NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy OOC III (Fantasy, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Luminesa wrote:Iris is pinned down and doesn’t have her glasses, do we want to consider this fight done?

Also, I’ll post a running list of the victors as the fights go forward.

Yes it’s safe to assume she’s pretty much out of the fight at this point. She can kinda see without her glasses, but she has no way to effectively get Oliver off of her using wind magic, as in her current somewhat panicked state she can’t effectively control her magic for offensive purposes. Iris’ ultimate fatal flaw is her emotions and their control over magic.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Iris is pinned down and doesn’t have her glasses, do we want to consider this fight done?

Also, I’ll post a running list of the victors as the fights go forward.

Yes it’s safe to assume she’s pretty much out of the fight at this point. She can kinda see without her glasses, but she has no way to effectively get Oliver off of her using wind magic, as in her current somewhat panicked state she can’t effectively control her magic for offensive purposes. Iris’ ultimate fatal flaw is her emotions and their control over magic.

That’s fine, I figured, I really wouldn’t want to keep her going if she can’t see. And no worries! She’ll have time in the future to develop. :3
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Hey guys, sorry to drop this in so out of the blue, but I’m going to be taking a bit of a leave of absence from this RP for a while. My interest in the RP is dwindling, and I don’t want to be deadweight on the RP., especially after disappearing during an exam. I may decide I’m ready to jump back in eventually, but for now, I’m going to take a break.

Thanks for your understanding.
yea bro idk

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Segral wrote:Hey guys, sorry to drop this in so out of the blue, but I’m going to be taking a bit of a leave of absence from this RP for a while. My interest in the RP is dwindling, and I don’t want to be deadweight on the RP., especially after disappearing during an exam. I may decide I’m ready to jump back in eventually, but for now, I’m going to take a break.

We’ll miss ya, Seg!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Segral wrote:Hey guys, sorry to drop this in so out of the blue, but I’m going to be taking a bit of a leave of absence from this RP for a while. My interest in the RP is dwindling, and I don’t want to be deadweight on the RP., especially after disappearing during an exam. I may decide I’m ready to jump back in eventually, but for now, I’m going to take a break.

I’ll miss you! Come back soon!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:22 pm

I’m still here, just so people know. *huddles in my loneliness corner*
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:21 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:I’m still here, just so people know. *huddles in my loneliness corner*
*hands some lemonade*
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:I’m still here, just so people know. *huddles in my loneliness corner*

Hallo!
-Alan Jackson

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:00 pm

*Peeks out of a shadow in Haedros' loneliness corner*
*Returns to depths of shadow*
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:*Peeks out of a shadow in Haedros' loneliness corner*
*hops on game's lap*

Play with us!
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Ahoy there!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:28 pm

GET BACK HERE! *Chases.*
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:01 am

Just gonna leave this here so that I don't forget later. I should be able to finish it soon.
Teacher Application (Work in Progress)

Name: Mirai 'Shikage' Zanbaru, alternatively Mira van Zeist.
Appearance:
Height: 5 ft. 11 in.| 1.80 m.
Weight: 114 lbs.| 51.71 kg.
Element: Twilight
Position: Professor of Apocryphal Defense
Personality: A quiet scholar and warrior, Mirai's actions almost perfectly befit those of a classic European Nobleblood. Calm, reserved, and always level headed, she approaches situations with a silver tongue and steady hand, favoring diplomacy and wit before aggression when it comes to the problems that face her, be it as a teacher or a huntress. In this regard, Mirai tends to be a remarkably gentle individual, a noticeably dissonant trait in comparison to her many compatriots, yet she often finds life to be more simple the less blood she has to spill.

Owing perhaps to an obsessive compulsive disorder, Mirai is also extremely thorough when it comes to her surroundings, and the people that surround her. She has a tendency to give new acquaintances a long visual examination, taking the time to note a person's face, attire, and subtle mannerisms before making initial judgements, though the gesture is unnerving to some.

However, despite her inherent thoroughness when it comes to knowing and learning about people, Mirai is very solitary, much preferring the silent company of magical (and oddly enough children's) literature to actual human interaction. Partly out of a desire for knowledge (or escape) and partly out of her own terribly negative views of people, the habit of immersing herself in books and abandoning society may reflect more than just isolationist tendencies, but perhaps a more sociopathic nature that lurks just behind her painted smile.
Likes: Jaegars, the outdoors, learning on the job, libraries, classical music, history, swordplay, coffee, sunrises/sunsets, midnight walks, practicing magic, cool temperatures.
Dislikes: Noblebloods, the Accord, ignorance, entitlement, idleness, modern media, and the summer months.
Biography: Mirai's family name is not a terribly familiar one to many Mages in the East, and is all but unknown to those in the West, but it was once among the most feared names in all of feudal Japan, one divided among several different Magical clans, of which today number eight in total, these being the Banshou, Junsui, Honoiro, Musei, Shinryoshi, Kitahana, and the Chiheiya. For Japanese Mages, it has supposedly always been this way, but those that still hold their history to heart tell of a ninth clan, that, according to legend, was born from the blood of a black winged demon. This clan was one of the smallest on the island of Honshu, yet was also one of the most powerful in terms of magical capability. Like gods of death, its offspring wove darkness and destruction across the land, crushing any that were foolish enough to stand in their way, even erasing entire bloodlines in order to ensure their own survival and future expansion in the region. However, this wanton blooshed attracted the attention of the larger clans, who, in recognition of the threat posed by their existence, banded together and forced them from the islands sometime in the 17th century, killing off most of the clan and afterwards exiling them from a homeland they had bathed in blood and twilight. In the years after, their very name was condemned, never to be so much as spoken again in the Home Islands, or in any land in the world. From this point in history onward, these exiles referred to themselves as the 'Zanbaru', a Japanese word which quite roughly translates as 'remnants', or 'those who remain' in Western tongues.

Equally unwelcome in China, Korea, and even the islands to the south, the clan's members abandoned their old names in favor of new ones, and fled to the Netherlands before permanently resettling in Germany. From there, its descendants stayed quietly in the shadows of the Noble Houses, never reassuming their old moniker, and instead adopting a new name appropriated from a then dying Dutch family, itself named after a settlement in central Holland. Soon enough, it began to play the same game that the bigger Houses did to ensure their survival; the marriage game. Though at first considered inferior for possessing Oriental blood, sons and daughters of the newly reformed House van Zeist won over Dark Mage clans with their mastery of Twilight magic, an art that was unknown to Europe at the time. Eager to secure a new, potentially invaluable ally in the years to come, several Dark Mage clans reached out to the fledgling House and offered it protection from the envious rival Houses surrounding it.

After years of peace, the survival of the clan seemed assured. Powerful offspring of the family moved up in the social ladder, some even marrying into the Great Houses of Germany, bringing the Zanbaru back to where they had been centuries earlier. Powerful, and poised to expand even further beyond the boundaries forced upon them. Yet this would not come to pass, as the World Wars, infighting among familial branches, and the purge of Germany by the Inquisition following the death of the Third Reich saw its numbers greatly thinned, with but one branch clinging dearly to life. House van Zeist's former protectors had been left even worse off, with barely any of their members surviving. Those that survived the post war years and remained in the House's seat of power in West Germany were contracted by the House as retainers.

Even with the storm having come to pass, it would prove a long time before the House sired a worthy heir. To their fortune, they would recieve two in the years to come, Anri (Germanized by the family as Heinrich), the elder and favored male heir, and Mirai (likewise rendered as Mira), a younger and much weaker heiress, born frail and sickly to one of the house's weakest members who died in giving birth to her. The patriarchs of the family, concerning themselves solely with the survival of the bloodline, focused their attention on training and grooming Anri to become the next family head, entirely neglecting the weak Mirai in favor of their stronger and more reliable offspring, barely even acknowledging her existence, and with most eventually forgetting her entirely.

This meant that Mirai's upbringing would not be one spent in the spotlights of Nobleblood diplomacy and formal arcane academia, or even training under family members to unravel the secrets of her power, but rather one that would be spent in the shadows of the ages old clan she had been born into, hidden away in one of the Van Zeist estate's abandoned libraries. For her percieved worthlessness, the clan decided that the girl was fit to be raised and trained only by its lowest of servants, a homunculus by the name of Weise, a quiet but wise soul who had been nearly discarded upon creation for his shortcomings in mana control, something his creator was punished severely for as well.

Though she was hidden away by the family to conceal her pitiful physical state and maintain the House's reputation for strong offspring, Mirai proved extremely inquisitive and determined to learn about the world around her. When Weise wasn't nursing her, Mirai pored over any magical or non-magical books that she could get her hands on, even before she had fully learned to read or write, things that the homunculus had taught her in place of parents or even proper schooling during the course of her upbringing. Weise also, to the best of his ability, trained the child in magic, and though he could not provide the best of teaching to her thanks to his deficiencies, Mirai did learn in time the basics of controlling her magic, both through encouragement and experimentation. It wasn't terribly much, but it served well to bond the two and break the monotony of life in a cage.

As the years went by, Mirai became increasingly less content with the tiny world she had come to know. For so many years of her childhood she had read and seen vivid pictures of the world that lay just beyond her reach, a terrible and grand world absolutely filled to the brim with light, magic, and life that promised so much more than the dull, colorless existence she had led for more than a decade, and she always questioned her caretaker what life was like outside the world she was born in. Weise, unfortunately, could not provide her answers, having never seen the outside for himself, but this did not stop him from attempting to mollify her curiosity with fabricated stories of the world that lay outside the one she knew, terrible stories that painted human lives as dull gray blots on a bloody canvas, lives that offered no freedom but to suffer at the hands of one's fellow man. For a brief moment in time, these stories scared and frightened her enough to end her desire to know, and she found herself to be more comfortable living inside a cushioned cage, and in those days, Weise had felt truly blessed, for though his stories of the world above were a lie, his intent to protect the fragile little girl he cared for as a daughter from pain and want were nothing if not genuine.

Always, always, always holding her close, he never wanted to let her go. Always, always, always smiling to her in the night, keeping her safe in the knowledge that she was never alone. Always, always, always, his lonely spirit ached for her to be safe, knowing that he would not be able to stay with her forever. Even still, he wanted to keep his arms around her delicate little body, to break it and free her scared little soul from mortal coil, so that they could truly become a family...

Just like she had always...always...A҉̛̳͚͙̙͔͎̝̫l̵̤͎̼̜͈̪͞ͅw̡̤̠̰̜̻̫̝͟a̮̣̦̘ỳ̥͞ś͎̟̥̠́ ̛̰̠͉̮̠̝̱͔͝w̬̘̗͉͕̹̫a͓̰̥̞̙͘͡ͅǹ̷̮͙͖̞̲̱͇͜t̴͏̟͈̼̪̩́ͅę̳̜̠͠͡ͅd̶͇̱̬͚̳̱̗̙́͢...

Yet alas, as Fate so often teaches us, such times are never meant to last.

While Mirai had experienced her childhood in the dusty, secluded part of the van Zeist estate where she had been all but forgotten, her brother Anri, at this point a mature young man and an accomplished mage, had become widely recognized among the Dark Mage circles and clans of Germany and beyond. Capable, powerful, personable, and with pride that bordered on arrogance, the boy was nigh obsessed with bringing honor to his family name and his own, having been nurtured and groomed by some of the best servants and tutors the Continent could possibly provide, and raised under the vainglorious ways of his distant ancestors. Such pampering, however, had great impacts upon his behavior. Believing himself to be superior to every single one of his peers in the art of Dark Magic, Anri would in time challenge a fellow heir of a rival clan, then known as House Adlerklaue, to a duel to the death.

Despite expectations of a swift and graceful victory on the part of the Zanbaru, there would be no such easy outcome. For though Anri was indeed gifted as he so often claimed, he attempted to play the duel out to be more of a game than anything else, focusing far more on showing off and humiliating his opponent rather than simply going for the kill. This unique kind of arrogance would prove to be utterly worthless in the end, where after letting his guard down after a particularly flashy display of his own power, the battered Adlerklaue heir swept him off his pedestal and slashed him across the stomach, disemboweling the boy for all the bewildered Nobleblood onlookers to see. The entire duel had lasted for little more than fifteen minutes, and in those fifteen minutes the van Zeist clan lost nearly 18 years worth of progress, talent, monetary resources, and what it had seen as its one chance to continue its bloodline. The family, shocked by such an indelible loss, reeled from the tragedy, with the aging elders believing the final death of their name and legacy to be inevitable, having lost their one viable heir.

Unfortunately, they were not without an heir just yet. Genuinely concerned for the well being of the family, and seeking any solution that might put an end to the ordeal, a meek and long serving retainer of the family suggested that the answer may lie in a discarded heiress, one whose name had been left unsaid for 13 years. A select few in the clan found themselves able to recall that tiny, pitiful waste of flesh that had been the unfortunate product of one young kinswoman's love affair, and wondered if such a thing could even have survived up to this point, or if such an heir was even worth considering. Regardless, without an heir to carry the family name for the next generations, these same ponderers knew that, weak or not, accepting the heir would seal the House's fate; survival, or extinction.

Thus the choice was made, and within the week three servants of House van Zeist were sent off to the place where the young heiress had been locked away, the old and obsolete wing of the estate the family had long since given up on renovating, the reasons for which never properly explained, though this did nothing to stop the clan's servants from conjuring up images of demons and curses in their minds. Having only ever contemplated or fantasized about searching such an area for a person they were not even sure existed would naturally inspire fear in their minds, and they proceeded accordingly, searching gingerly and quietly through each and every hall,wary of what they might find. The doors and walls were all so heavily coated in dust that it fell in layers like snow, and many door hinges and handles had long tarnished or rusted beyond restoration, with most rendered unusable by the ravages of time. This much did little to assauge the searchers fears, especially when they ventured into the deepest sanctum of the manor, a single dark wooden door with crimson runes inscribed thereupon, a door having only recently been used. Tentatively, they opened it, and to their surprise, shock, and relief, the servants had found the object of their search standing just inside the doorway. A lonely little girl standing at less than five feet high, bearing ghostly white skin, long ashen hair, bronze eyes, and an undeniable likeness to those of the ruling family. She looked upon them all with a strange, alien kind of curiosity, one that gave these searchers the impression that she had never so much as seen people before. At the same time this intrigued and terrified them, though they had little time for speculation, only enough to ask her name, met with only a tiny whisper that they only vaguely recognized as the name 'Mira'. Satisfied with their results and unwilling to go any further than the door, the three gingerly lead the child to their masters, leaving behind the old library, where there had been a single homunculus laid to rest by a mournful shadow that still stood over a bloodless corpse, a corpse that still held the unnerving smile it always had on it's face, but not the child it wanted to protect in it's arms...

The arrival of the new heiress was met with stunned gazes and quiet gasps from the family heads as she finally stood before them, in the place of the elder brother she would never know and the proud son they would never get back. The scene was silent and somber, yet no tears would be shed, for the family, though shaken still, knew there was little point in looking back now. Recovery from their setback was their one priority, and after the humiliation stemming from Anri's visceral death the family knew that preparing their new heiress to succeed the family, and thereafter revealing her existence was paramount to such a task. And so the family treated Mirai dearly and with kindness when she was finally brought back to them, outwardly welcoming her with open arms and embracing her as one of their own. This much should have been a dream come true for the girl who had spent the greater part of her life in a dark, forgotten labyrinth with a mad, possessive, inhuman creature as her only company, but it was not so.

For all their smiles, warm gestures, and joyful faces, Mirai knew it all to be a simple façade. She could see it in their eyes, in their souls, that none of their kind actions were genuine in the slightest, all a ploy in some sick and twisted game. When the 'reunion' had finally reached it's natural end, and the girl inherited the room where she would live and learn with her blood family in the coming years, she was left only with the artificial splendor and joy of an occasion that seemed far less like a welcome home than it should have.

The first months of her life in the light would consist mainly of the family educating her in courtly behavior and customs, practical disciplines, as well as acquainting her with the clan's members and honing her already impressive skill in magic. In both raw power and ability, Mirai outclassed Anri at his peak, and even put some of the older clan members to shame after openly displaying it to them for the first time, something members, and more importantly several of the family retainers, quickly realized, and monitored further in the times to come.

With diligence and humility, she learned quickly from her teachers and managed to more or less completely adapt herself to the new environment she had been placed in, despite it at first glance being such a terrible shift from her earlier years. While it must have seemed to be so from the outset, from living isolated and practically alone with one monstrous person, to living surrounded by a new family and never being left alone, such was not the case. As in childhood, Mirai's care had been left to servants and tutors, while most of the clan, especially the monstrous ones, carried out all manner of intrigues as it needed to in order to keep it's grasp on power. Be it blackmail, kidnapping, thievery, torture, or even outright murder, neither House van Zeist or it's loyal vassals were above anything that could keep their enemies weak and themselves stable. And so, save for tracking the progress and growth of their heiress' magic, the family's treatment towards her went mostly unchanged.

However, this was not to say that she was merely in confinement again, far from it. For though the fact remained that her family focused precious little on her, Mirai's new environment had come to allow her a respectable agree of autonomy and left her practically free to move within the estate when and where she wanted to outside of lessons, though she was forbidden from leaving the estate itself...

Theme: Battlefront Realism (Passive)
Sword of Pitiless Justice (Battle)

Short RP Sample: Ich glaube nicht.
Last edited by Rhomaia on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:09 pm

I’m gonna place my little note right here real quick: I do hope to rejoin soon, but I’m unsure as to when I’ll be able to make new apps. Just letting everybody know in the OOC.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:I’m gonna place my little note right here real quick: I do hope to rejoin soon, but I’m unsure as to when I’ll be able to make new apps. Just letting everybody know in the OOC.

We’ll be glad to see you back when you’re able to jump in! We miss you! :hug:
-Alan Jackson

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Tag. Now that my computer's fixed and I've got more time on my hands, I'm considering rejoining. Everything's a maybe at the moment, though.
yea bro idk

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Segral wrote:Tag. Now that my computer's fixed and I've got more time on my hands, I'm considering rejoining. Everything's a maybe at the moment, though.

Hello there stranger! We miss you! :hug:
-Alan Jackson

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Student Application

Name: Corentina-Elouana Koaduuiueg
Appearance:

Height: 5’8”|137cm
Weight: 132lbs|60kg
House|Element: Venta|Elouana specialises in Atmokinesis, exclusively atmospheric weather phenomena such as rain and tornados, and Botanokinesis, the control over plants.
Personality: Elouana, much like the Huelgoat forest in which she spent many of her childhood days, can seem almost mystic and fantastical, often seeming to be spiritually off on a jaunt elsewhere. This statement would not be untrue, as her mind is always buzzing in thought, much as nature always buzzes with life. Although on the outside she may seem slow, or simply not paying attention, the latter of which is sometimes the case, Elouana often simply stares off into the distance, rather than looking someone in their eyes when speaking with them. Contrary to her cool exterior, however, inside Elouana, true storms can brew, the only indicator of which is usually a small breeze that picks up around her when her patience is tested. If someone has truly upset her, she goes silent, which, especially outdoors, can be truly terrifying if she’s been upset enough, as wind picks up, and for the duration of her mood, it feels as if a hurricane is approaching, although one almost never will.
Dislikes: Pollution, particularly anything she deems 'noise pollution', 'Indulging people', Excess, and Incense
Animal: N/A
Bio: Corentina-Elouana was born on the outskirts of the town of Huelgoat to a pair of Breton parents proud of their Celtic heritage, every day from a young age encouraging their daughter to learn about the world around her. Attending a bilingual school, Elouana became fluent both in French and Breton, moving on to learn English as she grew older, dabbling a bit in Inuktitut on a vacation to Canada at age 10, as well as falling in love with the Newfoundlandic dialect of English, which she committed to learning for her English. During her visit to Nunavut, she was amazed by the vastness of the Canadian wilderness, and spent plenty of time out in the tundra near the hotel where she stayed. It was here where she first discovered her supernatural affinity for natural, finding herself able to influence the growth of trees, the waving of the tall grass, and, then most impressively so, the atmospheric weather. Amazed by this newfound talent, Elouana would attempt every day from that day forward to spend time with nature.

With each visit to nature, her connection grew more powerful, becoming so great that the summer before entering Seconde, or sophomore year, as it is known in the United States, her appearance itself began to change. Her skin, which had always been relatively pale, became a pristine white enough to make old european royalty weep, and her face developed freckles. Then came the more noticeable changes. Her eyes became a piercing bright green, as if life itself came to inhabit her soul, her hair began to turn blue as the sea, growing to be a sky-blue as it moved further from her scalp, and her body began to take a form which could perhaps be described fitting of an anime goddess, particularly one with domains relating to life.

Of course, she couldn't avoid anyone finding out forever. Actively stifling her abilities took a toll on her patience, of course, although surprisingly enough, the self control required proved beneficial to her studies. No matter the case, however, her patience finally did come to snap in the aftermath of an provocation at the wrong time. On account of a nonfatal incident involved numerous "balls of ice" flying at a group of students in Collège came Elouana's seemingly sudden enrollment at Mana Academy. Naturally, due to the events surrounding her sudden transferral, it has been requested of Mana Academy by the undisclosed facilitator of the transfer that Mana provide appropriate discipline for the "incident".
Theme: Crann Na Beatha

Short RP Sample: I still haunt the discord from the last two rounds I've had at it. Third time's the charm!
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:25 am

Accepted! But could I possibly have an example of some of her weaknesses? Not to take away from the App, just to gauge how tough she is.

Also, I’m getting “Colors of the Wind” vibes from her, that would be a great pick for her theme song.
-Alan Jackson

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 am

Luminesa wrote:Accepted! But could I possibly have an example of some of her weaknesses? Not to take away from the App, just to gauge how tough she is.

Also, I’m getting “Colors of the Wind” vibes from her, that would be a great pick for her theme song.

I wasn’t quite sure how well I phrased it, but what I kinda meant was that she can influence the weather, and plant growth, although as she lacks any proper education in how to use this, properly controlling it usually only happens in moments of strong emotion or impulse, when she doesn’t have control over herself. And then I tried to imply this in the personality section, but, again, I think it may not have been clear. She has a deficient in attention, skills, and then when she’s pushed over the edge of her patience, her restraint is gone full stop. Like she goes from calm to snapping, no externally evident buildup. I think that’s everything cleared up.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Accepted! But could I possibly have an example of some of her weaknesses? Not to take away from the App, just to gauge how tough she is.

I wasn’t quite sure how well I phrased it, but what I kinda meant was that she can influence the weather, and plant growth, although as she lacks any proper education in how to use this, properly controlling it usually only happens in moments of strong emotion or impulse, when she doesn’t have control over herself. And then I tried to imply this in the personality section, but, again, I think it may not have been clear. She has a deficient in attention, skills, and then when she’s pushed over the edge of her patience, her restraint is gone full stop. Like she goes from calm to snapping, no externally evident buildup. I think that’s everything cleared up.

Thank you! Yes this definitely helps.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:20 pm

As a heads-up for anyone browsing PT2M...

YES MANA IS STILL ALIVE!!!!

I just have had trouble making new Arcs.

Feel free to jump-in if you wanna, new people are always welcome!
-Alan Jackson

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Ill get a post up after I get home and write a bio for Sleipnir

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Teacher Application

Name: Sleipnir
Appearance:

Height: (Imperial|Metric) 5'7"
Weight: (Imperial|Metric) 150 lbs
Element: Natural Mana (Cuz Fae)
Subject: Fae Lore (Can't think of a much better name for it.)
Personality: Sleipnir is typically calm and collected, but can have very severe fluctuations in his mood based on the events around him.
Likes: Warm weather, clear skies, and a full stomach are some of Sleipnir's favorite things.
Dislikes: The cold except for when it snows, war mongering, and distasteful people.
Bio: Mana Academy has been a site of mayhem throughout its existence. As such, it is no wonder that all of the fluctuations of mana and atmosphere ended up creating a Fae within its walls. The mana was collected into a singular spot and formed an entirely new entity and, as most Fae are, was born with little to no knowledge of the new world that he had become a part of.

Mana took him in as a rare species at first, but when proven to have considerable power and knowledge of the Fae, the school began to try to understand him and research him in a more civilized manner. He donned the name Sleipnir at this time. He knew not where this name came from, but he felt that it was something that was ingrained within his memory forever. Sleipnir would go through a few years of research at the academy while doing his own forms of observation throughout the rest of the school. He could look through the mana in the air and see what was happening in the immediate area if he so desired. While doing this he began observing how the various professors conducted their lessons, taking small notes in his mind about how they taught and what they were saying. The language was hard to understand at first, but through mana he could more or less understand the meaning of most spoken words. Sleipnir learned modern English this way and committed it to memory as it would serve him well in the immediate future.

Beginning to communicate with the school was Sleipnir's new priority. He began talking to the researchers, to their surprise, in English. He told them how he was formed and some of the things he could do since he saw nothing wrong with letting them know that much. Upon thinking about it further though, he came to the conclusion that he should probably try to alert humanity to the potential dangers that his species could impose upon them. That was the day that he decided that he could at least give a shot at teaching the new generations of Magi.
Theme: Ice Pond by 2nd Moon

Short RP Sample:
Last edited by Frisct the II on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Accepted!
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse