NATION

PASSWORD

THE CRISPY CRITTER BAR & GRILL (Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT)

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.
Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

THE CRISPY CRITTER BAR & GRILL (Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT)

Postby Godular » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:09 pm

Kyrusia hasn't been a mod in a while, and while the Ram's Head has been a good thing for a while, it's also kinda fallen off in terms of oversight. To that end, the Ram's head has been nommed by Langoliers, but its legacy will not be forgotten! I shall in point of fact thank Kyrusia for all the formatting and technical matters at the bottom of the post, so let no-one think that I did something without giving credit where credit is due. Speaking of 'due', without further a-due...

(OOC NOTE: The link to the Ram's Head thread is Here, for anyone interested)

Willie-Pete's Emporium of Pyroclastic Fun is a wholly owned subsidiary of Godulan Guns Incorporated, not that Willie-Pete ever listens to corporate directives.
The Future of Chill/Chat Location Threads [FINAL RULING] — Read Before Posting

COME ONE, COME ALL! WELCOME TRAVELERS, TO WILLIE-PETE'S EMPORIUM OF PYROCLASTIC FUN! LIKE ANY SELF-RESPECTING INCENDIARY WEAPONS STOREFRONT, WE ALSO HAVE AN ATTACHED RESTAURANT ESTABLISHMENT, THE CRISPY CRITTER BAR AND GRILL!

Nothing says responsible firearms merchantry like having it close to flammable alcoholic beverages and copious stockpiles of charcoal!

Now, you might be asking: Doesn't 'Pyroclastic' only relate to volcanoes? Well, I'm Willie-Pete, and I'm here to tell you that NO, It does not only relate to volcanoes. Look at the structure of the word. 'Pyro' means 'fire'. 'Clastic' means 'experiencing breakage'. Here at Willie-Pete's Emporium of Pyroclastic Fun, WE BREAK SHIT WITH FIRE. THE ETYMOLOGY IS SOUND. DON'T QUESTION IT.

Here at Willie-Pete's Emporium of Pyroclastic Fun we have all manner of incendiary weapons including a wide variety that violate the laws of physics and more than a few of the almighty! Sodom and Gomorrah gonna look like baby farts compared to the shit I can drop! We've got Napalm in easy-to-use spray bottles! We've got napalm sprinkler systems! We've got knives that inject liquid potassium metal into your bad guy of the hour! We've got Thermobaric Hand Grenades! We've got Thermobaric BULLETS!

People told me: "You can't have thermobaric bullets! There's a size limitation to those kind of explosives! It's basic engineering!" Well, I'm Willie-Pete, and I'm here to tell you FUCK ENGINEERING! NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT I CAN OR CAN'T DO! I TOOK A HUNDRED KILOGRAM THERMOBARIC DEVICE AND I STUFFED THAT FUCKER INTO A FIFTY CAL BULLET WITH NO CHANGE IN THE BULLET'S MASS! The laws of physics apply when I LET THEM. DON'T QUESTION IT.

Now, I'd love to tell you all about my space-based flamethrowers and rubidium kinetic rods, but I am legally required to be OVERJOYED to introduce you to our attached restaurant experience, The Crispy Critter Bar and Grill

Welcome, friends and honored patrons, to the The Crispy Critter Bar And Grill! We are situated out here in the boonies just beyond the vanishing point on the horizon and within a natural crater that we were in no way responsible for. Nope. No sirree! DON'T QUESTION IT. Now you might be asking, how are people supposed to get here if this thing has somehow managed to bend space the way it has? It is specifically BECAUSE of all that space-bendy wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey jiggery-pokery that anybody who WANTS to come here can do so as easily as a quick two-minute walk from wherever they hold their office, while ensuring that none of the local constabulary are capable of establishing any direct connection to this location in the event they wish to 'investigate' us for crimes as small as petit larceny of public bikes to 'accidental' detonation of a nuclear device in somebody's toilet!

It also helps keep noise complaints to a minimum!

That toilet had it coming.

Here on the south-ish wall you'll see our great assortment of roasting animals of all shapes and sizes. Here's a cow, here's a pig, here's an ostrich... they do NOT taste like chicken, by the way. More like turkey, ANYWAY... y'all feel free to cut off strips as you feel inclined, and stuff your face to your stomach's content! We've got a selection of condiments and spices off to the side right here, so you can gussy-up your cremated critter bits however you like! Wanna put nutmeg and cinnamon on steak and mayonnaise on your roast ostrich? TO EACH THEIR OWN, I'M NOT A JUDGEMENTAL PERSON! You can also order dishes directly from our automated kitchen! Anything you want, however you want, in twenty minutes! Exactly twenty minutes. You can synchronize watches with it.

Now, this establishment is presided over by several persons of interest! There is of course yours-truly, Willie-Pete the Pyromantic Purveyor of Pyroclastic Pulverization that you all know and love and if you don't I will find you and CRUS-- give you a nice flowery business-card that may or may not be made of strontium-90. I handle the business on the market floor, but I also moonlight as the piano player! I got magic hands in more ways than one!

Other folks dwelling within this particular branch of paradise are Kal the Gardener, Kaz the Cat Cafe Proprietor, Ilia the Ice Lady, Zodiac and Antares the Bartenders, and the lady in the basement! DO NOT ASK ABOUT THE LADY IN THE BASEMENT. We're all here to ensure that your venture within these walls will be the most memorable of experiences!

Now over on the North-ish side, directly opposite the open flames for *PFF* SAFETY REASONS, you can find the bar! It is stocked with LITERALLY EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN THINK OF and a great variety of things that you can't! How does that fit into a single wall, you ask? WIBBLY. WOBBLY. TIMEY. WIMEY. JIGGERY. POKERY. And before you ask, that is going to be the answer to a LOT of things you see in this establishment. Zodiac and Antares are QUITE knowledgeable on the topic of mixing drinks and are familiar with any combination you can think of and a wide variety of things you can't! Feel free to challenge them!

Behind that is the door to the basement that nobody can get open because they wind up teleported into a dumpster in Seattle for some reason. Strangest thing. Big Mystery. Jazz hands! DON'T QUESTION IT.

To the west-ish is the door we just came through that leads to the Showroom floor. On the East side we have the piano, the jukebox, the door to the cat cafe, and the stairs leading to the garden and the ice cream parlor. You'll find Kaz in the cat cafe, Kal in the Garden, and Ilia in the Ice Cream Parlor! You can find any flavor that you can think of in the Ice Cream Parlor, and a wide variety of... I'm sure you get the idea. There's plenty of seating, there's pool tables, slot machines, and card tables all around if that's your schtick. If you want booze, bombs, or a pint of rocky road, y'all done come to the right place!

Come right on in; all are welcome!

Locations

• The Crispy Critter Bar and Grill
    The Bar and Grill is the main focus of customer traffic that isn't specifically looking to set worlds on fire, and as I mentioned before it's got games, gambling, and grills. Everybody here knows your name, not least because the instant you walk in there is a holographic nametag that pops over your head. It does not contribute lighting of its own accord, but it is obvious to even the most oblivious of persons! Door to the showroom floor there, door to the cat cafe there, door to the BASEMENT THAT NOBODY SHOULD TOUCH there, and stairs up to the garden and the ice cream over that way. The game tables are staffed by automated robots who are specialized in ensuring the games progress in an honest manner. Do not try to cheat them. Dumpster. Krakow. The piano's over yonder and you can occasionally find me plinking away at the keys. The jukebox can play whatever you want, though for some reason people keep choosing Freebird and that song now haunts my dreams...
  • The Cat Cafe
    A place for folks who REALLY just want to get away from it all, the Cat Cafe is home to innumerable feline companions who want nothing more than to take a nap on your lap and get a good ear-scritching. They are guaranteed to make you feel as if all your problems have washed away within five minutes or your money back! Heh heh, it's a joke because it's free. These cats never need to eat (though they will readily come and devour any treat that you might present to them), drink, or shed, and will not set off your allergies IN ANY WAY. Kaz wrangles the little darlings with remarkable skill and can even make them dance if you want a show that will be so adorable your eardrums will rupture from the magnitude of the squee-ing you will experience. Please do not attempt to abuse the cats. Folks who do strangely wake up in a dumpster in Milwaukee. It's very specific. Milwaukee.
  • The Garden
    Just up the stairs, one can pass through the first door and find themselves in an enormous garden that is your go-to place for quiet contemplation and meditation! Kal the gardener offers an enormous selection of herbal teas that may or may not contain psychogenic substances but only if you ask for them. There's flowers, trees, a fountain, all the assorted meditative garden accoutrements, and even a hedge maze! You might ask how we can fit a hedge maze into an upstairs garden! I think you can predict the answer. Hint, it begins with 'Wibbly'. You will also find that sound is dampened so that two people fifteen feet away from each other could scream at the top of their lungs and neither would hear the other! If you just want the sound of a babbling brook, or to concentrate wholly on the little rock garden with no disruptions whatsoever, this is your place to be!
  • The Ice Cream Parlor
    Did you know that in some realities, there was a time called 'Prohibition' in which alcoholic drinks were banned? Did you also know that during that time, ICE CREAM filled the void in the hearts of those who could no longer afford to get their brains roflstomped by the devil's juice? Well, if Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, or any other kind of frozen confectionery is your thing, then this is your slice of heaven! Ilia the Ice Lady handles this most esteemed den of sub-zero delights. Don't mind her blue skin, that's not frostbite, it's just how she is. She's very matter of fact. Tell her what you want, and you will have what you want within the span of thirty seconds. No fuss, no muss, sit down and enjoy your stuff. Feel free to look out the window at the desert landscape that seemingly occupies the same space as the garden. Do not try to climb through the windows. Dumpster. Mumbasa. You get the idea.
  • The Showroom Floor
    You want to buy some things that make other things explode in fiery glory? OF COURSE YOU DO! Down on the showroom floor, you can find anything you want if you know the name, and I'll be happy to help expand your knowledge of the options we provide! Do you want intercontinental flamethrowers? Do you want flammenwafflewurfers (They throw flaming waffles at people!)? Do you want thermobaric bullets that can fit in any kind of firearm you can name? WE GOT ALL THAT SHIT. I MADE SURE OF IT. We've got a firing range with ALL POSSIBLE RANGES. And I do mean ALL POSSIBLE. Wibbly. We offer any number of pricing options and generous financing for any budget! If I'm not here, I'm at the piano in the bar! Please don't bring showroom items into the bar. Dumpster. Khartoum.

Non-Player Characters

• Zodiac and AntaresBartenders of the Crispy Critter
    Zodiac is a short and lanky gentleman with a sour expression. Don't worry about him, his mother told him to be careful or his face would freeze that way and damned if she wasn't right. Antares is a seven foot tall bear of a man with a jovial grin on his face even in dire emergencies. Zodiac isn't particularly chatty, but Antares MORE than makes up the difference! Players may roleplay the bartenders at their job.
  • Willie-PetePianist and Occasional Vocalist
    'Tis I! Yours truly! When I'm not making sales, I plink at the keys and sing along with any song the verse can conjure up! I have access to a limitless repertoire of songs, and can even sing it in native languages if that is your wish! You can of course easily spot me in my red-and-white pinstripes and bright red hat! I don't do no stealth shit. Players may roleplay Willie-Pete at the piano.
  • Kal'Shazzar / KalThe Gardener / Tea Shop Proprietor
    He goes by 'Kal' because nobody can seem to get the apostrophe right when pronouncing his full name. You can find him in the garden at all hours of the day, fiddling about with the various plants and devising new herbal concoctions with a focus that might seem creepy at first glance and only gets worse the more you pay attention! Ask him what you want and he'll get it for ya! Tall guy, pinstripes. Surprised he doesn't wear an apron, but to each their own!Players may roleplay Kal at his job.
  • Kaz'Ramael / KazCat Cafe Proprietor
    He doesn't talk much, and when he does it sounds like a knife on a grindstone. This doesn't faze the cats AT ALL. He can set you up in a comfy chair with a nice cup of coffee however you like it, a selection of somehow-freshly-made pastries, and any kinds of kitty treats you care to employ. The kitties are soft and cuddly. Would you like to pet them? This one is named Mewspelheim. That one is named Armeowgeddon. There's Ragpurrok, Apawcalypse, blah blah blah yes they all relate to the end of the world for some reason DON'T QUESTION IT. He never seems to look the same to any two people. Players may roleplay Kaz at his job.
  • Ilia'Tyr'Nuruodo / IliaThe Ice (cream) Lady
    The strange thing about the ice cream parlor is that there is no door between the main diner and the storage where the bajillions of different types of ice cream can be found, but this statuesque blue-skinned femme-fatale will still get you exactly what you ask for within the span of a minute, nonetheless. Players may roleplay Ilia at her job.
  • The Lady in the BasementBasement-Dwelling Lady
    WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE LADY IN THE BASEMENT. HER WILL IS IRON AND HER CONTROL IS ABSOLUTE. SHE MONITORS THE CHANNEL. FEAR NOT THE PRESSURE IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND. IT IS WHERE ALL OF YOUR WORRIES GO TO DIE. IT IS THERE TO HELP YOU. WELCOME IT. LET IT IN. LET IT EMBRACE YOU IN WARMTH AND PEACE.
    Any official edicts will ostensibly come from the lady in the basement.

Things to Remember

• The Rules apply, as ever. Violate them at your own risk. Be sure to read the announcement linked at the top of this thread for further information.

• This is the only accepted chill/chat location thread in Forum 7. Final Ruling. Please read.

• If a Moderator tells you to leave the thread, you leave the thread. If you are told to leave, that does not mean you are permitted to make your own C/CLT; it means you chose to spoil your opportunity in being involved in C/CLTs up until the point the Moderation Team decides to allow them to be created again - if the Moderation Team decides such.

• Any content which violates the PG-13/Offensive Material Rules is forbidden and will result in punitive actions. Depending on the severity of the infraction, combined with the player's history, this can range from a splitting-out of the content and a warning, to the Moderation Team opening-up a discussion on whether or not the player should be dis-invited from NationStates. Keep things family-friendly; a little flirting, hugging, etc. here and there is fine. Go over-board with it at your own risk. This is not a "hook-up thread."

• This is not your personal blog, echo chamber, or the place to field your drama. If the thread begins to devolve into a mud-slinging fight or a place where everyone decides to air their dirty laundry, the involved players may be removed from the thread. Leave your cliques, accusations, drama, and similar at the door; they will not be accepted here.

• While the purpose of this thread is for players to demonstrate they can coalesce as a community and engage in a degree of community policing, do not cross the line into impersonating a Moderator or attempting to use Moderators as a weapon. Politely remind someone of the rules and the nature of the thread; if unacceptable behavior continues, report it.

• Even so, keep things in context: this is a chill/chat location thread, so some degree of rapid-fire posting is expected. If it's not something egregious, leave it be. Players don't need to report every tiny bit of snark as baiting; a simple polite, "I don't appreciate that; would you mind not doing such in the future," should be enough. If it continues, report it.

• Setting Specific Rules: No, you cannot invade. No, you cannot use NPCs as punching bags; they're there to be utilized to help move the story along and players can use them for their intended purposes (playing music, serving drinks, dealing cards, etc.). No, your character does not have to be Western-themed; you can play with an alien, a cyborg, or any other character you can think of (that adheres to the rules).

Further, there is to be no godmodding; this means no declaring/presuming/dictating the actions of another player's character without their consent. This includes killing their characters. Player consent is required and cooperation is strongly encouraged; if you want to get into a fight with another character, approach things sensibly. That being said, dictating the actions of the above-posted saloon employees is not only accepted, but encouraged. Feel free to portray them within their roles, providing you drinks, etc.

Lastly, please make a point to differentiate In-Character posting from Out-of-Character posting. It is understandable that there may be more OOC in this thread, given its nature; just make the differences apparent. Further, keep OOC posting from becoming needlessly excessive; a one-two, "Hi," "Howdy," is one thing. Carrying on a tangential conversation is another; take it to telegrams. An exception shall be made for discussions directly pertinent to the thread. See here for details.

• Remember to have fun and enjoy the time spent here.
Original Post
Out-of-Character: Just to note...

The Moderation Team, on the part of both initiating the initial moratorium and the subsequent choice to employ a Mod-sanctioned thread, reviewed a wide array of segments of this community. We reviewed the initial discussion thread opened around the time the original 3-month moratorium was executed. We reviewed, essentially, all indications that were available.

The fact of the matter is, while the Moderation Team is observing this and at least one is taking an active (and visible) role in steering somewhat, and while some Mentors have volunteered to assist and participate, the onus is on the players whom enjoy these communities, as a whole. Let me restate that:

The onus on demonstrating to the Moderation Team that those who frequent chill and chat location threads are willing to abide by the rules, report those whom violate them, and express a degree of self-policing, are the actual players who frequent these threads. That means all players, not just one particular clique, brand, or group of friends who enjoy a particular kind of C/CLT over another. If you enjoy "This Place Here" versus "That Place There," that's fine; players have their own preferences and enjoy playing with their friends and associates. We understand that - we really do. Voluntary association is the backbone of roleplaying on NationStates.

That being said, simply withdrawing and refusing to recognize that there have been entrenched problems with chill and chat location threads in general, and instead trying to focus only on a player's personal segment of it, will do nothing but ensure that nothing is done to correct these problems. It will, ultimately, only ensure that when the time comes for the Moderation Team to review whether re-opening C/CLTs to the F7 community-at-large is a good idea, we are likely to lean one way rather than another.

There are Mentors here to assist you. They are willing. Some have been posting since moments after this thread opened. Utilize them, but understand the onus is on this community, not the Mentors, to ensure the future of this style of thread. That means coming together, despite your (collective "you") differences, as a community. That means being willing to cooperate with players that you wouldn't normally jump to assisting.

This is a community-driven, team effort. No one person is going to be able to ensure the future of these threads. It will take everyone.

Final Ruling on Chill/Chat Location Threads
Kyrusia wrote:On December 27, 2016, the NS Moderation Team extended the moratorium on chill/chat location threads until September of this year, stating that a discussion would be had as to their fate. Following a lengthy discussion spanning several months, we have come to a final decision regarding C/CLTs in Forum 7.

During this moratorium, we have only ever seen minimal community involvement, usually surrounding our self-imposed deadlines; self-policing has been minimal and reporting has been hit-or-miss, with several threads being created throughout this time specifically to violate this moratorium being indulged until discovered by a Moderator on patrol. Furthermore, we have come to believe that the worst offenders have either taken their actionable content offsite, have chosen to attempt to hide it in other thread styles (specifically certain "Above Nation" thread types), or have chosen to hide it within telegrams - something that is still unacceptable, but there is very little we can do unless it is reported.

Conversely, due to the Moderator-run chill/chat location thread, we have overall seen actionable content surrounding C/CLTs diminish. This is a positive outcome, and is ultimately why we have chosen to rule as we have. Even so, we do not have much in the way of confidence that were the moratorium to be rescinded that actionable behavior would not quickly return; it returned following the first moratorium, and there is very little indication this will not happen again provided time and distance from the moratorium itself.

As such, the following is considered our final ruling on chill/chat location threads in F7:

• Chill/chat location threads are now explicitly prohibited.
  • The only exception shall be the "Ram's Head Saloon," which shall henceforth be the only permissible C/CLT in F7.
Players that wish to participate in C/CLT-like threads on the forums are welcome in the Ram's Head. Any C/CLTs opened elsewhere will be locked, with the creators facing penalties - warnings, bans, or more severe actions. We do not see this ruling changing for the foreseeable future.

— NS Moderation Team
Last edited by Godular on Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Thal Dorthat
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thal Dorthat » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:36 pm

Dothyat Reera, a not-so-famous West Canadian independence movement advocate walks into the bar and grill. He sits at the bar and orders a drink.

"Crispy Critter Bar and Grill, eh? Seems like an interesting place. Well, Mr. Bartenders, I'll start with some Champagne. Feel like celebrating tonight."

"What are you celebrating? An anniversary?" Antares asked, with a huge, cheerful grin on his face as always.

"Well, you see, it's the 32nd day since my brother's dog's mom's owner's lawyer's crab's turned one-and-a-half. Oh, and it's my lawyer's great uncle's 3-and-sixteenth year anniversary."

"That's certainly a celebration you got there..." said Antares, trying to calculate when Mr. Reera's brother's dog's mom's owner's lawyer's crab's and lawyer's great uncle's respective birthdays and Anniversaries were.

"You have an automated kitchen here here, too, right? Well, I guess I'll have a buffalo burger with Kangaroo, cinnamon-flavoured gouda cheese, and Worchestershure... Worchester? Worsestersireshuresire... whatever sauce-flavoured armadillo! on it."

"Can't you just go over there yourself?" asked Mr. Zodiac.

"Fine."

Dothyat walked over there.

"Umm, automated Kitchen thingamajigger, I'll have a buffalo burger with Kangaroo, cinnamon-flavoured gouda cheese, and Worchestershure sauce-flavored armadillo on it."

"Coming up in twenty minutes."

Dothyat sat back down on his barstool.

"Your champagne is here, sir," said Antares.

Dothyat grabbed his champagne and drank it. While he sipped from the glass, a man in a dark suit came up to him...
Last edited by Thal Dorthat on Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THAL DORTHAT

Check out ConlangFest!
Grand Master of The Crimson Crusaders, assassin of the Brotherhood of Malice, and intercessor & cavailer of Astoria and the Astorian Radiant Cavalry.
Defenders say they are "still here." Despite this, I have only seen defenders under my microscope.
Anti-Monarchy, Social Democratic, and Astronomy Lover. Enjoys Star Trek.
Currently changing lore, check back soon.

Soumilslandia and Basustandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 23, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Soumilslandia and Basustandia » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:05 pm

Soumil Basu, sits down at the bar. He then orders a Pepsi. He then shouts "Hey, what happened to Ram's Head Saloon?". Eventually he reveals himself as the president of the United States of Soumilslandia and Basustandia while waiting for his Pepsi. He then waits for his order.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:13 pm

Soumilslandia and Basustandia wrote:Soumil Basu, sits down at the bar. He then orders a Pepsi. He then shouts "Hey, what happened to Ram's Head Saloon?". Eventually he reveals himself as the president of the United States of Soumilslandia and Basustandia while waiting for his Pepsi. He then waits for his order.

Antares hands him the drink with his usual smile. It is just cold enough to avoid freezing and exploding, while being likely the most refreshing Pepsi one has ever sampled.

"To quote the gentleman in the gunshop: Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Jiggery-Pokery."
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Liberza
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liberza » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:51 pm

Lib sits down at the Cat Cafe, knowing to follow the rules, because the last place he wants to end up is Milwaukee of all places…but he chooses to think about nicer things! For example, the St. Louis Blues won their last game, and he was in a cafe filled with cats. He was a dog person personally, but he didn’t mind a calmer furry fellow.

He wasn’t necessarily there for the sake of a refreshing drink but he just was looking for a place to relax; although it wasn’t exactly tough work as an officer to keep the peace at his home region, nor necessarily to keep everyone entertained in one way or another, sometimes it could get rather noisy. And what better way than to hang out in a small, cozy cafe like this, filled with kittens?

An older feline leaps onto his lap, startling him for a moment before he allows it to sit on his lap. It’s a black cat, but that doesn’t mean to him any bad luck—on the contrary, it reminds him of his late cat, Crashy, who was even older than he was before he had passed.

No! No. Think…happy thoughts.

Lib turned to Kaz, the Cat Cafe proprietor.

“Excuse me, sir. What’s this one’s name? If you, er, don’t mind me asking.”
Last edited by Liberza on Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberza is a bicameral parliamentary, monarchist nation set in Germany, currently led by democratic socialist Malik Simoneit. The year is 2096. EST. 1949.
hi im a dumbass and i like doing dumbass things, wanna talk about sports?
Live free or die
World Map, World History

/reserved DEFINITION:
To reserve a post as to prevent being ninja’d. This is especially useful for having posts that may take effort or a good portion of time to make, as there is a greater chance of such things being ninja’d than a slash and a word. Only practical in some threads compared to others. The idea is to put /reserved first and edit it once you have a proper answer. As such, you are not ninja’d. BN will do you as long as you eventually edit your /reserved into a proper post.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:01 pm

Liberza wrote:Lib sits down at the Cat Cafe, knowing to follow the rules, because the last place he wants to end up is Milwaukee of all places…but he chooses to think about nicer things! For example, the St. Louis Blues won their last game, and he was in a cafe filled with cats. He was a dog person personally, but he didn’t mind a calmer furry fellow.

He wasn’t necessarily there for the sake of a refreshing drink but he just was looking for a place to relax; although it wasn’t exactly tough work as an officer to keep the peace at his home region, nor necessarily to keep everyone entertained in one way or another, sometimes it could get rather noisy. And what better way than to hang out in a small, cozy cafe like this, filled with kittens?

An older feline leaps onto his lap, startling him for a moment before he allows it to sit on his lap. It’s a black cat, but that doesn’t mean to him any bad luck—on the contrary, it reminds him of his late cat, Crashy, who was even older than he was before he had passed.

No! No. Think…happy thoughts.

Lib turned to Kaz, the Cat Cafe proprietor.

“Excuse me, sir. What’s this one’s name? If you, er, don’t mind me asking.”

At this point in time, Kaz was in the process of restocking various forms of coffee, but he turned and regarded the cat in question with squinted eyes. When he spoke, it was like a thousand blades being sharpened, but none of the cats paid it any mind.

"I do believe that one is Meowgiddo. 'Tis a reference to a mountain area that looked over a large number of battles, making Tel Megiddo the root of the word 'Armageddon'. She prefers chin rubs."
New to F7? Click here!

Liberza
Envoy

Postby Liberza » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:10 pm

Godular wrote:At this point in time, Kaz was in the process of restocking various forms of coffee, but he turned and regarded the cat in question with squinted eyes. When he spoke, it was like a thousand blades being sharpened, but none of the cats paid it any mind.

"I do believe that one is Meowgiddo. 'Tis a reference to a mountain area that looked over a large number of battles, making Tel Megiddo the root of the word 'Armageddon'. She prefers chin rubs."

“Huh. Okay. Thank you,” Lib nodded.

He looked back at Meowgiddo, heeding her preference of chin rubs, and gradually reaching his pale hand out. She looked at his hand without much alert, like most cats here—calmly— and Lib softly rubbed her small furry chin. It appeared as though she had smiled.

He smiled himself for a short moment. He did own his own cats before, including the aforementioned “Crashy” but also “Sammy”, but both had passed years before. He did miss them, truly, so he felt a few memories flood back.
Liberza is a bicameral parliamentary, monarchist nation set in Germany, currently led by democratic socialist Malik Simoneit. The year is 2096. EST. 1949.
Live free or die
World Map, World History

/reserved DEFINITION:
To reserve a post as to prevent being ninja’d. This is especially useful for having posts that may take effort or a good portion of time to make, as there is a greater chance of such things being ninja’d than a slash and a word. Only practical in some threads compared to others. The idea is to put /reserved first and edit it once you have a proper answer. As such, you are not ninja’d. BN will do you as long as you eventually edit your /reserved into a proper post.

New Anarchisticstan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Anarchisticstan » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:44 am

Anarchi sits down at the cat cafe and is swarmed with felines. Then, she turns to Kaz.
"What beverages do you sell over here, sir?".
Awaiting a response, she sits motionless and thinks:
Can these cats really dance?
About Me

6 August. Living in the hellhole known as United Kingdom. Trying to get out. Just a lil bit silly :3
Music and maths are both things I like. Animals too. Cats are so adorable!!!
Author of issue #1568, ex Culture Officer of TRR, and ultra cosmopolitan.

Unclear
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 15, 2023
Capitalizt

Postby Unclear » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:50 am

Rick sits down at the bar and says "I would like a whisky, because i am just in the mood for a whisky right now." He reveals himself to be Rick Jones, the brother of the Vice President of Unclear, Leanne Jones.

He says "This seems like a interesting place to hang out at in my free time."
The Rooster Cogburn Of Unclear
Anti embassy imperialist, Anti defamation, Knight In Astoria, Governor Of Gunsmoke Region, Commander In Chief Of The Grand Gunsmoke Cavalry
I still reserve the right to /stillme anyone who is a defamer, selanophobe, embassy imperialist, or fascist
Don't Stop For Nothing
How much thrash could thrash if thrash the heck of thrash thrash the heck out of thrash.
You can get to level 22 in Fallout New Vegas in less than or around 24 hours total play time (trust me, i did)

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:09 am

New Anarchisticstan wrote:Anarchi sits down at the cat cafe and is swarmed with felines. Then, she turns to Kaz.
"What beverages do you sell over here, sir?".
Awaiting a response, she sits motionless and thinks:
Can these cats really dance?

"Coffee!" Kaz replies with a slight jump. "Any kind you like, any way you like! I also offer typical coffee-shop food items such as muffins, cookies, and other pastries! There's a little menu panel that's built into the arm of every chair, though it looks more like a search engine than anything else. We have... an absurdly large repertoire."

Unclear wrote:Rick sits down at the bar and says "I would like a whisky, because i am just in the mood for a whisky right now." He reveals himself to be Rick Jones, the brother of the Vice President of Unclear, Leanne Jones.

He says "This seems like a interesting place to hang out at in my free time."

Within moments, despite the vague order, a glass of the exact kind of whiskey being asked for slides to a stop in front of Rick. Off to the side Zodiac can be seen momentarily pumping a fist in satisfaction at his good aim, before reverting to his standard-issue grumpy expression.

(OOC: Remember, y'all can RP folks as needed)
Last edited by Godular on Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Rusexico
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2023
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusexico » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:44 pm

Katya awakes and finds herself seated in the strange dining establishment. The Czarina has no recollection of where she is or how she got here. But the food looks and smells really good and she is getting hungry, so she decides to stay for lunch. She calls out to get the attention of one of the staff.

"Hey, you got any spaghetti and meatballs here? I'll have that for myself and a vodka for my friend."

The friend she refers to is a tall blonde sitting beside her. Elsa Von Blankendorf, the Czarina's personal bodyguard; somehow she has also ended up in the same bar. Meanwhile at the piano, the brightly dressed pianist seems to know who Katya is, and starts to play and sing the Russian imperial anthem "God Save the Czar."

"Oh wow you know my anthem, that's great! What else can you play?"
Roleplaying as the Czardom of Russia.

All Hail the Czarina, Ekaterina III

NOW PLAYING: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=544584

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:42 pm

Willie-Pete looked at them through the little mirror just over the piano, his eyes just a tiny bit wild. "Anything! Everything! You'll get that a lot around here. I can do all manner of songs in all manner of languages! Salesman gotta know the lingo no matter the client, ya know!"

Where once little had been on the table at which the Czarina and her bodyguard were seated, now two glasses of vodka rested, glass fogging with the chill. A casual glance to the bar could find Zodiac washing glasses while whistling innocently.

"It'll be a little bit before the food comes out," Willie-Pete said, before launching into another patriotic Russian tune. "Twenty minutes. No matter what. Want some fries? Twenty minutes. Want a spit-roasted triceratops? Twenty minutes. Those DO taste like chicken, by the way."
New to F7? Click here!

Ostalgieland
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostalgieland » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:44 pm

*brings sign* Hi, I would like some peppers
The sign: BRING BACK C/CLT’S!
Ostalgieland
I used to be an ipad kid, ask me anything.
anyways, i use she/her, i am bisexual, communist(authleft), big fan of left unity, also check out my alt Aihoshistan!
If i start a thread, please do not start a bar fight
The player who formerly controlled those nations had a large issue with following the rules about one WA nation only. As a result, they lost all their nations.

You really haven't grasped the idea of "knock it off," have you?
1 day ban for persistent spam around the same topic.The rules are still here for you to read through whenever you get the chance, but preferably you'd do it now.

The thread OP is DEAT as pure troll.

United Calanworie
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby United Calanworie » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:49 pm

Ostalgieland wrote:*brings sign* Hi, I would like some peppers
The sign: BRING BACK C/CLT’S!

Absolutely not. We prior addressed this in 2017, and have no plans of revisiting our decision on the matter. When we said final ruling, we did in fact mean final. To quote the past ruling:
Kyrusia wrote:During this moratorium, we have only ever seen minimal community involvement, usually surrounding our self-imposed deadlines; self-policing has been minimal and reporting has been hit-or-miss, with several threads being created throughout this time specifically to violate this moratorium being indulged until discovered by a Moderator on patrol. Furthermore, we have come to believe that the worst offenders have either taken their actionable content offsite, have chosen to attempt to hide it in other thread styles (specifically certain "Above Nation" thread types), or have chosen to hide it within telegrams - something that is still unacceptable, but there is very little we can do unless it is reported.

Conversely, due to the Moderator-run chill/chat location thread, we have overall seen actionable content surrounding C/CLTs diminish. This is a positive outcome, and is ultimately why we have chosen to rule as we have. Even so, we do not have much in the way of confidence that were the moratorium to be rescinded that actionable behavior would not quickly return; it returned following the first moratorium, and there is very little indication this will not happen again provided time and distance from the moratorium itself.

The Rams Head Saloon provided a reasonable mechanism for participation, and was infrequently used, only accruing 333 pages over nearly five years. This suggests that the involvement with those types of threads was primarily rulebreaking in nature, and with moderator oversight, it went away. With that in mind, we have no interest in restoring an environment permitting that sort of behavior.

-- United Calanworie
Technical Moderator

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:53 pm

A crack of displaced air erupted near the bar, and where once the protester once stood, only a smoldering piece of cardboard remained.

"Ah! Dumpster in Mumbai! What did the sign say?"

Antares thought for a moment. "It was replaced the instant they walked in the door. I believe it was turned into some sort of picture using old text symbols?"

"Oh? Which one?"

"I believe it was... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

"I... didn't know there was a way to pronounce that."
Last edited by Godular on Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Liberza
Envoy

Postby Liberza » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:59 am

“Down to Milwaukee she goes,” Lib shrugged, before perking up again staring off. “or up? Does anyone really know where this place is?”
Live free or die
World Map, World History

/reserved DEFINITION:

Ostalgieland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostalgieland » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:15 am

Godular wrote:A crack of displaced air erupted near the bar, and where once the protester once stood, only a smoldering piece of cardboard remained.

"Ah! Dumpster in Mumbai! What did the sign say?"

Antares thought for a moment. "It was replaced the instant they walked in the door. I believe it was turned into some sort of picture using old text symbols?"

"Oh? Which one?"

"I believe it was... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

"I... didn't know there was a way to pronounce that."

A cop says “It said ‘Bring back C/CLT’s’, whatever that is”
Ostalgieland
anyways, i use she/her, i am bisexual, communist(authleft), big fan of left unity, also check out my alt Aihoshistan!
The player who formerly controlled those nations had a large issue with following the rules about one WA nation only. As a result, they lost all their nations.

1 day ban for persistent spam around the same topic.The rules are still here for you to read through whenever you get the chance, but preferably you'd do it now.

Beliras
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 29, 2021

Postby Beliras » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:14 am

A sentient yellow 2000s minivan drives near the bar, and is mad to see that there isn't a garage door for fellow sentient vehicles to enter. He honks and shouts "Hey, I need to enter! Where's the wide door?"
Last edited by Beliras on Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
may I tell you to GTFO, ripple haters, it just looks realistic
I don't need no one-liner too
My location is OOC, just saying.
I reserve the right to /stillanyone
Sugendoa (Former)
Goikiva, aka Goiky
MV Feature Cruise (feature puppet)
Urine Town wrote:I know I shouldn’t double post, but yes, I was [swear word detected] ADDICTED to that show when I was 11-12
Great Kerguelen Islands wrote:like the level 1 of the the
"/[000]Oo)==={I}===(oO[000]\" - BELIRAS
Some IC info (take a look pls).
just a normal class 1.8 civ
Beliras's status: Offline (May be outdated) - Only reply to me.
PEACE FORUKRAINE, RUSSIA, ISRAEL AND PALESTINE!

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:30 am

Beliras wrote:A sentient yellow 2000s minivan drives near the bar, and is mad to see that there isn't a garage door for fellow sentient vehicles to enter. He honks and shouts "Hey, I need to enter! Where's the wide door?"

A voice chimes in on the van’s radio: “Hi! I’m Willie-Pete, and I’m here to tell you… the door’s fine! It uses conditional hyperbolic space, so while it might look small to you, when you try to pass through, it turns into a gateway approximately the same size as the Arc de Triomphe! Same with all doorways here. And yes, there is ALWAYS room in here.”
New to F7? Click here!

Beliras
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 29, 2021

Postby Beliras » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:31 am

Godular wrote:
Beliras wrote:A sentient yellow 2000s minivan drives near the bar, and is mad to see that there isn't a garage door for fellow sentient vehicles to enter. He honks and shouts "Hey, I need to enter! Where's the wide door?"

A voice chimes in on the van’s radio: “Hi! I’m Willie-Pete, and I’m here to tell you… the door’s fine! It uses conditional hyperbolic space, so while it might look small to you, when you try to pass through, it turns into a gateway approximately the same size as the Arc de Triomphe! Same with all doorways here. And yes, there is ALWAYS room in here.”

"Oh. So, I'm guessing I just enter the door and it just enlarges?" The minivan replies. He then takes the advice, passes in, and suddenly, the door transforms into an automatic garage door. He then says "Wow, that's some tech right here!" He then proceeds to enter the bar.
Last edited by Beliras on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
may I tell you to GTFO, ripple haters, it just looks realistic
I don't need no one-liner too
My location is OOC, just saying.
I reserve the right to /stillanyone
Sugendoa (Former)
Goikiva, aka Goiky
MV Feature Cruise (feature puppet)
Urine Town wrote:I know I shouldn’t double post, but yes, I was [swear word detected] ADDICTED to that show when I was 11-12
Great Kerguelen Islands wrote:like the level 1 of the the
"/[000]Oo)==={I}===(oO[000]\" - BELIRAS
Some IC info (take a look pls).
just a normal class 1.8 civ
Beliras's status: Offline (May be outdated) - Only reply to me.
PEACE FORUKRAINE, RUSSIA, ISRAEL AND PALESTINE!

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:51 am

Beliras wrote:
Godular wrote:

"Oh. So, I'm guessing I just enter the door and it just enlarges?" The minivan replies. He then takes the advice, passes in, and suddenly, the door transforms into an automatic garage door. He then says "Wow, that's some tech right here!" He then proceeds to enter the bar.

“Howdy!” Willie-Pete calls from the piano. “We knew we’d need it when we learned there was a World Assembly representative that was a sentient VW Beetle. That’s our WA representative at the bar, by the way.”

Zodiac waves, returning to his typical sullen demeanor.
New to F7? Click here!

Rusexico
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2023
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusexico » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:07 am

Godular wrote:Willie-Pete looked at them through the little mirror just over the piano, his eyes just a tiny bit wild. "Anything! Everything! You'll get that a lot around here. I can do all manner of songs in all manner of languages! Salesman gotta know the lingo no matter the client, ya know!"

Where once little had been on the table at which the Czarina and her bodyguard were seated, now two glasses of vodka rested, glass fogging with the chill. A casual glance to the bar could find Zodiac washing glasses while whistling innocently.

"It'll be a little bit before the food comes out," Willie-Pete said, before launching into another patriotic Russian tune. "Twenty minutes. No matter what. Want some fries? Twenty minutes. Want a spit-roasted triceratops? Twenty minutes. Those DO taste like chicken, by the way."

"Wow it seems you can order anything here. But I thought dinosaurs died very long ago. Where did you get your supply? And what about mythical creatures like yetis, unicorns, and Loch Ness monsters? Do you serve those too? I'd love to take one home to cook up."
Roleplaying as the Czardom of Russia.

All Hail the Czarina, Ekaterina III

NOW PLAYING: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=544584

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:34 am

Willie-Pete started running through some Tchaikovsky as he replied.

“Well, it might surprise you to know that universes where the dinosaurs went extinct are the exception, not the rule. We can find dinosaurs in many of our source locations. So we can do plesiosaurs like Nessie quite easily. As for certain other cryptids, we can tend to find non-sapient varieties pretty quick. Unicorns present a unique challenge though: they can only be handled by virgins, which precludes all of our staff… and many of our robots, oddly. Not ALL of our robots, though, but the issue keeps up after the meat is prepared!”

He looked over at the Czarina. “So, you’re welcome to order it, but it does require us to ask… personal questions. And no, we do not sell live creatures as pets. It would raise… suspicion.”
New to F7? Click here!

Ostalgieland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostalgieland » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:50 pm

A woman named Stacy comes in and says “One beer please, also look at this stupid troll on the SFC forums!”
Ostalgieland

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:01 am

Antares provided the requested beer, a relatively common Bavarian, and smiled. “There are six-hundred-and-fifty-million-ish things that the letters SFC could relate to, with which we are familiar. Can you be more specific? It would be difficult for us to appreciate whether something is funny or interesting without proper context.”

Zodiac started speaking almost immediately after Antares finished: “The punchline is useless without the setup.”
New to F7? Click here!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7