NATION

PASSWORD

Battletech OOC/Registration (Still open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we end the Sim?

End the Sim, we've already won anyway.
43%
Lets keep it going I want to kick some more simulated asses.
24%
Doesn't matter to me.
10%
Do we refer to a lance of Jenners as a Bruce?
24%

Total votes : 21

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 am

SaintB wrote:My computer is still being an epic pos I'm near to the point of using it for target practice
What's the issue with it this time?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
SaintB wrote:My computer is still being an epic pos I'm near to the point of using it for target practice
What's the issue with it this time?

Switched to the on board gpu and its doing the same shit. Methinks the motherboard is dead
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:46 pm

SaintB wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:What's the issue with it this time?

Switched to the on board gpu and its doing the same shit. Methinks the motherboard is dead

Did you check the fetzer valve?

EDIT: Sorry, might actually be the technoencabulator. I've had to replace mine at least half a dozen times.
Last edited by Strykla on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Strykla wrote:
SaintB wrote:Switched to the on board gpu and its doing the same shit. Methinks the motherboard is dead

Did you check the fetzer valve?

EDIT: Sorry, might actually be the technoencabulator. I've had to replace mine at least half a dozen times.

I keep getting errors that point to graphics driver failures or graphics card failures I changed the power supply, the graphics card the drivers the bios and it still give me the same errors... to my knowledge it has to be the motherboard. Besides fetzer valves and technoencabulators are guitar parts right??
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 pm

SaintB wrote:
Strykla wrote:Did you check the fetzer valve?

I keep getting errors that point to graphics driver failures or graphics card failures I changed the power supply, the graphics card the drivers the bios and it still give me the same errors... to my knowledge it has to be the motherboard. Besides fetzer valves and technoencabulators are guitar parts right??
I thought you could fix either of those with percussive maintenance.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
SaintB wrote:I keep getting errors that point to graphics driver failures or graphics card failures I changed the power supply, the graphics card the drivers the bios and it still give me the same errors... to my knowledge it has to be the motherboard. Besides fetzer valves and technoencabulators are guitar parts right??
I thought you could fix either of those with percussive maintenance.

He needs to whack it a couple more times with a wrench.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm kinda waiting on Strykla since he's going to be heading for the installation along with OD.

Strykla
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:04 pm

SaintB wrote:I'm kinda waiting on Strykla since he's going to be heading for the installation along with OD.

Oh, sorry, my B. I won't be able to get a post in till tomorrow, but I'll put it on my shit list. Uh, to-do list.
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Strykla wrote:
SaintB wrote:I'm kinda waiting on Strykla since he's going to be heading for the installation along with OD.

Oh, sorry, my B. I won't be able to get a post in till tomorrow, but I'll put it on my shit list. Uh, to-do list.

not really an issue since my computer is ya know.. busted...

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:22 am

Hey guys don;t quit on me, I don't even have a computer and I post...

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Yay hurricanes spawning storms and knocking out the power grid. I haven't had electricity for two days, how is everyone else?

Strykla
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 am

SaintB wrote:Yay hurricanes spawning storms and knocking out the power grid. I haven't had electricity for two days, how is everyone else?

I'm fine here. Had electricity go out once, but only for a second.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 am

Strykla wrote:
SaintB wrote:Yay hurricanes spawning storms and knocking out the power grid. I haven't had electricity for two days, how is everyone else?

I'm fine here. Had electricity go out once, but only for a second.

Most fucked up thing about it in my mind is I'm in Northwestern PA, hundreds of miles from the storm but it knocked out power to almost 600 people where I live.

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:08 pm

correct me if I'm wrong... but the Jenner is heading for our assault lance, right? just want to keep things as straight as possible.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:05 pm

JuNii wrote:correct me if I'm wrong... but the Jenner is heading for our assault lance, right? just want to keep things as straight as possible.

Yes the jenner is heading almost straight toward the combat lance.

Ill try to commandeer a computer to write sweet ic tonight.
Last edited by SaintB on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 pm

So where is everyone? I'm still here trying to run this but should I just call it dead?

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 pm

SaintB wrote:So where is everyone? I'm still here trying to run this but should I just call it dead?
I'm here, been really busy with career stuff and all but I promise I will get to writing this week again now that I have some off time and a break.

Strykla
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 pm

I just assumed this RP would be a longer-paced one than normal.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Strykla wrote:I just assumed this RP would be a longer-paced one than normal.

I'm just concerned because I was the only one to make anything in the IC or OOC for over a week.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm still game, I was waiting for SaintB to respond to Strykla's last post and have now found that he did. A long time ago. So, consider this an official "mybad" claim of responsibility.

I'll throw something in, but advanced apologies for how short it's going to be.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Strykla
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:16 am

So.... What's the ETA for WOB invasion? Next episode?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Strykla wrote:So.... What's the ETA for WOB invasion? Next episode?

One or two jobs for the Concordat and then the HPG network goes dark, signalling the WOB Jihad. I'm hoping we can get that far.

In case anyone wonders why the pilot of the Jenner would shut down in the middle of combat: It's a mercenary thing. If a mercenary knows they can't survive a fight they sometimes shut down; its a way of saying they surrender and save thier own life. Often times their 'mech is claimed for as salvage or the victorious mercs ransom the 'mech and pilot back to their corporation sort of like Medieval Knights in the 15th century.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:25 am

I promise, I'm still around and still playing...I know it doesn't LOOK like it but that's just because I've been planning a cunning maneuver...

Okay...the truth is I haven't seen any movement from any of Artemus' lancemates at all, plus no response to this part of my post...

Keeping this in mind Artemus flipped the orange-gold visior down, cutting down on the light interference before activating thermal optics.
The idea was that even with diminished contrast due to heat-blending any mechs accompanying the Jenner that the R/S lance had engaged would stick out like crows in a blizzard. It was crude and being potentially dazzled by the bright wall of red-white heat scaling, but then again even if he was confronted with a wall of white with pink and crimson shadows, mech heat signatures would show up first...

So I'm sorta lost as to what to do.

Just need a bit of direction Saintly one, and I'll gladly re-engage.

Strykla
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Sorry guys, I've been caught up in schoolwork and this majorly slipped my mind. I don't know when I'll put up a respectable post, but I'll keep this in mind.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:09 am

Northern Dominus wrote:I promise, I'm still around and still playing...I know it doesn't LOOK like it but that's just because I've been planning a cunning maneuver...

Okay...the truth is I haven't seen any movement from any of Artemus' lancemates at all, plus no response to this part of my post...

Keeping this in mind Artemus flipped the orange-gold visior down, cutting down on the light interference before activating thermal optics.
The idea was that even with diminished contrast due to heat-blending any mechs accompanying the Jenner that the R/S lance had engaged would stick out like crows in a blizzard. It was crude and being potentially dazzled by the bright wall of red-white heat scaling, but then again even if he was confronted with a wall of white with pink and crimson shadows, mech heat signatures would show up first...

So I'm sorta lost as to what to do.

Just need a bit of direction Saintly one, and I'll gladly re-engage.

My bad, I never saw that if I did I forgot it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse