NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen: a RWBY RP [IC Thread]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:17 am

Layla Ajanus

Layla paused, considering the question. It was a tiny bit windy out here, and her dress wasn't exactly the warmest item of clothing that she owned. It wasn't cold enough to be really uncomfortable, but just enough to be an annoyance. But, well, he was offering, and she was never one to pass up anything freely offered.

"Yes, please." She nodded slightly. "Although you'll be fine, I guess? It's not that cold, I'm just used to it being... Well, hotter because Mistral."
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:14 am

Heart and soul?

Avena couldn't believe what she was hearing. Jackson, who's conversations with Avena usually begin with yelling, was actually speaking with compassion. His voice was not only soft, but caring as well. Jackson's words resonated with Avena, soothing her hurt feelings and insecurities. It made her feel all warm and cozy inside. The little butterflies in her stomach were acting up again. She almost felt sick, like she was going to throw up all over Jackson's nice suit.

As Jackson spoke words of encouragement and sympathy and wiped the tears from her eyes, Avena's heart pounded like a bass drum. Her heart beat was so loud that she couldn't hear a thing from the outside world. The pain in her chest was too unbearable and now tears were flowing even more. She couldn't take it anymore, something drastic had to be done.

with no warning, Avena grabbed Jackson's collar and brought him closer to her, pressing her lips to his. In a few moments, everything came to ahead. Several months of hiding her true feeling were now out in the open for Jackson to see. The butterflies disappeared in one glorious moment and Avena felt at peace.

Avena slowly pulled away and loosened her grip on Jackson's color. " I love you...Fox Boy." Avena said softly as a smile spread across her face.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Lucas Blixsen

"Did I just nearly shoot punch out of my nose!?"

Those were Lucas' thoughts at the shocking statement of Ashley getting KO'd at full aura by a rock. Maybe a rock was an understatement but still...
Lucas started pondering how she could have got injured and just imagining the scene in as vivid detail as he could and sort of tuned out of the conversation until he picked up another snippet he caught interest in

"What are your weapons anyways?"

For the Blixsen family hunters, your weapon was often your life and livelihood, an extension of yourself. But more practically speaking, it helped Lucas understand potential fighting styles the weapon owner used which are useful in many circumstances. This guy, for example, Lucas quietly speculated would be good with at medium range firing with a crossbow which would obviously pack a punch, and in more open field CQB battle situations he would be good for fighting with his polearm but if they got too close or if he was in tight spaces he would be in a bind.
Last edited by Kuhlfros on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Legatia wrote:Savannah Montaigne

Savannah, unlike her companion, stayed her hand from the heaps of sweets, instead deciding to wait for a later- and much more filling- meal, perhaps out in town. "I'm sure your team can improve, Mentari. We all come here to train, anyway." She looks off to the side, before returning her gaze to Mentari. "I'd love to catch up on any of the recordings you have. I'm here to be my best, after all.." She smiles as she listened to Mentari's final remarks, and quite shortly afterwards, her Scroll going off. Her attention piqued, as she looked over Mentari's shoulder as she muttered. "Mentari..?"

Mentari seemed to be scrambling to do something, immediately raising Savannah's concern. "Mentari, what is that..? Is something wrong?"

Mentari wanted to reply, but all she could do was open her mouth as her entire focus was to take down and patch the beating her software was taking. Her hands were at a flurry, trying to quickly keep up with whoever was trying to make their way into the CCTS mainframe. She knew by this point that if they made it through her, then the old software would have no chance of succeeding, and Beacon could be at danger of being shut off from the rest of Remnant. So, in a last ditch attempt, she quickly started her trump card; an add-on application that would automatically detect attempts to break the firewall and counter them. But it was still in alpha, Mentari last updating it several months ago. It wouldn't last for long enough, and she estimated she could only catch a break for the next 10 minutes.

"There's something wrong... With CCTS..." Mentari muttered, loud enough for Savannah to hear as she began to walk towards the exit, "Need to find... Source fast..."

She knew for certain that whoever was trying to break in was in the area, but where exactly would be a tough question to answer. She needed help to track them down, because ten minutes of hide-and-seek wasn't enough time for a seeker's victory. Who's doing this?...

Purnama waltzed casually, making her way into the dance without a hint of fear, her steps echoing inside the halls of Beacon. This would be the first time she had entered the campus with her own two feet, and it was an exhilarating moment for her. Sometimes students passed by her, all of them wearing formal dress similar to her own. But while on their minds was just fun and maybe love, all the AI could think of what string of code she would transmit next. However, she began to notice that her codes were being decimated quicker than usual, too fast for a human to attempt.

You're finally playing now aren't you, Mentari~
Last edited by Sonitusia on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Sonitusia wrote:Mentari wanted to reply, but all she could do was open her mouth as her entire focus was to take down and patch the beating her software was taking. Her hands were at a furry, trying to quickly keep up with whoever was trying to make their way into the CCTS mainframe. She knew by this point that if they made it through her, then the old software would have no chance of succeeding, and Beacon could be at danger of being shut off from the rest of Remnant. So, in a last ditch attempt, she quickly started her trump card; an add-on application that would automatically detect attempts to break the firewall and counter them. But it was still in alpha, Mentari last updating it several months ago. It wouldn't last for long enough, and she estimated she could only catch a break for the next 10 minutes.

"There's something wrong... With CCTS..." Mentari muttered, loud enough for Savannah to hear as she began to walk towards the exit, "Need to find... Source fast..."

She knew for certain that whoever was trying to break in was in the area, but where exactly would be a tough question to answer. She needed help to track them down, because ten minutes of hide-and-seek wasn't enough time for a seeker's victory. Who's doing this?...

Savannah Montaigne

Whatever Mentari was doing, Savannah noticed, was either incredibly consuming or incredibly important. Based on the ferocity that she was typing with, it was likely both, she surmised. And if something that intense was taking up her attention at the school's first dance, it was probably quite impending.

"The CCTS?" Savannah asked, taking a second to quickly follow Mentari out of the door. "Wait, you have access to the CCTS' security, Mentari? What is going on..?" It came as quite a surprise to the girl that Mentari, a student, would have access to the security systems of one of the most important buildings in the world- if not one of the four most important buildings in Remnant. But, reading the situation well enough, she did not press further, hurrying up besides Mentari as she advanced onwards.

"Mentari, tell me what's going on.." Savannah asked as she walked, although her platform-heeled shoes made it slightly awkward. "This seems serious."

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Legatia wrote:Savannah Montaigne

Whatever Mentari was doing, Savannah noticed, was either incredibly consuming or incredibly important. Based on the ferocity that she was typing with, it was likely both, she surmised. And if something that intense was taking up her attention at the school's first dance, it was probably quite impending.

"The CCTS?" Savannah asked, taking a second to quickly follow Mentari out of the door. "Wait, you have access to the CCTS' security, Mentari? What is going on..?" It came as quite a surprise to the girl that Mentari, a student, would have access to the security systems of one of the most important buildings in the world- if not one of the four most important buildings in Remnant. But, reading the situation well enough, she did not press further, hurrying up besides Mentari as she advanced onwards.

"Mentari, tell me what's going on.." Savannah asked as she walked, although her platform-heeled shoes made it slightly awkward. "This seems serious."

"No... I've installed my custom built firewall as a countermeasure, the old security isn't under my jurisdiction," Mentari said, opening the ballroom doors and looking left and right, as if she were crossing a street that was being passed by high-speed vehicles from every direction. Obviously she couldn't know who exactly would be responsible, but she felt that there could be some way to take notice of them. But as she continued walking down the hallway, she simply had no idea where to start.

"They're here..." she continued, frantically checking her SCROLL and the path in front of her, "If I don't succeed... CCTS Vale falls... Find... Source..."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Sonitusia wrote:"No... I've installed my custom built firewall as a countermeasure, the old security isn't under my jurisdiction," Mentari said, opening the ballroom doors and looking left and right, as if she were crossing a street that was being passed by high-speed vehicles from every direction. Obviously she couldn't know who exactly would be responsible, but she felt that there could be some way to take notice of them. But as she continued walking down the hallway, she simply had no idea where to start.

"They're here..." she continued, frantically checking her SCROLL and the path in front of her, "If I don't succeed... CCTS Vale falls... Find... Source..."

Savannah Montaigne

Mentari's head was on a swivel. Savannah, likewise, found her phone in her hand, ready in a moment. Though, she wouldn't be using it for the high-tech things that Mentari was using hers for, nevertheless.
"Do you have a way of finding her..? Perhaps by backtracking the source of whoever is hacking?" She suggested, opening and closing her left hand slowly; once, twice."If you can trace it to a certain area, you can cordon it off and find out from who's there. I'll help you." The CCTS in Vale falling would be catastrophic and have consequences as such across not just Vale, but the world as well.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Legatia wrote:
Savannah Montaigne

Mentari's head was on a swivel. Savannah, likewise, found her phone in her hand, ready in a moment. Though, she wouldn't be using it for the high-tech things that Mentari was using hers for, nevertheless.
"Do you have a way of finding her..? Perhaps by backtracking the source of whoever is hacking?" She suggested, opening and closing her left hand slowly; once, twice."If you can trace it to a certain area, you can cordon it off and find out from who's there. I'll help you." The CCTS in Vale falling would be catastrophic and have consequences as such across not just Vale, but the world as well.

"Do I look like I'm not doing that?!" Mentari shouted in annoyance, startling some of the other ballgoers who were nearby. She was visibly panicked now, staring at Savannah with a face full of anger and fear. The scroll in her hand would have been crushed by her grip if she hadn't reinforced it, her teeth clenched. This wasn't a situation she was familiar with, and the responsibility was beginning to show its weight upon her shoulders.

Taking in a deep breath, she calmed herself down. There was no need to be cross at someone who was trying to help, let alone someone she hadn't met in years. She closed her eyes in her momentary meditation, and opened them back to look at Savannah, now trying to be more focused and calculated.

"They're using a well-made proxy to scramble their position," Mentari finally said, showing her the screen of her scroll; a map of Remnant that was blinking in Vale, and focused on the area of Beacon, "I can't pinpoint them, but like I said, they're here. I can only hold off the attempts for so long, we need to stop them before they can bypass my security protocols."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 pm

Sonitusia wrote:"Do I look like I'm not doing that?!" Mentari shouted in annoyance, startling some of the other ballgoers who were nearby. She was visibly panicked now, staring at Savannah with a face full of anger and fear. The scroll in her hand would have been crushed by her grip if she hadn't reinforced it, her teeth clenched. This wasn't a situation she was familiar with, and the responsibility was beginning to show its weight upon her shoulders.

Taking in a deep breath, she calmed herself down. There was no need to be cross at someone who was trying to help, let alone someone she hadn't met in years. She closed her eyes in her momentary meditation, and opened them back to look at Savannah, now trying to be more focused and calculated.

"They're using a well-made proxy to scramble their position," Mentari finally said, showing her the screen of her scroll; a map of Remnant that was blinking in Vale, and focused on the area of Beacon, "I can't pinpoint them, but like I said, they're here. I can only hold off the attempts for so long, we need to stop them before they can bypass my security protocols."

Savannah Montaigne

Savannah recoiled slightly at Mentari's outburst. She had thought her suggestion was a good and smart idea, but.. now she felt quite the idiot. She took a moment and figured that stress was getting to her, and so adjusted. She found some relief in Mentari calming down and more thoroughly explaining it.

"Beacon itself is a lot smaller than having to search the whole city, so we can be thankful for that." Savannah nodded, deciding that for now, her own scroll wouldn't be serving a use, and putting it away. "I don't know much about coding and all, but if you were somehow able to make the hacker catch a snag in breaking your firewall, they would have to spend more time breaking it. Assuming they're using a Scroll, if we used that time to look around, we could, possibly, find our perpetrator."

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Legatia wrote:
Savannah Montaigne

Savannah recoiled slightly at Mentari's outburst. She had thought her suggestion was a good and smart idea, but.. now she felt quite the idiot. She took a moment and figured that stress was getting to her, and so adjusted. She found some relief in Mentari calming down and more thoroughly explaining it.

"Beacon itself is a lot smaller than having to search the whole city, so we can be thankful for that." Savannah nodded, deciding that for now, her own scroll wouldn't be serving a use, and putting it away. "I don't know much about coding and all, but if you were somehow able to make the hacker catch a snag in breaking your firewall, they would have to spend more time breaking it. Assuming they're using a Scroll, if we used that time to look around, we could, possibly, find our perpetrator."

"That's considering they even have a scroll," Mentari pointed out, racking her brain for ideas while looking at everyone around them, "But at this point, I'm beginning to wonder if they're even human... The strings they're using, they're a completely different beast than anything even professionals have seen before. I don't know if a person is mentally capable of coming up with them at this point of human technology. Only two things I can imagine: They're governmental, or they're a higher being on the food chain. And I don't see any governmental workers in the immediate area.

She watched as the Scroll beeped out its log, as it defended against something that was... curiously weaker than before. Testing the waters? Trying to eliminate the program in one shot?

"Facial scan," Mentari then said, "We need to scan everyone in the building." She got closer to Savannah, her face right in front of the others, and tapped the girl's Scroll.

"I need you to gather as many pictures as you can of everyone in the building," she explained, opening her own Scroll and tapping its screen a few times, "I've sent you my contact details, every time you deliver a picture my Scroll will process it until we find someone who doesn't belong here."

She began to walk away, snapping a shot of Savannah herself just in case. "If you see my teammates, Lucas, Charlotte, or Chess, tell them to help. In fact, get anyone you can trust to help, we need to take as many pictures as possible."

"Eight minutes until the program breaks!" she added.

Purnama watched from the sidelines of the ballroom, avoiding contact yet always near people, enough to blend in with the crowd without fully restraining herself. She enjoyed the music being played, the tune helping her focus on the work she was doing to get the CCTS' security out of commission so that Cinder's plan would succeed without a hitch. All that mattered now was that the tower fell, and in succession Vale itself. But such things were not in Purnama's jurisdiction; all she needed to know was that her job would be complete.

Fixing her glasses, she watched as the band on stage played, her position shifting every now and then. I wonder where that girl is right now...
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Sonitusia wrote:"That's considering they even have a scroll," Mentari pointed out, racking her brain for ideas while looking at everyone around them, "But at this point, I'm beginning to wonder if they're even human... The strings they're using, they're a completely different beast than anything even professionals have seen before. I don't know if a person is mentally capable of coming up with them at this point of human technology. Only two things I can imagine: They're governmental, or they're a higher being on the food chain. And I don't see any governmental workers in the immediate area.

She watched as the Scroll beeped out its log, as it defended against something that was... curiously weaker than before. Testing the waters? Trying to eliminate the program in one shot?

"Facial scan," Mentari then said, "We need to scan everyone in the building." She got closer to Savannah, her face right in front of the others, and tapped the girl's Scroll.

"I need you to gather as many pictures as you can of everyone in the building," she explained, opening her own Scroll and tapping its screen a few times, "I've sent you my contact details, every time you deliver a picture my Scroll will process it until we find someone who doesn't belong here."

She began to walk away, snapping a shot of Savannah herself just in case. "If you see my teammates, Lucas, Charlotte, or Chess, tell them to help. In fact, get anyone you can trust to help, we need to take as many pictures as possible."

"Eight minutes until the program breaks!" she added.

Savannah Montaigne

Savannah, taking in this influx of information, felt inadequate before her superior in terms of technological prowess. And the mention of a higher being or a non-human doing such a thing momentarily confused her.

"A facial scan?" She blinked. With hundreds of people in the room, that would be a tedious task to accomplish. But Savannah had one asset that would come incredibly useful- her own Scroll had an unusually powerful camera that could not only take multiple photos per second, but also focus in on faces. And in close proximity to everyone, this would be incredibly effective. Finally, her part-time knack for photography could translate to something interesting- saving the CCTS.

"Understood." She gave a slight smile, flicking out her Scroll once more. "Leave it to me."
Using her Semblance on her forearms to slightly distort the views from her sides as she walked (so, of course, she did not appear as suspicious), she began to snap photos and send them to Mentari. She had no idea who any of CMCL's members were or looked like, and Mentari was the only person here she'd spoken with, so Savannah took to the job alone.

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:17 am

Icrum wrote:
Sindrya wrote:"All right, yall drunkards, get off the fucking stage please.", Aka-Inu, vocalist of Band STAR - the only band from Beacon that he thought was the sole performance aside from the bootleg Daft Punk - called out to Fabi's merry band of backwater folks. Right behind him was Shiro, Kuro, and Reinard - who got told off since he took too fucking long to get back to backstage - holding their instruments (except for Reinard who held his own drumsticks), ready to perform.

"This stage can only handle one star", he taunted. "And frankly, you guys don't look like stars."

Thankfully Aka-inu had interrupted the Filipovs after the main singer had finished. When he did arrive, the singer nodded towards the band, who kept the tune so the people can slow dance still. He knew that any argument would start a fight, and as such said that the band should follow him outside so the argument wouldn't disturb the peace. They obliged, trepidatiously of course, and they headed outside. When the door closed, the singer turned to them and opened his mouth. The singer stood at about 6'2", not as tall as Ulfric, but pretty tall r

"I am Garin Yefim Filipov, Chief of the FIlipov tribe. Before you say anything, I tell you this to let you know two things: First, I am Fabi's father. That doesn't seem like much, but if me and you brawl Mr. Demanding, you'll know what it'll be like to fight Fabi. Secondly, all you have is a force of four young arrogant adults, I have a whole tribe I care for. Now, it looks like you want us off the stage. I respect that, I respect that you like to use your talent. However, if you look at the program, you'll see that me and my son and some other Filipovs are actually allowed to play right now," Garin said, showing the four students the program, "However, my main gripe is the way you talked to me. I would like if you would at least apologize for calling us drunks, but if you don't that's fine. But being rude bites you in the ass later in life, so I'd be careful."

Garin waited for any response, but he didn't expect much. After all, when you've led a tribe of people for 15 years, you begin to realize that not everyone is nice. Some just think about themselves and what they want, but Garin didn't mind. He too was like that once.

Aka-Inu stared defiantly at the elder Filipov through his lecture. "You done yet, old man?", he asked when he stopped yapping. "Okay, look. You can brag about yourself anytime, but I don't like being looked down upon. One; I did ask you when your 'song' is finished. So as far as I can tell, right now, it's our turn to be on-stage. And this just wasted like.. I dunno, four, five minutes of it?"

"Actually, it's four and a half.", Shiro interjected.

"What he said.", Aka-Inu jabbed his thumb at his team leader. "And two: Let's don't talk about responsibilities, because I went to this school so that I could provide a better life for my parents. But let's not talk about our personal issues and get back at the matter at hand."

The guitarist crossed his arms in front of his chest. "So, can we go back? We got a song to perform anyway."
Last edited by Sindrya on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:21 am

Ballroom
Fabi's appearance is courtesy of ZedTheBarbarian Productions.

"Wow," Carmina marveled at the way he was swaying with her. "I didn't know you were a slow dancer, too. I always thought you were always the energetic type." And why wouldn't he be? His boisterous squats were what won the crowd over, and the beat that came with it drew her to him.

"A prince should be able to be both calm and polite," Fabi spoke to her sweetly, "while retaining his masculine energy and arrogance. If he cannot balance it, he becomes as cold as a slad of ice, or as immature as a newborn babe."

Carmina wasn't sure how exactly to respond to that, so she held up a forced smile. "Uhhhh, I suppose..."

Left and right, left and right, swayed the couple for tonight. Fabi seemed to make a nice change of pace with the mood he managed to make around him, in spite of the terrible choice of song, with everyone following suit and slow-dancing as well. This feeling, whatever it was, felt very nice to Carmina—she felt like she wasn't gonna let this feeling go, like the way that she was holding Fabi at that moment. This certainly can't be having a crush on someone, right?

Wait, why in fucking hell am I thinking of that? I don't even know him a lot besides him being Aiden's teammate—the one with the axe. He ain't even my type or anything—he dresses up like he's a fur trader, talks like he's the Emperor of Mistral, dances like he took a shot of vodka every single morning, and he seems to have that resting bitch face on him as if it was held together as if he was a baby that just got botox. But why am I smiling at the thought of those things? Is this my opportunity to get to know him better as a friend before we start to move to something more than that? I wonder how Avena's gonna feel about it...

It felt a bit weird that Fabi stopped swaying with her, which was when she began to wonder why haven't the DJs gone to play another song yet. "Oi, why aren't we dancing? I'm pretty sure the beat was still— Oh." Opening her eyes, she finally saw what was going on—Team STAR looked like they had too few spotlight shining on their faces, which may probably be why Aka-inu was the one confronting the large guy.

"Say," she shifted her eyes back at Fabi. "Who's that giant up there in front of Aka-inu?"

He pointed, "That man is none other than my father Garin Filipov. He's the chief, or king if you wish, of the Filipov tribe. I wonder what the fight's about though..."

Her face drained away as quickly as her ears had heard her name. That's his dad? That giant—right there—that was him? He looked like he came straight out of a JoJo comic!

Meanwhile, Yang was on the balcony of the dance hall, hanging out with her sister for much of the Dance. She couldn't bear to leave little Ruby alone, even for a little while to dance with Blake more, since her sister wasn't really fitting in well. And naturally, Ruby had to find Yang at some point to get away from the crowd.

Glancing away from Ruby's eyes for a bit as her sister continued to ramble on about how unnecessary those shoes of hers were, Yang gazed at all the hard work that she and Weiss did to make this Dance a success. To think that they had to fill the shoes of the most meticulous event organizer they knew! She was surprised that everything so far had turned out smoothly. Well, maybe except the cake, but she did find out it tasted better when it was all over the place. Weiss didn't seem to agree with her—in fact she cringed when Yang told her about it. But I stand what I said, maintained the blondie.

Ruby happened to glance at the stage and spot Team STAR and another group cause a ruckus on the stage. Was that perhaps why the music stopped? "Ummm," she tapped Yang on the arm. "Who are the weirdos wearing those costumes?"

"Huh?" she turned her head. "What weirdos?" After finally looking where her sister was looking, she added, "Oh, those weirdos."

Taking a quick pause she explained, "That's Fabi's family. He asked me some time ago if he could bring them over to do a gig for tonight. I gotta say, they're really good at keeping the crowd going." She then began to quietly sing the lyrics, "Ra-Ra-Rasputin / Lover of the Vacuan Queen / Nanana-na-na-nananana..."

Seeing that things were about to escalate quickly if she didn't do something, she then said to Ruby, "I'll be right back. Just stay here, okay?"

"Ummm, yeah," Ruby nodded. "Sure." As Yang began to leave she then added, "Yep, I'll just be right here. Alone. Just gonna stand here. It's totally gonna be fine..."
Last edited by Stormwrath on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:39 am

Zimt Krasnyy

"Yes, please." She nodded slightly. "Although you'll be fine, I guess? It's not that cold, I'm just used to it being... Well, hotter because Mistral."

Zimt snorted; ‘hotter because Mistral’ was like stated she was hotter than it being, well, anywhere. Mistral was a hot place, that’s simply how it rolled. He sort of disliked it. Cold seemed better, somehow; maybe it was the lack of sweat. That could be it. For a brief moment he imagined Layla in some of the summer clothes, as sparse they were. One couldn’t deny that it was a pleasing image, it was simply a fact.

He shed his jacket, putting the thing about her shoulders and the like. It wasn’t that cold, in all honesty, but it was more of a symbolic gesture. A feel-good sort of thing.

“Of course. Mistral’s rather nice, I hear. Never been there myself.”

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Ormata wrote:Zimt Krasnyy

Zimt snorted; ‘hotter because Mistral’ was like stated she was hotter than it being, well, anywhere. Mistral was a hot place, that’s simply how it rolled. He sort of disliked it. Cold seemed better, somehow; maybe it was the lack of sweat. That could be it. For a brief moment he imagined Layla in some of the summer clothes, as sparse they were. One couldn’t deny that it was a pleasing image, it was simply a fact.

He shed his jacket, putting the thing about her shoulders and the like. It wasn’t that cold, in all honesty, but it was more of a symbolic gesture. A feel-good sort of thing.

“Of course. Mistral’s rather nice, I hear. Never been there myself.”

The deep, pleasant sound of a chord being strummed sounded to their left, accompanied by a voice: "You have missed out; the culture, I hear, is richer than anywhere else in the world."

A few metres away on the next bench along sat a young man with blond hair and fair skin wearing a flaxen tunic and a grey cloak affixed by a brooch embossed with the golden image of some bird of prey. He gazed out into the night air, holding in one arm a lyre-like instrument - though those familiar with them would know that it was too large to be an ordinary lyre - and in the hand of the other a plectrum. He turned with a slight smile and put them down to walk over. "Though you, of course, Layla," he continued, looking towards his teammate, "would know that already."
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:25 am

Balcony

Jackson was visibly becoming more worried as he stared blankly at Avena's face, watching as tears began to flow from her eyes. Did he say something wrong? Were those things that he said to her the kind of things that she didn't want to hear? He wasn't very sure how exactly did his partner feel, but he felt that desire to reverse everything that had injured her heart. Even if it was the truth—and deep in his heart he knew it was—he wanted to take it back just to make her feel better.

Some magical night this turned out to be.

But then he could feel her hand yank on his collar and drag him closer. And then it happened. Her soft and moist lips were touching his, lips that tasted like a mix of chocolate, vanilla frosting, and bubblegum-flavored ice cream—but perhaps that was the sweetness that was slowly seeping from her heart. Even though this was quite a surprise for him, he couldn't seem to look away from the sparkle of her eyelashes, nor could he look away from the channel her tears made on her cheek. Yet he didn't seem to want to pull away from it immediately, for it felt incredibly strange but okay.

As Avena pulled her lips away, Jackson couldn't help but redden. He could feel his face start to warm up quickly, his heart thumping in his chest like a drum, and his collar dampened by his sweat. Surprised by what she did, he was simply at a loss for words for a couple of seconds. "Wh-w-w-w-what was that ab—"

"I love you, Fox Boy."

His cheeks flushed even redder. Is this real life? Even though Jackson was very observant, he didn't think that she—a person who was so into thrill-seeking and adventure that she wouldn't have time for trivial stuff like crushes, romance, and all the lovey-dovey bits—actually had a crush on someone. And to make things even more surprising, she was in love with him! He wasn't going to really accept her as someone more than a friend, was he? After all, the two haven't really known each other for very long yet, and Avena wasn't really his type.

But then something was scratching the back of his mind. That scratch then turned into a small and airy voice that whispered in his head, then a more tonal voice, and then the voice growing louder and louder. It repeated the words 'Me and probably your gut are sure he'll agree' over and over again, and Jackson began to realize that those things had come from his mouth. Good Monty, he felt like placing his palm over his face. I was being too careless. There I was trying to say something that would make Avena feel better, something to give hope and courage to her, only to find out I was the one she was gonna ask all along. Now he seemed to be in a dilemma—accept Avena as his girlfriend and feel guilty for the rest of his adolescent life, or truthfully tell her that he doesn't see her the same way, which would devastate her.

"I-ummm..." he tried to break it to her cautiously. "A-Avena, I... Look, I don't think—"

But for once it seemed that bootleg Daft Punk had swooped in to save the day. Noticing that the music had changed into something in between disco and funk—no, a really catchy beat rock—no, a bubblegum pop anthem? Anyway, it was somewhere in between. The two just gazed into each other's eyes. The mood seemed to set in real nice, but this gaze wasn't one that was made out of love. More like the 'so what now' kind of stare. As he glanced away from Avena, a smile began to form on his face and an idea in his head.

I was being too careless.

Jackson then took a step back and extended his hand to Avena as the pleasant sounding guitar struck some chords. Briefly bowing his head he asked her, "Do you dance?"
Last edited by Stormwrath on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icrum
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Icrum » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Sindrya wrote:
Icrum wrote:Thankfully Aka-inu had interrupted the Filipovs after the main singer had finished. When he did arrive, the singer nodded towards the band, who kept the tune so the people can slow dance still. He knew that any argument would start a fight, and as such said that the band should follow him outside so the argument wouldn't disturb the peace. They obliged, trepidatiously of course, and they headed outside. When the door closed, the singer turned to them and opened his mouth. The singer stood at about 6'2", not as tall as Ulfric, but pretty tall r

"I am Garin Yefim Filipov, Chief of the FIlipov tribe. Before you say anything, I tell you this to let you know two things: First, I am Fabi's father. That doesn't seem like much, but if me and you brawl Mr. Demanding, you'll know what it'll be like to fight Fabi. Secondly, all you have is a force of four young arrogant adults, I have a whole tribe I care for. Now, it looks like you want us off the stage. I respect that, I respect that you like to use your talent. However, if you look at the program, you'll see that me and my son and some other Filipovs are actually allowed to play right now," Garin said, showing the four students the program, "However, my main gripe is the way you talked to me. I would like if you would at least apologize for calling us drunks, but if you don't that's fine. But being rude bites you in the ass later in life, so I'd be careful."

Garin waited for any response, but he didn't expect much. After all, when you've led a tribe of people for 15 years, you begin to realize that not everyone is nice. Some just think about themselves and what they want, but Garin didn't mind. He too was like that once.

Aka-Inu stared defiantly at the elder Filipov through his lecture. "You done yet, old man?", he asked when he stopped yapping. "Okay, look. You can brag about yourself anytime, but I don't like being looked down upon. One; I did ask you when your 'song' is finished. So as far as I can tell, right now, it's our turn to be on-stage. And this just wasted like.. I dunno, four, five minutes of it?"

"Actually, it's four and a half.", Shiro interjected.

"What he said.", Aka-Inu jabbed his thumb at his team leader. "And two: Let's don't talk about responsibilities, because I went to this school so that I could provide a better life for my parents. But let's not talk about our personal issues and get back at the matter at hand."

The guitarist crossed his arms in front of his chest. "So, can we go back? We got a song to perform anyway."

Garin knew that there was no reasoning with this kid at this point. The kid's arrogance had transcended beyond normal arrogance. Sure he probably masked his arrogance with low self-esteem thought Garin, something about his comment about responsibility though was what made Garin loose all respect for this kid. Assuming that his responsibility is greater than another's. Unless this kid was also secretly the soon to be leader of a vigilante group that had to make sure the airship his soldiers were on didn't get destroyed, and that he could reclaim the homes of those who have lost it all, this kid didn't know responsibility. Garin knew some, but not enough to make him that arrogant. At the age of 14 Garin had to take over the Filipov tribe when his father died. Many people voiced complaints with this though that Garin was to young. Indeed he was, but Garin was going to at least try to lead the Filipov tribe. Surprisingly, he was a competent leader and military commander, as he was able to reclaim lost land from Grimm that his grandfather had lost about 70 years prior. After the decisive win, very few people complained, and Garin soon gathered enough support to finally finish what his father had started, and that was to finally unify the Filipov family under a single banner. Previously, the Filipov family was under split of at least 45 noble houses, and Garin's father resented that. Nothing could get done, with each house always finding a way to bicker with him and not helping. However, with the high of the tremendous victory, Garin was able to convince the 45 houses to unify under the FIlipov banner. He had, in essence, made the Filipov tribe from a backwards fractured nuisance to a full-fledged mini-kingdom that were regularly used to help eradicate Grimm in Vacuo. But sure, taking care of two people is much more responsible than keeping a whole ethnicity alive. Whatever. But Garin was smart, if he was going to get back at this kid, it wasn't going to be a simple fight. Nah, if he really wants to sing with his band, they can do it acapella.

"Alright, you can sing cyka. Just don't let this victory go to your head, arrogance breeds paranoia," Garin said before heading back inside and walking up to his band saying, "Ladno rebyata pererezat' shnury. Yesli my ne mozhem pet', tak chto ne mogut oni." The band groaned, they knew they needed to get off the stage. Even Sorokina (Nicknamed Lil' Soro), Fabi's twenty-one year old sister, was upset. This was her first real non-Filipov gig. However she listened to her father, and proceeded to cut the wiring of all the speakers, microphones, and even lighting. Garin was a clever bastard, and was a frequent user of underhand tactics if he knew a frontal attack (Or in this case an argument) was useless. The whole Filipov family moved quickly, and within the minute they finished packing up and cutting, and proceeded outside, save for Sorokina. She wanted to watch her younger brother enjoy his time with Carmina. After all, she couldn't decided who he got to love forever.

Silent Spark
Aiden had kept slow dancing with Yamako even after the big FIlipov had left the stage. He simply began humming the song while slow dancing. He looked at Yamako and smiled. Maybe he couldn't get with Blake because the spirits had prepared him and Yamako. That was one of the biggest issues between him, his friends, and even his family. He did not believe in the story of the two Gods like most of his friends, and his family's beliefs didn't line up with Aiden's. His family believed that the Grimm were in fact demonic creatures of a great evil, and Dust was the manifestation of a great good. However, Dust was to easy to manipulate, and soon the great good was all but destroyed. Then a force of pure innocence filled the great good with strength, allowing for the great good to finally defeat the great evil. Though in mercy, the great good left the great evil's creation after its destruction as a memory to the tragic fighting. Aiden didn't quite believe this story, and went through some soul searching. In the end, he finally found a belief that he understood as reasonable to his understanding and began to study it intently. The belief he followed was that there are five Great Spirts, gods in everything but name, and ten other Lesser Spirits, much akin to Archangels of Earth. The five Great Spirts were Avjya, Ostus, Ekmuss, Usara, and Indrick. They each held domain in the major forces of life, those being Life, Death, Love, Nature, and Hope (Not in that order). The creation of Grimm were not the creation of a God, but instead a natural opposite to hope. The Great Spirits sought to stop the Grimm, so they created Humanity to stop them, but Humanity was an emotional species, with hopelessness able to sneak into their thoughts. This allowed the Grimm to grow in number and be a threat to Humanity and the Great Spirit's creations. So the Great Spirits combined created Dust, a way to use the power of Nature to counteract the Grimm forces. They were successful in allowing humanity to withstand the onslaught of Grimm.

Oh boy, maybe the Great Spirits should write a book or something, because we need to move on. TL;DR: Aiden is a filth pagan heretic.

All that thinking was starting to make Aiden sweat. Okay maybe not start, he was sweating the minute he entered the room. Aiden was a bit of an over active sweater, literally any temperature could (and did) make Aiden sweat. He couldn't help it, but he just always seemed to be covered in sweat. Okay, maybe not always, but enough of the time. However, he was doomed to sweat to much from the crowd of people, his suit, and the fact that he finally got with someone. Yamako noticed his sweat, but wasn't to put off. Her thighs were currently more sweaty than a pig was pink. At least, I'm 99% sure it was sweat. Regardless, she didn't care that Aiden was sweating. That is, until he started to wobble.

"Aiden, are you okay? You don't look fine." Yamako said, ending her dancing with Aiden. Aiden shook his head and took a deep breath. He wasn't fine. The amount of sweeat he was sweating caused him to become fatigued, and he couldn't stand for much longer.

"No, I'm about to pass out. Let's go, we've danced long enough for it to count. Come, I'll show you my dorm." Aiden said, with Yamako suppressing herself. She had been in team FATE's dorm before, and at least once did she stalk Aiden's morning routine. Aiden didn't know about this though, so he just thought her silence was agreement, as she did walk with him. They moved through the hallway and talked with each other. Yamako nearly retold the story of her first time at Beacon, but she realized that it might put Aiden off. They soon reached team FATE's dorm and turned on the lights. No one was there, not even Eardwulf.

Must've finally decided to go and practice with Ulfric, Aiden thought, I should get the ice pack ready.

"So Aiden, have you ever had a girl sleep in the same room as you?" Yamako said, almost seductively. Aiden wasn't dumb, he could see what Yamako was thinking (maybe it wasn't sweat...).

"No I'm not sleeping with you, but you can sleep next to me if you decide to potentially open yourself to rumors and gossip. Not my choice Aiden said, walking into the bathroom. He quickly cahnged into his pajama pants and brae, hot, muscular chest that radiated wit-

Wait.

Anyways, Aiden was soon out of the bathroom. Yamko weighed the options. Be next to him, or go back to YAMA. Aiden or YAMA. Aiden, YAMA. She wanted to sleep with Aiden, but something told her that it might be the best route immediate.

"I'll head back to my dorm if you want. Though no promises I'll stay there." Yamako teased as she left the dorm. Aiden smiled, fianlly some humor tonight. He then threw at least 14 socks at the light switch, and turned off the lights.

Night Aiden. He told himself before he passed out, with a certain sniper invisible in the room, watching him.
Some kind of dessert involving ice cream, hard liquor, and a blow torch
Main wrote:A petition to redesign the flag incites violent riots that eventually destroy the entire nation.

-Ebola- wrote:I don't want to kill you all. I want primates, humans included, to stay around so my descendants will have the same variety of hosts to choose from as I do.

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Not being able to buy an AR most certainly is a travesty.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Adan Lazuli

Dances had never really been Adan's thing, and that was before he had distanced himself more from others when he had stated working on becoming a hunter. That said, he wasn't simply not going to go, so he wore one of his nicer suits, that he had with him anyway, and he was there. He stuck to the edges of the room, snacking, taking advantage of the variety this year, but otherwise, tried to ignore locking eyes with anyone, and having to actually dance. It's not that he had anything against anyone here, most of the others he'd bothered talking to were nice enough, and there were plenty of cute girls, but he had made a promise to himself that he wouldn't become to attached to anybody till after they graduated. That said, even he knew he probably wouldn't keep that promise, but he'd made it, and it had probably been a mistake, but he tried to keep his promises.

He yawned, watching the various dancers, trying not to linger on anyone, or catch the gaze of someone without a partner. Tonight was going to be boring, at least the music was, mostly, good. Taking a seat for the time being, Adan tried not to look to lonely, and sipped his current drink, some kind of punch, he didn't really care what kind, it was alright. That said, anyone who's ever tried to not look lonely knows that it very, very, very rarely works. Usually, it just makes you look more lonely, of course, Adan didn't fully realize this, as he was just trying not to get to involved with the dance.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Lucas Blixsen

Lucas glanced around the ballroom once again when something odd caught his eye,

That one girl Mentari was talking with just a moment ago was going around the ballroom with something strange going on with her arms. When he looked out of the corner of his eyes, it seemed distorted but when he turned directly towards her, nothing seemed really out of the ordinary. Either way, Mentari wasn't the type up and disappear in the blink of an eye, that was more of a Chess thing to do.

He excused himself from the others and waded through the dance-goers to reach the person. As he worked his way towards her, he couldn't really tell what she was doing at all.

"Hey, aren't you the girl that was talking to Mentari, where did she- what are you doing?"
Lucas had come up from behind her, and when he was close enough, thanks to his height, he could kinda figure out that this girl was hiding herself as she was taking pictures of people's faces.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:56 am

Kuhlfros wrote:Lucas Blixsen

Lucas glanced around the ballroom once again when something odd caught his eye,

That one girl Mentari was talking with just a moment ago was going around the ballroom with something strange going on with her arms. When he looked out of the corner of his eyes, it seemed distorted but when he turned directly towards her, nothing seemed really out of the ordinary. Either way, Mentari wasn't the type up and disappear in the blink of an eye, that was more of a Chess thing to do.

He excused himself from the others and waded through the dance-goers to reach the person. As he worked his way towards her, he couldn't really tell what she was doing at all.

"Hey, aren't you the girl that was talking to Mentari, where did she- what are you doing?"
Lucas had come up from behind her, and when he was close enough, thanks to his height, he could kinda figure out that this girl was hiding herself as she was taking pictures of people's faces.

Savannah Montaigne

Savannah had made quite a bit of process scanning over the room dutifully. No one had bothered to mind, nor had anyone who did saw past her shield's slight distortion effect. Just as she was preparing to finish up, she scanned the room's overhangs, as she-

"What are you doing?"

Savannah's soul promptly exited her body for about four whole seconds, before she managed to grab it by the leg and pull it back in instead of it going up into the great sky beyond-where her hopes for her new life at Beacon was going.

"W-what am I doing?" She asks, turning her head around incredibly slowly and in individual movements, like a watch's hand. "W-w..what.. what am I doing? What am I doing?" She stammered, her Scroll almost cracking in her vise-grip. "I-I.. I.. M-Mentari! Mentari, u-uh-uhm, she, ah.." Her stammering tone was wildly inconsistent, one word spoken fast and loud, the next slower and quieter. "I-It's not perverted!" She moved decisively, grabbing him by his shirt sleeve. "Y-you have to believe me, I-I'm not!"

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:31 pm

"Uh yeah sure, don't worry I believe you, you aren't a pervert at all, there are completely valid reasons to be taking pictures of everyone..." Lucas replied in the calmest voice he could muster without sounding completely sarcastic or bursting out laughing at the sudden turn of events. He didn't have much choice but to agree with her now that she had latched onto his shirt sleeve like a padlock.

"Sorry if I scared you there." He said and smiled apologetically to the frantic girl who looked like she was on the verge to go DEFCON 1, "Did Mentari put you up to this?" He asked then mumbled "Whatever this is..."

"I'm Lucas by the way, one of Mentari's teammates, I was just wondering where she disappeared to, she doesn't typically vanish in the blink of an eye." It was then that the viking pondered the responsibility he had taken on to watch over the two more introverted members of CMCL when it came to public events and trying to encourage them to be a little more social, which reminded Lucas, Theriam and Charlotte better be at the dance and not avoiding everyone. If people like Blake, Ruby, and Mentari could do it, so could they...atleast without dismembering anyone
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:"Uh yeah sure, don't worry I believe you, you aren't a pervert at all, there are completely valid reasons to be taking pictures of everyone..." Lucas replied in the calmest voice he could muster without sounding completely sarcastic or bursting out laughing at the sudden turn of events. He didn't have much choice but to agree with her now that she had latched onto his shirt sleeve like a padlock.

"Sorry if I scared you there." He said and smiled apologetically to the frantic girl who looked like she was on the verge to go DEFCON 1, "Did Mentari put you up to this?" He asked then mumbled "Whatever this is..."

"I'm Lucas by the way, one of Mentari's teammates, I was just wondering where she disappeared to, she doesn't typically vanish in the blink of an eye." It was then that the viking pondered the responsibility he had taken on to watch over the two more introverted members of CMCL when it came to public events and trying to encourage them to be a little more social, which reminded Lucas, Theriam and Charlotte better be at the dance and not avoiding everyone. If people like Blake, Ruby, and Mentari could do it, so could they...atleast without dismembering anyone

Savannah Montaigne

Savannah immediately panicked at Lucas' seemingly sarcastic response, but was calmed almost immediately once he said he was part of Mentari's team. "Ah.. ah, thank goodness.." She laughed nervously, releasing her grip on the boy's sleeve. "A-ahem, uh.." She cleared her throat, taking a step back and composing herself.
"You don't know me, of course, but I'm a.. friend, of Mentari's. From Atlas. She's the only person I know here, so I was by her.. but it turns out that she's found someone trying to sabotage the Cross-Continental Transit System." Savannah explained, nodding. "The reason I was taking all those pictures was for Mentari, so she could register a discrepancy or something. I haven't found one yet. But, she did say to talk to rest of her team for help in doing so. This seems pretty serious." With another nod of her head, Savannah took a step back, looking back to the ballroom. "Are you able to help?"

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Lucas Blixsen

Lucas' grin dropped as he listened to Savannah speak and he understood the urgency in her voice. This was urgent, at least it sounded like it, it was time to get serious.

"...the CCT, that sounds bad..." He said vaguely before looking down at her, "Alright, I'll be happy to help, but...she just wants us to take pictures of everyone?"

He froze for a moment in deep thought, the gears almost apparent as they spun in his head, then snapped his finger, accidentally making a little blue electric spark arc between his thumb and middle finger, at the thought. His eyes brightened up again, "Hey, you Scroll can process more than one person at once right?" Recalling the picture she had just briefly took as Lucas arrived, remembering the multiple squares which centered on people's faces.

"Why don't you go around like you're having loads of fun here and take group selfies with everyone...I don't know, less chance of getting caught like this..." Plus he added and putting a thumbs up, "It sounds like a whole bunch more fun than racing around taking pictures...like a person scavenger hunt!"

Don't ask why Lucas wanted to make a very serious and urgent problem into a fun little game, not even the writer entirely knows but it can be assumed if it was a game, aka, and competition, Lucas would try harder.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:11 am

She did it. Avena actually did it. She laid everything out on the table and told Jackson how she felt. Even more shocking, she went in for a kiss and he didn't immediately pull away. Could it be possible that he felt the same way as her? Maybe it was meant to be, or maybe not.

When Avena pulled away from Jackson's lips, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off of her shoulders. Her heart beat slowed and her breathing became regular and constant. She was estatic that she finally told him everything and now she was waiting for Jackson to say yes.

Looking at Jackson, he seemed taken aback by the sudden kiss. His face was more redden that before and his voice was stammering. It was very clear that he was in distress over the whole thing. Was her upset by her confessing her love or something else?

It seemed like Jackson was going to tell her something before he was interupted by the loud music in the ballroom. Just like that Jackson had changed the subject away from the kiss and romance. She watched him take a step back from her before asking if she danced.

" Umm...I do a little, but I'm not very good." Avena said, a little embarassed.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Layla Ajanus

"As I said, Mistral's a nice place with terrible people. Sort-of ruins it a bit really. But perfection's an impossible thing really." She stopped herself before she started waxing philosophically. It was a bad habit of hers, but there wasn't much else to do at 2AM when you couldn't sleep. And then her chain of thought was interrupted once again.

"Culture's a pretty terrible thing to be known for considering most of the others. Although when it's between that and the criminal underworld, I suppose it's like choosing which foot to shoot yourself in." Layla shrugged, ignoring the offered hand. "Layla Ajanus, transfer from Haven."
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse