NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:13 am

Dentali wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Well," Hypolite replied as he scratched his head, "I wanted to personally, extend an apology to you. Now, I know you probably don't want to accept that, and I can understand it now. I can understand why you may hate my bones, hate the land I stand on, and the air I breathe. You've got to understand, I," Hypolite sighed, a once strong-willed, hard-headed old man, turning into a broken and shallow being,

"I didn't mean no harm. You've got to believe that. Bernie... Bernard had his issues, but you've got to believe that they weren't as visible then as they were now. Sure, I may be gullible, I may have made a deal with the devil, but you've got to believe I didn't have any ill intentions. I was confused, I was scared, and I was damned sorry when that maniac pulled that shit in Georgia. I was in Georgia for my niece's wedding, and I was even thinking about posting bail for Cassius. I had been wanting to see him again, but I didn't want to step on toes. I'm not going to end my campaign, even though you just about vowed to hang me by my toes," Hypolite chuckled,

"My numbers are going down, temporarily, I've been assured that it's likely just temporary, and I could possibly be back on top. I just wanted to see if there was any way, whatsoever, that you could possibly hop on my train. I'll be back on top, and I just want the people of Louisiana to know that we're on the same side, fighting for them. Plus, I think it'd be good for your campaign as well if you made a stop down here. Don't want folks to think they're being neglected you know?" Hypolite sighed, hopefully.

"Do you still believe i'm pro pedophile?"

"No sir, no sir, I don't. I don't believe half of the information that was fed to me. I don't know what to believe, or who to trust, but I can say that those allegations are one thing that I regret making, and are absolute and total untruths." Hypolite replied, "I ain't trying to kiss ass here, I'm just telling you about my truth, and what I know in my heart."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:48 am

Dentali wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.

Friday 7th August, 2020

As the week slowly moved towards its conclusion, it was once again time for another of the House Minority Leader’s press conferences. With no particular statement to make on the week’s events, the press was soon able to begin asking their questions.

“Do you believe the Democratic Party cares about police reform?”

“Thank you for your question. Judging by its lack of action in recent months, it’s clear that the Democratic Party absolutely does not care about police reform. Whilst the Republican Party has put forward its own bill providing measured police reform that both enables our law enforcement officers to continue to make our communities safe whilst improving race relations in the United States, the Democratic Party has instead been forced to pander to the demands of radical BLM activists intent on dividing the American people. If anything, what we have seen from this Do-Nothing House is simply another broken promise from a broken party.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:52 am

Louisianan wrote:
Dentali wrote:
"Do you still believe i'm pro pedophile?"

"No sir, no sir, I don't. I don't believe half of the information that was fed to me. I don't know what to believe, or who to trust, but I can say that those allegations are one thing that I regret making, and are absolute and total untruths." Hypolite replied, "I ain't trying to kiss ass here, I'm just telling you about my truth, and what I know in my heart."

"Look i don't blame anyone for following Porter... What he did was unthinkable... unpredictable... and I don't blame anyone for not being in lock step behind me.... I do not demand personal loyalty or obedience and I never will... what I will insist on is your respect."

"As for getting behind you my worry is that you are unpredictable... Should I win in 2020 we will likely have a thin majority in the Senate and if we are lucky the house. The party doesn't need a bunch of Mavericks throwing a wrench in things every time we try to negotiate... or going solo and undermining the parties agenda."

"So my question is are you going to be a team player?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:11 am

Dentali wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"No sir, no sir, I don't. I don't believe half of the information that was fed to me. I don't know what to believe, or who to trust, but I can say that those allegations are one thing that I regret making, and are absolute and total untruths." Hypolite replied, "I ain't trying to kiss ass here, I'm just telling you about my truth, and what I know in my heart."

"Look i don't blame anyone for following Porter... What he did was unthinkable... unpredictable... and I don't blame anyone for not being in lock step behind me.... I do not demand personal loyalty or obedience and I never will... what I will insist on is your respect."

"As for getting behind you my worry is that you are unpredictable... Should I win in 2020 we will likely have a thin majority in the Senate and if we are lucky the house. The party doesn't need a bunch of Mavericks throwing a wrench in things every time we try to negotiate... or going solo and undermining the parties agenda."

"Now..." Hypolite said with a sigh, "I ain't working for myself, I am working for the people of Louisiana. Before every big vote, I'm going to speak with people down-home. I'll do what they tell me, they pay me big bucks, and I want them to get their money's worth. I'll be a team player when being a team player will help my state. I sold my soul to the devil once, and I sure ain't going to sell my state to the devil over partisan politics. That's my whole campaign message, and I don't think doing a side-step on it will help anybody."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:35 pm

The Office of House Minority Leader Thomas Volker, Cannon House Office Building, Washington, D.C.

Monday 10th August, 2020

With the new week beginning, the Minority Leader had another weekly Twitter town hall to hold on the long march to the Speaker’s chair. Still, with no statement to make, Volker opened the livestream to viewer questions after his usual introduction.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:09 am

Louisianan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Now..." Hypolite said with a sigh, "I ain't working for myself, I am working for the people of Louisiana. Before every big vote, I'm going to speak with people down-home. I'll do what they tell me, they pay me big bucks, and I want them to get their money's worth. I'll be a team player when being a team player will help my state. I sold my soul to the devil once, and I sure ain't going to sell my state to the devil over partisan politics. That's my whole campaign message, and I don't think doing a side-step on it will help anybody."

"Hypolite... Look you turned your back on me before, and now your asking for a second chance and being up front saying you won't be a GOP team player. And while I appreciate you being up front about that it doesn't really give me any reason to stick my neck out for you. I guess i'm saying what do you offer the party that the other candidates in the race don't?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:53 am

Nate Richardson Campaign Stops Month Day - Month Day

*Richardson speaking Spanglish when applicable

Date: Tuesday, August 11th 2020
Time Spent: 12 Hours Retail, 2 Hours Meetings, 0 Hours Rally, 2 Hours Town Hall
Guest: Local Congressional Candidate, Dawson Abernathy
Area of Focus: WWC, Hispanics
Topics: Economic Recovery, Culture War, Policing

Date: Wednesday, August 12th 2020

Date: Thursday, August 13th 2020

Date: Friday, August 14th 2020
Time Spent: 10 Hours Retail, 2 Hours Meetings, 2 Hours Rally, 2 Hours Town Hall

Date: Saturday, August 15th 2020

Date: Sunday, August 16th 2020

Date: Monday, August 17th 2020

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:07 am

Dentali wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Now..." Hypolite said with a sigh, "I ain't working for myself, I am working for the people of Louisiana. Before every big vote, I'm going to speak with people down-home. I'll do what they tell me, they pay me big bucks, and I want them to get their money's worth. I'll be a team player when being a team player will help my state. I sold my soul to the devil once, and I sure ain't going to sell my state to the devil over partisan politics. That's my whole campaign message, and I don't think doing a side-step on it will help anybody."

"Hypolite... Look you turned your back on me before, and now your asking for a second chance and being up front saying you won't be a GOP team player. And while I appreciate you being up front about that it doesn't really give me any reason to stick my neck out for you. I guess i'm saying what do you offer the party that the other candidates in the race don't?"

"When we first met, and you gave me your endorsement you knew what I had to offer. I bring common-sense solutions to issues. I have experience, I am open to bipartisanship, and plus," Hypolite said with a sigh, "I'll probably owe you some favors."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"When we first met, and you gave me your endorsement you knew what I had to offer. I bring common-sense solutions to issues. I have experience, I am open to bipartisanship, and plus," Hypolite said with a sigh, "I'll probably owe you some favors."

"Yea but i don't trust you to fulfill those favors... and I frankly don't know what makes you tick... I don't know how to incentivize you if i need to."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Dentali wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"When we first met, and you gave me your endorsement you knew what I had to offer. I bring common-sense solutions to issues. I have experience, I am open to bipartisanship, and plus," Hypolite said with a sigh, "I'll probably owe you some favors."

"Yea but i don't trust you to fulfill those favors... and I frankly don't know what makes you tick... I don't know how to incentivize you if i need to."

"Well, as you probably know from my time on the porter plane, when I make good, strong allies, I am very reliable. I don't know how I can prove anything to ya, if you don't let me show you. You'll have to take my word that I'm an honest, trustworthy man. I don't need an incentive to do the right thing. If it's an honest favor, in pursuit of good on behalf of the American people, you can trust that I'll do good on it." Hypolite said earnestly,

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:09 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Well, as you probably know from my time on the porter plane, when I make good, strong allies, I am very reliable. I don't know how I can prove anything to ya, if you don't let me show you. You'll have to take my word that I'm an honest, trustworthy man. I don't need an incentive to do the right thing. If it's an honest favor, in pursuit of good on behalf of the American people, you can trust that I'll do good on it." Hypolite said earnestly,

"You endorsed me and then rescinded the endorsement and called me pro pedophile.... So forgive me if trust isn't something i have much of... I know you'll do what you think is right, the issue is i dont know what you think is right."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Dentali wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Well, as you probably know from my time on the porter plane, when I make good, strong allies, I am very reliable. I don't know how I can prove anything to ya, if you don't let me show you. You'll have to take my word that I'm an honest, trustworthy man. I don't need an incentive to do the right thing. If it's an honest favor, in pursuit of good on behalf of the American people, you can trust that I'll do good on it." Hypolite said earnestly,

"You endorsed me and then rescinded the endorsement and called me pro pedophile.... So forgive me if trust isn't something i have much of... I know you'll do what you think is right, the issue is i dont know what you think is right."

"If we weren't in the middle of Election Season, I'd invite you over and we'd fish, do some gator hunting, and you'd get to know me better." Hypolite said, "I think if you put your trust in me, I won't let you down. I know it. When all this is over and you have free time, I'd love to invite you for a few beers down at my camp in Pecan Island down the canal, and across the highway. All this time, we could've been friends. I was just too dumb to realize my mistakes before they finally bit me in the ass. My fault, and here I am trying to redeem myself to you. I don't know what i could do to make you trust me, I just don't know." The elder Louisianan sighed,

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:37 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"If we weren't in the middle of Election Season, I'd invite you over and we'd fish, do some gator hunting, and you'd get to know me better." Hypolite said, "I think if you put your trust in me, I won't let you down. I know it. When all this is over and you have free time, I'd love to invite you for a few beers down at my camp in Pecan Island down the canal, and across the highway. All this time, we could've been friends. I was just too dumb to realize my mistakes before they finally bit me in the ass. My fault, and here I am trying to redeem myself to you. I don't know what i could do to make you trust me, I just don't know." The elder Louisianan sighed,

"Look... I don't want bad blood... I'm willing to give it all a fresh start. Neutral, start over again... No endorsement or anything but I won't put my finger on the scales."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:52 pm

Dentali wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"If we weren't in the middle of Election Season, I'd invite you over and we'd fish, do some gator hunting, and you'd get to know me better." Hypolite said, "I think if you put your trust in me, I won't let you down. I know it. When all this is over and you have free time, I'd love to invite you for a few beers down at my camp in Pecan Island down the canal, and across the highway. All this time, we could've been friends. I was just too dumb to realize my mistakes before they finally bit me in the ass. My fault, and here I am trying to redeem myself to you. I don't know what i could do to make you trust me, I just don't know." The elder Louisianan sighed,

"Look... I don't want bad blood... I'm willing to give it all a fresh start. Neutral, start over again... No endorsement or anything but I won't put my finger on the scales."

"Thank you," Hypolite said quite relieved, "My team had been growing quite sure that you'd go nuclear on us and call me a racist, fascist loving nazi Hypocrite. I'm glad we've cleared the air, man. Anytime you need anything, you have my number, hell, put me on speed-dial, I'll fix your flat if you ever come down here and hit a nail."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:48 am

Louisianan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Thank you," Hypolite said quite relieved, "My team had been growing quite sure that you'd go nuclear on us and call me a racist, fascist loving nazi Hypocrite. I'm glad we've cleared the air, man. Anytime you need anything, you have my number, hell, put me on speed-dial, I'll fix your flat if you ever come down here and hit a nail."

"That's not my style... When I get mad trust me you will know. Take care of yourself Senator."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:53 am

Dentali wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Thank you," Hypolite said quite relieved, "My team had been growing quite sure that you'd go nuclear on us and call me a racist, fascist loving nazi Hypocrite. I'm glad we've cleared the air, man. Anytime you need anything, you have my number, hell, put me on speed-dial, I'll fix your flat if you ever come down here and hit a nail."

"That's not my style... When I get mad trust me you will know. Take care of yourself Senator."

"You too, and god bless." Hypolite said as his large meaty finger pressed the end call button, "This is great!"

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:01 pm

Chambers Twitter @GovernorChambersNE
"Bernie Porter deserved to die! He was working with a radical militia to try and spread more terror in the heart of Georgia. No one should celebrate him!"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:02 pm

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
Bernie Porter did a very bad thing, but did it require a mini army baring down on him, instead of just using the local police force??? I don't know!

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
Bernie Porter did a very bad thing, but did it require a mini army baring down on him, instead of just using the local police force??? I don't know!

Colbert Twitter @EverittRigbyColbert
“Bernie Porter carried out an ISIS style suicide bombing. He used a violent extremist militia to kill five brave men and women of the ATF. If Bernie Porter had survived, then he would deserve to be hung by the neck until dead.”
“Resign, failed wannabe Nazi. #BurgunResign”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarenium » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:23 pm

Vichter for Senate
July Wrap-Up

July was a key month for the Vichter campaign. The bases were largely solidified, with Akron-Cleveland-Columbus turnout being hyped up by the Ohio DNC and local Congressional/State Legislature candidates, it left Cincinnati which was much more white, and Toledo/the rust belt from east to west in the top, to the Vichter/Dayton machines. Yet the Vichter campaign's goal was not only to win Ohio, but win it so convincingly that the Republicans were shell-shocked entering 2022. Already there was talk of pulling money and preparing it for 2022, Vichter had personally set a different benchmark beyond margin of victory. He wanted breadth in his margin. He wanted the county map so blue that his name became synonymous with Democratic landslide. Accordingly, Jack spent most of July in the South and Southeast of the state. The Ohio Valley, Appalachia, Cincinnati. The three regions where he wanted a strong showing. This area was particularly sentimental for Jack Vichter, it was his homeland, and it was where Republican strength had exploded in the past ten years. Counties that voted for downballot Democrats by double digits now backed Republicans all over by forty or more points. Their internal polls showed Jack within single digits in a number of those counties, particularly the ones closer to Appalachia where word-of-mouth was particularly strong. The campaign had also prioritized local-volunteers over seasoned veterans. Canvassing in, Marietta for example, was led by locals, some of whom knew Jack from his days as U.S. Attorney, or were friends of friends with old school mates etc. His local branding helped too, fliers and campaign mail were branded 'Appalachian Democrat' in towns not too hostile to the party brand yet, and 'Appalachian Local' in towns considered too far gone.

He focused heavily on local issues or the Ohio House Speaker's corruption, all but ignoring Paul Rodman. Most voters were receptive to a conversation, and Jack was tireless. One even said 'you're alright you are, the rest of your lot though,' to which Jack politely smiled and replied, 'well. I can't speak for all of my party, but she,' he'd point to the local Democratic State Legislative candidate, 'deserves your vote too'. The strength of their organization in the south and Appalachia was achieved by converting a great many unionists into weekend campaigners, miners and factory workers would sacrifice a few hours on the weekend to go around dropping letters in letterboxes, or calling locals. In Cincinnati, the easy going laid back Vichter exchanged his jeans and t-shirt for pants and a button-up, and spoke less about his desire to tax the ultra-wealthy to fund roads in small-town Ohio, and more about why protecting the right to choose, and reducing gun violence were among his top issues. He attacked his opponent a little more than in Appalachian Ohio. He still discussed the corruption permeating in the Ohio Republican Party, and had no problems gleefully saying 'they will face justice'.

All in all, July was a good month, with many downballot Democrats joining Jack on the trail and a great many more of them finding their numbers and support improved. Entering August, the campaign split it's time more evenly, focusing on both the northern Rust Belt and the Appalachia/Valley vote.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Hypolite Gaspard
@HGLouisianaFirst

As November comes closer and closer, remember what America needs to move forward. If you believe that riots, streets burning, and wasteful spending is what America's future should hold, then by all means Vote for Jillian Dayton and her various Democratic plants around the country. However, if you believe that order, rule of law, and a growing economy are what America needs, then vote for Nathaniel Richardson, and Republicans across the nation who have our country's best interests in mind!

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:25 pm

The Capitol Building, Washington, D.C.

Friday 14th August, 2020

As the week rolled to its conclusion on the Hill, so too did the date for the Minority Leader’s press conference. With no prior statement for Volker to make, the press was soon able to begin asking questions.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarenium » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:05 pm

The Offer
The Week Prior to the DNC
Norfolk, Virginia

Jillian returned to Norfolk that morning, spending much of the day locked up with the speechwriters and briefers who's duty it was to prepare her for the DNC the following week. The nightly major speech slots were already confirmed with the schedule released. What was undecided was whether Levi Murphy would deliver a speech endorsing Jillian Dayton for the Presidency. It had been communicated at this point that Lawrence Bellman was no longer becoming Vice President, so Jillian's people were to spend the next few days massaging the Murphy camp into accepting with full support her actual Vice Presidential pick. Jack Vichter had also confirmed that he would speak on the first night of the DNC, Rashid Baharia was also slated to speak, as was Vincent Diehl. Naturally, Speaker Simone, Kathleen Nez and Karel Volek would all deliver their own speeches. Jillian had also selected Mississippi Governor Eleanor Brosnan to speak on healthcare, she would be followed by Talitha Washington and Governor Revere, all three of whom would speak about the importance of defending and strengthening the Affordable Care Act, that Republican attacks are far from over.

Philip Crawford however, would find his name thus far listed under Congressional Leadership, that would have to change. Hence, the evening.

The Congressman was unceremoniously and discreetly summoned away from D.C. to meet with Senator Dayton in her Norfolk home. By this point, the Secret Service had blocked both ends of her street, media and press were kept far away and her protection detail spread the net as wide as possible. She was after all, the first female major-party nominee who wasn't also a former Cabinet Secretary or First Lady.

The children were away that evening when Jillian and Liam awaited Philip and his partner.

Phillip and Paula pulled up to the street where the Daytons lived without much fanfare. The Congressman opened his window to confirm his identity with the Secret Service before being allowed passage. The two exited their vehicle, the wife looking a slight bit anxious as she looked around at the many Agents surrounding the area, not quite used to this much security presence. The Crawfords exchanged a few words with one of the Agents before proceeding.

Phillip did the honors of knocking on the nominee's door, patiently but eagerly waiting for a response.

Liam opened the door with a beaming smile, "Congressman!"

"Mrs. Crawford I don't believe we've had the joy of meeting yet, I'm Liam," he extended a hand to each of them.

Crawford smiled backed brightly as he returned the offer to shake hands with Liam, "Good to meet you, Mr. Dayton. I trust the family business has been okay despite your wife's obligations?"

Paula gave a sheepish grin as she shook hands with her counterpart, "Pleasure to meet you, Liam. My name's Paula." The pair made their way into the household, taking in their surroundings.

Liam grinned, "to be the husband of Jillian Dayton is a full-time job alongside being Doctor Stanford," he corrected Philip as subtly as he managed.

They would enter the kitchen to find Jillian washing her hands, "Congressman! Paula," she smiled drying her hands.

The Kentucky Congressman chuckled a little bit, "Apologies, Doc."

The two both smiled warmly upon seeing the Senator in the kitchen. Phillip gave a friendly wave as he approached, "Senator! So nice to see you again. It's been a little while."

"Indeed it has," Jillian placed the towel down, extending her freshly dried hand to both, "wine? Beer?" she smirked, "shots?"

Paula perked up, her mouth contorting into a smirk of her own, "Oh give me all the wine! Believe me, I'd love to go for some right now."

Phillip himself grinned much more mildly, "I guess one or two shots wouldn't hurt."

"We'll have reason to later on," Jillian grinned pouring them all a glass of wine.

"Paula care to help me with the salad?" asked Liam as Jillian gestured to Philip for them to head outside.

"Oh, of course!" Paula nodded enthusiastically. Crawford nodded to Jillian and headed on out with the Senator.

Once outside Jillian pointed to a garden bed, "I planted those two years ago. Back then we all thought that Wolf was here to stay, I didn't and I don't think others did either, imagine that we'd be here now, running to take back the White House."
"I have to pick a copilot to run the ship though," she switched analogies, somewhat distracted, "I hear you've got some opinions on who it should be?"

Phillip took in the garden, smelling the fresh air, "I need to get a garden myself. No one saw everything this past year would bring. God just sometimes throws thing at us for his plan, you know?"

He looked over to Jill, "Oh, yes, that's the most important thing to think about right now. Picking the right person for the job, that's a tough one. There's a lot of talent to pick from. I think we've gotta get the souls to the polls in my community, personally. My brothers and sisters - they're fired up after Ward. We have to show them that we're still on their side. That'll be the key to getting turnout out of places like Philly and Detroit to take back the rust belt states, and perhaps if we're a bit lucky get Georgia competitive. I'm liking what I'm seeing from Talitha Washington there. As for who to pick, I feel like Lawrence Bellman could be a solid representative, although I know he's already running in Louisiana, and his abortion stance could cause issues with some progressive elements. Miguel Velez could help lock down Florida. Callahan could be an option but he has a shot at winning re-election, and his seat could determine the fate of the Senate. There's a lot to think about. It's ultimately up to you and your criteria, though."

"Lawrence Bellman is my number two. I respect him, he'd make an exceptional return as a Cabinet Secretary, if not Vice President, but I get the sense he's put to better use in Louisiana, if I don't get my first choice, I'll go with him," she replied agreeing with his remarks.

He hummed for moment, "Who'd be your first pick, in that case?"

"You," she sipped her drink.

Phillip was immediately taken a back, mouth slightly agape as he took in that single word, "Oh!" He thought for a moment, "Well, I'm honored to hear that, Jillian. I would be more than willing to accept serving on the ticket with you if that's your call. We've made a great team in Congress, and I think we can kick that cardboard box of a Governor's behind in November no problem." He chuckled.

"I am overjoyed to hear it," she beamed, "I want us to be able to work together. Now to win, and in six months, to govern."

She paused, "there is a small list of people who know what you're about to know, feel free to discuss with Paula further if you'd so like, but you would be Vice President to a woman who has been victim of sexual assault," she paused again, "not once, but twice, and therefore in my case, has had two abortions," her voice didn't break per se, but it did quiver slightly, "I don't anticipate it becoming public knowledge, but if it does I don't want my number two caught off guard."

She chugged down the rest of her drink.

"Oh..." Phillip went silent for a few seconds, "I'm really sorry to hear that." He took a sip of his drink.

"Thank you for letting me know, at least. I know that's a hard thing to deal with and have to bring up." He frowned.

"It has certainly made parts of public life harder to engage in," she replied, placing her now empty glass on the table, "I don't know who the perpetrators were in either instance or I'd have done my bit to get justice done, but it's simply, not an option. I hope this doesn't change your willingness to serve as Vice President."

He shook his head as he took another drink, "Not at all. You're exactly the kind of person we need in the Oval Office right now, and I want to do what I can to help make that happen and ensure that we can fix the mess the GOP is leaving behind."

"Then, on January 20 next year, we will inaugurate our first Black Vice President," she poured them another glass, raising it to toast.

"And the first Woman President." He grinned as he cheered with Dayton, taking a swig.

They would rejoin their spouses for the rest of the evening, with Jillian announcing to Paula and Liam that Crawford had accepted the role of Vice President. They spent the rest of the night drinking, laughing and enjoying Jillian and Liam's homecooking. It would enable Jillian and Philip to bond better, with very little shop talk they discussed their families and such.

In farewell, Jillian smiled to Philip, "you have about eighteen hours before we're in front of the cameras in Milwaukee announcing that Philip Crawford will be the next Vice President of these United States, tonight may very well be your last night without," she gestured around them to the security on the street, "this."

Phillip laughed, "Ah, I'll get used to it; It's all for good reason. Let's show them we mean business tomorrow, alright?"

"That we will," she gave them both a hug.

Liam grinned, "congratulations Congressman, and, Paula, I look forward to working with you," he beamed, as they departed.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:14 pm

Nate Richardson Campaign Stops August 18th, 2020 to August 23rd, 2020

*Richardson speaking Spanglish when applicable

Date: Tuesday August 18th, 2020
Guest: Local Congressional Candidate, Laura Dunn
Area of Focus: Suburbs
Topics: Economic Recovery, Policing, Trade

Date: Wednesday August 19th, 2020
Guest: Local Congressional Candidate, Gardner
Topics: Economic Recovery, Policing, National Unity

Date: Thursday August 20th, 2020
Guest: Local Congressional Candidate, Gardner
Topics: Economic Recovery, Policing, National Unity

Date: Friday August 21st, 2020
Guest: Local Congressional Candidate, Paulson, Merriam, Slim
Topics: Economic Recovery, Opioids, National Unity

Date: Saturday August 22nd, 2020
Guest: Local Congressional Candidate, Senate Candidate

Date: Sunday August 23rd, 2020
Guest: Local Congressional Candidate, Senate Candidate

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:30 pm

The Office of House Minority Leader Thomas Volker, Cannon House Office Building, Washington, D.C.

Monday 17th August, 2020

As the new week began the House Minority Leader held its Twitter town hall. With no statement to make, the American people were soon able to begin asking their questions.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse