NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect-Factions::Delayed Arrival (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Segmentia wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Also can someone explain to me what a Sapper Detachment is?

More or less combat engineers.

Interesting, are they called that in the game?

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Istanistan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:41 pm

North America Inc wrote:Interesting, are they called that in the game?

Commander Shepard can be an Engineer, actually. Tali is classified as one as well.

North America Inc wrote:
What are your ideas on how to prevent the Turians into falling that trap?

As I suggested earlier:

Each month, I'll calculate the total size of the economy of the Citadel races, not including myself of course. Then I'd gain a percentage of that in credits which can only be spent on the military or military buildings. We'd have to game the math out to see what turns out to be reasonable for this percentage. There would be no deductions for other races, as that would be super cheese on them. It's have to be enough to be worthwhile, but not enough to be completely rinky-dink stupid. Maybe 30-40%%ish, as that's enough to give the Hierarchy a REALLY nice anti-Reaper force reflective IG lore without getting too moronic.

In order to balance this, I'd have to donate 30% of my total fleet to the Citadel at any given time as per lore and would be handicapped in terms of non-military/production spending.

That way, the Hierarchy fits lire, as a power dependent in the prosperity if the Citadel but supremely armed and dangerous.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

DYNASTIES ARE THEFT/IMPEACH REINHARD/YANG WENLI 2020

"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Greater Istanistan wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Interesting, are they called that in the game?

Commander Shepard can be an Engineer, actually. Tali is classified as one as well.

North America Inc wrote:
What are your ideas on how to prevent the Turians into falling that trap?

As I suggested earlier:

Each month, I'll calculate the total size of the economy of the Citadel races, not including myself of course. Then I'd gain a percentage of that in credits which can only be spent on the military or military buildings. We'd have to game the math out to see what turns out to be reasonable for this percentage. There would be no deductions for other races, as that would be super cheese on them. It's have to be enough to be worthwhile, but not enough to be completely rinky-dink stupid. Maybe 30-40%%ish, as that's enough to give the Hierarchy a REALLY nice anti-Reaper force reflective IG lore without getting too moronic.

In order to balance this, I'd have to donate 30% of my total fleet to the Citadel at any given time as per lore and would be handicapped in terms of non-military/production spending.

That way, the Hierarchy fits lire, as a power dependent in the prosperity if the Citadel but supremely armed and dangerous.

How do you plan on having the Citadel Fleet operate? We could do it by vote and be a draw back to having to join the council.

Would be interesting to have the 4 Council players control the fleet and turn into a bureaucratic backstabbing nightmare.

Also they are called Sapper Deattchment? I remember Engineer but not Sapper. Could of swore it was some unit left over from the Star Wars Faction RP.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Sapper is a general military term.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Segmentia wrote:Sapper is a general military term.

Ya, just found it. It wasn't coming up when I typed Sapper Detachment.

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Postby Greater Istanistan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:57 pm

North America Inc wrote:How do you plan on having the Citadel Fleet operate? We could do it by vote and be a draw back to having to join the council.

Would be interesting to have the 4 Council players control the fleet and turn into a bureaucratic backstabbing nightmare.

Also they are called Sapper Deattchment? I remember Engineer but not Sapper. Could of swore it was some unit left over from the Star Wars Faction RP.

With 4 people on the Council, a majority wouldn't do. I think it would be fun to have it require a supermajority of all but one players or all players to go after at least 3000 and at most 10,000 words of debate with statements from all active players to allow filibusters. A couple months of delay before deployment would make it better yet, and requiring Council assent on all strategy could be even more fun. A failure to stay within the words bracket or a shoot-down vote could withdraw it at any time.

However, in addition to contributions it'd be previously be huge, and have the nigh-unsyoppable Destiny Ascension.

A total nightmare to use, but goddamn terrifying in a fight.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas

Versail
Negotiator

Founded: May 21, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:58 pm

North America Inc wrote:Also can someone explain to me what a Sapper Detachment is?

"A sapper, also called pioneer or combat engineer, is a combatant or soldier who performs a variety of military engineering duties such as bridge-building, laying or clearing minefields, demolitions, field defences and general construction, as well as road and airfield construction and repair."
Also the Batarian cons don't look that bad to me.
Is it just me?
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.
http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/2499

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:04 pm

North America Inc wrote:How do you plan on having the Citadel Fleet operate? We could do it by vote and be a draw back to having to join the council.

With 4 people on the Council, a majority wouldn't do. I think it would be fun to have it require a supermajority of all but one players or all players to go after at least 3000 and at most 10,000 words of debate with statements from all active players to allow filibusters. A couple months of delay before deployment would make it better yet, and requiring Council assent on all strategy could be even more fun. A failure to stay within the words bracket or a shoot-down vote could withdraw it at any time.

However, in addition to contributions it'd be previously be huge, and have the nigh-unsyoppable Destiny Ascension.

A total nightmare to use, but goddamn terrifying in a fight.

It would be a total hassle, but then again a great way to show how difficult galactic politcs can be. Especially when you need your own forces for your own engagement.

You would need 3 out of 4 votes to initiate a use. Its the only way to secure a majority. I think that would be fair. Who do you think should actually RP as the Fleet?

Never had to use them, avoided them because I didn't what to do with them.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Versail wrote:

"A sapper, also called pioneer or combat engineer, is a combatant or soldier who performs a variety of military engineering duties such as bridge-building, laying or clearing minefields, demolitions, field defences and general construction, as well as road and airfield construction and repair."
Is it just me?

Left overs of previous iterations, I was actually thinking of adding another con. Perhaps isolation from the rest of society yields a penalty of income production?

Versail
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:06 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Versail wrote:"A sapper, also called pioneer or combat engineer, is a combatant or soldier who performs a variety of military engineering duties such as bridge-building, laying or clearing minefields, demolitions, field defences and general construction, as well as road and airfield construction and repair."
Is it just me?

Left overs of previous iterations, I was actually thinking of adding another con. Perhaps isolation from the rest of society yields a penalty of income production?

15% Credit reduction due to isolation?
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Postby Greater Istanistan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:07 pm

I suppose the Council could elect any given RP character to command the Fleet, but be able to replace them with 50% of the vote.

That would be something.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Versail wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Left overs of previous iterations, I was actually thinking of adding another con. Perhaps isolation from the rest of society yields a penalty of income production?

15% Credit reduction due to isolation?

Possibly I will think about it.

What faction do you plan to be?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Greater Istanistan wrote:I suppose the Council could elect any given RP character to command the Fleet, but be able to replace them with 50% of the vote.

That would be something.

Would be pretty hard to considering you will always vote for yourself, giving yourself a 25% right there. I would like to add the CLient States can be elected to lead the Fleet, just not vote in the Council.

Like a Volus in charge or a Elcor.

Versail
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:10 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Versail wrote:15% Credit reduction due to isolation?

Possibly I will think about it.

Kinda a toss-up between the Geth, A communist human colony, The Batarians and the Krogan.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Can I reserve the systems alliance

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Rygondria wrote:Can I reserve the systems alliance

Sorry, it was the first nation to be reserved. Let me update the roster.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Versail wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Possibly I will think about it.

Kinda a toss-up between the Geth, A communist human colony, The Batarians and the Krogan.

Independent Custom Factions are always everyone's favorite. ;)

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Postby Greater Istanistan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:17 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Greater Istanistan wrote:I suppose the Council could elect any given RP character to command the Fleet, but be able to replace them with 50% of the vote.

That would be something.

Would be pretty hard to considering you will always vote for yourself, giving yourself a 25% right there. I would like to add the CLient States can be elected to lead the Fleet, just not vote in the Council.

It's actually not likely to end that way. Citadel would vote for someone theoretically competent or, failing that, someone whose owner pays the best bribes. It's like Donald Trump - gotta make deals. Turian Councillor's idiot nephew gets command with an Asari vote in exchange for a deniable Blackwatch raid on a covert STG monitoring operation which could accidentally uncover the monastery on Lessus. There's fun to be had.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Postby Greater Istanistan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Shoot. Sorry, Ry. Guess all that planning went to shit.

Ah well. Want ot join me on the Council as the Salarians?
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:25 pm

North America Inc wrote:Would be pretty hard to considering you will always vote for yourself, giving yourself a 25% right there. I would like to add the CLient States can be elected to lead the Fleet, just not vote in the Council.

It's actually not likely to end that way. Citadel would vote for someone theoretically competent or, failing that, someone whose owner pays the best bribes. It's like Donald Trump - gotta make deals. Turian Councillor's idiot nephew gets command with an Asari vote in exchange for a deniable Blackwatch raid on a covert STG monitoring operation which could accidentally uncover the monastery on Lessus. There's fun to be had.

I know its unlikely but it would give them a chance for the lesser races to prove themselves. Its up to the council to allow them to do that.

Also, I would like to remind everyone if you want to totally dominate the battlefield go with the Reaper Cybernetic Augments, they will guide you to victory.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:27 pm

North America Inc wrote:

Sorry, it was the first nation to be reserved. Let me update the roster.

Well damn

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Postby Greater Istanistan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:29 pm

Rygondria wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Sorry, it was the first nation to be reserved. Let me update the roster.

Well damn

North America Inc wrote:I know its unlikely but it would give them a chance for the lesser races to prove themselves. Its up to the council to allow them to do that.

I fully agree that lesser races should be allowed to command a fleet - they just shouldn't be the only ones that can. Giving the lesser races the ability to, if unanimous, recall the fleet, would be cool too.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Postby Greater Istanistan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Anyways, off to bed and then the plane. Talk to you all either some time tomorrow or in around 24 hours!
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Rygondria wrote:Well damn

North America Inc wrote:I know its unlikely but it would give them a chance for the lesser races to prove themselves. Its up to the council to allow them to do that.

I fully agree that lesser races should be allowed to command a fleet - they just shouldn't be the only ones that can. Giving the lesser races the ability to, if unanimous, recall the fleet, would be cool too.

Either that or I can fall back on my plan B , a religious military order in the terminus, Or I cab make the society for national renewal a terrorist group.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:41 pm

Rygondria wrote:

Either that or I can fall back on my plan B , a religious military order in the terminus, Or I cab make the society for national renewal a terrorist group.

What about the Geth?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse