NATION

PASSWORD

Where The Green Grass Grows [OOC][OPEN][HISTORICAL]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:21 am

Hopal wrote:Can I reverse Canada?


You sure can.

Strala wrote:American gdp should be around 61 billion or so. The cost of ww1 to america was around 32 billion or 52% of its gdp. At least according to the source I used.


I'm just looking at a general estimate around the period of ww1, I'll check some other sources.
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Hopal
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1150
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:29 pm

Image

NS Nation Name: Hopal
Nation Name (Official): The Dominion of Canada
Nation Name (Shortened): Canada
Capital City: Ottawa
Type of Government: Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Leader: Head of State: King George V Head of Government: Prime Minister Robert Borden
Territory: IRL Canada
Colonies: N/A
Primary Religion: Christianity
Primary Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
GDP (Nominal): $9 Million


Active Duty Troops: 300,000
Reserve Troops: 700,000
Total Manpower: 1,000,000

Tanks: N/A
Aircraft: N/A
Artillery Pieces: Around 350
Cavalry: Around 1500

Dreadnoughts: N/A
Frigates: 7
Battleships: N/A

History: Before the arrival of European settlers the land that would one day become Canada was settled by various Indigenous tribes that mostly lived in peace and harmony. The first European to explore the lands was Leif Erikson in and around the year 1000, though permanent settlements by European wouldn't be established until after the expeditions of John Cabot and Jacques Cartier in 1497 and 1534. With the primary nations that claimed the area being Great Britain and France, and the rivalry between them from centuries past would spill over onto the new continent. Both the British and the French would establish trade posts where they would trade the Indigenous peoples of the area for fur and other items. Catholic missionaries brought over by the French would try to convert these people, but they were mostly unsuccessful in their aim. There would be some small-scale skirmishes between the British and French settlers and also with the Indigenous peoples over control of the fur trade. But tensions between the British and French in Europe would often cause full blown wars in North America, with the French and Indian Wars being additional theatres of the: Nine Years' War, War the Spanish Succession, War of the Austrian Succession, and Seven Years' War. With the last one causing the handover of almost all French land in North America to handed over to the British.

Though Britain had taken over Quebec (a former territory of France) was allowed to retain relative autonomy with the French language, Catholic faith, and French civil law. When the American revolution broke out, some revolutionaries tried to invade Canada and convince it to join the revolutionary cause, though the movement didn't garner much support and the revolutionaries were kicked out of Canada. After the Revolution Canada became a safe haven for loyalists in the former thirteen colonies and many would move to Canada. Britain would go to war with America again in 1812, though that ended in a stalemate. For around half-century Britain and America would be in multiple disputes regarding borders on the continent. In 1837 rebellions would break out across the colonies and Britain struggled at first to quell them, eventually having to give to demands for a more democratic government, establishing the Province of Canada uniting Upper and Lower Canada. In 1867 there was a desire among many politicians in British North America to unite all of the British colonies on the North American continent, and to be granted more autonomy, and following many conferences and negotiations the Dominion of Canada was established. Giving Canada more self-governance, while still deriving power from the British Crown.

Over the next few years Canada would develop its western most provinces, building a railway connecting the continent and advertising free farmland to immigrants. In 1914 when the UK entered the Great War, Canada still very much dependent on Britain would hear the call to arms and go to war. Canada would make a considerable effort in the war with 60,000 Canadians dying, after a war that shaped the Canadian identity may are calling for total Independence for Canada.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=503551&p=38637123&hilit=#p38637123

Other: N/A

I accept and acknowledge the rules, terms, and premise of this roleplay: Hopal

Do Not Remove: Pepperoni Pizza Pie
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists. (To be Reviewed)
Member of the IFTC and ICDN
Representative Richard Douglas (DFL-MN-04) [Home of the Brave]
Secretary of State William Claiborne [Home of the Brave]
The Dominion of Canada [Where the Green Grass Grows]

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Hopal wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Hopal
Nation Name (Official): The Dominion of Canada
Nation Name (Shortened): Canada
Capital City: Ottawa
Type of Government: Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Leader: Head of State: King George V Head of Government: Prime Minister Robert Borden
Territory: IRL Canada
Colonies: N/A
Primary Religion: Christianity
Primary Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
GDP (Nominal): $9 Million


Active Duty Troops: 300,000
Reserve Troops: 700,000
Total Manpower: 1,000,000

Tanks: N/A
Aircraft: N/A
Artillery Pieces: Around 350
Cavalry: Around 1500

Dreadnoughts: N/A
Frigates: 7
Battleships: N/A

History: Before the arrival of European settlers the land that would one day become Canada was settled by various Indigenous tribes that mostly lived in peace and harmony. The first European to explore the lands was Leif Erikson in and around the year 1000, though permanent settlements by European wouldn't be established until after the expeditions of John Cabot and Jacques Cartier in 1497 and 1534. With the primary nations that claimed the area being Great Britain and France, and the rivalry between them from centuries past would spill over onto the new continent. Both the British and the French would establish trade posts where they would trade the Indigenous peoples of the area for fur and other items. Catholic missionaries brought over by the French would try to convert these people, but they were mostly unsuccessful in their aim. There would be some small-scale skirmishes between the British and French settlers and also with the Indigenous peoples over control of the fur trade. But tensions between the British and French in Europe would often cause full blown wars in North America, with the French and Indian Wars being additional theatres of the: Nine Years' War, War the Spanish Succession, War of the Austrian Succession, and Seven Years' War. With the last one causing the handover of almost all French land in North America to handed over to the British.

Though Britain had taken over Quebec (a former territory of France) was allowed to retain relative autonomy with the French language, Catholic faith, and French civil law. When the American revolution broke out, some revolutionaries tried to invade Canada and convince it to join the revolutionary cause, though the movement didn't garner much support and the revolutionaries were kicked out of Canada. After the Revolution Canada became a safe haven for loyalists in the former thirteen colonies and many would move to Canada. Britain would go to war with America again in 1812, though that ended in a stalemate. For around half-century Britain and America would be in multiple disputes regarding borders on the continent. In 1837 rebellions would break out across the colonies and Britain struggled at first to quell them, eventually having to give to demands for a more democratic government, establishing the Province of Canada uniting Upper and Lower Canada. In 1867 there was a desire among many politicians in British North America to unite all of the British colonies on the North American continent, and to be granted more autonomy, and following many conferences and negotiations the Dominion of Canada was established. Giving Canada more self-governance, while still deriving power from the British Crown.

Over the next few years Canada would develop its western most provinces, building a railway connecting the continent and advertising free farmland to immigrants. In 1914 when the UK entered the Great War, Canada still very much dependent on Britain would hear the call to arms and go to war. Canada would make a considerable effort in the war with 60,000 Canadians dying, after a war that shaped the Canadian identity may are calling for total Independence for Canada.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=503551&p=38637123&hilit=#p38637123

Other: N/A

I accept and acknowledge the rules, terms, and premise of this roleplay: Hopal

Do Not Remove: Pepperoni Pizza Pie



The Dominion of Canada is hereby ACCEPTED
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
New Jacobland
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 492
Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Anarchy

Postby New Jacobland » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:49 pm

Can I place a reservation for Spain?
Link here

My nation does not reflect my IRL views

If I am in a non-The Western Isles RP, ignore all factbooks not marked [FORUM].

Likes: Cricket, tennis, Australia, democracy
Dislikes: Guns, warfare, CCP, Modi, North Korea, cigarettes

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:49 pm

New Jacobland wrote:Can I place a reservation for Spain?


Absolutely! :)
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:28 pm

UPDATE

IC will open sometime tomorrow. Gonna aim for the afternoon-evening timeframe.
Last edited by Serbia-Macebonia on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:51 am

Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Laka Strolistandiler
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1367
Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:26 am

I’ve reworked my reg not to overwrite the October Revolution.
For: Cultural Nationalism, Enlightened Dictatorship, Authoritarianism, Pro-Life, Computer-Controlled Command Economy, Collectivism, Machiavellism, National Communism, Anti-Zionism, Total Equality of Sexes, Stoicism, Altruism, Russian Imperialism, Internet Piracy, Nuclear Energy and Weapons

Mixed: Freedom of Speech, Animal Rights, Populism, Democracy, Total War, Environmentalism, Racism

Against: Neoliberalism, Republicanism, Secularism, Capitalism, Abortion, LGBTQ+, Critical Racial Theory, Individualism, Internationalism
Sub Administrator of Affairs Departament for the World Assembly, The Educated Obraztsova Elena-Himiko
IC Flag Iceberg meme cheers to PAS for the idea.
The most based half-black Russian you’re ever going to see in your whole life.
Pride? [REDACTED]

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:32 am

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:I’ve reworked my reg not to overwrite the October Revolution.


In this timeline, the war has already ended in a Central Powers defeat. In your app, you have the war still continuing as well as an annexation of the Baltics and Finland? Even if they wanted protection from the Soviets, they wouldn't have gone and joined Germany outright. You would have to app as either the Weimar Republic, or monarchist forces aiming to restore Wilhelm. There'd also be the Bavarian Commune at this time until at least January, as well as the Bottlenecks and other sparse communes.
Last edited by Serbia-Macebonia on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Laka Strolistandiler
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1367
Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:39 am

Serbia-Macebonia wrote:
Laka Strolistandiler wrote:I’ve reworked my reg not to overwrite the October Revolution.


In this timeline, the war has already ended in a Central Powers defeat. In your app, you have the war still continuing as well as an annexation of the Baltics and Finland? Even if they wanted protection from the Soviets, they wouldn't have gone and joined Germany outright. You would have to app as either the Weimar Republic, or monarchist forces aiming to restore Wilhelm. There'd also be the Bavarian Commune at this time until at least January, as well as the Bottlenecks and other sparse communes.

Apologies... I misread the starting title and thought that this was a late WW1 RP. Sorry!
For: Cultural Nationalism, Enlightened Dictatorship, Authoritarianism, Pro-Life, Computer-Controlled Command Economy, Collectivism, Machiavellism, National Communism, Anti-Zionism, Total Equality of Sexes, Stoicism, Altruism, Russian Imperialism, Internet Piracy, Nuclear Energy and Weapons

Mixed: Freedom of Speech, Animal Rights, Populism, Democracy, Total War, Environmentalism, Racism

Against: Neoliberalism, Republicanism, Secularism, Capitalism, Abortion, LGBTQ+, Critical Racial Theory, Individualism, Internationalism
Sub Administrator of Affairs Departament for the World Assembly, The Educated Obraztsova Elena-Himiko
IC Flag Iceberg meme cheers to PAS for the idea.
The most based half-black Russian you’re ever going to see in your whole life.
Pride? [REDACTED]

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:41 am

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:
Serbia-Macebonia wrote:
In this timeline, the war has already ended in a Central Powers defeat. In your app, you have the war still continuing as well as an annexation of the Baltics and Finland? Even if they wanted protection from the Soviets, they wouldn't have gone and joined Germany outright. You would have to app as either the Weimar Republic, or monarchist forces aiming to restore Wilhelm. There'd also be the Bavarian Commune at this time until at least January, as well as the Bottlenecks and other sparse communes.

Apologies... I misread the starting title and thought that this was a late WW1 RP. Sorry!


I apologize.
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:24 pm

REMINDER: Reservations are limited, the following reservations are slotted;

China, Strala
Germany, Laka S.
Azerbaijan, Sao Nova Europa
Spain, New Jacobland

{Please, if you are interested in apping, fill out an application within the next two days. After that point, reservations expire.}


IC POST IS UP

tag hopal
Last edited by Serbia-Macebonia on Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Speyland
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 427
Founded: May 19, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Speyland » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:07 pm

I would like to reserve Liechtenstein, please.

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Speyland wrote:I would like to reserve Liechtenstein, please.


Alright.
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Monsone
Minister
 
Posts: 2654
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Monsone » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:51 pm

I'd like to reserve Soviet Russia (aka the RSFSR), please.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Liberal Neo-Gaullist (and a Social Gaullist too) Semi-Titoist Statist who doesn't like the mixing of religion or faux-tradition into politics. Oh, and also a technocrat.

Pro: Liberal democracy, strong central government, nuclear power, statism, social democracy, universal single-payer healthcare, high-speed rail, women's right to choose, state-run companies, Titoisim, Neo-Gaullisim, Social Gaullisim, nationalized railway systems, free public transit, patriotism.

Anti: Religion in politics, conspiracy theories, climate denial, fossil fuels, "small" government, any and all sort of discrimination, tax cuts for the rich, faux-conservatism, fascism, nationalism.

User avatar
Strala
Minister
 
Posts: 2027
Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:27 pm

Done

User avatar
Speyland
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 427
Founded: May 19, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Speyland » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:28 pm

Image

NS Nation Name: Speyland
Nation Name (Official): Principality of Liechtenstein
Nation Name (Shortened): Liechtenstein
Capital City: Vaduz
Type of Government: Absolute monarchy
Leader: Prince Johann II
Territory: Here.
Colonies: N/A
Primary Religion: Christianity
Primary Ethnicity: Liechtensteiner
GDP (Nominal): $5.155 billion


Active Duty Troops: 0
Reserve Troops: 0
Total Manpower: 0

Tanks: 0
Aircraft: 0
Artillery Pieces: 0
Cavalry: 0

Dreadnoughts: 0
Frigates: 0
Battleships: 0

History:

1719 CE: Liechtenstein acquires its present name and becomes an independent principality of the Holy Roman Empire.

1815 CE: Liechtenstein becomes a member of the German Confederation until 1866.

1866-1918 CE: Liechtenstein becomes fully independent. Since the beginning of World War I, Liechtenstein has chosen neutrality.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=490228&p=37775475#p37775475

Other: N/A

I accept and acknowledge the rules, terms, and premise of this roleplay: Speyland

Do Not Remove: Pepperoni Pizza Pie

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:37 am

Speyland wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Speyland
Nation Name (Official): Principality of Liechtenstein
Nation Name (Shortened): Liechtenstein
Capital City: Vaduz
Type of Government: Absolute monarchy
Leader: Prince Johann II
Territory: Here.
Colonies: N/A
Primary Religion: Christianity
Primary Ethnicity: Liechtensteiner
GDP (Nominal): $5.155 billion


Active Duty Troops: 0
Reserve Troops: 0
Total Manpower: 0

Tanks: 0
Aircraft: 0
Artillery Pieces: 0
Cavalry: 0

Dreadnoughts: 0
Frigates: 0
Battleships: 0

History:

1719 CE: Liechtenstein acquires its present name and becomes an independent principality of the Holy Roman Empire.

1815 CE: Liechtenstein becomes a member of the German Confederation until 1866.

1866-1918 CE: Liechtenstein becomes fully independent. Since the beginning of World War I, Liechtenstein has chosen neutrality.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=490228&p=37775475#p37775475

Other: N/A

I accept and acknowledge the rules, terms, and premise of this roleplay: Speyland

Do Not Remove: Pepperoni Pizza Pie



ACCEPTED

Monsone wrote:I'd like to reserve Soviet Russia (aka the RSFSR), please.


Great! Finally someone to do the civil war.

Strala wrote:Done


ACCEPTED
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Monsone
Minister
 
Posts: 2654
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Monsone » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:09 am

Image

NS Nation Name: Monsone
Nation Name (Official): Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic
Nation Name (Shortened): RSFSR, Soviet Russia, Red Russia, Russia, etc.
Capital City: Moscow
Type of Government: One-Party Semi-Federal Dictatorship with a Highly-Centralized Power Structure and a Socialist Economy
Leader: Vladimir Lenin
Territory:
Colonies: None
Primary Religion: Officially None (State Atheism). The largest religion by the number of adherents would be Eastern Orthodox Church.
Primary Ethnicity: Russians
GDP (Nominal): The Soviet Union and the RSFSR first recorded their GDP in the late 1980s. Anything before that is estimated at best, with the next best thing being to use numbers from the Russian Empire, but those are going to be off due to the state of internal conflict Russia is in. There are simply no figures to be found for this because there were never official statistics released regarding the Soviet GDP during this time period.


Active Duty Troops: ~5 million
Reserve Troops: ~1.5 million
Total Manpower: ~40 million (There are literally no exact numbers to be found for this)

Tanks: Roughly 60 Renault FTs, and about 20 Mark Vs, all captured from the White Movement/Foreign Interventionists.
Armored Cars: 120 Austin Armored Cars, 30 Garford-Putilov Armored Trucks, A Few Hundred (~200) Assorted Improvised Armored Cars.
Aircraft: I cannot find any particularly accurate or concrete data for the number of aircraft the Red Army had at this time, let alone for what types it fielded.
Artillery Pieces: ~3,000
Cavalry: ~80,000

Dreadnoughts: 4
Frigates: Zero (Frigates kind of died off in the 19th century and don't really make a resurgence until WW2, at least IRL that is)
Battleships: 4
Destroyers: 36
Ocean-Going Gunboats: 5
Riverine Craft: ~160 (Assorted converted ships from tugboats to paddlewheel steamers, to purpose-built ships)

History:

Pre-October Revolution---Following the end of Tsarist rule, and the rise of the new Russian Republic hopes were high. But, power corrupts, and promises where broken. That combined with atrocious war performance (and some foul play on behalf of the Bolsheviks), albeit with the Battle of Moon Sound not ending in a complete defeat for the Russians, led to the overthrow of the Provisional Government in October 1917.

Early Soviet Rule And Civil War---Pretty much as soon as the Soviets took power, the already dire situation in Russia imploded upon itself. Insturectionsist ranging from anarchists to Tsarists took up arms to oppose the nascent Soviet government. Knowing that Russia could not fight the Central Powers and itself led to the signing of the treaty of Brest-Litovsk in its original form, with the only concession to Bolshevik demands being (unlike IRL) Ukraine's independence not being recognized. That didn't matter much, though, since Ukraine had broken away already from Bolshevik control. Despite the less harsh terms of the treaty (compared to IRL), there was still general outrage at the treaty, further damaging the already battered reputation of the Bolsheviks (having overthrown the elected government of Russia et al).

By 1918, it was clear that Russia was no more. In the west, Ukraine was torn between pro-Bolshevik and pro-independence forces, the Baltics where German vassals, Finland was independent, and the rest of Russia was stuck in a power struggle between the Bolsheviks (or "Reds") and the White Movement as well as dozens of smaller local movements. Compounding the Soviet woes was incompetent military command due to the military being based on ideological and not practical lines. Due to this, in early-1918 a massive reorganization of the assorted Soviet forces began with the formation of the Red Army, and the incorporation of experienced officers that formerly fought under the Tsar. Despite this, it was taking time to reform the Red Army, and defeats of all fronts kept pushing the Soviets back. And in mid-1918, Lenin orders on the economic front, an easing of the land seizures, with a greater emphasis on food production efficiency and supply to meet demand.

Despite these defeats and the loss of land, the Tsar and his family were kept alive (unlike IRL) and moved from Yekaterinburg to Moscow (where they remain as of the start of this RP under house arrest in a fairly mundane house), with the intended goal being to eventually use him and his family as negotiation tools as well as pawns. However, it has been made clear by Lenin that the Tsar will not be taken alive by any other force, implying a bloody end for the Tsar (and his family) if anyone attempts to liberate him.

By the end of 1918, the situation on the battlefield was dire. The enemy was closing in on all sides, and with practically no allies to speak of, the Soviets were cornered. Or, so it seemed. The reorganization of the Red Army was nearing completion in time for renewed offensives in 1919. Armed with a superior industrial base compared to the Whites and the other factions, the RSFSR has begun planning major offensives in 1919 to among other things take the Trans-Siberian Railway. Whether the reorganization and these offensives will change the fortunes of the beleaguered Bolsheviks is yet to be seen.

RP Sample: Here is one, ironically, also involving the USSR

Other: The RSFSR has two notionally autonomous nations that it controls as part of the larger Red/Soviet alliance. Those are the Latvian SSR, and the Commune of the Working People of Estonia. Both are Soviet puppet states and are moderately popular.

I accept and acknowledge the rules, terms, and premise of this roleplay: Monsone

Do Not Remove: Pepperoni Pizza Pie
Mohn-sohn-eh

Liberal Neo-Gaullist (and a Social Gaullist too) Semi-Titoist Statist who doesn't like the mixing of religion or faux-tradition into politics. Oh, and also a technocrat.

Pro: Liberal democracy, strong central government, nuclear power, statism, social democracy, universal single-payer healthcare, high-speed rail, women's right to choose, state-run companies, Titoisim, Neo-Gaullisim, Social Gaullisim, nationalized railway systems, free public transit, patriotism.

Anti: Religion in politics, conspiracy theories, climate denial, fossil fuels, "small" government, any and all sort of discrimination, tax cuts for the rich, faux-conservatism, fascism, nationalism.

User avatar
Serbia-Macebonia
Envoy
 
Posts: 345
Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Serbia-Macebonia » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 am

Monsone wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Monsone
Nation Name (Official): Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic
Nation Name (Shortened): RSFSR, Soviet Russia, Red Russia, Russia, etc.
Capital City: Moscow
Type of Government: One-Party Semi-Federal Dictatorship with a Highly-Centralized Power Structure and a Socialist Economy
Leader: Vladimir Lenin
Territory:
Colonies: None
Primary Religion: Officially None (State Atheism). The largest religion by the number of adherents would be Eastern Orthodox Church.
Primary Ethnicity: Russians
GDP (Nominal): The Soviet Union and the RSFSR first recorded their GDP in the late 1980s. Anything before that is estimated at best, with the next best thing being to use numbers from the Russian Empire, but those are going to be off due to the state of internal conflict Russia is in. There are simply no figures to be found for this because there were never official statistics released regarding the Soviet GDP during this time period.


Active Duty Troops: ~5 million
Reserve Troops: ~1.5 million
Total Manpower: ~40 million (There are literally no exact numbers to be found for this)

Tanks: Roughly 60 Renault FTs, and about 20 Mark Vs, all captured from the White Movement/Foreign Interventionists.
Armored Cars: 120 Austin Armored Cars, 30 Garford-Putilov Armored Trucks, A Few Hundred (~200) Assorted Improvised Armored Cars.
Aircraft: I cannot find any particularly accurate or concrete data for the number of aircraft the Red Army had at this time, let alone for what types it fielded.
Artillery Pieces: ~3,000
Cavalry: ~80,000

Dreadnoughts: 4
Frigates: Zero (Frigates kind of died off in the 19th century and don't really make a resurgence until WW2, at least IRL that is)
Battleships: 4
Destroyers: 36
Ocean-Going Gunboats: 5
Riverine Craft: ~160 (Assorted converted ships from tugboats to paddlewheel steamers, to purpose-built ships)

History:

Pre-October Revolution---Following the end of Tsarist rule, and the rise of the new Russian Republic hopes were high. But, power corrupts, and promises where broken. That combined with atrocious war performance (and some foul play on behalf of the Bolsheviks), albeit with the Battle of Moon Sound not ending in a complete defeat for the Russians, led to the overthrow of the Provisional Government in October 1917.

Early Soviet Rule And Civil War---Pretty much as soon as the Soviets took power, the already dire situation in Russia imploded upon itself. Insturectionsist ranging from anarchists to Tsarists took up arms to oppose the nascent Soviet government. Knowing that Russia could not fight the Central Powers and itself led to the signing of the treaty of Brest-Litovsk in its original form, with the only concession to Bolshevik demands being (unlike IRL) Ukraine's independence not being recognized. That didn't matter much, though, since Ukraine had broken away already from Bolshevik control. Despite the less harsh terms of the treaty (compared to IRL), there was still general outrage at the treaty, further damaging the already battered reputation of the Bolsheviks (having overthrown the elected government of Russia et al).

By 1918, it was clear that Russia was no more. In the west, Ukraine was torn between pro-Bolshevik and pro-independence forces, the Baltics where German vassals, Finland was independent, and the rest of Russia was stuck in a power struggle between the Bolsheviks (or "Reds") and the White Movement as well as dozens of smaller local movements. Compounding the Soviet woes was incompetent military command due to the military being based on ideological and not practical lines. Due to this, in early-1918 a massive reorganization of the assorted Soviet forces began with the formation of the Red Army, and the incorporation of experienced officers that formerly fought under the Tsar. Despite this, it was taking time to reform the Red Army, and defeats of all fronts kept pushing the Soviets back. And in mid-1918, Lenin orders on the economic front, an easing of the land seizures, with a greater emphasis on food production efficiency and supply to meet demand.

Despite these defeats and the loss of land, the Tsar and his family were kept alive (unlike IRL) and moved from Yekaterinburg to Moscow (where they remain as of the start of this RP under house arrest in a fairly mundane house), with the intended goal being to eventually use him and his family as negotiation tools as well as pawns. However, it has been made clear by Lenin that the Tsar will not be taken alive by any other force, implying a bloody end for the Tsar (and his family) if anyone attempts to liberate him.

By the end of 1918, the situation on the battlefield was dire. The enemy was closing in on all sides, and with practically no allies to speak of, the Soviets were cornered. Or, so it seemed. The reorganization of the Red Army was nearing completion in time for renewed offensives in 1919. Armed with a superior industrial base compared to the Whites and the other factions, the RSFSR has begun planning major offensives in 1919 to among other things take the Trans-Siberian Railway. Whether the reorganization and these offensives will change the fortunes of the beleaguered Bolsheviks is yet to be seen.

RP Sample: Here is one, ironically, also involving the USSR

Other: The RSFSR has two notionally autonomous nations that it controls as part of the larger Red/Soviet alliance. Those are the Latvian SSR, and the Commune of the Working People of Estonia. Both are Soviet puppet states and are moderately popular.

I accept and acknowledge the rules, terms, and premise of this roleplay: Monsone

Do Not Remove: Pepperoni Pizza Pie


ACCEPTED
Pro: American Republicanism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Centrism, Ronald Reagan, Nikki Haley, Andrezj Duda, Boris Johnson, Radical Centrist Grill Dudes, US in general, people actually having common sense, bipartisanship, intelligence, ALM (All Lives Matter) as a general statement, BLM as a general statement, Americanization
Neutral/Unsure: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Neoliberalism, Marine le Pen, Vladimir Putin, Yahlia
Anti: Communism, Socialism, AOC, "Progressives", Bernie, Kamala, Macron, CCP, Anime (& Japanese culture in general), American stereotypes, idiots, racism, BLM as an organization, ANTIFA, Activism, Nancy Pelosi, Labour Party, Angela Merkel, Globalisation, Social Media Comapnies and platforms, anything on pizza other than pepperoni, onions, or peppers

User avatar
Strala
Minister
 
Posts: 2027
Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:49 am

Would the soviets accept Chinese aid? Although China isn't communist, it does have a socialist economy.

User avatar
Monsone
Minister
 
Posts: 2654
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Monsone » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:54 am

Strala wrote:Would the soviets accept Chinese aid? Although China isn't communist, it does have a socialist economy.


Definitely. Lenin doesn't have the luxury of picking friends since the Soviets are pretty internationally isolated.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Liberal Neo-Gaullist (and a Social Gaullist too) Semi-Titoist Statist who doesn't like the mixing of religion or faux-tradition into politics. Oh, and also a technocrat.

Pro: Liberal democracy, strong central government, nuclear power, statism, social democracy, universal single-payer healthcare, high-speed rail, women's right to choose, state-run companies, Titoisim, Neo-Gaullisim, Social Gaullisim, nationalized railway systems, free public transit, patriotism.

Anti: Religion in politics, conspiracy theories, climate denial, fossil fuels, "small" government, any and all sort of discrimination, tax cuts for the rich, faux-conservatism, fascism, nationalism.

User avatar
Strala
Minister
 
Posts: 2027
Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:57 am

Monsone wrote:
Strala wrote:Would the soviets accept Chinese aid? Although China isn't communist, it does have a socialist economy.


Definitely. Lenin doesn't have the luxury of picking friends since the Soviets are pretty internationally isolated.

Oh, that's good. Probably we'll want the Soviets to give up their claims to Russian concessions in China and return control of the Manchurian railroad to China. This is for official international recognition since de jure China already controls the concessions and railroads. Would we be allowed to keep any ship from the White navy if we capture any?
Last edited by Strala on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Speyland
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 427
Founded: May 19, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Speyland » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:01 pm

About the rules and such, are you saying that there's no alternate history allowed?

User avatar
Strala
Minister
 
Posts: 2027
Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:02 pm

Speyland wrote:About the rules and such, are you saying that there's no alternate history allowed?

I think he says there can be changes. It just can't affect the outcome of WW1, change major nations and events that much, and no changes to international borders

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON, The Pearl River

Advertisement

Remove ads