NATION

PASSWORD

Joseph McCarthy

APRIL FOOLS 2010 - A place for trustworthy discussion of important topics. Like what to do about those pinko commie hippies!

Joseph McCarthy: Great man?

Yes
70%
Yes
30%

Total votes : 27

ChevyRocks
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Joseph McCarthy

Postby ChevyRocks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:22 pm

Joseph McCarthy is one of the greatest men who kept up the fight against godless pinko communists. Do you agree?

"If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action." - Ludwig von Mises

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:25 pm

Why is it that people on NS only agre with me on April fools day?
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

Toopoxia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Toopoxia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm

This man... Words cannot contextualise how he saved the world... *sheds a manly tear* 1908-1957 RIP brother!

*Manly tears of manliness which burn Commies and Gays on touch*
"People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public."
Adam Smith

Factbooks
Nation Factbook, Military Factbook
Military
Current Military Actions: None
Military Readiness: Peacetime
Diplomacy
Member of: the Corporate Alliance
Observer of: Imperial Fascist Alliance
Other Links
NS World Census2010, NS World Census 2011
RP Examples
What the One Hand Knows (FanT), Traitor to Honour (MT)

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Joseph McCarthy your spirit lives on! The true Americans carry it with them.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Brogavia wrote:Why is it that people on NS only agre with me on April fools day?

I don't recall disagreeing with you that much.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Ract
Envoy

Founded: Jun 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ract » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Someone had to fight the Commies.

Greater Wuzzlefump
Attaché

Founded: May 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Wuzzlefump » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:02 pm

He was a great man, but he is not really needed today. The commies who have taken over our government are there for everyone to see.

Neu Mitanni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Mitanni » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:46 pm

Every time Caliph Obama sneaks another rat-bastard Communist like Van Jones or Anita Dunn into some position in his regime, Joe McCarthy is vindicated.

We not only desperately need MORE Joe McCarthy's, but we need to re-establish the House Un-American Activities Committee and the Senate Internal Security Committee.
Confrontation and Conflagration.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:47 pm

Neu Mitanni wrote:Every time Caliph Obama sneaks another rat-bastard Communist like Van Jones or Anita Dunn into some position in his regime, Joe McCarthy is vindicated.

We not only desperately need MORE Joe McCarthy's, but we need to re-establish the House Un-American Activities Committee and the Senate Internal Security Committee.

Amazingly, this is genuine opinion.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The High Lizzleness
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lizzleness » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 pm

Toopoxia wrote:This man... Words cannot contextualise how he saved the world... *sheds a manly tear* 1908-1957 RIP brother!

*Manly tears of manliness which burn Commies and Gays on touch*

*remains unaffected* Hah!
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

Veblenia
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Veblenia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Brogavia wrote:Why is it that people on NS only agre with me on April fools day?

Sigged.
Political Compass: -6.62, -7.69
"Freedom is a horizon in which we continually re-negotiate the terms of our own subjugation."
- Michel Foucault

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:37 pm

McCarthy kept Jewish, Black, Mexican, Bolshevik Gays in their place. Which if you didn't know is the bottom of the Scoreboard.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 pm

Because you're witty? :unsure:
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tyrrin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:44 pm

What a great, great man. His name will live on forever.

Kiregpanzer
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiregpanzer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:45 pm

Joseph McCarthy: great Senator, or the greatest Senator?
Last edited by Kiregpanzer on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:49 pm

Neu Mitanni wrote:Every time Caliph Obama sneaks another rat-bastard Communist like Van Jones or Anita Dunn into some position in his regime, Joe McCarthy is vindicated.

OH GOD THE FAIL IT HURTS MY BRAIN! AAAGH!
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tyrrin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 am

Allrule wrote:

LIBERAL! Kill the commie! *kicks Allrule to the LDZ*

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:05 am

Allrule wrote:

HE WAS A GREAT SENATOR!

I love April Fool's.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

The Imperial Navy
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Navy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:07 am

I think he makes exceedingly good cakes.

Haalstad
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haalstad » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 am

He was a great man who stopped the Communist Menace from infiltrating the U.S.

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:33 pm

A truly great man, defending us from the Communist, anti-freedom ideals of free speech, free thought, and freedom to assemble.
Truly great.
Not
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Haalstad wrote:He was a great man who stopped the Communist Menace from infiltrating the U.S.

Heh, yeah, right. And fostered an atmosphere of fear so thick that you couldn't get people to sign their names to the Bill of Rights. Well, done, Senator.

The two counts on which the Senate ultimately voted were:

- That McCarthy had "failed to cooperate with the Subcommittee on Rules and Administration," and "repeatedly abused the members who were trying to carry out assigned duties..."
- That McCarthy had charged "three members of the [Watkins] Select Committee with 'deliberate deception' and 'fraud'...that the special Senate session...was a 'lynch party,'" and had characterized the committee "as the 'unwitting handmaiden,' 'involuntary agent' and 'attorneys in fact' of the Communist Party," and had "acted contrary to senatorial ethics and tended to bring the Senate into dishonor and disrepute, to obstruct the constitutional processes of the Senate, and to impair its dignity."[92]

On December 2, 1954, the Senate voted to "condemn" McCarthy on both counts by a vote of 67 to 22.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Badinians
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Badinians » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:05 pm

ChevyRocks wrote:Joseph McCarthy is one of the greatest men who kept up the fight against godless pinko communists. Do you agree?

Now I just came back from vacation and discovered the new system, so if I'm not allowed to say this here you are free to have a mod delete it or you can report it to a mod and I'll deal with it. McCarthy ruined the lives of many, and the most of the "pinko commies" that he and Richard Nixon, "investigated" where African-Americans and Jews, now I'm not denying that maybe some of them where communists, in fact some where, but that does't justify ruining all the people's, who actually weren't commies, lives. That is all I have to say, and like I said, if this is't allowed here you are free to report it. EDIT:
Wait a second, is this a April Fool's post?
Last edited by The Badinians on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All hail the High Advisor, leader of all Badinians!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:12 pm

The Badinians wrote:
ChevyRocks wrote:Joseph McCarthy is one of the greatest men who kept up the fight against godless pinko communists. Do you agree?

Now I just came back from vacation and discovered the new system, so if I'm not allowed to say this here you are free to have a mod delete it or you can report it to a mod and I'll deal with it. McCarthy ruined the lives of many, and the most of the "pinko commies" that he and Richard Nixon, "investigated" where African-Americans and Jews, now I'm not denying that maybe some of them where communists, in fact some where, but that does't justify ruining all the people's, who actually weren't commies, lives. That is all I have to say, and like I said, if this is't allowed here you are free to report it. EDIT:
Wait a second, is this a April Fool's post?

Uh huh. You missed quite a wild day, actually.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

East Klent
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Haalstad wrote:He was a great man who stopped the Communist Menace from infiltrating the U.S.

Heh, yeah, right. And fostered an atmosphere of fear so thick that you couldn't get people to sign their names to the Bill of Rights. Well, done, Senator.

The two counts on which the Senate ultimately voted were:

- That McCarthy had "failed to cooperate with the Subcommittee on Rules and Administration," and "repeatedly abused the members who were trying to carry out assigned duties..."
- That McCarthy had charged "three members of the [Watkins] Select Committee with 'deliberate deception' and 'fraud'...that the special Senate session...was a 'lynch party,'" and had characterized the committee "as the 'unwitting handmaiden,' 'involuntary agent' and 'attorneys in fact' of the Communist Party," and had "acted contrary to senatorial ethics and tended to bring the Senate into dishonor and disrepute, to obstruct the constitutional processes of the Senate, and to impair its dignity."[92]

On December 2, 1954, the Senate voted to "condemn" McCarthy on both counts by a vote of 67 to 22.

That's when the real justice happened.
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project
Defcon:1 2 3 4 (On Alert) 5

TNN: 6/30/15
The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

NEKSE ▲39.63 |NKTSE ▲25.03|GDIE ▲8.45

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Conservative Discussion Zone