NATION

PASSWORD

Yigros [IC | Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Yigros [IC | Fantasy]

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:24 pm

The Hall of the Seeker was the home of some long forgotten Noble perched on an outcropping of rock flanked on three sides by steep cliffs. Aldeswald, the capital of Carvhail stretched out to the Northeast from the bottom of the cliff and filled up the semicircular basin formed by a ring of hills with the ocean stretching out to the East. Ships with their holds filled to the brim with goods glided through he glass-like water of the bay which was ablaze with the early morning sun's light reflecting off it. Hardly anyone at all that walked the narrow streets and passage ways that cut underneath the red-tiled roofs below knew of the secrets contained within the aging ramparts, but for the last several hundred years it had been occupied by the Seekers.

Purposefully enigmatic an reclusive, the Seekers have been around for the better part of the past thousand years or so. They thought it necessary given the nature of their self-bestowed undertaking. There were ancient artifacts of old that could level mountains and overthrow Kingdoms but with a single utterance locked away, deep within the stone-guarded vault that lay under the Hall. The ones that could safely be destroyed were done away with, but for the largest portion that option held too many uncertainties. Be assured, the list of those who would revel in the chance to claim the power of just one of the artifacts would be sufficient to fill entire volumes, and the Seekers were what stood in the way of this reckless and tyrannical ambition.

A council of twelve commanded the Seekers as a whole, but the identity of all twelve was not known by any single member. Likewise, they were scattered throughout Yigros, relying on their rigid rules and protocols to keep things running smoothly in the day-to-day. Most of the more seasoned Seekers had either their own homes elsewhere in the world, or they were on long-term missions. Those stationed at the hall were the less-experienced Seekers, temporary 'hires' and those tasked with keeping them alive.

Andale Bartimaeus was the one currently tasked with running the Hall. His name was well known among the Seekers and even among some important figures outside their ranks. But so far, today was not for adventuring. They hadn't received any new reports from Seekers in the field, so they were waiting on call, left to their own devices. Bartimaeus was where he usually was during the daylight hours- in the library with his favorite leather-bound volume open on the table in front of him. Shommauss was curled up nearby, in an apparent slumber. To someone not familiar with Kou, Shommauss could easily be mistaken for an ordinary house cat with tabby fur.

It was still the early hours of the morning, but soon the hall would stir with the green Seekers gearing up for what events the day held.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Sissethesä Tsesasshan had planned to arrive early to the Hall of the Seekers. The young lizard, dressed in leather for the purposes of his mobility, a spear on his back and a knife by his side, looked up at the hall. The sides of his mouth curled up into an elated smile. The green lizard person did a quick hop and skip as he looked up. "Yes! Yes! I found it! I did!" he said, to no-one in particular. He went down on all fours, and with that, moved at great speed towards the entrance. When he reached the door, he stopped, putting up one clawed hand to push the doors. This was a moment he had waited for for a long time.

He chickened out. He wanted to look good while doing it. The sun was low, but there was a little tree blocking the sun's light from directly entering the hall when Sissethesä entered. Using his knife, he quickly cut the tree down, throwing it down a hill where it wouldn't be found. Hopefully. The light would be perfectly placed to enter the hall. He coughed, putting his knife in his left hand and taking his spear and putting it in his right. He finally did one more little jump and skip as he prepared to enter the Hall.

He kicked open the doors, the light of the sun behind him as he stood at the entrance, arms to either side, making a silhouette which would look amazing to any inside. He walked forward...

Smack. He had stood still for too long. The door came back at him, hitting him in the face. "Ouch," Sesa touched his nose. It no longer hurt, but the entire effect he had gone for was over. He opened one of the doors slightly putting his head around and looking at some bemused faces inside.

"Uh... Hello..."

Sesa slowly walked in through the door, closing it gingerly, still holding spear and knife in hand. He stood bolt upright, and placed his knife into its compartment on his belt, trying to put the spear onto his back, and failing. He walked further in.

"Is... Is this the Hall of the Seekers?"
Last edited by Tasuirin on Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Hall of the Seeker

"Today's reading..." Aesther muttered to herself, picking up a few tarot cards as she shuffled them while looking through the book next to her. Tarot reading was something odd to her at least, something she picked up during her journey through the world but something she still loved doing as a morning ritual. As she finished laying the cards out, she flipped over each card, before finally closing the book and keeping the cards. "Today's reading was a little ambiguous." She thought to herself. Today neither predicted good nor bad fortune, it laid exactly in the middle, the perfect balance that was rarely achieved.

Leaving her room, the sound of Aesther's swords lightly clanking against each other could be heard as she went down the hall. She was currently dressed almost in her full standard clothes, although her mask was hung opposite of her swords to the right side of her hips while her hair still wasn't braided and tied. As she passed one of the windows at the entrance of the hall, she looked out for a moment. Today's weather, perfect for training, and-

There's someone cutting a nearby tree down.

With a knife.

"What the-"

As she looked at the person in question casually toss an entire tree down a hall before entering the Hall of the Seekers. Running down to the front door, she slowed down as she came down the stairs towards the entrance area. She walked slowly this time, almost calmed and composed like a noble lady. Each leg coming directly in front of the other down the stairs rather than how she would just come down like a normal person.

"Yes, this is the Hall of the Seekers. And you are?"
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Sesa could barely keep his emotions suppressed anymore, even with the bashful reaction to his failure of an entry. He made a very quick show of his elation, before turning back around to the woman coming down the steps. He became rather bashful yet again, embarrassment playing upon him terribly. The first impressions of anyone in the Hall must have been of an emotionally childish idiot. In truth, part of that was correct - Sesa was still, indeed, fairly childish. However, he was a warrior. Though how to convince people of that...

"Uh... I'm a warrior."

Smooth going, Sesa, he thought to himself. He quickly surmised that they likely would not accept such a simplistic statement. He coughed, hoping to elaborate.

"I was... Thinking that I could join you people. I'm... Pretty good with a spear," he said, fumbling with the spear as he said so, "Though, usually a lot better than now. And I'm a hunter. A-and a forager. And a former mercenary... So... Does someone want to fight for a bit? Or... Something?"

He knew that he was speaking way too much, and saying way too little. He fumbled over most of his words, largely due to the sheer embarrassment of the words prior to those ones and of showing himself up in front of all those currently in the hall. He trailed off into mumbling after that show of his awkwardness. If that was the only impression the people there would get of him, then there was no way he'd get into the Seekers. He had to try and find someone to talk to about it.

"Uh... Is someone in charge here, that I can talk to? You know, just to... Talk... To... Please..."
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:47 pm

Fraesea Tiaulneg
Terrestrial

A human by the name of Brol had directed me to this grand palace of sorts. Walking is easy enough, although moving each leg independently rather than in a swimming motion was still something I was growing accustomed to. Was I supposed to have more than these clothes on my back? Some humans were evidently dressed more ornately than I, and that made me wonder if there was a particular pattern to it. They seemed to have a rather advanced social structure compared to my kind, and more advanced architecture, among other things. But did they have magic, like my kind? They probably did; our languages had many similar words, and the language of magic and Ddaorneg is old. I think I heard it in the city.

The vast structure, anyway, was a feat by any means. Things were harder to lift on land, I found. So it remained beyond me how they managed to erect such vast walls. Perhaps magic. The land was still very interesting. The land-kelp stood firm, and had brown, seemingly stony stipes. Most creatures had legs, just like crabs and creatures of the sea floor. Even the birds that didn’t descend to the ground had legs flailing behind them. Legs were not optional on the land.

The trek up to the doors was more trouble than swimming upwards. It was like the ground pulled downwards, rather than the water pushing back equally no matter the direction. At the door, I saw a reptile on two legs, and a white-haired human speaking with one another. The man by the name of Brol had told me to ask about a man named ‘Barty’. I approached them slowly, and formulated my question in this language I yet had little practice in actual using.

“I...I’m sorry to interrupt...but I was, uh, sent here by a man named Brol,” I began, “He said I should look for a man named ‘Barty’. Is he currently here? Brol said ‘He’ll know what to do with a mermage with legs,’ and sent me up here.”

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Hall of the Seekers

As she was about to reply, another came up to the door. Apparently, a Mermage with legs. What. "I don't get paid for this." Aesther muttered to herself, sighing as she scracthed the back of her head slightly. "You, lizard man. Please just wait for a moment. As for you, the Mermage." She said, looking at both of them respectively. "Please wait, I'll go call him down right now. She bowed, both hands in front and atop of the other. As she walked off towards the library, she leaned towards the wall for a bit. "Perhaps I should call in sick for today..." She muttered to herself. "So many visitors of so many kinds, I must be sick."

Arriving at the library door, she quickly tied her hair up into a ponytail as she knocked on the door. "I will have to settle my hair later." She thought to herself, before opening the door. "Apologies for the intrusion but we have some visitors at the door, one is a former mercenary and another is a Mermage referred over from Brol. I believe both are here concerning joining us. Shall I allow them to come see you or should I send them on their way?"
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Bartimaeus

Shommauss stirred and hopped off the table and stretched before head out of the library. In the room's light, it almost looked as if his coat pattern was shifting ever so slighly. Bartimaeus looked up from his reading and raised his eyebrows at the mention of such an odd couple showing up within moments of each other. "No, that's alright, Aesther. I'll go to them. If the outer wards let them through, they must have some business here." After sitting for so long, Bartimaeus stretched a bit before standing up. As he rose he seemed, for a spit second, as if he were struck by arthritic joints, but the episode passed in the blink of an eye and he was fully reared. He flipped his book closed and tucked it under his arm as he followed the Kou. It was a simple act, something anyone might do, but the way he performed it revealed years of repetition, an act repeated to the point it was just as innate as breathing.

"You seem to be in a mood. Is it due to a recent development or a long-standing internalization that's just come to bear?" Bartimaeus asked as they walked to meed the visitors. He didn't seem all that interested in her answer, but rather appeared to ask for the sake of common courtesy.

Shommauss hung back and jumped effortlessly onto Bartimaeus' shoulder as they came to the fortress' entry hall. "Hello," The Seeker greeted the Merc and the Mermage. "Welcome to Cainhorn Hall, how I help you?"

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Rok

The earliest morning light brought her out of her thankfully dreamless sleep. Dreams usually meant visions for her, and visions meant bad things were to come. She uncurled from her resting form. She had long since adopted the habit of sleeping in the form of a house cat, finding it much more comfortable for sleeping than her normal form. She stretched out in the early morning sun, before stepping through the small crack in the wall that seperated the small backspace she had set up for sleeping and the closet that she kept her stuff in. Shifting back into her normal form, she grabbed her staff and stepped out of the cupboard, cracking and loosening some of her joints as she shifted back fully into her orcish form.

After briefly stopping by the kitchens to grab a loaf of bread for breakfast before heading up to the parapets to meditate, Rok saw the current master of the hall speaking with some people Rok did not recognize. Striding over, she stood behind Bartimaeus and asked him simply "Fresh meat. Good."

Rok looked over the two potential recruits. A lizard and a fish. They wouldn't last a second. She chuckled a bit and said "Then again, maybe not so good. They won't last."

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Sesa simply stood, mouth agape, gazing at Bartimaeus before him. The man wasn't exactly the most imposing man, to be sure, but most definitely, Sesa was impressed nonetheless. He stood in front of the man, by the side of the mermage, as Aesther and Bartimaeus descended back to the entry part of the hall. Whether or not Sesa would get in, he was not sure, but he was excited to be there nonetheless. He quivered slightly, knowing that he'd be judged only once. Failure, to the mercenary, was not an option.

"You're Bartimaeus? Wow, that's... Wow! I... well, I had heard about the Seekers in this city I was staying in, and the stuff you guys do... Well, someone told me about you, tall guy, good hair, and I trekked over here from the city - I couldn't care what city it was - and I'm here now, and I'm in front of you, and I want to join! Well, uh... If you'll have me. I'm really very good with a spear, and, uh... I think I explained it to the lady just before, but I can help with that sort of thing. I like fighting... Well, uh... Quite like it. I-if that's okay. A-and I'd love to learn stuff..." Once again, the lizard was babbling. He took a deep breath, "I'm Sissethesä Tsesasshan. I was part of a mercenary company overseas, raised by its captain, and learnt how to fight there. Long story short, I'm here now, and I want to help in your cause."

Sissethesä shifted from one foot to the other, then back again, looking around at the hall and back to Bartimaeus, smiling. He really wasn't sure what to do from that point. Should he say more, or stay quiet? The former mercenary didn't know. All he knew was that he had to make an impression. Still holding onto his spear, after his failure of putting it onto his back, he gripped tightly, hoping not to appear nervous or too immature for the group. However, an orc came out of what Sesa could only assume were the kitchens, standing behind Bartimaeus. The orc seemed to assume Sesa wouldn't last.

"Hey! I can handle myself. Extremely well, actually... Though, uh... Not to boast. But if you think I'll just rush in somewhere and get myself killed, you'll be wrong!"
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018

Postby Okayanos » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Harrow Lovelock

The crimson-skinned cambion appears in the main room of the hall with inhuman silence, sliding in beside Rok just behind Bartimaeus, their dearly trusted leader, of sorts. Harrow gives the impression of one who's only just managed to wake himself up, as he's covered himself only in the same pants he'd worn yesterday, and a short robe over his upper body that's loose enough to show more of his chest and shoulders than would be quite necessary. As always, the pink flowered branches of his tattoo curl up from the collar of his robe to the back of his neck, with further branches disappearing down his back and along his shoulders. He flicks a stray strand of long, black hair back- it wouldn't be entirely wrong to describe him as looking to have something like 'sex hair'.

Lazy, golden eyes give the fish and lizard newcomers a once-over as he leans against Rok's broad shoulder. The tip of his tail curls up and flicks under the orcish woman's chin- it'd be important to note at this point that Harrow barely knows her, or really, any of his fellow seekers.
"Rok, darling, don't proclaim such things when they're so within earshot. At least give them the luxury of leaving before we talk about them."
Then, he decides to say something to both the newcomes, leaving the orc and sauntering over to the both of them. "You two likely won't last long at all. We only like to get friendly with the ones that do- it's nothing personal. If you're lucky enough, we can all get to know each other quite well." He leaves his choice of word emphasis up for interpretation.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:47 pm

Rok

Scratching her chin where the cambion had flicked it, Rok grunted and said "Ten days. Maybe five." before leaving the group and trudging up some nearby stairs. Atop the castle now, Rok looked around, felt the wind, and reached out into the crystal that adorned the top of her staff. Concentrating hard and speaking the sacred words her mentor had taught her those long years ago, Rok transformed into a great eagle, her staff clasped within her talons. Flying up to the pinnacle of a ruined tower inaccesible to all but the most skilled climbers and birds, she set her staff down and let the wind rush through her feathers. Breathing in and out, Rok felt her mind drift from her body, out to the realms beyond.

Her father stood before her, still in the ceremonial armor he had been wearing the day he died. His skin still smoked from where Rok has used the sun to fry him alive like an ant under a lens. Looking at the man, he turned to her suddenly, his eyes glowing with fire. Why emenated through Rok's mind. Concentrating, she banished the wraith, as she did every morning. She would atone for her sins, even if it took a lifetime or more.

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Aesther Rose

"It's nothing." She replied to Barty, following close behind him as she quickly attempted to fix her hair back into it's usual style. Arriving at the front hall she looked over them once again, left hand resting close to the hilts of her swords. "Perhaps so." Aesther added on, smirking as she placed her face mask back onto it's usual spot. "Perhaps so, 5 to 10 days seems a little merciful no? But I doubt saying these things within ear shot is a good idea." Aesther said to Rok who was leaving, while her right hand was twirling the key that she carried along with her.

"A lizard and a Mermage, I'd give it 3 days." Coming down the stairs, Aesther bowed as she tilted her head up to face them, a somewhat devilious glint in her eyes appeared. "Be careful not to get yourself killed, and we might just get along fine. But if you don't last long rest assured, we'll see you have an honorable funeral at least."
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:10 am

Sesa most definitely was irritated by the consistent low estimations of how long he and the mermage beside him would last. They most definitely underestimated their abilities, at least Sesa's. They knew not of the countless hours of training he had undertaken to be the best in his mercenary company, or the odds he had faced in daily life after that. But regardless of their ignorance, Sesa would prove to them that he was up to any challenge that faced him.

Sissethesä knew that only time would show them how decent he was at surviving. Only that would prove to them that they were wrong, and he was worthy of their respect. Before then, he would have to deal with their hazing as he did with any organisation.

"I don't care what you think I can do. What matters is what I can do. And I can do a lot."

Sissethesä crossed his arms, forgetting that his spear was in his hand, and yet again fumbling around with it, before putting his hands by his side, trying again to look imposing, or otherwise impressive.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Bartimaeus

"Alright you paragons of confidence, why don't I send you all on a mission alone and then see who we may count among the living?" Bartimaeus shook his head and beckoned the new comers inside. "Don't touch anything, it could kill you." He called over his shoulder as he walked towards the kitchen area. "Have either of you had breakfast?" He questioned, finding some bread and cheeses in the pantry.

It wasn't entirely uncommon to have new recruits spontaneously show up on the front step of the Hall. Seekers in the field were told to always keep an eye out for anyone with potential for the job. However, it was his discretion what they would be allowed to know about their inner workings. If they seemed the least bit suspicious, they would be turned away without a second thought.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Fraesea Tiaulneg
Terrestrial

I quietly observed as humans and the lizardman spoke. The man known as Barty was here, at least, so the current goal of seeing him was achieved. One woman, or rather, both women seemed to have quite low expectations for the both of us. Seeing as one referred to us as ‘new meat’, it was likely they had many new people who left quickly, although for what reason I was yet unclear on.

Whatever the case was, the lizardman was noticeably indignant at the insinuation that the both of us wouldn’t last long. I still wasn’t clear on what skills were best for this place. I had a personal wealth of magical knowledge from my unorthodox education, and then, at least around bodies of water, I had good survival skills. On land, I’d need more practice, but otherwise, I thought I was reasonably good at not dying. As long as there was water nearby, my aquatic specialties would be useful. Hydrokinetic arm-mirroring, a spell which my arm tattoos enabled and facilitated, was very useful for a lot of things, what with the strength behind water.

Perhaps my skills were rather specific in some places, but I also had plenty of capacity for learning where I lacked. Whatever it was, the lizardman was upset, so I figured I should be too.

“Well I might not be good with weapons...water makes it hard to swing broadswords and whatnot,” I began, “But I’m a good mage, and I speak Searise. Most Searsia don’t speak your language, after all, so I could help with that if it’s ever needed.”

I shrugged, again reiterating as I followed Barty without a second thought: “I just came on land, and a man named Brol sent me here, so you all are right that I don’t know what I’m getting into. Either way, breakfast would be very nice. I’ve only had a little human food, but it’s much better than raw seafood. Well I guess my father boiled crabs, but he was a Ddaor...”

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:35 am

"Don't touch anything, it could kill you."

The warning was most definitely a strange one. Sesa was inside, bare feet touching carpet. To what extent was 'don't touch anything' a serious warning, and to what extent was it hyperbolic? And how long was it going to be before Sesa would learn, in the wild, what was safe and not safe to touch? On that point, how long was said warning in effect? But it was most evident that even Bartimaeus, while somewhat dismissive of the hazing from the older Seekers, definitely did not hold too much hope himself for the continued survival of all involved. Sesa had many questions, but kept them to himself for the time. The questions could be the difference between life and death, but there would evidently be time to learn. All of these older members were once whelps in the Seekers, and they had survived, evidently by being smart. Sesa would do the same.

However, Bartimaeus offered both of the newcomers, both the mermage and Sesa himself, bread and cheese, asking whether either had eaten breakfast. The mermage, apparently called a 'Searsia', explained their own skills, but then accepted the food offered. Sesa was somewhat confused.

"Uh... I know it may not be the best indication of my survival skills... But I'm no mammal. You're offering me milk. Not sure what you think I'll do with that... The bread... Eh, maybe. I'll take some meat if you have it. If not... I guess some kind of fruits? Insects if you have them."
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:07 am

"Ah, that explains it," Bartimaeus commented upon hearing Fraesea's pedigree. "Sissethesä has already told us his name, but I don't believe I've learned yours," Bartimaeus said as he pulled off a bit of bread from the small loaf in his hand.

Before she could answer, Sesa piped up about the incompatibility of the dairy. "Hmm, I'm afraid you'll have to eat Shommauss there," Bartimaeus deadpanned as he gestured with the loaf of bread to the cat-like creature sitting just out of arms reach on the table, grooming itself. Shommauss head shot up and swivled violently to glare at Bartimaeus as ripples of red seemed to flow through the Kou's fur, elicited a thin smirk from the so far stoic man.

"It seems he disagrees. Try that pantry to your right. There should be plenty of provisions in there."

"So," Bartimaeus began, turning back to Fraesea, "You had the questionable Fortune of meeting Brol Shada? I don't know what you are looking for here, but if you want danger and adventure this could be the perfect place. My colleagues and I are treasure hunters of sorts, and more hands can often be an aid."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:23 am

Fraesea Tiaulneg
Terrestrial

I began to respond to him, before being cut off by his continuing. This man certainly had an eccentricity about him. He had a pet, although the species was one I was unfamiliar with. His comments regarding danger were suspect, but if he was looking for treasure, the seas had plenty enough to go around. Wealthy shipwrecks were common enough in some seas that a few clans of Ielua had rather little care for gold anymore, although the locations of these would be best kept to myself until we’d spoken further.

“I’m Fraesea Tiaulneg since you mentioned it,” I replied, “But yes, I did meet a man named Brol. In terms of adventure, I spent a year or so swimming around the coastal waters. The open seas, are, of course, rather barren, and, other than urchin farmers, you don’t even see Ddaor around, really. And the monsters of the deep aren’t pleasant, I might add. A bit of a stupid risk, I guess you’d say. But anyways, if I join your crew, which seems to be the topic of discussion, I happen to know of some rather wealthy waters around if you’re ever interested. Shipwrecks are all too common in some reefs, you know.”

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:33 am

Sir Sterlane Klefford, the Red Dog

The light from the the morning sun beat down on Sterlane's rough, beaten face causing him to grumble under his breath. He always hate waking up early to brightness of the day. With no point in staying in bed any longer, Sir Klefford got out of bed to piss away his morning grumpiness before donning on his armor. Thank the arcanosmith for putting a rune that allows the armor to be put on easier and quicker. Sterlane remembered that he used to be a squire that had to help his liege to put on his armor.

After putting on his helmet to conceal his veteran face, Sterlane left his quarters with his zweihander to resume his duty as a Seeker. But his stomach says otherwise. Like the hound painted on his chestplate, Sir Klefford followed his nose to grab some meat to eat in the dining hall. After chowing down on a chicken leg and pork stew, Sterlane picked up his sword and went on his way to start his routine of touring the the halls and grounds of this domain.

Consequently, Bartimaeus was present with a few newcomers. Great. Sterlane thought as he approach his leader More to write home about.

"Bartimaeus, sir." Sir Klefford addressed through his helmet as he momentarily ignored the others. "Any tasks for today that needs me?"
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:12 pm

"Haya!" Alaric exclaimed as he brought his horse to a stop at the top of the hill. In front of him stood a magnificent construction: part fortification, part feudal mansion, and all very imposing. The links on his mail glove softly chimed as he stroked his chin while thinking about this quest, intrigued by what he was seeing. Whoever - or whatever - had asked the Aarkin for help was clearly not lacking in money, and probably not power either.

With a light tap, Alaric trotted his horse closer to the entrance of the estate. Nobody was there, but it looked like someone had arrived before he did - quite strangely, a tree was freshly cut down right by the main door. The mystery grew by the minute, he thought to himself. He brought his horse to the side, hopping off of it, and tying it to a branch still connected to the stump. He left his spear fastened to his saddle, but took his tabar and affixed it to his belt on the side, then he walked up to the door, crisply knocking three times.

"Alo!" He greeted the one who opened the door, slamming his fist against his chest, the metal clinking as the two pieces of armor collided together. "Alaric Tolna of the Pallad, reporting in. Rector Padi sought me out, he told me to come here."

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Hall of the Seekers

"Hmph, you know I'm only a scout for this reason." Aesther complained as she followed behind Barty while leading them to the pantry. Perhaps today she would try singing from light fixture to light fixture. Either way, as she was about to leave for the pantry she heard something at the front door. Metal armor clinking. She didn't eat enough or get paid enough for this in the morning. Turning to the new individual, she sighed for a moment and scrutinized him for a moment. Someone of the Aarkin almost with their title. She never really liked any of them so this time was no different.

"Right...and what business do you have here exactly." She said, expression souring slightly as her right hand twitched slightly. Based on her position at the stairs and the distance it shouldn't be that hard to immediately lunge but of course the blood would be a pain to clean out. "If someone sent you then you must have someone to find no? Any names?"
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Alaric raised an eyebrow, curious at his reception. It was pretty clear that they weren't very trusting, which deepened the mystery of who they were. Plus, this didn't seem to be the person he was told to meet - was she the guard of this place, then? "Yes. A man by the name of, hmm, Bar-ti-maeus. Something about needing more manpower for "seeking". Padi told me to come here if I wanted more details."

He gazed at Aesther. "Unless my eyes have gone bad or Padi's memory is bad, I'm going to guess you aren't him. What is your name, then?"

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Hall of the Seekers

"Aesther. Some call me the violet Raven, but since you've been sent here I can't turn you away. Give me a moment." She marched off towards the pantry, swords clanging slightly harder against each other as each step was more forceful. She didn't trust the Aarkin. To her they did their job sure but at what cost? Thieves and liars, that was what they were built upon. Hypocrites to the light, savior of the coin. As she reached the pantry, the displeasure on her face was clear as she called for Barty.

"There's another person at the door, someone from the Aarkin supposedly sent him."
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

Eisen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:16 am

Fire burned. It engulfed not only the small farmhouse, but the tall grass surrounding it as well. Screams emanated from the fire, a cacophony of wretched pleading that burst forth as the wailing of the damned. He plunged a broken longsword into the ground, and suddenly, the fire took him, too. But he didn't scream. He couldn't. He could only choke on the blood and the smoke. Bloodshot, furious eyes glared at him; These we're his own eyes. His own face. Scarred still, but younger. Less grey in his fuller hair. And then the hoard of charred corpses burst from behind him, and pulled him ever deeper into the flame...

Erik twitched about and muttered nearly inaudibly at first, but then the muttering grew into grunts and then into a furious yell as the man woke violently from his slumber. He had unconsciously grabbed his sword and held it in front of himself as if he were about to strike down an enemy sneaking up on him, but lo, the air before the blade was empty. Erik exhaled deeply, rubbing his tired eyes, as his head lowered, with one hand brought back from the grip of his sword, lowering it with the one left clutching onto it. Slowly, he got up from the slightly small bed (which was still quite large), dressed in nothing but his under-most of garments, a situation quickly remedied by the placing on of his hosen, black trousers, his dark grey tunic, and his belt and boots. He rolled up his sleeves, before groggily heading out of his room and proceeding downstairs to the common areas, leaving his sword resting against the side of the bed.

A hunger beckoned him more than anything. He was not a people person, and so the idea of getting to know the people he'd be working with was not exactly something he exactly placed in high priority, neither in his interests, nor in general. When he did come down the stairs, he was greeted with the sight of a couple of even fresher people than he. He had only been here for a day. Well, less than that, really. He had met Bartimaeus through an employer who had him run as temporary security for a shipment of goods meant to supply a nearby marketplace. Bartimaeus had lured him with coin, and, reluctantly, followed him to the Hall. It was plenty late by the time he arrived, and as such, he was directed towards his sleeping quarters, and fell asleep after a long while.

A lizard and a fish-girl. He certainly wasn't surrounded by too many other humans, taking into account the demon boy and the orc girl that he noted were already there. Judging by the heard dialogue, they'd been around here for a bit. But he wasn't here to socialize. He merely kept quiet as he went to get food. The towering man kept his gaze about, eventually sitting at a lone corner of the dining hall. The permanent scowl upon his face and the many scars that decorated it tended to ward off most common folk, and Erik hoped it would do the same here as he dined upon a hearty breakfast, at least two pounds of meat upon his plate.

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:40 am

Aron of Northfell woke up, ate breakfast, and went outside to the training area. He had been with the Seekers for two months, and so far, he wasn't really impressed, but nothing really impressed him. As he walked into the training area and began attacking a dummy, he felt a hand on his shoulder. When he turned he almost dropped his sword in shock. He saw the old man who trained him, but that was impossible, as he had been killed during the raid on Northfell. Aron blinked, and the old man disappeared. "Stupid ghosts, bothering me." he mumbled under his breath. This little charade of the ghost of the old man appearing had been going on for a few days now, and Aron was getting extremely tired of it. "When will I go on a mission? I signed up for good pay, yet I've been stuck in the Hall for two bloody months!" he thought as he decapitated the dummy.
Last edited by Toaslandia on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of The United Imperial Provinces and proud colonizer of space!

A class 1.181 civilization according to this index

Just a Socialist trying to live in Trump America

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse