NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Ended) [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:40 pm

Last Time, On VTTM

Dead Man's Party
Big-Ass Collab Post

"You want to make a scene?" Polly stepped out of the bathroom where she had been administering some actual medical assistance to herself. Her limbs and face were covered in bandages, cloth and disinfectant powder. It was amateurish, yes, but it was the best she could (or rather, could be bothered to) do. "For the record, I am completely against this strategy but honestly, there are only bad and worse options. I'm game."
Nem picked at the underside of her nails while sitting on the bed, looking up with a rather exasperated expression. "Guys, think this through. Are we starting a fire? Taking hostages? We're less likely to draw out the other hunters, and more likely to get a bunch of guys bashing our heads in with chair legs."

Miria nodded, agreeing with Mnem. "Yeah, and I'm not built for fighting. Civilians are probably easier than those guys back when we were fighting Ganon here but we can only run so far, and I thought we were supposed to be saving them."

Katya shook her head. "I spoke to the inkeeper. He suggested that guests return to their rooms. Of course, it's not an order, and not everyone will go back, but the more that do, the less we have to worry about running into. Now, my plan isn't exactly the one where we stick up everybody in the lobby, but we do need to do something to draw them out, and I'm thinking....well, honestly, I don't have a specific idea of how to do that. However, I think we might be able to do something with these two.", She said, nodding towards Wex and his friend. Wex eyed the young agent. "What? You're going to use us as bait? Over my dead body."

Katya chuckled. "If you want it that way, I can arrange it, but no.", She said, her attention back on the other girls. "Although we can make them think that our guests are in trouble, if not the poor staff member who has appeared to have gone missing in the aftermath of the very unfortunate and very accidental explosion a few halls down. If someone moves to investigate other than ourselves or hotel staff, then it's safe to assume that they're the ones we're looking for. Probably."

Issun couldn't stop staring at Ammy.
He felt almost wrong for the feelings he suddenly had - He didn't like Ammy that way, she was just a friend....right?
Ganon, meanwhile, was looking at the Goddess with a mixed expression. His face was actually hard to read, and it was nearly impossible to figure out what he was thinking.
Eventually, the Demon King spoke.
"I believe, I might be wrong, that the sole reason this...enchantment...spell...whatever you want to call it, broke somewhat for Amaterasu is that she is a God. Perhaps her powers will return before anyone else?"

Marcus made himself known, still pointing his gun at the back of Wex's head. "What if this goes horribly, horribly wrong? What if they send actual staff and we have to capture them - or worse - get into an actual gunfight? We can't, and we don't know that anything will go as planned! I'm not staking my life on chance." he rolled his eyes at the room, grimacing. "Look. We need to make sure that only who we want show up. We don't even have proof that anything that we've been told is true!" "Okay, fine." Polly was placid, and calm as ice. She knelt in front of their captives, looking up at their faces. "Who are you? Why are you here?"

Wex stared at Polly. Katya leaned in, sitting behind the boy now, also watching her prisoner. Miria continued to fervently observe them and Ammy, tapping at her screen and scribbling something down.

"Don't say a word.", The woman said, raising her head, long red locks falling to her shoulder. Wex scoffed. "I'll speak when I want."

"Indeed.", Katya nodded. "Let him speak. I am positively captivated now. What is it that has brought you here? Or, rather, what has brought us all here?"

Wex grinned. "Souls. I thought you understood that by now.", He said. Katya wasn't smiling, but she didn't make any moves either. "Why souls?", She asked. Suddenly, the stranger in the long coat spoke up. "The same reason you need food and water.", He said, stepping forward a foot.

Katya paused, and nodded slowly. "You think so?", She asked. "Or..."

"Something like that.", Wex said, surprisingly calm, surprisingly willing to talk. His red-haired girlfriend looked annoyed.

Ammy narrowed her eyes.
"You are in the presence of the Sun Goddess. I suggest you speak truthfully. Are you demons?"

"You can't, like, eat bean souls? Rabbit spirits? Does it have to be human?" Mark, again, was not amused. "They wouldn't be doing this unless it was necessary. You think a man would hunt and eat bears if he didn't need to? If he wasn't a psycho, I mean. These guys seem pretty new to the whole ordeal, though. One of them's already dead."
Polly glanced at Wex and the woman, just a tad confused. "You're not kids, right? I mean, a 1/7 mortality rate for a hunt is pretty bad for any predator."

"Do we look like we have red skin and pointy tails?", Said Wex's lady friend, before he gave her a look and shut her up.

"The valet? He was new. Not the first, either. He's not the first Sloth. They...tend to not get too far."

"Like the village idiot.", Katya said, giggling. She snapped her fingers. "I think you're onto something, Marcus.", She said. "So...you need souls to live, or, rather, for...oh..."

She looked back at Wex. "Do tell me, love, that young man wasn't the first in his station. So, you've known more? How long have you been at this?", She asked. "You, personally? Your compatriots? I'm very curious."

In the meantime, there was a sound of running water, for someone apparently decided run the shower. In the bathroom, the sound of an honest-to-goodness radio was being tuned into an appropriate song, flipping from commercial, punk-rock, country, before settling on a song. A male voice would sing along to the Jackson Five, moving about in the shower at his leisure.

...Music? Shower? Who else was in their? Katya did a quick look...they were all in the same room, so who was...

Katya's eye began to twitch again. She stared into Wex's soul, but...he looked somewhat vexed as well. Katya's lip quivered. If she thought the embarassment earlier was stressful, then this situation was liable to give her a stroke.

Miria froze, then whispered very quietly. "Should...should I look in there?"

Regardless, the person in the shower would continue to belt out songs as if he was the star of his own rock-concert. The song ended, and the strums of guitars were heard. An energetic "Aw hell yis!" was heard during the musical intro.
"Don't Stop Don't Stop
We're in luck now~!
Don't stop there's so much to be found~!
We can find paradise
All we have to do is go-go free your soul~!
"

Polly took her gun back from Mark, silently approaching the shower. She moved in front of Miria, keeping her body away from the opening arc of the door. She aligned herself with the side which would swing open first and slowly wrapped her hand around the knob, listening. She listened for the sound of the water, and the shower head. The singer's voice was muffled by cloth, but also certainly by the door. It wasn't close to her though, as she could infer from the echo and the pitch. Swinging it inward, she stepped inside and simultaneously pointed the barrel of the gun at the figure in the shower, looking with one eye in each corner and behind her, ensuring that no one else was in the room. "Show yourself! Who are you?"

With a comically girlish squeal, and a washcloth firmly splattered onto her eyes, the figure quickly stumbled out of the shower and grappled the woman for her weapon. "Friggin' perv!" he yelled. "Knock at least if you want in or to join me, or use a camera..."

Another gun was quickly leveled at the man's head.

"I believe my associate said to identify yourself.", She said. "Take any hasty actions, and I'll not hesitate to shoot."

Miria, as docile as she had tended to be, was also apparently riled up, ready to help Polly if things went south. She lowered herself slightly, ready to intercept if the man tried to run. She couldn't afford for their cover to be blown again, and she wouldn't tolerate anyone disrupting her examination one bit. If the information she'd gathered from Ammy and the hostages was any indicator, then she needed to ask them some questions while she had the chance. She wasn't going to let anything disrupt her work.
In the back of the room, the man in the long coat stepped in front of the door, hands still in his pockets. The entire operation had seemed to just go belly-up again, and he wasn't impressed.

"...The man who rented this room? In a shower? ...Can I get a towel-nope, okay then..." the scaled...creature explained. Now that the group was able to inspect him, he was a humanoid, with noticable patches of scales on his limbs, portions of his chest, and along his throat and jowls. His skin was khaki, while his scales were more green/greenish-yellow, and seemed to have an honest-to-God tail that stuck up in alertion, roughly a meter long. He seemed more perturbed at the fact that there were many people in his alleged room, rather than the fact that several people were holding firearms at him. Or that he was stark naked.
Squatting down, he raised his hands, "...This isn't the Beauty-Sleep Inn up in Mistral City, is it?" he ventured.

Issun stared at the naked lizard kid for a moment, then shook his head.
"You know, you could be nice and get the kid a towel..."

"Yeah, that'd be nice. I mean, I don't have a problem being naked. It's just I'd at least like to know who I'm with before...y'know." the reptilian shifted, before glaring at Issun. "And I ain't no "kid". I'm twenty."

Mark, for his part, threw the man a towel. "Can we shape up already? Look, you were in our room. I don't know why, and frankly, I don't want to know. So just... put on some clothes and get out. We don't want you here." Nem jabbed him in the ribs, rolling her eyes and letting out a bemoaned sigh. "Look at the guy. He already knows about the whole hostage thing. It'd be better to keep him around at this point." Polly simply gestured at the towel, indicating that he should dry himself off and step out of the bathroom. They wanted some answers from him, and they'd be doing it without staring at his dick, if it could be avoided at all.

"No, this isn't the proper inn.", Said Katya. "And yes, we'll be taking you prisoner now."

Her smile was honey and sunshine, but her eyes were daggers, and they were aimed right at the young man. "Now, be a dear and cover yourself.", She said; she wagged her gun to one side, gesturing towards the back of them. "Then you can stay there, where we can keep a sharp eye on you. My associates and I have questions, and I'll not have my mission put into further jeapordy by the likes of you."

"I'll be leaving a bad Crier review on this joint." The reptile grumbled and fastened the towel, restoring his decency. "So, y'all got names? You don't look like White Fang operatives to me."

"Our names are not to be disclosed!", Katya snapped. "And you are not to speak! We've business to attend to!"

While Katya and Polly argued with the stranger, Miria couldn't help but think about how he got in there. He obviously wasn't Human; in fact, he looked more conspicuous than she did. She'd never seen him before either. Who was he? He appeared to think that he was somewhere else. It was like he had been plucked up from somewhere like the rest of them.

Ammy transforming, the guy in the shower, the trace arcane energies emanating from them all...wait...arcane energies? Miria hopped away from Wex, and onto the bed so that she wouldn't get in Katya and Polly's way. She was almost like a snake, or perhaps a cat, as she hopped up and quickly maneuvered around Mnemosyne and Marcus. Her spine twisted at a somewhat odd angle, probably painful for a Human, but not so awkward for her to manage. Once she'd maneuvered between them, and past Ganon, she perched herself on the opposite end of the bed, next to her little alcove, on the other side of the strange man. Without a word, she thrust her tablet towards the man, and began to move it up and down, observing him and gathering data.

"You know, speaking of business..."

The sweet voice of Wex's lady friend piped up. The redhead shot a glance Katya's way. "What do you mean your mission?", She asked. Wex quirked his brow, and then seemed to realize something. "Oh yeah...didn't you tell me that you worked in banking? Miss Sterling?"

The woman began to laugh. Katya froze; she could feel her blood running cold, and her face running pale. She stopped smiling. The two hostages decided to press further. "Why don't we end this charade and come clean? You tell us something, we tell you something. Deal?"

"Katya," Marcus began. "Whatever you say, I'm on your side. Do not tell them anything if it jeopardizes our survival. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get out of here alive. Think about this. The information they could give us far, far outweighs whatever personal shit you've got to deal with."
Polly shifted her arm a bit, unsure of who to point the gun at. Whether Marcus was sincere in his offer or not was irrelevant. Currently, Katya was the most dangerous person in the room besides herself and the obviously non-hostile abhumans. For her part, she played along. "Kat, you've proven yourself to be our best shot of getting out of here. We're not going to overreact."
Mnem? she stayed silent, conscientious as ever. She shifted nervously from foot to foot, knowing that Miria's apparent silence signaled a potentially dire situation. The scales were shifting. She had to be ready for whatever came next.

Miria honestly hadn't been silent because of the situation around her, but rather because she was intrigued by the strange events surrounding that situation. After coming a little too close to the newcomer and tapping away at whatever program she was running on that tablet of hers, she turned the device off, and slinked back onto the bed, where she sat Indian-style and turned her attention to Katya.

Katya was, frankly, shocked. She was unnerved. She'd gotten onto Marcus about slipping up, but there she had just made the same mistake, and her opponent was quick to pick up on it.

She remained frozen for a long, quiet moment. Miria tensed up. The longcoat man cocked his head, curious. Wex looked smug as ever.

Katya shuddered, took in a long, deep breath, and...began to laugh. Well, she chuckled, anyways, placing right hand into her coat pocket. "Alright then.", She said, shrugging. "You want me to tell you something? Fine then.", She said. Something moved in her right coat pocket, before the yanked her hand back out. Wex tensed up. Miria prepared for Katya to pull out some weapon other than the pistol she already had, but instead...it was her wallet. Out it flipped, revealing her ID. "Ektarina Dimitrova", the name rolled off of her tongue. "Bureau of Abhuman Affairs of the Russian Federation. This is officially an arrest.", She said. Wex actually looked rather shocked. The woman beside him piped up. "Wait, you're Russian? Can you even arrest us?"
"Who will stop me?", She asked, as she glared down at the two. She tucked her wallet away, but just a moment later she leveled her gun again, and then pressed it against Wex's knee, aiming down his shin. "Now, since I've given you information, you're going to give me some, isn't that the agreement?"

"You still haven't explained why you're really here, or what your mission is.", He said. "I thought you said you were hear to relax, and-"

Katya dug her pistol into his knee. "That's not important. Tell us what we want to know.", She ordered. She was trying to keep Wex from pressing on her "mission" further, and it did seem as though bringing it up made her uneasy around the rest of the gang. She knew that Marcus was right, that she should just spill the beans and not let them get her worked up, because they needed the information, but...she was worried. She was very clearly worried.
She pressed the gun harder against his leg...but she couldn't pull the trigger. Was she bluffing, or choking? She wasn't acting right, for sure.

In the back of the group, Miria finally piped up, addressing Katya. "What are you hiding?"
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:41 pm

Dead Man's Party
Mega-Collab, Cont.

Issun started hopping up and down
"Whoa whoa whoa! Are you some sorta spy or something?!"
he stopped hopping up and down for a bit
"If so...I wonder why you didn't tell us earlier...Or maybe you did and I just forgot."

"I'm no spy.", She said, sighing. "At least, I'm not a spy at the moment. If you really must know what if is that I have to hide from the lot of you, then fine! I'll tell you all, right now!"

She stepped back, but still jabbed her pistol towards the prisoners, and pointed towards her nonfunctioning equipment on the dressers. "I was assigned to investigate a myriad of paranormal anomalies and incidents happening in Britain when the freqeuncy and size of such events began to rise dramatically a week ago. The Department of Abhuman Affairs is tied to ICARUS, which is a state-run organization dedicated to the defense of Mankind from Paranormal, Extraterrestrial, and other Abhuman threats. Simply put, I was sent to find out what the hell was going on in this country, and it was supposed to stay hush-hush, but low and behold when I find myself bumping into that AEGIS organization in the same place, and then I run into you, and then we all just happen to end up involved in a city-destroying battle in London!"

Katya threw her arms up suddenly, causing the prisoners to jump. "And I was content! I was happy! My work was over, the cause of the incidents were discovered, and sure, while London was destroyed, it's no skin off my back because it's another country! But then my equipment is still ticking, and reports are still coming my way, and next thing I know, I'm being told that my job isn't over. There's still some unusual reports and readings from other agents that point me to this place, and so I begin to think two things - one, I'm tired and want to go home, and two, if Czernobog wasn't all that was running amok in this place, then what else could be hiding? How would I handle things if I uncovered some demon on my own?"
The gang's mysterious friend by the door laughed. "So you tricked these bastards into coming with y-"

"I didn't trick anyone.", Katya said, jabbing a finger his way. "It's lying by omission, and also, you're an ass!"

She swung back towards the group around the bed; she could feel her legs shaking. "Yes, I was aware that there was something else here, but I'm being honest when I say that I believed it to not be so big an issue! I didn't expect us to be locked in a proverbial cage! I didn't expect for your powers to be taken! I expected to treat you to a nice stay at a nice hotel, and in my head, I saw us putting a swift end to whatever it was that was making people disappear and getting so many anomalous reports filed, and then just passing it off as coincidence and letting you all enjoy your stay and having a happy ending, but it wasn't that simple! And..and..and..."

Aaaaaand she collapsed, falling to her knees on the floor. "And I'm in over my head. I'm a fool."

Those last words were particularly difficult for her to say. She looked deflated after the entire thing. She looked a lot smaller.

Mnemosyne flinched, and took a step back as Katya fell down. Her back to the plaster, and her eyes trained on the woman's face, she knotted the muscles in her cheeks and around her eyes, raising one hand ever so slightly. "You wanted us here because you were afraid?" "Nem." Mark inched closer to Polly, expressionless and unmoving. "Don't do this. Not now." she spat out a chuckle, pinching the bridge of her nose; "Why not? We're just shields to her. You think your promise still stands, knowing we were lied to?" "I'm with Nem here." he looked toward Polly, her finger still on the trigger. "You think you're any different? Little miss 'I'm going to take on the world'? You just want to be the leader again but let me tell you one thing; nobody needs your protection, Delilah." her hands twitched. "This isn't about me. I'm not trying to replace Katya here, I'm saying that working with her is a bad idea. She's been using us this whole time. When a crisis comes, when the chips are down, I need to know that we won't be sold out." he retaliated with a smirk, and a hiss. "Don't play that card. You've gotten us in worse shit before, all to serve your little heroic narrative. Turning us into terrorists, advocating for a criminal; how many hundreds did we kill, hmm? How many did you kidnap, how many things did you convince us to do, all so you could 'save the day'?"

Katya looked up at Polly. "I've no intention of selling you out! What reason would I have to do this is I intended to do so?"

For Miria's part, she was...actually...impressed? Miria would have been stuck away from home regardless of whether she stayed or went with Katya, so her being dragged along wasn't so much of an issue to her as the threat of death that came with it. However, unlike the others, Miria found Katya's reasoning quite pragmatic. Alone, against an Abhuman opponent of unknown strength or numbers, she had little chance of survival, but with a collective of much stronger allies at her disposal, those chances increased tenfold. Was it immoral? Of course, but when one's life was potentially on the line, morals mattered little.

"I don't blame her.", Miria said, nodding. "It's devilish, but considering the position she might have been in without us so far, it's justifiable. Of course, that's probably the reptile in me speaking."

She nodded again. However, this time, she narrowed her eyes. "Plus, she might have had a shady reason to mislead us, but she hasn't turned on us yet. Also, I think I should bring up, that us being put into this mess has provided us with two potential boons - My crystal, and Mnemosyne's corporeality."

Polly rolled her head and her eyes, fixing the room with a belaboured grimace. "Seriously? Kat, you've just proven to the room that you brought us here to save you from having to do your own job. You could've come out in the beginning-" "And would you have helped? Would you have saved her life?" Nem screamed across the room: "We already have! Czernobog was her responsibility! Not ours! We took down that monster." the other woman smiled, having to look away for a moment, concealing her face behind her elbow. "That's right, Mark. If it weren't for me, where would you be? In a stone, that's where. This whole time you've been reliant on others, unwilling to do anything but watch. You owe your life to me, Marcus. Don't get ahead of yourself now." he stepped forward, only to find himself at the end of a barrel. He pressed forward anyway, stepping right up to the muzzle. Mnemosyne shied away, creeping around the two, who stood opposite one another. "I never asked for your help. I would've been fine, without a 'nice gal' looking over my shoulder like a doting mom."
Polly glanced down, blinking and twisting her lip. She clenched her fist, and for a moment, her finger tensed up. "Marcus, just... trust me on this one. I can get us out of here, and, I don't think Katya brings anything to the table, alright? I'm trying to save your damn lives." she looked around. Faces she knew, faces she didn't, all staring. "I'm trying to protect you. Every single one of you! Who got Madison out of prison? Who saved us from the ministry? I know I'm not perfect, but I'm doing my best! This agent, this fucken' spy, cannot be trusted!" she fixed her gaze upon Nem, trying to shrink into a corner. "Sit down." the girl put up her hands, "This isn't a competition. Kat's not a threat. She's stuck here, like us." she gestured with the pistol, now using it as a tool of intimidation. "There can only be one director. One person, who has the good of the group in mind. I think we've seen just how unreliable the Russian is." "We can be equals! We can get out this together!" "We were together when Czernobog nearly killed us! We were together, when we were nearly executed by The Ministry. Don't you get it!? You need me, just like you need your host!" she hardly finished her speech before backing up. "I mean, no- you... you're better off with me. You know that."
"Look at you." Marcus, a good distance away, spat out his words. "You're so demanding, so controlling. Would it kill you to trust someone else, for once?" "It would." "If faith gets people killed, then shoot me; because I trusted you." Polly turned her head, arm shaking as it pulled back, falling to her hip, and sliding it into her pocket. "If you follow Katya, I can't guarantee anything. If you come with me, at least I'll do what I can." she stepped to the door, placing her hand on the handle. The others, keeping their distance, watched as Mnemosyne ran forward, throwing out her arm and pulling her back. "You do not get to walk out on this." she leaned into Polly, both hands on her collar. "Stop throwing a tantrum, and accept that no matter what, we're all caked in the same cow's shit." she let her head hang, before letting go of the woman, and letting her arms drop. "Look, I agree, that Katya isn't trustworthy. If you don't want her to be in charge, that's fine. But don't force us to decide between you, and her." Polly nodded. "Then I won't make you." she drew the door open, and clicked it shut behind her.

The rest of the room felt...tense.

Miria shuddered. For a moment, she began to move to get up, to follow Polly, but...she needed to ask some questions before she even left the room. Star knew when she would have the chance to ask her questions again, if she could ask them. "We shouldn't let her go off alone.", She said, shaking her head.

Katya cursed. "I thought we wouldn't let secrets ruin this.", She said aloud, grimacing. "I shouldn't have lied to begin with. Damnit. Damnit, damnit, damnit.", She muttered. In an instant, Katya shot back up, although she stowed her pistol. She waltzed past Marcus and Mnemosyne and flung the door open, stepping partway out in the hopes of catching Polly. "Wait!", She cried; she stood straight, and stiffened her back. "If you don't trust me, then fine! Look, I still intend to help everyone out alive, and I'm not lying! If you don't think you can trust me, however..."

She looked back at the rest of the gang, then back out to Polly. "Look...I still think I can help lead us all out of this...I just needed help. I should have asked. I'm not some super spy or Hollywood hero, I'm not even all that experienced with this job..I know I've made a mistake, so...if you think you'd be better off in charge, then go ahead. If everyone wants me to hand the reigns over, then they're yours.", She said. "But don't think I intend to let you die. I've never had that intention. I just think that...well, if everyone thinks we have a better chance with...you know..."

Katya began to kick at the ground, struggling to say what she needed to. "If they think you're better, then you should take control."

Meanwhile, in the back of the room, the two prisoners seemed to squirm a bit, but they settled down quickly.

Polly swiveled on one foot, locking eyes with the agent and putting both hands on her chest. "Look, at this point, 'leader' is meaningless. I'm not leaving because nobody's going to do what I say. I am fine. Really. Just give me some down time, alright? ... thanks for being honest, I guess." Nem ran into the corridor, only to see her disappearing around the corner. She waited a few seconds, and then... "loathsome piece of shit." she ducked back into the room, slamming the door behind herself. Marcus sat at a table, head in his hands. "Why... why does it always end like this?" he looked up at Kat, hands interlocked. "Sorry. I, umm, shouldn't have lost my cool there." Nem pulled out a different chair and set it in front of Wex and the woman, falling onto the cushion. "Do either of you want to talk yet? 'Cause fuck me, this day couldn't get any worse."

Next to the other newcomer, who'd witnessed the spat, Miria leaned in. "Welcome to our group.", She whispered. Then, the small girl hopped to, clambering off of the bed. "Marcus.", She said, stretching in place. "You alright? I think maybe we should meditate if we're feeling stressed.", She said. "Meditation is how people clear their minds and relieve themselves of stress. It's good for your spiritual wellbeing. I know some mantras if they'll come in handy."

She craned her head, looking over at Mnemosyne and Wex. "I have some questions too.", She said, interjecting just long enough before Marcus could reply. Katya piped up as well, returning into the room. "I've still got my questions as well. How old are you? What's your method of operation?"

Marcus flicked his head from side to side like a drying dog, pulling his fingers throughout his hair. "I don't- I'm... I don't need to meditate, Miria. I think that calming down is the last thing I want to do right now. It'll just set me up to crash again."

Marcus flicked his head from side to side like a drying dog, pulling his fingers throughout his hair. "I don't- I'm... I don't need to meditate, Miria. I think that calming down is the last thing I want to do right now. It'll just set me up to crash again."

Miria leaned back, letting her head tilt towards Marcus. "You sure?", She asked, frowning. "I won't say you should definitely do it, but still..."

Bah, what was she saying? Maybe he was right, in some way. Maybe trying to meditate wasn't so great when they needed to be alert and on edge, but she knew that all the stress was getting to people. It was getting to everyone; funny enough, she wasn't as tired, compared to when she'd been caught up in London.

Meanwhile, Katya pressed her prisoners further. Mister Wex looked the woman in the eye, the two staring each other down. Finally, he sighed, and let his head rest.

"I'm ninety."

Katya's eyes were the size of dinner plates. Miria whipped her head back as well, somewhat confused. She thought Humans aged faster than her people; why was that guy so damn youthful?

Mnem gave them a wry smile, gently pinching her cheek. "You don't look so bad for such an old man. What's your secret? Good shampoo? Makeup? The souls of the innocent?" she leaned in a little closer, hopping a step forward while impressively, never moving off of her chair. "But really, I want to know. What was your game plan here, bringing us all together? You shoulda known that there were people in our group who weren't... typical, right? Seems like bad tactics, roping in a literal god and Hannibal the Wizard." Mark, in the mean time, put a hand to his upper lip and pondered their circumstances. I would write a long internal soliloquy here but that shit's both boring and self-congratulatory meandering disguised as character development. "Hey, half of us aren't even human. Wex, could you be convinced to strike us a deal? Let the abhumans out. You can't eat 'em, after all."

"As generous as it would be - and I do like being generous - surely you realize that I can't just let a witness out. After all, what's stopping them from coming back, or spreading word of us?", Wex replied.

"And who knows if you can eat those souls? Better to try and find out than to go without.", The man said, still smug as ever, if exasperated. Katya, after giving Mnem a coy look for her snappy retort, turned back to Wex and cackled, a dry, unamused chuckle. "Who Dares, Wins.", She drawled. "It's a tempting catch. Why go for tuna when you can catch salmon?", She asked. "Of course, I'm no fishing expert, but I believe you understand what I mean."

"So, then.", She said, leaning in, placing both hands on the man's lap and moving closer to his face. "That's how you stay young, then? We understand that this isn't the first time that you and your compatriots have made an event of this. So, what, are you telling us all this because you're sure you can turn this around and kill us all anyways?"

Wex shrugged. "Something like that.", He replied. Katya was unphased.

Meanwhile, Miria began to tap her foot, and instinctively crossed her arms. She wanted to ask her question, but...when?

Mnemosyne stood and pulled Mark aside, the two of them stepping to the corner for a moment. "Nem, they just admitted that they exist outside of their hunting grounds. And what's more, they exist on Earth. Chances are that somebody here, or at least out there, knows about them." "How does that help us? All we know now is that they don't want us to get a message out, not that it's possible. I doubt AEGIS tracked us here, either. Even if they did, what could they do? Marvel at the crater the hotel left behind?" Marcus pondered the question for a moment, finger on his chin. "They wouldn't do something so obvious. We've been here for hours now. if these hunters were working physically, or at least obviously, they would've been taken down a long time ago. That, or Katya would already know about them. They've probably covered up the disappearance, somehow." "Whaddya think that means? My guess is that they're illusionists." "Possibly, but knowing that it's a possibility doesn't help us at all."

Mnem walked back toward their captives, quite unsure of how to proceed. They'd only give up information if it seemed useless to them. Trading tactical intel was completely off the table, then. She'd just have to trick them into talking, somehow. "You're like experts, aren't you? The best of your species, or at least the boldest. You guys got families? Friends? Do you know what families are?"

Both prisoners quirked their brows, as if to ask Mnemosyne "Are you daft?", as if being asked whether or not they had families was the strangest thing to be brought up that night. "Do we know what families are, pfft. We gotta come from somewhere.", Wex said, rolling his eyes. "But you're an old man.", Said Katya. "I'm fairly certain that your family is long dead. What about you?", She asked the woman. She scoffed. "It's not polite to-" "-to ask a woman her age, right.", Said Katya, finishing the sentence herself; she was fairly acquainted with that particular phrase herself. "You're an uncooperative one, aren't you?"

Miria began to tap her foot faster, harder...

"Look", Wex spoke up again. This time, however, he sounded a bit on edge, or angry. "I can't tell you how this works.", He said, stamping his foot. "It's like...a feeling. You don't know how, you just do it. That's how I always thought of it. Ever since we made a deal, years back."

"A deal?", Katya asked. A hand fell on her shoulder. "A deal with the devil. Well, maybe not the devil, but...that's what I reckon it is.", Said their strange compatriot. Wex looked up. "And how do you know that? Do I know you?"

The man in the trenchcoat shrugged. "You might. You might not. What I will tell you is that I've been on your trail a lot longer than these kids.", He said, hat still tipped down, covering his face. Katya nodded and sighed. "Indeed. We've just been roped in...well, everyone else has, I knew what I was getting into, but...er...wait, wait, did you say the devil?"

Devils, soul-earing...Miria's annoyance...looks like they'd be asking questions for a bit longer...and that was on top of their plans being interrupted...

Meanwhile, and on a completely different note: Polly was still being a cunt.
She had to be self aware about these kinds of things, though. It wasn't that she didn't know how unreasonable she could be, it was that she didn't try to stop herself. Emotions were running wild down here, people were acting out of turn all around her. Not as if she was some kind of pillar of stability, right? Couldn't be expected to handle everything the world slung at her, even when it seemed like her job, her acquaintances and her situation were all demanding that she do dsomething to fix the problem. She was just... tired, she supposed. Although, come to think of it, she'd kind of taken it upon herself to fix every issue anyway. Christ, she was torn between feeling embarrassed, sorry for herself, and wanting to walk right back into that room to slug Kat and Mark in the face.
This whole month had been pretty shit, really. She'd found a boy in a rock, gotten near killed by a black monster of crystallized hate, had to watch herself committing acts of terrorism, participated in a genocide, forced an entire people's exodus... it seemed like everywhere she turned, no matter her intentions, she always came right round back to the same place: the easy way out. 'Cuz honestly, it was just simple. Violence was almost basic to her at this point. She hardly felt herself bleed, let alone consider the notion of surrender. Everything simultaneously worked out right and wrong for her.

Hm. Could probably go for a drink, actually. Gin and cola, atrocious as the combination sounded, had been her drink of choice until... actually, she couldn't really remember. How old was she, anyway? The days had blended into one another, and she'd busted her calendar almost a dozen dimensions ago. Every memory from before her departure was fuzzy. She vaguely remembered some faces. People she'd known, people she'd left behind. Not many, maybe three or four. Her father, an acquaintance, a mentor. Nobody took up this job unless they felt like there was nothing to lose, nothing to yearn for while they were away. Truth be told, she'd never thought about what she'd do once she went back, if ever.
Buy a car? Get a mortgage? Have some casual sex? Nah, she was too old for the last one. Fuck, she didn't even know if she'd have anything to go back to. It felt like she'd spent more time away than she'd spent at home. Would it feel alien to her now? Seem as unfamiliar and distressing as every other new world? She breathed out, and shut her eyes. This was no time to panic. Just do as she'd always done: forget and repress.
She stood still in the hallway, letting silence wrap around her. A few floors up, feet stomped and glass shattered. In the distance, muffled shouts and metallic clangs rang out. And right next to her, just down the hall, just a little sobbing echoed throughout.
She raised her back leg, only for it to stick to the carpet. With a glance, she caught sight of a few red drops on the ground, staining her soles. The fuck? Down the corridor, cries of distress were cut short, taken over by somewhat stilted conversation. There was pause, and then a loud thump.

It was one of the rooms at the end of the hallway, next to one of the stairwells down to the lobby. The thud was the last of the banging noises, although if Polly listened closely enough, she would be able to make out the very muffled sound of something heavy being dragged.

That, and voices.

"Another one bites the dust, eh? Eh?", Came one voice, a man's voice, with a Spanish accent. The next, a deep, burly tone, sighed. "Leave the music puns for Rose. She's the singer, after all."

"And I'm not?"

"You're voice is like nails on a chalk board."

A chuckle from the Spanish voice. "I'll sing circles around her. Want to make a bet on it?"

"Like hell.", Said the burly man. "You always cheat anyways."

Below the door, just barely noticeable, a twinge of red soaked into the carpet. The Burly voice cursed. "Damnit, Ricardo, you're being too sloppy here.", He said, groaning. The Spanish man - presumably "Ricardo" - jabbed back. "Excuse me, amigo. At least the bitch is dead, that's all that matters. Now, uh...why don't we do the deed?"

The...deed? What was "the deed" anyways? The burly man replied. "Fuck...sure...might as well fill up, before they go bad. Can't go wasting anything."

Well, that wasn't suspicious at all. Polly found herself clinging to a wall, inching along the stained plaster. What was she doing? Did she have a death wish or something? She seriously considered going around the bend and pumping lead into the three amigos' heads before logic took over and convinced her to stay and gather some intel. She kept low, prowling ever so slowly toward the end of the hall. These people were almost definitely the hunters but even if her hunch turned out to be wrong, they were still murderers. She desperately wanted to take a peek and see them in the act of feeding but at the same time she understood that these people were dangerous, armed and highly experienced. Sloth had been an odd one out: the rookie destined for death. The three she was listening to were too self assured, too incautious to take on in a straight fight.

The room was dimly lit, but still bright enough to see what was happening without too much trouble. Two - no, three - bodies were on the floor, while the two killers stood above them. The first, standing closer to the light, was a middle-aged Latino man with dark hair, geled and combed back. The other's face was too obscured, but he was bulky, and black, if the colour of his hands was any indicator. The bulky man leaned back against a table, gabbing a cloth to wipe a knife clean, while the Latino man, Ricardo, bent over to hoist one of the bodies up. Grabbing the body of a woman in formal attire, his fingers dug into her torso. The air rushing from under the door was cool and clamy, the light inside beginning to flicker just faintly, and a soft, almost luminescent steam began to slowly rise from the woman. Then, her skin began to grow pale...it began to stretch thin, almost like it was drying out, or if all of the moisture and life was being pulled from it.

The black man turned away, swearing. "I always hate that.", He said. "Feels good, but don't look good. Just like Grandma's cooking."

Ricardo chuckled. "Just like my Ex. Just a little more juice left. You can take the other two."

Polly kept her eyes on the feeding process, trying to figure out how it worked. Did it require bodily contact? If so, where on the body? How much did it invigorate the feeder? Could it be used on a living, resisting target? It was near impossible to resist the urge to just burst in and start shooting. None of them appeared to be armed but considering their experience and confidence, it certainly seemed that such a 'plan' could only end in disaster. Nevertheless, she drew her handgun and clasped it in both clammy hands.

"Last two, then?", The burly man asked. The Spanish one nodded. "We got more rooms anyways."

"True.", His compatriot replied. "By the way...whatever happened to Rose and Wex? I thought they were going to grab a few and then come back to the lobby. They left before we did."

"No idea, Amigo.", Said Ricardo, tossing the body aside. "Ain't seen Norm either. Dumb kid busted up those piped though. Did it blow? The fuck was he thinking."

Well, that explained the gas leaks...

"Being lazy.", Said the black man. "Guess if he could just bang a pipe up and nab a handful of people, then it's less work than chasing them down himself."

"Yeah, good luck with that...maybe...actually, he hasn't returned either. Think his plan worked?"

"Maybe. Saw a few folks go back down earlier, covered in blood."

"Hey, maybe the dumb-ass blew himself up.", Ricardo said, chuckling.

The black man laughed, too. "Yeah, maybe. Maybe that's where Wex and Rose are, handling what's left of his ass. Whadya say we go look for'em in a few, if they aren't back downstairs?"

Well that wasn't alarming at all. Polly, almost as soon as the duo hinted that they might return to the room, got up and broke into as quiet a jog as she could manage, holstering her weapon and half-running back toward Rose and Wex. What would she find, though? If these things could drain peoples' lives just through skin contact, might they have gotten out already? Jesus christ, she'd even taken half their firepower with her. She agitatedly whipped the door into the hotel room, knowing that she had some time at least before the three actually showed up. "I found two of them downstairs. Two men and a woman. I got one of their names: Ricardo. The other's a big black man. They got three people, killed 'em on skin contact. They'll be looking for their pals very, very soon. We have to run."
Marcus stood up, immediately taking two long strides toward her. "Hold your horses, Polly. Do they know where we are? What's going on?"
"Neither of them know that we killed sloth, or that we're keeping their compatriots here."
"Then what's the point in moving? We'll just be opening ourselves up!"
Polly drew her pistol, keeping it low. "I don't mean we need to move the prisoners, I mean we need to get out of here." she pointed at Wex with her free hand. "They can't tell us anything else. We should dispose of them now while we still have the chance. But first, we have to move them to another spot. If the other sins realize these two died in Kat's room, they'll know who to look for."

Two voices piped up simultaneously after Polly and Marcus.

Katya perked up, slamming one fist into the other. "If they don't know about us, then we can mobilize quickly! If they haven't moved, then we can dispose of them before they know what hit them! Smashing!"

Miria hopped up and down behind her, waving her arms, about to have a nervous fit again. "W-wait! No! We can't kill these two!", She whined, gritting her teeth. "We can capture them without killing! I still have questions for them! I still need to know how their magic works! I need to know how Mnemosyne is here! I need to know if this energy can recharge my crystal!!!"

Mnem took to her soapbox, also shouting across the room. "Miria is right! We can't just execute them, and there's still a lot we don't know about them. And if it's possible that they're the people keeping me real, then I deserve to know how they're doing it!"
Polly spoke as calmly as she could've, yet more vitriolically than she should've. "This isn't a debate, Nem. We have to get rid of them, now. Do you want two sides, humans and sins, hitting us at once? We have a third of their remaining guys in our grasp. We have to take this opportunity." Mark stared her down; "We're above killing for convenience, Delilah. I want to know whether Nem can stick around, too!" "You might think that's worth your life, but is it worth everyone else's? I'm not going to endanger all of us for the sake of one, maybe two people." Nem seemed to begin a response, but fell back. She knew that it'd be taken as mere selfishness.

Miria hissed. "I'm not about to lose my best chance to find a way home before I know if it can work or not!", She said, balling her hands into fists. Between her and Polly, Katya and the stranger both stepped in, Katya with her hands on her hips. "I'm not about to have our mission jeapordized a second time by allowing our targets to slip away or catch wind of us.", She said. The man nodded, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Some of these folks have been doing this for decades. Are you really going to let them continue and put more lives in danger?"

Miria had had enough. "Oh, excuse me!", She cried, rolling her eyes. She stuck both hands up beside her head, sticking out her tongue and mocking the two in what could only be described as an even lispier, more nasally, annoying version of her own voice. "Miss "I'm a state dog who's only pushing the attack now that I have friends, because I'm a dumb Human who can't handle a few two-bit wannabe liches" and Mister "I can't show my face, I don't have a name, but totally trust me, okay guys?" over here.", She whined, continuing on. "I'm Katya, I shoot first and ask questions later. I blow up hallways and kill people, and I take drugs to cope with my axiety. I'm Mister Trenchcoat, I boss people around and look funny. I'm Polly, I run off on my own and shoot people, and I have trust issues!"

Katya leaned forward to smack Miria across the head; Miria jumped back, landing on her hands and feet on the bed and hissing again, loudly. Katya shook her fist while Miria continued to hiss for several seconds, before quickly bolting over to Mnemosyne, where she began to rock back and forth and pump her fists in a nervous fit.

"You're acting like a child!", Katya snapped, sighing and rubbing her temple. "I'm not saying we should ignore the issues that you two have brought up, but Polly has a point; we should capitalize on this while we can."

Mnem took one look at Miri, and then levelled her gaze back at Katya. "Let's think about this for a second. We don't know anything about these people besides the fact that they're here to kill us. We have nothing to work off of, no weaknesses to exploit. If we kill these two now-" Polly interjected; "Exactly! We know they're vulnerable to bullets and that's all we need to know. If we can kill them, we can fight them." Marcus was having none of it. "Then we should use them as hostages! Not openly or anything, but we should let their friends know that we have their partners under lock and key. If we let anyone besides the sins know, we'll be reported to the hotel staff. If we let them know where we're keeping our captives, they'll break in with the public's help. We should send a negotiator with a phone, or a radio, or something else we can use to confirm that we've got hostages. That way, we can convince them to let us out. We don't need to kill them all, only convince them that this hunt isn't worth it."

"But then what?", Katya asked, tapping her foot now. "We let them go? We need to apprehend these people; even if we can be let loose, other innocent people are in danger, and others have already died. There need to be justice!"

From her corner, Miria began to fidget. As soon as she'd settled by Mnemosyne, she'd jumped back up, pacing back and forth, pumping her fists and humming loudly with her eyes closed. She needed to calm down...she needed to relax; "calm down calm down calm down" She mumbled aloud, doing her best to cool off and focus. "Calm down calm down calm down calm down....calm down calm down...calm...down..."

"Mr. Trenchcoat" shook his head. "Comms are busted, remember? Lights are on, but our tech? Zilch. No signal."

Katya groaned. "Right...I just remembered that as well...damnit!", She whined. "Still, if we consider...one is down, we have two right here, another two possibly within our reach...that's five that we could dispatch without any major struggle. That only leaves us with two to go!"

Miria continued to mumble, but she eventually came to, finally, and ready to speak again. "Wait...wait wait wait...uh...ummmm...wait...", She said, shaking her head, still pumping her fists up and down. "Uh...look, we still shouldn't kill...buuut...wh-what if someone stayed back to keep an eye on these two?", She asked. "I can do that. I'm, um...I'm kinda small, but these two are tied up anyways, so I can keep watch, and all you big people can go hunt, right?"

She looked desperate. "Please. I need this chance."

Polly put away her gun, tilting her head. "What do you mean? Nobody's going to agree to leave you here with them. They can kill you on contact." Mark raised his hand. "They haven't offed me, yet." Polly waved her hands about: "Well, you're... you haven't touched them yet, have you? And besides! Katya has a gun." "Then give Miria a weapon! She's volunteering to take care of the hostages while we deal with the problem. This is the best solution we have." "That makes it okay to leave her alone with two serial killers? What'll happen if somebody walks in? What if another guy like mr. shower over here appears outta nowhere? We are not splitting up, and that is final!" Mnem leapt into the fray, pointing her finger. "You split up just earlier! And I'm not even talkin' about ten minutes ago! You and Miria alone, investigating a god damn gas leak; you know how stupid you sound telling us not to go off on our own, when you're the one who's always doing it!?" "I know how to handle myself. Now..." she raised her hands, taking a stride backward. "How about we all just calm down, and figure out a solution to this problem that doesn't end up killing one of us?"
Marcus nodded. color=#008080]"I think we should leave Miria here to guard the prisoners while we go out and deal with the search party. They don't know what we look like, but you've seen their faces, Polly. With the two guns between us, we should be able to off 'em pretty fast."[/color] Polly let out a breath, shutting her eyes for a moment. "I still think we should practice avoidance. Move the hostages somewhere else and hide until we've got all our enemies' names, faces, positions, personalities and weaknesses. Strategy comes before action, in my opinion."

Katya seemed to be engrossed in thought, until she began to smirk. "Wait a minute.", She said, snapping her fingers. "If we go attacking willy-nilly, then they could get the other guests to help them, but the same thing can be said for them.", She said. "And they have attacked first. Now, I know I'm nowhere near my actual jurisdiction, but if I were to, say, show my badge and say that we need assistance in an investigation, then do you think that perhaps we can ensure that we won't be grouped up on?"

She shrugged. "It's just a suggestion. I mean, I'm not English officer or agent, but a badge and some state authority has to count for something, right? International Incidents be damned."

Miria sighed, piping up from the corner again. She began to open her mouth to say something, but stopped herself, shaking her head and returning to her pacing.

"... shit, Kat. You sure you won't have people swarming you for help?" Polly curled her lip, setting her eyes on the carpet. "I used to carry my badge with me and that caused a lotta problems, but..." "Hey," Mnemosyne began, "It's better than any of the other plans we've come up with. I say we take a chance and try to earn the hotel's trust." she lowered her voice conspiratorially, trying to keep Wex and Rose from hearing her. "Plus, we've got two people in here with us who we can expose as the real villains. Have any of you got a recording device? I don't think the public are going to listen to half a dozen abhumans and government agents telling them who's good and who's bad."

Issue took out a paintbrush and scroll from nowhere.
"I’ve got a scroll and paintbrush. Would that work?”

"I supposed I may be swarmed, but...well, maybe that would mean that you have less potential witnesses when you're all off fighting?", Katya said. "I'm not sure. I think it may be worth a try, at any rate."

Miria took a deep breath, exhaled, and then returned to the middle of the room to rejoin the conversation. Leaning over Ammy's shoulder, she took a glimpse of her tools, and clicked her tongue. "Like writing a transcript? I don't think that will convince everyone though. For all they know, we could just be making it up. However...", Miria trailed off. "I think my tablet can record stuff? I use it for other stuff besides work, anyways. I can keep it on, if I stay here. If not, someone else can handle it. It shouldn't be too different from Human tablets, I think. Wait, is that scroll, like, magic or something, or just a normal scroll?"

Issun looked at the scroll
"I dunno. It could be magical. Let's test the idea, shall we?"

"Ooo! Sure.", Miria nodded. "Try to record me, I guess?", She said, pumping her fists like before, although this time with more energy and gusto. "Do it do it do it do it!"

Issun gazed at Miria with confusion, then did a double take at the scroll and paintbrush. The paintbrush was making brush strokes on its own. The picture depicted Miria with her fists in the air, with movement motion strokes, and the words she had said were beside her written in some form of Japanese.
"...Wow. This hasn't happened before. We really just need a written testimony right? Cause if so, this works."

Miria squealed in delight, then began to giggle. "It's like a comic!", She said, absolutely amazed by the magic scroll. It was a bit of a relief, having something to catch her attention and make her feel better after her earlier incident.

Katya looked at the scroll as well, and nodded. "Actually, this just might work. I suppose if we keep one item here for these two, and then take the other to use for our other friends, then we shouldn't have too much trouble acquiring evidence."

"but if the scroll can be destroyed, what's to stop them from destroying it?" questioned the Sun Goddess.
Issun tried to tear the scroll a bit but nothing happened.
"Looks like the other Divine Brush Gods are looking down on us, Ammy! Though I wonder what will happen when you get your powers back. Will you go back to being a wolf?
"I do not know, Issun. However, if that does happen, then I shall adapt, as I always have."
Miria grinned. "Untearable magic paper. Cool."

Nem gestured at the hostages, raising her voice just a peep. "Record this. Pull me away if they start doing the... sucky thing." she spun around and strode right up to the hostages, kneeling in front of Rose and picking at her cheek. "You know, I still don't have a name for you guys. Are you wearing the skin of your victims, or do you seriously just look human? Seems kind of like cannibalism, to be honest."

Miria quickly reached for her tablet and activated it for Mnem. She cocked her head, though, and hummed. "They touched me earlier and didn't do any sucky stuff.", She said. "Well, except for pointing a gun at me. I think it was probably a bad idea to snatch me up though. Better as a hostage, maybe."

Katya shrugged. "It would be foolish to not take someone hostage in their situation.", She nodded. "As for names...wait, Polly.", She snapped her finger. "Did you catch any names, when you spied in on our friends?"

She snapped her fingers at Kat; "I sure did. Ricardo. Spanish male, accompanied by an African American bodybuilder type. Apparently the one we killed was called norm, and the lady's Rose."
"So, Wex n' Rose. Mind telling me who your friends are?"

Wex deadpanned. "Do we have to?", He asked, rolling his eyes. Rose growled at Mnem, telling her to stop. At least she didn't try pruning the girl, although whether it was because she couldn't, or wouldn't remained to be seen.

Polly shrugged. "I guess not. You might not see 'em again though if the hotel staff get too riled up. Rick and the other bastard managed to get themselves found." she paused, putting a finger to her chin. "Oh, right! You don't even know!"
Marcus followed up; "You guys know what security cameras are, right? Your two friends dragged a train of corpses straight through security's eyes. They're being hunted down!"
"Thing is, Kat and Polly here aren't here to kill you. They're here to study your species. Hell, Polly doesn't even care what happens outside of this room. If you tell us how to find them and bring down this barrier, we can hand you over alive. If not, then..." she shrugged. "Matches and gasoline."

"Oh, they got caught?", Wex asked, acting shocked. "Well, this is just an unfortunate evening!"

While he snarked off and Rose growled, Katya clapped her hands. "Now that you mention it, I was only instructed to put an end to the disappearances here. Now, I intend to make sure that justice is served, but that doesn't mean that this all needs to end in your deaths.", She said, nodding. "So, whatever you can tell us to make the apprehension of your colleagues easier would certainly be appreciated. Plus, I may just be able to put in a good word for you and your cooperation.", She said.

Her eyes locked with the man's. The two stared at one another for a moment, and in that time, Katya almost began to think that she'd get her way, but...

"Not happening.", Wex said, defiant. Katya sighed. "Fine.', She said, kicking at the floor again.

"Look.", She said, backing off. "I don't think we're getting anywhere here. These two are being stubborn; should we just leave this to Miria? Perhaps their friends will be easier to handle."

Marcus let out a deep, deep breath. Exasperation, frustration, e.t.c. Their two captives couldn't even be tricked into spilling the beans on camera, apparently. "I guess we can go hunting, then. Polly can take us to where they are. Ganon, Amaterasu, you're up front. Kat and Polly will be just behind, I'll hold the rear. Nem, what do you want to do?" she put up her hands, "I'll have no part in this. Going out and looking for them is just foolhardy. You don't think the hotel guests might've noticed the disappearances yet? They'll either be out in force or barricaded in somewhere." Polly counted her rounds. Seven shots. "Suit yourself, then. Is everyone ready to go?"

Ammy nodded while Issun studied the magical scroll and then bounced over to Ammy and up to her shoulder.
"I recorded all of it! Should I stay here in case we get a confession?"

Meanwhile, Ganon also nodded and began to walk to the door.
"Follow me. Presuming I can still use my magic, this shouldn't be a problem."

Katya shrugged. "I spoke to the front desk, remember? They suggested that guests return to their rooms until this is sorted out. Some might think that's why there aren't many guests about. Those that don't believe, well...again, I have my badge...", She said, walking beside Polly. While they all prepared to leave, Miria piped up, shaking her tablet. "We can still use this for these two.", She said, nodding. "Mnem, do you want to handle this? Do you want me to stay here too, or should I finish questioning these two and then catch up with the others?"

Mnem pondered each of the girls' points for a while, trying to map out the day's events. "Oh, I kinda forgot about that. Sorry, Kat. Miri, I don't know whether they'll accidentally spill the beans or not. Besides, our plan was to get the public on our side before we went hunting. At this point if we do get a 'confession' it'll only be useful once we're either down to the last sin, or we're being accused of sabotage. I think you should follow who you want to be with. The room won't be much safer than out there." as she finished her suggestions, Polly pivoted to the door and stepped into the hall, tapping the side of her weapon with a nail just to make sure it was on her. "Everyone, on me. Take up positions and watch your corners. I'll lead you to where I saw them last. Shouldn't be more than a few minutes, if I remember correctly."
At that, she set off, leading whoever followed to the scene of the crime, while Mnemosyne shut the door behind the group, locking herself in with a hypothetically extant showering man, a 50% probabilistic imprint of an abhuman girl, two antagonists and a massive, seething pile of overdone metajokes.

And with that...the hunt was on. In one instance, the well-armed and vigilant group with the apprehension of their captors on their minds, and in the other, Mnemosyne and Miria, now alone and plunged into silence as they stood guard over their catches.

Miria stayed behind, approaching Mnem with a worn smile. "I guess I'm not alone on guard duty, then.", She said; no chuckle, no emotion at all, really. She was kind of tired. She welcomed the relative peace and quiet, being able to recharge and recoup after that stressful meeting. Their solitude, of course, also allowed Miria the chance to do what she'd been waiting to do the entire time...

She craned her head back to check the door. Locked? Good. No footsteps outside, either, so she knew that nobody was coming back. No more interruptions! Nobody to raise an eyebrow at her question. It was game time. Miria tossed her tablet onto the bed, within reach of Mnemosyne, and reached into one of her belt's pouches with one hand, producing a familiar, small crystal, with a gold-coloured metal decoration embedded.

"Now.", She began, leaning in towards Wex and Rose. "This is a magic-powered Warp Crystal. I'm going to be very blunt; can you use your soul magics to power this?"

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:34 am

Scourge of my People

Once more they hear about more information about this IGSE. So far it rose a few questions for the Order trio, the most important being is their world consider unimportant to the IGSE? But Anton had to ask one question that was bothering him. "They have someone named Brexit?" The siren sounded confused by the name of the army leader. "That has to be an alias right? Besides it raising some interesting questions about his world and how similar it is to mines I would also feel sorry for the sod for his parents being cruel enough to give him that name." The siren said with a hint of humor in his voice as a small smirk forming on his lips.

Yet despite the humorous tone he was taking on the army leader's name he still pay attention to the vital details on the command structure being intentionally flawed by none other but the company's founder to keep the two branches separate due to mistrust on the two people he out in charge over the branches. "If they are anything like the nobles and ancient families in the Order those two are most likely plotting on how to kill the other. I wouldn't be surprised if the former boss also had contingency plans that involved killing those you if they were more trouble than they were worth." the siren thought as he took another swing from his flask.

Nephyhs heard about the portal technology and her fingers clenched deeply on to her arms when she heard that it can deliver entire fleets through the gates into other dimensions. "Shit! They already beat us in there. We don't have any spaceships so none of our gates can do that." Not knowing the full details of the other technologies was a minor nuance but one that can be easily fixed soon.

With the meeting over the trio departed to make way to their respective rooms. As Nephyhs and Anton walked with the same corridor with Sekhmet following close behind the slavic siren said. "So you think we are walking into a trap or a doomed rebellion?" He said with a slight tone of humor in his voice. Nephyhs wasn't so amused by the question. "Regardless of what this is our mission is the same. Grab whatever artifacts and information we can find and quickly leave if all of this begins to fall apart. That mafia princess may want to sink with the ship to fight for her ideals but we aren't joining her into the grave." The necromancer told him.

"What about you Wonder Woman?" Anton asked Sekhmet. "I will follow wherever my mistress goes. This situation doesn't change a thing." Anton shrugged at the response. "Bloody typical." He muttered. "Though I agree with the two of you. I can sympathize on wanting revenge on the bastards who ruined your life but I'm not so keen on doing for someone else's war. We see what we van get and how much pain we can deliver the IGSE before we get the hell out of here."

With the three in agreement on what their mission will be they separated to make way for their rooms.

Niflheim

As the Kamui arrived into Niflheim the windows would be hit by sheets of snow being blown by the wind. Below the ship they would see a vast snowy plain broken up by patches of frozen trees either still rooted to the snow covered ground or toppled over. From the distance they can see snow capped mountains, vast valleys and canyons. They could see the icebergs stuck in place by the frozen ocean they were a part of. A few had derelict maritime and airships stuck on them. Not far from the ship were the derelict ruins of a town that had a massive tower that look to have exploded.

The temperature right now was similar to Oymyakon, yet the temperature occasionally dips even lower to it before rising again. The sun struggled to sun much needed light and warmth through the dark clouds as the heavens themselves brought down more snow. A few short lived and small snow twisters would be seen before they disperse as quickly as they formed.

In such a brutal world it would be understandable to think no life would still exist in this frozen hellscape, yet the ship sensors would not only detect life still flourishing on the planet but even signs of civilization as some areas in the world was displaying heat.

Among the heated settlements was one that many can easily be fooled into thinking was a regular town. It had the rustic, brutalist, architectural style that was common in this world, with most buildings that were one storey tall having stilts to lift them above the snow with those being higher like three storey remaining grounded. The roads were paved over to reveal the dirt buried by the snow and either had wooden planks on it or were lift as dirt roads for what seem to be vehicles.

This town had a unique feature with some buildings having air walkways and bridges connecting to other buildings and had tracks for trams and some buildings that seem to act as factories and mills. Yet it still had seemingly everything you expect for a town from a post office, stores, police station, tavern, and hospital. Which is why the presence of a massive concrete wall with guns on them and pill boxes would be surprising.

While the Kamui was thankfully away from this particular town their arrival was not as stealthy as they would have liked as sensors of the town detected them. From an airstrip an arrow shape black drone was sent out to find the source of the rift. The drone would active optic-thermal camouflage to become invisible to both the crew and the ship's senses.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:03 pm

Scourge of my People | Cherry and Nomad

Niflheim. Blue as deep sky and drab as undyed wool. An ocean seethed and wrestled with itself, curling into knots around the great bergs which seemed so content to drift, decorated by smatterings of light and architecture. Drifting flakes pelted the windows, packing the seams and filling Cherry's view with coarse white, the wind howling just beyond her reach. Not quite an ideal place to settle, but not the worst either. Then again, coexisting with another civilisation had always been out of the question. Too many complications, too long a time that they'd be vulnerable. She imagined just for a moment that those buildings and glimmers below belonged to the people she was trying to revive. Just for a moment, she wondered what they'd do when they came back. If they came back.

Fuckin' 'ell. What did she care about this dhingy snow palace anyway? Trains and the odd car might've chugged along down below but she was up here, still awaiting orders. As was Alastair, come to think of it, who'd spent the majority of the trip in his room doing literally nothing. He was tempted to go outside already and to ask what they were to do now that they were here yet reasoned that surely, surely no self respecting RPer would send their character into a new setting without first allowing the actual arc runner to establish the basic constraints of the scene.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:11 pm

L-Fel
San Francisco

“I think he’ll be fine”, said Yrjo, as he bent down, slipped his arms under Terasaka’s armpits, and then lifted the rotund man back up onto his feet. As he did so, it seemed that Terasaka had regained a little consciousness and composure, as the colour slowly returned to his face and he made some conscious effort to stand on his own and avert his eyes from the cause of his sudden inexplicable syncope. “He just can’t stand the sight of any body fluid other than cartoon pornographic seed, it seems.”

Hearing Aestus’ explanation was something of a major shock to Yrjo, who had spent his whole life studying magic under the Inarian schools of thought, and now found himself acquainted with worlds and people where the magic theory with which he had been so familiar now thrown out the window. He didn’t quite understand the bits about Biota and the orcas and poachers, but this idea of magic simply being all around rather than concentrated within invisible veins, for its challenging everything the intellectuals of his world had learned, had certainly piqued his interest.

“Where I come from”, he explained, “magic isn’t homogeneously present around us. It’s concentrated into veins and deposits, which we have to penetrate in order to access. This means that for us, it’s a lot harder to learn how to become a mage, because one first has to spend three years or so learning how to detect and access magic veins.”

L-Fel
Iowa

With the curtains now closed, Steffen reached into his pocket, evidently fumbling about for something, but eventually gave up upon failing to do so.

“The IGSE! They’re here!” he hissed, looking over at Henry, who held up the thesis with a look of horror on his face. “We need to get going quickly, or at least find a way to hide ourselves before fuckin’ whoever it is who’s tracking us finds out where we are...”

“WAIT WAIT WAIT”, yelled Gönad, clearly perplexed by the entire situation. “HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THE IGSE IS COMING AFTER US? DID YOU SEE SOMEBODY DOWNSTAIRS WHEN YOU-“

“Dar Brexit is in this building”, Steffen shot back, packing up the trash the group had left lying around Frederick’s ward and haphazardly stuffing it into the bin, “and if that means anything, it’s probably that he’s got other fuckers with him somewhere. Like in that building across from us, for example, or maybe coming up the fuckin’ elevator to this ward right now.”

“Your long-lost friends seem to attract a lot of unwanted attention”, said Chieko to Henry, rolling her eyes vigorously.

“Anyway, I don’t know how we’re gonna get away from here, but we either do that, or we find a way to fortify this room until we can come up with a fuckin’ plan”, said Steffen. “Hide the fuckin’ thesis, Henry, and don’t let anybody see it. We need to give it to Yotsuha.”

“WHAT A WONDERFUL MORNING”, Gönad screamed.

“Oh fuck yes, my lighter!!” The sound of Xiao-song’s voice coming from outside could be heard.

Scourge of My People
Niflheim

The Kamui, upon coming through into the frozen wasteland planet that was its first destination, veered straight away out of course of the brutalist towns scattered across the frigid landscape, making its way out into the wilderness and towards the horizon from which the sun had begun to rise, until at last, in the distance, a fortress perched atop a mountain became visible, and slowly grew larger and larger as the ship went close and then docked discreetly at the cable car station at the base of the mountain. Over the Kamui’s PA system came an announcement from Granny Jo for the crew to disembark, and while Yotsuha ordered the captain, the first mate, the ship’s permanent crew, and her grunts to remain behind to keep watch over the ship, she herself followed her hired hands off, into the icy world, where a cable car resting at the bottom of the mountain awaited them, as did a middle-aged Korean man in a suit.

“Dr Jeon”, she greeted the man with a bow. “A pleasure to finally meet you face to face, after all these months.”

Dr Jeon Il-hyuk, the 29th Director of Intelligence of the IGSE, returned the greeting.

“My pleasure”, he replied, gesturing to the cable car waiting for them. “We can discuss these matters on the way up and over lunch.”

He nodded to the cable car operator, who pulled the doors open and calibrated the car.

“Don’t worry, they’re not IGSE personnel”, he explained to Yotsuha, as she, Yukio, Rygan, and the rest stepped into the cable car. “I myself am not particularly fond of the soldiers trained by the IGSE’s military arm, so I hired my own people...”

The doors were closed, and the frosty outside air was suddenly cut off, leaving only a slightly musty air-conditioned interior of a rather comfortable temperature as the cable car began its slow ascent up the mountain. As he quietly looked out the window, Rygan couldn’t help but notice that Dr Jeon, the rather unassuming and unremarkable looking IGSE officer, didn’t seem to be interested in personal ice-breaking of any sort.

“Some updates first”, he said to Yotsuha. “I’m not kidding when I say this... Harakiri Haikarakainen is dead.”

Yotsuha’s eyes widened.

“He had himself euthanised about a day ago”, Dr Jeon elaborated, wiping the moisture off of his spectacles. “The details surrounding his decision are irrelevant, but in any case, the leadership reshuffle is expected to be formalised anytime soon. Isaiah Haikarakainen is expected to take over his father’s old position, while everything else remains the same.

“Secondly, and perhaps more relevant to your mission... Nu has already left her old base. At the moment, she is heading to Gimilus, which is the IGSE’s military training planet where the Military Arm trains its special forces and garrisons its mercenaries. I am in charge of planning her route and organising her security details, so I purposely sent her to Gimilus, which appears on the surface to be a secure planet, but does, in fact, contain several flaws that would allow your people to be inserted.”

“Perhaps you would like to acquaint yourself with my men?” Yotsuha suggested, raising an eyebrow.

“Maybe later”, Dr Jeon replied, casting cursory smiles at the others in the slowly ascending cable car, before returning to his explanation. “In any case, I have come up with a plan for you to strike straight at Nu, via a few small, overlooked flaws in her defence system that I’ve intentionally omitted.”

The cable car reached the top of the mountain, and as the guard there had the doors opened, Dr Jeon ushered Yotsuha and the others out, hastily bringing them into his minimalist glass and stone fortress.

There was hardly anything interesting in the fortress save for a lot of computer screens, all displaying some sort of restricted information probably pertaining to Dr Jeon’s job. It was a little dimly lit, owing to the lights having been left off in favour of allowing some natural morning light to illuminate the house via the glass windows; a brutalist, yet somehow calming and zen setup. As he led the group up a staircase, the natural light grew brighter and brighter, till at last they reached the door to the rooftop garden of the fortress, and once again, acquainted themselves with the frosty air of Niflheim and the stunning scene of endless white steppes punctuated occasionally by industrial settlements in the distance. Taking a seat at a round picnic table sitting placidly in the thin, well-managed snow of the garden, Dr Jeon reached into his pocket and withdrew a stack of papers held together by a red paper clip, beckoning to the others to sit down with him.

“This”, he said, opening the bundle of papers to show a picture of a fortification on some dank tropical planet, “is Runies Camp, located in the tropical zone of the military planet of Gimilus. This is where Nu will be making her first stop in order to receive a medical screening to check that her body is fit enough to continue the journey to her second of three checkpoints before her final destination. In two days’ time, her shuttle will be touching down, and she will be spending five days here, before finally leaving again for her next destination.

“Here, I have procured the layout of Runies Camp. It is a small and nondescript camp, fitted primarily with medical facilities and minimal defences. Although it is located close to Sargaidun Camp, which is a special forces garrison, both camps are highly inaccessible from each other since Runies Camp is located atop a very rocky hill, which means that any reinforcements to Runies from Sargaidun would require at least fifteen minutes for the special forces in Sargaidun to be sent over.

“Here is where the fun part comes in.”

Yukio and Rygan leaned in, the latter casting glances at the others who had followed them to the fortress to gauge their reactions.

“My suggestion would be for the mission to be carried out in two stages”, Dr Jeon explained. “First stage: two teams will be inserted via static-line parachute close to the two guard posts on the eastern and western perimeters of Runies Camp. We’ll take out the guards there, and once the comms between the guard posts and the main camp are cut off, we’ll kick off the second stage; a two-man team will jump onto the roof of the camp’s main building via HALO insertion. Since Nu will be housed in one of the three rooms on the top floor, the two-man team will be able to easily infiltrate from the top and then take her out, which should be quite straightforward. A few bullets through her tank, and she’ll be little more than a diseased fish out of water.

“Any objections?”

If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Bringing Young Madi Back Because Why Not

Postby Skylus » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 pm

???

Madi found herself on some sort of airship. She appeared to be alone, so the young Witch decided to go exploring.
It was strange, really, being on the Millennium Falcon, and then being teleported back to Hogwarts, then not even a minute later, she was now here.
Wherever "here" was.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:11 am

Scourge of My People
Niflheim
On board the Kamui

While the rest of the Kamui’s crew went up the mountain, the remaining few stayed with the ship, Yotsuha’s yakuza grunts taking turns patrolling the immediate vicinity of the ship and preparing the heavy machine guns and bazookas inside.

In the lounge closest to the main door of the ship sat Granny Jo, puffing away reflectively on her cigarette and staring blankly at the TV screen as it played an endless rerun of some old reality show she had haphazardly screen-recorded to dispel moments of ennui such as these, although the stagnancy of her current situation and her growing weariness at the same hackneyed clips she had watched thousands of times over was soon broken by the entrance of Itona and Takumi into her room, the latter pushing the former’s wheelchair as if it were a supermarket trolley.

“So I’ve received updates that the Alliance’s garrison in the Būnuris slum has successfully held off a commando assault by IGSE mercenaries”, said Itona, now dressed in a casual singlet and shorts that revealed the ugly stumps of his legs, still covered in scars from the fire that had burned them off.

Granny Jo nodded, inhaling deeply.

“I know you think we made a mistake choosing to fight alongside Yotsuha”, Itona continued, “but I think her role in our continuing resistance is just as important. We need to see to it that she gets all the help we can offer.”

“I suppose you have a point”, said Granny Jo, stubbing her cigarette out and lighting another. “Although I would like to rejoin the Būnuris Garrison once we’re done here. Personally, I’ve never been close to Yotsuha, and I’m not going to ask you what your connection with her is, but whatever the case, a promise is a promise, so I’ll help you out to the extent we agreed that week when you saved my life. Anything outside is just extra.”

“There’s quite a lot more to her than you’d expect”, said Itona. “Yotsuha Ikegami is a strong woman. You could say I’m like an older brother of sorts to her. I wouldn’t underestimate her.”

“Yeah, whatever. I’ll help you get back with her if you need to, but don’t expect to continue holding your position on this ship if you want to head off somewhere else. The Garrison needs more willing hands, and I can’t just return with random stragglers.”

“Don’t they have a lot of powerhouses there?” Takumi asked, scratching his head. “I mean...”

“I’m pretty sure they’re well-staffed”, said Itona. “Captains Kang and Timoshenko are commanding the Endeavour and the Stormblade in orbit around the planet, and on the ground, they’ve got some pretty legendary people too. Like the Iron Fortress and the Hyena-“

“The Hyena??” Granny Jo spat halfway across the room in disgust. “The Hyena, as in... fucking August Chiang Ming-han? What the fuck is that rat-faced bastard doing on our side?”

“Everybody hates the prick, but we can’t deny that he’s one of the best snipers this side of the multiverse”, Takumi replied. “Not quite the same as the Messiah, of course, but if I were up against the Messiah, I’d at least want someone like the Hyena on my side.“

“Besides”, said Itona, “he also wants to fight the IGSE, just like us. We can’t pass up the opportunity to recruit powerful members to our cause.”

Granny Jo shrugged frustratedly and continued smoking.

“We go way back, that fuckwad Hyena and I”, she seethed. “I swear to God, when I get back to the Garrison, I... I’ll...”

“Anyway”, said Itona, interrupting Granny Jo’s tirade, “I’m rather interested to see what it is they’re planning next. I can’t say I was particularly keen on the plan at first, but I trust her to come up with something...”

The first mate’s voice slowly trailed off as he descended into reminiscence.

“Oh, how young I used to be”, he lamented, removing his glasses. “Oh, Ceiji... Chieko... how I miss you both...”

The awkward silence in the room was suddenly broken by the sound of a dull thud coming from the main room outside the lounge, one that Granny Jo, having calmed down significantly after smoking another cigarette, felt it necessary to investigate. Much to her surprise, it seemed that the crew had been joined by someone new... hostile or friendly, it was hard to say.

“Who the hell are you?” said the old captain of the Kamui, reaching for the side of her thigh where, under her pyjama blouse, she had kept a small-calibre revolver for self defence purposes. “How did you get past the guards?”

Skylus
Negotiator

I am no longer doing color coding

Postby Skylus » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Scrounge of My People
Young Madi
Aboard the Kamui

Madi whirled around and gazed at the woman for a moment before she slowly raised her hands up a bit.
“Please don’t attack me, I know I’m not supposed to be here, but hear me out. My name’s Madison Goodwill, but you can call me Madi for short if you want. I...was teleported here by a portal or rift, that’s how I got past the guards. I mean you no harm.”

Link & Doug
Shadows of the Empire
Aboard the Fortressa

Link darted over and stood in front of Helen.
“Wait! You’re all overreacting! She fell through a portal, yes, she does have a weapon, but, again, I believe the lot of you are overreacting.”
The Hylian half turned to Helen and gave her a small smile.
“Sorry about that, these people have good reason to be wary of new comers. You said your name was...Helen? My name is Lincoln Faremanne, but you may call me Link if you want.”

Doug merely shook his head and muttered something like “That’s not how this works, kid.”, then grinned for a second before he walked up to Leia. “Is there anything I can do while we’re here?”

King K. Rool
Fortuna

"To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to? Since you greeted me first, I believe I shall ally myself with you. Who is the enemy faction you are fighting, and what is their firepower?"
A Krusha handed K. Rool a piece of paper and he read it, then raised his gaze to the bipedal animals before him and bared his fangs in a smile.
"My intel tells me that your foes are also reptiles?"
Last edited by Skylus on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Dead Man's Party | Avenoir and Mnemosyne

As Polly and the crew approached the room where before there'd been two sins, the smell of rust and danp carpet grew stronger and stronger. The stench was almost overpowering by the time they slammed down the door and went in weapons at the ready, Marcus rather envying those with firearms. The ground was littered with pale corpses, skin as white as bleached cotton and eyes as empty as fresh vases. He nudged a few with his foot (much to Polly's disapproval) and circled around the room, noting the fashion in which the corpses had been laid out. There were two far from the exit, and one laid across a table. They weren't neatly arranged, but there was some sort of pattern here more than just careless luck. "There were more corpses here when I saw them. They must've packed up and left at some point." "Why would they leave these bodies here? And why leave the room unlocked?" "Would it have made more sense for them to drag the corpses through the building, leaving a trail of blood to their next hiding spot? Besides, it's not as if anyone would know that they were the murderers if they found them - only that there was a murderer in the first place." she knelt over one of the bodies, putting her hand on its neck. "Stone cold, but he can't have been dead for more than a few hours. No lividity, rigor mortis, nothing. This hotel is pretty warm; I'd wager that whatever process the sins use to feed, it completely drains the victims of heat."

Mnemosyne, meanwhile, turned to face Miria who presented a small crystal to their captives. Surely, she wasn't going to ask them to turn it on for her? Ah well, might as well make the best of their current plan. After all, while everyone else was out committing murders or whatever, she might as well contribute something to the team as well. She stood behind and to the left of Miri, ready to intervene should either of the captives try something... unwarranted.

L-Fel | Cassia

Cassius strolled into the same cafe as Julian, Yrjo, Terasaka and Aestus. He had Alemayahu behind him. Casually, almost irreverently, he took a seat by them and swivelled the chair which belonged to another table to face them, crossing his arms behind his back. "Eyy, fellas and fellerette. What's going on? Looks like you haven't gotten into any trouble while the detective was gone."

After all the hubbub and excitement of disembarking and heading up to this great stone fortress, the interior of which was damn near sweltering for Cherry, who'd prematurely adapted to the cold, they were informed of the details of their mission as well as precisely what they were going to do. Under normal circumstances either Alastair or Cherry might've offered up their own plans of action but frankly, considering the circumstances and their general lack of know-how on this universe, neither was really willing to risk being called out as a fucking dumbass. Cherry raised her hand first, always the brash one. "I volunteer to be on the first team. I can create undetectable comms between everyone, as long as they remain within a couple hundred metres of each other. I'm also the least likely to die outright from a bullet wound, so a relatively drawn out op like that won't be as risky for me as anyone else." she glanced at Nomad, thinking no longer about his apparent disregard for purpose, but instead his actual capabilities and potential role in this attack. "You're our stealth operative, right? I think you'd be best off killing Nu." he held up his hands, however. "No. I don't kill people, and I'm not killing a defenceless old woman." "Even one responsible for as much destruction as this one?" "Yes! I'd rather be on the first team as well. I can take them down nonlethally and I'd ask you to do the same." he glanced around the room, taking in all the faces arrayed there. "I don't expect to change anybody's minds though."

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:36 am

L-Fel
San Fran

Aestus visibly loosened up as Yrjo helped Terasaka up. The lesser god tended to get “excessive” with his actions at times, which had been fine for a former revolutionary living in relative isolation. The war took millions of people, but it also killed Aestus’s social skills. Regardless, he was glad that Yrjo and Jules managed to help the poor man out. He found Jules’s sense of compassion, and her medical knowledge, enamoring. They were lucky to have her, he reckoned.

“So where you come from, magic is more like a resource? That’s an interesting scenario. I should clarify, though, back in Physis it’s seen like a sort of addition to the normal. Magic that’s understood well enough isn’t magic anymore, and things like weather were considered magic before they were understood,” Aestus told Yrjo. He hadn’t pondered too much on multiverse theory’s effects on magic, and this discussion was yielding some interesting thoughts.

“Truth be told, even as a Lesser God I don’t understand the proper science of my magic. I know it comes from myself, but the fact that it works in other universes confuses me. I can evolve and devolve simpler organisms, watch,” Aestus said. He snapped his armored glove and one of the seals began shaking. It devolved into a more otter-like creature, a Puijila, before shifting back into its original form.

“I’m just toying with evolution, you know, the usual,” Aestus told Cassius.

Iowa

Two words would describe Irwin at the moment: scared and confused. He was scared because everyone was screaming about the IGSE or whatever it was called. Even Frederick, who was typically calm and seemed rather strong, showed some concern. He was confused because he didn't have a context quite like anyone else here, and all of this was happening so suddenly. First he was in a safe room in a hospital, and now it seems like the end of the world is happening.

"You guys have a plan, right?" He asked.
Last edited by The Palmetto on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Dead Man's Party
Katya & Co.

Katya knelt down, exmaine a body, tilting its head side to side with her hand. "Dessecated. It's like they're mummies.", She said. "Much fresher, however. Could be bloodier, I suppose."

Dried bodies were neat, but the blood on the carpet wasn't. Katya felt her knee barely touch a stain, the wet feeling giving her goosebumps. She stood up and wiped off a drop from her knee, careful not to get any on her. "The blood is heavy, as is the smell. Perhaps they've moved on, but their methods are sloppy. We shouldn't have too much trouble tracking them back down.", She said. Katya turned to step back outside, counting on one hand. "So we've killed on, and have two subdued. You said that you heard two, perhaps three? That still leaves us with six; number seven is unaccounted for, but perhaps taking care of the majority of these people is all we really need. If we can find them all, then that would certainly be preferable. Anyways..."

She opened the door again, holding it open. "After you all. Perhaps they'd moved to another hallways. We'll head them off there."

Miria

"Can you make it work?"
"Why should I?"

Miria and Wex stared each other down. Miria sneered; "If you can't help me, then I won't stop the others from killing you.", She said. She was serious, too. "I've tried to keep you alive this long. I don't like you one bit, but if you can make yourselves of use, then I'll be obligated to return the favour. No constabulary, no spies, no deals for the lives of others. It's a simple transaction."

Rose craned her head. "You're lying like those others girls, aren't you?"

"Not at all.", Said Miria, shaking her head. "This world isn't my own. I don't have a desire for justice or revenge. I simply want to ensure the safe passage of my friends, and I want my crystal recharged."

"So, what? Is it like some beacon or something?"

"Warp Crystal; it'll get me home. Now, can you charge it or not? This kind of old tech reacts with soul energy instead of The Void."

Wex sighed; "I don't think I can help, Little Lady. I could try, but that'd been getting a hold of it, and I don't think you'd want me untied."

Miria growled. Then, she glanced Mnemosyne's way. There was something about her look; she was anxious, annoyed..."We really shouldn't untie them.", She said, whining. "But...no. No, we can't..."

So, then, what did she do? "Wait", She said, wagging a finger. "If I put it in your hands for you. That's how you can charge it, right? Do you use your hands for, uh...soul stuff? You know.", She said, wriggling her fingers. Wex nodded. Miria grinned. "Alright then. In that case....uh...Mnem, stand back? Wait, no, you're fine. Let me see..."

Miria stepped around to plop the crystal into his hand. She was a little too brave, getting that close to someone who could apparently juice some souls, or who had just recently held a gun to her head. Foolish? Maybe, but Miria needed to take the risk.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:16 am

Scourge of my People
Niflheim
On board the Kamui

Nephthys and Anton looked down at the frozen landscape they found themselves in. The Egyptian woman look at the the world with a frown while Anton chuckled. "Looks like I can't escape from the coming winter even in another universe." the siren said in a dry tone. "I'm not in the mood for your jokes Anton." Nephthys snapped at him. Anton looked at the woman with amusement. "Ah, not much of a fan of the cold I see? Well princess don't you worry. I got extra coats just for the three of us." The woman said nothing to him even though in truth she was glad that he did that... assuming he was telling the truth.

"Let's just get ready for this place before we are thrown out into the cold with no protection.” Nephthys would walk away from the window as she went to her room to prepare for the journey. The two would join Yotsuha on going down in the cable car, them and the informant. They would hear that the previous leader of the IGSE was deceased and one of their targets have left their base to a planet that was designed to be a secure fortress, albeit one with flaws that they were going to exploit.

The trio saw the bundle of papers show the dank tropical world and the camp that the director was now hiding in. Just as the suggestion of making it a two phase attack was suggested the trio were having their own ideas on how to deal with the situation. “I think instead of parachuting close to the guard towers we can use apparition to have our teams appear on the guard towers themselves. I don’t know too much on this Halo insertion to say much on it.” the necromancer stated.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Apto
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Shadow of the Empire
Helen of the Mysterious Castle, Fortessa

Korhal IVV wrote:Then, out of nowhere, an elf fell out of a rift.

Instinctively, the three Haeresi ignited their plasma blades, pointing them at the elf lady with apprehension, while Yi and Ahijah drew their swords as well. “Who are you?”, they questioned.

Naval Monte wrote:"A telepath?" Sato said with shock. "No, mind magic. Of course the elf would know magic." The woman looked at Helen. "Can you communicate with us besides speaking into our thoughts and can you see what we are thinking?" The woman asked, though her tone made it sound more like she was demanding answers from her.

Leia turn to Helen, giving her a smile. "Hello dear. My name is Leia, What's yours?"  Borsk Fey'lya, the sole bothan in the room, snorted at the sight. "Great, we not only have to fight for our survival but babysit as well." He muttered as he shook his head.

Skylus wrote:Link darted over and stood in front of Helen.
“Wait! You’re all overreacting! She fell through a portal, yes, she does have a weapon, but, again, I believe the lot of you are overreacting.”
“Sorry about that, these people have good reason to be wary of new comers. You said your name was...Helen? My name is Lincoln Faremanne, but you may call me Link if you want.”

Helen looked curiously at the weapons being pointed at her. Some were familiar, but not quite, while others were entirely of alien origin. She couldn't make heads or tails of some of them, and the girl leaned closer to inspect the strange contraptions, squinting her eyes, apparently nonplussed by the fact that she was being threatened. Whatever trouble that would have come however, was cut short and when another elf run in front of her just as one of the women chided the others for resorting to violence so quickly. "!" That unintelligible noise again, and that insufferable smile as Helen's hands found themselves caressing Link's ears to see if they were real, touch gentle. I'm Helen! Came the answer, And I can't see what you're thinking. Whether it was the truth or not, it was hard to tell with how fixated she was with Link.

All the elves were dead as far as she knew. Who was this green wearing, sword wielding pointy ear in front of her?
There is morality on the circumference of the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!

Previously, on "Bad Things Happening To Lovable Little Girls"....
- Flukes

Skylus
Negotiator

Reminder that I am no longer doing color coding

Postby Skylus » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:43 am

Apto wrote:Shadow of the Empire
Helen of the Mysterious Castle, Fortessa

Korhal IVV wrote:Then, out of nowhere, an elf fell out of a rift.

Instinctively, the three Haeresi ignited their plasma blades, pointing them at the elf lady with apprehension, while Yi and Ahijah drew their swords as well. “Who are you?”, they questioned.

Naval Monte wrote:"A telepath?" Sato said with shock. "No, mind magic. Of course the elf would know magic." The woman looked at Helen. "Can you communicate with us besides speaking into our thoughts and can you see what we are thinking?" The woman asked, though her tone made it sound more like she was demanding answers from her.

Leia turn to Helen, giving her a smile. "Hello dear. My name is Leia, What's yours?"  Borsk Fey'lya, the sole bothan in the room, snorted at the sight. "Great, we not only have to fight for our survival but babysit as well." He muttered as he shook his head.

Skylus wrote:Link darted over and stood in front of Helen.

Helen looked curiously at the weapons being pointed at her. Some were familiar, but not quite, while others were entirely of alien origin. She couldn't make heads or tails of some of them, and the girl leaned closer to inspect the strange contraptions, squinting her eyes, apparently nonplussed by the fact that she was being threatened. Whatever trouble that would have come however, was cut short and when another elf run in front of her just as one of the women chided the others for resorting to violence so quickly. "!" That unintelligible noise again, and that insufferable smile as Helen's hands found themselves caressing Link's ears to see if they were real, touch gentle. I'm Helen! Came the answer, And I can't see what you're thinking. Whether it was the truth or not, it was hard to tell with how fixated she was with Link.

All the elves were dead as far as she knew. Who was this green wearing, sword wielding pointy ear in front of her?

Link froze for one second, then side stepped away from Helen and gazed at her with a shocked expression before he attempted to speak.
"People don't usually do that where I'm from." It was clear that he was uncomfortable by what Helen had done and that he had no clear idea how to react to it.
To take his mind off of what had just happened, Link reached to his side and drew the Master Sword, then he flipped it in a complete circle before somehow leaning on it.
"So, where are you from? I'm from Hyrule...Well it's technically under the Great Sea, but that's a very long story."
It wasn't clear if he was talking to distract himself from what just happened or if he was just talking to her.

Ganon & Ammy
Dead Man's Party of Deaaaaattthhhhhhh

Ganon nodded at Katya's words.
"Amaterasu, follow me, I believe the two of us can deal with these cretins easily. Of course this would be easier if we had our abilities back."
The transformed Warlock headed for the open door, stopped to nod at Katya, then stepped out into the hallway, the Sun Goddess following.
"I do wonder how your small friend is faring."

Meanwhile, Issun was merely standing there, the magical scroll recording everything without his input. For one of the few times in his life, he wasn't bored, in fact, he was rather enjoying the current situation.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 am

Scourge of My People
Regnbåge Fortress

Jeon Il-hyuk, listening to the input offered by Cherry and Nomad and by Nephthys, brought his hand to his chin as he descended into deep thought for a moment.

"Undetectable comms would be... a great asset", he said to Cherry. "That way, we can cut down on the number of signallers we need on the ground and from our base of operations, and save more space on our insertion teams for additional weapons.

"As for apparitions... they will definitely be useful, but I do not think they would be suitable for the guardhouses", he replied Nephthys, his eyes darting back and forth the various papers. "We need to do some actual demolition work there to incapacitate the microwave tower generators so that communications between Runies Camp and Sargaidun Camp remain down. However... I do think we can utilise these apparitions of which you speak in order to slow the approach of any reinforcements."

Dr Jeon pulled out another map from under the pile of papers on the table and pointed to a little line he had traced on it.

"This is a road that is used to bring in supplies and equipment from Gimilus Main HQ to Runies Camp", he explained, occasionally looking up at the people crowded round the table, whom he had not deigned to acknowledge on any level other than on an ad hoc basis. "It's likely that any attack on the microwave towers surrounding Runies will trigger the alarm at the Main HQ, which would definitely dispatch armoured reinforcements. By inserting a third detachment along the road, we can delay their reinforcements long enough for the two-man HALO-inserted team to get the deed done."

"I have experience in such operations", Rygan said, raising his hand. "I can lead a block force to delay any reinforcements along that path if need be."

"Splendid", said Dr Jeon. "In that case, I suppose we have ourselves a plan. Yotsuha, I'll leave it to you to finalise who goes where. I believe you know your men best."

With that, he packed up the papers into a manila envelope, handed it to the yakuza boss, and then hastily made his way back into his fortress, casting a cursory smile at the rest.

OPERATION VIPER

Objective: To insert a total of 4 detachments via airborne jump into and around BABYLON so as to neutralise DOWAGER, thereby crippling the administrative capabilities of the BEAST and boosting the morale of ALLIED FORCES.

DETACHMENT 1 (Sortie 1 Parcel 1)
Insertion via: static line parachute
Objective: to take out the southern guardhouse and disable the microwave tower stationed there, so as to cripple communications between BABYLON and GEHENNA.
- SUNSET (Cherry)
- DURIAN (Alex)
- MACBETH (Donaldbain)
- CHARON (Isamu)

DETACHMENT 2 (Sortie 1 Parcel 2)
Objective: to take out the northern guardhouse and prevent reinforcements from entering via the north.
- NEPHTHYS
- SEKHMET
- GOPNIK (Kenji)
- TARANTULA (Kazunori)

DETACHMENT 3 (Sortie 1 Parcel 3)
Objective: to block the northern road to prevent reinforcements from reaching BABYLON for the duration of OPS VIPER
- ANTON
- ZEPHYR (Nomad)
- SONGBIRD (Rygan)
- REDBULL (Yasuhiro)
- BLACKJACK (Hirotoshi)
- SHOELACE (Nobusuke)
- CHIVAS (Ryuuta)

DETACHMENT 4 (Sortie 2)
Insertion via: HALO freefall
Objective: to execute precision landing on the roof of BABYLON, infiltrate the top level, and neutralise DOWAGER
- BLUEJAY (Yukio)
- WILDCARD (Takumi)

"So here's the plan", explained Yotsuha to the rest of the team as they gathered back in the warmth of Jeon Il-hyuk's fortress, sitting in a drawing room and sipping on hot cappuccino made kindly by the fortress' butler. She distributed several copies of the plan, before herself taking a seat on the sofa, crossing her legs, and daintily sipping on her cup of coffee. "This mission will be known as Operation Viper, unless any of you would like to suggest a different name, and here is the general outline of what we'll be doing."

"I assume most of you... probably haven't actually jumped out of a plane before?" Rygan cautiously asked the rest, his soft-spoken voice gingerly pressing against the general flow of the conversation.

"Static line parachuting is easy", Yukio reassured the others. "You just need to make sure you don't land in such a way that you break your knees. The chute opens on its own, so there's that."

Yotsuha finished her cup of coffee in barely a minute, proceeding to hand the cup back to the butler and gesture for him to bring her another.

"We'll be using callsigns, on the off chance that Cherry's comms can be intercepted", Yotsuha explained. "Feel free to come up with your own. In any case, Dr Jeon will do one final recce of the camp for us when we get to Gimilus, so if there are any changes to be made, we can always edit the plan to make things easier for you all. The hardest part is probably dealing with the humidity. On paper, at least."

Easy enough, Yukio reasoned, glancing to his SFQC buddy Rygan, and then to the others in the team. Untraceable comms, like the sort Cherry was able to initiate, would be a significant boon to their operation, seeing as they would have no chance of being intercepted and had no need to carry cumbersome signal sets with them, and with Nephthys' ability to create apparitions, there could always be a plan B to create lots of chaos and then carry out the mission amidst said chaos, should their stealth insertion fail.

And yet...

"I somehow have a feeling we're being led into a trap", Rygan whispered to Cherry and Nomad, sipping his coffee in between sentences. "Do either of you feel the same way? This mission feels... almost too easy. Like it's a training exercise or something..."

Chimaera HQ, this is Squad 8. We have successfully scaled Regnbåge Mountain with no casualties, and we will now take ten minutes to recover before initiating the mission proper. Rest assured, Jeon Il-hyuk will die.

Long live the Manju. Long live the Chimaera.

On board the Kamui

Hearing Madi's protests of innocence, Granny Jo lowered her pistol and then slowly approached the girl who had inexplicably appeared in the ship. Definitely, she didn't look like the sort who was capable of causing harm on a large scale, especially not against a horde of heavily tattooed yakuza meatheads and an old granny who had survived two major wars without a scratch.

Then again, the best assassins never looked like assassins to begin with. And if she were to decide what to do...

"Come, sit down", said Itona to Madi, wheeling himself out into the main room and locking his wheelchair beside a sofa, onto which he beckoned the young lady to sit. "Let's have a little chat."

Manichaean Plane, Realm I
Būnuris Garrison

The celebratory mood in Būnuris following a successfully-repelled IGSE invasion was punctuated with the rhythmic popping of champagne corks and permeated with an ever-lingering dread that there might be more on the way, the former helping to drown away the latter through intoxication.

In the largest remnant of the Grand Alliance's military strongholds was a significant regrouping of the Battle of Kisegaeisei's survivors, numbering close to 300,000 and protected by the dreadnoughts Endeavour and Stormblade, ships captured from the IGSE's armada and repurposed to protect the remnants of the Grand Alliance by orbiting what used to be a major shopping district now turned into a military stronghold crawling with guards and armour.

Pushing past the celebrating men, who had all been permitted a rather liberal quantity of alcohol, a thirty-something year old woman of Chinese descent made her way through the rabble, drawing stares of shock from those sober enough to recognise her. Accompanied only by a lone figure in a white cloak and mask, both of which stayed surprisingly clean despite the grey, dusty environment of Būnuris, the woman went directly for a rather nondescript office that, interestingly, bore a sign informing the lower ranks to keep out.

"General Jedediah Keynes Armitage, and Admiral Bernard Roland Shanks. A pleasure to meet you."

The two old men sitting by their dusty rosewood desks looked up at the woman who had just pushed her way into the office.

"Fancy seeing the Manju of the Chimaera himself", said the general, who, unlike the well-dressed admiral, was wearing a sloppy-looking set of vest and slacks. "What business have you here?"

"On the contrary, it is I who is the Manju, and not him", explained the woman, as the masked man remained silent. "He is but my public face. Hell would break loose if the Chimaera's hardliner fanatics knew that they were being led by a woman."

The general puckered his lips and nodded in acknowledgement.

"Why, then, have you come here?" he asked. "Lam Jan-ci?"

The woman irreverently dragged a chair from the corner of the room and plonked herself down between the two old men, crossing her legs and handing her jian to the masked man, who reached out a gloved hand and took the sword for his boss.

"My initial intention was to use the remnants of the Chimaera to take out the IGSE's leadership myself", she explained, scratching at a scar that went up the left side of her neck and stretched behind her ear, stopping just below her hairline, "but seeing as we've both failed to make much of a dent in their military numbers, even with my grandfather dead, I figured it would make sense for us to strike each other a deal."

She gestured to the masked man, who handed her a piece of papers bound together by a clip.

"I have recently acquired three fine warships", she explained, "from the Japanese Republic. I'm sure you've heard of the JRS Fubuki, the JRS Mikado, and the JRS Kamakiri, haven't you, Admiral Shanks? Well, I'm pleased to say that I'm willing to share them with you, if you would perhaps divulge the location of one particular person I've been wanting to get my hands on for the past twenty years or so."

The two old men looked at each other.

"Oh shit, it's the Hyena..."

On the outside of the garrison, where the unlucky soldiers not invited to the celebration had been consigned to do guard duty, several blasts of gunfire could be heard as they were contacted, perhaps by bandits (who were abundant) seeking to steal equipment from the Grand Alliance.

As the gunfire went back and forth, however, the figure of a tall and lanky person in grey military fatigues emerged from behind the outer guard posts, armed with multiple sniper rifles and aiming one directly forward, firing intermittently. As he did so, the enemy gunfire became more and more sporadic, until at last, all was quiet.

"Gotta say, that was pretty cool-"

"Do you losers know anything about defending an outpost?"

The two unlucky soldiers stationed near where the Hyena had emerged looked up at the tall man, who glared condescendingly at them.

"Thanks to your fucking terrible work, I've had to waste some of my precious energy doing a dumbass job like this", spat the Hyena. "Bloody unbelievable, the whole lot of you bastard children."

"Nobody asked you to come here", spat the more hot-tempered of the two soldiers, standing up and eyeing the sniper. "Fucking keep your mouth shut, you prick, unless you have something constructive to say. Or maybe take a step back and think about why nobody here wants to talk to you."

Clearly incensed, the Hyena slapped the man across the face with the nonchalance of a person swatting a mosquito.

"It's not my job to deal with those weak fucks outside", he spat back. "That's the job of you scum of the earth, which you're both clearly too irresponsible and incompetent to do properly.

"August Chiang was born for one purpose only... to take down the Messiah."

Last edited by Nagakawa on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:36 am

Dead Man's Party | Avenoir and Mnemosyne

Polly stepped through the door first with Marcus lagging behind her, rather conspicuously avoiding eye contact with any of his fellow co-conspirators. He still had some reservations about this whole thing, not the least of which was that they'd certainly be come-after by both the predators and the patrons of this establishment. They were, after all, taking the offensive lead and that meant that their opponents were reactionaries. They'd probably realised that they compatriots were gone now. Were they laying a trap? Setting up an ambush? Still wandering, thinking things were fine? They'd been able to take down Sloth only because of its inherently lazy, lackadasical attitude. The others, by Wex's own admission, were seasoned hunters with almost total control over the environment the hotel was in. If they died, would they even be allowed to leave or would these sins call in their equivalent of 'the police'? God, he really hoped he didn't have to go to human-soul-eating-monster jail. For him to get broken out of a rock only to land in a cell, that'd be too trite to live through.

"How long have you been doing this, by the way?" his question was aimless, with no end in sight. Polly had no intention of setting another conversational goal, either. Taking the initiative? That was for jackasses. "Too long. I lost count of the days. Can't be any less than seven years though." the way she moved, the subtle glances she threw around every corner, it was like this was all just part of her game; not a new crisis to be dealt with, but simply a continuation of the last one. "You're okay, right? I mean you've taken a beating over the last few days." she stepped cleanly around a bend in the corridor, half leaning toward a trolley laden with blankets as if to take cover before relaxing and sticking to the wall that bent into the next turn, such that if someone came around their eyes would take a fraction of a second longer to acquire her. She kept whichever arm was opposite to the wall on her weapon, too, so that it never impeded a quickdraw. "I've been through slightly worse." she kept her head low and her chin up, legs slightly bent and ready to pounce. They came to an intersection and immediately, she turned to the left, simultaneously keeping her eye on the junction while looking at an emergency evacuation diagram. "Give me a moment, I'm memorising the map." she blinked once, and began walking once more. "By my reckoning, our friends would be searching in the area where we picked up Rose and Wex. They'll be checking the most likely locations, which means dead-ends and unused rooms where the sins might be feeding. Marcus, every time we reach a junction I want you to check my right. I'll take the left and whatever's straight ahead." he nodded, pretending that he didn't realise that Polly was trying to showboat. "I've got it." he flicked his head toward Katya, Ganon and Ammy who were all following right behind. "You three don't think something's off, do you? Sloth tried locking Miria and Polly in the basement, meaning he had a plan. Rose and Wex were right behind him on the floor below, which means that those three were probably performing a sweep. There are two on this level, so logically there should be two on the next - but why the change in tactics? Sloth tried to lock up and suffocate two victims while the two guys we're hunting were just leeching people left right and centre. Do you think they know who we are? What we did?"

Mnemosyne, meanwhile, could only take Miria's hand for a moment as she leaned in to give Wex her crystal; "Are you sure about this? He could pull something tricky." the thing was, she was the person most out of her depth here. She wasn't just a fish out of water, she was an anglerfish in deep fucking space. That was the reason she'd stayed behind, because she was afraid of losing the only thing she still had: life and imagination. She tried convincing herself that she'd be fine incorporeal, that she'd always been that way and that it is unnecessary for her to care now, but she couldn't quite shake that feeling of envy. That feeling that perhaps, this wasn't how her lot in life should've been. She stood back with one hand just above Miria's shoulder, ready to pull her out at the first sign of trouble. And if Miria got hurt? She... she didn't want to think about that.

L-Fel | Cassia

Cassiuys put down his feet - well more like retracted them into his body and extended them again under the table - and whistled at Aestus' demonstration, appreciately looking the subject creature up and down. "My word. The 564 inner biologists within me just had a brilliant idea." he snapped his finger at the god, "What happens if you us that on a person? Or rather, what would happen if you used that on me?"

Cherry made the rounds, sipping on a cup of rapidly cooling cocoa while waving her hand over every team member's head. They found their perceptions expanded, their thoughts aligned with a thousand different signatures around them. They heard the chirp of long departed birds, the whisper of their fellows. It was like being tapped on the head with a cattle hammer: disruptive, shocking but ultimately harmless. Nomad jerked as he was linked up, his head immediately snapping toward the more remorseless members of the team, Anton and Cherry, by sheer instinct. He... didn't know that he could even do such a thing; succumb to a primal urge, despite all his ingrained programming. He looked a little shaken, the intuitive snapshot of those two peoples' personalities still lingering in his head, already fading away like snowflakes melting in warm water. He kept staring until Rygan interrupted his thoughts with ponderances of his own, steam rising from his cup while the lights flickered overhead too quickly for anyone but him to perceive. He muttered his designation as Yotsuha passed by; "Zephyr"; "I wouldn't call it easy. We're newbies, all brought together by someone who doesn't know us, in order to kill a paraplegic dying of a cocktail of degenerative diseases. I wouldn't be surprised if they only hired us because their plan was foolproof. Honestly, I think they were just looking for spare bodies." he took a biscuit from a tin tray, a rather bad potentially-final meal if he did say so himself. "We're fodder. Cheap fodder without paperwork, passports or identities. Bodybags in the making." he nibbled on the unappetising, stale finger. He was a bit of a downer, wasn't he? "I don't want to kill. It feels dirty, it feels... wrong. But if this'll bring an end to the conflict I'm hearing so much about, and if it gets me enough money to move onto the next godforsaken place, then I'll take it." Cherry stepped up beside him, her mouth stinking a little of boiled meat, and drops of boiling water still lingering at the bottom of a condensation-lined cup. Was that the only high she could derive from this situation? Drinking water so hot it hurt her? No, that wasn't it. She wasn't nervous in the slightest. Her eyes were almost cartoonishly flat, her voice excessively terse. "We'll be going in a little while. I hope you have an idea of what you're going to bring. I don't want to be out there relying on a pacifist." she tilted her head, looking at the base of her glass. "Then again, I wouldn't want to rely on an uncontrollable serial murderer, either." she swivelled on her foot to politely inform Yotsuha of her designation, "Sunset" and locked eyes with Rygan. "You're ready for this, right? I know a lot of our colleagues aren't."

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Thought I had left, didn't ya? Anyways, back to Lee.

Postby The Japanese Americans » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:15 am

Shadow of the Empire
Fortressa

Lee had decided not to have an opinion on what was going on. Mainly because of a lack of an idea of what the hell was going on. Though, he did understand that there was war. War meant killing. Killing meant experience points. Points meant level ups.

Once the elf fell out of the rift, he almost cast a quick Mana Bomb, instinct being overridden by hesitation. And not attracting much attention. But anyone sensitive enough would've felt the surge of energy traveling from his core to his hands.

He continued leaning in the corner he had basically claimed for himself, hoping to not draw attention. But a person in a white cloak in a corner would, inevitably, draw attention by itself, not to mention the surge of magic that the sensitive ones felt.
Last edited by The Japanese Americans on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an autistic 19 year old who used to read a library's worth of books.

Call me JA. It's easier than typing out Japanese Americans.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:44 pm

Dead Man's Party
Katya

"I mean, my guess is that Sloth had the plan to gas out Miria and Polly because he was lazy.", Katya said. "Just my theory, anyhow. With a name like that, I can't imagine he'd be the most proactive of the lot. He certainly wasn't the brightest."

Although maybe he did have a plan...it was best not to underestimate one's opponents, anyways. Katya would at least go with the idea that they should be more cautious, just in case....

Katya was still feeling better now, though; the lot of them seemed on point. Their prospects also seemed a good deal better, now. Ahead of her, Polly and Marcus were doing well by taking point, and Ganon and Ammy were pairing up, which would be good for when they inevitably encountered anyone. If Polly's hunch was right, then they'd be pouncing on their targets in just a few moments.

Katya also peaked back, catching a quick glimpse of Issun, to see what he was up to with that scroll. She hoped he wouldn't get caught up in their scuffle.

Miria

Miria felt another hand on her crystal, and quickly let go. "Okay!", She nodded, hopping back and squatting down to see the rock up close. "Do something! Light up! Juice it up!"

"What does it do?", Asked Wex, before Miria abruptly cut him off. "That's not important! Do it!", She cried; she was excited, but there was something else there. Miria was impatient. She was angry. She began to shake her fists up and down again, teeth locked into a tight grin, eyes growing wider and wider. She was close; she needed to see the man power that stone of hers again. Her excitement was getting too hard to contain.

Perhaps she was getting a little too far head of herself for her own good...

Skylus
Negotiator

Collab post between me and Nagakawa

Postby Skylus » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Nagakawa wrote:Scourge of My People

[b]On board the Kamui

Hearing Madi's protests of innocence, Granny Jo lowered her pistol and then slowly approached the girl who had inexplicably appeared in the ship. Definitely, she didn't look like the sort who was capable of causing harm on a large scale, especially not against a horde of heavily tattooed yakuza meatheads and an old granny who had survived two major wars without a scratch.

Then again, the best assassins never looked like assassins to begin with. And if she were to decide what to do...

"Come, sit down", said Itona to Madi, wheeling himself out into the main room and locking his wheelchair beside a sofa, onto which he beckoned the young lady to sit. "Let's have a little chat.”

Young Madi
SoMP
Aboard the Kamui

Madi walked over to the sofa and slowly sat down on it, gazing at the wheelchair bound man with interest.
“What do you want to talk about?”

Itona beckoned to Takumi to shift his wheelchair such that he could face Madi, which the baby-faced, muscular yakuza accountant did so without so much as a complaint of any sort. The middle-aged man in the wheelchair leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, his mournful, dark-circled eyes gazing into Madi’s from behind his round, rimless spectacles.

“How did you end up here?” he asked, the bemusement in his voice evident. “We specifically chose the Kamui because it was old enough that its dimension jump would leave no trace while travelling across worlds. So how did you manage to end up here?”

Apparently uninterested in the conversation, Takumi took a cigarette from the open box in Granny Jo’s blouse pocket and headed to a different corner of the ship to take a puff.

“I’m not saying you’re an enemy or anything”, Itona clarified with Madi. “I’m just... curious, as to how you got here.”

"Well, I was at Hogwarts, then I pulled through a portal or rift and ended up here. That's it. if you want me to leave I guess I could try to find some way back home."
Madi then got an idea, reached up to her neck and took off a silver necklace with a small golden clear stone entwined in silver.
"This is the necklace that allows me to use Time-Stones. They're ancient stones that allow people to travel to other time periods and worlds. Two that connect are called "Sets". So the one at Hogwarts can connect to any other one that I've been to, and maybe even worlds that I've never visited before. one Set of Time Stones is a flat circle of stones, three layers deep, with the center stone being the one that you stand on to travel. There's thirteen runed stones that sit around the circle, and to travel to your intended destination, you simply hold this necklace above your head, to the sky, and say the desitation. Have you seen anything like I described around here?"

“Not that I know of”, Itona replied, quietly looking away for a moment and contemplating the things Madi had just explained. He’d seen quite a lot in his 45 years of life, but there was always something new. That was how the Multiverse was. Names like “Hogwarts” we’re unfamiliar, but he understood enough the power of the time stone sets as explained by Madi: a power that could rival the capabilities of the Wanderers.

Wanderers... Henry...

Looking up for a moment, Itona briefly glanced at Granny Jo, who nodded, and then went to join Takumi outside the ship to smoke.

Turning back to face Madi, Itona continued, “We happen to have a couple of job openings for people of your skills. By any chance, would you be interested?”

Madi nodded.
"Sure. What do you want me to help you with?"

“We have a... well... an assassination we’d like to pull off”, Itona explained, adjusting himself in his wheelchair. “We’ve got enough people on the ground already, but I think we could use some more support. If you’re in, I could let you in on some more details.”

"...You...want me to kill someone? Why?"
Then Madi seemed to think it over.
"is this person bad?"

“Bad is a matter of perspective”, Itona replied. “You don’t have to join us if you don’t want to, but... if I may say so myself... sometimes, one death can bring about a greater good...”

He drifted off into deep thought, his mournful eyes focused on something far beyond his grasp.

Chieko... are you safe?

I only hope... you won’t have to see your father in this sorry state.

“Yotsuha can explain more when she gets back”, he said to Madi, after a long pause. “I’m sure she’d be willing to answer your questions.”

"Alright. I can wait."

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Collab with Wysten

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Shadow of the Empire
Hosnian Prime
Hux and Dren

The Space Marine walked forward through the blaster ridden building giving a small smile at the banners though wishing for the old Aquilla. Sheathing his sword and Boltor once he was outside he took off his helmet showing his grey beard and hair along with the tips of his fangs poking through his top lip. Taking a deep breath Dren savored the smell of a battle one, a smell even 600 years later felt grand.

Phasma walk behind Dren as he watches the banner of the First Order being placed up. "My leader wishes to see you after helping us." She told him, the wind blowing to make her cape and banner blow against it. "More importantly I thank you for giving us access to a new piece of equipment the New Republic is making. Now if they mass produce those machines we might have a chance to counter with our own."

Dren can see a shuttle landing down. "It's time to leave here. We are needed elsewhere." She told him as she walked to the shuttle.The Space Marine followed the woman into the shuttle. Deathjaw barked in response as he got on the shuttle. Petting the wolf the Space Wolf smiled as the animal rubbed against his leg.

Once the two were on the shuttle the craft began to take off and fly off the planet. The trip took only a few minutes as they flew to the nearest Resurgence. Once they reach one if the hangers the shuttle would fly and begin to land. The doors would open and Phasma and the stormtroopers in the shuttle would get up from their seats and walk out.

Dren would soon see the hanger of the Resurgence as new variants of TIEs and the flight crew can be seen throughout the hanger. "Follow me." She told Dren as she left him out of the hanger and through the star destroyer. The Wolf Guard would give a casual glance at the ship's hanger keeping a hand on the pommel of his Power Sword as he followed Captain Phasma through the facility, "Odd looking craft you have, they seem to have little armor." He spoke his voice booming.

"They don't need as much armor as they have force fields to protect them." Phasma told Dren. The two would board an elevator. As the elevator went up she would ask. "Why us that animal with you?"

"It is a friend, even a brother if rumors are correct." Dren said petting the wolf's chin. "I can guarantee he has seen more battles than you." Phasma only hmph on the claim. We're here." She said as the elevator stopper and the doors slide open.

As they walked into the dark interior of the bridge Dren can see two bridge trenches below them. He would see a brownish blonde hair man with blue eyes dressed as a captain. "Captain Phasma sir. I manage to establish contact with General Hux." The captain told her. "Patch him through captain." The man nodded and order the officers to do so.

Dren would see the holographic projection of Hux appear before him. "General, this man aided us on taking Hosnian Prime. He claims to be with an Imperium who shares are values." Hux looked at Dren and his canine companion. "Who are you soldier and tell me more of this Imperium that you work with?"

The Space Marine spoke in a booming voice, "I am Long Fang Dren of the Vilka Frenryka, specifically the Wolf Guard Company. I serve the Allfather and the Imperium of Man the sole bastion of hope against the Ruinous Powers and Xenos."

"What can you tell me about this Imperium and this Allfather and your company soldier. More importantly what is this ruinous powers do you speak of that you put it as an equal threat to aliens?"

"The Imperium of Man is the only thing that stands between humanity and it's destruction. It is the largest of it's kind standing against the tyranny and destruction of Xenos and Chaos. Chaos is a plague of the mind where it corrupts almost everything in its path corrupting it into some horrid daemon or misshapen creature dependent on which god so happens to come across it. To answer your question, no. Chaos can be pushed back with simple ignorance, faith, or willpower but the same cannot be said of the Tyranids though that is a discussion for later. As to who the Allfather is?" Dren's eyes would seemingly light up at the thought of the Emperor. "He is simply the perfect specimen of man. He has lived for tens of thousands of years and is humanity's campfire in the cold night of the universe. Though you are still asking who I serve besides him. I serve the Old Wolf, Logan Grimnar High King of Fenris and Chapter Master of the Vilka Frenryka. He has been leader of our pack since as long as I have lived and you can ask your chromed friend here how long that is." The Space Dren motions back to Phasma. "While I could go on about the deeds of both him and the chapter we would be here long enough to lose us the war." .

Hearing Dren's story about the Imperium and about how it fights against daemons Hux was convinced that Dren was a superstitious man. The idea of daemons coming from the mind was prosperous, if anything it seems to be a galactic plague that causes insanity and hallucinations. These rabid, sick people, their bodies twisted and ravished by disease and their mind deteriorating as a result of their health failing are in fact the daemons the Imperium are fighting. No doubt these xenos they fight against are responsible for unleashing a biological super weapon against the Imperium.

When Dren mention the Emperor the suspicion of him coming from a very superstitious civilization was proven correct as this Emperor made himself into a god-like figure to his uneducated people. "How long as he been alive Phasma." Hux asked as he looked at her. "For a long time sir. So he claims." Hux was silent as he thought about the man.

While his primitive beliefs could be a problem with his skills and technology being great not using them would be foolish. Hux looked at Dren. "We do not serve your Allfather as we have another Emperor who we fight for. But can you overlook that to fight with your fellow human against the never-ending threat of xenos that infest this galaxy?" He asked, deciding that having Dren work for them was more beneficial to the First Order.

The Space Marine paused and gave a sigh. "Yes, only under one condition, I am not under any circumstances serving you or your Order. I am only a subject to Russ and the Allfather."

That order was problematic but while he didn't like the condition he can still find a way around that. "But you will not refuse our orders will you not? You are fighting in worlds that will not be familiar to you against an enemy you know nothing about. You need our expertise and knowledge to survive in this war." Hux told him. "You can still serve your Allfather, but I can let that slide so long as you are willing to follow our orders in this war."

Dren gave a small smile, "You act as if I have never fought in a battle. Though yes, I will follow your orders though I can and will refuse if it goes against what I stand for."

Hux let a smirk form on his lips. "I don't think you will have to worry too much about that. But now we need to help us in our push into the Inner Rim."

Dren merely nodded, "What is it do you need help with?" He said his voice sounding very matter of fact. .

“You must stay in Hosnian Prime and assist the ground forces who will remain in the planet. This planet is vital for the New Republic and no doubt they will stage an offensive to retake the planet. We need it as it provides us an opening into the Core Worlds. Your orders are to ensure that the New Republic can not retake Hosnian Prime by any means necessary.” Hux instructed him.

"Does that mean I will command troops or will I merely stand as guard?" Dren asked already feeling some boredom set in.

“You will be allowed to command some of our troops, including a legion of Stromtroopers made for this very mission.” Hux explained

Dren nodded in approval, "And the composition of this Legion?" He said his superhuman mind already running through battle plans and other ideas as to how to defend the planet.

“Most of them are stormtroopers trained in urban combat. You will also have a few of our secret stormtroopers that we have designed to assist you in this battle. You will be briefed on them once you arrive on the planet.”

The Space Marine merely grunted in response as his Fenrisian Wolf rubbed against his leg before standing up, "I guess then this is farewell for now?" He asked, putting his ceremite helmet back on.

“Yes. But we may need your services for pushing deep into the Core Worlds soon if things go well for us.”

"Well General, I wish you good fortune and glory in the coming battles. I do hope we get to meet in person soon." Dren said with a small amount of respect as he turned around and started to leave the room.

As Dren left the room Hux turn to Phasma. “Have a few shadow troopers watch his movement. We can’t afford his superstition to compromise our mission.” Phasma complied with the order as Hux’s holographic projection disappeared Phasma would contact one of the shadow troopers to meet her in a private location to be briefed on a secret mission.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 am

Scourge of My People
Gimilus (IGSE military planet)

Surrounded by an orbital force field, through which one could enter only via a single entry port near the north pole, the tropical planet of Gimilus was as unwelcoming as most military planets went; that it was controlled by the IGSE was evident from the two IGSE frigates in orbit around the planet, silently watching for any brave enough to stand against the monolith.

As the approach of Isaiah Haikarakainen's private shuttle, accompanied by a small escort of only three destroyers, became known, the entry port was opened, and the two frigates and fighter pilots stationed around the planet stood to, as the shuttle carrying two of the corporation's top leaders whooshed past the shields and into the thick, humid atmosphere of the planet, coming to land in a nondescript clearing next to a small, boring installation bearing only two words in the most dull, uninteresting font imaginable: RUNIES CAMP

The sentries standing guard at the entrance of the camp, likewise, stood to, as Isaiah, shedding his thick winter clothing and cursing at the humidity, strutted out of the shuttle, sniffing his armpits at regular intervals. He was followed closely by four men in plain black uniforms carrying a heavy-looking object about the size of a large aquarium, covered in a black cloth and giving off a low humming noise, keeping a slow, steady pace. Whatever (or whoever) it was they were carrying... the few guards standing around were more or less able to guess, but too afraid to ask anybody to confirm.

Quietly, they disappeared into the grey, moss-covered building, and the shuttle was piloted out of the clearing into a separate location.

Elsewhere

About 40 kilometres away from where Isaiah Haikarakainen had landed with his other passenger, a sleepy airbase commander was awoken to the sound of her phone ringing, or more specifically, the ringing of a phone that many often hoped would not ring; the phone linking every IGSE installation in its inner circle of worlds directly to the office of the Director of Intelligence.

"Major Galina Yurievna Kandinskaya, Commanding Officer of Runies Air Base", she drawled into the phone.

"Yes, this is Jeon Il-hyuk."

Hearing his name, the major jolted awake, nearly dropping her cup of quadruple-shot espresso as she reached for a notebook and pen and gripped the pen, prepared to scribble down any notes intensely.

"Yes sir, is there anything I can assist you with?"

"I'd like to test the operational capabilities of my bodyguards", said the Director of Intelligence, his voice garbled somewhat by a voice disruptor. "Would it be possible to book an aircraft from 261195 to 031295 for the purpose of conducting an airborne exercise?"

"Unfortunately, I'm pretty much fully booked, sir-"

"...Just the aircraft will do. I've already got a pilot and aircrew."

"- the only thing I can offer you is a C-130."

The two descended into an awkward silence.

"Runies Airbase only has a single 200-year-old aircraft available?"

"I'm afraid so, sir", Major Kandinskaya replied, her steely voice masking her trembling body as she scribbled down every word that Dr Jeon Il-hyuk had said onto her notepad. The 29th Director of Intelligence was not known to be merciful or forgiving towards his subordinates. "The Minh Thiên, to be precise. We seized it after we captured those Vietnamese airbases in-"

"Ah yes, I remember that. It's good enough. Thank you, Major Kandinskaya."

And with that, to the immense relief of Major Galina Kandinskaya, Jeon Il-hyuk hung up the phone without so much as another word.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:52 am

Iowa
"....." Ackermann,upon hearing about the IGSE, paused for a moment, as if in shock. In fact, she looked like that one panel of Yujiro Hanma when Motobe told him not to fight Musashi.

The moment of silence was punctuated by Ackermann rushing over to Frederick's bed and ripping needles out of his arms. "HEY! What are you doing you imbecile!" Frederick hissed in pain and attempted to push her away, only to fail. Ackermann bandaged up his needle wounds and carried him out of the bed. "Irwin!" She grabbed Irwin as well. "We're going. Follow me. Everyone else, we're going out of the window."

She opened the hospital window and leapt out of a couple of stories, starting to run in a random direction.

San Fran
"I'm glad he's ok." Jules stooped down to check up on Terasaka, lifting up his eyelid and shining a flashlight into it to check his responses. "Ahhh, watching too much porn is bad for you. I've heard of at least one man who died from watching too many dirty films."

When Aestus created the devolved otter thing, Jules cooed at it. "Awww, he's so cute, but seals are also really cute." She smiled.

However, unbeknownst to the group, someone seemed to be watching them. The person slipped away to the shadows, pulling out a radio.

"Should we nuetralize her now?"

"...There's too many people. Wait until night time. She has nowhere to go."

Alameyahu followed Cass to the rest of the group. "So, Cass, you and me are gonna head to the HQ in a short while. Please don't transform or do anything weird while we're there. If they really are connected to the lab, we'll have trouble on our hands." She told the shapeshifter.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:29 pm

L-Fel
San Francisco

"He should be fine", said Yrjo, helping to hold on to Terasaka while the latter steadied himself. "Vasovagal syncope is pretty common. Nothing much to worry about..."

For a moment, Yrjo looked out into the open, and then his vision suddenly narrowed. Visions of some time long past flooded his head, much to his confusion; visions of warfare and bloodied meadows, of Noatan ammonites and Ruthiemian ironclads blowing each other out of the sky, of dragons and their riders dogfighting above the clouds...

Is this just fantasy?

"Wait, neutralise what?" Jolting himself back to reality, the oddly-dressed mage shook his head and rubbed his temples, as if trying to dispel a headache. "What's going on?"

L-Fel
San Francisco

"Actually, when IV lines are set, the needle is removed from the vein and disposed after the cannula has been successfully inserted", Steffen said in a deadpan yet concerned voice, even as he went about packing everything in the room into Henry's seemingly endless backpack in preparation to escape. "So the only thing left in the vein is the plastic straw, not the actual metal needle-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP STEFFEN, WE NEED TO GET OUT- ACKERMANN, WHY ARE YOU JUMPING OUT OF THE WINDOW?! THERE MIGHT BE A SNIPER OUT THERE!"

"What's going on in there", came the disgruntled voice of Xiao-song from outside. "The hell is with all that- HI, WHO ARE YOU?"

As Steffen and Gönad went about assessing their options, making sure that the almost catatonic Henry hid Dr Lam Jih-yeung's thesis while they were at it, Xiao-song's voice from outside soon turned into what sounded like a clash of swords and a physical scuffle, as the Chinese-Vietnamese mercenary drew his weapon and began sparring with some opponent outside; this was followed by a clattering, as somebody lost his sword, and then with the hospital door being kicked down, the defeated Xiao-song backing away into the room in shock, as his opponent, a middle-aged European man with a glorious moustache, pointed his sword cane at him, eyeing everybody else in the room.

Evidently, Steffen, Gönad, and Henry all recognised the man, as they backed away further into the room, the colour drained from their faces. Chieko made to attack him, but Tanakamaru grabbed her wrist and held her back.

"I wouldn't engage the Bishop one-on-one if I were you", he said.

"Bishop"
One of the three assassins of the Trinity

"Hand over the thesis", said the Bishop in a thick Dutch accent, holding up his sword cane and eyeing first the thesis which Henry hugged close to his body, and then at the broken window. Cocking his head slightly to one side, he then added, "Bishop to Messiah, the thesis is with Saladass."

Messiah to Bishop. I can't get a visual on him. I'll leave this to you.

"Hand over the thesis, Henry Saladass", the Bishop repeated. "I don't want to have to kill you."

It was then, to the evident surprise of the Bishop, who raised an eyebrow, that Henry raised his hand, tore a circle in the air, and then created a bizarrely-shaped portal that he first made to swallow up Steffen, Gönad, Tanakamaru, Chieko, and Xiao-song, and then, as it evened out into a more regular shape, himself jumped through the portal, shutting it off with the brevity and sharpness of a guillotine blade falling. The Bishop attempted to stab at Henry's neck, but the portal shut off barely in the nick of time, slicing his sword cane in half as it dissipated.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:38 am

Scourge of my People
Niflheim
Regnbåge Fortress

Anton perk up when he heard about the need of demolition work. "I got some tools that might help with that." he told the doctor. "If princess here doesn't mind me lending her doll to help me I can get my surprise for those goons set up." Nephthys gave him a glare. "I need Sekhmet at my side to protect me while I perform my thaumaturgical workings. I can have some of the guards be reanimated to provide cover for you." the slavic siren shrugged. "I don't care so long as I got someone covering my ass while I do my work." he told her as he placed his hands on his coat pocket.

When he pointed at the road and telling them that reinforcements would arrive from there the necromancer grinned. "Oh the traps I can set on that road. If I got enough time to do so after finishing with the apportation I can set up a few traps to slow them down." she clapped her hands and began to rub them as an almost sadistic grin form on her face.

Sekhmet looked at the map. "If the armed troops arrive I will be able to provide you all cover. I can deal with them and the troops they will be deploying." she spoke in her usual monotone voice, making it hard to tell if she was taking the mission seriously. The other two saw the paper and realize that their roles were switch. "Well that is a shame. I guess I will have to save my traps for later." the woman spoke, sounding only slightly disappointed. "Bleh, my trinkets would work as traps and decoys too." he said with a shrug.

When Yotsuha mention the name of the operation and asked if they jumped from a plane Anton rose a finger. "Twice actually. No, I won't go into details about them. All I will say is that fire, screaming, and bullets were involved." he explained. When Rygan mention on how he feels like this is a trap the three Order members couldn't help but to feel the same. As much as the mage and siren were eager to show each other who was superior both couldn't shake off that this mission was too easy.

"Either our Yakuza princess is being lead on by this doctor or the good doctor isn't as knowledgeable about the base as he likes to believes." Anton said to Rygan.

From the town the group left alone a black arrowhead shaped drone would be seen flying out of the facility as it followed not only the Kamui but the signal that told it of another structure nearby. After the drone left two Morrgan gunships would take off and would engage it's stealth system, both it and the drones would disappear from visual and electronic view as they flew off to the two locations of interest.

Petrokovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Petrokovia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Shadows of the Empire

Lucrehulk-class Battleship Fortressa

Multiversal War, Day Three...

An envoy from the MUDP consisting of Tadayoshi, Kongou, Bloodfyre, Gold, Ty, Muffet, and Hyuuga made their way through the halls of the large Saturn-shaped battleship to the meeting room, following a gold, humanoid droid and a short, blue and white cylindrical droid with a domed head.

Tadayoshi held a rather bulky-looking flip phone, which when closed was about as long and wide as an average smart phone, but twice as thick. Extending from the top right of the bottom half was a thick antenna, capable of sending signals to any multiversal communication hub, in this case, Kongou’s ship herself, thereby allowing one to communicate with others in a different universe. On the screen was a short message.

[Allied communication with Earth-A reestablished through Allied Fog Communications Network]

After getting a signal, he opened a social networking app, finding messages from his friends and family on Earth. Halfway paying attention to walking, the man quickly responded to them, a weight seemingly lifted from his shoulders as he did so. Immediately after closing the app, he received a message from Marguerite.
[Drones are on CAP, pilots getting rest. Maya wants to control CAP, but imo Chase would be better]
[Yeah, Maya’s too excited from returning atm. Have Chase supervise them on auto]
[Oui~]

Following closely behind the crew members from Kongou, were a team of Cornerian marines, in a tight formation around a rather sleep deprived and elderly beagle; Cornerian President Mae Macoy.

As the meeting began, the various representatives of the New Republic gave an overview of the situation in the galaxy; the First Order had taken the Hosnian system, and was using it as a forward operating center, spearheading through the Inner Rim and approaching the Core Worlds, while several smaller fleets harassed other Republic worlds along the Inner Rim. Several others, including the leadership of two non MUDP allies-the UNSC and the Terran Federation-discussed how to repel the attack; the First Order was using rather traditional Blitzkrieg tactics, therefore making their supply lines a key target.

Coming off of the end of this thread, President Macoy spoke, his voice projecting clearly, yet with a hint of concern.
"Firstly, let me introduce myself. I am President Mae Macoy of the Republic of Corneria. Normally, General Pepper is in charge of foreign relations, but as one may imagine, he's a little preoccupied at the moment. As far as the First Order is concerned, Pepper would agree that the First Order is unlikely to hold out in a prolonged campaign, which is what has led to their use of lightning warfare. In my home universe, Venom is quite the opposite story..."

One of the Cornerian marines handed Mon Mothma a tablet so she could type in a passcode to allow it to wirelessly interface with the holographic display in the center of the room. After a couple minutes, a [url]map of the Lylat System[/url] appeared, with Venomian and Cornerian controlled space highlighted in red and green, respectively; almost the entire system was red.

"Venom, in a very short time, has managed to produce many thousands of ships. Rather than use a strong spearhead, they have instead gone with a strategy very similar to the one Andross used during the first Lylat War; mass invasions, utilizing strength in numbers. Their supply chains are simplified considerably, due to their use of drones, as well as their extensive use of tachyon-based teleporters not too dissimilar to the Orbital Gate around Corneria."

A pause.

"General Pepper believes that should the war be prolonged, the First Order's momentum will slow, forcing Venom to divert more of their fleet to this universe to compensate; thus, Corneria is currently fighting a war of attrition. While Pepper works to keep the main Venomian fleet away from three key worlds-Corneria, Katina, and Papetoon-ground forces on the remaining planets are fighting to repel Venomian landing operations, and local fleets are running hit-and-run harassment against the Venomian orbital fleets."

The Cornerian President took the tablet, and poked the screen, causing the hologram to zoom in on a semi-arid world labelled "Katina."

"After successfully defending Corneria, Pepper tracked the main Venomian fleet to their secondary target, the now second most populous planet in the republic, Katina, where he is currently battling. Due to Venom's superior numbers, the battle is currently at a stalemate, despite Katina's use of new ground-based anti-orbital lasers to aid in the fight. We will be sending Kongou and her escorts to join this battle, but would appreciate any extra support that could be sent."

The hologram zoomed out, before zooming in on another planet, this time a dense jungle world.

"This is Fortuna. Out of all of the ground operations at the moment, this one is particularly concerning, as Venom has deployed what is best described as a ground-based version of the Orbital Gate, with the intention of testing its ability to move massive amounts of troops and supplies from planet to planet, without the need for space transports. The location is protected by a powerful shield, and the extreme amounts of Cherenkov radiation coming from the transporter within are not only killing the surrounding forest, but are also interfering with radar and most communications in the area. Taking this base out before the Venomians complete their research is imperative to the war effort, as it may be possible for them to expand this tech to a multiversal scale via rift technology."

The beagle scratched the back of his neck, catching his breath with a sigh.

"Currently, our forces have been bogged down in jungle warfare with the Venomians on Fortuna, but we've developed a plan to take out the base. The bulk of our forces will continue fighting as we have been, staging a fake war on the surface of the planet. Meanwhile, Star Fox and several elite fireteams will tunnel underground to covertly infiltrate the base, set demolition charges, and withdraw to set them off. As for the tunneling..."

The canine turned to Gold and Ty, who looked at him with slight apprehension.
"Gold and his Pokemon will be used for the actual digging; normally, these kinds of secret tunnels would take months to make, but the rate that a Pokemon can move soil with the move Dig is astounding. So Gold's typhlosion, sudowoodo, politoed, aipom, and heracross will dig tunnels for five teams during the approach."

President Macoy switched the hologram to Papetoon, a small arid planet in orbit around a secondary red dwarf star in the system.

"Before passing the meeting to Commodore Tadayoshi, I would like to clue everyone in on the project at the Papetoon Orbital Shipyard."

The hologram changed to show a large warship under construction; a large, rectangular hull with massive engines at the stern, and an alligator's head shaped bow. Port and starboard, two rectangular arms extended, holding massive box-like flight pods to the side of the ship. The stern was flanked by large box-like structures on either side of the engines. Overall, the ship was very brutalist in its construction.

"This ship was commissioned by Earth-A before the war, and employs the latest in Cornerian technology, as well as combined research from IMPDO and reverse engineered technology from the Fleet of Fog. The ship is unfinished, but nearing completion, and when finished will have the capacity to match a standard Venomian battleship escort fleet on its own. We are unsure how much Venom knows of this ship's projected capabilities, but we worry what would happen should the Venomians take Papetoon, and the ship with it. This is why we consider Papetoon a key world; Venom and the First Order are allied with the Scarlet Fleet, a group a Fog ships, whose access to nanomaterials may allow Venom or the First Order to make copies of this ship at an unprecedented rate if captured. Currently, Papetoon is safe within Cornerian control, but we figured this information was pertinent."

The President gave a quiet sigh of relief, having given his admittedly long speech, and sat down as Tadayoshi took the tablet, changing the hologram to a view of the Solar System; the system of Earth-A had one major unique trait, that being another Earth-like planet in a perfectly synchronized orbit around the Sun, keeping directly opposite of Earth's location.

"Currently, Venom's forces in my universe are mostly spread across the entire system, as they are interested in tracking our prior terraforming efforts, as well as colonizing worlds themselves. Currently, their strongest forces are in orbit around Earth and Terapoma, though the latter hasn't seen any ground invasion as of yet."

The hologram changed again, switching to a view of Earth-A, much of the territory highlighted in red.
"Venomian landing operations have already established several bases on Earth, and many less powerful nations have already capitulated, meaning that Venom currently has control over the larger part of Earth's landmass. Their dominance over our planet is solely based on their orbital superiority, hence their research on Fortuna. This is also why the Cornerian Earth-A local fleet, as well as most of IMPDO's space force is planning a large scale assault on the Venomian forces above Earth. Tactical computers give us a 46% chance of success in this mission, and it drops with every passing moment."

The hologram switched to show a major ground battle taking place in a blizzard, and a battle in the Pacific Ocean between a detachment of the Scarlet Fleet and various American ships and aircraft upgraded with Cornerian technology.
"Fighting on Earth's surface has slowed to a near stalemate currently, but Earth is in a dire situation; bringing in supplies by jumping through the blockade is much more risky, due to how far Venom has spread through our system, and Earth doesn't have the infrastructure to support making more advanced vehicles on its own. This has led us to try something a bit..."

Tadayoshi's voice trailed off for a moment, as his mind began wandering to something, watching the fighting on Earth displayed in the hologram.
"Um... it's led us to try something different. Bloodfyre, you're up." he finished quickly, and sat down.

The massive knight stood up, a thick, red cape adorning his suit of plate mail armor. The low light from the hologram gave a rather dramatized shadow across his face, accentuating a large scar over one of his eyes. The man spoke with a very serious tone, in stark contrast with the usually merry tone he took with his comrades when not in battle.
"Earth-A has had a lot of massive naval battles in the past one hundred years or so; the Goddess of the Seas and Astrological Navigation in Eprelia, Havthena, is capable of raising a sunken ship from the depths and granting an immortal soul to her, a feat not possible by any mortal sorcerer. Further, this ship is granted the ability to enchant its guns and ammunition with life energy in a way that makes them more powerful than should be possible; yet another thing impossible for mortals, for enchanting normally can not alter the chemical properties of powders, liquids, or gasses."

Bloodfyre took the tablet, and stared at it for several seconds, before poking at it. The hologram turned off.
"What did I do?" he asked, turning to Tadayoshi, confused.

One of the Cornerian marines took the tablet, and turned the hologram back on, switching it to a view of Northern Eprelia, outlining a path through the choppy Northern waters to a tiny island in the middle of a jagged rock formation. Bloodfyre cleared his throat, straightening his back slightly.
"This is the path that I shall take to summon Havthena, along with any who shall join me; Havthena created this route with permanent storms as a test of any mortal who wished to summon her. Do know that only one person has ever successfully completed the trials, and even if Havthena takes pity on us and raises Earth-A's warships lost over the past century, the souls of the ships are only capable of channeling life energy. They can not operate themselves."

"And this is why..." President Macoy stood up with a grunt. "...Corneria is currently training millions to serve on these vessels. It's difficult, but, it seems that the timing has just barely worked out, as there are several still alive from the later of the two World Wars, in which the vast bulk of the ships were used. Having these individuals with hands-on experience with these ships will make training a new generation of crew much easier. However, this training is very costly."

The old dog turned to Bloodfyre, his expression showing a strange mix of both scorn and pleading.
"I hope your plan works."

Suddenly, a small elf girl appeared from a rift, and landed in Leia's lap; she had swords and a bow, wearing clothing seemingly pulled straight from a fantasy game. She stood up, clearly terrified by having been warped to a different world.

Venom

A slim, tall figure in a trench coat and hat walked briskly through the crowded streets of an underground Venomian city. He wore a surgical mask, presumably due to illness in an attempt to avoid spreading a cold.

The city, like many of Venom’s underground cities, was very reminiscent of cities on Earth from the ground, but dim, as the only sources of light were street lamps, signs, and lights from inside buildings. Cracked sidewalks and pothole-marked roads covered in dust were bustling with Venomian citizens going about their day, walking from store to store across the street; there were very few cars, if any.

Despite the dilapidated nature of the city, many of the civilians seemed happy; Many carries boxes or bags, wrapped in multicolored, recycled paper.

People went about their post-work day, going from store to store. The man in the trench coat stopped in front of an antique shop, looking through the front window. Most of the space was filled with various old things; a rotary phone with a Venomian standard plug haphazardly spliced onto the end of the power cord, an ancient-looking holocomputer whose transparent glass screen was flanked by metal brackets holding the light projectors for the display, a 30-inch cathode ray tube television, tuned to a news network.

The news channel showed footage of President Bowman’s speech declaring war on Corneria in full, and the man in the coat watched, his eyes reflecting a great burden in his mind.

“Fellow Venomians. As the President and elected representative of the Supreme Executive Council of Venom, I come to you today with a message of hope, but also of struggle. Years ago, my grandfather led this great nation in a fight for liberation from Corneria. After Andross’s loss and death, the Cornerians, led by General Pepper, took a policy of total suppression. They claimed that we were an inherently aggressive people, and barred us from even the most basic of planetary defenses. They offered no refuge or aid from our ruin, most certainly relishing in our demise. Corneria has used the long reach of its spear to stab at us, to push us down time and time again. They have ruined our ecosystem, exploited our planet's resources, and punished our people for the most egregious act of wanting independence.”

The man in the coat shook his head.
“Back when that treaty was signed, it was just the council, having been elected as provisional representatives.” He muttered a correction at the television, as if arguing with Bowman. “The current President hadn’t even been elected yet. With how tightly the media is controlled, who really knows what Corneria offered.”

The television continued.
“Corneria discounted us as no more than thugs, criminals, and barbarians, but they did not think of the superior will-the superior determination-of Venom. For hundreds of years, Corneria has known no true threat within its own system, and as a result they have grown soft. The Lylat War has shown this, and with even greater preparation, and newfound allies sympathetic to our righteous cause, we have built a force capable of fighting Corneria and winning. No longer shall Corneria thrust us downward and oppress the superior Venomian!”

“Superior.” The man scoffed. “Not the best choice of words... If the economy weren’t in shambles, I’d say fire the presidential speech writer.”

"Not only has Corneria oppressed us is these ways, but they continue to expand, now venturing into other universes to gain allies for their political empire. They claim that it's for mutual prosperity, but their increased military production says otherwise; they must be preparing for war, and who else would they target but their longstanding political rival, Venom? Corneria's warmongering will no longer be tolerated. They have spent the last two years ramping up construction, weapons production, and using their new interversal 'union' to build their strength. It is not a union for the prosperity of all, but a union for Corneria's prosperity! If we are to survive, we must defy their current actions with strength and conviction!"

"It isn't the most ridiculous take on current events... Though, now I can't help but wonder if the Supreme Council had secretly done something to put Pepper on edge. And seeing the massive scale of the hidden military Venom has unleashed, it's possible that Corneria caught wind of Venomian projects at an earlier date..."

“The so-called ‘Jewel of the Lylat System’ and their tyranny shall no longer be tolerated! I have spoken with the High Council, and we have come to agree that now is the time for action.”

“Looking back, I suppose it was more like the High Council was the one doing most of the speaking...” the man lamented. “It’s only been a couple days, but everything seems so different. All this time, why did I spend so much time in that empty city?”

“Today shall be our day of salvation!”

The image of the orangutan from the High Council glaring came to the man’s mind.
Or our day of total subjugation.

The news caster spoke with an enthusiastic smile, congratulating President Bowman on his speech.
"After years of poverty and generations of living underground, it seems that the Council is working on getting us to a better place!"

The man shook his head and walked away from the television, moving past several more stores and slowly working his way through the bustling city crowd, keeping his head low and his eyes down.

The figure walked past several apes and lizards, turning down a dark alley. At the other end was another simian; a monkey in jeans and a leather jacket, with a strange red bar going horizontally over his eyes. He visibly cocked his head slightly down and up, looking over the trench coat man’s rather stereotypical getup.
“You’re kinda new ta this, ain’tcha?” The monkey asked.

The figure shrugged.

“Don’t talk much, either...”

The monkey reached into a bag behind him, pulling out several massive files. The man in the coat began flipping through one; a file on “Project Mandrill.”

“Hey, uh, can we hurry this up? You know it’s Veno’den, right? Cash has been tight so I couldn’t afford gifts, so don’t make me get home late on top of that...”

“This is more important than a holiday.” The figure stated bluntly.

The ruffian looked at the man in the trench coat curiously; his voice sounded kind of familiar.
“I’m only doin’ this ‘cause W- Er, ‘cause a friend of mine called in a favor. Said the whole Lylat System ‘lays in the balance’ or some shit, whatever he meant by that.”

“It does.”

The monkey simply looked on in confusion.

“You know Venom is at war with the Multiversal Union, right?” the trench coat asked.

“Uh yeah, no shit.”
“Well, the original plan was to take some empty land, push their fleets back, and as soon as a stalemate was reached, sue for peace to renegotiate the treaty that ended the Lylat War. But the council has started leaving the President and the Marshal out of the talks, and has started ramping things up.”

The ruffian looked at the strange man, intrigued but still not quite settled.
“Okay, so... The council is taking more land. They probably just want to put Venom on stronger footing to force Corneria to the negations faster. Anything wrong with that?”

The man in the coat rushed at the ruffian, grabbing him by the jacket. His voice rose considerably, finally revealing his stress as a quick-paced, restrained, and raspy shout.
“They’re not trying to negotiate! They’re trying to subjugate and kill! They’re sending that new special research division from the security branch to Earth, and separating children from their parents! They’re breaking down families and putting them in camps!”

The monkey’s eyes widened, as he seemed to recognize where he had heard the voice before. He raised his hands nonconfrontationally, glancing down.
“Oh.” his voice stayed quiet, dejected. “I... Wow, that’s messed up.”

There was a long silence, as the trench coat-clad man resumed shuffling through the files, this time at a faster pace. The ruffian looked over to the man and his files.
“So... uh... what exactly are those for?”

“These are files on Venom’s secret projects. Specific projects even the president doesn’t know about.”

The monkey smiled slightly, getting the picture.
“Projects the Council is in charge of?”

“Yes.”

There was another pause, before the man packed the files into a large case, turning to face the ruffian.
“Tell Wolf thanks for me. And tell him to make sure his jet’s ready to go, too. There might be a time soon where I’ll need his more usual services.”

With a nod, the man in the coat turned, and began walking away. He made it a mere two steps before stopping with a sigh. Slowly, he turned back around and approached the ruffian.
“You’re really that low on cash?”

The simian nodded, disheartened.
“I know there’s not much Bowman can do about it, but a lot of the Council’s regional policy screwed the rest of us over. The war tax cut into my pay a bit, uh... Well, I think you get it. We can scrape by, though.”

The man in the coat sighed, glancing at his feet.
So this is what it’s been like outside of the capital.

He reached a hand into his coat, and pulled out his wallet, handing a rather generous amount of cash to the man in front of him.
“Here. If you’re going to be late getting to your family, at least you can be late with some gifts.”

The ruffian raised his visor, looking at the money. He seemed apprehensive for some time, before finally reaching out and taking it.
“T-thank you. This means... a lot.” he said, eyes watering. The monkey quickly lowered his visor back over his eyes, and walked back into the depths of the alley.

Kozhva, Russian Federation, Earth-A

As the Venomians rushed in a crazed state, Vasily watched as they came straight down the street, occasionally jumping over cars and debris, but still seemingly one-minded. He turned to his men, quickly shouting orders. As he directed his men, his plan seemed to slowly fall in place.

The large group of infantry snapped out of their momentary daze, and all lined up, forming a wall across the entire street in front of Vasily. The front of the line was formed by men with AK-pattern rifles, with a second line just behind them; men with PKT machine guns placed the barrel over the first line's shoulders, using the bipod stand as a brace. Next to each of the PKT operators was another man, acting as a loader and helping feed the belt.

These first two lines formed as the first group, which opened fire with the PKT machine guns, the front line using their rifles to accurately hit ant Venomian who got past Vasily's designated "kill zone," the range at which the machine guns chose to fire as a group.

Behind the first group formed a second group, and behind them, a third. When the first group's machine guns ran out of ammunition, they would drop to the ground to reload, the second standing already prepared to open fire, and so on, cycling through the first, second, and third groups to allow for an absolute continuous wall of bullets. Down the middle of the second and third groups, more troops would pass belts of ammunition down the lines from a supply truck.

Eventually, many of the barrels of the machine guns in the first group began overheating, and new barrels were passed through the supply line. The loaders simply removed the old barrel and sent it back down the supply line, placing the new barrel in and locking it in place.

Vasily watched with reserved fear as the seemingly endless horde of rabid apes ran towards his men, being mowed down by machine gun fire in a sea of blood and dead. Very slowly, the Venomians seemed to push forward as a group, even despite their losses.

Vasily's hands shook, as he reached for his radio. As he looked into the crowd, his eyes locked with one of the Venomians. In that flash, he saw terror, hatred, and despair; it was as if the Venomian soldier's eyes had pieced straight through the man's soul. One detail seemed to stay in his mind with the image of the eyes; instead of being white, they were an almost florescent yellow.

Snapping himself out of it, Vasily called to another supply truck.
"I need grenades brought to-"

Just then, the banshee emitters turned off, and the Venomian crowd slowed to a halt, many clutching their heads, some fainting. The Russians stopped firing, and ahead of their formation were what Vasily figured to be at least a few hundred bodies.

Most of the remaining infantry retreated behind the line formation of the Venomian IFVs, dragging the few that were too shell shocked to move. In a matter of moments, the entire field was back to the situation it was at before the banshee emitters were deployed, aside from the massive casualties on both sides.

In one of the IFVs, the Venomian commander watched the battle through a computer screen, horrified. One of the crew turned to him, and attempted to cover up his nervousness while relaying the information.
"Sir, we've lost... one quarter of our forces. Our tanks are still in a stalemate with the enemy armor..."

The commander didn't break his gaze from the screen, his brows furrowing.
"ETA of the light mechs?"
"Fifty seconds, sir."

Something in the man snapped.
"Deploy the Shogun from orbit!"
"Deploying Shogun."

There was a long moment of silence, and slowly a high pitched whistling would be heard growing louder and louder all around the city, as if the sky itself were falling. In a matter of seconds, a massive explosion ripped through the ground just outside of Kozhva, sending debris flying high and fast through the air. A powerful shockwave emanated from the crater, blowing tall grass back and forth. When the wave hit the outside of Kozhva, the wall crumbled instantly. Windows shattered, just before buildings were blown apart from front to back. If the object had landed in the city, the entire town would have surely been destroyed.

Slowly, the smoke and dust cleared, and standing in the crater just outside of the city was a 100 meter tall, 35,000 metric ton behemoth metal ape, painted off-white and with glowing eyes. It held a massive kite shield almost 80 meters long and 40 meters wide in its left hand, and what appeared to be a massive, mech-sized laser pistol in its right hand.

The Shogun mech raised its right arm rather deliberately, taking aim at the city with its gun.

Vasily looked upwards to the sky, seeing the mountain of metal; he lost his voice, having never seen anything like the mech in his life. Eventually, his voice came back to him, and he blurted out the first thing that came to his mind.
"T-that's impossible!"

Almost as quickly as the mech appeared, several large, hovering transports rushed through the air, landing in the city. Printed in black in neat, block letters was "IMPDO." Several troops poured out of the back of each vehicle, some carrying some rather strange weaponry and equipment. Vasily rushed over the the commander in charge of the IMPDO forces.
"It's about time you showed up!"

The IMPDO commander seemed distracted by directing his men, but acknowledged Vasily.
"Sorry about that, the blizzard made getting here a real pain in the ass."

Venomian Detention Camp, Sicily, Earth-A

As Lilith entered the tent, she would see three Venomians playing some kind of card game. Luckily her magical stealth abilities made her invisible to the guards, and her extremely thorough shower kept the group from noticing any strange smells. Also luckily for Lilith, they were too busy with their card game to notice her entering the tent, or her going through the trap door on the dirt floor.

The ladder climb downward was dark, but only lasted for about ten feet, leading directly to a very small room with an elevator. Clearly, this facility had existed prior to the Venomian invasion, and the Venomians had simply decided to use the abandoned facility for themselves; even the advanced engineering capabilities of those from the Lylat system couldn't make permanent underground bases in the couple of days that Venom had occupied Earth for.

The elevator was rather large, capable of housing a car inside. It was also well lit and clean. Very clean.

There were only two floors; "Ground" and "Basement 1." Pressing the Basement 1 button would send the car rushing downward quickly, down what must have been one hundred meters or so, though it'd be impossible to tell from inside the elevator.

As soon as the elevator had slowed to a stop, the doors opened. As Lilith would exit, two Venomian soldiers boarded, the first looking behind him. Unwittingly, he stood with his face mere inches from Lilith. The lizard's eyes squinted, as he seemed to take a careful, long, and deliberate breath in through his nose. After several seconds, he glanced to the side, sighing with relief.

"What is it?" his partner asked.
"Eh, nothing. I thought I smelled someone, but the elevator's empty. It's probably just from whoever used the elevator last."
"Huh, weird."

The elevator had taken Lilith to a large room. It was well lit, but mostly empty aside from a few soldiers chatting at tables while looking over some papers. These soldiers wore dress uniforms, but not those of the Venomian Army, but rather an all black uniform with maroon trim. on the left shoulder was a branch insignia patch, like the other Venomian uniforms, but a symbol only the troops found at the camps wore; this insignia was a triangle, with a hand grasping a lightbulb from the top centered inside.

Looking around the room, there were two exits. Behind Lilith, and not too far away from the elevator doors, was a simple metal door with a sign reading "Storage." At the front of the room was a glass door with a sign reading "Main Facilities." Through the glass door, one would see a long, wide hallway leading across the underground base, several doors and paths branching off of it. The hallway was pristine and brightly lit, with white walls and a light blue tile floor.

Jungle, Fortuna

The commander of the Cornerian recon squad stepped forward, when King K. Rool curiously made mention of Corneria's enemy 'being reptiles.'
"Yeah, those slimy bastards attacked-"

"What Sarge here is trying to say-" the squad's radio operator interrupted, shooting a quick glare to his superior before continuing his explanation to the crocodile monarch. "-Is that the Council Republic of Venom has declared war on us, and is our current enemy. We should clarify that while yes, simians and reptiles are the majority ethnicities of Venom, and are minorities in Corneria, the true is the same in reverse for other races; Just as there are Cornerians who are apes, lizards, and crocodiles, there are Venomians who are dogs, cats, and birds. Our war is political, not ethnic."

The radio operator looked over to the commander through the corner of his eye, brow furrowed.
"After all, in a society that has existed for fifteen thousand years, racism isn't very well received." his voice was filled with contempt for the sergeant.

The commander looked over the the radio operator with a glare, mumbling. Slowly, he turned to K. Rool, sighing.
"Okay, we're here to escort you to our base, since you agreed to help us."

Cornerian Army Base, Fortuna, Lylat System

In the middle of the jungle, within a massive clearing, stood a large fence topped with razorwire, circling the perimeter about twenty meters in from the edge of the clearing; several meters inward, another, identical perimeter fence stood. Deep trenches lined either side of each fence, just deep and wide enough to trap any non-hovering vehicles attempting to cross them. A paved road passed through the middle of the fences, for perimeter patrols. Every few dozen meters along the outside edge of the road stood a large rectangular prism about two meters tall and one meter wide.

The commander of the recon team brought King K. Rool and his group all the way to the gates of the base, which were flanked with guard towers that stood 15 meters tall. At the top of the guard towers were floodlights and a number of guards.

Beyond the gates, the base appeared to simply be a large town, with all of the amenities an average town would offer, including restaurants, offices, shops, bars, and even an arcade.

As the group entered the base, they would be greeted by a basset hound that had a passing resemblance to General Pepper, though clearly a bit younger. Despite his younger age, the canine officer had a very stern, hardened expression. His eyes were hidden behind a pair of black sunglasses with perfectly round frames.

In contrast to Pepper, this man wore a dark green dress uniform, the same as most low-to-mid ranking officers in the Cornerian Armed Forces, but with considerably more trappings, such as a ceremonial rope and epaulettes. A saber rest on the left side of his hip, polished to a shine.

The recon commander saluted, becoming uncharacteristically robotic and precise.
"Sir! We have arrived with the source of the message."

The basset hound stood with his hands at rest behind his back, looking over K. Rool and his forces with a kind of authoritative judgement.
"Very well. At ease." he glanced to the recon team, who then quickly dispersed.

The rather stiff hound looked directly to King K. Rool with a neutral expression.
"My name is Captain Shears. I have been assigned to lead the operations on this planet. I have been informed that you wish to provide aid to our war effort?"

IMPDO Japan Headquarters, Tokyo, Earth-A

Commissioner Hanshiro Masato (?) sat at his desk as he read a number of news articles on his computer. Aside from the quiet flow of air from the air conditioner, there was no noise in the large office. The screen of the computer monitor displayed a BBC article covering the results of the Venomian occupation, including the concentration camps ran by the recently identified “Vanguard Divisions.”

Cosmocratic Unity Movement Gains Massive Traction as National Governments Fall

As the Venomian occupation rapidly spreads, many national leaders and figureheads have surrendered, either in hopes for peace or to retain power, but in doing so have left their citizens to the will of Venom. As people take up arms and revolt against Venomian occupational forces, an idea sparked by first contact with Corneria has now become a wildfire; the formation of a common, planetary government for humanity and the citizens of Earth...

“If IMPDO moves quickly, we could take advantage of this support...” the Commissioner muttered to himself, pensively. “A global republic... the dreams I’ve had since childhood, coming to fruition at last...”

A trickle of rain began tapping gently on the large window behind the elderly man. He closed his eyes, leaning backwards into his chair and musing to himself. As he drifted into sleep, he found himself at the IMPDO Main Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The tall, dark, sleek building was all too familiar to the man. However, one thing stood out; the flag pole at the front of the building had a new flag, a blue field with seven interlocked white rings, and a thick red stripe placed horizontally through the center.

As he looked at the flag, it seemed distant but real. The Commissioner thought back on everything that had happened. His first visions, the rift that took Tadayoshi and his subsequent return with others from different universes, meeting Corneria. He though of his first visions of planetary war, no doubt in his mind referring to the Venomians, and his warnings to IMPDO and the world. What seemed like a prophecy outlining the Earth’s demise now seemed like its trial by fire, its rebirth.

“Is this another vision, or just another dream?” The man wondered out loud. “Either way... All this suffering in the past few days pales in comparison to what our planet has gone through for the last few thousand years. If we can really learn to be one... that will all be worth it.”

The commissioner chuckled as he watched the flag flap in the wind.
“Maybe this war is the kick in the pants our species needed to get to the next step...”

Maybe the world is ready...
Last edited by Petrokovia on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Communist from Philly living with multiplicity; We literally are Petrokovia. We are very spiritual adherents to our religion.
Pro: AES, Juche, communism, armed revolution, God (Mikotorma), reappropriating monarchical terms for socialist things (what's in a name?), the ethereal spaceship polycule sent by Allah to guide us, freedom of expression and religion
Anti: Fascism, absolute monarchy, capitalism, imperialism, Demiurge/Saklas, bigotry of any kind
Note: I do not use NS Stats, NS Tracker, etc. I only use my own factbooks and written information; The main canon used is the Democratic Socialist Vesperist Realms of Petrokovia (DSVRP)
من خلال الشدائد وسفك الدماء إلى المجد نسير بنور قلوبنا على طريق ميكوتورماه
National Anthem: Our Country!
National Religion: Vesperism

*Communist and Proud!*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse