NATION

PASSWORD

The Steel Frontier(Sci-Fi)(Mech)(Open/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xichung
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:30 am

Odin

he smiled and laughed "i thought you were a commander and a great strategic mind" he zoomed in on the facility "all we need is one ship, the thing is, they won't let me retire or move up" he made a ship shows up on the map "yeah a fleet can't get through there and pirates avoid it cause their ships are made out of junk, I'm old and iv been sailing these stars long before you, so have faith in me. all we have to do is get them to the facility and set up an Einstein Rosen bridge and an attacking force is possible" on the map showed up an experimental ship capable of setting up wormholes "but for now give me what I need and ill explain everything to fey and she will determine how the plan goes" he pulled the chip and the holo table turned off. he tapped his cane waiting for the codes
blood on the petals/ death is the true end of us/ let us not die yet

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:52 pm

"I was assigned to Damascus Station because I did not have blind faith in my superiors or their pets. In your arrogance, you have failed to notice the orbital defenses and completely ignored the fact that we know neither the size of the fleet protecting Gungnir nor the number of Alliance ships in the Charybdis Badlands. Attacking it with a single ship, even an Othello-Class Dreadnaught, is suicide! Here are the codes. I just hope Command doesn't agree to your insane plan, you vainglorious fool. Our situation is not that desperate." Johann said to Pyrrhus as he handed the tablet containing the codes, his tone indicating that he is dismissing the old ace from his office.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:51 pm

Odin

“Your the only fool here” he smiled and took the tablet “to think I didn’t have all of that already planned out” he left the commander he went to the comms room. The chip had every last thing he needed all the way down to the names of the pilots, it was all pulled from the black dragon super database.

Fey

“Thank you, Odin, the info will prove wonderfully, but as for punishment of such failure...” she smiled “you will join the death watch, so choose your successor” she pressed a few buttons and she pulled all the data from the chip “you are also stripped of power on the Tempest and as for Johann, tell him to fix his demeanor or he will be seeing me personally, now go and enjoy yourself while I review the plan with Alexander” she cut comms and got up. She went into Alexander’s room “commander Odin has failed for the last time, but his failure has brought hope, we have the location of the infamous base along with many other assets” she bowed and awaited his reply

Alexander

“Have Odin and the commander of the moon base to capture that base” he grinned “I want out of my cage, so make sure that they open a Rosen bridge” Fey nodded and soon relayed a plan to Johann

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Prelude To The Maiden Voyage Of The Damocles

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:39 am

Johann
"It appears that Command has amended the insane plan so that it actually has a chance of success without requiring sacrifices we cannot afford. Prepare the Damocles. It is time to take that Wunderwaffe for a test drive. You are in command until I return, Captain Arnold. Hopefully, the vainglorious fool who obviously can't understand an org chart won't get us killed." Johann said to his second-in-command after the man had arrived with requisition forms for copper wiring and lead plates, the Commandant simply signing them before heading to S-Deck. To the uninformed, Damascus Station was just a strategically important stronghold near the Aristotle System. In actuality, it was more than that; L-Deck was home to numerous laboratories and testing areas where various weapons, armor, androids, and propulsion systems had been developed, the Forges and Factories on F-Deck building the final result of those tests, R-Deck equipped with dry docks and repair drones, and S-Deck was assigned to the construction of new ships.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

The Laughing man

Postby Xichung » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:45 am

The wraith would soon receive another crew member, a person who was held down by chains and leather straps. He laughed none-stop, as if he stopped he would die. This was the insane and only long lived member of death watch, the “Immortal”, a mad man who lost everything. He is now a criminal under the RCMC control and is the reason death watch has such a high death rate. He was soon sent to the brig where they put him into a padded room. Not much longer a scrawny mech was loaded in, it was covered in tally marks and the words death written across the head.

Odin

He sat there looking at the map of system “best go around that storm there and use the black hole to sling shot us, but we gonna need to be super careful of any unexpected void storms” he kept on planning till his original aid came in “so how is the report, any good cadets?” He ask the aid with sorrow in his voice.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:06 am

Xichung wrote:The wraith would soon receive another crew member, a person who was held down by chains and leather straps. He laughed none-stop, as if he stopped he would die. This was the insane and only long lived member of death watch, the “Immortal”, a mad man who lost everything. He is now a criminal under the RCMC control and is the reason death watch has such a high death rate. He was soon sent to the brig where they put him into a padded room. Not much longer a scrawny mech was loaded in, it was covered in tally marks and the words death written across the head.

Odin

He sat there looking at the map of system “best go around that storm there and use the black hole to sling shot us, but we gonna need to be super careful of any unexpected void storms” he kept on planning till his original aid came in “so how is the report, any good cadets?” He ask the aid with sorrow in his voice.

Kai watched as the insane man was put in the cell. Her face was almost devoid of emotion.

"What's with him?" She asked one of the sailors

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:44 am

Bolslania wrote:
Xichung wrote:The wraith would soon receive another crew member, a person who was held down by chains and leather straps. He laughed none-stop, as if he stopped he would die. This was the insane and only long lived member of death watch, the “Immortal”, a mad man who lost everything. He is now a criminal under the RCMC control and is the reason death watch has such a high death rate. He was soon sent to the brig where they put him into a padded room. Not much longer a scrawny mech was loaded in, it was covered in tally marks and the words death written across the head.

Odin

Kai watched as the insane man was put in the cell. Her face was almost devoid of emotion.

crew member

“Don’t you know about death watch?” He looked at her in surprise “that’s the laughing man, he the only true survivor of death watch, least the original team, they are a kill squad” he seemed worried “generally who ever is on it dies, all except him and if you come back you’ll be pardoned for any failures” he began walking off “I need to see to that, monsters mech”

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Promotion/The Damocles Is Launched

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Gilgamesh
"It appears that I have been assigned to pilot Odin. Finally, this technological marvel is going to be piloted by someone competent, not some washed-up has been with delusions of grandeur." Flight Lieutenant Gilgamesh said to himself as he headed to see if Ishtar, his mech, was fully repaired, his words and tone filled with the contempt that only someone whose career had been stalled by a superior with antiquated standards could feel.
Commandant Johann
After exiting the elevator door, Commandant Johann immediately headed to the Damocles, the door to the bridge connecting the shipyard to the rest of S-Deck opening as he walked towards his ship, gazing out the windows at the construction workers building a might fleet while working double shifts. For the sake of counterespionage, all warships built at Damocles Station were built inside a part of the station devoid of a breathable atmosphere protected by androids designed to fight in pure vacuum and automated defenses programed to vaporize anyone who was not wearing a registration badge or clothes tagged with an identification chip. As far as Command was concerned, so long as the ships performed as well as expected, the personnel assigned to build and maintain them were considered expendable. After three hours of walking, Commandant Johann boarded the Damocles, the ramp retracting, the engines powering up, the ship heading into the tunnel leading to the shipyard doors, a hatch closing behind them to prevent the workers and their equipment from being sucked into the vacuum of space once the Damocles was inside the tunnel. The shipyard opened, the air being expelled into the vacuum of space as the Damocles left the shipyard. Starlight shined off the chrome-on-black hull, every soldier, pilot, and officer who saw the Damocles being amazed and awestruck by the masterpiece of engineering. "Are you ready, Heer Pyrrhus?" Commandant Johann said to Pyrrhus over the comms.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:17 pm

Odin

“How can I ever be ready for death watch, I just heard they brought in the mad man too” he looked down at his cane “I have disciples to talk to and choose from, so see to the mechs and I believe you need to talk to the laughing man” he began walking off

Aid

He had collected all of Odin’s disciples and brought them into a room “you may already know, but if it’s not obvious to you all, commander Odin is now a part of the infamous death watch, he is choosing one of you to take his place” he opened a folder and he looked a little distraught “but only if he dies out there, if he survive, he will take his position back” he closed the folder and looked at the three people, then Amaterasu then walked in. “Ahh...Amaterasu, you were chosen simply cause you met the requirements” he then walked over to a chair “you have free time in this room till Odin comes in” he sat down then looked through his folder

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Amaterasu
"I must respectfully refuse, as Odin is permanently assigned to the Tempest and I am still assigned to Damocles Station. Regulations state that I would have to be transferred to Ymir Fleet first and I highly doubt that Johann would risk one of his best mech pilots for the sake of an old man's ego. I just came in here to inform you that several of your men started a riot in the mess hall and is now doing time in the drunk tank." Amaterasu said to Pyrrhus before leaving the room.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Flarbinia wrote:Amaterasu
"I must respectfully refuse, as Odin is permanently assigned to the Tempest and I am still assigned to Damocles Station. Regulations state that I would have to be transferred to Ymir Fleet first and I highly doubt that Johann would risk one of his best mech pilots for the sake of an old man's ego. I just came in here to inform you that several of your men started a riot in the mess hall and is now doing time in the drunk tank." Amaterasu said to Pyrrhus before leaving the room.

Aid

He coughed as he held up papers signed by Alexander himself “in the advent You are chosen we have a transfer of pilots of equal skill and or ranking, as for the old man this is not ego” he handed the papers to her to read. “I doubt you know what is actual role was in the RCMC, but it was a major one and you should know that we don’t humor any kind of egotistical ideals here” he said with a cold expression “now then as for the fighting, I will deal with it, Odin do what is needed of you” the aid soon walked out

odin

He stood there silently looking over everyone. “You know who I am and I believe the aid told you why your here” he looked down at his old wooden cane “the person I choose shall take my place as Alexander’s right, I am to choose the best one that fits the role and meet the requirements to command Ymir” he looked back up at everyone “and young girl, do understand that Johann is on his last thread too, if he keeps acting out of line as he does, so I suggest you don’t worry about the issue of transfer” he said to Amaterasu as he pulled out a holo tablet “these are your most recent pilot scores, all of you are top of your class and either excel or have done deeds great” he turned it on as stats showed “we will commence a test to see who will take my place, so go get your mechs ready for combat”

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:10 am

Gilgamesh
"Looks like you will be transferred to Damascus Station to replace the new pilot of Odin. Orders come straight from the top." Captain Subutai, a mech pilot from the world of Genghis, said to Gilgamesh. "If it wasn't for my strategies, that old buzzard and the rest of my squadron would not be here right now, yet when I am to gain my just desserts, I am still denied by the political machinations of a vainglorious relic who would rather uphold some archaic traditions than allow a more capable commander to take charge, even when the Alliance is driving the Corps back on every front." Gilgamesh said to Subutai, his voice filled with rage at this twist of fate. "I may be a member of the old guard men like you wish to replace, but I am one of the few that earned their place, whereas the rest were given their ranks on a silver platter because they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Don't worry. The life expectancy of someone in Death Watch is slim to none and Pyrrhus is years past his prime." Subutai said to Gilgamesh, the pilot heading to the transport headed to Damascus Station.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:40 am

Xichung wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

crew member

“Don’t you know about death watch?” He looked at her in surprise “that’s the laughing man, he the only true survivor of death watch, least the original team, they are a kill squad” he seemed worried “generally who ever is on it dies, all except him and if you come back you’ll be pardoned for any failures” he began walking off “I need to see to that, monsters mech”

She raised an eyebrow, damn she thought, What do you need a kill squad for? she shrugged, and walked to the repair bay to check on her mech.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Amaterasu
Amaterasu watched from the window of her shuttle as the Damocles exited the station, a beautiful sight to behold, one that is considered a once in a lifetime opportunity. Once it was over, she turned her gaze back to the screen, Alexander making a big speech about how the war is going well and that the Alliance's defeat was inevitable. Amaterasu knew that the opposite was true. Save for a few victories, the RCMC was losing the war, a death by a thousand paper cuts inflicted by the Alliance. It was no secret that Command was making plans for a counteroffensive, but they were either too small scale to have any real impact on the outcome of the war or simply required more manpower and resources than the Corps could spare. The channel was changed, Pyrrhus appearing on the screen to make some big farewell speech to his men.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:33 pm

odin

The next in line was to be chosen by way of combat, each one of his chosen were to face off in a sparing match with fencing rules, the victor then would have to face him. The Odin mech along with its operator will be sent on its last mission with the laughing man. This was the RCMC way of punishment for the most loyal of failures. “These will be my final words as the commander of Ymir fleet and as your mentor, I have been placed on death watch to make the last moments meaningful.so brothers and sisters, we may fall a hundred times but we must rise up and crush the foolishness of the alliance, my next in line will be one chosen by me alone” he saluted

The laughing man

He finally escaped his restraints. He was free to explore the ship, his malnourished body making it easy to slip into the tightest of spaces. He was searching for something fun till he saw Odin on a hallway tv “how interesting, looks like the old man finally joins me...” he said out loud his voice hoarse and decrepit. He then heard guards looking for him and he ran, slinking between areas till he reached the mech bay and he laughed “so many souls to set free”

aid

“Amaterasu, it’s time for the match, your mech is in the sparing room” he said as he grabbed her shoulder “even if you don’t want to be you have to at least put an effort in, after all this is an honor no one should pass up lightly”

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:08 am

Xichung wrote:odin

The next in line was to be chosen by way of combat, each one of his chosen were to face off in a sparing match with fencing rules, the victor then would have to face him. The Odin mech along with its operator will be sent on its last mission with the laughing man. This was the RCMC way of punishment for the most loyal of failures. “These will be my final words as the commander of Ymir fleet and as your mentor, I have been placed on death watch to make the last moments meaningful.so brothers and sisters, we may fall a hundred times but we must rise up and crush the foolishness of the alliance, my next in line will be one chosen by me alone” he saluted

The laughing man

He finally escaped his restraints. He was free to explore the ship, his malnourished body making it easy to slip into the tightest of spaces. He was searching for something fun till he saw Odin on a hallway tv “how interesting, looks like the old man finally joins me...” he said out loud his voice hoarse and decrepit. He then heard guards looking for him and he ran, slinking between areas till he reached the mech bay and he laughed “so many souls to set free”

aid

“Amaterasu, it’s time for the match, your mech is in the sparing room” he said as he grabbed her shoulder “even if you don’t want to be you have to at least put an effort in, after all this is an honor no one should pass up lightly”

Kai stepped into the mech bay. She looked around, some of the mechs were pretty badly damaged. She heard someone laughing, it wasn't a jovial laugh, as if in response to a good joke, more a maniacal laugh. She reached for her pistol, its custom grips settling into her palm, she walked towards the laughing, weapon raised

"Hello? Come out."

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:19 am

Bolslania wrote:
Xichung wrote:odin

The laughing man

aid

Kai stepped into the mech bay. She looked around, some of the mechs were pretty badly damaged. She heard someone laughing, it wasn't a jovial laugh, as if in response to a good joke, more a maniacal laugh. She reached for her pistol, its custom grips settling into her palm, she walked towards the laughing, weapon raised

"Hello? Come out."

Laughing man

He stepped into light, his bloodstained white straight jacket not hiding a thing about his skeleton like body. He looked at here, a muzzle on his face to keep him from biting “pretty butterfly in the field of blood flowers” he then laughed not even afraid of the her and the pistol “shoot me, I long for death, but my body won’t give it to me, my body is not my own!” He began laughing maniacally again “make the blood spill!”

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Amaterasu
Once the shuttle had boarded the Tempest, Amaterasu headed to the sparring room, expecting to do wonders. Honor? She grew up in her father's court, watching as her father's "honorable" vassals and "loyal" advisors plotted, schemed, and conspired to advance their own agendas and goals. No. She was doing this for her personal glory. The Tempest was the poster child of the supposedly invincible Ymir Fleet and defeating one of its crewmembers would prove that it did not extend to its pilots. Once she had reached the sparring room, she entered Thor and immediately powered up, her opponent inside a light assault mech.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:40 pm

aid

The aid came on comms “remember fencing rules, no gun or explosives, so remember that rule” he cut off as the other mech pulled out a metal pole and got into stance, Amaterasu doing the same as a green light flashed in the room and the word “fight” came out from comms

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:00 pm

Amaterasu
Luckily for Amaterasu, Thor's hammer is neither a gun nor did it utilize explosives. Thor hit Bellephon, electricity coursing through the opposing mech as it veered backwards. The blow was followed through with a dodge, a parry, a feint, and a pommel strike, Bellephon making a quick series of strikes. After an hour of intense fighting, Amaterasu had Archimedes on the ropes, the mech's armor being dented by the repetition of blows as Thor pressed the assault. After ten more blows and parries, Amaterasu was declared the victor, Thor and Bellephon being moved to the Mech Bay for repairs.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:22 am

aid

“Amaterasu is in the final bracket, only two pilots left for the final spot” the nearby tv switched to view the next match between the mech ‘tesla’ and ‘alfines’ it was a long battle and Amaterasu was able to read the fighting styles of each mech and their abilities. ‘Tesla’ used electricity to fight, causing the area around it to be a no go zone, while ‘Alfines’ uses a black smoke enhancement to hide its movements. The victor was obviously ‘Tesla’ and do it was with due time. ‘Tesla’ was a heavy armor type mech that used its combat knife for this fight. The aid soon spoke “Legion moves up and takes the final slot, all mechs are to be repaired and pilots get some rest, return in 30 minutes for the final fight”

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Connor Jax
Riptide fired its guns, hitting ammunition storage, an Epimethean Titan that was assisting in the assault on the warehouse district going up in a fiery explosion, chunks of burning metal flying everywhere. "Nice shot. Three more to go." Connor Jax said to "Check" as they moved east, the firing of tanks growing louder as they got in range of the second target. Riptide fired its guns again, this time taking out the Titan's cooling system, the reactor overheating until it exploded. "No wonder they retired those antiques. One well-placed hit to a weak spot and they go out with a bang." Connor Jax said to "Check" as the third Titan approached, Orion and Riptide barely dodging the fire of its cannons.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Eva-05

She laughed “these are are trash compared to me” she dodged the shot “we need to be fast about taking them out, we have to see to protecting the others” she kept dodging only using one rail cannon to keep the assault up

???

“Execute plan elytra” there was soon a rumble from underground and the titans dropped to the ground and began changing as it plates dig into the ground and began breaking the ground open. A great machine comprised of many more awoke

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Connor Jax
Connor Jax fired a Salvo of Orion's missiles at the machine, most of them harmlessly passing through and hitting the concrete below without knocking it over, the rest hitting a hidden device, their foe dissipating as fast as it had appeared. "A holographic projector. Most likely installed during the siege. Classic act of deception meant to demoralize a foe." Connor Jax said to "Check" right before Riptide fired its cannons, blowing the Titan's head off, the metal behemoth falling to the ground. Connor Jax dodged another shot from the remaining Titan as Orion fired another salvo, the projectiles destroying the Anti-Air Defense Control Center. Riptide fired its cannons once again, the remaining Titan going up in a fiery explosion.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:17 am

Xichung wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

"Hello? Come out."

Laughing man

He stepped into light, his bloodstained white straight jacket not hiding a thing about his skeleton like body. He looked at here, a muzzle on his face to keep him from biting “pretty butterfly in the field of blood flowers” he then laughed not even afraid of the her and the pistol “shoot me, I long for death, but my body won’t give it to me, my body is not my own!” He began laughing maniacally again “make the blood spill!”

Kai reached for her intercom, her pistol unwavering as it pointed at the man's head.

"This is Kai, the prisoner has escaped, I'm holding him at the Mech bay, requesting backup, over." She said calmly. She clicked of the intercom and looked at the man.

"Why did you try to escape?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse