NATION

PASSWORD

American Paranormal Society (OOC) Closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:06 am

Kazomal wrote:I'd love to join in on this one. I joined the PIT just as it died, and the other paranormal RP I'm in is off to a very slow start. Just a clarification before I submit a character, is this RP is based in the "real world," rather than the NS world? I have a character who's a former Kazomal intelligence agent, should I make a new character for the APS application?

Well, yes, it's set in modern earth. You can make a new character or alter your other character, whatever you like. As I've said several times but people still ask about, you can be absolutely anything with at least human level intelligence.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Kazomal
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kazomal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:12 am

Cool, I'll probably submit a re-worked, but similar character soon. Looks like you're in the middle of chapter 2, so I have a little time to get my guy submitted before chapter 3
Check out Rabbit Punch, the MMA, Sports, News & Politics blog, now in two great flavors!

Rabbit Punch: Sports (MMA and Sports Blog)- http://www.rabbitpunch1.blogspot.com
Rabbit Punch: Politics (News and Politics, the Ultimate Contact Sports)- http://rabbitpunchpolitics.blogspot.com/

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 am

Kazomal wrote:Cool, I'll probably submit a re-worked, but similar character soon. Looks like you're in the middle of chapter 2, so I have a little time to get my guy submitted before chapter 3

Middle? Beginning. Only two things have happened so far, and I can tell you them real fast once you read the Chapter One recap.

Goodbye.

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Kazomal wrote:Cool, I'll probably submit a re-worked, but similar character soon. Looks like you're in the middle of chapter 2, so I have a little time to get my guy submitted before chapter 3

Middle? Beginning. Only two things have happened so far, and I can tell you them real fast once you read the Chapter One recap.

I just meant that it had already started, but if it's cool with you, I can catch up on what's happened, get this character made and submitted tonight, and jump in on chapter 2.
Check out Rabbit Punch, the MMA, Sports, News & Politics blog, now in two great flavors!

Rabbit Punch: Sports (MMA and Sports Blog)- http://www.rabbitpunch1.blogspot.com
Rabbit Punch: Politics (News and Politics, the Ultimate Contact Sports)- http://rabbitpunchpolitics.blogspot.com/

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 am

Kazomal wrote:

I just meant that it had already started, but if it's cool with you, I can catch up on what's happened, get this character made and submitted tonight, and jump in on chapter 2.

Did you read the Ch. One Recap?

Goodbye.

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 am

Kazomal wrote:

Sure have, and read a little of the chapter 1 IC thread

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 am

Kazomal wrote:

Sure have, and read a little of the chapter 1 IC thread

Alright, well here are the only things you need to know about Chapter Two:

1.) Hans has a little army now, and he just stole some magic cane. Michael, yes that Michael, punched him out and went to get the Unseen, a covert ops branch of the APS sent to apprehend him.

2.) McMillan just scared the shit out of Nicholas and told him Chester is in Japan while taunting him about his wife and ancestry, which is shrouded in mystery.

3.) Death awoke Conquest, talked about how McMillan and Chester threw the natural order of the apocalypse out of order when he awoke her then War. She then released a disease onto the Salisbury Plains. I can explain what the Plains are if necessary.

Goodbye.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Bump

Goodbye.

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Here he is:

Name: Roland White

191 (actual)

Appearance: While he was considered quite tall for his day, Roland is just above the average today. He has the long, muscled frame of a 19th century marine, dark blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Scars from almost two centuries of battle cross his body, the only one visible under long-sleeves being a light horizontal scar from a saber graze across his left cheek. He has the eyes of a much older man.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aBKNU2d0WO0/T ... cqueen.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_femhrxbNtS0/S ... en_bhp.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/240 ... c6327d.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Cvo4jwbe8wE/S ... osters.jpg
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LR ... -press.jpg

Preferred Weapon:
Glock 17
SIG Sauer P226
Taurus Judge revolver
H&K MP7
Lee-Enfield SMLE jungle carbine
FN FAL
H&K 416
Cutlass
Dagger
Hatchet
Knife
Improvised
Fists

Bio: Born Roland Matisse Strange to a German father and a Greek/Turkish mother in London in 1820, Roland got his first uniform and gun at the age of 16. In order to escape the bleak existence of a poor factory worker, young Roland joined up with the British Army, and 3 years of marching, drilling and uniform inspections later, was shipped out to fight the Opium War. Roland distinguished himself on the battlefield with his discipline under fire, and the ferocity with which he fought the enemy.

Two years into the campaign, Roland was abducted from his tent by extraterrestrial visitors, who used him for medical experiments. One of these experiments involved an “immortality treatment,” which causes Roland’s cells to break down and age at only one tenth the rate of a normal human, as well as granting him accelerated healing, and some protection from disease, wound, and death. The alien captors tortured Roland relentlessly to test the limits of this treatment.

In 1843, the aliens returned Roland to the same general area where they have kidnapped him two years before. Unable to process what had happened to him, Roland spent the next 37 years wandering the darkest corners of China, Southeast Asia, India, Central Asia, the Mid-East, Africa, and South America. This was a violent time for Roland, who slew, on average, a person a day for 37 years. He also learned something of the occult in this time, and developed a taste for strong drink and mind-bending substances.

Roland turned up in the American West around 1880 as Roland Rodgers, leader of the outlaw band known as the Death Rattlers. After 12 years of daring robberies, hold-ups, and heists, the authorities began to close in, and in 1892, Roland again moved on, back to his native London town. Sticking with what he knew, Roland become a successful, if low-profile figure in the London underworld. 4 years later, legal pressure again forced Roland to flee arrest, this time to the British colony of Nyasaland, where he lived as an outback hunter from 1896-1902. This was one of the brief periods of peace in Roland’s life, and he resolved to end his wanderings and live out his days in the company of nature.

The company of other humans soon called to Roland. The life of the career criminal having proven too unstable, Roland turned again to his first job, and joined up with the Kings African Rifles, 1st Nyasaland Battalion. From 1902 to 1915, Roland was again a happy killer in HM’s army.

His faith was shattered once more when he was transferred to the European theatre of the Great War.

He spent the next 10 years wandering Europe, falling back into drugs, crime and violence, before finding his way to Africa via the Mid-East, and eventually settling in Ethiopia in 1930, where he enjoyed another brief period of peace living and working in a rural farming village. When Mussolini invaded Ethiopia in 1935, Roland again went to war. For the first time, he was fighting to defend his home. For the first time, his side met with total defeat.

Driven from his homeland, and desperate to strike back against the forces of Fascism, or, as he still saw it, Empires and Kings, Roland fled to Spain, where he fought for the Second Spanish Republic under a CNT/FAI banner. Again, Roland’s side suffered defeat, and he fled once more to the jungles of central Africa in 1939.

When the British East Africa Campaign was launched in 1940, Roland, now Roland Waits, joined up with the Kings African Rifles once more and successfully drove the Italians from Ethiopia. Roland spent the next 4 years fighting Italian guerilla holdouts, and then hunting down escaped Italian officers who had made it back to Italy.

Grateful to the British Empire for liberating his beloved Ethiopia, Roland began to find his earlier aversion to “Empires and Kings” short-sighted, and joined up with British Intelligence in 1945. What he saw and learned over the next 17 years, however, re-asserted his former convictions. In 1962, Roland turned professional mercenary, mostly for underdog or revolutionary forces, though he never got as invested as he had in Ethiopia or Spain. He no longer had the faith in humanity, the genuine purpose he had, briefly, in those days He also took the occasional job form Western, Soviet, or Chinese forces, when the money was good and the job was right, or when he just needed to get back on someone’s good side.

In 1988, Roland, now Roland White, settled in Montgomery County, Maryland, just outside of Washington, DC, USA and set himself up as a private investigator. He finds the work leisurely, more a hobby than a job, and the life more pampered than in times past, at least if you were in the right place and had cash. Which he did, in large amounts, from his mercenary days.

In 2011, Roland joined the American Paranormal Society.

RP Sample: I have never finished an RP, but I have never dropped out of an RP. My PIT case was abandoned and the PIT died shortly after I arrived, and I am in 2 RPs right now (a Fallout: New Vegas RP, and a paranormal RP), which seem to have slowed down quite a bit, and thus I am looking for something new, where I can post more regularly. Below are my 3 Forum RPs, and a link to my region and regional board, for further RPing samples:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78047&hilit=PIT

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=129626

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=112978&p=6117659&hilit=Mahoney#p6117659

http://www.nationstates.net/region=ixnay

http://s15.zetaboards.com/ixnay/index/
Last edited by Kazomal on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Kazomal wrote:Here he is:

Name: Roland White

191 (actual)

Appearance: While he was considered quite tall for his day, Roland is just above the average today. He has the long, muscled frame of a 19th century marine, and dark hair and eyes. Scars from almost two centuries of battle cross his body, the only one visible under long-sleeves being a light horizontal scar from a saber graze across his left cheek. He has the eyes of a much older man.

Preferred Weapon:
Glock 17
SIG Sauer P226
Taurus Judge revolver
H&K MP7
FN FAL
H&K 416
Cutlass
Dagger
Hatchet
Improvised
Fists

Bio: Born Roland Matisse Strange to a German father and a Greek/Turkish mother in London in 1820, Roland got his first uniform and gun at the age of 16. In order to escape the bleak existence of a poor factory worker, young Roland joined up with the British Army, and 3 years of marching, drilling and uniform inspections later, was shipped out to fight the Opium War. Roland distinguished himself on the battlefield with his discipline under fire, and the ferocity with which he fought the enemy.

Two years into the campaign, Roland was abducted from his tent by extraterrestrial visitors, who used him for medical experiments. One of these experiments involved an “immortality treatment,” which causes Roland’s cells to break down and age at only one tenth the rate of a normal human, as well as granting him accelerated healing, and some protection from disease, wound, and death. The alien captors tortured Roland relentlessly to test the limits of this treatment.

In 1843, the aliens returned Roland to the same general area where they have kidnapped him two years before. Unable to process what had happened to him, Roland spent the next 37 years wandering the darkest corners of China, Southeast Asia, India, Central Asia, the Mid-East, Africa, and South America. This was a violent time for Roland, who slew, on average, a person a day for 37 years. He also learned something of the occult in this time, and developed a taste for strong drink and mind-bending substances.

Roland turned up in the American West around 1880 as Roland Rodgers, leader of the outlaw band known as the Death Rattlers. After 12 years of daring robberies, hold-ups, and heists, the authorities began to close in, and in 1892, Roland again moved on, back to his native London town. Sticking with what he knew, Roland become a successful, if low-profile figure in the London underworld. 4 years later, legal pressure again forced Roland to flee arrest, this time to the British colony of Nyasaland, where he lived as an outback hunter from 1896-1902. This was one of the brief periods of peace in Roland’s life, and he resolved to end his wanderings and live out his days in the company of nature.

The company of other humans soon called to Roland. The life of the career criminal having proven too unstable, Roland turned again to his first job, and joined up with the Kings African Rifles, 1st Nyasaland Battalion. From 1902 to 1915, Roland was again a happy killer in HM’s army.

His faith was shattered once more when he was transferred to the European theatre of the Great War.

He spent the next 10 years wandering Europe, falling back into drugs, crime and violence, before finding his way to Africa via the Mid-East, and eventually settling in Ethiopia in 1930, where he enjoyed another brief period of peace living and working in a rural farming village. When Mussolini invaded Ethiopia in 1935, Roland again went to war. For the first time, he was fighting to defend his home. For the first time, his side met with total defeat.

Driven from his homeland, and desperate to strike back against the forces of Fascism, or, as he still saw it, Empires and Kings, Roland fled to Spain, where he fought for the Second Spanish Republic under a CNT/FAI banner. Again, Roland’s side suffered defeat, and he fled once more to the jungles of central Africa in 1939.

When the British East Africa Campaign was launched in 1940, Roland, now Roland Waits, joined up with the Kings African Rifles once more and successfully drove the Italians from Ethiopia. Roland spent the next 4 years fighting Italian guerilla holdouts, and then hunting down escaped Italian officers who had made it back to Italy.

Grateful to the British Empire for liberating his beloved Ethiopia, Roland began to find his earlier aversion to “Empires and Kings” short-sighted, and joined up with British Intelligence in 1945. What he saw and learned over the next 17 years, however, re-asserted his former convictions. In 1962, Roland turned professional mercenary, mostly for underdog or revolutionary forces, though he never got as invested as he had in Ethiopia or Spain. He no longer had the faith in humanity, the genuine purpose he had, briefly, in those days He also took the occasional job form Western, Soviet, or Chinese forces, when the money was good and the job was right, or when he just needed to get back on someone’s good side.

In 1988, Roland, now Roland White, settled in Montgomery County, Maryland, just outside of Washington, DC, USA and set himself up as a private investigator. He finds the work leisurely, more a hobby than a job, and the life more pampered than in times past, at least if you were in the right place and had cash. Which he did, in large amounts, from his mercenary days.

In 2011, Roland joined the American Paranormal Society.

RP Sample: I have never finished an RP, but I have never dropped out of an RP. My PIT case was abandoned and the PIT died shortly after I arrived, and I am in 2 RPs right now (a Fallout: New Vegas RP, and a paranormal RP), which seem to have slowed down quite a bit, and thus I am looking for something new, where I can post more regularly. Below are my 3 Forum RPs, and a link to my region and regional board, for further RPing samples:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78047&hilit=PIT

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=129626

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=112978&p=6117659&hilit=Mahoney#p6117659

http://www.nationstates.net/region=ixnay

http://s15.zetaboards.com/ixnay/index/

Holy shit, that's thorough. Accepted.

Goodbye.

Kazomal
Minister

Postby Kazomal » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:47 am

Yup, started with a concept and a starting point, and went from there. I'll hash out his personality a little more through RP. I'll jump in on the IC thread when I get home from work, so anywhere from like 2-4ish, EST. Thank for having me :)
Last edited by Kazomal on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Agenda

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:11 am

1.) Oliver and Nicholas have a discussion.

2.) Onwards to Japan, land of the really fucking weird game shows.

3.) Shit happens.

4.) More shit happens.

Goodbye.

Knoxcrest
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:23 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:1.) Oliver and Nicholas have a discussion.

3.) Shit happens.

4.) More shit happens.

1 is accomplishable.
PROCLAIMED THE FARM GOD OF NS
Ende, in a TG: "Your NSG voice is the Medic from TF2? You are an awesome person, Farm God."
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Didn't play Knox yet, but I know he will beat me.

He is inside the game. He is the game.
-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Condunum wrote:it's you Knox. No one knows what the hell is going on in that head of yours.
Farm God of NS
The Most Reliable and by far the Most Insane lifeguard on Carthage Beach!

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:23 am

Knoxcrest wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:1.) Oliver and Nicholas have a discussion.

3.) Shit happens.

4.) More shit happens.

1 is accomplishable.

Indeed. But the question is, where do we get enough shit for steps 3 and 4. Well, time to study Asian lore, I guess.

Goodbye.

New East Ireland
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2010
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby New East Ireland » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:52 am

I've got it...

Indian tribal monarchists from Bombay attack Tokyo so their masters, the Seven Serpent Samurais of South Sudan (S.S.S.S.S.), can return from the Seventh Dimension and take over the Earth.
"A joke is a very serious thing."

- Winston Churchill

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:54 am

New East Ireland wrote:I've got it...

Indian tribal monarchists from Bombay attack Tokyo so their masters, the Seven Serpent Samurais of South Sudan (S.S.S.S.S.), can return from the Seventh Dimension and take over the Earth.

Yes, that's exactly what the plot is. Except that, you know, India doesn't appear until Chapter Five. And even then for a brief moment. Oh, and the villain is European. And he isn't a samurai. Or from another dimension.

Goodbye.

New East Ireland
Negotiator

Postby New East Ireland » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:57 am

New East Ireland wrote:I've got it...

Yes, that's exactly what the plot is. Except that, you know, India doesn't appear until Chapter Five. And even then for a brief moment. Oh, and the villain is European. And he isn't a samurai. Or from another dimension.

Then how about the villain is revealed to be working for the United Nations Inter-Galactic Government, and he is the private assassin of the United Nations High Minister of Inter-Galactic Ministries of United Nations Inter-Galactic Governance and Administration of Governors of Colonies of the United Nations Inter-Galactic Government.

And then a black dragon appears...

- Winston Churchill

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:15 am

New East Ireland wrote:

Then how about the villain is revealed to be working for the United Nations Inter-Galactic Government, and he is the private assassin of the United Nations High Minister of Inter-Galactic Ministries of United Nations Inter-Galactic Governance and Administration of Governors of Colonies of the United Nations Inter-Galactic Government.

Except there are no dragons or aliens.

Goodbye.

New East Ireland
Negotiator

Postby New East Ireland » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:19 am

New East Ireland wrote:Then how about the villain is revealed to be working for the United Nations Inter-Galactic Government, and he is the private assassin of the United Nations High Minister of Inter-Galactic Ministries of United Nations Inter-Galactic Governance and Administration of Governors of Colonies of the United Nations Inter-Galactic Government.

Yet.

- Winston Churchill

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:20 am

New East Ireland wrote:

Yet.

Yet. Or ever.

Goodbye.

New East Ireland
Negotiator

Postby New East Ireland » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:24 am

New East Ireland wrote:Yet.

Yet. Or ever.

Fine. But dragons are Paranormal. And parts of most folklore.

- Winston Churchill

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 am

New East Ireland wrote:
Yet. Or ever.

Fine. But dragons are Paranormal. And parts of most folklore.

Yes, but they are so mindfuckingly awesome, they'd win automatically. Thus, I exclude dragons. Wyverns on the other hand.

Goodbye.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Bump

Goodbye.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Anybody have any ideas for monsters? Knoxcrest?

Goodbye.

Knoxcrest
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Anybody have any ideas for monsters? Knoxcrest?

I'm not in the best state for brainstorming, so no.
PROCLAIMED THE FARM GOD OF NS
Ende, in a TG: "Your NSG voice is the Medic from TF2? You are an awesome person, Farm God."
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Didn't play Knox yet, but I know he will beat me.

He is inside the game. He is the game.
-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Condunum wrote:it's you Knox. No one knows what the hell is going on in that head of yours.
Farm God of NS
The Most Reliable and by far the Most Insane lifeguard on Carthage Beach!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse