NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Camicon wrote:Not trying to be a dick, but teleporting people from some unknown point on the surface of the planet, to a small room in a space-station at an unknown point way above the planet, seems to me like a task that's a little bit outside of Sakura's capabilities.

That is true. And then there is the fact that the simulation only covers a few dozen square miles of ocean, not the entire planet earth and everything in orbit around it.

Please edit that part of your post AP.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Now I'm picturing Sakura trying to teleport Cassie and she gets a "Error: Location does not exist in the simulation" error message....
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:36 pm

I was thinking of a little sim manipulation on the post if that'd be ok (like resetting energy levels on my character, purely as a logic as to why he can still do things at this point.)

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:39 pm

I'll probably just wait 'till you guys are back to "arrive".
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Pragia wrote:I was thinking of a little sim manipulation on the post if that'd be ok (like resetting energy levels on my character, purely as a logic as to why he can still do things at this point.)

As I said before, the simulation entirely blocks any ability to perceive or do anything on the outside, so it wouldn't be possible. Don't worry though, it'll end soon anyhow.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Pragia wrote:I was thinking of a little sim manipulation on the post if that'd be ok (like resetting energy levels on my character, purely as a logic as to why he can still do things at this point.)

As I said before, the simulation entirely blocks any ability to perceive or do anything on the outside, so it wouldn't be possible. Don't worry though, it'll end soon anyhow.

Yeah. I can't imagine a pair of little PT boats keeping up with a big 'ol cargo freighter for very long.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Camicon wrote:Not trying to be a dick, but teleporting people from some unknown point on the surface of the planet, to a small room in a space-station at an unknown point way above the planet, seems to me like a task that's a little bit outside of Sakura's capabilities.

If Mighty Asgard says no, which he has, I am going to make some edits. I just am confused by why Mighty Asgard did not mention this sooner since Sakura has teleported between the station and the Earth several times in the IC thread before without mention to stop, including her first appearance. My idea is that Sakura is good at teleporting across long distances, but that group teleportation of anything with a combined weight of more than 600 pounds is what she needs to work in fixing. I am aware of the problems, but most are negated by secondary superpowers. Otherwise, teleportation would always result in her appearing in other objects since she is teleporting on a moving ship on a moving sea on a rotating planet which is orbiting a star which is circulating around a black-hole in the center of the Milky-Way galaxy which is also moving. It would be the Philadelphia experiment every time she teleported. I understand the reason. Still, I am surprised that Mister Moreno did not take into account that Sakura may try teleporting to locations outside of the ship as an evacuation, especially one who thinks of herself as a pacifist who was part of a crew that got duped into working for a terrorist associate. Sakura will still try it, however stumped she may be at why Cassie is not appearing elsewhere. Any-how, I need to make the edit where she sees that Cassie is not disassembled and reassembling elsewhere.

The trope was not in the TV Tropes sense of noticeable re-occurring phenomenon in fiction that you can categorize for the fun of it. I mean in a story-telling device manner. It is the same reason why the boss fight with Zeus in God of War III irked me. Many gamers do not notice it, but it just seems odd when a first-person shooter changes to a third-person perspective the moment a vehicle is entered. I have never understood why it seems to make me take notice and have this annoyance in the back of my mind. It is just jarring to me to read a story largely told in third person narrative change to a first-person narrative. Call me crazy, it is just the type of thing I notice and I have no idea why it causes me to take notice. It just feels odd. It is like noticing a misspelling on a menu. It does not ruin the quality of your meal to any extent, but now you have this idea gnawing on your head that they misspelled it.

Also, I grant Camicon retroactive permission to have Tara to do that, though he really did not have to ask.

On another note, hell yes. I could use a light read.

Camicon wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:As I said before, the simulation entirely blocks any ability to perceive or do anything on the outside, so it wouldn't be possible. Don't worry though, it'll end soon anyhow.

Yeah. I can't imagine a pair of little PT boats keeping up with a big 'ol cargo freighter for very long.

A handysize has a speed of about 20 knots. Most boats used for interception travel above 30 knots. A cargo ship carrying lots of gold is not going to outrun that. Intercepting vessels need to be faster and more maneuverable than the boats they are intercepting. People generally do not think an F-150 carrying a full-load is going to outrun your sports car just because it is bigger. However, a red F-150 probably could do that.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 15 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Camicon wrote:Yeah. I can't imagine a pair of little PT boats keeping up with a big 'ol cargo freighter for very long.

A handysize has a speed of about 20 knots. Most boats used for interception travel above 30 knots. A cargo ship carrying lots of gold is not going to outrun that. Intercepting vessels need to be faster and more maneuverable than the boats they are intercepting. People generally do not think an F-150 carrying a full-load is going to outrun your sports car just because it is bigger. However, a red F-150 probably could do that.

Since when have warships designed for interception carried secondary ships also designed for interception? Kind've redundant, don't you think?

Also, I'll get that essay up when I get back home, TG you a link.

And, if any of you haven't heard, there's been a bombing at the Boston Marathon. Three explosions, one controlled. Most reports are saying 2 dead, 23 injured.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Prusseuss
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm

They find the bomber?!?
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
FLY,MAGICKARP,FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" So every time I press this button,a person somewhere dies,but I get a million dollars ? "
" Yes,but don't be to hasty....."
*presses button 10 times*
" I'll take my ten million dollars now"
"............"

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Camicon wrote:And, if any of you haven't heard, there's been a bombing at the Boston Marathon. Three explosions, one controlled. Most reports are saying 2 dead, 23 injured.

Yeah, I've heard. Sucks. My thoughts are with the victims of this attack.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Prusseuss wrote:They find the bomber?!?

I think there are more important things to do right now, than start combing a city of millions for one guy. Like, you'know, making sure there aren't any other bombs out there. And getting medical help to the people that lost limbs. Getting families in contact with each other.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Camicon wrote:

I think there are more important things to do right now, than start combing a city of millions for one guy. Like, you'know, making sure there aren't any other bombs out there. And getting medical help to the people that lost limbs. Getting families in contact with each other.

Just found out my religion teacher's bro got injured, really saddening.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Camicon wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:

Since when have warships designed for interception carried secondary ships also designed for interception? Kind've redundant, don't you think?

Also, I'll get that essay up when I get back home, TG you a link.

And, if any of you haven't heard, there's been a bombing at the Boston Marathon. Three explosions, one controlled. Most reports are saying 2 dead, 23 injured.

The United States Navy does not design ships to intercept. They design ships so that they have smaller boats that are designed with interception in mind. It has to do with the whole problem of pirates and guerillas generally having easy access to RPG-7s at the low-low price of $2,000 on the black-markets of the world alongside the general problem that USN ships are meant for the purpose of war, something which rarely precipitates interception. The ability to have small boats intercept is more like an addition to a warship than anything else.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 pm

The problem with bombs is that they can be exploded at a "safe distance" from the person who planted it, which could mean already half-way to Quebec in a failure to understand that America and Canada have a generous extradition treaty that allows the FBI and RCMP to freely cross the border in pursuit of suspects assuming the suspect does not make that misjudgement. The focus is on preventing bombs and tracing the bombs by their components after it. The later is done generally after you evacuated the bomb-sites of people screaming for help.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

The Austrian-Hungarian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Austrian-Hungarian Empire » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:28 am

Name: Siris
Nationality: American
Height: 6ft, 2in
Weight: 150 Pounds
Hair: Dark Blue
Eyes: Blue
Costume (if any):

(Note: He wears a mask which obscures the lower-half of his face).
Abilities: Elemental Manipulation, Master Swordsman, Decelerated Aging
Subject: Combat and Self-Defence. Also would like to be involved on Earth missions.
Brief Bio: Siris was a young prodigy, heralded as a bright mind of his generation and praised by his teachers. His parents moved with him to a small town at the age of 16 looking for a quieter life. While taking a walk around the park he got attacked by a bunch of gang members. He then wiped out nearly the entire gang. His parents found out about this and sent him to Superhero High. After he returned at the age of nineteen, they we’re shocked out that he looked like if he was sixteen years old. They then forbid him from coming back and in anger and bitterness he burned the house down. He then left and decided to go to the only place where he felt was his true home, Superhero High. Thankfully the headmaster accepted him and he became a teacher at Superhero High, thanks to him being quite knowledgably on combat, being a skilled tactician, and his bright mind; he was accepted to be a teacher despite the seemingly young age. His eyes are normally half closed; when they are fully open, it usually means he is hiding behind his mask. In public he acts like an ordinary high school student; polite, kind and somewhat shy. However, when he does his "work", he completely transforms into a ruthless killer, who only kills what he deems "evil". Despite that he claims to not care about people, he has shown signs that he does care for people.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 am

The Austrian-Hungarian Empire wrote:
Name: Siris
Nationality: American
Height: 6ft, 2in
Weight: 150 Pounds
Hair: Dark Blue
Eyes: Blue
Costume (if any):
(Note: He wears a mask which obscures the lower-half of his face).
Abilities: Elemental Manipulation, Master Swordsman, Decelerated Aging
Subject: Combat and Self-Defence. Also would like to be involved on Earth missions.
Brief Bio: Siris was a young prodigy, heralded as a bright mind of his generation and praised by his teachers. His parents moved with him to a small town at the age of 16 looking for a quieter life. While taking a walk around the park he got attacked by a bunch of gang members. He then wiped out nearly the entire gang. His parents found out about this and sent him to Superhero High. After he returned at the age of nineteen, they we’re shocked out that he looked like if he was sixteen years old. They then forbid him from coming back and in anger and bitterness he burned the house down. He then left and decided to go to the only place where he felt was his true home, Superhero High. Thankfully the headmaster accepted him and he became a teacher at Superhero High, thanks to him being quite knowledgably on combat, being a skilled tactician, and his bright mind; he was accepted to be a teacher despite the seemingly young age. His eyes are normally half closed; when they are fully open, it usually means he is hiding behind his mask. In public he acts like an ordinary high school student; polite, kind and somewhat shy. However, when he does his "work", he completely transforms into a ruthless killer, who only kills what he deems "evil". Despite that he claims to not care about people, he has shown signs that he does care for people.

Accepted.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 am

Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 am

The above post is sarcastic. Do not make any serious considerations for the post and its poor quality as an application.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:The above post is sarcastic. Do not make any serious considerations for the post and its poor quality as an application.

Would totally want to rp that...

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Name: Rolf Rongstad (AKA: Black Hood)
Nationality: Norwegian
Height: 6'2
Weight: 215lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Costume: Outfit Always wears his costume, he feels it's "him," and feels weird without it.
Abilities: Rapid Health Regeneration, Echolocation, Acrobatics, and weapon mastery
Subject: Acrobatics and Weapon Implications Class
Brief Bio: Born in a middle-class family in Norway, he had a very simple life with his military parent who tried to make his life easier. At the age of 15 did he start to notice his powers, gashes he would receive while doing strenuous activity would heal with in seconds, and he was able to locate objects, animals, and people through the use of his still improving echolocation. As time grew on his powers continued to grow stronger and stronger until his 20 birthday where the ceased, he decided to join the military, the decision was a right one for him and the government. Since he was a "Expendable," asset he was sent on many missions by the government, he continued his career in the military until a blast to the head made him go "Wonky." His personality changed from cold, calculating, and serious to sarcastic, carefree, and slightly crazy. It was this that got him discharged from the military. With his knew founds skills he set off to make a living, Rolf began selling himself out as an assassin and mercenary, he became known for being a "Crazed, expendable, skilled" mercenary/ assassin.
Last edited by Treko on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:09 am

Treko wrote:
Costume: OutfitAlways wears his costume, he feels it's "him," and feels weird without it.
Abilities: Rapid Health Regeneration, Echolocation, Acrobatics, and weapon mastery
Brief Bio: Born in a middle-class family in Norway, he had a very simple life with his military parent who tried to make his life easier. At the age of 15 did he start to notice his powers, gashes he would receive while doing strenuous activity would heal with in seconds, and he was able to locate objects, animals, and people through the use of his still improving echolocation. As time grew on his powers continued to grow stronger and stronger until his 20 birthday where the ceased, he decided to join the military, the decision was a right one for him and the government. Since he was a "Expendable," asset he was sent on many missions by the government, he continued his career in the military until a blast to the head made him go "Wonky." His personality changed from cold, calculating, and serious to sarcastic, carefree, and slightly crazy. It was this that got him discharged from the military. With his knew founds skills he set off to make a living, Rolf began selling himself out as an assassin and mercenary, he became known for being a "Crazed, expendable, skilled" mercenary/ assassin.

Seems good, one question though: What is Weapon Implications Class?

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:21 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Treko wrote:
Costume: OutfitAlways wears his costume, he feels it's "him," and feels weird without it.

Seems good, one question though: What is Weapon Implications Class?

using firearms while doing acrobats. I think I should of put firearms instead.
Last edited by Treko on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 am

Treko wrote:using firearms while doing acrobats. I think I should of put firearms instead.

Both acrobatics and firearms at the same time, or two different subjects?

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:58 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Treko wrote:using firearms while doing acrobats. I think I should of put firearms instead.

Both acrobatics and firearms at the same time, or two different subjects?

Same time. Twice the fun in one class! Plus, he's slightly crazy.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:01 am

Treko wrote:Same time. Twice the fun in one class! Plus, he's slightly crazy.

Yes, it certainly seems so. I think it would be better if he also held classes in firearms and acrobatics separately, in addition to 'Applied Acrobatic Combat Training.'

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse