NATION

PASSWORD

(un)Official "Let's Keep the IPO system" Thread

The NationStates Share Offer! Buy! Sell! Buy! Sell again!

IPOs?

Keep them in some form permanently
100%
Definitely eliminate the system
No votes

Total votes : 1

Denecaep
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

(un)Official "Let's Keep the IPO system" Thread

Postby Denecaep » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:16 pm

The (un) will stay in the title until a mod makes it official by changing it.

To quote my previous thread...
Obviously this is an April Fool's joke. But I honestly think that this would be an interesting system if it stayed. Right now, so much of NS is roleplaying, there aren't many guarantees. Imagine if, in the Economics section of the forum, you not only had to pay an ambiguous 1,000,000 USD for something, but you also had to pay 120 shares as a "guarantee" that your purchase was legitimate.

Of course, similar things could occur in other places. An OP rewarding good roleplayers with some limited shares, an F7er trading shares for a drink in the one tavern (forgot its name), or even someone in the tech section providing a reward for someone who could find a solution to the problem.

If you would like to see this system stay in place, even if only for fun, please leave your name in all caps at the top of your post (and then also feel free to discuss this)

In this thread, I will be developing a list of those IN SUPPORT of some form of permanent IPO system, as well as keeping a list of the prominent, supported ideas proposed in this thread, and who came up with them. In other words, I won't just post your idea to the OP automatically. It needs to receive some support from other posters.

Please state clearly if you support SOME FORM of permanent IPO system or NOT.

- Denecaep
- Hossaim
Last edited by Denecaep on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Founding Senator Dene Caep of the NSG Senate

Hossaim
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hossaim » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Add me to the supporters list. This is FUN!
Hossaim Family of F7
Nicolas Hossaim (Headmaster of Waverly Academy)
Jamie Hossaim (wife of Nicolas Hossaim)
Steven Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Court Wizard of Castle Talos)
Mark Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Necromancer at F7 Graveyard)

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Denecaep wrote:The (un) will stay in the title until a mod makes it official by changing it.

Actually, no. The place for such discussions is in the Technical forum, where there is already a thread underway. Furthermore, mods don't set coding policy - admins do. Finally, appeals to popularity don't work. Clever ideas that make sense, do.

Thread locked. Take it to Tech.

Return to IPO