NATION

PASSWORD

PL IC Thread IX++ //Oddsbodikins & Atomic Kittens//

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Giovenith wrote:'Spin round the sun'? Willow questioned in his mind, still even after all this time here, largely ignorant about the function of heliocentrism. He dismissed it as just a saying they had around here, and didn't bother to ask more any the prescription or Arthur's apology, knowing that it was none of his place to poke into such things.

"Well I'm sure she'll be open to see you anyway," the pegasus reassured, gently closing the door behind the guest. "Doctor, you're a doctor yes? That's not an easy job, it takes time to get work done just right, not to mention empathy if you're working long-time with another person."

"I know a lot of theories and fringe hypothesis on a great deal of many things. I do have a doctorate in psychology but even then I am just good at knowing things. In practice, the world is chaotic and under no obligations to follow expectations. I doubt you care to listen to my mad ramblings, Willow is it?" Arthur asked.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Kale clapped her hands. "Okay then! I'll go!" she said, grinning with excitement. She got up from her seat and stood before everyone near the fire, making herself look tall. She cleared her throat and started speaking, her voice louder for her storytelling. She told the story while making motion to help tell, each action swiftly done right after the other in a dance-like motion. This was the ways of the Lore Tellers of her country.

"This is an old tale dating back hundreds of years. A tale telling of the gods, conflict, and unity," she started.

"Long ago there was a tribe called the Pow. They lived along the River Pow and on the shores of Great Bay Chesapioc." She made a wave with her hand, walking to the right side of the fire.

"The tribe fished in these waters, which were so clear that one could see the fish swim," She put her hands across her eyes as if to see far and then made a throwing motion downwards as if to throw a spear.

"They worshiped Sinazogamik'we, the 'Oyster Queen', who kept the waters clear. For centuries they worshiped and fished in peace." She made a prayer motion and did a small dance.

"One day, a tribe from far inland came into their territory. The Pow met this tribe, curious as to why they came." She made a marching motion, then a shaking motion with her and and then bowed.

"They called themselves the Hatan, and they came from a valley in Tall Mountains Apalachi. They made the journey because the cold winters and scarce food." She got on her tippy toes and raised her arms up high touching her fingers together, signifying the mountains; then she wrapped her arms around herself and shivered; then she opened her mouth and pointed down it.

"The Pow understood this and let the Hatan settle. The Hatan thanked them, and a great feast was held. After the feast, the Hatan left to settle on the shores of Great Bay Chesapioc." She threw her arms into the air and danced, then marched to her right of the fire, signifying east, and then sat down, signifying the settling.

"For years the Pow and Hatan lived in peace. But after a while, the Pow noticed something. They could not see as far into the waters as they could before. The Pow did not do anything, and continued fishing. Over the years, the waters became cloudier and cloudier, until the Pow could not see into the waters at all. There was much starving, as the Pow could not fish as well as they could because of the cloudy waters." She looked down at the ground squinting to see to signify the cloudy waters, then rubbed her stomach and frowned signifying the starving.

"The Pow went to the watery shrine of Sinazomigak'we and asked her why the waters were so cloudy. She told them a horrible truth. The Hatan were harvesting her oyster servants for food, making it hard for her to keep the waters clear. She asked them to do something before they ate all her oysters." She clasped her hands to pray, then looked surprised.

"The Pow were enraged by this. They went home and equipped their best warriors with bow and spear and marched upon the Hatan. The Hatan, peaceful folk, were struck with fear by the Pow." She put on an angry face and marched angrily to the right side of the fire. She then looked fearful, signifying the Hatan.

"The Pow accused the Hatan of starving them. The Hatan said that they ate the oysters because they were easy to harvest as they did not move like fish. The Pow, blind with rage, refused to listen to their reason and attacked." She pointed her finger in accusation, then went to the other side, showing a shocked expression. She then made an angry expression and swung her arm in attack.

"Much blood was shed that day. The Hatan were driven off from their village, their fisherman captured. The Pow took these men to the Great Bay Chesapoic, split them open like oysters, and threw their bloody corpses into the waters." She made a splitting motion with her hands and then a throwing motion, signifying the bloody act.

"The Pow went to Sinazomigak'we's watery shrine to tell her that they got rid of the Hatan and threw the corpses of the oyster fishers into the waters. The Pow stayed their for days, trying to invoke her, but Sinazogimak'we did not come to them, for she was frightened by the Pow's bloody massacre of the Hatan and ran away." She clasped her hands again, praying, but had a look of surprise on her. She then ran away, stopping at the end of the far left of the fire.

"The Pow left the shrine and went back home and rested. The next day, they found some thing shocking and frightening. The River Pow and the Great Bay Chesapioc were red, red with the blood of the Hatan fishermen. The waters were so cloudy that the pow could see only the surface. The waters so bloody that fish left them. The waters so cursed, the people who bathed, drank, or tried to fish in it were cursed with dreams of the slain Hatan and their screams wringing out in their heads during the day." She laid down on the ground to sleep and then got up, walked a bit, then looked surprised. She squinted her eyes down at the ground, trying to look. She swung her arms as if to throw a spear and picked it up but looked confused. She scooped her hand down and brought it up to drink the water, then clasped her hands onto her head, rocking her head around.

"For months the Pow suffered. They could not fish nor drink from their waters, so they had to travel far to get it. There was much famine, and the Pow were on the verge of collapse. After the last death, they asked their priests to invoke Ahone, the 'Great Spirit'. After much praying, Ahone came to them. They told him of their suffering and the bloody waters and the disappearance of Sinazomigak'we. Ahone frowned, for he knew why. He told them that the cursed waters and the disappearance of the Oyster Queen was because of their massacre of the Hatan and that they deserved this curse for their brutal actions." She walked around slowly, her hand on her stomach. She knelt down and prayed. Then, she got up and looked tall and imposing.

"The Pow, shock by this revelation, weeped. They weeped for their actions, and the Hatan. Once the weeping was done, they got up and asked Ahone to guide them to the Hatan to apologize. Ahone agreed, for he knew the tribe was truly sorry." She rubbed her eyes to fake weep then looked up, begging. She then got up, looking imposing again, nodded, and pointed to the left of the fire.

"The Pow were guided north, over many rivers until they came upon the village of the Hatan. It had walls and had warriors guarding the outskirts, differing from the tribe they lived with before. The Hatan saw the Pow and came to then with their best warriors armed wth spear and bow. They asked why the Pow were at their village." She marched to the left end of the fire, taking big steps to signify stepping over the rivers. She then struck a menacing pose, holding her hand as if she were holding a spear.

"The Pow fell to the ground, weeping and apologizing. They told the Hatan that they were truly sorry for attacking the Hatan months before and that they have suffered many things for their brutal actions. The Pow told them that they came all this way just to ask for their forgiveness. the Hatan, still a listening tribe, accepted their apology, for they saw that the Great Bay Chesapioc was red." She fell to the ground, her arms raised and her hands clasped, begging for forgiveness.

"When the Pow heard that their apology was accepted, they cried with joy. A feast was held that day, celebrating the end of the conflict and to honor the lives lost in it. The next day, the two tribes went to see the waters of Great Bay Chesapioc and were surprised and elated to see the waters were blue like before." She jumped with joy and did a little dance. She then walked to the right side of the fire and looked out, putting a surprised look on.

"The Pow then asked the Hatan to come with them and settle, for they missed the years when they lived together on the lands. The Hatan agreed, and both tribes went back together." She put on a questioning look, then put on a look of happiness. She then marched in place, taking big steps like before.

"When the two tries arrived back at the River Pow, they were surprised to see that Sinazomigak'we was standing in the waters before them. She told them that they were happy that the two tribes made peace. She told the Hatan that their uncontrolled fishing of her oysters caused the problem but then told the Pow that their 'solution' to it made things worse. She told them to live and learn from each other." She walked to the left, making a wave with her hand, and put on a look of surprise. She then stood tall, looking like lecturer.

"The tribes agreed and settled down together. The Pow taught the Hatan about fishing and control. The Hatan taught the Pow peace and diplomacy and how to catch oysters. Years and years, generations and generations, the two tribes lived and learned together, until they became one tribe. The 'Pow-Hatan'." She sat down criss-cross. Se then clasped her hands together, intertwining her fingers together.

"The End" Kale finished. She jumped up and bowed to the crowd.
Last edited by The Carlisle on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Kale's story caught the attention of Torii, who sat with her hands wrapped around her knees as she listened in silence. Her friend's dancing added even more to the story. Then, Torii was wondering where this could take place. She didn't recognize words like "Apalachi" or any of the weird names of gods, but Chesapeake sounded familiar to her.

By the end of the story, Torii had figured it out (and was entertained as well!)

"Powhattan? They're an Indian Tribe from America, right?", She asked curiously.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:06 am

Torsiedelle wrote:Kale's story caught the attention of Torii, who sat with her hands wrapped around her knees as she listened in silence. Her friend's dancing added even more to the story. Then, Torii was wondering where this could take place. She didn't recognize words like "Apalachi" or any of the weird names of gods, but Chesapeake sounded familiar to her.

By the end of the story, Torii had figured it out (and was entertained as well!)

"Powhattan? They're an Indian Tribe from America, right?", She asked curiously.

Kale nodded to Torii. "Yes, yes. Lovely people. I went down to their lands on vacation once. They run a lot of resorts on the beaches there. I heard this story from one of their Lore Tellers. Though, he was way better than me," she said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:31 am

"So, you go to those places?"

Torii tilted her head. "Where do you come from again? I never hear of anyone going to visit Indian tribes and bays."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:09 am

"I thought we learned in school that the Native Americans were wiped out by the American conquerors." Toscha shrugged. His schooling had of course been in the communist nation of the Branriech, where at every turn possible, they found a way to stick in something to make it America's fault. This was no different in his mind, though of course, living away from the country that had granted his people refuge, he ended up realizing that the refuge was kind of a crapshoot. "You know, that story seems like something not too far from what we'd do back when we lived in a Tribal society. Granted, I don't think a lot of our people are into fish, but those same kinds of things." He shrugged, looking at the fire. It was almost comforting to sit there, huddled in the sand around a fire were some of the things about his old life that he did remember. Too young to understand the gravity of life, yet old enough to remember simply being nestled in his mother's protective grasp, resting around a fire.

"Good story though, makes me wish I knew some."

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Kale looked a tad confused. "I come from Confederation? Well, Confederation of The Carlisle really..." she said, "There are tons of native american tribes there, all having their own territories. Kind of similar to states, except there are hundreds. Powhatan territory is near Great Sibikibwakwahigan, or what the English used to call Hampton Roads."

Kale then looked to Toscha, a confused but more serious look. "Nearly. Most migrated to my land. We made sure that they knew there was a safe haven from English and American expansion," she said.

Kale walked back to her seat and sat down. "Anybody else?" she said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Cerillium wrote:Blythe and Xanthe had set up a small grass hut on the beach. They'd built it around Superbia and Lucius in order to help them mend.

Both of them were still unconscious, but were looking better. Lucius was laid out on his left side with his wing(s) tucked into his body. His scars and cuts were still visible, but were clean. His bones that were broken were placed into casts. Though unconscious, his mind still wondered as he thought mostly on the past 2 millenniums.

Superbia, despite looking better with his suture stitched up and his tail growing back, his mind was troubled. Somewhere, in the deep, dark parts in the back of his mind, a small box played a tune. One played to a child. The same chime that was being played from a small, marble chime box in a pocket dimension. Curled up next to it was a girl, who looked to be as old as a teen, in rags and chains, fast asleep.. Her skin was a sickly pale, with flesh missing in some parts, showing both muscles and bones in some areas. A dim slight shown over her in a void where light is rare. As the chime box slowly stopped the girl began to awaken. As the the last note was hit, the girl looked up to the light with her blood red eyes and with a loud cry shouted, "Father!" Somehow, this cry could be heard as a whisper to Superbia, who for a moment, moved his hands in a wince of pain.
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:27 pm

"Oh, I was wondering. Never really met but one American, and she was a bitch.", Torii giggled. "Yea, Toscha, they have a habit of killing people and acting like the good guys. Anyway, that's not too important right now."

Torii reached for another soda. "Your homeland sounds cool, Kale. I loved the dancing, too. It was really pretty. So, another Story? I'd love to hear one from Yuna, but only if she wants to."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Nick poked Calle. <Oysters filter water? That makes sense. Does the story mean that bad things will happen if I eat them? The things in the story were scary. I don't wanna be killed or cursed or something...> He pressed himself against the girl's side, shivering a bit. <It is just a story. Consequences are probably not that bad, and I don't often eat oysters.>
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:28 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:"Oh, I was wondering. Never really met but one American, and she was a bitch.", Torii giggled. "Yea, Toscha, they have a habit of killing people and acting like the good guys. Anyway, that's not too important right now."

Torii reached for another soda. "Your homeland sounds cool, Kale. I loved the dancing, too. It was really pretty. So, another Story? I'd love to hear one from Yuna, but only if she wants to."

Yuna blushed.

"Well, I mean, I could tell you guys the story about how Drova first flew without someone there watching him." She shrugged, recalling it herself as told to her by some of their Maidens. "It's pretty funny, I guess." She nodded, looking to everyone else for agreement. "Our God's stories are long and confusing, maybe we can save one of those for later."

Toscha nodded.

"Whatever you want really, Yuna, right?" He said.

--

"There's two things I'll never pass up." Kei nodded with a grin, having been watching Qeno for the past few minutes. She placed her hand in the path of the glass and stopped it right in front of her. "An addition to my collection, which I can explain later, and Alcohol." She said happily as she raised the glass to her lips. It was good, and sweeter than what she was used to, but good nonetheless. "Mmm, what is this stuff? It's not as good as Elf's Blood, but this is alright."

--

"Hoh?" Calle yawned, having almost powered herself down with Nick in her lap. She looked up to find the cat pressing himself against her side, his fur running across her skin-tight bodysuit that contained her subsystems and gave her room to put on her armor and thruster-packs.

"Wasn't listening, but what story?"

Qeno
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qeno » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:22 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
"There's two things I'll never pass up." Kei nodded with a grin, having been watching Qeno for the past few minutes. She placed her hand in the path of the glass and stopped it right in front of her. "An addition to my collection, which I can explain later, and Alcohol." She said happily as she raised the glass to her lips. It was good, and sweeter than what she was used to, but good nonetheless. "Mmm, what is this stuff? It's not as good as Elf's Blood, but this is alright."

"This one's called Laughing Raven" Qeno said as she sluggishly read the wine label, She didn't even like the taste of such a beverage and yet the more she sips the more she starts feeling sleepy. The young woman didn't feel very well almost drinking half of the bottle and she quietly ordered some more chicken wings that were once ordered earlier that day then not long after ordering them a platter filled with wings appeared before her. "Probably shouldn't drink this again" She complained in almost a whiny tone while she started to sample the wings.
Desired Tech Level: Future Tech
My nation's pronounciation: Key-No
National government: A imperialist constitutional monarchy with a matriarch as a ruler and an assembly to advise her will
Anti-realist in RPs

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:48 pm

"Willow Streaks," Willow confirmed, nodding as Arthur expressed the struggles of the job. "I understand the sentiment, you're not alone in it. Training is the important start, but everypony knows that ultimately credentials are nothing without the polish of experience. Talent and genius are gardened, not bestowed. Madness... pfft." He gave a foreleg a small but dramatic sweep, as if to swat the notion out towards the door. "Worry not for that word. Hold tight, go steady, keep the flame."

That said, he leaned toward the other room. "Company, Brit!"

---

"Very good," Giovenith clapped her hands, nodding in approval at Kale. "Oh people, America sounds like a perfectly fine place to be."
Last edited by Giovenith on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:10 pm

"Not to me.", Torii mumbled. "Have you heard some of that awful rap music that comes from America? Not to mention all the girls are bitches, and then people like the Democrats can have power. That'd never happen in my country. Also, I heard that colored people can get rich."

Her mumbling died down to a whisper, before picking up again. Maybe she didn't pay attention to how she was speaking aloud? "Oh, sorry! Just ignore me, I think I just had a little too much beer since we all got here."

She reached for a soda. She hoped that Yuna would have something to say, or Marcus, or maybe Toscha?
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Kale looked at Torii with an odd look. She was quite surprised by what she was speaking about. I mean, she wasn't American but the generalizations were quite... disturbing... especially her last statement. In fact, she scooted away from Torii, leaning into Toscha because of it.

"I've been there a couple of times. I've never experienced that. Well... some of that," she said, shuddering a bit, "It's not all bad. Maybe a visit would change your mind. I know a beautiful place up in Vermont!" The memories of her trip to Lake Champlain put her at ease.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Brit still gazed out at the jungle from the window, unaware of the conversation Willow and Arthur were having together. Unaware that they even still existed, actually. She watched on, expecting one of those freakish monsters to come shambling out. And what would happen if one did? What would she do? She thought back about what had stopped her from popping off rounds like her double when they went into her mind. What kept her from just shooting them? She remembered the terrifying inhuman screams they made. All those movies and games she'd seen and played about zombies still didn't really stack her up for the real deal.

Brit was getting a bit anxious, when the sound of sizzling unexpectedly snapped her out of her stupor. She looked to the source: The frying pan. "Aw shit!" She cursed, quickly taking the spatula out and trying to flip it over quick. She went too fast, and the grilled cheese sandwich flipped out high. Reacting fast; Brit moved the pan over and miraculously caught it in time to save it from hitting the floor. She stood there in a pretty awkward pose, with her one hand down by the floor holding the pan, the other up in the air holding the spatula, and her body twisted downward like she was had just finished some kind of interpretive dance or maybe inventing a new yoga pose.

The girl stared at the pan as her mind caught up with the events that had transpired, and allowed her to slowly move the pan back to the stove top. As a bonus, the sandwich was only a golden brown, and not a jet black burnt like she feared. She exhaled a sigh of relief before her heart skipped a beat and she was reminded that was also cooking ramen too. A quick glance over revealed the ramen to be better off than she expected, so she took another breath. "I need a drink..." She said, reaching for her pop and taking a swig. She slowly remembered there were people in the house, and slowly looked over to see if Willow, and now Arthur, had seen any of what just happened.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:42 pm

"I've met a few Americans before, a lot of them are very nice, though they do take what they have for granted. In Bielefeld, at least I live in a heated room, right? Back home, it was tail-socks and bundling up even inside the house, hard to slither with." Toscha shrugged. "In school, they told us that they were the cause of most of the world's problems, but I doubt that." He nodded, feeling Kale lean into him slightly, causing the Lamia to go red in the face as Yuna got ready to tell her story.

"Well, anyways, here's how Drova learned to fly solo . . ."

Yuna started the telling of the story.

It was a pretty lonely day at the Palace. Both Drova and Yuna had turned 5 and 6 respectively, and both were at the age of learning how to fly, though only with their parents or their instructors. It was too dangerous to fly alone in the caverns around the palace, built over and reaching out of a grand subterranean lake, popular with swimmers and unwilling-swimmers who only started swimming when they failed flying for the first time. Drova was getting quite bored of his studies on Arithmetic, so the young boy decided in all his glory to go off and explore the parts of the castle he'd never seen before.

"This alright so far?" Yuna interrupted herself.

Anyways, Drova wandered through the halls for hours, making it a game to avoid being caught by his teacher, who was getting furious at that point. At the 4 hour mark of playing his little game of hide-and-seek, his teacher had finally cornered him at a door, instructed by his father to use whatever means necessary to make sure he got his education. With no other alternatives in sight, Drova burst through the door he was hiding behind, only to find . . .

"Don't worry, it's kind of funny." Yuna said, giggling softly at the memory.

Well, it was the changing room for the Maids of the Palace. Apparently, from what Yuna had heard afterwards, her brother was so embarrassed, that he backed up right out a window, and started falling several stories before finally being carried aloft by his unsteady wings.

"He got in a lot of trouble that day." The Pyersai said, quite pleased with her story-telling. "And he only really flew in the sense that his free-fall turned into a soft landing as he glided into the lake, but ever since, he's been the better flier than I."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 pm

There, that again. Giovenith's face pulled back tightly, forming itself into hard neutrality.

"If we are not prepared to properly learn about and accept others that share this life," she began in a leveled, but direct voice. "Then we will be left without argument or reason for why anyone else out there should give chance to or accept us. Make your trades wisely in this world, friends. The costs often seem cheap until it's time to pay back exactly what you took out. Any other stories? Yuna?"
Last edited by Giovenith on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Seeing as the mood was slightly ruined by Torii's divisive remarks, Yuna shied away slightly and sighed. "Well, not really. I mean, I shouldn't have even told that one, Drova'd kill me if he found out." She smiled slyly. "I dunno', I just think that you guys would be bored with our Pantheon's stories." She shrugged. "No action really, except when we lost them, that one had a lot of fighting, but that's the longest."

Toscha shrugged.

He wasn't much of a fan of Torii's words either, and he shook his head when she wasn't looking in his direction.

"I think a visit would be lovely, Kale." He reassured her.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Torii wasn't going to speak anymore on the matter. She felt embarrassed enough, and upset. Instead, she decided to keep on and not dwell on the matter any longer.

"It was a funny story, Yuna.", She said quickly and plainly. "I don't think you and your brother really tell us about your home a lot. Hey, is Drova still flying around? He should really get to know us better. It's not good for a kid to not hang out with other kids."

She burried her face into her knees and peered out at the fire.

"I don't care what they think. It's how I feel."
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:24 pm

"Nice to meet you Willow, I'm Dr. Arthur Von Eldritch, you could say that I'm related to the Raptor family even though I don't look like it. It's what's on the inside that counts, the very squishy and delicious insides..." Arthur said and adjusted his sunglasses. "I'm afraid madness is all too common in Raptors, I keep it managed... mostly," he added partially fibbing about being under control. He tried for the most part, like Fortu, but unlike his 'brother,' Arthur was still a Raptor at heart. Yet he had a quite a few skeletons in his closet that weren't literal, in addition to a few literal ones.

He turned to see the hubbub in the kitchen, not a bit surprised but a little puzzled. "Some bubbly might help, but I think you might need to have some time away from tropical foliage. Luckily, I just got this travel brochure from a guy I know, and it sounds perfect. A vacation from this vacation, what could possibly go wrong?" He offered to the girl as he rummaged through his pockets for the wrinkled paper. Unable to find it, he gave up and popped the cork on the bottle of alcohol.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:56 pm

"I suppose we wouldn't want to invade Drova's privacy, that wouldn't be polite of us. I'd be glad to hear of your pantheon, though."

Giovenith cared deeply for Torii has her friend, but honestly didn't care if she felt embarrassed when she got called out for saying horrible things about other people. Acting cruel and callous toward your fellows for something petty or outside their control was something to be embarrassed about. Giovenith would by no means ever push the shame, but she would also never exempt even her friends from the truth or the consequences they pulled upon themselves over their choices. Rewards were never freebies.

"I think Willow actually told me that Drova recently hurt his wing pretty badly," she suddenly remembered. "Didn't say how, not sure how he knew either, but if Drova is off flying perhaps he's just trying to bend it back into shape. Still, if he was hurt, we also don't want him hitting a bad gust and winding up hurt again. You're right, he probably should come back with us and rest for a while. If he wants, anyway. Maybe?"

---

"Ah, yes, the Raptors. I delivered their free commission painting on Christmas, hope they enjoy it."

The clamor obviously attracted Willow as well, floating there and running his eyes over the stove and Brit's funny pose. For a second he found it amusing, but then better judgement caught up and his slight smile fell, making the connection that this was a bad sign. He didn't know why Brit had flipped out, but knew that nothing that caused it could have been good.

"Yeah Brit, you should listen to the doctor," he said gently, landing on the floor and folding his wings with a reassuring smile. "He brought you some drink. I normally don't drink out of season, but you know."
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:00 pm

"I mean, he was probably flying around watching the fireworks and such. He'd have a good angle up there." Yuna shrugged, correct in her assumptions, though unknown to the rest of them, Drova was perfectly fine on the ground at the moment. He had landed on the beach a while down, and was taking some time to himself to walk back up. If one looked closely enough into the distance, they could probably see his thin outline sauntering down the beach. "And yeah, he wouldn't talk about it though, but he had to bandage the wing up for a while." She nodded.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:28 pm

"Yea, if he wants, I guess. I don't think I heard about his wing, did I?"

She didn't remember. She was sure she didn't, however. "Maybe that's why he wasn't very energetic when we danced on Thanksgiving. He was dressed and took my hand, but everyone else seemed more into the festivities."

"At least I got to dance.", Torii said with a smile. She always wanted a date to a dance, and Drova was her first actual date (that showed up). He was a real gentleman, too. "And he seemed happy. You know, for a second, I actually kind of felt like I was a princess at the ball..."

Torii forgot about her worries just a moment ago and kicked back. "I had my pretty dress and mask, and he had his, and he acted so nice, so that was nice. I wish I could do it again. It was good to have a date since last year."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:42 am

"But I am straight edge..." Brit replied with a sort of child-like confused tone, as if she was just told that one plus one equals three. She flipped the sandwich over and found it was fully cooked. "Okay, Willow, th' grilled cheeses're ready." She said, putting the last one on a paper plate. "Arthur, if I'd've known you were comin' I'd've made one for you too. Ehehehe..." She began putting the ramen into two bowls before wondering if she could split it between the three of them.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse