NATION

PASSWORD

The Vanished Wilderness [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:20 pm

Well, the bidding made sense to me. With no known source of copper or iron or tin, and tools no doubt wearing out in a few weeks, they’re definitely at a premium. And you can pay back your axe investment in four days with change. It’s the best return of any tool by far.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:22 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Well, the bidding made sense to me. With no known source of copper or iron or tin, and tools no doubt wearing out in a few weeks, they’re definitely at a premium. And you can pay back your axe investment in four days with change. It’s the best return of any tool by far.

Kind of sucks that I'm just a hunter/ adventurer. If someone can shape me a flint spear If I can find some stone and a sturdy branch then I can go hunt some deer and sell them.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:26 pm

Ultar is happy indeed. I have to take an exam, but I'll update in an hour or so.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:26 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:You'll have to forgive me, I'm still unused to the way of things work around here. I'm bailing out from this bidding war, either way. My maximum price is five despite having eight.

Also, isn't by me bidding three nobles and four knaves, that makes me bidding the axe for four nobles?

Oh, don't apologise! It's still convenient to get the axe right away (my own group's plan needs it), but if you have a little time, you can make your own by hiring the right people for less than Ultar is charging.

Also, with silver tongue, I think you only get one copper knave off, so you bidding three nobles and four knaves is received as three nobles and five knaves (or 3.5 nobles). Silver tongue really loses value as the denominations get higher. It's why I didn't choose it for my character this time (though I did in the last version of this game).

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Well, the bidding made sense to me. With no known source of copper or iron or tin, and tools no doubt wearing out in a few weeks, they’re definitely at a premium. And you can pay back your axe investment in four days with change. It’s the best return of any tool by far.

Yes, but if you're logging for money without woodcutter you might as well be working in the mines. It's more profitable (2.8 nobles v. 2 nobles for two days work), you get a free place to live, and you don't risk dying in the woods to whatever horrors are cooked up.

Ralnis wrote:Kind of sucks that I'm just a hunter/ adventurer. If someone can shape me a flint spear If I can find some stone and a sturdy branch then I can go hunt some deer and sell them.

You can find five pieces of flint a day, apparently, and a good branch can be found on the forest floor with a bit of searching. Then you just need a length of fibre, which is easy enough to get with long grass and a few hours. I do not think it requires much advanced assembly from what I have read.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:27 pm

Can we find branches lying around in Farholme? I'll say I just make a flint spear to hunt fishes.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:28 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Can we find branches lying around in Farholme? I'll say I just make a flint spear to hunt fishes.

Branches and trees can be found effectively everywhere in the Three Rivers, where Farholme is, yep.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:29 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Can we find branches lying around in Farholme? I'll say I just make a flint spear to hunt fishes.

"The detritus of a felled tree, or the carpeting of a mature forest floor. Wood, though in small burnable quantities. Some explorers have found utility for the material in small traps, lean-tos, and other semipermanent structures. Beyond that, branches are useful for only the most basic and crude of the civilized man's tools. Trees felled by the enterprising lumberjack often have about a starn of useful branches that can be lopped off of them, an activity that requires an axe, but which is essentially the work of an hour. They can also simply be gleaned from the forest floor, four bundles of the stuff generally easy enough to find near trees with twelve hours of work."

I would think you could find at least one good branch in a bundle. Or you could try and buy a branch cut straight off a tree from the resident lumberjack, surely not for much.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:29 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Branches and trees can be found effectively everywhere in the Three Rivers, where Farholme is, yep.

Yeah, I actually expect branches to be found in the three rivers, but I was confirming first through here.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Goodness me - at least the axe is going to someone who really wants it.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Then forget the mines in Day two. Flint spear and hunt a deer for more nobles than just mining silver.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Then forget the mines in Day two. Flint spear and hunt a deer for more nobles than just mining silver.

True, but silver is guaranteed, and hunting goes up to a dice roll.

New Antarcticania
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 pm

Can't you just make a basic axe by tying a shark rock to a stick with a piece of cloth (I.e, a ripped sleeve from one's shirt)?
Former Frozen commie hole somewhere in Antarctica. Now rebranded as an slightly less frozen and less commie hole somewhere in the South Atlantic, we out-navy the Russian Navy (This is less of a brag now. Isn't it?).

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:34 pm

Lazarian wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Then forget the mines in Day two. Flint spear and hunt a deer for more nobles than just mining silver.

True, but silver is guaranteed, and hunting goes up to a dice roll.

I have a bonus for it by being a hunter and then fighting a boar thanks to martial prowess.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:34 pm

New Antarcticania wrote:Can't you just make a basic axe by tying a shark rock to a stick with a piece of cloth (I.e, a ripped sleeve from one's shirt)?

Any copper tool requires an appropriately shaped head, either produced by hammering native copper or casting molten copper, as well as a length of fiber and either a sturdy branch or heartwood to use as a haft. From a starn of native copper ore, two tool heads may be shaped with a hammer in four hours, and does not require an anvil. Hammering an ingot of copper into a tool head only takes one hour with an anvil.

There are set methods of creation in this game. You can try to do it your way, but it night not work.

SC #307

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:34 pm

Auphelia wrote:

"The detritus of a felled tree, or the carpeting of a mature forest floor. Wood, though in small burnable quantities. Some explorers have found utility for the material in small traps, lean-tos, and other semipermanent structures. Beyond that, branches are useful for only the most basic and crude of the civilized man's tools. Trees felled by the enterprising lumberjack often have about a starn of useful branches that can be lopped off of them, an activity that requires an axe, but which is essentially the work of an hour. They can also simply be gleaned from the forest floor, four bundles of the stuff generally easy enough to find near trees with twelve hours of work."

I would think you could find at least one good branch in a bundle. Or you could try and buy a branch cut straight off a tree from the resident lumberjack, surely not for much.

Fun fact: your local lumberjack has branches available the night of Day 1, if you buy them before he turns them all into fishing spears :P

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Auphelia wrote:

Fun fact: your local lumberjack has branches available the night of Day 1, if you buy them before he turns them all into fishing spears :P

Are these spears that he uses to fish or are they spears only made for fishing?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:46 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Are these spears that he uses to fish or are they spears only made for fishing?

The latter - easier to make since they only require branches and time. But I’m not adverse to selling them instead of crafting them. ‘twas mainly just something to do with the branches

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Ralnis wrote:Are these spears that he uses to fish or are they spears only made for fishing?

The latter - easier to make since they only require branches and time. But I’m not adverse to selling them instead of crafting them. ‘twas mainly just something to do with the branches

Damn, can't hunt deer then.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:49 pm

Update 1.01

Bugfixes:
Times in the reference sheet have been adjusted to infer a day's work as being 12 hours instead of 16, freeing up an extra four hours.

@Ralnis quick retcon because I can't read, the silver mine you're working is actually in the center of town, not an hour east - there is a known silver deposit an hour east, but it's barely been touched.

Coming soon in Update 1.02: travel time tables!

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:51 pm

I have edited my work hours respectively as well.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:53 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Update 1.01

Bugfixes:
Times in the reference sheet have been adjusted to infer a day's work as being 12 hours instead of 16, freeing up an extra four hours.

@Ralnis quick retcon because I can't read, the silver mine you're working is actually in the center of town, not an hour east - there is a known silver deposit an hour east, but it's barely been touched.

Ok, good to know. Also I'm not asleep as I'm hunting for G to get a fishing spear to go hunt deer. Which is a weird way but a spear a spear.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Update 1.01

Bugfixes:

Ok, good to know. Also I'm not asleep as I'm hunting for G to get a fishing spear to go hunt deer. Which is a weird way but a spear a spear.

That... might not be advisable. Might I suggest in investing in the Primitive Spear, found in the Items section?

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Ralnis wrote:Ok, good to know. Also I'm not asleep as I'm hunting for G to get a fishing spear to go hunt deer. Which is a weird way but a spear a spear.

A primitive spear only needs some fibre and flint, which are both easy enough to find in a day.

SC #307

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:06 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Ok, good to know. Also I'm not asleep as I'm hunting for G to get a fishing spear to go hunt deer. Which is a weird way but a spear a spear.

A primitive spear only needs some fibre and flint, which are both easy enough to find in a day.

Then it looks like that's what I'm doing. Then go kill a deer, find some tribal, rob said tribal, and become a raider.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:06 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Auphelia wrote:

Then it looks like that's what I'm doing. Then go kill a deer, find some tribal, rob said tribal, and become a raider.

You aren't aware of the existence of any natives in this land, at least in any of the explored territories that are visible on the map.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse