NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
True Refuge
Senator
 
Posts: 4111
Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby True Refuge » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Posted.
Also, since we're debating who would win in a Walking Men vs Sera & Luke fight, remember the WM have flashbangs they got from E & W's five year trip.
COMMUNIST
"If we have food, he will eat. If we have air, he will breathe. If we have fuel, he will fly." - Becky Chambers, Record of a Spaceborn Few
"One does not need to be surprised then, when 26 years later the outrageous slogan is repeated, which we Marxists burned all bridges with: to “pick up” the banner of the bourgeoisie. - International Communist Party, Dialogue with Stalin.

ML, anarchism, co-operativism (known incorrectly as "Market Socialism"), Proudhonism, radical liberalism, utopianism, social democracy, national capitalism, Maoism, etc. are not communist tendencies. Read a book already.

User avatar
Maverica
Minister
 
Posts: 2225
Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:16 pm

Mizrad wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Matt is still at Aspen (I think), but Hugh is crossing through the hills to intercept Sera, who is making for Denver.


Yup, still at Aspen. Working on a post getting ready to ambush the Empire's assault now.

Ok. You mind if I met up with you sooner or later in the rp?
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7917
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Hey, Refuge, Foley is with us.

That makes three.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

User avatar
True Refuge
Senator
 
Posts: 4111
Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby True Refuge » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Tayner wrote:Hey, Refuge, Foley is with us.

That makes three.


Edited.
COMMUNIST
"If we have food, he will eat. If we have air, he will breathe. If we have fuel, he will fly." - Becky Chambers, Record of a Spaceborn Few
"One does not need to be surprised then, when 26 years later the outrageous slogan is repeated, which we Marxists burned all bridges with: to “pick up” the banner of the bourgeoisie. - International Communist Party, Dialogue with Stalin.

ML, anarchism, co-operativism (known incorrectly as "Market Socialism"), Proudhonism, radical liberalism, utopianism, social democracy, national capitalism, Maoism, etc. are not communist tendencies. Read a book already.

User avatar
Edean Liyn
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Jul 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Edean Liyn » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Can someone please check my application? Thanks a lot :)

Name: Matthew Ching
Nation Name: Edean Liyn
Birthplace: Washington DC, America
Ethnicity: American-Asian
Age:36
Pic/Description: Well built, tanned, tattooed, slight black fringe, black eyes, 196 cm tall

Occupation: Thug (taught by gang boss)

Immunity: Gifted (muscle capacity increased by 5%) [is this a bit op or what?]

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Sadistic, uses dirty tactics (such as hostages etc.) to force submission, treacherous, calculating
Skills: Adept with street fighting, uses underhanded tricks to beat others, intimidating, role as runner in gang
Likes: Soda pop
Dislikes: N/A
Fears: Dying

Bio: Was born into a large Washington gang 9 years before the infection, and was raised by the gang boss. When the infection struck, however, many gang members abandoned or died. Despite this, the gang leader still kept raising him, until he died of lung cancer 11 years after the infection. Matthew now wanders around America with dreams of sailing to another continent.

RP Examples: N/A
Last edited by Edean Liyn on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Mizrad
Senator
 
Posts: 3786
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mizrad » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Maverica wrote:
Mizrad wrote:
Yup, still at Aspen. Working on a post getting ready to ambush the Empire's assault now.

Ok. You mind if I met up with you sooner or later in the rp?


Go for it.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!


Nosy little fucker aren't you?

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7917
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Wallenburg wrote:
Tayner wrote:Well, the Vargant may end up with bullet holes caused by multiple 5.56 rounds in him, and the other two will receive holes from a .45 caliber pistol.

Yeah, just saw the IC. At least Luke isn't ignorant. Cool flashback, by the way.

Thanks.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Soo..... Westley isn't morally decent? I thought he was. Just not stupid.
Cheers mates.

User avatar
Maverica
Minister
 
Posts: 2225
Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Well Gared Huntzman offically joined the RP!
Mizrad wrote:
Maverica wrote:Ok. You mind if I met up with you sooner or later in the rp?


Go for it.


Ok then. I may meet up with you after your ambush or maybe during the battle since I am nearby and just shot a wild dog. All I put in my post was some backstory stuff and junk.
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Will get a Sera post later tonight.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
Mizrad
Senator
 
Posts: 3786
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mizrad » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:15 pm

What are the kind of numbers Matt and his little gang of resistance fighters will be facing?

Also Mav feel free to try and make it to Aspen and find it destroyed we can probably have our character meet there.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!


Nosy little fucker aren't you?

User avatar
Kazirstan
Minister
 
Posts: 2713
Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Posted.

I imagine lvana's wounds looking a bit like this, except with four scratches and a bit larger.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23195
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:34 pm

Posted. Hugh has accepted his fate rather quickly, his family is another matter.
GREX LUDENTIUM DELENDUS EST
King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Despotic Hegemon, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:05 pm

Hey, has anyone else realized that Ivana is basically falling for Master Chief?

A man, who wears a mask he never takes off, his past shrouded in mystery, and he's also pretty fucking kickass.
Cheers mates.

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:06 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Posted. Hugh has accepted his fate rather quickly, his family is another matter.

I find Hugh's sudden acceptance of death to be rather funny.

I'm going to try and get a response to Tommy up, as well as a bit more background info on the Emperor's military buildup.

Just to state it ahead of time, we're looking at a force of about, say 200 max. if that's too much, I know. I'm pretty sure people will be getting Louisiana or some other faction involved to counter that.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Posted. Hugh has accepted his fate rather quickly, his family is another matter.

I find Hugh's sudden acceptance of death to be rather funny.

I'm going to try and get a response to Tommy up, as well as a bit more background info on the Emperor's military buildup.

Just to state it ahead of time, we're looking at a force of about, say 200 max. if that's too much, I know. I'm pretty sure people will be getting Louisiana or some other faction involved to counter that.

I feel a march like that would leave Denver relatively easy to infiltrate, what with all the seasoned badasses moving out. Good to know.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
Vacif
Senator
 
Posts: 4845
Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 pm

Sarejo wrote:Hey, has anyone else realized that Ivana is basically falling for Master Chief?

A man, who wears a mask he never takes off, his past shrouded in mystery, and he's also pretty fucking kickass.

...Eh? (I haven't been following up)
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:11 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
New Grestin wrote:I find Hugh's sudden acceptance of death to be rather funny.

I'm going to try and get a response to Tommy up, as well as a bit more background info on the Emperor's military buildup.

Just to state it ahead of time, we're looking at a force of about, say 200 max. if that's too much, I know. I'm pretty sure people will be getting Louisiana or some other faction involved to counter that.

I feel a march like that would leave Denver relatively easy to infiltrate, what with all the seasoned badasses moving out. Good to know.

Well, we've got about five tribes in addition to the standard force. The Bullet Farmers, the Patriots (heh), the Amazons, the Tunnel Rats, and the Khans. Each are going to be under the banner of the Vultures because Bill plans on using them to absolutely obliterate everyone in the area around Aspen and then some.

And I mean, like, "assigning each soldier a number of people they need to kill" kind of obliteration.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23195
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:13 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Posted. Hugh has accepted his fate rather quickly, his family is another matter.

I find Hugh's sudden acceptance of death to be rather funny.

I'm going to try and get a response to Tommy up, as well as a bit more background info on the Emperor's military buildup.

Just to state it ahead of time, we're looking at a force of about, say 200 max. if that's too much, I know. I'm pretty sure people will be getting Louisiana or some other faction involved to counter that.

What's so funny about that?
GREX LUDENTIUM DELENDUS EST
King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Despotic Hegemon, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:15 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I feel a march like that would leave Denver relatively easy to infiltrate, what with all the seasoned badasses moving out. Good to know.

Well, we've got about five tribes in addition to the standard force. The Bullet Farmers, the Patriots (heh), the Amazons, the Tunnel Rats, and the Khans. Each are going to be under the banner of the Vultures because Bill plans on using them to absolutely obliterate everyone in the area around Aspen and then some.

And I mean, like, "assigning each soldier a number of people they need to kill" kind of obliteration.

I can't see that going well throughout. I mean, they may be united under one banner, the Vultures, but I feel that their allegiance is only temporary and likely to fracture as bandits probably aren't known for superb cooperation. It's probably gonna be a powder keg of rapist and cannibals.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:15 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I feel a march like that would leave Denver relatively easy to infiltrate, what with all the seasoned badasses moving out. Good to know.

Well, we've got about five tribes in addition to the standard force. The Bullet Farmers, the Patriots (heh), the Amazons, the Tunnel Rats, and the Khans. Each are going to be under the banner of the Vultures because Bill plans on using them to absolutely obliterate everyone in the area around Aspen and then some.

And I mean, like, "assigning each soldier a number of people they need to kill" kind of obliteration.


So Caesar's Legio-I mean the Vultures are assigning quotas?
Cheers mates.

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:16 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Well, we've got about five tribes in addition to the standard force. The Bullet Farmers, the Patriots (heh), the Amazons, the Tunnel Rats, and the Khans. Each are going to be under the banner of the Vultures because Bill plans on using them to absolutely obliterate everyone in the area around Aspen and then some.

And I mean, like, "assigning each soldier a number of people they need to kill" kind of obliteration.

I can't see that going well throughout. I mean, they may be united under one banner, the Vultures, but I feel that their allegiance is only temporary and likely to fracture as bandits probably aren't known for superb cooperation. It's probably gonna be a powder keg of rapist and cannibals.


*Looks admiringly to Caesar's Legion* They got their shit figured out.
Cheers mates.

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:16 pm

Vacif wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Hey, has anyone else realized that Ivana is basically falling for Master Chief?

A man, who wears a mask he never takes off, his past shrouded in mystery, and he's also pretty fucking kickass.

...Eh? (I haven't been following up)


Ivana has the hots for Wolf. I was drawing similarities between him and Master Chief.
Cheers mates.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:18 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Vacif wrote:...Eh? (I haven't been following up)


Ivana has the hots for Wolf. I was drawing similarities between him and Master Chief.

Let him single-handedly take down the Vultures and then we'll talk.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:18 pm

Wallenburg wrote:
New Grestin wrote:I find Hugh's sudden acceptance of death to be rather funny.

I'm going to try and get a response to Tommy up, as well as a bit more background info on the Emperor's military buildup.

Just to state it ahead of time, we're looking at a force of about, say 200 max. if that's too much, I know. I'm pretty sure people will be getting Louisiana or some other faction involved to counter that.

What's so funny about that?

His resignation to his own demise. You'd think most people would, you know, lose their shit. The fact that he's so alright with it is actually a little refreshing.
Sarejo wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Well, we've got about five tribes in addition to the standard force. The Bullet Farmers, the Patriots (heh), the Amazons, the Tunnel Rats, and the Khans. Each are going to be under the banner of the Vultures because Bill plans on using them to absolutely obliterate everyone in the area around Aspen and then some.

And I mean, like, "assigning each soldier a number of people they need to kill" kind of obliteration.


So Caesar's Legio-I mean the Vultures are assigning quotas?

The idea came more from Genghis Khan, actually.

And it's really only an alliance of convenience, Bei. Most of the other tribes are more concerned with their own issues, but I was going to let Sera and the gang bust into Coors. They escape with Jen, Tommy, and Randy, and then Bill has even more reason to go after them.

Mainly for reasons that I'll detail once shit goes down, but safe to say that jab about not having many nubile young women for breeders wasn't just there for shits and giggles.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anowa

Advertisement

Remove ads