NATION

PASSWORD

Antihero Force (OOC/RP is finished)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:16 am

Christian Confederation wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:we both posted accidentally in the IC thread. Let's delete the posts ok?

Also, change Steve's last name to whatever you want. I don't think we've ever established it yet. You can choose.

Don't use Johnson, Johnson is the last name of the Nightfall Soldier.

May I recommend Steve Elliot, Steve Michaels, or Steve Jackson? You can use anything you want. But if you use Johnson or O'Brian, its going to confuse readers.

let's both get rid of the extra posts at page end, you first

K

Good job!

Please come up with a last name for Steve and put it into the previous post.

I'm typing out the ending to the warehouse sequence. It took forever but I think this will do for setting up the finale.

I like the idea of Nightfall Soldier going to Europe to try and assassinate Dixie and prevent him from recruiting more allies. It makes "in plot sense" since Dixie is supposedly known for his ability to inspire and recruit people for his cause.

I might go with that.

As for Hendriks, you should consider returning to the south. I have a new plot line for you that involves Styx and what's left of Charles' army.

But if you decide that you want to follow DIxie around in Europe that's fine too. Up to you.

The end is coming people.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:K

Good job!

Please come up with a last name for Steve and put it into the previous post.

I'm typing out the ending to the warehouse sequence. It took forever but I think this will do for setting up the finale.

I like the idea of Nightfall Soldier going to Europe to try and assassinate Dixie and prevent him from recruiting more allies. It makes "in plot sense" since Dixie is supposedly known for his ability to inspire and recruit people for his cause.

I might go with that.

As for Hendriks, you should consider returning to the south. I have a new plot line for you that involves Styx and what's left of Charles' army.

But if you decide that you want to follow DIxie around in Europe that's fine too. Up to you.

The end is coming people.

Sounds good to me
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Quebec and France
Envoy

Founded: Nov 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 am

Hendriks will stay and fight with Dixie against nightfall, if that's what we settled. Then he'll return to north america.
Federation of the French - Fédération de la Francophonie - Foederatio Gallica
——— Quebec —————— and ———]——— France ———
The Federation of the French is a french and latin-speaking dual-monarchy located in North America and Europe. We are well known for our technology, armed forces, culinary culture and international involvement. NS Stats not used.
Association de Presse Nationale- Terror attack in Vancouver, War on Terror Begins.
Factbooks, Storefronts | Alternate reality | Our region

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 am

Quebec and France wrote:Hendriks will stay and fight with Dixie against nightfall, if that's what we settled. Then he'll return to north america.

Alright

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:55 pm

I’ll move the plot forward in 6-8 hours.

Another day of touring in Okinawa. The internet will be trash.

Hendriks, please resolve the Vicky scenario within PG 13 thanks!

;)

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:I’ll move the plot forward in 6-8 hours.

;)

Crapp I missed something badazz didn't i?

Quebec and France
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:I’ll move the plot forward in 6-8 hours.

;)

Crapp I missed something badazz didn't i?

Not the word I'd use
The Federation of the French is a french and latin-speaking dual-monarchy located in North America and Europe. We are well known for our technology, armed forces, culinary culture and international involvement. NS Stats not used.
Association de Presse Nationale- Terror attack in Vancouver, War on Terror Begins.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:27 am

Quebec and France wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Crapp I missed something badazz didn't i?

Not the word I'd use

Ah something smexy

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 am

So is Cumberbatch becoming a dictator or something?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:21 am

Christian Confederation wrote:So is Cumberbatch becoming a dictator or something?

He's just running things while you're gone. But it's total war right now so he's acting a bit like an FDR.

By the way, pro tip with diplomacy, don't act like you're always in a hurry to move to the next country and also... please expect to give at least a bit of tit for tat.

Remember the China-US Trade Talks or the North Korean nuke summits IRL?... those take days man. Days.

There is NO HURRY dude. Diplomacy is a slow slow slow patient game and there's a lot of smoke blowing sometimes. People don't always reveal their bottom cards until later and after some back and forth. It's a game of patience lol

I mean, we'e obviously going to speed it up a bit in game time but don't always be in such a hurry lol

I'm going to have the German guy cooperate a little because I think the RP is about to get real dull if we keep doing this talks in each country but for future... please slow it down a bit.

In real life man, I'm pretty sure the Soviets did a LOT of talking to secure any kind of Allied aid (and no doubt both sides discussed a lot of things that are forever going to remain classified).
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:55 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:So is Cumberbatch becoming a dictator or something?

He's just running things while you're gone. But it's total war right now so he's acting a bit like an FDR.

By the way, pro tip with diplomacy, don't act like you're always in a hurry to move to the next country and also... please expect to give at least a bit of tit for tat.

Remember the China-US Trade Talks or the North Korean nuke summits IRL?... those take days man. Days.

There is NO HURRY dude. Diplomacy is a slow slow slow patient game and there's a lot of smoke blowing sometimes. People don't always reveal their bottom cards until later and after some back and forth. It's a game of patience lol

I mean, we'e obviously going to speed it up a bit in game time but don't always be in such a hurry lol

I'm going to have the German guy cooperate a little because I think the RP is about to get real dull if we keep doing this talks in each country but for future... please slow it down a bit.

In real life man, I'm pretty sure the Soviets did a LOT of talking to secure any kind of Allied aid (and no doubt both sides discussed a lot of things that are forever going to remain classified).

Alright

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:30 pm

we can just assume that off-screen, Hendriks and Vicky travelled to Berlin as well

since this is a bit fast

but right now Dixie doesn't know yet

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:we can just assume that off-screen, Hendriks and Vicky travelled to Berlin as well

since this is a bit fast

but right now Dixie doesn't know yet

Alright

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Aren't you going to warn the Germans about the magic jammers and the super soldier's capabilities?

if Magnus uses his magic, he could die if they brought jammers and they are in range (like Corvus)

Quebec and France
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:49 pm

Alright, so, I just want for a special request.

At first, when Nightfall and Hendriks eventually face off, the mafia guy's gonna believe he'll make quick work of him. And I just genuinely want to see the reaction when his head-ripping punchs get blocked and Adillian fires back with blows that are actually to be considered. Like, he'd be like a modern tank expecting to be fired at with a BB-gun, only to get hit with a ww2-era anti-tank rifle. It's not overpowered, it's reasonable considering Hendriks is only human, but he'd still be punishing to fight against.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:00 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Aren't you going to warn the Germans about the magic jammers and the super soldier's capabilities?

if Magnus uses his magic, he could die if they brought jammers and they are in range (like Corvus)

Just did

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:20 am

Let's give it a few hours.

I have a general idea for how the fight will go down. But let's see if Hendriks or anyone else wants to make a play first.

We are now down to the final two main battles

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:26 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Let's give it a few hours.

I have a general idea for how the fight will go down. But let's see if Hendriks or anyone else wants to make a play first.

Rad LA and New York 2?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Let's give it a few hours.

Rad LA and New York 2?

Hmmmm not planning for there to be New York 2. It would get too repetitive.

However, when the USA invaded the south by land again, there will be some ra2 references...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Quebec and France wrote:Alright, so, I just want for a special request.

At first, when Nightfall and Hendriks eventually face off, the mafia guy's gonna believe he'll make quick work of him. And I just genuinely want to see the reaction when his head-ripping punchs get blocked and Adillian fires back with blows that are actually to be considered. Like, he'd be like a modern tank expecting to be fired at with a BB-gun, only to get hit with a ww2-era anti-tank rifle. It's not overpowered, it's reasonable considering Hendriks is only human, but he'd still be punishing to fight against.

hmmmm....

Nightfall Soldier is intended to be a near "final boss" type of character who is a bit on the OP side to build up the narrative stakes.

The plot established that Nightfall has "superspeed" above the level of characters like Tom Gabriels and Styx. And while Hendriks is extremely good in hand to hand combat as established, I'm not sure it would be realistic for him to be able to fight him 1 vs 1 without first some modifications. In so far as the plot has been established, I'd say Hendriks is about on the same level (though likely quite a bit better) than Tom and Styx in fighting but not overwhelmingly so.

However... I have an idea for incorporating your idea into the mix.

What if this happened?

Dixie and his company fight/hold off the mob commandos.

Young Magnus discovers that his magic isn't working due to the magic jammers and he's nearly useless.

Hendriks and Vicky show up and create a second front against the mob commandos.

Nightfall Soldier comes up and beats Dixie, Susan, and Jed around... forcing them to take evasive manoeuvres.

Hendriks manages to slaughter most of the mob commandos and get to and destroy the magic jammers, allowing the weakened Magnus to use a bit of magic to interfere with Nightfall Soldier's stats.

Nightfall Soldier then attacks Hendriks, expecting to crush him but finds that because of the magical interference from Magnus, Hendriks and Nightfall are able to fight and trade blows. Hendriks may even come close to winning but Nightfall will have a SLIGHT edge.

Until Dixie (recovering from blows) shows up and working with Hendriks, the two of them finally manage to defeat and kill Nightfall, maybe with a bit more help from Magnus.

How's this sound as a general draft?

(and yes, when Nightfall shows up to fight Hendriks, he'll expect a very easy win but will be surprised)

I just think that it would be bad writing if without any magical interference, Hendriks and Dixie easily defeat Nightfall (given how Nightfall very easily defeated Tom and has shown some degree of "OP" powers).

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:39 pm

I'm open to suggestions, we can deviate from the above if someone has a better set up

the actual fighting itself, I expect may take several pages to RP out

However, in my head cannon, the Nightfall Soldier is too strong/OP in physical stats unless he gets weakened by magic first.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:55 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Quebec and France wrote:Alright, so, I just want for a special request.

hmmmm....

Nightfall Soldier is intended to be a near "final boss" type of character who is a bit on the OP side to build up the narrative stakes.

The plot established that Nightfall has "superspeed" above the level of characters like Tom Gabriels and Styx. And while Hendriks is extremely good in hand to hand combat as established, I'm not sure it would be realistic for him to be able to fight him 1 vs 1 without first some modifications. In so far as the plot has been established, I'd say Hendriks is about on the same level (though likely quite a bit better) than Tom and Styx in fighting but not overwhelmingly so.

However... I have an idea for incorporating your idea into the mix.

What if this happened?

Dixie and his company fight/hold off the mob commandos.

Young Magnus discovers that his magic isn't working due to the magic jammers and he's nearly useless.

Hendriks and Vicky show up and create a second front against the mob commandos.

Nightfall Soldier comes up and beats Dixie, Susan, and Jed around... forcing them to take evasive manoeuvres.

Hendriks manages to slaughter most of the mob commandos and get to and destroy the magic jammers, allowing the weakened Magnus to use a bit of magic to interfere with Nightfall Soldier's stats.

Nightfall Soldier then attacks Hendriks, expecting to crush him but finds that because of the magical interference from Magnus, Hendriks and Nightfall are able to fight and trade blows. Hendriks may even come close to winning but Nightfall will have a SLIGHT edge.

Until Dixie (recovering from blows) shows up and working with Hendriks, the two of them finally manage to defeat and kill Nightfall, maybe with a bit more help from Magnus.

How's this sound as a general draft?

(and yes, when Nightfall shows up to fight Hendriks, he'll expect a very easy win but will be surprised)

I just think that it would be bad writing if without any magical interference, Hendriks and Dixie easily defeat Nightfall (given how Nightfall very easily defeated Tom and has shown some degree of "OP" powers).

Sounds good

Quebec and France
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:50 am

I like the idea, but I think that, before magnus even interferes, Hendriks would already prove to be at the very least an immediate threat. Like maybe landing from behind and breaking his nose with a punch before being yeeted off.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:48 pm

Quebec and France wrote:I like the idea, but I think that, before magnus even interferes, Hendriks would already prove to be at the very least an immediate threat. Like maybe landing from behind and breaking his nose with a punch before being yeeted off.

I like the idea but let me TG you something more...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:54 pm

Alright... whole team is here. This is the first of two major final battle pieces (the RP might not necessarily end after since there's an interest in a reconstruction and election arc).

Let's do it this way.

We can use the "DC" rules... which means that Hendriks and Dixie's players can control MINOR mob NPCs for this entire battle sequence. You can post about fighting and killing minor NPCs to make this more smooth.

Three qualifications.

1. Do NOT control the Nightfall Soldier. If you interact with the Nightfall Soldier, please stop posts at ATTEMPTS to do harm... I will post and Resolve.

2. I (the OP) will decide WHEN the Hendrik's group runs into Dixie's group (it won't be for a while). For most of the battle, the two groups will not meet and will fight on two separate parts of the Reichstag.

3. I will decide WHEN either Hendrik's group or Dixie's group meets the Nightfall Soldier. So do not "run" into the Nightfall Soldier until I say so.

Alright everyone... HAVE FUN!

It's time for the Reichstag battle to begin for real!

Questions?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse