NATION

PASSWORD

[P2TM Chat] The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse III

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Why are all the open and active sci-fi RPs with good settings faction or nation based instead of character?

Right? I can't stand finding an interesting RP, only for it to be a faction thing.

Like, to be fair, its usually certain people (you know who you are, and if you decide to do a good sci-fi character RP, I would sign up in an instant), but still. I don't look at OPs when scrolling through the forum, I look at titles and descriptions. And all too often, they don't specify they're not character RPs.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:07 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Been thinking about trying one of them freeform type RP's. I'm a terrible plot writer/planner, so maybe I'd have better luck without one.

Freeform is risky, but lucky for you I've got a bunch of plot ideas to throw at your participants in this folder I've got somewhere on my hard drive.

Somewhere.`

Grenartia wrote:Why are all the open and active sci-fi RPs with good settings faction or nation based instead of character?

Aye I know how you feel.

The Subnautica "crashed on a foreign planet" theme is the only one I've noticed recently.

I'd make an RP but I doubt I could OP it - barely got an hour a day to really concentrate on writing anything. There's a reason why I allocate so much time to NSG - don't have to use my brain that much.

But we can always brainstorm a bit, maybe get something going.
Last edited by Esternial on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:10 am

I have an idea for a sci-fi character RP. When I'm less busy with RPs, I may start it. (I'm kind of at my max right now).

Basically, it's a murder mystery on a spaceship. And yeah, no aliens, sorry, but one or two people could have a mild form of psionic ability.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:34 am

Esternial wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Been thinking about trying one of them freeform type RP's. I'm a terrible plot writer/planner, so maybe I'd have better luck without one.

Freeform is risky, but lucky for you I've got a bunch of plot ideas to throw at your participants in this folder I've got somewhere on my hard drive.

Somewhere.`

Aye I know how you feel.

The Subnautica "crashed on a foreign planet" theme is the only one I've noticed recently.

I'd make an RP but I doubt I could OP it - barely got an hour a day to really concentrate on writing anything. There's a reason why I allocate so much time to NSG - don't have to use my brain that much.

My schedule is open enough for the next few months that I could OP it, but I'm still uncomfortable enough with my creative abilities to actually craft an RP.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:37 am

Talchyon wrote:I have an idea for a sci-fi character RP. When I'm less busy with RPs, I may start it. (I'm kind of at my max right now).

Basically, it's a murder mystery on a spaceship. And yeah, no aliens, sorry, but one or two people could have a mild form of psionic ability.

That'd be interesting. I'd probably join.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:21 am

I've had a slight thing for Sci-Fi lately.

What's it called, having a more primitive, almost fantasy setting, on a single planet, but you still acknowledge it's in a far future setting, and/or the setting still has advanced technology?

Something like Horizon: Zero Dawn, or The Elder Scrolls, but where advanced technology isn't some irreplaceable leftover from a former civilization, and where people would know what space travel is, but sleek and shiny tech and modern infrastructure just isn't commonplace?

I know there has to be a name for that somewhere, but I can't think of any.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Rostavykhan wrote:I've had a slight thing for Sci-Fi lately.

What's it called, having a more primitive, almost fantasy setting, on a single planet, but you still acknowledge it's in a far future setting, and/or the setting still has advanced technology?

Something like Horizon: Zero Dawn, or The Elder Scrolls, but where advanced technology isn't some irreplaceable leftover from a former civilization, and where people would know what space travel is, but sleek and shiny tech and modern infrastructure just isn't commonplace?

I know there has to be a name for that somewhere, but I can't think of any.

Lost Technology
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:47 am

Grenartia wrote:
Esternial wrote:Freeform is risky, but lucky for you I've got a bunch of plot ideas to throw at your participants in this folder I've got somewhere on my hard drive.

Somewhere.`

Aye I know how you feel.

My schedule is open enough for the next few months that I could OP it, but I'm still uncomfortable enough with my creative abilities to actually craft an RP.

I know the feeling. I tend to just hoard ideas and never do much with them.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:52 am

Esternial wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I know the feeling. I tend to just hoard ideas and never do much with them.

I tend to say "I'm going to create an RP" and then not working on it.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Random thought of the day: why do a lot of zombie/post-apocalypse survival RPs try to limit players in terms of guns and ammunition while setting them in the United States where you could realistically have a semi-automatic rifle in some pretty serious caliber and multiple 30 round magazines for the rifle? Why not set these RPs in Canada, the UK, Australia, almost anywhere in the EU, or a state that has restrictive gun laws like California or New York if you want player characters to be limited in access to guns and ammunition but not have it feel like an artificial limit for balance purposes?
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:46 pm

Dayganistan wrote:Random thought of the day: why do a lot of zombie/post-apocalypse survival RPs try to limit players in terms of guns and ammunition while setting them in the United States where you could realistically have a semi-automatic rifle in some pretty serious caliber and multiple 30 round magazines for the rifle? Why not set these RPs in Canada, the UK, Australia, almost anywhere in the EU, or a state that has restrictive gun laws like California or New York if you want player characters to be limited in access to guns and ammunition but not have it feel like an artificial limit for balance purposes?

1. To make situations more interesting and for the players to use logical/rational thinking. Too many guns and ammunition would result in a series of excessive killing actions by the players.
2. USA makes up the majority of P2TMers, which makes setting the RP in USA easier because they know their locations.
3. Most of the time, zombie/post-apoc RP centers around a group of survivors. Not everyone are military/law enforcement.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Mister Thirteen
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mister Thirteen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:46 am

So, as you can see I have created a custom map for an RP. This RP is of course going to be a pseudo-historical RP, however I’m torn between three themes and cannot decide which would be the most popular. I come here now asking for input, adivice, constructive criticism, etcetera, the whole lot. Firstly, which theme should I choose?;

A. Late Victorian Era with touches of Steampunk.
B. Late 19th century, untouched and totally historic based.
C. WW1 themed with heavy Steampunk elements.

To note, the black faction is the United Empire of (TBA), it is NPC controlled by me. It is your typical power-hungry authoritarian dictatorship, loosely based off of the Empire from Valkyria Chronicles and RL Austria-Hungary.

Mister Thirteen
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mister Thirteen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:46 am

Werg.

This place is dead.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:43 am

Mister Thirteen wrote:Werg.

This place is dead.

Nah. We just usually kick brainstorming over to the Cafe.

Also, author inserts as big powerful Empire No. 1 probably put off some folks.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:53 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Mister Thirteen wrote:Werg.

This place is dead.

Nah. We just usually kick brainstorming over to the Cafe.

Also, author inserts as big powerful Empire No. 1 probably put off some folks.

> Not taking it as a challenge to play the tiny-yet-industrious military powerhouse and underdog nation, that doesn't need shit from any of the big powers.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 am

Saw an RP titled Anno 2050, thought it was based on Anno 2070.

It wasn't ;_;

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:31 am

Esternial wrote:Saw an RP titled Anno 2050, thought it was based on Anno 2070.

It wasn't ;_;

Thought the same upon seeing the title.

Also ;_;
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:09 am

Decided to give this a kick. Never have. So.

*kick*
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Skaldia wrote:Decided to give this a kick. Never have. So.

*kick*

We don't really need to give a kick, though. This thread's pinned.

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:49 am

Skaldia wrote:Decided to give this a kick. Never have. So.

*kick*

We don't really need to give a kick, though. This thread's pinned.

*Shrug*

And yet somehow I am satisfied.
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Yukikuni
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yukikuni » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:42 am

Tempted, but can't decide on whether to make a RP set in the Roman Senate or Heian Japan. I can't help but worry, based on the presence of both countries in popular culture, that there would be players wanting to have samurai take over everything, or legionnaires shouting “Ave Caesar!” dressed in lorica segmentata in 2nd BC Rome.
もとおりのりなが wrote:To esteem and consider it good not to rejoice at anything joyful, not to grieve over anything sorrowful, to be unmoved by anything surprising: these are all foreign fallacies. They are superfluous; they do not exist in the true nature of the people.

Mister Thirteen
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mister Thirteen » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 am

That moment when you have pushed and pushed and pushed an idea but cannot FOR THE LOVE OF GOD find anyone truly committed to it. Just a few “yeah might be cool’s” and “I’ll watch this”’s. But your too stubborn and bull-headed that your not going to let it die, even though your honestly probably just wasting your time.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:07 am

Mister Thirteen wrote:That moment when you have pushed and pushed and pushed an idea but cannot FOR THE LOVE OF GOD find anyone truly committed to it. Just a few “yeah might be cool’s” and “I’ll watch this”’s. But your too stubborn and bull-headed that your not going to let it die, even though your honestly probably just wasting your time.

Oh I hear that.

Tbf forums are a bit slow atm. Give it twenty days though and I'm sure we'll be full to the brim with activity.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:09 am

Mister Thirteen wrote:

So, as you can see I have created a custom map for an RP. This RP is of course going to be a pseudo-historical RP, however I’m torn between three themes and cannot decide which would be the most popular. I come here now asking for input, adivice, constructive criticism, etcetera, the whole lot. Firstly, which theme should I choose?;

To note, the black faction is the United Empire of (TBA), it is NPC controlled by me. It is your typical power-hungry authoritarian dictatorship, loosely based off of the Empire from Valkyria Chronicles and RL Austria-Hungary.

Thirteen I'd just like to say, for the love of God:
1) Save maps as PNG and always as PNG
2) Vary your brush size more than that. A lot more than that. The smallest details on the map should always be one pixel across, two at most.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Mister Thirteen wrote:

Thirteen I'd just like to say, for the love of God:
1) Save maps as PNG and always as PNG
2) Vary your brush size more than that. A lot more than that. The smallest details on the map should always be one pixel across, two at most.

People still use JPG?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse