NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: Age of Darkness [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:16 am

Whew, and that's the first mechanics post finalized.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:27 am

Lightningstone being replaced for Teslanite basically just revolutionizes my entire industry now. That means that my electromagnetic forges from just fabricating Teslanite. Might have to start putting up actual forges to craft my mundane stuff now.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:36 am

Hmm. On second thought, can we bring RNG research back? :p

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:50 am

G… 25 turns for one comprehension is a little much.
Edit: never mind, I won’t even be eligible for a university turn 1. So infinite turns for any research at all is more than a little much.
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:58 am

Lazarian wrote:Hmm. On second thought, can we bring RNG research back? :p

Personally I prefer weighted research breakthrough chances, but I’ve heard fairly fulsome feedback that folks want to be able to track their progress. Of course, if that consensus dissolves, I’m fine with reverting to the old system.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:59 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:G… 25 turns for one comprehension is a little much.
Edit: never mind, I won’t even be eligible for a university turn 1. So infinite turns for any research at all is more than a little much.

Ah, but have you consulted the Capitol City?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:11 am

Ralnis wrote:Lightningstone being replaced for Teslanite basically just revolutionizes my entire industry now. That means that my electromagnetic forges from just fabricating Teslanite. Might have to start putting up actual forges to craft my mundane stuff now.

Imagine building actual forges like a chump

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:28 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Lightningstone being replaced for Teslanite basically just revolutionizes my entire industry now. That means that my electromagnetic forges from just fabricating Teslanite. Might have to start putting up actual forges to craft my mundane stuff now.

Imagine building actual forges like a chump

Good thing I learned refined Smithing and ironworking from my invasions of the Velathrrim and Corvians.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:41 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:G… 25 turns for one comprehension is a little much.

My point about 25 turns for a single comprehension remains. I’ll get like two techs this entire era. For a new civ, that’s crippling.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:03 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

My point about 25 turns for a single comprehension remains. I’ll get like two techs this entire era. For a new civ, that’s crippling.

It isn't 25 turns, it's 25 research points. 1 per city, 1 bonus for civ and university or whatever.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:42 pm

Lazarian wrote:Hmm. On second thought, can we bring RNG research back? :p

Personally I prefer weighted research breakthrough chances, but I’ve heard fairly fulsome feedback that folks want to be able to track their progress. Of course, if that consensus dissolves, I’m fine with reverting to the old system.

I'm fine with either. I just saw "120 Research" and got spooked for a second - but that's only a few techs.

50 for a comprehension feels a little harsh, though.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:46 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:My point about 25 turns for a single comprehension remains. I’ll get like two techs this entire era. For a new civ, that’s crippling.

It isn't 25 turns, it's 25 research points. 1 per city, 1 bonus for civ and university or whatever.

No, it’s 25 turns. 2 for a capital city, and 50 research points for a comprehension. 50 divided by 2 is 25.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:47 pm

Lazarian wrote:

I'm fine with either. I just saw "120 Research" and got spooked for a second - but that's only a few techs.

Mayhaps - but tech costs have to be reasonably steep. After all, one can in, say, Corvus, theoretically erect at a fairly rapid pace 10+ Colleges.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:48 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Ralnis wrote:It isn't 25 turns, it's 25 research points. 1 per city, 1 bonus for civ and university or whatever.

No, it’s 25 turns. 2 for a capital city, and 50 research points for a comprehension. 50 divided by 2 is 25.

Oh, now I understand. I wasn't paying attention.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:56 pm

Lazarian wrote:I'm fine with either. I just saw "120 Research" and got spooked for a second - but that's only a few techs.

Mayhaps - but tech costs have to be reasonably steep. After all, one can in, say, Corvus, theoretically erect at a fairly rapid pace 10+ Colleges.

Shhhhh, no need to shine a light on that. :p

I like the mechanics so far. Seem pretty good. Can Luxury Resources be consumed in Settlements? And how hard is it to move people around? Is it the same (+1 Disorder in both locations) as last era?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Lazarian wrote:I'm fine with either. I just saw "120 Research" and got spooked for a second - but that's only a few techs.

Okay, but then you need to give new civs a decent starting bonus to compensate. Otherwise it’s just straight miserable, because they can’t even build any universities starting off - they don’t have enough population.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:17 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

Okay, but then you need to give new civs a decent starting bonus to compensate. Otherwise it’s just straight miserable, because they can’t even build any universities starting off - they don’t have enough population.

Hmm. Perhaps some sort of “Savages, Barely Even Human” modifier negating the Capitol City Research production for the first 10-20 years?

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:27 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm. Perhaps some sort of “Savages, Barely Even Human” modifier negating the Capitol City Research production for the first 10-20 years?

Why not just boost the starter civilizations' research for a bit?
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:38 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm. Perhaps some sort of “Savages, Barely Even Human” modifier negating the Capitol City Research production for the first 10-20 years?

Why not just boost the starter civilizations' research for a bit?

Certainly a possibility. Of course, that's also why entry level techs are cheaper than others.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:48 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Certainly a possibility. Of course, that's also why entry level techs are cheaper than others.

Sounds fair.

And oh, do I need Exotic Trapping to use God-Spiders or do I need the next tier of it (whatever that may be) to use them big ol' spiders?
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:57 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Certainly a possibility. Of course, that's also why entry level techs are cheaper than others.

Sounds fair.

And oh, do I need Exotic Trapping to use God-Spiders or do I need the next tier of it (whatever that may be) to use them big ol' spiders?

That do be what the next tier is for, for those truly dangerous or gigantic beasts.

Though, that largely depends on what you mean by 'use'.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:07 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:That do be what the next tier is for, for those truly dangerous or gigantic beasts.

Though, that largely depends on what you mean by 'use'.

Could I use God-spiders in different applications? One as a beast of burden and another in combat?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:18 pm

Hey G can you add Celestial Hegemony and Imperial Census?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:52 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:

Could I use God-spiders in different applications? One as a beast of burden and another in combat?

Hmm, well, they're pretty rare and intelligent beasts. I doubt they would consent to being beasts of burden, but you can always appropriately enslave/force them to such ends.

Novas Arcanum wrote:Hey G can you add Celestial Hegemony and Imperial Census?

Ah yes, I'll get the Census in.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:00 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm, well, they're pretty rare and intelligent beasts. I doubt they would consent to being beasts of burden, but you can always appropriately enslave/force them to such ends.

How about combat then? Would they enjoy that?
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse