NATION

PASSWORD

Pandora's Box: A Multiverse RP (reboot) OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:07 am

I am interested in this thread, I will start a Character Sheet today and post it as soon as I have it finished.
Founder of the Nelchizedeke Cluster; Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH ) Member; Inextant Member of ESUS; Member of the USF

Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH

Fact Page:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3316&p=92197#p92197

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 am

The New Byzantine II wrote:Is it too late to join?

No you can join.

Kormanthor wrote:I am interested in this thread, I will start a Character Sheet today and post it as soon as I have it finished.

Cool. Can't wait to see what character you will bring to the RP. :)
Last edited by Naval Monte on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 am

Cool Beans! I have already started creating her Application.
Last edited by Kormanthor on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the Nelchizedeke Cluster; Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH ) Member; Inextant Member of ESUS; Member of the USF

Fact Page:

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Pandora's Box
Character Application

A 3rd Tier Character

Character Name: Captain Nicolle ( Nikki ) Naegeli
Appearance:

https://media.giphy.com/media/fqzNVJtYU4bKg/giphy.gif

Universe of Origin: The Nelchizedeke Cluster / Earth One Universe / Kormanthor Isle / Kormanthor's UnderDark Region
Alignment: Lawful Good

Normal Abilities:
Exceptional Pilot, Orbital Sky Diver, Markswoman, Skin Diver, Expert w/ a Knife,Computer / Electronics Degrees, Swordswoman,
Leadership, 7th Degree Aikido Master, Exceptional Acrobatic Skills.

Psionic Abilities: ( One time per day of each ability )

1). Catfall: Instantly save yourself from a fall.
2). Mind Blank, Personal: You are Immune to scrying and / or other mental effects.
3). Danger Sense: Warns you of Danger before it happens.
4). Steadfast Perception: Immunity to Illusory Effects
5). Darkvision: See 60 ft. in Total Darkness
6). Empathic Transfer: Transfer another's wounds to yourself, after which your body takes on the wound, then immediately heals itself.
7). Expansion: You grow double your normal mass and size.
8). Charm: Makes one person your friend.
9). Phase Door: Invisible passage through any solid objet.
10). Retrieve: Teleport to your hand any item your can see and are able to hold.
11). Limited Correspond: Hold a mental conversation w/ another person / creature within one miles of you.
12). Far Hand: Move small objects ( 10 lbs or less ) to your hand from a distance of 30 ft.

Weakness/es: Needs Rest at times, Needs to eat at times, Can be killed, if the enemy is skilled enough.

Personality: Extremely Disciplined, Warrior / Law Enforcement Mentally, Bold, Brave,Extremely Determined,
Highly Intelligent.

Noteworthy Equipment:

1). Aqua Lung: A Kore Fleet invention that allows the wearer to breath underwater like a fish.
2). BAT'LETH: A Klingon Weapon
3). Exocomp/s: Mobile IA Units that can enter areas dangerous to Humans to fix machinery and equipment.
4). Bio Dermal Communicator: Kore Fleet Communicator beneath the skin just behind the left ear.
5). Tri Corder: A Kore Fleet hand-held device used for sensor scanning, data analysis, and recording data.
6). Tantalus Field: A device she carries on her belt that can instantly disassemble an enemies body at the molecular level in an instant.
7). Universal Translator: A device used to decipher and interpret alien languages into the native language of the user.
8). Anti Grav Sled: An Anti Grav Device used to hall heavy equipment.

BACKSTORY:

Captain Nicolle ( Nikki ) Naegeli was born in the Rhineland Region of Old Germany in the Earth One Universe. Originally her family came from old money. But when she was three years old her Father, Dwight Naegeli moved Nicolle and her Mother, Larissa Naegeli Kormanthor Isle's UnderDark Region to the City of Strakeln on the Shores of the Great UnderDark Sea. Here he started a new branch of the families Oil Production in Strakeln. Nicolle grew up tp attend Kore Fleet Academy, where she graduated w/ honors and received her Commission as a Kore Fleet Ensign
four years after her entry and was assigned to the UKS Meteo, a Kore Fleet AAMRD Super Star Carrier assigned to to the Nelchizedeke Cluster.
Now years later, after serving with distinction as a Kore Fleet Star Fighter Pilot she Commands the UKS Voltaire, which is a Super KorIncursion Class Starship assigned to Star City Watch near the Planet Sharon.

Theme Song: Whom Shall I Fear ... By Chris Tomlin

Dislikes: Being Grounded

Personal Starship: The UKS Voltaire

RP Sample:

The MAIDEN VOYAGE of the UKS Oceanview

https://markosun.files.wordpress.com/20 ... iew_01.jpg

[ Aboard the UKS Oceanview ]

The excitement grows within me as I and my faithful crew watch ahead as our ship the UKS Oceanview passes from the light of the Inverted Mountains Sea Floor into the eerie darkness of the Southern Tunnel. If not for our ships exterior lights illuminating the tunnel and it's powerful sonar we would undoubtedly be in total darkness now. Looking ahead through the Oceanviews TransSteel Bow Viewport we can see Coral Reefs and Beautiful but different Exotic Plant Life growing on the surrounding tunnel walls which have taken on a darker coloring. Only while in the powerfully bright lights of our ship can we continue to fully see the colorful beauty of the Reefs, Exotic Plant life and various fish and other sea life moving about in the light that illuminates our vessels pathway. For approximately four hours we watch the rocky tunnel environment as the tunnel bends first left then right, up and down slightly as we travel ever deeper into the tunnel system.

Then suddenly the sonar tells us long before we can see it through the Bow Viewport, that the tunnel ahead is steadily growing wider which will soon open into a huge underground cavern that is apparently only halfway filled with water. Obviously there is another opening from where an Atmosphere is entering. Minutes later as we leave behind the tunnel system and enter into the cavern lake environment we are happy to see that there is also a light source as well. Immediately I speak for the first time in hours, " Exo of the Boat, Surface, Surface .... make it a forty percent up bubble to a depth of 120 ft, then level off to zero bubble at a depth of 70 ft., then reverse our water jets until we come to a full stop; disengaging our propulsion entirely, then release our ballast slowly so we surface slowly and quietly in case there are inhabitants near by."
" Aye, Aye Captain, "replies Commander Lorenzo as the floor starts to rise in the bow of the ship. Minutes later we quietly surface in this never before seen alien environment of a Underground Cavern half filled with water that forms a Huge Lagoon of sorts.

Dead ahead through the Bow Viewport we can see the entrance to a second somewhat smaller cavern completely above the waterline of the Lagoon Cavern. Obviously from somewhere within this second cavern is the light source that we now benefit from. We know this because the interior of the smaller cavern which is mostly to starboard of the entrance is illuminated brightly as if from by a sunny day, suggesting an exit into a brightly lite environment. Then flying high above the water surface of the water we spot what must surely be a new species, one that has never been seen by surface dwellers before; as we are would undoubtedly be considered by this newly discovered people. High above we can see Winged Humans flying around and sometimes diving into the lagoons waters probably to catch fish. Judging from their calm actions I don't think we have been spotted by them as yet. Quickly I order the activation of our stealth device, " Exo of the Boat, please activate our reflective cloaking Device. " " Aye, Aye Captain, " replies Commander Lorenzo as she signals the weapons officer to carry out my order. Outside our ships hull takes on a reflective quality to make us less easy to spot.

Now free of the concern that we were about to be discovered I felt myself relax. Then I spoke again asking, " Exo of the Boat, please make sure we are recording this newly discovered race of Winged Humans." "Aye Captain, we are indeed recording them even now, " answered Commander Lorenzo. " Excellent Work Exo, you have more then earned your pay for today," I said smiling. " Oh Thank You Captain, we try to please, " answered Commander Lorenzo grinning back. Although we could see some of the Winged Humans flying near the lighted inner cavern from a distance, we discovered that there were other groups located in different ares of the Lagoon Cavern by switching from one to the other of our many hull mounted remote viewing camera's. We also could and did use the camera's zoom feature to get close up detailed video and still photo's that we will later use to document our discovery. By using the different camera's we soon make two more discoveries. The first we verified by sonar, is that this lagoon doesn't have just two entrances as we first thought, but actually has four, the one though which we entered on the Northwest wall of the Cavern and three others. The interesting thing about these tunnels are that they are three different radius sizes. The one we entered through and the second one that is directly across the cavern from each other are the same size. The other two newly discovered tunnels are different, number three is larger then the tunnel though which we entered, number four is smaller.

Immediately a plan began to form in my mind, " Exo of the Boat, I want you to have our Ships Security to send a cloaked AI controlled Aerial Drone to investigate the inner cavern light source while we make ready for departure three of our Straklen Shark Gunboats and my Perseus Class Captains Yacht. I will be piloting the Perseus, I will need a crew to assist me, and we will need three pilots and crews for the Gunboats. I want each vessel stocked with everything we might need for an extended mission. A few minutes later I received a notice from Security saying the Drone had discovered an Aerial Domain of Islands floating in an atmosphere high above an seemingly endless Ocean dotted with high tear drop islands. Because the opening within the inner cavern opens within a forested area of one of those Aerial Islands where a Castle full of the Winged Humans seemingly live, so the drone as been assigned to investigate the ocean and tear drop islands far below leaving the Aeriel Islands for us to investigate. Exo I will take the Perseus to investigate the Aeriel Domain of the Winged Humans. Gunboat One will investigate the small tunnel in the West Wall, Gunboat Two will investigate the large tunnel located on the East Wall beneath the Inner Cavern entrance, and Gunboat Three will investigate the tunnel that is one the South Wall directly across from the one we entered through. Commander Lorenzo you will be in Command of the Oceanview during my absence. You all will stay here in this Cavern to back up each of our investigating vessels. We will all stay in contact with each other by HoloNet Communications. Make sure each vessel is is equipped with Power Armor for each crew member. I will be down in the launch bay until the Perseus is ready for departure." " Aye, Aye Captain, I will take excellent care of the Oceanview in your absence,"replied Commander Lorenzo. I nodded my head, and smiled at her saying, " I have every confidence in you Commander, I'll call you as soon as the Perseus is ready to launch." then I headed out for the Oceanviews Launch Bay.

[ Aboard the Captains Perseus Class Yacht ]

After a quick trip, I walked into the Oceanviews Hangerbay where my Captains Yacht and crew waited for me. Across the bay I could see the crews of each gunboat readying their crafts for launch. As I walked closer to the Perseus I could see that my crew had already donned their Personal Suits of Power Armor except for the helmet. All three stood at attention and saluted as I arrived stepped into my Power Armor that stood beside the Perseus on a stand, as I stepped down off of the stand now wearing my Armor I saluted them back with a easy smile as I said, " At Ease." Hearing that they all relaxed and smiled back at me as we boarded the Perseus and began to assume our individual positions. As soon as I was seated I fastened my seatbelt, activated the Perseus' flight computer, and then waited for the computer to complete it's flight and systems integrity
checklist. A few seconds later a male voice spoke from the computer saying, " Flight Control and Systems Integrity are green Captain." " Thank You Computer, " I said as I punched the communications button to contact the Bridge, then continued saying, " Commander Lorenzo Perseus is ready for launch, we will see you when we return." " Aye Aye Captain, may you have clear skies. " she replied. I then spoke again, this time to the Oceanviews Flight Controller, " Flight Control this is Captain Carpenter, Perseus is ready to launch." " Aye, Aye Captain you are cleared to leave the ship. " replied the Duty Officer.

Immediately I took the Flight Control Stick in my right hand and activated the Perseus' Ion Impulse Engine, waiting eagerly as the gauges showed the power levels rising, they came up quickly finally reaching full power. I then adjusted the Ion Field to hoover and the craft genteelly lifted off the deck a few feet. I then adjusted the Field for forward motion and Perseus started moving slowly foreword towards the launch bay doors. In Perseus' rear view monitors I saw the three Gunboats do the same, falling into line behind my craft. The Launch however would be quicker for the Perseus then for the Gunboats because our Flight Deck Bay Doors are above the waterline so we can just fly out. However, in order to remain hidden from the Winged Humans outside the ship I reached over to my left to activate Perseus' Sequester Cloaking Device effectively causing the Perseus to become completely invisible just before exiting the bay doors. Then as we cleared the bay doors into the cavern environment, I watched carefully as I slowly turned the craft to starboard towards the inner caverns entrance. Behind me I could see neither the Oceanview or the launching gunboats, as the Oceanview was cloaked; as were the gunboats who would launch from bay doors beneath the waterline. Ahead my flight path to the inner caverns entrance was clear because all the Winged Humans were gliding around in the air much higher up then I. As we passed through the entrance to the inner cavern I again had to steer to starboard in order to gain an accurate heading for the Sky Environment opening in the cavern roof. Outside the opening I figured the weather to be Beautiful judging from the bright light shining through the opening into the cavern floor. Behind me and to either side of me in the Perseus' cockpit my crew closely watched their individual work boards quietly as I finally stopped the Perseus in the center of the bright circle of light, and adjusted the Field for slow upward motion, activated the Perseus' many outside camera to record our trip for the record, and watched carefully as we slowly rose towards the opening above.

As we finally safely cleared the jagged rock edges of the cavern opening I allowed the the Perseus to raise about a hundred feet above the opening and stopped in mid air, relying on the Perseus' Powerful Ion Impulse and Anti Gravity Engines to safely hold us us here while I checked our surroundings through the many monitors available to me as Pilot. Behind us I found a beautiful blue and white cloudy sky seeming to stretch into infinity, outlining what seemed to be an island of rock lazily floating in mid air miles behind us. Below us the rocky opening on the very edge of a rock cliff outlined by more blue sky, with a thick cloud layer far below. To either side more of the same except below our flight level a rich green thickly forested land stretched for approximately three miles to where the land abruptly ended and more sky could be seen beyond with many other floating islands. Ahead of us the rich forested land stretched approximately seven miles to where it then separated to either side of a very high mountain, the odd thing was that the land on either side of the mountain also ended at the three mile mark as well. Again beyond that point on both sides was more wide open skies for as far as could be seen beyond with many other floating islands. By looking through a forward camera that I could pivot up and down I was able to see the entire mountain ahead. I was glad we were cloaked because at the very top of the mountain I saw what must be the Home of the Winged Humans we found in the cavern, a Huge Magnificent Castle sat perched on the top of the mountain; around which flew many more of what seemed to be the same type of Winged Humans. Finally I had seen enough and so decided to continue our quest, so I then adjusted the Ion Field for forward motion and Perseus started moving foreword towards the base of the mountain. Steering to starboard of the mountains base we slowly circled the mountain to the opposite side of the mountain of this " Aerial Island " finding a huge triangle shaped cavern at the base of the mountain with a very wide river running out of the mountain and finally flowing over the edge of the island into the clouds below.

[ Aboard Gun Boat One ]

As I Lt. Commander Cassi Renfro slowly taxi my Strakeln Shark Gunboat in behind the Captains sleek Perseus Class Yacht that is in fact actually piloted by the the Captain herself leaving the Exo in Command of the Oceanview in her absence I am simply amazed! Because I know in my heart that I would have sent the Exo in one of the Oceanview's Flying Subs on that mission leaving myself in Command of the Technological Wonder that is the UKS Oceanview. Even so I better I better get my mind on my mission, and endeavoring to do all that I can do to successful complete it in the hopes of one day I will Captain a ship of my own. As I finish this thought I stop my craft on the huge elevator platform with the other two Gunboats behind and to either side of me as we all stop together as if in formation. Immediately the elevator starts to descend a couple of decks where the Oceanviews Launch Controller will close us all in, flood the airlock we inhabit, and then allow us to leave the ship beneath the waterline by opening the bay doors to the cavern waters where we can pilot out of the launch bay as subs would do. Minutes later, I and my crew watch as the airlock is flooded, and the outer bay doors are opened to the cavern waters outside the ship. Finally as the doors open completely I blow a little ballast to cause the craft to lift up off the the deck below. Then holding the the odd shaped steering wheel with my left hand I use my right hand to push the throttle foreword slightly, just enough to start the craft moving towards the now open bay doors. Finally we pass safely out of the launch bay I steer my craft to port turning towards our assigned passageway, the smallest one of all. As I line up the nose of my craft up with the center of the passageway ahead I increase our speed slightly . Seeing the small entrance now for myself I understand why the Captain decided to send us to investigate this passageway because the Oceanview would never fit.
After entering the passageway I discover that it almost immediately turns upward and to starboard, then levels off turning back to port again; soon after that it again turned slowly back to Starboard. It then continued in a straight line heading for approximately thirty minutes during which I activated the crafts automatic pilot while I replicated myself a Meatball Submarine Sandwich with Hot Peppers and a Ice Cold Lemonade, which I took back to my Pilot Station with me. My crew behind me continued to remain alert, but quite at their individual work stations. After finishing my meal, I noticed that my crafts sonar was showing that a slow turn to port was ahead, followed by a sharp ninety degree turn to port. Because of this development I throttled the craft back to dead slow as we neared the turning point, then steered hard to port through the turn endeavoring to stay clear of the rock walls that could easily damage the ship; then returned to a straight heading after completing the turn and throttling up to a somewhat higher speed yet remaining alert because our sonar was reporting what seemed to be a dead end directly ahead in thirty minutes time. However, after twenty minutes the sonar reported a large opening in the roof of the tunnel we were traveling through just before that dead end wall. After another seven minutes I throttled down to dead slow again as we approached the wall ahead.

[ To be continued ... ]
Last edited by Kormanthor on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Fact Page:

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Kormanthor wrote:Character Name: Captain Nicolle ( Nikki ) Naegeli

Please use the character application form located in the OP.

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Not sure where the OP is.

Fact Page:

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Denied. For starters, it still isn't in the correct format, "Super Tier" isn't one of the Tier level options, and the abilities and equipment are blatantly OP.

Demincia
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Brusia wrote:

Denied. For starters, it still isn't in the correct format, "Super Tier" isn't one of the Tier level options, and the abilities and equipment are blatantly OP.

Also, those giant walls of text make puppies sad. Don't make puppies sad, use a spoiler tag

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:32 pm

I apologize, I am a tad rusty with the jargon here but I assume OP means Over Powered? Actually from my perspective she is not all that powerful compared to some characters. So what I need to get rid of the psionic powers? :blink:

Fact Page:

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:41 pm

If you google psionic powers you will soon see that the abilities I gave Nicolle are some of the lower powered abilities that are posted. :( But I will try to adjust her power levels if you work with me.

Fact Page:

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Kormanthor wrote:I apologize, I am a tad rusty with the jargon here but I assume OP means Over Powered? Actually from my perspective she is not all that powerful compared to some characters. So what I need to get rid of the psionic powers? :blink:

OP is original post, or the first post in the thread. Brusia's OP has the application in it, which includes all the necessary tidbits for character creation. Look in the "character application" spoiler/collapseable and copy the code in the box for the app.

viewtopic.php?p=31649940#p31649940

The app will also ask for a power tier/level, which has a link to a page which goes further in depth on character tiers. It's not too complicated, however.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you already found the character app! But yes, spoilering
makes apps much more manageable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Kormanthor wrote:I apologize, I am a tad rusty with the jargon here but I assume OP means Over Powered? Actually from my perspective she is not all that powerful compared to some characters. So what I need to get rid of the psionic powers? :blink:

Specifically, abilities 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 in your app need addressing (mostly because there's really no limits placed on them, and your character has no major weaknesses). Equipment item 6 is also overpowered, for much the same reason (and item 3 is iffy, since I've seen The Quality of Life and know that Exocomps are living entities). Additionally, you still need to use the correct formatting, fix the broken link, list the proper tier level, and I'd appreciate it if you'd spoiler your RP example.

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:11 pm

I placed a limitation of one use of each ability per each 24 hour period.

Psionic Abilities: ( One time per day of each ability )
Last edited by Kormanthor on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fact Page:

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Demincia wrote:
Also, those giant walls of text make puppies sad. Don't make puppies sad, use a spoiler tag

The puppies are still sad, please don't keep them sad. Use spoiler tags for those text blocks please.

Also, there are a lot of broken links in your app. To search engines. Broken links make kittens sad. Please don't make kittens sad.

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:18 pm

They worked fine until I used the spoilers. But I'll check them out.
Last edited by Kormanthor on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fact Page:

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:29 pm

They work fine without the Spoilers. I reckon they named the " spoilers " right. :blush:
Last edited by Kormanthor on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fact Page:

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Kormanthor wrote:They work fine without the Spoilers. I reckon they named the " spoilers " right. :blush:

I'm talking about the broken yahoo search link in your RP Samples. (Though using a gif [especially a chaotic one that's hard to follow one character] isn't too great of an idea)

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Am I allowed to talk here?
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:40 pm

I assume you mean the ... in the link? It still takes you to the web site. :?:

Fact Page:

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Kormanthor wrote:I assume you mean the ... in the link? It still takes you to the web site. :?:

I mean, it takes me to a Yahoo search for "seaview pictures" instead of something specific

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm

I was trying to show a submarine picture that might be used as the Submarine ( UKS Oceanview ) in the storyline because even though I am an Illustrator I don't have pictures of my drawings of the UKS Oceanview that I can post yet.

Fact Page:

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Kormanthor wrote:I was trying to show a submarine picture that might be used as the Submarine ( UKS Oceanview ) in the storyline because even though I am an Illustrator I don't have pictures of my drawings of the UKS Oceanview that I can post yet.

You could always pick one specific picture and link to it in the mean time, instead of a generic search. (And also use an image search, not a regular search with the word pictures attached.)

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:54 pm

And when we say spoiler your RP sample, this is what we mean:

RP Sample:
The MAIDEN VOYAGE of the UKS Oceanview

https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf- ... 829_071117

[ Aboard the UKS Oceanview ]

The excitement grows within me as I and my faithful crew watch ahead as our ship the UKS Oceanview passes from the light of the Inverted Mountains Sea Floor into the eerie darkness of the Southern Tunnel. If not for our ships exterior lights illuminating the tunnel and it's powerful sonar we would undoubtedly be in total darkness now. Looking ahead through the Oceanviews TransSteel Bow Viewport we can see Coral Reefs and Beautiful but different Exotic Plant Life growing on the surrounding tunnel walls which have taken on a darker coloring. Only while in the powerfully bright lights of our ship can we continue to fully see the colorful beauty of the Reefs, Exotic Plant life and various fish and other sea life moving about in the light that illuminates our vessels pathway. For approximately four hours we watch the rocky tunnel environment as the tunnel bends first left then right, up and down slightly as we travel ever deeper into the tunnel system.

Then suddenly the sonar tells us long before we can see it through the Bow Viewport, that the tunnel ahead is steadily growing wider which will soon open into a huge underground cavern that is apparently only halfway filled with water. Obviously there is another opening from where an Atmosphere is entering. Minutes later as we leave behind the tunnel system and enter into the cavern lake environment we are happy to see that there is also a light source as well. Immediately I speak for the first time in hours, " Exo of the Boat, Surface, Surface .... make it a forty percent up bubble to a depth of 120 ft, then level off to zero bubble at a depth of 70 ft., then reverse our water jets until we come to a full stop; disengaging our propulsion entirely, then release our ballast slowly so we surface slowly and quietly in case there are inhabitants near by."
" Aye, Aye Captain, "replies Commander Lorenzo as the floor starts to rise in the bow of the ship. Minutes later we quietly surface in this never before seen alien environment of a Underground Cavern half filled with water that forms a Huge Lagoon of sorts.

Dead ahead through the Bow Viewport we can see the entrance to a second somewhat smaller cavern completely above the waterline of the Lagoon Cavern. Obviously from somewhere within this second cavern is the light source that we now benefit from. We know this because the interior of the smaller cavern which is mostly to starboard of the entrance is illuminated brightly as if from by a sunny day, suggesting an exit into a brightly lite environment. Then flying high above the water surface of the water we spot what must surely be a new species, one that has never been seen by surface dwellers before; as we are would undoubtedly be considered by this newly discovered people. High above we can see Winged Humans flying around and sometimes diving into the lagoons waters probably to catch fish. Judging from their calm actions I don't think we have been spotted by them as yet. Quickly I order the activation of our stealth device, " Exo of the Boat, please activate our reflective cloaking Device. " " Aye, Aye Captain, " replies Commander Lorenzo as she signals the weapons officer to carry out my order. Outside our ships hull takes on a reflective quality to make us less easy to spot.

Now free of the concern that we were about to be discovered I felt myself relax. Then I spoke again asking, " Exo of the Boat, please make sure we are recording this newly discovered race of Winged Humans." "Aye Captain, we are indeed recording them even now, " answered Commander Lorenzo. " Excellent Work Exo, you have more then earned your pay for today," I said smiling. " Oh Thank You Captain, we try to please, " answered Commander Lorenzo grinning back. Although we could see some of the Winged Humans flying near the lighted inner cavern from a distance, we discovered that there were other groups located in different ares of the Lagoon Cavern by switching from one to the other of our many hull mounted remote viewing camera's. We also could and did use the camera's zoom feature to get close up detailed video and still photo's that we will later use to document our discovery. By using the different camera's we soon make two more discoveries. The first we verified by sonar, is that this lagoon doesn't have just two entrances as we first thought, but actually has four, the one though which we entered on the Northwest wall of the Cavern and three others. The interesting thing about these tunnels are that they are three different radius sizes. The one we entered through and the second one that is directly across the cavern from each other are the same size. The other two newly discovered tunnels are different, number three is larger then the tunnel though which we entered, number four is smaller.

Immediately a plan began to form in my mind, " Exo of the Boat, I want you to have our Ships Security to send a cloaked AI controlled Aerial Drone to investigate the inner cavern light source while we make ready for departure three of our Straklen Shark Gunboats and my Perseus Class Captains Yacht. I will be piloting the Perseus, I will need a crew to assist me, and we will need three pilots and crews for the Gunboats. I want each vessel stocked with everything we might need for an extended mission. A few minutes later I received a notice from Security saying the Drone had discovered an Aerial Domain of Islands floating in an atmosphere high above an seemingly endless Ocean dotted with high tear drop islands. Because the opening within the inner cavern opens within a forested area of one of those Aerial Islands where a Castle full of the Winged Humans seemingly live, so the drone as been assigned to investigate the ocean and tear drop islands far below leaving the Aeriel Islands for us to investigate. Exo I will take the Perseus to investigate the Aeriel Domain of the Winged Humans. Gunboat One will investigate the small tunnel in the West Wall, Gunboat Two will investigate the large tunnel located on the East Wall beneath the Inner Cavern entrance, and Gunboat Three will investigate the tunnel that is one the South Wall directly across from the one we entered through. Commander Lorenzo you will be in Command of the Oceanview during my absence. You all will stay here in this Cavern to back up each of our investigating vessels. We will all stay in contact with each other by HoloNet Communications. Make sure each vessel is is equipped with Power Armor for each crew member. I will be down in the launch bay until the Perseus is ready for departure." " Aye, Aye Captain, I will take excellent care of the Oceanview in your absence,"replied Commander Lorenzo. I nodded my head, and smiled at her saying, " I have every confidence in you Commander, I'll call you as soon as the Perseus is ready to launch." then I headed out for the Oceanviews Launch Bay.

[ Aboard the Captains Perseus Class Yacht ]

After a quick trip, I walked into the Oceanviews Hangerbay where my Captains Yacht and crew waited for me. Across the bay I could see the crews of each gunboat readying their crafts for launch. As I walked closer to the Perseus I could see that my crew had already donned their Personal Suits of Power Armor except for the helmet. All three stood at attention and saluted as I arrived stepped into my Power Armor that stood beside the Perseus on a stand, as I stepped down off of the stand now wearing my Armor I saluted them back with a easy smile as I said, " At Ease." Hearing that they all relaxed and smiled back at me as we boarded the Perseus and began to assume our individual positions. As soon as I was seated I fastened my seatbelt, activated the Perseus' flight computer, and then waited for the computer to complete it's flight and systems integrity
checklist. A few seconds later a male voice spoke from the computer saying, " Flight Control and Systems Integrity are green Captain." " Thank You Computer, " I said as I punched the communications button to contact the Bridge, then continued saying, " Commander Lorenzo Perseus is ready for launch, we will see you when we return." " Aye Aye Captain, may you have clear skies. " she replied. I then spoke again, this time to the Oceanviews Flight Controller, " Flight Control this is Captain Carpenter, Perseus is ready to launch." " Aye, Aye Captain you are cleared to leave the ship. " replied the Duty Officer.

Immediately I took the Flight Control Stick in my right hand and activated the Perseus' Ion Impulse Engine, waiting eagerly as the gauges showed the power levels rising, they came up quickly finally reaching full power. I then adjusted the Ion Field to hoover and the craft genteelly lifted off the deck a few feet. I then adjusted the Field for forward motion and Perseus started moving slowly foreword towards the launch bay doors. In Perseus' rear view monitors I saw the three Gunboats do the same, falling into line behind my craft. The Launch however would be quicker for the Perseus then for the Gunboats because our Flight Deck Bay Doors are above the waterline so we can just fly out. However, in order to remain hidden from the Winged Humans outside the ship I reached over to my left to activate Perseus' Sequester Cloaking Device effectively causing the Perseus to become completely invisible just before exiting the bay doors. Then as we cleared the bay doors into the cavern environment, I watched carefully as I slowly turned the craft to starboard towards the inner caverns entrance. Behind me I could see neither the Oceanview or the launching gunboats, as the Oceanview was cloaked; as were the gunboats who would launch from bay doors beneath the waterline. Ahead my flight path to the inner caverns entrance was clear because all the Winged Humans were gliding around in the air much higher up then I. As we passed through the entrance to the inner cavern I again had to steer to starboard in order to gain an accurate heading for the Sky Environment opening in the cavern roof. Outside the opening I figured the weather to be Beautiful judging from the bright light shining through the opening into the cavern floor. Behind me and to either side of me in the Perseus' cockpit my crew closely watched their individual work boards quietly as I finally stopped the Perseus in the center of the bright circle of light, and adjusted the Field for slow upward motion, activated the Perseus' many outside camera to record our trip for the record, and watched carefully as we slowly rose towards the opening above.

As we finally safely cleared the jagged rock edges of the cavern opening I allowed the the Perseus to raise about a hundred feet above the opening and stopped in mid air, relying on the Perseus' Powerful Ion Impulse and Anti Gravity Engines to safely hold us us here while I checked our surroundings through the many monitors available to me as Pilot. Behind us I found a beautiful blue and white cloudy sky seeming to stretch into infinity, outlining what seemed to be an island of rock lazily floating in mid air miles behind us. Below us the rocky opening on the very edge of a rock cliff outlined by more blue sky, with a thick cloud layer far below. To either side more of the same except below our flight level a rich green thickly forested land stretched for approximately three miles to where the land abruptly ended and more sky could be seen beyond with many other floating islands. Ahead of us the rich forested land stretched approximately seven miles to where it then separated to either side of a very high mountain, the odd thing was that the land on either side of the mountain also ended at the three mile mark as well. Again beyond that point on both sides was more wide open skies for as far as could be seen beyond with many other floating islands. By looking through a forward camera that I could pivot up and down I was able to see the entire mountain ahead. I was glad we were cloaked because at the very top of the mountain I saw what must be the Home of the Winged Humans we found in the cavern, a Huge Magnificent Castle sat perched on the top of the mountain; around which flew many more of what seemed to be the same type of Winged Humans. Finally I had seen enough and so decided to continue our quest, so I then adjusted the Ion Field for forward motion and Perseus started moving foreword towards the base of the mountain. Steering to starboard of the mountains base we slowly circled the mountain to the opposite side of the mountain of this " Aerial Island " finding a huge triangle shaped cavern at the base of the mountain with a very wide river running out of the mountain and finally flowing over the edge of the island into the clouds below.

[ Aboard Gun Boat One ]

As I Lt. Commander Cassi Renfro slowly taxi my Strakeln Shark Gunboat in behind the Captains sleek Perseus Class Yacht that is in fact actually piloted by the the Captain herself leaving the Exo in Command of the Oceanview in her absence I am simply amazed! Because I know in my heart that I would have sent the Exo in one of the Oceanview's Flying Subs on that mission leaving myself in Command of the Technological Wonder that is the UKS Oceanview. Even so I better I better get my mind on my mission, and endeavoring to do all that I can do to successful complete it in the hopes of one day I will Captain a ship of my own. As I finish this thought I stop my craft on the huge elevator platform with the other two Gunboats behind and to either side of me as we all stop together as if in formation. Immediately the elevator starts to descend a couple of decks where the Oceanviews Launch Controller will close us all in, flood the airlock we inhabit, and then allow us to leave the ship beneath the waterline by opening the bay doors to the cavern waters where we can pilot out of the launch bay as subs would do. Minutes later, I and my crew watch as the airlock is flooded, and the outer bay doors are opened to the cavern waters outside the ship. Finally as the doors open completely I blow a little ballast to cause the craft to lift up off the the deck below. Then holding the the odd shaped steering wheel with my left hand I use my right hand to push the throttle foreword slightly, just enough to start the craft moving towards the now open bay doors. Finally we pass safely out of the launch bay I steer my craft to port turning towards our assigned passageway, the smallest one of all. As I line up the nose of my craft up with the center of the passageway ahead I increase our speed slightly . Seeing the small entrance now for myself I understand why the Captain decided to send us to investigate this passageway because the Oceanview would never fit.
After entering the passageway I discover that it almost immediately turns upward and to starboard, then levels off turning back to port again; soon after that it again turned slowly back to Starboard. It then continued in a straight line heading for approximately thirty minutes during which I activated the crafts automatic pilot while I replicated myself a Meatball Submarine Sandwich with Hot Peppers and a Ice Cold Lemonade, which I took back to my Pilot Station with me. My crew behind me continued to remain alert, but quite at their individual work stations. After finishing my meal, I noticed that my crafts sonar was showing that a slow turn to port was ahead, followed by a sharp ninety degree turn to port. Because of this development I throttled the craft back to dead slow as we neared the turning point, then steered hard to port through the turn endeavoring to stay clear of the rock walls that could easily damage the ship; then returned to a straight heading after completing the turn and throttling up to a somewhat higher speed yet remaining alert because our sonar was reporting what seemed to be a dead end directly ahead in thirty minutes time. However, after twenty minutes the sonar reported a large opening in the roof of the tunnel we were traveling through just before that dead end wall. After another seven minutes I throttled down to dead slow again as we approached the wall ahead.

You can copy and paste the spoiler if you need to to add it to your app.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Are there anyone who know how to create a great Multiverse RP? Just so people know, this RP was born from my failed Multiverse one, due to management issues. And while I originally tried to join, I ultimately don't due to how this RP was created
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Ok :bow:

Fact Page:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse