NATION

PASSWORD

The Badlands (Action/Crime RP; OOC; OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elisa's Condition

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:51 pm

1. She doesn't make it through the night, but she pulls through.
No votes
2. She makes it through the night, and she pulls through.
No votes
3. She makes it through the night, but she doesn't pull through.
50%
4. She doesn't make it through the night.
No votes
5. Polls are stupid, Cylarn. Why are you trying to gauge our opinions on IC events?
50%

Total votes : 2

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:18 am

Bara and Tito, your characters will be working in the clinic when we get the girl in there. I'll have an NPC take care of Jo Ann in my next post.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:13 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Real Name: Jonathan Hanson

Alias (If Applicable): Alexander Larson

Appearance (Picture or Description:)

Identifying Marks: Uh...a permanent black rose tattoo on his upper part of his chest, heavily covered with paint that is friendly for human skin for reasons connected to his dark...dark past.

Skills: Well, apart from his excellent surgery skills and advanced medical training, he's quite well-versed in automobile as in able to drives and sabotage the car's braking system decently enough. And he's good at keeping secrets, even his own secret. And a basic combat training, you know, to...combat people, pining them down.

Primary Specialty: Surgery, obviously. Very skilled in surgery, whether it's for alive human's surgery or surgically cut off the bodies of...people, dead people to be exact and scatters it. And basic medical operations, checking patients, curing them, sometimes "accidentally" kill patients, if they are really prefer death.

Personality: Well...let's see, Alexander is very, very nice person. But deep down, hiding a very large amounts of depressions and guilt over what he did in the past as an accomplice, so you see, he wants to atone for his crimes, guilt, plenty of things he did in the past. Other than that, he's preferring nonviolent approach and being diplomatic at all costs, and also not very open, avoiding personal questions.

Weaknesses (Pick at least 2):
-He's not a combatant, more like supportive person. That's why he avoids close combat despite know how.
-He clearly has some issues with depression, so drug issues is a must.

Ethnicity: Scandinavian ethnicity.

Nationality: Canadian. A little bit too far from home, too.

-A soothing amount of hot drinks, tea or coffee, to soothe his mind.
-Drugs. Heroin, morphine, anything for his addiction. But not always.

Dislikes:
-Law enforcement, obviously. And violent approach.

Fears:
-Being caught/arrested/involved with the police.
-Killing people, and not accidental killing, but pure, violent, brutal killing.

Reasons for being in Sheridan: On the run from the federal agency, and police. Being a doctor in a very small city will significantly lessen down any attentions.

Occupation: Doctor, newest doctor in Sheridan. Eh...and a former accomplice of a serial killer, but still an occupation, right?

Faction Affiliation (If any): Nah.

Personal Biography (2 or more paragraphs): Born in a middle-class Canadian family, his childhood is quite well, if slightly scarred with the experience of his older brother, who despite his genuine brotherly love to him, usually forcefully urged him to help his older brother on anything that is illegal, and when both of them were young teenagers, they helped his father who had his own auto shop, earning them both the skills of a mechanic, but after teenagehood, they both went different routes.

Jonathan studied hard on his own to achieved a better life, and in the end managed to graduated from a prestigious university in Canada with a medical degree, and getting in to the medical services was quite easy. His brother, Alex, on the other hand, was in the more dangerous route, dealing with illegal automobile dealings here and there. Eventually however, one night Jonathan was on his house, and accidentally went into a basement when he heard a really, really weird sound. Turned out Alex had started his serial killings from this event, first killing and then mutilating his victims' body to pieces. Being caught in the action, Jonathan was coerced, forcefully and aggressively, finally very reluctantly gave in.

Jonathan never asked what his MO or his motivation, although once the cases were on TV, it was heavily implied that all the deaths were connected to Alex's dead girlfriend, and his supposed-to-be wife. Death by rape, while Alex was left beaten. What a sad story but didn't really justified the case, by Jonathan's account. With his guilt getting deeper and deeper, it was only a matter of time before Jonathan snapped, so one day, while Alex was on the street, walking, Jonathan who already packed his things, and with his identity as the accomplice was about to be discovered, ran him over with his car and used one of Alex's fake identity (he's a criminal after all, of course he already prepared few fake identities) and ran away from Canada.

Eventually, exhausted and weary, he arrived at Sheridan...and found himself adapting as the doctor in this city, atoning for his crime....

Quite finished, I believe.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:46 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:-snip-

Welcome aboard.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:37 am

Oh wow...surgery post...yeah...gotta start reading medical stuff...yeah...
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:10 am

Cylarn wrote:Oh wow...surgery post...yeah...gotta start reading medical stuff...yeah...

Just watch a M*A*S*H scene involving a collapsed lung.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:05 am

Cylarn wrote:Oh wow...surgery post...yeah...gotta start reading medical stuff...yeah...

First, blood and plasma transfusion.

Then, general anesthesia. Better too little than too much, since she's already unconscious and in shock.

Then, urgent needle decompression.

Then, chest intubation to drain blood.

Then, tracheal intubation to reinflate the lung.

Then, chemical pleurodesis to reattach the outside of the lung to the pleural cavity and prevent another collapse.

At a small rural clinic, that's all you're likely to have the equipment to manage. Open-chest surgery will probably just kill her.
Last edited by Reverend Norv on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:43 am

Reverend Norv wrote:

First, blood and plasma transfusion.

Then, general anesthesia. Better too little than too much, since she's already unconscious and in shock.

Then, urgent needle decompression.

Then, chest intubation to drain blood.

Then, tracheal intubation to reinflate the lung.

Then, chemical pleurodesis to reattach the outside of the lung to the pleural cavity and repeat another collapse.

At a small rural clinic, that's all you're likely to have the equipment to manage. Open-chest surgery will probably just kill her.

You did your best with Paz, Boss.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:45 am

Agritum wrote:You did your best with Paz, Boss.

I'd suggest you make an app, but then this would just be another thing you'd take forever to post in. :3
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:53 am

Rupudska wrote:
Agritum wrote:You did your best with Paz, Boss.

I'd suggest you make an app, but then this would just be another thing you'd take forever to post in. :3

Oh ha ha. :p
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Dalria
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalria » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:18 am

Alias (If Applicable): Rider

Appearance (Picture or Description):

Identifying Marks: You can tell it's "Rider" just by looking at him, the way he carries himself. His chest is always up and out as he bolsters his holstered weapon. The aviators cloud his brown eyes, yet his blonde hair shines in the desert sun.

Skills: Based upon his previous occupation, Isaac is a well-rounded solider and will get anything done if the money is good. He is an accurate shot, in peak physical condition, and has a very suave appeal.

Primary Specialty: Marksmanship followed by hand-to-hand combat and negotiating.

Personality: Isaac seems to be very stern and uptight, yet is actually very comical. Once you get to know him he is all about making jokes and having a good time; whether it be with drugs, hookers, or simply a good chat. Most of the time he is very arrogant, often picking fights with those who do not share his ideals. He doesn't show a lick of loyalty and will sell whoever out to get to the top. During combat situations he is very calm and attentive, but most of the time you can find him in an inebriated state in some godforsaken bar in the middle of nowhere. He is a ladies man, and also a charismatic speaker. Finally, he has a very guilty consciousness for both the legal "crimes" he committed under the CIA and how he had basically broke his family apart and hasn't seen his daughters in years.

Weaknesses (Pick at least 2): Severe addict (cocaine, alcohol, tobacco, and... women, oh boy women), slightly bad left knee which often can move out of place, compulsive, and very hot-headed

Ethnicity: Irish

Nationality: American

Likes: Money, drugs, alcohol, women, weapons of all sorts, explosions, and gambling among other things.

Dislikes: The U.S. government, Italians, Arabs, any authority type figures, meth (one of the few drugs he despises), and pedophiles

Fears: His past catching up to him, dying of drug-abuse, and seeing his daughters again.

Reasons for being in Sheridan: Found work for the Trailblazers Security Solutions but ended up taking the opportunists route and working for the Saracens

Faction Affiliation (If any): Saracens

Personal Biography (2 or more paragraphs): Isaac was born on a warm summer night on July 26, 1971 to Connor and Sarah Malone, two Irish immigrants. His father worked in an steel factory in Massachusetts while his mother was a waitress, the young boy was often left home to his own devices. Along with four other siblings, the family struggled to afford even the necessities. As Isaac grew, he became more rebellious. He tagged along with a small-time street gang, more like struggling Irish youth, and committed small time burglaries. After a failed robbery of a liquor store, while Isaac was only twelve, the group disbanded with several of the older bosses getting hauled off in the paddy-wagon. Isaac's mother began dragging him to their local church on Sundays, he began to shape up but still had a major problem with anger. He'd often find himself spending time at home from a suspension because of a fight, which a majority of the time he'd come out as the victor. His principal gave him pity as he knew the household situation.

During his junior year of high school he well in love with a young Scot named Isabelle. The two immediately fell in love and began dating, almost a year after they had began dating, Isabelle became pregnant. Right around the same time, Isaac's best friend Michael was stabbed in a gang fight with some Italians from down the block. Isaac panicked, he knew things were going bad around the neighborhood and now he'd have a mouth to feed on his own so he made a choice, he decided to join the military. Years later he found himself in the USMC Special Operations Command. His superiors had been impressed about the way he handled himself, the young Irish lad was everything they needed and distinguished himself in the Gulf War. Reaching the rank of Staff Sergeant in his unit, he came under the eyes of the CIA. Isaac had formally left the marines and became part of the Special Operations Group for the CIA. He performed essentials tasks with "Scorpion" paramilitary teams composed of CIA Special Activities Division agents, along with friendly Iraqi partisans during the Iraqi war. When he finally came back to the states his wife had another girl on the way, but he came back he was changed. He had become more secretive and closed, Isabelle hated this as they slept side by side without saying a word sometimes. He began a new "secret" life of debauchery, having several affairs and growing a debt due to his drug habits. Isabella found this out and couldn't take this, leaving him to his own demise.

In 2012, Isaac had been reprimanded and had been dishonorable discharged from his unit after he had been caught selling narcotics and weapons to Mexican traffickers as well as proof that he had been involved in the death of a prostitute. With high friends in the CIA, the expunged it from his record but left him jobless. He quickly picked up a job with Trailblazers Security Solutions, but by now he had become a wreck. Lost his wife and all connection with his family, he had become an alcoholic and addict on the verge self-harm, and was simply a hired gun. After the accursed "Trailblazers Massacre", the private contractor had sent Isaac by the call name of "Rider", to investigate the murder and set up a company outpost for further operations.

He soon came in contact with the Saracens from his local dealer. They had become interested with this outsider who seemed very shady. After being beaten in a back alley, Isaac confessed his agenda and explained to the men they could strike a deal. Seeing the opportunity of Isaac himself, the Saracens granted Isaac as a member. He continued his ties with Trailblazers but his main occupation now relies as one of the main arms dealers of the Saracens.
Last edited by Dalria on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:55 am

So you all may or may not be aware of this, but I'm running a still-open RP that could use a member or observer or two now that I've killed off a pair of characters.

Which is why it's going to stay open 5ever because I plan on killing off a lot of characters.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:18 am

I apologize for my absence. A post will be up soon, though Costa needs to post.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:20 am

This isn't official yet, but I am considering a hiatus. I'm failing classes right now, I can't find any motivation in my life, and I'm at that stage in life where I am lost, the feeling of drifting aimlessly pervading my psyche and my life.

Stay tuned.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:39 am

Cylarn wrote:This isn't official yet, but I am considering a hiatus. I'm failing classes right now, I can't find any motivation in my life, and I'm at that stage in life where I am lost, the feeling of drifting aimlessly pervading my psyche and my life.

You and me both, brother. I feel that.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Cylarn wrote:This isn't official yet, but I am considering a hiatus. I'm failing classes right now, I can't find any motivation in my life, and I'm at that stage in life where I am lost, the feeling of drifting aimlessly pervading my psyche and my life.

Stay tuned.

Cy, this may sound harsh, but consider it tough love.

Walk away and get your life together. Stop failing classes. If you can't manage that, then find a job you care about. If you can't manage that, then enlist in the armed forces. In the real world, people don't drift aimlessly, because they can't afford to do so: they have to deal with crises, make ends meet, rise to new challenges. They have to live actively and courageously.

I think I know you well enough to know that you want that kind of life. For a young man in your position, there are two ways to get it: change your head, or change everything else.

If you change your head, you find a way to see the life that you have as important to you, with real risks and challenges worth meeting. You see it as a mission with real consequences, and an adventure with real stakes.

If you change everything else, then you start making changes to your life until you have a life that is important to you, that does have real stakes and real consequences and real decisions to make. And that can start with walking away from this site.

I like you. I'd be sorry to see you go. But life is short. Don't waste yours with going through the motions.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:-snip-

I needed this. I really did. This is the third talk I've had about everything that's been going on, and honestly, I'm going to give a better go at being honest with myself. I'm young; I'm aware. Yeah, I dropped out of college, gotten a bit chubby, and have no love life to speak of. However, I'm 21, and I'm much more than who I think I am. I've got the potential; I've just got to find that motivation. I think I'm going to swallow my pride tomorrow, and grow up.

You're a good man, Norv. I look up to you. That meant a lot. I won't completely drop out from here, but I won't be committing as much time here. Hell, if I think about it, I've learned more about writing and grammar from the people I've RP'ed with than from any of my college English classes. I'll keep your post in mind if I need a peptalk, Norv.

On another note, what do you folks think of the Commando system in South Africa?
Last edited by Cylarn on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:04 am

Stay tuned.

We have so much in common on this one part.

Which is bad for both of us.

I feel that too, mate.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:14 am

Primarily, NS is my outlet. It allows me a way to learn, to educate myself, to extinguish the anger inside of me. Norv, I'm taking your words to heart, but I'd be betraying myself if I let this RP die. I can challenge myself by balancing the two, but mark my words: if I can put magnitudes of effort into my posts, I can put twice as much effort into my schoolwork. I've learned a wealth of knowledge from this community, and it'd be stupid for me to suddenly abandon it.

Speaking of effort, I'm hoping that my next text-wall will be dramatic enough for you guys. Costa Fierro has dropped out of the RP, and I have yet to hear from Barapam; I am leaning towards the belief that he/she is busy at the moment. The plot will advance, as will my research paper on the effect that the abolition of the Commando reserve system has had on rural violence in South Africa.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Cylarn wrote:[...] I have yet to hear from Barapam; I am leaning towards the belief that he/she is busy at the moment. The plot will advance, as will my research paper on the effect that the abolition of the Commando reserve system has had on rural violence in South Africa.

Yes, I apologize for that. Given my very tight schedule right now, I won't be able to get a quality post up. Therefore I think I'll take a break from this rp, but I hope to be able to return when things get less busy. Probably next week, or the one after that, but the problem then is that I almost don't have any schedule at all, and just get called in for oddjobs, but it might just as well be as busy then too, I honestly don't know.

Cylarn, good luck with your studies (don't throw them away) and all other things in life. I'm your age too, and don't have much of a clear plan either about my life. My temporary solution is to work my ass off, get money to afford my own place, a car, etc. and then hopefully things will work out. Can't complain though. I like my jobs.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:42 pm

I'll probably have my post up tonight.
Friends call me "Rud."

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:46 pm

I feel like I'm really late with getting an app up, but the RP doesn't appear to be dead and it's going kind of slow (not that that's a bad thing, I'd prefer something a little more slow paced than something that has no problem going through a page or two a day) so I guess I'm not too late.

Alias (If Applicable): N/A

Appearance:

Identifying Marks: In a white trash backwater town like Sheridan, being Middle Eastern looking and wearing a hijab is probably enough of an identifying feature

Skills: Yasmeen served in the Afghan National Army Commandos, in a similar capacity to the Cultural Support Teams that served alongside American special forces in Afghanistan. She has all the same training as any regular ANA Commando, therefore she is skilled with a wide variety of firearms and heavy weapons, as well as military operations and tactics in a wide variety of environments. She also has a good understanding of human psychology. She's fluent in Pashto and Farsi and has a very good understanding of English, although with a noticeable accent, and Arabic.

Primary Specialty: In a nutshell, she's a specialist in close to medium range gun fighting.

Personality: Yasmeen is extremely introverted. She's become less so during her adult years, or at least has been able to force herself to appear as such, but as a child she was extremely shy. This didn't change until she enlisted in the ANA at 18 and as such, she has pretty terrible social skills. On the negative side of this, she can almost be too trusting of people, although for the most part she's starting to figure out when she needs to stick up for herself. She often takes relationships with other people more seriously than she should, regardless of context of the relationship, due to a deep feeling of loneliness.

Weaknesses (Pick at least 2): She's never been diagnosed with either, but she exhibits symptoms of both depression and PTSD and any competent psychologist in the west would be likely to diagnose her with both. Even though she can speak English well enough, she sometimes can have trouble communicating effectively because she doesn't know the right word to use. She's sometimes almost too trusting of people and can be taken advantage of easily when she's in such a state.

Ethnicity: Mixed Pashtun and Tajik

Nationality: Afghan

Likes: Her own fairly liberal interpretation of Islam (to the point where she thinks almost everyone else is doing it wrong), Persian literature, tea, reading about psychology, the adrenaline rush the comes with an intense firefight

Dislikes: Radical Islam, Islamophobia, illicit drugs, men who can't control their sexual desires, people who she views as being too conservative in their values and beliefs, rap music, communism, and finally, the Taliban, although "dislike" might not be harsh enough of a word here.

Fears: She's afraid that one day some American law enforcement agency is going to track her down and have her be extradited to Afghanistan to stand trial for deserting from the ANA.

Reasons for being in Sheridan: She deserted from the ANA after the FOB her unit was operating out of was overrun by the Taliban. She barely escaped and made a long journey to America. She's hiding out in Sheridan until she feels like the Afghan government is going to stop looking for her or until she can have a new identity created.

Occupation: Formerly a Commando in the Afghan National Army, currently unemployed

Faction Affiliation (If any): None for now, she's new in town and doesn't know anyone here yet

Personal Biography (2 or more paragraphs):
Yasmeen was born in Kabul, Afghanistan in 1989. Her parents were killed a few years later and she was raised by one of her uncles, who had been educated at a university in the Soviet Union as an engineer. Unfortunately, with the state Afghanistan was in at the time, having a university education wasn't of much use. With Yasmeen unable to get an education with the country under the control of the Taliban, her uncle educated her at home on his own.

Yasmeen wanted to go to university just like her uncle. But unfortunately, this wouldn't work out for her. By the time the Taliban was overthrown she was already 12 years old, already too old to start having an official education, and no foreign university would ever accept her if she didn't have any sort of official education. She spent all of her teenage years wondering what to do with her life, and constantly worrying that one day her uncle was going to force her into marriage just to get her out of his house. But luckily, this never happened.

At the age of 18, Yasmeen decided to enlist in the Afghan National Army after discovering they were starting to recruit women to serve in the Commandos. This seemed like an excellent opportunity for her to do her part to better her country, sp she jumped on this opportunity. Within a few months, she was sent off for training with hundreds of other women. It was a difficult process, and Yasmeen had considered dropping out several times, but there was something keeping her going. The American trainers in charge of the training program noted that she was extremely dedicated and had good potential as a soldier, and with some training she was already shooting just as well as most of the instructors.

Unfortunately, when Yasmeen was assigned to an active unit, there was rampant sexism. None of the men trusted the women as effective soldiers, and tried to keep them as far away from the action as possible during operations. The NATO forces her unit operated alongside eventually put somewhat of a stop to this, and eventually Yasmeen was able to gain a degree of trust and respect from the men in her unit when she was finally given the chance to prove that she can handle herself under fire.

And then the NATO forces started to leave. The ANA proved to not be quite so effective without foreign support, but Yasmeen still had faith in her country. Then large parts of the country started falling to the Taliban again, but Yasmeen was sure they would kick them out. But the final straw came when her unit was at a forward operating base near Kunduz. They were attacked by a large Taliban force and were eventually overrun. Yasmeen was one of the few to escape. This single event was what totally destroyed her faith in her country. She had seen soldiers who were supposed to be some of the best in the country be overrun. So she deserted the ANA and decided to flee the country altogether, hoping to make it to America.

Getting to America was much less painful and difficult than Yasmeen imagined it would be. She first escaped to Pakistan and after some poking around in the country's criminal underworld, she was pointed in the direction of a human smuggling ring linked to the Russian Mafia who agreed to smuggle her to Los Angeles, in exchange for Yasmeen assassinating a business rival. She was reluctant to do this, the man probably did nothing wrong, but Yasmeen forced herself to believe the man she had to kill was a criminal, and this was his punishment. After carrying out the hit, the Russians held up their end of the deal and within a few months, Yasmeen was getting off a ship at the port of Los Angeles. She had barely any money and had no idea where to go in America, but one of the Russian Mafia's contacts in Los Angeles, who had come to collect whatever else was being smuggled on the ship Yasmeen came on, pointed her in the direction of Sheridan, a town out in the desert where anyone can lay low for a while, try to get rid of any heat before they head off to start a new life. But before this, Yasmeen needed money so she did another quick job for the Russian Mafia, take out some members of an African-American gang who ripped off the Russians. After this, she used her money to buy a cheap car from the Russians, no legitimate dealer was going to sell her one, and drove off towards Sheridan.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:58 pm

I'll get a post up tomorrow.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:22 pm

I'll try for a post soonish.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:12 am

I'll try to post tomorrow.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:08 am

Join the PD, Gvod.

Accepted.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse