NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:44 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:
"I am sorry 'me lady, but I don't give a damn." Wait, he said I was standardized? I AM SPECIALIZED AS ANY PROFESSIONAL IS SUPPOSED TO BE! A MAN IS NOT A PIECE OF GALVANIZED IRON!

... do you need a gibbs style head-slap to hit the ol' reset button?

No, we need to settle this in the chunky salsa way (standing in a seven foot concrete clyinder with grenades, having that airlifted by a helicopter, and then throwing the grenades in the direction you think the enemy is in a spin on the game "Marco Polo")! W.W.L.D.? On second thought, how about standing in a fourteen feet wide, sixeteen feet deep ditch with a plank seperating us and claymores to fight with until only one remains to become President just like Abraham Lincoln would have done?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:50 am

Northern Dominus wrote:... do you need a gibbs style head-slap to hit the ol' reset button?

NO, WE NEED TO SETTLE THIS THE CHUNKY SALSA WAY (Standing in a seven foot concrete clyinder with grenades, having that airlifted by a helicopter, and then throwing the grenades in the direction you think the enemy is in a spin on the game "Marco Polo").
Or we could settle it with fisticuffs...on top of a giant submersible battleship
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:55 am

Hibernicus wrote:
I have given up on Zan, but maybe it's not too late now to enter another character.
Name: Arty Fuchs
Nationality: American
Height: 5' 3" (160.02 cm)
Weight: 115 lbs. (52.16 oz.)
Hair: Medium-length shaggy auburn
Eyes: Green
Costume (if any): Red Beret, navy blue sweatshirt (no hoods), royal blue athletic pants, and sandals.
Abilities: Drawing Animation, Clay Animation (Please refer to Animation in the Superpower Wiki)
Alignment: Hero
Brief Bio: Even after a year since Arty was born, he wouldn't speak. At two years of age, he was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. He often used art as means of expressing himself when he couldn't talk. After plenty of programs, he started to speak, but he usually doesn't feel like talking. In Kindergarten, he was never played with because of being different. When a mean kid walked up to him and started bullying him, Arty accidentally used his powers for the first time. His drawing of a boxer became animated, and just the sight of this sent the kid running away. Everyone stared at the animated picture and Arty. This was when Arty realized he could bring his drawings to life for a short amount of time. He tried this with clay, and it worked. Unfortunately, he was taken away from his family and placed in a government facility, where he got his education, but was separated from society for having superhuman abilities. This didn't stop him from literally making new friends. When he was accepted at Super Hero High, he willingly accepted into going.

Accepted.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
NO, WE NEED TO SETTLE THIS THE CHUNKY SALSA WAY (Standing in a seven foot concrete clyinder with grenades, having that airlifted by a helicopter, and then throwing the grenades in the direction you think the enemy is in a spin on the game "Marco Polo").
Or we could settle it with fisticuffs...on top of a giant submersible battleship

Okay, let me set up a playlist while I get my eyepatch and sneaking suit on (add a new addition to the list).

1. Aloha Stadium (Real Life)
2. The Lobo (Roseanne)
3. Music Room #3 (OHSHC)
2. The club which I am obligated to say does not exist (Fight Club)
5. Ohtori Academy (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
6. The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz)
7. Altruistic Paladins' Mind (Real Life)
8. Gliese 581 c (Real Life)
9. Nakarisaune's closet (Real Life)
10. The Philadelphia Museum of Art (Real Life)
11. An un-named, cozy, little pub (???)
12. Noir Universe (Marvel Comics)
13. Heart of the Forest Renaissance Faire (Real Life)
14. Lotsamethuselah '96 (WWWF Grudge Match)
15. Corrian's vehicle (Real Life)
16. Bad Joke Bunker (Internet)
17. Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia)
18. The middle of a boxed canyon (Red Vs Blue)
19. An echo chamber (Internet)
20. The Trans-Continental Flying Pussyfoot (Baccano!)
21. The White House (The West Wing)
22. Outer Haven (Metal Gear Solid)

"At least I won't be bored for the next eighteen hours of fighting," A.P. says as a certain theme starts playing.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 am

Northern Dominus wrote:Or we could settle it with fisticuffs...on top of a giant submersible battleship

Okay, let me set up a playlist while I get my eyepatch and sneaking suit on (add a new addition to the list).

1. Aloha Stadium (Real Life)
2. The Lobo (Roseanne)
3. Music Room #3 (OHSHC)
2. The club which I am obligated to say does not exist (Fight Club)
5. Ohtori Academy (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
6. The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz)
7. Altruistic Paladins' Mind (Real Life)
8. Gliese 581 c (Real Life)
9. Nakarisaune's closet (Real Life)
10. The Philadelphia Museum of Art (Real Life)
11. An un-named, cozy, little pub (???)
12. Noir Universe (Marvel Comics)
13. Heart of the Forest Renaissance Faire (Real Life)
14. Lotsamethuselah '96 (WWWF Grudge Match)
15. Corrian's vehicle (Real Life)
16. Bad Joke Bunker (Internet)
17. Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia)
18. The middle of a boxed canyon (Red Vs Blue)
19. An echo chamber (Internet)
20. The Trans-Continental Flying Pussyfoot (Baccano!)
21. The White House (The West Wing)
22. Outer Haven (Metal Gear Solid)

"At least I won't be bored for the next eighteen hours of fighting," A.P. says as a certain theme starts playing.

Right now, it feels like more of a family house. With a shed for when people need to go shoot things. There can be portraits on the walls of all the past OPs and each person gets their own room. Corrian's is soundproofed, of course. Yours is full of references that none of us get. And I live in the attic and sleep with everyone when you're not looking.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 am

Nakarisaune wrote:Right now, it feels like more of a family house. With a shed for when people need to go shoot things. There can be portraits on the walls of all the past OPs and each person gets their own room. Corrian's is soundproofed, of course. Yours is full of references that none of us get. And I live in the attic and sleep with everyone when you're not looking.

What? Because I blast music all the time, (Or video games, or movies, and so on), or because I don't shut up?
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:21 am

Corrian wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Right now, it feels like more of a family house. With a shed for when people need to go shoot things. There can be portraits on the walls of all the past OPs and each person gets their own room. Corrian's is soundproofed, of course. Yours is full of references that none of us get. And I live in the attic and sleep with everyone when you're not looking.

What? Because I blast music all the time, (Or video games, or movies, and so on), or because I don't shut up?

The music one. We don't mind if you don't shut up, if it gets too bad we have gags. We're a bit of an odd family. :hug:
Last edited by Nakarisaune on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 am

Nakarisaune wrote:
Corrian wrote:What? Because I blast music all the time, (Or video games, or movies, and so on), or because I don't shut up?

The music one. We can use gags if you don't shut up. We're a bit of an odd family. :hug:

I know; that book is painful to read. Just moments in and I have already made an obscure reference.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:49 am

Nakarisaune wrote:
Corrian wrote:What? Because I blast music all the time, (Or video games, or movies, and so on), or because I don't shut up?

The music one. We don't mind if you don't shut up, if it gets too bad we have gags. We're a bit of an odd family. :hug:

:P :hug:

*Blasts ambient music to go to bed to*

Kinda weird, but eh. It's funny loving some metal music while loving ambient music as well. There's some great metal and ambient music out there.

Sigur Ros, I must see you live someday.....*Grumbles about trying to go see a Sigur Ros concert on August 9th but it selling out in 15 minutes after the tickets went on sale, and grumbles about people who just buy tickets to resell them for overpriced on the internet*. I try to see my first concert ever and it sells out! Sigur Ros, go to places that are bigger then 2,000 people in Seattle please! :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:01 am

Why is the Ic moving so slowly?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 am

Corrian wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:The music one. We don't mind if you don't shut up, if it gets too bad we have gags. We're a bit of an odd family. :hug:

:P :hug:

*Blasts ambient music to go to bed to*

Kinda weird, but eh. It's funny loving some metal music while loving ambient music as well. There's some great metal and ambient music out there.

Sigur Ros, I must see you live someday.....*Grumbles about trying to go see a Sigur Ros concert on August 9th but it selling out in 15 minutes after the tickets went on sale, and grumbles about people who just buy tickets to resell them for overpriced on the internet*. I try to see my first concert ever and it sells out! Sigur Ros, go to places that are bigger then 2,000 people in Seattle please! :P

I know. I like metal, but I also like New Age music (even if I facepalm at New Age religion). Then again, I have not encountered a single genre (not necessarily sub-genre) of music where I did not like at least five songs in it, which results in the musical equivalent of whiplash on my playlists. Orchestral rock to smooth jazz, okay. Classic rock to progressive metal, why the hell not? Electronica to world music, fine by me. Hair metal to romanticist, I do not mind.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:12 am

Nfhd wrote:Why is the Ic moving so slowly?

I think it is partially motivated by the lack of things for the away party to do.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 am

Nfhd wrote:Why is the Ic moving so slowly?

I think it is partially motivated by the lack of things for the away party to do.

Yeah, that makes sense. Well I'm going to go play counterstrike.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 am

Uh, Mighty Asgard...the Lynxes' aren't gunships, they're transports. The gunships are the apaches :p

The whole idea is that the apaches use their autocannons and rockets to bring the house down and collapse one end of the tunnel. When that happens the Lynxes running the "racetrack" over Kildare observe for any sudden mass exodus' of a house not directly next to the one being reduced to rubble and call it, letting other squads home in on the other end.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 am

Northern Dominus wrote:Uh, Mighty Asgard...the Lynxes' aren't gunships, they're transports. The gunships are the apaches :p

The whole idea is that the apaches use their autocannons and rockets to bring the house down and collapse one end of the tunnel. When that happens the Lynxes running the "racetrack" over Kildare observe for any sudden mass exodus' of a house not directly next to the one being reduced to rubble and call it, letting other squads home in on the other end.

A real super soldier would have been able to make to with transport helicopters. Just saying.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:51 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Uh, Mighty Asgard...the Lynxes' aren't gunships, they're transports. The gunships are the apaches :p

A real super soldier would have been able to make to with transport helicopters. Just saying.
Yes yes, Captain America could have done it, but then again he has that vibranium shield. Burton Malik does not :D

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:56 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:A real super soldier would have been able to make to with transport helicopters. Just saying.
Yes yes, Captain America could have done it, but then again he has that vibranium shield. Burton Malik does not :D

But Burton has an assault rifle, and I think pretty much anyone would agree that an assault rifle is a better weapon than a shield.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:58 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote: Yes yes, Captain America could have done it, but then again he has that vibranium shield. Burton Malik does not :D

But Burton has an assault rifle, and I think pretty much anyone would agree that an assault rifle is a better weapon than a shield.
Not just any shield, a Vibranium Shield

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:But Burton has an assault rifle, and I think pretty much anyone would agree that an assault rifle is a better weapon than a shield.
Not just any shield, a Vibranium Shield

I know that, but still. If you had to fight a guy, would you rather have an unbreakable shield or an assault rifle?

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:03 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Not just any shield, a Vibranium Shield

I know that, but still. If you had to fight a guy, would you rather have an unbreakable shield or an assault rifle?
Unbreakable shield. Believe me, assault rifles can break themselves for no obvious reason at the most inopportune time (THAT was a fun day at GM School)

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:03 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:

What about peak human abilities, the moral center-point for the Marvel Universes that do not involve the word "Ultimate", the Avengers, and a creation by Jack Kirby alongside Joe Simon?
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:

Unbreakable shield. Because I don't know how to shoot.

Also, having a rifle is no use if you get killed straight away.
Last edited by Nakarisaune on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:I know that, but still. If you had to fight a guy, would you rather have an unbreakable shield or an assault rifle?

What about peak human abilities, the moral center-point for the Marvel Universes that do not involve the word "Ultimate", the Avengers, and a creation by Jack Kirby alongside Joe Simon?
That's so ambiguous, even your "normal" Captain America seems pretty superhuman. At most I'd imagine Burton would have a footspeed of about 35 mph, bench close to 2,000 pounds, and have a 70-80 inch vertical, for a very baseline example.

So yeah, better than even the finest athletes, but nowhere near superhuman.

Plus you have to remember this involves running down an alleyway exposed to energy and ballistic fire. All the phsyical ability and skill in the world doesn't matter if somebody gets one lucky shot off. Better to bring the building down around their ears rather than risk getting waylaid by some lucky punk with a gun.
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:Also, having a rifle is no use if you get killed straight away.

Neither is a shield, or a nuke for that matter. Generally, being dead means that most weapons are not useful anymore.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Also, having a rifle is no use if you get killed straight away.

Neither is a shield, or a nuke for that matter. Generally, being dead means that most weapons are not useful anymore.

Yeah but you could use the shield to stop yourself dying immediately.
Probably.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse