NATION

PASSWORD

Yesterday was a Disaster

The NationStates Share Offer! Buy! Sell! Buy! Sell again!
Canadaiana
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Yesterday was a Disaster

Postby Canadaiana » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:12 am

We were so close to beating max without him having pity on us, but a few greedy people kept everything to themselves. :palm:

I am now writing condemnations for everyone in the top 25 (other then nation states community, of course) who is not a dicatorship (as that would be a reward for them).

I can see it will be particular easy to get conservative votes for Aelosia's condemnation ;)
Last edited by Canadaiana on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:16 am

Im just glad i can see other topics that dont have to do with shares anymore XD
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:03 am

Canadaiana wrote:(Image)
I am now writing condemnations for everyone in the top 25 (other then nation states community, of course) who is not a dicatorship (as that would be a reward for them).

Many of those in the top 25 were pledged to the NS Community, but only the top 5 or so would have made a difference, and those weren't in with the cause
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:21 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:Im just glad i can see other topics that dont have to do with shares anymore XD

This ^

The sidebar was full with too many shares topics every 5 mins.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:57 am

A condemnation for having to go offline (for RL reasons) before that effort started and not being able to log in again until after "trading" had been ended? Hrreally?!?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:02 am

Bears Armed wrote:A condemnation for having to go offline (for RL reasons) before that effort started and not being able to log in again until after "trading" had been ended? Hrreally?!?

I would definitely not support such an effort.

Corporate lepearchauns
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporate lepearchauns » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:10 am

I dont think its about online or off. Its about the people the group was speaking with that we KNEW were online to make the difference

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 am

I stated here that I would join a coalition despite remaining as a distinct entity. Also, the time difference between London and Mainland USA is between 5-8 hours.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:16 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:Im just glad i can see other topics that dont have to do with shares anymore XD

To be honest I felt a tinge of sadness when I started seeing the topics return to "Should the US bring back slavery","Did Jesus really sniff glue", "Is it moral for crocodiles to mate with staplers" or whatever insane things get discussed on General.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:37 am

Why should anyone be condemned? New Texas had built a very tidy sum of shares and I see no reason why they should be compelled to give them up - given each of us are granted our own reasons for being on the boards, while the community effort was nice to watch no one should feel they HAD TO partake, especially those who'd put effort into building their own.

Condemning those who were doing their own thing goes against the spirit of the NS community, it doesn't need to get all Lord of the Flies.

I, for one, cheer New Texas and all those who built up large shares, well done, to come second is no mean feat.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:43 am

San Pellegrino Romana wrote:

This ^

The sidebar was full with too many shares topics every 5 mins.

I agree. And I couldn't help but click on them, 'cause i'm a very greedy person.
Last edited by Leasath on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Known as Malay

The lepearchauns
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The lepearchauns » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 am

From someone on the inside, its not that texas denied us, its that they strung us along for so long. We really thought they were a lock to join us along with several others and then they suddenly reversed position and dropped off the earth and left us naked in the breeze
Lep

Former CoDF/ Vice Chancellor, FRA
Former Delegate, South Pacific
Former being of awesomeness, everywhere

Kogvuron, the answer to how long you owned my signature from the IPO auction is apparently 9 months

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 am

Seems to me that SOME people are just terribly upset that they fell for the NSC ponzi scheme.
"Give us your shares and rule the world!"
Too bad Max showed you plebs who really rules the world.

Just give up and face the facts, you'll never get your shares back now, and never again will you have the distinct pleasure of converting the Enola Gay into a transformer and having it fight with a full scale model of Godzilla. None of you will know the simple joy of owning your own island nation and being worshiped as a god thereon. All because you gave up your shares and fell for a silly scheme. Well, I tip my golden hat to you gentlemen and raise my triceratops horn cup to you. You're first class fools.

Now I shall retire to my gem studded mansion to watch the secret unaired episodes of Mythbusters on my obscenely large quantum television.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:59 am

It's not a disaster at all. OMG_INC had voted on whether to give NewTexas all of The NationStates Community's shares to him in the event that NewTexas didn't budge -- we were prepared to do it up until the last minute when Earth was clicking the button frantically and it wasn't working for her and we were all freaking out. I guess Max just preferred that the community won instead of an individual. It was a beautiful ending to the whole thing. :)

I really want to know whether that ending was planned or not beforehand!!! < MAX CHAT 2012

This was by the way, THE BEST APRIL FOOLS EVER!!! Esp. the ending. :P
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to IPO