NATION

PASSWORD

Republics of Dust | Fallout RP | Alt-Timeline | IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:29 am

Ulls wrote:Georgetown

The caravan driver nodded at the question," yep, from beyond the Republic. We're very, very small compared to them, but we like to keep to ourselves. Either way, where can we get this paperwork done?"

The man nodded, taking a large folder out of a satchel he was wearing. He flipped through it, ending up with a crude, printed, map of the boston area.

"We can do it here I suppose. It isn't that busy today. Could you please mark your place of origin and note the goods you are bringing to trade, please be accurate. If any inspection find illegal goods on the caravan, you will be arrested and the full contents of the caravan will be subject to consfiscation."

He looked over the caravan, noting the weapons amongst them. He droned on with his explanation.

"non-citizens are not allowed to carry arms inside the Georgetown walls. The police office across the street can hold them for you untill you chose to leave. Any weapons not claimed after 30 days will be removed."

The officer noted that they had filled in the trade goods declaration and started to review its contents, he then gave them a batch of papers and explained them to be the traders contact, they had to sign it twice, once for the archive in Georgetown and one for them to bring along. It stipulated their rights and the general laws they where subject to. It acted as their temporary passport in Pact territory, but only for a limited amount of time. If they chose to visit again or stay for a longer time, they would have to request a pasport.

As he finalised the papers he did note the following.

"If you wish to communicate terms or open negotations to the Washington Pact council, you could visit the Georgetown University, the council and government has its seat their. The diplomatic office can point you in the right direction I'm sure. Have a pleasant stay in georgetown, but keep to the law. We do not play games with thieves and worse. You can move along now."

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:22 am

Ruins of Oklahoma City

Progress seemed certain for the Concord men in their efforts to rebuild Oklahoma City from dirt. They've managed to erect a settlement in the heart of the ruined city, and had plans to expand it further. Fortifications were already made, and guards stood by the scrap walls, overlooking the vicinity. They've encountered into a few raider gangs already, but made it sure to quickly annihilate the disturbance. Fortunately for them, there haven't been any raider attacks since their last encounter with them, most likely due to their manpower and high grade weaponry. Though the settlement was indeed Concord's, they made sure that none of the men were equipped with any sorts of energy weapons or power armours to avoid attracting unwanted attention.

Fort Sill

General Dixon had been busy lately, trying his best to supply the men in Oklahoma and help them rebuild the city faster. The place was planned to be the first ever real bastion of the Concord in Oklahoma. He was in the process of trying to build a steady communication with the settlement in Oklahoma City, and seemed to be struggling to do so when the Texan ambassador asked for his presence. He was irritated; not the perfect timing to call for a conversation, but he still had to do it. With a stern face, he made his way to the ambassador whom reported him of their current struggles with "mutated spiders" in Alabama. He was confused at first, but her voice seemed convincing enough. He gave her a quick nod before dismissing her. How the hell did a bunch of mutated spiders appeared in Alabama, and not to mention built a nest without the Concord's knowing? Still, the pest had to be dealt with before the infestation spreads wider. He contacted Cannon in Hoover Dam through the radios, informing the President of the spiders, and asked for his help in the matter.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:37 am

Prusslandia wrote:The Pentagon, Washington D.C.

Gannon stood for a moment as he listened to Hamilton communicate with his troops. While he might get Moreno and Kreger, the rest of the squad was deep in the facilities sub-level. They'd survive long enough for their reinforcements to arrive. At least, he hoped. Looking back down at Hamilton, he cracked his neck and thought for a moment.

"Well, there's an office down a bit that should work."

Gannon held his helmet as he turned, knowing Hamilton would be behind him. His men followed suit, though they only went into the shade of the entrance, easily within sight of the Washington troops. After a few minutes, Gannon reached the office he spoke of. He set his helmet on the table, closing his eyes for a split second as his hands manevuered, pressing the right buttons needed to remove the power armour. Some minutes passed, and he slipped out of the armour. Even without the metal suit, Gannonw as still an imposing man. He came in at about 6'5", with pale skin and a cut, atheletic build. He wore the standard fatigues of the US military, matte black with the flag of the nation on his breast. Grabbing his plasma rifle, he stood it against the table and sat. Looking at Hamilton, he spoke.

"So you want to know why we're here? Well, it's not that simple. We killed those men because we thought they were some of the local looters, not members of an organized nation. But I'll state I was wrong. I'm so sorry 'bout your boys, but my sorries can't bring 'em back."

Rubbing his neck, Gannon took a swig from the canteen at his hip, handing it to Hamilton.

"Now, I'll tell you why we're here, but you have to swear that none of what I says leaves this room, unless you'd like a war on your hands. If my superiors clear it, you can tell your bosses everything I've said."

After seeing Hamilton shake his head with what must be some mixture of rage and confusion, he spoke again.

"Me and my men are citizens of the United States of America, or the remnants of it, at the very least. Now, I know you don't believe me, but how else could we have gained access to the building? You saw the main doors, we have the codes needed to gain entry." Taking another swig of the canteen, he continued. "And look at our armour. What wastelanders could craft that? Tell me if any oculd. Or our weaponry." Sighing, he reached under his fatigues and grabbed something metallic. Gesturing, he threw it to Hamilton.

"My tags. Sargent Major Simon Gannon, US Marine Corp, 1st Battlaion, Devil's Brigade. More proof for you. And I know, you still want to know why we were here. It was for information. The brass wanted whatever we could get from the facility, and so Devil's Brigade was sent to retrieve it. We infiltrated the city around O-six hundred hours. We stayed away from any bright lights, and as such we didn't notice the civvies of your nation."

Leaning back, Gannon sighed in frustration and relief. He chugged down the last of the canteen, and looked down at his hands for a moment, his blue eyes inscrutable.

"There you have it, the whole story. No bullshit, nothing. Now, I have to tell you something."

Gannon leaned in close, the smile of a shark coming on his face, his extra-white teeth almost shimmering. Too white for any wastelander.

"I suggest you call your boys off, or at least stop pointing guns at my men. 'Cause during that firefight, we radioed command and informed them of the situation. I've got some friends coming, and they're likely to assume the worst if you've got guns pointed."

Gannon stopped smling as he stood, moving to get back into his power armour. Putting his helmet on, his voice was amplified through his helmets speakers.

"You're a good man corporal. God bless you. Now, let's get going. Don't want my men shot 'cause we're lolly-gaggin." Gannon said, chuckling as he did so.

Hamilton his head was swimming as they walked back topside. He believed him, but it just couldn't be. Everyone believed the vaults that housed the government had failed... It had been centuries... Why now? Why so late... Where were the convoys blazing the american flag, the relief effort. He had so many questions... But if they had reinforcements comming... 20 more of them and he couldn't assure their victory...

"What do you need to ensure our mutual safety...? I can't retreat all my men outside of the pentagon... High command won't accept that without a proper reason. If you are who you say you are, then we have no reason to fight, on the contrary even... But I can't just surrender the pentagon without telling my superiours."

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:35 am

Western expedition
6th Battalion (reinforcements), 2nd Battalion and 4th Ranger platoon
Expedition into West-virginia has turned into a tribal head-hunt.

As the 2nd battalion started encountering issues in their policing of West-virginia as one of the settlements they had posted soldiers into had been suffering from systematic attacks. The second battalion called for reinforcements and high command redeployed the 6th battalion from the Arlington training grounds into West-virginia as its first real mission, believing handling some raiders to be a rather sufficient trail by fire.

By the time the 6th battalion arrived however, the second battalion detachments had all but retreated. They had dozens dead and the town of Ripley had been torched and subject to brutal treatment. After reinforcing Charleston for potential attack, the 6th Battalion Infantry set out in force, reinforced with the bulk of the 2nd Battalion, starting their investigation in the still smoking ruins of Ripley.

Their convoy’s where primarily on foot, only a handful of jeeps present for command and communication purposes.

Southern Expedition
North Carolina
4th and 5th battalion (redeployed), 3rd battalion detachment,forming the 2nd Regiment “Virginia” and WSP delegates
Annexation of Southern Virginia and North-North-Carolina (Operation that takes months-Years)

The expedition in Northern Carolina had encountered sufficient problems after which Norfolk send word to Arlington and Georgetown for reinforcements. Beyond the handful of civilized settlements the rangers had encountered close to virginia, Elizabethsville-Rocky Mount and Raleigh, the bulk of the territory seemed a no-man’s land. Tribes and seemed to take over the majority of North Carolina. Civilisation seemed to stop the further one travelled from Washington... And while tribals where often also assimilated into the pact, they were often violent and aggressive when attempts at assimilation were made.

This meant that tribes where not approached unless a large military formation was present to support the diplomats performing the negotiations.

To eleviate that danger high command deployed the 4th and 5th battalion to reinforce the small 3rd battalion formations that had been sent to the south of Virginia and North Carolinia. The 3rd, 4th and 5th battalion where assembled under the 2nd Regimental command “Virginia” for the purposes of the mission. It was the largest military formation ever assembled in an active combat role in the history of the Washington Pact, the 2nd Regiment “Virginia” being around 1500 infantrymen strong, attached with a few hundred logistical, support and command personel at regimental level. High command had contemplating attaching the 1st WSA artillery battalion to the regiment, but considering the tribal threat, artillery would likely not be of use. With the motorpool of the WSA depleted after being attached to Colonel Waudman’s personal guard and the 6th Battalion’s operation in West-virginia, the regiment was primarily on foot, with a light animal fleet for supply transport. After securing settlements in the south of pre-war Virginia, the troops moved south, with their initial command to pacify the territory of North-carolina, with the initial operational theatre ending in the Greenville-Wilson-Raleigh-Winston-Salem line.

Even with the entire Regiment in deployment, their numbers where painfully low to properly secure the territory in a swift manner. Negotiations where made with tribes and settlements, hostile tribes where pacified, either by destruction or forced relocation. But it was an effort that would take time. Time the Washington Pact was willing to invest. Rocky mount, Raleigh and other towns and pre-war cities in north-carolina had entire weapon factories and companies that would be vital for the Washington pacts strategical goals. The green belt around these cities, slowly recovering from the great-war and its nuclear winter, would ensure food supply for Virginia and DC for years to come. A bulk of other factories and industrial workshops across its territory would ensure that the Pact would have the capacity for vast construction and infrastructure projects.

Alinora
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:44 am

- THE INSTITUTE -

Outside NYC | Republic of New York
T6-77 - "Aaron Black"

The two Coursers had trekked a considerable distance in the 48 hours since they'd left the Institute - now on a major road towards the pre-war city, and beacon of American democracy, New York. It was one of the largest population centers in the Republic of New York, and likely where they'd run into some sort of checkpoint and search. They would be fine, however, under fake names. T6-77 was Aaron Black, a corn farmer from outside of Salem, while X6-88 was a small-time trader from Diamond City - they had all the fake citizenship credentials of the Boston Empire as well, which legitimized their claims. The two Coursers, 3rd Generation Synths, were able to easily pass as regular people. They spoke like normal people, they breathed, they had a heartbeat, they were capable of complex and, in T6-77s case, independent thought. He knew what he was doing, he understood it, and he had a very clear sense of morals that he's convinced he himself adapted, and was not given to him by his creators. Still, he had one purpose: serve the Institute, and he was willing to die to follow through.

As T6-77 and X6-88 proceeded down the road, both dressed in raggedy clothes and with X6-88 guiding their pack Brahmin, they noticed what appeared to be a checkpoint not far away. There were dozens of other people also trekking down the large road, and it became apparent that people were being stopped - likely nothing serious, but for documentation purposes. The line of caravans and simple travelers became congested towards the front, and when the swo Coursers finally reached the checkpoint, they were met by soldiers. T6-77 spoke.

"How ya fellas doin'?" he asked with a smile, waiting for them to do their job - whatever that may be.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:49 am

Tysklandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:
Diplomatic Agent Corde: Along with being the Head of State for the Administrative Branch, and Commander in Chief of the Military, the President is also the Official Representative of The New York People, which means he heads all Diplomatic Discussions.

The party reached the front gate of the building, a solid steel low wall with NYRA Troopers on top and around its perimeter. Corde flashed a badge to the door guard, who quickly saluted and pressed a button of the wall, the steel doors slowly swung open to admit the party. Corde motioned for the Washington Woman and her part to dismount, and they made their way inside.

The first floor of the building was laid with aqua marine tiles, in the center was a sort of crest in the floor.

The Crest was of a woman, clad in white robes, with long flowing red hair. In her left hand, she held a torch. In her Right hand, she held a NY-AR. Around her was a circle of 13 stars, and behind her was a flowing field of green, with a town flying the New York Flag.

Underneath her was a phrase, written in latin.

Et Libertas Orbis

Let Freedom Ring.

Diplomatic Agent Corde: If you'd follow me to the Elevator Ma'm, i'd also ask you deposit any weapons with the security here?

Elisabeth was impressed, the citizens of georgetown had taken more effort in rebuilding the city instead of giving it a personal touch. It was a nice idea, it gave it a true post-war feel instead of simply trying to rebuild what had been lost.

She walked to the security, detaching the pristine 10mm pistol she whore on her hip, detached the clip and removed the bullet in the chamber as she handed the pistol off to the officer.

She returned to Corde his side and nodded, slightly nervous.

"I am as ready as can be agent Corde."

Diplomatic Agent Corde: Then please follow me Miss.

Corde led the way to a small elevator installed into the wall, the doormen opened the doors of the elevator manually, then closed them the same way. Corde and the Washington Delegation now waited as the Doormen pulled a rope, and shortly after the elevator began to make its ascent. The metal cords attached to the top pulling the metal cage upwards.

The elevator eventually came to stop, and two new doormen opened the gates. After the delegation exited, the doormen pulled another rope and the elevator went back down.
The floor was rather spartan, white tiles and beige walls, with a few old couches and some tables that had vases on them. On the walls were portraits with named on little placards under them. Paintings of former Presidents, members of the Advisor Council, Great War Hero's, and Battles.

One such painting was that of the Battle of the Hudson. According to Legend, the small New York Infantry Battalion at Hudson were over run by the New Englanders, but as the New Englanders Advanced, a wall of Angels carrying bows stopped their advance and protected the New Yorkers as they retreated back to Manhattan.

The Delegation moved past the paintings, and entered the meeting room. The room was not different from the rest of the floor, White Tiles and Beige Walls, but here was a large oval table, at the head of which sat the President.

President Kendi stood at the entrance of the Washington Delegation, and moved to go and shake the hand of the lead woman.

President Kendi: Hello Ma'am, welcome to New York.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:54 am

Alinora wrote:
(Image)
- THE INSTITUTE -

Outside NYC | Republic of New York
T6-77 - "Aaron Black"

The two Coursers had trekked a considerable distance in the 48 hours since they'd left the Institute - now on a major road towards the pre-war city, and beacon of American democracy, New York. It was one of the largest population centers in the Republic of New York, and likely where they'd run into some sort of checkpoint and search. They would be fine, however, under fake names. T6-77 was Aaron Black, a corn farmer from outside of Salem, while X6-88 was a small-time trader from Diamond City - they had all the fake citizenship credentials of the Boston Empire as well, which legitimized their claims. The two Coursers, 3rd Generation Synths, were able to easily pass as regular people. They spoke like normal people, they breathed, they had a heartbeat, they were capable of complex and, in T6-77s case, independent thought. He knew what he was doing, he understood it, and he had a very clear sense of morals that he's convinced he himself adapted, and was not given to him by his creators. Still, he had one purpose: serve the Institute, and he was willing to die to follow through.

As T6-77 and X6-88 proceeded down the road, both dressed in raggedy clothes and with X6-88 guiding their pack Brahmin, they noticed what appeared to be a checkpoint not far away. There were dozens of other people also trekking down the large road, and it became apparent that people were being stopped - likely nothing serious, but for documentation purposes. The line of caravans and simple travelers became congested towards the front, and when the swo Coursers finally reached the checkpoint, they were met by soldiers. T6-77 spoke.

"How ya fellas doin'?" he asked with a smile, waiting for them to do their job - whatever that may be.

Stamford Outpost
Checkpoint on the border between New York and the unclaimed wasteland
The Republic of New York

Ranger Addison blew out a stand of hair from her face, she'd been posted to Stamford Outpost for Months now, and the monotony of checking Caravans was driving her mad. It was all the same, just some inbreds from Boston or some other place with a caravan full of junk and shit. Some times a idiot would think he could bring some illegal narcotics past the checkpoint, that was always fun...

Addison checked off on another caravan, and after they passed she called out for the next one.

This one had some strange fellers, they seemed to stare too long at things, she swore she never even saw em blink. Fucking Inbreds....

Ranger Addison: State your Names, Destination, and Purpose for traveling through. I'll also need to see a Manifest and any documentation you have..

Alinora
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:08 am

The Traansval wrote:"State your Names, Destination, and Purpose for traveling through. I'll also need to see a Manifest and any documentation you have.."

T6-77 nodded, opening up a small bag slung around his shoulder and digging out a few crumbled pieces of paper. "Both of our citizenship forms - Boston Empire." He turned to X6-88. "Rod, you got the manifest?"

X6-88 looked confused, but it was just for show. "Uhhh yeah gimme a sec". He began to rummage through a pack on the Brahmin, while T6-77 spoke to the woman while pointing at their citizenship forms. "Well as you see, my name's Aaron Black - run a small farm up outside of Salem." He pointed back to X6-88. "This here is Rodney Hughes - owns a small trading post in Diamond City - old friend of mine."

"Theeerrere she is!" X6-88 said as he pulled out a clipboard and handed it to T6-77, who then handed it to the soldier.

"We're carrying mostly food - corn mainly - with some various other supplies and a few firearms. It's all right there." He paused. "Just headin' down to D.C. to trade with some very particular customers - it's a helluva hike, but there's a shit ton of caps waiting for us."

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:16 am

Alinora wrote:
The Traansval wrote:"State your Names, Destination, and Purpose for traveling through. I'll also need to see a Manifest and any documentation you have.."

T6-77 nodded, opening up a small bag slung around his shoulder and digging out a few crumbled pieces of paper. "Both of our citizenship forms - Boston Empire." He turned to X6-88. "Rod, you got the manifest?"

X6-88 looked confused, but it was just for show. "Uhhh yeah gimme a sec". He began to rummage through a pack on the Brahmin, while T6-77 spoke to the woman while pointing at their citizenship forms. "Well as you see, my name's Aaron Black - run a small farm up outside of Salem." He pointed back to X6-88. "This here is Rodney Hughes - owns a small trading post in Diamond City - old friend of mine."

"Theeerrere she is!" X6-88 said as he pulled out a clipboard and handed it to T6-77, who then handed it to the soldier.

"We're carrying mostly food - corn mainly - with some various other supplies and a few firearms. It's all right there." He paused. "Just headin' down to D.C. to trade with some very particular customers - it's a helluva hike, but there's a shit ton of caps waiting for us."

Ranger Addison: Hmp, right.

Addison read over the Manifest, nothin illegal. She went over to the pack brahmin and searched through its bags, making sure there weren't any hidden pouches full of Chems. She found nothing, so she went back over to the small box she used as a office and brought out a couple of forms. She filled em out, then tore off the bottoms of two of them, handing each of the two a ripped off piece of the form.

Ranger Addison: Here are your passes, they show you've been searched and cleared by a New York Checkpoint. On your way then, NEXT!

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:03 am

The Pentagon, Wahington D.C.

Gannon sighed after Hamilton spoke, looking around roughly. Giving Hamilton a waiting finger, he spoke into his helmets comm, completely inaudible to Hamilton. "Whitman, get the birds we have on the horn and tell them to reroute to Adams AFB. Tell them to hold fire until further instruction. After that, get out here. We're moving."

Looking back down at Hamilton, he lowered his helmets speakers, so that the Washington troops around them wouldn't hear. "Get your command on the line, tell them you have prisoners in custody, and that we want to negotiate at Adams AFB. Do you have a truck, or something like that to put us up in? Cause I know the brass wouldn't be inclined to drop a Verti-Bird infront of all these boys."
Last edited by Prusslandia on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:47 am

Prusslandia wrote:The Pentagon, Wahington D.C.

Gannon sighed after Hamilton spoke, looking around roughly. Giving Hamilton a waiting finger, he spoke into his helmets comm, completely inaudible to Hamilton. "Whitman, get the birds we have on the horn and tell them to reroute to Adams AFB. Tell them to hold fire until further instruction. After that, get out here. We're moving."

Looking back down at Hamilton, he lowered his helmets speakers, so that the Washington troops around them wouldn't hear. "Get your command on the line, tell them you have prisoners in custody, and that we want to negotiate at Adams AFB. Do you have a truck, or something like that to put us up in? Cause I know the brass wouldn't be inclined to drop a Verti-Bird infront of all these boys."

Hamilton nodded, he walked outside, back in sight of the dozens of nervous soldiers who looked relieved to see him return alive. As he walked to the soldiers entrenched behind rubble and makeshift barricades, the WSA Major in command of the reinforcements cussed him out.

"Damnit hamilton, you are lucky I didn't call high command. That was insane, I know you rangers think you are the kings of the world, but you where out of line!"

The red faced man could barely keep in his anger, but managed to keep his voice down as he continued.

"Did you atleast arrange a surrender?"

Hamilton shoke his head, signaling a comm officer to come to him, keeping himself in proper sight of Gannon to avoid suspicion,

"It is a long story Major, I can't say much... Comm-officer. Give me a secure connection to General Smith, NOW!"

<><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

35 minutes later
Washington DC
Road outside of the Pentagon

2 humvees and a canopy covered truck where parked in front of the pentagon with smoking tires. Whatever hamilton had told the general has convinced him to send his personal motorcade. On the hoods of the vehicles, the flag of the pact was spray painted, with the sides of the vehicles still having faded symbols of the old USA.

They where manned by general Smith's personal military detail. Men who where often sent on the most critical missions that general Smith wanted to be completed as to his direct instructions. General James Smith was a bit of a paranoid man and he only trusted these few men with his life. The windows where tinted dark and you could only see the machinegunners manning the guns on top of the humvees. even they had gas masks and hoods covering their faces, keeping their anonimity paramount.

The power armored soldiers where moved into the truck in small groups, under heavy guard. The truck cracked and groaned as its suspension heaved to balance its load, but it managed barely. As soon as the last man boarded the truck, the convoy left swiftly, rushing through the ruins of Washington DC. Passing soldiers and MG checkpoints that the rest of the 1st Battalion had erected swiftly in the past half hour.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

86 Minutes later
Adams Air Force Base

The convoy rushed into the outskirts of Adams Air force base. ramming open a rusted gate that was closed with a thick chain. a relatively new sign with the flag of the washington pact read "WSA TERRITORY, TRESSPASSING IS PARAMOUNT TO TREASON."

The area was not unfamilair, Adams AFB had been cleared years before an american flag and a washington pact was raised over its abandoned radar station. The pact could not spare the men to man the strategically unimportant location.
It's abandoned aircraft and vehicles / gear that could not be towed or repaired by the pact had been moved into the massive hangers of the airport and covered in cloth and the hangers locked. Everything had been inventorised and the site was checked every week orso by a passing patrol to check if anyone had tresspassed the facility.

As the convoy rushed on the landing strip they came upon five advanced twin-rotor vehicles. They had only seen them in ruins and in pre-war vids or propaganda posters. Vertibirds... They had already landed on the strip and the convoy stopped at a decent distance. The truck parked and a pair of soldiers opened the rear-loading doors, allowing the power armored soldiers to dismount, including Hamilton.

The ranger immediatly jogged to one of the two jeeps, opening the door and discussing something with one of the passangers. He nodded, saluted and moved back to Gannon, the group of power armored soldiers standing in between the parked vertibirds and the WSA trucks.

"Alright, let's first diffuse this situation. I have been given permission to ensure that happens..."

Washington DC
Pentagon
Troops of General's smith his personal guard.

After the soldiers had left the pentagon, the rangers where forbidden by high-command to move back into the pentagon basement. A platoon of General Smith his personal guard moved in, followed by military engineers of Georgetown and they moved into the facility, delving into its depths to make an inventory of its contents. They rushed in, working quickly to copy whatever information they could find. The military engineers in question being the best trained and experienced electronic and computer experts in the entire pact.
Last edited by Tysklandia on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:16 pm

The Traansval wrote:Diplomatic Agent Corde: Then please follow me Miss.

Corde led the way to a small elevator installed into the wall, the doormen opened the doors of the elevator manually, then closed them the same way. Corde and the Washington Delegation now waited as the Doormen pulled a rope, and shortly after the elevator began to make its ascent. The metal cords attached to the top pulling the metal cage upwards.

The elevator eventually came to stop, and two new doormen opened the gates. After the delegation exited, the doormen pulled another rope and the elevator went back down.
The floor was rather spartan, white tiles and beige walls, with a few old couches and some tables that had vases on them. On the walls were portraits with named on little placards under them. Paintings of former Presidents, members of the Advisor Council, Great War Hero's, and Battles.

One such painting was that of the Battle of the Hudson. According to Legend, the small New York Infantry Battalion at Hudson were over run by the New Englanders, but as the New Englanders Advanced, a wall of Angels carrying bows stopped their advance and protected the New Yorkers as they retreated back to Manhattan.

(Image)

The Delegation moved past the paintings, and entered the meeting room. The room was not different from the rest of the floor, White Tiles and Beige Walls, but here was a large oval table, at the head of which sat the President.

President Kendi stood at the entrance of the Washington Delegation, and moved to go and shake the hand of the lead woman.

Elisabeth nodded and bowed slightly, her military uniform and that of her counter parts giving of a far more militarised feel of her diplomatic party then he did. The president and his chambers gave an impression of old-world democracy. A very impressive feat. New York and its infrastructure had impressed from the moment she had stepped into its walls.

"Thank you sir, let me begin that the council of the washington Pact is thankful for this opportunity to discuss terms of friendship and trade. This is a dangerous world and efforts like ours have failed in the past, good friendships and trade will ensure we both stand better chances to pass the test of time."

Elisabeth smiled and procured a large flag, one that seemd ancient and had a fair share of cuts and rips, but recognisable none the less.

"As a gift, the washington Pact wishes to give you the american flag, recovered from the ruins of the white house itself. It seems they where trying to move it to the bunkers underneath, but the flag, atleast, didn't make it. We hope this small token of friendship convinces you of our sincerity."

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Tysklandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Diplomatic Agent Corde: Then please follow me Miss.

(Image)

Elisabeth nodded and bowed slightly, her military uniform and that of her counter parts giving of a far more militarised feel of her diplomatic party then he did. The president and his chambers gave an impression of old-world democracy. A very impressive feat. New York and its infrastructure had impressed from the moment she had stepped into its walls.

"Thank you sir, let me begin that the council of the washington Pact is thankful for this opportunity to discuss terms of friendship and trade. This is a dangerous world and efforts like ours have failed in the past, good friendships and trade will ensure we both stand better chances to pass the test of time."

Elisabeth smiled and procured a large flag, one that seemd ancient and had a fair share of cuts and rips, but recognisable none the less.

"As a gift, the washington Pact wishes to give you the american flag, recovered from the ruins of the white house itself. It seems they where trying to move it to the bunkers underneath, but the flag, atleast, didn't make it. We hope this small token of friendship convinces you of our sincerity."

President Kendi took the flag into his hand, and then set it down gently on the table next to him. He looked into the eyes of the woman in front of him.

President Jethro Kendi:Miss Elisabeth, i want to make one point clear and defined. The Washington Pact is a nation run by a Military Dictatorship, New York shall never ally or bend knee to a nation of such Authoritarian, Fascist, and Tyrannical views. The point of this meeting is to ensure that our two nations avoid a future costly and deadly conflict over our shared borders.

Halium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:34 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Halium wrote:
Sirso's face became darkened. He looked back at the two Privates, and nodded at a man on the hill slightly to the South of them, they began walking towards him.

"I don't know if you've heard of the War for the North, and honestly I don't care if you think you do. There was one faction, the Vault-Dwellers, they modeled their government the exact same way as you. With the courts, a president, and a senate, their armed forces reported directly to the president. Do you know what happened to the towns these guys conquered?

"I'll tell you, the town of West Port had been conquered early on by them, and they made laws saying that we were less than people, that anything could happen to us, and there would be no punishment. We had 4,000 in the town when they came in, after a whole year, there were less than 25 that had not been killed, raped, slaughtered, or forced into slavery. That is the reality you now seek to align yourself with in my men's eyes."

Sirso looked to the two privates trying to stop the man on the hill, but he continued to keep writing something down.

Sergeant Denver: A man sees what he wants to see, your men can look at New York and think we're no different than those Vault Folks, or they can see all the work we do. The Constitution of New York states that all men are free to Speak what they wish, Worship what or whoever they wish, Protest whatever they wish, Carry any firearm they wish, and no man is to be put under the control of another man. We have laws that state that Murder, Rape, and the holding or selling of Slaves to be illegal, punishable by Death. We work to protect and help the people of the wastes, but if your men wish to view us as nothing more than another Slaughtering Vault Nation, then so be it, for i can't change their views.

After Denver spotted speaking, a man in a uniform like that of Denver with the Grey Coat being gone, and tan Fatigues instead of Green. The man also wore a Green Beret instead of a M1 Helmet. Denver and his men saluted the man, who wore a silver eagle on his collar.

Ensign Johnson: Well Well. Seems no one decided to notify me of Mountaineers on the border. Hello, i'm Ensign Johnson, Commander of 8th Company, New York Republican Army, pleased to meet you.

Sirso looked at the Ensign, mentally evaluating him.

"Captain Sirso, of the 5th Platoon, Army Group South, Adirondackian Mountaineers, the same to you."
Opinions on politics: In light of the failure of two parties, there either should be none, or multiple major ones

Opinion on Government: Should be run by Mirthocracy (ask me about it sometime)

Why do I always play weak nations? I hate having every advantage, makes it boring to me

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Halium wrote:
The Traansval wrote:
Sergeant Denver: A man sees what he wants to see, your men can look at New York and think we're no different than those Vault Folks, or they can see all the work we do. The Constitution of New York states that all men are free to Speak what they wish, Worship what or whoever they wish, Protest whatever they wish, Carry any firearm they wish, and no man is to be put under the control of another man. We have laws that state that Murder, Rape, and the holding or selling of Slaves to be illegal, punishable by Death. We work to protect and help the people of the wastes, but if your men wish to view us as nothing more than another Slaughtering Vault Nation, then so be it, for i can't change their views.

After Denver spotted speaking, a man in a uniform like that of Denver with the Grey Coat being gone, and tan Fatigues instead of Green. The man also wore a Green Beret instead of a M1 Helmet. Denver and his men saluted the man, who wore a silver eagle on his collar.

Ensign Johnson: Well Well. Seems no one decided to notify me of Mountaineers on the border. Hello, i'm Ensign Johnson, Commander of 8th Company, New York Republican Army, pleased to meet you.

"Captain Sirso, of the 5th Platoon, Army Group South, Adirondackian Mountaineers, the same to you."

Ensign Johnson: Captain huh. Well, i just came to check along the border section protected by 8th Battalion. Hey, Cody, i see you finally got that radio workin...

The radio in question was spewing forth music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUV2GPas4aY

Halium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:47 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Halium wrote:

Ensign Johnson: Captain huh. Well, i just came to check along the border section protected by 8th Battalion. Hey, Cody, i see you finally got that radio workin...

Corporal Dunn looked over at the two privates and the man, then back at the Captain, before he too left and walked towards the man, Sirso evaluated the situation before turning to Johnson.

"Where does the Republic of New York get the caps and infrastructure to build a sandbag wall along its entire border?"

Meanwhile John No-Bull was charting the New Yorkers land, for his own personal map that showed where he'd been and where'd he go. The Mountaineers had contracted him for a huge expedition across the Fractured States of America, and he was bringing along some of the best men he knew of.
Opinions on politics: In light of the failure of two parties, there either should be none, or multiple major ones

Why do I always play weak nations? I hate having every advantage, makes it boring to me

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:10 pm

The Traansval wrote:President Kendi took the flag into his hand, and then set it down gently on the table next to him. He looked into the eyes of the woman in front of him.

President Jethro Kendi:Miss Elisabeth, i want to make one point clear and defined. The Washington Pact is a nation run by a Military Dictatorship, New York shall never ally or bend knee to a nation of such Authoritarian, Fascist, and Tyrannical views. The point of this meeting is to ensure that our two nations avoid a future costly and deadly conflict over our shared borders.

Elisabeth narrowed her eyes, her smile faded and cracks appeared in her happy attitude. She had feared arrogance to be one of the things coupled with their dreany attitude. She raised her left hand in a closed fist, opening it to a flat hand in a swift motion. The rest of her delagation snapped to attention and started to leave the room swiftly.

She changed her poise, shifting her feet and folding her hands behind her back in a military posture.

"Our government is based, in its core, around a representative democracy, where every major settlement votes on its own government and representative, but has freedom to fill in its positions as they so wish. The representatives meet in DC in the council or parlement as you wish to call it so to discuss on matters of state. A head of state was elected in decades passed, to precide the council and to act as figurehead and as leader of military high command. General James smith has held that position for 7 subsequent 2-year terms, totalling on 14 years of service. In its core, it is a democratic process."

Elisabeth warner had a stern voice, the facade was useless, New York had decided on a hostile form of tense negotiation, so playing nice was no longer neccesary. She had served alongside General Smith when he himself led the field operations that ended the scourge of raider and mercenary groups that held a vice grip on washington DC and virginia state a decade ago. Her loyalty to him was without question. To both her and General Smith, the pact was their greatest achievement. Stability in a world that had tried to destroy them time and time again. Famine, mutants, water shortages, raiders, tribes, mercenaries, disease... Together they had led their fledging nation through all of it. A slight on its name, she considered personal.

"General Smith has high esteem and has proven himself to be a concise and capable leader of the pact across years and events that would have crushed and destroyed lesser nations and men. Virginia and Washington DC has never had the gifts you are so proud of. Our great capitol is a ruin, filled with radiation and the corpses of millions of patriots. the bombs dropped on our great city and state destroyed most vaults and shelters, our cities, the very ground that fed us was ruined for centuries.
We suffered far more from the war and its diseases than any other region of the world. It is childish to complain that we have done what is neccesary to lead a broken people to survive its tribulations. Our democracy is present and pure in its core. If a better leader is found, he will be elected. But James R. Smith has been and will remain the best our people have to offer to lead our people."

Her speech sounded sincere. In her time serving under the man as a young woman, orphaned and scared, he had showed her to not be powerless. To stand up for yourself and the world around you. Her loyalty towards James Smith was near fanatacism.

"If this man, democratically elected, is of issue to you to the point that trade and cooperation is deemed beneath you, then so be it. The pact will deem it a sad fact of life and move on. The pact has no need for war without due purpose. Our goal is survival and the reconstruction of our great country, we will do so with or without your friendship."

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Halium wrote:
The Traansval wrote:

Corporal Dunn looked over at the two privates and the man, then back at the Captain, before he too left and walked towards the man, Sirso evaluated the situation before turning to Johnson.

"Where does the Republic of New York get the caps and infrastructure to build a sandbag wall along its entire border?"

Meanwhile John No-Bull was charting the New Yorkers land, for his own personal map that showed where he'd been and where'd he go. The Mountaineers had contracted him for a huge expedition across the Fractured States of America, and he was bringing along some of the best men he knew of.

Ensign Johnson: Well, it isn't a straight line of Sandbags ya know. Right here is the future Interstate 87 Checkpoint for caravans, thats why we got the bags. For the rest of the border is gonna be Barbed Wire, manufactured at the factories at Ester, Delphia, and Buffalo with a small amount also from The New 84, metal provided by the huge scrap yards of Scranton. As for the caps, trade is booming. Caravans from as far as the West come to trade at the lucrative markets of Port Johnson and New York City. New York also has a Merchant Fleet that does sea trade along the East Coast, Hudson River, and Great Lakes. Rebuilt Highways and Railroads help transport Scrap from Scranton to the factories, and the equipment out to our forces. Our supply lines are the real reason we're able to keep up such a powerful force, trains and transport trucks, thats what built New York.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Tysklandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:President Kendi took the flag into his hand, and then set it down gently on the table next to him. He looked into the eyes of the woman in front of him.

Elisabeth narrowed her eyes, her smile faded and cracks appeared in her happy attitude. She had feared arrogance to be one of the things coupled with their dreany attitude. She raised her left hand in a closed fist, opening it to a flat hand in a swift motion. The rest of her delagation snapped to attention and started to leave the room swiftly.

She changed her poise, shifting her feet and folding her hands behind her back in a military posture.

"Our government is based, in its core, around a representative democracy, where every major settlement votes on its own government and representative, but has freedom to fill in its positions as they so wish. The representatives meet in DC in the council or parlement as you wish to call it so to discuss on matters of state. A head of state was elected in decades passed, to precide the council and to act as figurehead and as leader of military high command. General James smith has held that position for 7 subsequent 2-year terms, totalling on 14 years of service. In its core, it is a democratic process."

Elisabeth warner had a stern voice, the facade was useless, New York had decided on a hostile form of tense negotiation, so playing nice was no longer neccesary. She had served alongside General Smith when he himself led the field operations that ended the scourge of raider and mercenary groups that held a vice grip on washington DC and virginia state a decade ago. Her loyalty to him was without question. To both her and General Smith, the pact was their greatest achievement. Stability in a world that had tried to destroy them time and time again. Famine, mutants, water shortages, raiders, tribes, mercenaries, disease... Together they had led their fledging nation through all of it. A slight on its name, she considered personal.

"General Smith has high esteem and has proven himself to be a concise and capable leader of the pact across years and events that would have crushed and destroyed lesser nations and men. Virginia and Washington DC has never had the gifts you are so proud of. Our great capitol is a ruin, filled with radiation and the corpses of millions of patriots. the bombs dropped on our great city and state destroyed most vaults and shelters, our cities, the very ground that fed us was ruined for centuries.
We suffered far more from the war and its diseases than any other region of the world. It is childish to complain that we have done what is neccesary to lead a broken people to survive its tribulations. Our democracy is present and pure in its core. If a better leader is found, he will be elected. But James R. Smith has been and will remain the best our people have to offer to lead our people."

Her speech sounded sincere. In her time serving under the man as a young woman, orphaned and scared, he had showed her to not be powerless. To stand up for yourself and the world around you. Her loyalty towards James Smith was near fanatacism.

"If this man, democratically elected, is of issue to you to the point that trade and cooperation is deemed beneath you, then so be it. The pact will deem it a sad fact of life and move on. The pact has no need for war without due purpose. Our goal is survival and the reconstruction of our great country, we will do so with or without your friendship."

Kendi felt a bolt of anger flash through him, who was this woman to come in here and declare that Fascism and Military Dictatorships were the only way to bring order?

President Jethro Kendi: Don't you think New York suffered the wrath of nuclear warfare? Bombs flattened the city, the city you see before you was rebuilt by the Republic. Staten Island, ground zero, is still irradiated and uninhabitable, hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers who thought they could take shelter in the City Vault there now roam as irradiated ghouls. No leader serves 14 terms because his people love him so, the truth is that your nations military has the government in a death hold, and they exert their Authoritarian Views. Your nation has adopted a cynical attitude, that the people must be controlled to be safe. You say lesser nations would have fallen, but New York suffered the same fate. Albany was flattened, actually flattened, we rebuilt a branch new city through use of new resources. You claim you have done what was "neccesary to lead a broken people to survive its tribulations", but your people weren't broken, your leaders were and are. If you find our stance on Democracy, Freedom, and our opposition to tyrannical dictators too much, then the door is right there MADAM!

Kendi slammed his fist down on the table, pointing to the door of the room.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Tysklandia wrote:
Ulls wrote:Georgetown

The caravan driver nodded at the question," yep, from beyond the Republic. We're very, very small compared to them, but we like to keep to ourselves. Either way, where can we get this paperwork done?"

The man nodded, taking a large folder out of a satchel he was wearing. He flipped through it, ending up with a crude, printed, map of the boston area.

"We can do it here I suppose. It isn't that busy today. Could you please mark your place of origin and note the goods you are bringing to trade, please be accurate. If any inspection find illegal goods on the caravan, you will be arrested and the full contents of the caravan will be subject to consfiscation."

He looked over the caravan, noting the weapons amongst them. He droned on with his explanation.

"non-citizens are not allowed to carry arms inside the Georgetown walls. The police office across the street can hold them for you untill you chose to leave. Any weapons not claimed after 30 days will be removed."

The officer noted that they had filled in the trade goods declaration and started to review its contents, he then gave them a batch of papers and explained them to be the traders contact, they had to sign it twice, once for the archive in Georgetown and one for them to bring along. It stipulated their rights and the general laws they where subject to. It acted as their temporary passport in Pact territory, but only for a limited amount of time. If they chose to visit again or stay for a longer time, they would have to request a pasport.

As he finalised the papers he did note the following.

"If you wish to communicate terms or open negotations to the Washington Pact council, you could visit the Georgetown University, the council and government has its seat their. The diplomatic office can point you in the right direction I'm sure. Have a pleasant stay in georgetown, but keep to the law. We do not play games with thieves and worse. You can move along now."

The caravan driver took the book and a pencil and started to draw the Empire's borders. It was from Worcester to the Peninsula itself. It looked weird compared to the maps of New York but they did their best.

" Here you go. The current borders of the Empire. Stamped with current flag and everything." He said as he gave the map to the diplomat.

" Now about the weapons... Alright." He gave a nod and his guards gave up their energy weapons but put their logos on them in case they had others.

The caravan driver signed all the papers to the diplomat. He then started to make his way to the Washington Pact Council. The city was pristine and reminded the caravan of Boston but they noticed how small their reach on the city was compared to the reach of Boston and how they reclaimed their city. Still, when they made it to the University, they noticed that it was larger than their town hall but no doubt needed because they had increase bureaucracy.

The caravan driver went to a receptionist.
" I'm looking for somebody who I can speak to on behalf of the Boston Empire."

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Vault 14
The Overseers looked to each other as this strange uplander laid out his plans, his many enticing offers, including the annexation of additional Vaults just as the Mojave Annexation Agreement had netted them a trio of new Vaults into their glorious confederacy. All this for... The leader of Vault 36 thumbed her chin, the other Overseers looking to each other for one to speak up, for one of them to put this wastelander in his place. "We demand this tribunal or handing over of Concords Officers before your invasion takes place or else we will maintain our vote to enter the war on the side of the Soviets." the Overseer of Vault 42 eventually said, her voice quiet and distant as it almost always was. The Overseer of Vault 14 agreed "Furthermore we know there are at least three Vaults within current USSS territory, we would like to survey them for spare parts we may need in our Vaults, especially but not limited to refrigeration systems, computing systems, and light bulbs." there was a mutter of agreement from the other Overseers. Not a one of them were prepared to outright turn on the USSS, but none were willing to stand by their side either, each of the Overseers as spineless and indecisive in the world of politics as the last. Even the Overseer of Vault 36, feared warlord whose name struck utter terror into New Columbian and Neutral Zone boarder towns was no more effective in this sterile and safe environment. Likewise the Overseer of Vault 53, while a master of everything electronic, she could not come up with an answer on how to deal with the complex political struggles that faced them. The Overseer of Vault 27 however spoke up, raised in the horrifically overcrowded Vault that cared nothing for human life "I would like to add one more thing Mr. President, you have three occupied Vaults within your territory, Vault 13, Vault 15, and Vault 34. We would like them each placed to a referendum of their people, to join the UPVT, or to remain a member of New Columbia. If nothing comes of it then we will know you respected the wishes of your Vaults, and if something comes from it, we will know that the Vaults under Upland oppression are finally free. You see, we love self determination in the many Vaults of the wasteland, and we wish to see each one join us. Unlike you uplanders, we don't see them as treasure troves of technology, but instead we see each as a unique culture that must be preserved."

Cape Canaveral, Florida
Octavia Eckart bowed deeply to the representative of the United States before her, her Power Armoured bodyguard offering a far smaller bow due to the weight of her homemade set of power armour. After the bow she stepped forward to shake his hand, giving it one firm shake then moving her hands to clasp them behind her back "I am Project Overseer Octavia Eckart from Vault 53, yes. Our supercomputers are crunching the data you provided us as requested, and I saw to it personally that they were given priority processing on 66% of our supercomputers." she indicated her bodyguard "This is Helga, she has been assigned to protect me on this journey. This is our V-73 type armour, built using nothing but materials we could find within our Vault. It is what we first stepped out into the wasteland in," she smiled as she turned back to him "I show you this not to impress you, but as a promise. We from Vault 53 have always made things work, this project is no different. With God as my witness we shall complete this project on time and within budget."
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Halium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:06 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Halium wrote:

Ensign Johnson: Well, it isn't a straight line of Sandbags ya know. Right here is the future Interstate 87 Checkpoint for caravans, thats why we got the bags. For the rest of the border is gonna be Barbed Wire, manufactured at the factories at Ester, Delphia, and Buffalo with a small amount also from The New 84, metal provided by the huge scrap yards of Scranton. As for the caps, trade is booming. Caravans from as far as the West come to trade at the lucrative markets of Port Johnson and New York City. New York also has a Merchant Fleet that does sea trade along the East Coast, Hudson River, and Great Lakes. Rebuilt Highways and Railroads help transport Scrap from Scranton to the factories, and the equipment out to our forces. Our supply lines are the real reason we're able to keep up such a powerful force, trains and transport trucks, thats what built New York.

Sirso raised an eyebrow, apparently a not war torn country had just as good supplies as a war torn one, or at least used the same method of supply.

Sirso looked at John and cursed undress breath, knowing what was coming, he looked to the Ensign "Sorry, but I've gotta go report for a new posting. Going exploring across all of America and all that." And with that he walked towards No-Bull.

John picked him, Sergeant Billow, Corporal Dunn, and Private Daho out of Sirso's platoon.

Five people were preparing to travel across all of the states.

Insanity.

Northern Mountaineer territory

The great Northern Army started moving again, this time its goals were to take Sherbrooke, Victoriaville, and Trois-Rivieres all cities, which while important trade cities, no one had claimed them under a formal country.

The Mountaineers decided to change that.

The moved out at morning moving down the highways, but encountered no resistance.

The people here had heard of the great things the Mountaineers were doing in their other territories and actually wanted to be conquered, Sherbrooke cheated when Mountaineer men moved in.

It all was taken without a single Mountaineer dead.

Western Mountaineer Territory

The newly made West Army Group marched at sunrise, when Army Group North did.

They marched towards Kingston, and they too encountered no resistance.

Except this time, the borders were close enough to New York that anyone willing to fight had already been defeated.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Washington Pact
Operation and strategical update

(if anyone has issue with this, don't hesitate to reply via TL or OOC)

With the deployment of the 2nd Regiment “Virginia” to North Caralonia and the battalions in west-virginia, several settlements entered the Pact, mostly peacefully after promising infrastructural and economical aid.

Tribes and smaller settlements in North Carolina where still being pacified, mostly to convince those tribes to switch from their tribal lifestyle into a more rural lifestyle to increase their crop yields and profits with Pact advisors and investment. It is prospected that immigration from Virginian cities will trickle down to north-carolina to jump start farming on a more industrial and efficient scale.

Several pre-war weapon factories and companies in North-carolina, specifically in Elizabethville, durham and Raleigh where being flooded with engineers and workers from Virginia to see what was necessary to restart those facilities to produce weapons on a more industrial scale. A vast Gun-company complex in Raleigh was turned into the 2nd Regiment’s regional HQ and plans and machinery where recovered. Plans where sent back to DC so High command could make decisions on which weapons to produce and in which quantities.

Several other factories in south-virginia and north-carolina where prospected and deemed functional enough for the production of basic goods, such as concrete, asphalt, electronic goods, steel and other goods. The issue was to transport those goods north, to benefit the whole of the pact’s territory in the future. Plans where put in place to repair the railroad connecting north-carolina to Virginia and beyond, but the issue was finding a proper fleet of functional trains and the knowledge to maintain and operate them. Pre-war maps and books did detail that trains and railroads where primarily produced in pennysylvania. High command was hard pressed to find enough troops and scouts to redeploy to that region with the bulk of the troops busy with the campaigns in west-virginia and policing north-carolina.
They made plans and strategized, preparing scouting operations to secure and identify regions in that state that where critical to control for their plans.

With the prospected influx of food and goods from the North-carolina territory, the council is Washington prepared to reduce the number of farmland in Virginian territory to a minimum. The land is worthless and irradiated, but necessary to produce the necessary foods to support the settlements acros Virginia at this time. If food Imports from Maryland and north Carolina could satisfy the Virginian population, it would allow a surge of workers for the Virginian factories and power plants, increasing the people available to work in the Virginian armories, repairing the Virginian power plants and more importantly, the Washington pact program to repair the fusion core factories at Richmond and its vehicle plants. They didn’t have the knowledge or engineers to start the factory, but the bulk of the current repairs where rather basic. The pact had crews of hundreds working to rebuild those plants and figuring out how to man and run those factories, but progress was rather slow…

The influx of new territory meant an influx of new recruits, the more civilized settlements where filled with youth wanting something else then a life outside of trading, scavenging and farming and the pact military allways offered a safer option then travelling or joining a raider or merc band. The tribals where more of a mixed band, a handful of tribes joined in vast numbers, impressed by the power and capacity of the 2nd Regiment and their forces, others felt it was foreign and strange and rather continued to live on their ancestral lands and farms. The armories of Quantico, Georgetown and Arlington where none the less filled with an influx of new recruits, bolstering the new plans of the Pact and its new regimental formations.
The Washington Pact’s economical bureau had reviewed its Charleston colony and its assets, moreso its liquification plant that was largely untouched by the war. The coal mines after the other facilities to support the process where beyond their influence. The control of those assets where also a prime concern of the pact’s strategical plans.

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelent » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:54 pm

West of Selden, KS on Route 83
The pattern repetitive sound of 70 men marching broke out across the early morning down Route 25. They marched in step along two columns down the road toward Colby, Kansas. At the head of this column was none other then Sylvester II, King of The Nebraskans. Eleven scouts were scattered in the area ahead of the column, surveying for possible threats. Four days ago, this element of the Kings Guard had left Platte City (North Platte) via rail to Trenton , at the very edge of Nebraskaland territory. The day after that, they had begun the march towards Colby, in an effort to capture new territory for the Republic. Colby was seen as a good target for Sylvester II's planned grand expansionism. By taking it, they would have control in one way or another over 2/4 East-West routes on The Jet Road, and provide plenty more capital for other land grabs. They had started with 93 men, but were down to 81 now in the main group. Ten had been left in the tiny farming hamlet of Atwood after "diplomatically" getting the locals to agree to join the republic, with two having been KIA on the road from Trenton to Atwood, from a raider ambush. It wasn't far now. They came to a pre-war motel of some sort, two scouts were paused there at the driveway where it met K-23, with another sitting on top of a 20 foot power line looking through a pair of binoculars.

"Anything to report?" asked Sylvester's chief of staff.
"Yas sir, sure can. Lookin thru these binocs here, pretty certain I can see what looks to be a couple fires."
"Probably cooking breakfast." interjected Sylvester
"Sure, most likely your highness."
"Now git down from there, it don't look too stable." ordered the young king.
"Yaes sir."

The rest of the column continued to crouch down on both sides of the roads.
"Take refuge around these buildings here, recollect the other scouts." ordered the King, before continuing "We'll head into town at noon, as not to come upon them as if we mean harm."

3 hours later
Sylvester met with his COS back on the road along with two of his trusted scouts, preparing for the walk into town. It was decided to approach with a relatively small group, as to not spook the townsfolk or make them feel threatened. The bulk of the column would advance to the town but hold back while Sylvester and his officers would move forward to offer the residents a deal Before they could hold their briefing, a call broke out from a soldier running back from the rear guards camp a league (1.2 kilometers) north of the position of Sylvester and his men.
"Majesty, Majesty. We've stopped a trade caravan from Ogallala, they are heading to Colby. Perhaps we could enlist them in your glorious campaign?"

Around Noon, Sylvester II, his COS and two soldiers move with the caravan consisting of three pack brahmin, a merchant and his guard.
"I apologize again, your majesty, for my ignorance, of not being familiar with who you were." repeated the merchant for the third time today,
"It is irrelevant to me, Mr. Daquer. Your fortunate time of arrival in relation to this conquest means nothing else but my gratitude, and the gratitude of our republic." he paused before changing the subject.
"You say, Mr. Daquer. These people have come to trust you, and your caravan? They expect your arrival today?"
"Yes, your majesty. That is true."
"What struggles are they presently dealing with, if any?"
"One thing comes to mind. They've been facing conflict with raider bands to their south for some time now."
"Very well."

As the collection of men entered into the sphere of the town, beginning to see roving farmers and milita-men in the corn and wheat fields, who gave cautious curiosity as to why Daquers caravan was larger in size then usual, but waved in a friendly sense. As they reacheed the main northern gate at the short wall surrounding the town, a boy no older then 17 waved and started to ring the bell in the pattern that notified the town of an arriving trader and began opening the gate..................................

Just an hour later, the town's mayor spoke to the roughly 200 townspeople who gathered at the little shoddy townhall.
"It's time we embrace the change going on around us. In order for Colby to continue moving forward to a better tomorrow. At the cost of our independence, look at all that we gain. An effective rail link, better irrigation systems, safety from the raiders. What's not to like?"

And with that Sylvester II and his army continued down I-70 eastwards, occupying and annexing, rarely forcefully individual settlements, trading posts and farms. Another 100 men of the Kings Guard were dispatched to meet the King and help consolidate the gained territory.
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Ulls wrote:
The caravan driver took the book and a pencil and started to draw the Empire's borders. It was from Worcester to the Peninsula itself. It looked weird compared to the maps of New York but they did their best.

" Here you go. The current borders of the Empire. Stamped with current flag and everything." He said as he gave the map to the diplomat.

" Now about the weapons... Alright." He gave a nod and his guards gave up their energy weapons but put their logos on them in case they had others.

The caravan driver signed all the papers to the diplomat. He then started to make his way to the Washington Pact Council. The city was pristine and reminded the caravan of Boston but they noticed how small their reach on the city was compared to the reach of Boston and how they reclaimed their city. Still, when they made it to the University, they noticed that it was larger than their town hall but no doubt needed because they had increase bureaucracy.

The caravan driver went to a receptionist.
" I'm looking for somebody who I can speak to on behalf of the Boston Empire."

The vast halls of the Georgetown university where repaired and refurbished to the highest quality the people could assure. Pact banners adorned the walls, as did any rennaisance and greek/roman style paintings and statues the pact had managed to save and gather.

Large portions of the university kept its original goal, teaching knowledge, although it was officially a military school, providing education for officers and engineers that would then be sent out to survey and attempt to repair old sites and factories across virginia and the rest of Washington Pact territory.

Guards where stationed across the campus, ensuring that the entire georgetown university kept a militarised feel to it, even if it was meant to be the center of government of the washington pact territory. Signs and directions lined the wall, pointing towards "ministries" of various functions, ranging from agriculture, industry, transportation and whatever else.

Once the caravaniers would arrive at the receptionist, she would respond suprised, asking if they truly where here in an official capacity.
Once recieving confirmation she would scurry to find papers and send a messenger who rushed down the hall. A few minutes later a man would walk towards them, dressed in a simple, but official looking military uniform.

"Hello, my name is Friedrich Waudman, representative of Arlington. I am sorry for the ill-reception. We didn't expect a suprise visit. The ministry of diplomacy often arranges visits like this in a more official capacity, but i am sure I can assure your stay will be pleasant and productive."

The man looked gruff and seemed to sport a permenant scowl. But his banter seemed nice and unofficial.

"Do you wish to join me in my office? We can discuss whatever you would like to discuss their or I can arrange you a place to stay, a warm bath and some food? The new harvest from Maryland has started to ship in and I must say, the potatoes this year are quite the treat."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse