NATION

PASSWORD

Do Join This RP Group: DJTRPG? 2.0 (New members semi-wanted)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is the best 2016 US presidential candidate? (Out of ALL of them)

Hillary Clinton
29%
Gary Johnson
15%
Jill Stein
10%
Donald Trump
40%
Tom Hoefling
No votes
Bob Whitaker
No votes
Jim Hedges
1%
Emidio Soltysik
5%
Chris Keniston
No votes

Total votes : 189

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:27 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:You must answer a simple question:

Who is the greatest Pope ever?

None. Papal Supremacy and the Papal Infallibility are both lies and schismatic heresies. There are no popes, only patriarchs.

*blood boils*

*remembers 1204*
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Veskesh wrote:Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:None. Papal Supremacy and the Papal Infallibility are both lies and schismatic heresies. There are no popes, only patriarchs.

*blood boils*

*remembers 1204*

Those filthy Western schismatics will pay for that betrayal.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:33 am

Btw Tracian what's happening with your RP? We really need to have a history RP. I'll be happy to Co-OP a new RP, I was thinking of doing one in the early Middle Ages where the eastern rather than western Roman Empire disintegrates, though any other ideas are welcome.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Veskesh wrote:Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:35 am

PLESSUR wrote:Btw Tracian what's happening with your RP? We really need to have a history RP. I'll be happy to Co-OP a new RP, I was thinking of doing one in the early Middle Ages where the eastern rather than western Roman Empire disintegrates, though any other ideas are welcome.

What RP, AD? We're preparing to launch the IC soonish.

As for the idea, ewww.

Not only is the Eastern Roman Empire my favorite, but it would be difficult to explain something like that :P
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:47 am

PLESSUR wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:You must answer a simple question:

Who is the greatest Pope ever?

Gregory the Great. Too easy.

WRONG.

PLESSUR wrote:Btw Tracian what's happening with your RP? We really need to have a history RP. I'll be happy to Co-OP a new RP, I was thinking of doing one in the early Middle Ages where the eastern rather than western Roman Empire disintegrates, though any other ideas are welcome.

You have not answered the question correctly, you have no right to be here. It's Pope Shreq III

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 am

Tracian Empire wrote:

What RP, AD? We're preparing to launch the IC soonish.

As for the idea, ewww.

Not only is the Eastern Roman Empire my favorite, but it would be difficult to explain something like that :P

The two halves weren't that different really, at least in the early fifth century. It was mostly military blunders and the geography of more barbarian pressure. I'm no expert but that's what I've seen in a number of histories.

Looking forward to the IC then

The Peoples East Africa wrote:
PLESSUR wrote:
Gregory the Great. Too easy.

WRONG.

You have not answered the question correctly, you have no right to be here. It's Pope Shreq III

Damn that was gonna be my second guess.
Last edited by PLESSUR on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:18 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:What RP, AD? We're preparing to launch the IC soonish.

As for the idea, ewww.

The two halves weren't that different really, at least in the early fifth century. It was mostly military blunders and the geography of more barbarian pressure. I'm no expert but that's what I've seen in a number of histories.

The Peoples East Africa wrote:WRONG.

SAY IT

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:19 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:What RP, AD? We're preparing to launch the IC soonish.

As for the idea, ewww.

The Peoples East Africa wrote:WRONG.

No, they were extremely different. From cultural differences between the "Latin" West and the already more Hellenic East, to the better position of the Eastern Empire, to the economical advantage of the East, to the East being better defended and having a larger population.

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 am

PLESSUR wrote:

SAY IT

IT WAS SHREQ III!
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:21 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
PLESSUR wrote:

No, they were extremely different. From cultural differences between the "Latin" West and the already more Hellenic East, to the better position of the Eastern Empire, to the economical advantage of the East, to the East being better defended and having a larger population.

Yes, the whole reason their capital was moved to Constantinople was because it was so much richer over there, with grains of Egypt and metals of Asia Minor and stuff.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:21 am

PLESSUR wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:SAY IT

IT WAS SHREQ III!

No need to shout. Welcome to DJTRPG friend!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:22 am

Tracian Empire wrote:No, they were extremely different. From cultural differences between the "Latin" West and the already more Hellenic East, to the better position of the Eastern Empire, to the economical advantage of the East, to the East being better defended and having a larger population.

Yes, the whole reason their capital was moved to Constantinople was because it was so much richer over there, with grains of Egypt and metals of Asia Minor and stuff.

And it was basically impossible to defend Rome. No natural barriers. While Constantinople was in an extremely good position.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:Yes, the whole reason their capital was moved to Constantinople was because it was so much richer over there, with grains of Egypt and metals of Asia Minor and stuff.

And it was basically impossible to defend Rome. No natural barriers. While Constantinople was in an extremely good position.

And it served as the bridge between Europe and Asia, all in all, a very good city. Figuring out why the east fell instead of the west seems like a tricky enough premise.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:27 am

Tracian Empire wrote:And it was basically impossible to defend Rome. No natural barriers. While Constantinople was in an extremely good position.

And it served as the bridge between Europe and Asia, all in all, a very good city. Figuring out why the east fell instead of the west seems like a tricky enough premise.

And figuring out why the West survived is an even more difficult task. Bringing the Huns, the Muslims and the Persians on the East could eventually cause it to fall, but the West was already a collapsing giant by the time of the Late Roman Empire anyway. A weakened, poor, divided, unstable, and nearly impossible to defend empire.

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 am

Maybe I phrased things wrong, Tracian, all what you said is right. Chris Wickham writes that there was no fundamental decline in the West, and there was little structural differences between East and West. True though, that the East was richer, just makes it more of a target (1204) ;)

So if your IC doesn't come out I'll make an RP with the East collapsing as a punishment.

PLESSUR wrote:
IT WAS SHREQ III!

No need to shout. Welcome to DJTRPG friend!

Ayyy nice
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:And it served as the bridge between Europe and Asia, all in all, a very good city. Figuring out why the east fell instead of the west seems like a tricky enough premise.

And figuring out why the West survived is an even more difficult task. Bringing the Huns, the Muslims and the Persians on the East could eventually cause it to fall, but the West was already a collapsing giant by the time of the Late Roman Empire anyway. A weakened, poor, divided, unstable, and nearly impossible to defend empire.

Not really, tbh no one saw the collapse of the West coming. It was mostly blunders by commanders like Stilicho who focused on nicking Illyricum from the East rather than on dealing with the foedetari.
Last edited by PLESSUR on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:34 am

PLESSUR wrote:Maybe I phrased things wrong, Tracian, all what you said is right. Chris Wickham writes that there was no fundamental decline in the West, and there was little structural differences between East and West. True though, that the East was richer, just makes it more of a target (1204) ;)

So if your IC doesn't come out I'll make an RP with the East collapsing as a punishment.

The Peoples East Africa wrote:No need to shout. Welcome to DJTRPG friend!

Ayyy nice

There was no fundamental decline in the West? I have to disagree with it. All I have ever read clearly mentions a decline in the West. Not necessarily a decline, but the West lost all the strengths that the Romans had, and it is the very definition of a state failure.

And we're working on an IC.

But I don't think that I'll join your RP, I don't have what to do in there if the ERE collapses xD

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:36 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
PLESSUR wrote:Maybe I phrased things wrong, Tracian, all what you said is right. Chris Wickham writes that there was no fundamental decline in the West, and there was little structural differences between East and West. True though, that the East was richer, just makes it more of a target (1204) ;)

Ayyy nice

There was no fundamental decline in the West? I have to disagree with it. All I have ever read clearly mentions a decline in the West. Not necessarily a decline, but the West lost all the strengths that the Romans had, and it is the very definition of a state failure.

But I don't think that I'll join your RP, I don't have what to do in there if the ERE collapses xD

Dw I'll reserve some Dacian shit for u instead :p
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:And figuring out why the West survived is an even more difficult task. Bringing the Huns, the Muslims and the Persians on the East could eventually cause it to fall, but the West was already a collapsing giant by the time of the Late Roman Empire anyway. A weakened, poor, divided, unstable, and nearly impossible to defend empire.

Not really, tbh no one saw the collapse of the West coming. It was mostly blunders by commanders like Stilicho who focused on nicking Illyricum from the East rather than on dealing with the foedetari.

Yes, Constantine saw it - which is why he moved the capital to Constantinople. Diocletian managed to delay it, but the West was collapsing from all points of view. Internal strife, corruption, a decline of the military's quality, and waves of waves of barbarians.

Look at the east. Easy to defend borders on the Danube and the traditional defensive lines against the Sassanids. A good administration, and a capital that was in the center of everything.

The West had to defend gigantic borders while being attacked from literally everywhere.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:There was no fundamental decline in the West? I have to disagree with it. All I have ever read clearly mentions a decline in the West. Not necessarily a decline, but the West lost all the strengths that the Romans had, and it is the very definition of a state failure.

Eh.. I don't know. I've never actually played a Dacian state before :P

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:41 am

Hmm.. maybe you could use Majorian. But even that's kinda of a stretch.

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:42 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
PLESSUR wrote:

Eh.. I don't know. I've never actually played a Dacian state before :P

There's always hindsight as to why the West did fall, but it's only hindsight. Either way I really should read more on this area, maybe even Gibbon one day.

You can learn about Dacia when we kill it together in your RP :p

pleeeease
Last edited by PLESSUR on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:44 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Eh.. I don't know. I've never actually played a Dacian state before :P

There's always hindsight as to why the West did fall, but it's only hindsight. Either way I really should read more on this area, maybe even Gibbon one day.

pleeeease

That's not Dacia, that's some Slavic copycat. It has to be exterminated and wiped out from history as soon as possible.

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:48 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
PLESSUR wrote:

pleeeease

That's not Dacia, that's some Slavic copycat. It has to be exterminated and wiped out from history as soon as possible.

Agreed. Italy will probably see the ERE as an ally in dominating the Med together and crushing the smaller states of southern Europe, so at least for the beginning of the IC Italy will be friendly.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:49 am

PLESSUR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:That's not Dacia, that's some Slavic copycat. It has to be exterminated and wiped out from history as soon as possible.

Agreed. Italy will probably see the ERE as an ally in dominating the Med together and crushing the smaller states of southern Europe, so at least for the beginning of the IC Italy will be friendly.

There might be some tensions due to religion, culture, and legitimacy, but Realpolitik comes first.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse