NATION

PASSWORD

Some New Conservative Ideas

APRIL FOOLS 2010 - A place for trustworthy discussion of important topics. Like what to do about those pinko commie hippies!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Free and Open States wrote:I didn't realize when I started playing this game, you all were a group of nerdy liberal freaks.

I'm not nerdy! >:(

Sigh* pulls out clip board and makes a check at the top*

denial is always the first stage.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Adrian Empire wrote:
Free and Open States wrote:
I am a strict conservative. I have some new BIG ideas

Get rid of all Federal dept except Defense, State, Justice, Treasury
End the Fed
End Social Security
End the CIA
End Welfare
End corporate welfare
End income tax
Get out of the middle east. We're spending too much money there
Stop taking freedom for granted
End abortion except for non-consentual sex
Deport all illegals
Get out of the healthcare business

Stop overregulating
Allow religion in public school

I can keep going.

Not that new friend, most of your ideas are similar to mine, I'll bold the ones I disagree with, then take up arguments on them:
1. End the CIA: I don't like a secret government organization, but espionage is necessary if a nation is to be secure
2. Get out of the middle east. We're spending too much money there: I disagree with cut and run diplomacy, we helped those nations topple tyrannical governments we should stay until the job is done
Deport all illegals: I am against controlled immigration, while I agree current illegals should be kicked out, afterwards new immigrants should not require anything other than to not be an escaping fugitive or a nazi/communist war criminal

1. Meh
2. You might check the news, the tyrannical governments in both Afghanistan and Iraq have been gone for quite a while.
3. Please explain how you propose to deport 11,000,000 people. And please be specific.

1. Like the police, the CIA are necessary to investigate terrorist and aggressive foreign activity
2. Yes, I realize, but Afghanistan is very fragile, we shouldn't put into them into shark tank before they learn to swim, Iraq is much more secure though
3. Can't say how, I was just trying to be agreeable, since my preferred option would be to let them all stay, except the drug dealers and criminals which we already catch, immigrants help infuse the nation with competition
Last edited by The Adrian Empire on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:40 pm

United Dependencies wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Free and Open States wrote:I didn't realize when I started playing this game, you all were a group of nerdy liberal freaks.

The smiley denotes anger. That's the next stage, isn't it?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Free and Open States
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free and Open States » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Gosh! Did anyone actually read the list. I'm being accused of liking public healthcare! What part of "Stay out of the health business" dont you understand!

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Free and Open States wrote:Gosh! Did anyone actually read the list. I'm being accused of liking public healthcare! What part of "Stay out of the health business" dont you understand!

We read between the lines and see your communist agenda.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Free and Open States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Free and Open States » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 pm

I'm tired of this satire shit. Lets talk serious.

Asceaus
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 08, 2010

Postby Asceaus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Free and Open States wrote:I'm tired of this satire shit. Lets talk serious.

Only a couple hours...you can hold on.
Konstantin
Emperor of theNew Britannian Empire

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Free and Open States wrote:I'm tired of this satire shit. Lets talk serious.

Wrong day for that. :(
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Vox Libertatem
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vox Libertatem » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Unitopolis wrote:if there's no income tax how would you raise enough money to run a country?

(speaking as Vox Libertatem and not necessarily as the Man Behind The Curtain):

Toll roads, user fees, the lottery, donations, fines for criminal activity, and recognizing that, in many respects, countries can run themselves. Who in Hades needs a bloated mass of a government anyway? People can run their own lives, thank you very much. Its not like you need to have some ninny force you to eat right and exercise and take contraceptives and buy health insurance, after all... (that would never happen, would it? :blink: :p )

Of course, we of Vox Libertatem aren't exactly what most people would call "conservative". We frankly don't understand most so-called "morality" legislation. I seems like two-thirds of our media are censored or outright banned in other countries for the most absurd reasons (nude breasts? Look, even babies generally get more than a good look at breasts.... what in hades do people get up in arms about it? Half the time it isn't even sexual!). For that matter, not allowing homosexual men into the military when heterosexual women are allowed - assuming you want soldiers to be monastic in the first place - is sort of a weird double standard. Or "sodomy laws" - those are completely unbelievable, and insane. And apparently "affairs" threaten the sanctity of marriage; hasn't anyone thought about asking their spouse to pick a good mistress or lover for them? Or the two of you could go together to look for one for you or him/her (or for you two to share, if you're so inclined, or even to add a third partner to your marriage). Good, family-building exercises which don't require being tied up (unless you're into that sort of thing).

And beyond that, there is "prohibition". Try that lunacy in Libertas and you'd be massacred by an angry mob in a heartbeat. Or laws against gambling, doing business on certain days of the week, curfews, etc.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 pm

The Adrian Empire wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
The Adrian Empire wrote:
Free and Open States wrote:
I am a strict conservative. I have some new BIG ideas

End the Fed
End Social Security
End the CIA
End Welfare
End corporate welfare
End income tax
Deport all illegals

Stop overregulating

I can keep going.

Not that new friend, most of your ideas are similar to mine, I'll bold the ones I disagree with, then take up arguments on them:
1. End the CIA: I don't like a secret government organization, but espionage is necessary if a nation is to be secure
2. Get out of the middle east. We're spending too much money there: I disagree with cut and run diplomacy, we helped those nations topple tyrannical governments we should stay until the job is done
Deport all illegals: I am against controlled immigration, while I agree current illegals should be kicked out, afterwards new immigrants should not require anything other than to not be an escaping fugitive or a nazi/communist war criminal

1. Meh
2. You might check the news, the tyrannical governments in both Afghanistan and Iraq have been gone for quite a while.
3. Please explain how you propose to deport 11,000,000 people. And please be specific.

1. Like the police, the CIA are necessary to investigate terrorist and aggressive foreign activity
2. Yes, I realize, but Afghanistan is very fragile, we shouldn't put into them into shark tank before they learn to swim, Iraq is much more secure though
3. Can't say how, I was just trying to be agreeable, since my preferred option would be to let them all stay, except the drug dealers and criminals which we already catch, immigrants help infuse the nation with competition

1. I agree.
2. The Afghans have already discovered the delights of holding fraudulent elections and arguing over the results. I think they're ready. Now, as soon as they hand over Bin Laden ... oh, wait ...
3. Be careful, some people will take you at face value when you're just trying to be agreeable.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 pm

This thread reeks of Poe.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:44 pm

Vox Libertatem wrote:
Unitopolis wrote:if there's no income tax how would you raise enough money to run a country?

Toll roads, user fees, the lottery, donations, fines for criminal activity, and recognizing that, in many respects, countries can run themselves. Who in Hades needs a bloated mass of a government anyway? People can run their own lives, thank you very much. Its not like you need to have some ninny force you to eat right and exercise and take contraceptives and buy health insurance, after all... (that would never happen, would it? :blink: :p )

Of course, we of Vox Libertatem aren't exactly what most people would call "conservative". We frankly don't understand most so-called "morality" legislation. I seems like two-thirds of our media are censored or outright banned in other countries for the most absurd reasons (nude breasts? Look, even babies generally get more than a good look at breasts.... what in hades do people get up in arms about it? Half the time it isn't even sexual!). For that matter, not allowing homosexual men into the military when heterosexual women are allowed - assuming you want soldiers to be monastic in the first place - is sort of a weird double standard. Or "sodomy laws" - those are completely unbelievable, and insane. And apparently "affairs" threaten the sanctity of marriage; hasn't anyone thought about asking their spouse to pick a good mistress or lover for them? Or the two of you could go together to look for one for you or him/her (or for you two to share, if you're so inclined, or even to add a third partner to your marriage). Good, family-building exercises which don't require being tied up (unless you're into that sort of thing).

And beyond that, there is "prohibition". Try that lunacy in Libertas and you'd be massacred by an angry mob in a heartbeat. Or laws against gambling, doing business on certain days of the week, curfews, etc.

Given these fora are successors, even short-lived, to NSG, we don't do In Character. We're all always the Person Behind the Curtain.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Hmm he appears to have combined some. This can't turn out well.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Pythria
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pythria » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Zirconim wrote:All good except tax, middle east, and un ideas.

Thank you, a rational person. I hate taxes as much as the next person (liberals aren't people), and think they should be lower, but what else is the government supposed to run on? I don't think the goverment should spend so much money on stupid programs like welfare, but tax money is also used for things like roads and libraries. As for the Middle East, are we supposed to just let the terrorists attack us? I could count the terrorist attacks on US soil (or planes) since 9/11 on one hand. The UN, though, I don't care about. We probably shouldn't pull out of that, though, because it would be an international relations nightmare. I also don't agree with the part about ending the CIA. They are necessary.

To sum it up, there is a difference between being a rational conservative and an anarchist.
Last edited by Pythria on Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fifty Metropoli
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fifty Metropoli » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Free and Open States wrote:I am a strict conservative. I have some new BIG ideas

End the Fed
End Social Security
End the CIA
End Welfare
End corporate welfare
End income tax
Deport all illegals
Stop overregulating

I can keep going.

I agree with almost everything. However, I think that we should:
Continue corporate welfare--Conservative values are based upon a strong capitalist, economically-powerful society and how can this be remade and/or sustained without at least some initial corporate welfare
Continue income tax--Income tax was instituted for the first time in this country by either the 1st or 2nd (behind Reagan) Republican President in the history of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. How much more conservative a state institution can you get? Also, the government would not be able to function without income tax. Here's a proposal: Lower upper and upper middle class tax rates and raise those of the lower and lower middle classes so that the lower classes know what it feels like to contribute about 87% of the total income tax dollars per year so that they'll stop bitching and whining.
Continue the Fed--I recently read an article about the history of financial crises in the United States. During the 19th century, there were about 15 legitimate financial panics plus another 3 during the first 12 years of the 20th century. The creation of the Fed in 1913 has meant that there have only been 4 real crises during the rest of the 20th and thus far during the 21st centuries. Granted, the Great Depression was terrible, probably enough to equal the power of several of the 19th century panics, but I insist.
Keep all of the Cabinet departments except for the Departments of Veterans Affairs and of Labor. As for the rest, the Departments of Health and Human Services and of Housing and Urban Development should be combined to create the Department of Health, Housing, and Human Services. The Department of Homeland Security should be absorbed into the current Department of Defense and the Department of Justice should be absorbed into the Department of the Interior. The Departments of Agriculture and Energy should be combined to create the Department of Energy and Horticulture as we should look for new forms of renewable energy, not because of global warming because it's a load of bs, but because we will eventually run out of fossil fuels. As for the Cabinet-level Departments, scrap the Environmental Protection Agency, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Council of Economic Advisors.
Stay in the Middle East--Do you want to be viewed the same way that Nixon was after pulling out of Vietnam and that the 1st Bush was after pulling out of the Middle East the first time we went there.
Nevertheless, some great ideas.
Head of State: His Royalty Holy Metropolitan Emperor Stephen L
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. Prime Minister John Peter Marcus Luke Matthews

The Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.05

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."-Theodore Roosevelt
“Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.”-Anonymous
“Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule–and both commonly succeed, and are right.”-H. L. Mencken
“Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.”-Oscar Ameringer

Los Lupes
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Some New Conservative Ideas

Postby Los Lupes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Zirconim wrote::rofl: Wow, you guys are jokes!!! You have no idea how a country works! Veblenia, you don't even know the difference between left and right politics! Some of this stuff just can't or shouldn't be done. You are lucky your NSs aren't on the real world cause you guys wouldn't last a day as leaders!

I'm glad you feel so superior, but this is obviously an April fools day joke.

Vox Libertatem
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vox Libertatem » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Vox Libertatem wrote:

Given these fora are successors, even short-lived, to NSG, we don't do In Character. We're all always the Person Behind the Curtain.

But sometimes I enjoy being in character. Especially as half the arguments here are jokes anyway (is this subfora an April Fool's Joke itself?) - so I may as well get in character, as my nation's views are generally similar to but much more extreme then mine - and thus way more fun to argue! :p

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Pythria wrote:
Zirconim wrote:All good except tax, middle east, and un ideas.

Thank you, a rational person. I hate taxes as much as the next person (liberals aren't people), and think they should be lower, but what else is the government supposed to run on? I don't think the goverment should spend so much money on stupid programs like welfare, but tax money is also used for things like roads and libraries. As for the Middle East, are we supposed to just let the terrorists attack us? I could count the terrorist attacks on US soil (or planes) since 9/11 on one hand. The UN, though, I don't care about. We probably shouldn't pull out of that, though, because it would be an international relations nightmare. I also don't agree with the part about ending the CIA. They are necessary.

To sum it up, there is a difference between being a rational conservative and an anarchist.

I prefer sales and especially luxury taxes, they are proportional and at the same time flat for every income level, you are now longer asking people to work for the government as with
income tax, this is the only real way I can see of making taxes a choice. Since one does not have to purchase anything really, though obviously that is only half truth, fact is that, I would rather give the government money because I am buying something, thus paying them for a service, then having my product of my labour ripped from my hands to pay the Noble's coffers for his continued favour towards my existence.
Yes, it will be a bit unpredictable for the budget, but what better way to give the "tax and spenders" reason to butt out, if they can't tell how much money they will make in a year, they will be forced into a position of fiscal conservativeness, waiting until there is suitable treasury amounts to warrant new spending, rather then simply raising income taxes which are predictable and thus give the liberals a predictable model with which to spend.

With luxuries as well, I would consider them no worse then fines, which I already agree are legitimate enterprises of the government. If I buy something that will affect my own health to the point in which I am a burden to the state, should not the state have right to tax me for choosing said product. Likewise when one is buying something that is best kept to lower numbers or owned only by those responsible, like cars, or to a lesser extent firearms (which should best be kept in high numbers)
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

I'll give you a taco if you get off his side. ;)
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

LG nerdy? What an idea! Why, LG is the least nerdy, the manliest, I mean, the mud alone should convince anyone with half a brain of that!

How's that?

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm not nerdy! >:(

LG nerdy? What an idea! Why, LG is the least nerdy, the manliest, I mean, the mud alone should convince anyone with half a brain of that!

How's that?

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm not nerdy! >:(

How's that?

*Seizes tacos - two! - and runs off, chortling*

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Sigh* pulls out clip board and makes a check at the top*

How's that?

*Seizes tacos - two! - and runs off, chortling*

Now that Bargaining has worked, I guess I can skip the Depression and Acceptance stages. :)

Hunter S. Thompson

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Conservative Discussion Zone