NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Vancon wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:
As long as you do state it so that we as readers are clear he's going loopy. Characters in IC can react, we as players/readers would only be confused - which will inevitably bring the "who what when where why HUH???" into the OOC, which dominoes to pausing the game. Communication & community go hand in hand here, keep that in mind as your RP with us; we are here to help and have fun, not introduce random things that grind us to a halt.

Also, your insanity thing wasn't in the app, was it? Is it a new story you want players involved in? Clear it with Cer. We have several storylines going on right now, and a main event (Oktoberfest) that's happening currently.

I will, don't you worry. At least his mental case.

Cerillium wrote:

Really though? He walks, talks, acts, thinks and sees everything else normally. He's every bit as normal as everyone else, minus the environmental problems.

Had you suggested insanity on the app, I would have advised not to go that route.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Vancon wrote:I will, don't you worry. At least his mental case.

Really though? He walks, talks, acts, thinks and sees everything else normally. He's every bit as normal as everyone else, minus the environmental problems.

Had you suggested insanity on the app, I would have advised not to go that route.

The insanity is totally not an excuse for not knowing what's going on nature-wise in the story.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Vancon wrote:The insanity is totally not an excuse for not knowing what's going on nature-wise in the story.

It's not that. It's that we have way too many mentally ill characters already. There has to be some balance. Hallucinations such as "he doesn't know the sun is shining because he thinks it's at night and raining" are pretty major and bring in a complexity that can go south quickly if not done right (tastefully). He was a good character without that.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Vancon wrote:The insanity is totally not an excuse for not knowing what's going on nature-wise in the story.

It's not that. It's that we have way too many mentally ill characters already. There has to be some balance. Hallucinations such as "he doesn't know the sun is shining because he thinks it's at night and raining" are pretty major and bring in a complexity that can go south quickly if not done right (tastefully). He was a good character without that.

I could re-write my post. Regardless of what happens, I'm gonna need someone to respond.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Vancon wrote:
Cerillium wrote:It's not that. It's that we have way too many mentally ill characters already. There has to be some balance. Hallucinations such as "he doesn't know the sun is shining because he thinks it's at night and raining" are pretty major and bring in a complexity that can go south quickly if not done right (tastefully). He was a good character without that.

I could re-write my post. Regardless of what happens, I'm gonna need someone to respond.

I believe the others are waiting for a fix before responding. Courtesy thing. It allows you to make changes without everyone else also making changes. Otherwise they're probably waiting for me to declare it nightfall so they can respond to you IC. :p

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Vancon wrote:I could re-write my post. Regardless of what happens, I'm gonna need someone to respond.

I believe the others are waiting for a fix before responding. Courtesy thing. It allows you to make changes without everyone else also making changes. Otherwise they're probably waiting for me to declare it nightfall so they can respond to you IC. :p

Vancon, Tilt already responded to your intro post: viewtopic.php?p=22085706#p22085706

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:20 pm

I'm still waiting for a reply to the Birthday Scene....

Unless there's been one since I last posted, which was I think a day or two ago...

But I can keep waiting.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:21 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Cerillium wrote:I believe the others are waiting for a fix before responding. Courtesy thing. It allows you to make changes without everyone else also making changes. Otherwise they're probably waiting for me to declare it nightfall so they can respond to you IC. :p

Vancon, Tilt already responded to your intro post: viewtopic.php?p=22085706#p22085706

I didn't see that. :unsure:

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Oh shit, nevermind, there's one reply. Alright, lemme post..
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 pm

I'm not certain I owe any replies. Nearly everything of mine is parked and the cake was just an NPC intro. Invent plates and forks and icing fights and whatever else pleases you all.
Last edited by Cerillium on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Oh holy mother of pork fat and hamsters - I just had a wicked idea for Creepfest. It would take something of brutal proportions to make me scrap a solid two month's of planning but oh lord, oh lord, this might be too good to pass up.
Last edited by Cerillium on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Cerillium wrote:Oh holy mother of pork fat and hamsters - I just have a wicked idea for Creepfest. It would take something of brutal proportions to make me scrap a solid two month's of planning but oh lord, oh lord, this might be too good to pass up.

Solid two months of planning for next Creepfest?

*offers scarepenguin*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Cerillium wrote:Oh holy mother of pork fat and hamsters - I just have a wicked idea for Creepfest. It would take something of brutal proportions to make me scrap a solid two month's of planning but oh lord, oh lord, this might be too good to pass up.

Welp, I'll need some brown pants.
*puts on pants*

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:41 am

I'll post today. Not now, but today.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:55 am

Apparently somebody threatened to shoot up my school, so the school told all parents to keep their children home while they investigate.

Jeeze, what little shits.
Last edited by Giovenith on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:52 am

Giovenith wrote:Apparently somebody threatened to shoot up my school, so the school told all parents to keep their children home while they investigate.

On the bright side, 3-day weekend for you!

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 am

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Apparently somebody threatened to shoot up my school, so the school told all parents to keep their children home while they investigate.

On the bright side, 3-day weekend for you!

Down side is time they are out of school is time wasted on not learning valuable knowledge.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:41 am

Germanic Templars wrote:
The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:On the bright side, 3-day weekend for you!

Down side is time they are out of school is time wasted on not learning valuable knowledge.

Because advanced Polynomial solutions will help when you want to buy a loaf of bread. Yep.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 am

Vancon wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

Because advanced Polynomial solutions will help when you want to buy a loaf of bread. Yep.

How smart do you think I am? Because when it comes to math, it's not very.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:02 am

Vancon wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

When you get to my position you will learn how important knowledge is ( no matter how irrelevant it seems). Heck I am relearning trig, geometry, and algebra just so calculus seems easier. Also I just love solving math problems, it is almost like cracking a code or something. Besides reading a TM over Incendiary can be quite a refresher course over applied chemistry.

That is my opinion though.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:41 am

I do right believe I'll be posting today. :P

Sorry, business hoo-ha stuffs and what not
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:04 pm

Vancon wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

Because having the only options either of taking remedial courses in college for things you learnt in high school or trying to get a job without a degree are so much better.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Vancon wrote:Because advanced Polynomial solutions will help when you want to buy a loaf of bread. Yep.

Because having the only options either of taking remedial courses in college for things you learnt in high school or trying to get a job without a degree are so much better.

There are some classes I think are super important, like if you're gonna be a doc you gotta take the sciences and whatnot, but if you want to be a writer, I doubt you need advanced maths.

One class that everyone should take though is a Finance class so you'll be ready for life when you're done your schooling.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:03 pm

That happened to my school on Wednesday, although it wasn't shut down.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Hey, do I owe any posts? I know I do for Yuna, but my other characters I have out?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse