NATION

PASSWORD

Your Reaction to AN's News (III)

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Colligny
Civilian

Founded: Jul 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Colligny » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:14 am

Frisia Magna wrote:"It could, but the true question is, should it? Industrial Revolution-era steam was reliant, to a ridiculous degree, on coal. Do you seriously want to start mining and burning coal now that everyone and their mother has already stopped using the much less destructive oil too?"
Fredrijk of Thorpe, Citizen in Aemstell
sig

"Wow. Another country falls to Communism, It's Depressing. Communism is an Evil upon this world."
-President Pierre Guilson
The Republic of Colligny is A French-Majority Conservative Calvinist Huguenot Nation that Owns Most of French Louisiana.
|President: Pierre Guilson (Yes, He's dead now, My nation is set in the 19th Century)| What Year is it?: 1833|
News:After the Colignian Declaration of war on Mexico, the Colignian army has began Pushing into mexico via Acadiana, to get more land inbetween the capital of New Orleans and the border. Mexico's push into Coleurouge Stagnates, Colignians hold the Line.

Doesn't Represent my IRL views. Bro, Colligny is a Racist 19th Century Nation led by a Racist Pro-Slaver. Did you really think it represented my Views?

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:17 am

Frisia Magna wrote:"It could, but the true question is, should it? Industrial Revolution-era steam was reliant, to a ridiculous degree, on coal. Do you seriously want to start mining and burning coal now that everyone and their mother has already stopped using the much less destructive oil too?"
sig

Famous crime reporter Pieter R. Vries dies nine days after being shot in Aemstell.

I wasn't aware one could survive getting shot for that long and then dying.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Colligny
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Colligny » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:19 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:
sig

Famous crime reporter Pieter R. Vries dies nine days after being shot in Aemstell.

I wasn't aware one could survive getting shot for that long and then dying.
Ninjae'd.
/Stillme
The Republic of Colligny is A French-Majority Conservative Calvinist Huguenot Nation that Owns Most of French Louisiana.
|President: Pierre Guilson (Yes, He's dead now, My nation is set in the 19th Century)| What Year is it?: 1833|
News:After the Colignian Declaration of war on Mexico, the Colignian army has began Pushing into mexico via Acadiana, to get more land inbetween the capital of New Orleans and the border. Mexico's push into Coleurouge Stagnates, Colignians hold the Line.

Doesn't Represent my IRL views. Bro, Colligny is a Racist 19th Century Nation led by a Racist Pro-Slaver. Did you really think it represented my Views?

Perikuresu
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Perikuresu » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:04 am

AAN:
Is there a reason places like Xinjiang, Indochina, Burma, Bruneian Malaya (tbh you should split the subdivision into Brunei and Sarawak), and Melanesia are revolting other than "the enemy's influences" Maybe you can compromise with them a bit so some stuff gets lifted off your shoulders
~Bystander

AN:
What happens if Coli wins? Will they take Northern Mexico? Will the Brits intervene for Coli? Will the Americans intervene for Mexico?
~Bystander

Two top Government agents suddenly disappears, the only things left at the place of disappearance are their accessories and two children. The children are suspected to be linked to the agents.
A Pacific nation or a MT liberalwank nation whose main premise is composed on a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities
NS Stats non canon, NS Policies canon tho
Aerilia is lying! They're not a unicorn, they're a Welsh Dragon!

Aurevbush
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aurevbush » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:33 am

Perikuresu wrote:AAN:
Is there a reason places like Xinjiang, Indochina, Burma, Bruneian Malaya (tbh you should split the subdivision into Brunei and Sarawak), and Melanesia are revolting other than "the enemy's influences" Maybe you can compromise with them a bit so some stuff gets lifted off your shoulders
~Bystander

AN:
What happens if Coli wins? Will they take Northern Mexico? Will the Brits intervene for Coli? Will the Americans intervene for Mexico?
~Bystander

Two top Government agents suddenly disappears, the only things left at the place of disappearance are their accessories and two children. The children are suspected to be linked to the agents.

"Well, I hope someone find those agents soon and take extra good care of the children left behind."

-First Consul Elena Franconi

sig
Located on the planet Aramnah as a technological powerhouse in a diverse multispecies sci-fantasy universe (PMT/FT/whatev), Yankeew@nk
Young American male, awkward, metalhead and history buff
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AUREVBUSH
Own Stats, Own Schedule

ACBC: No Signal

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:45 pm

"I find that Oppression Olympics only make life harder. Besides, claim of 'nobody has it as hard as us' is ridiculous when African nations exist, or when the Chinese Mainland is still in a state of perpetual war."
sig
Kingdom of Frisia || Cyningdom Friesland
10 Aug 2021
Þe Feorbiliþe: Edgar van Helsing, Prime Minister of Frisia in 2003-2014, made Baron Helsing of Siefenhausen. | "Executing the Sultan may see us have another Malay Uprising on our hands" Marshal Commander Offenberg warns. | Bidvest AG evacuates Dili. Australian bombardment led to the death of at least 100,000. | Manchuria sends soldiers at the border with Ryojun. Legation Cities drop 5 GBU-43/B bombs on Beijing; "Respect the demilitarised zones or else" - Chairman Carlsborough. | 2021 Plebiscite shows 72.8% of New England's population would prefer to continue being a Lordship in the Britannic Commonwealth.
Don't know whether to create a Großdeutschland or an Anglo-Saxon Britannia puppet next.

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:41 am

/bump
10 Aug 2021
Þe Feorbiliþe: Edgar van Helsing, Prime Minister of Frisia in 2003-2014, made Baron Helsing of Siefenhausen. | "Executing the Sultan may see us have another Malay Uprising on our hands" Marshal Commander Offenberg warns. | Bidvest AG evacuates Dili. Australian bombardment led to the death of at least 100,000. | Manchuria sends soldiers at the border with Ryojun. Legation Cities drop 5 GBU-43/B bombs on Beijing; "Respect the demilitarised zones or else" - Chairman Carlsborough. | 2021 Plebiscite shows 72.8% of New England's population would prefer to continue being a Lordship in the Britannic Commonwealth.
Don't know whether to create a Großdeutschland or an Anglo-Saxon Britannia puppet next.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:08 am

Frisia Magna wrote:Bidvest AG, a PMC group employed by the Frisian EIC, declares war on the Timor Republic, claims 'we need more workers'

"Goodness, but to use violence on such a scale as warring with a different realm due to issues with employment seems so very rash.... Also, what is 'PMC' supposed to stand for? Where's Frisia, what is this Timor Republic, and what in Goddess' Hylia's name is the EIC? This confuses me to a point you cannot understand."

- Izik, Hylian citizen of Hyrule Castle Town -

Rumors spread across Hyrule Castle Town of a plan, headed by the proprietor of Telma's Bar... Well, Telma of an unofficial revival of the 'resistance' that was a notable force during the Twilight Era, a group that had aided the Hero of Courage in infiltrating the Twilight-Coated Hyrule Castle in order to challenge and defeat the Twilight King.
Some theorise it to be a soft reboot of a different function of what the 'resistance' stood for, to explore Hyrule and it's lands, including the many mysteries that it contains, of which back in the day was to search for anything valuable to help the fight against Twilight. If it is to be so, it would be an adventurer's guild dedicated to discovery of Hyrule's mysteries... This is most certainly nothing official at the time, but perhaps in the near future it may still be so...
_____________________________________The Princessdom of Hyrule_____________________________________
_____________________________________The Princessdom of Hyrule_____________________________________

The Princessdom of Hyrule. A fanfiction based on the Legend of Zelda :: Twilight Princess that takes place half a decade after the conclusion of the game. A new caste of Hyruleans, no less the newly built army resent the old Guard and Princess-Sovereign Zelda for the surrender of the realm to the Twilight and the weakness of Hyrule from invasion...

Meanwhile, the Zora worry greatly about the militarization of Hyrule, and the Goron less so due to the Economic stranglehold of the Rupee of which they have as leverage.

________.QnA (In construction)__.______
__________.About the user__________

Never again shall Hyrule fall, and never again shall we sully the name of Hylia under our weakness!

Perikuresu
Minister

Postby Perikuresu » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:29 am

This sounds like this is from a new Zelda game, is it out yet?
~Little child

Rankings on the best Legation cities to visit on a holiday based on a survey by a tabloid:
1. Cantaloa
2. Huis Tan Bosch
3. Caixão
4. Nikkeichi
5. Koo
6. Luolo
7. Kaine
A Pacific nation or a MT liberalwank nation whose main premise is composed on a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities

Colligny
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Colligny » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:38 am

"I'll have to Visit there sometime, Sounds very nice. But not really News."
-President Guilson
Last edited by Colligny on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Perikuresu
Minister

Postby Perikuresu » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 am

Colligny wrote:"I'll have to Visit there sometime, Sounds very nice. But not really News."
-President Guilson

I'm not really in a good mood today so I might as well make something nice, also it's a tabloid, what'd you expect? :p

/skip me

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:43 am

"I'll be honest. I'm not entirely sure who to support. On one hand, you are French. On the other hand your enemy is Spanish, which I'd be a horrible Frisian if I were not to despise... Can both sides lose in a war?"
sig
10 Aug 2021

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 am

"I don't get how a PMC gets to 'declare war' on a full-blown republic - heck, in my country, not even the President can do that willy nilly. But even if they could in the customs of your timeline, why would 'we need more workers' be a valid casus belli? For all I know, mercenaries- uhm, PMC's don't really like to fight, unless they're being paid to do so. Also, invading somewhere certainly doesn't bring you more workers."
Gen. Julius Graham, Chief Military Advisor to the Federal Government

BN: Please do the news about funds being embezzled (read the article first please) or about the exam
Last edited by Nacrad on Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:51 am

/bump
10 Aug 2021

Estado Americano de Espana
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Americano de Espana » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:55 am

"Embezzling money intended for a project... yeah, that's foreseen in most cases. You don't just outsource the funds and hope for the best, you need the Central-fucking-Government, or in Spain's case, the State Government. In order to prevent embezzling, in my honest opinion, you need the State Government overseeing both ends and having the major hand in affairs, probably for the better, to be honest... but not in weapons design. Dear god, not in weapons design."

- Supervisor Pablo Anderson Gutierrez, Officeworker in Madrid.
Welcome to America. New flag just dropped, anti-monarchism time.
Made to spite a certain Spaniard.
Fun fact: Franco in TTL likes battleships.
The State of Spain | Estado de España
"Un Estado, Múltiples Pueblos."
2021, all's right with the world in the US State of Spain, as men go about their business. No Carlist Wars, maybe?
TVE1: Communist militia presence in Chicago increased after hostage situation in IL|Florida Man released from court after self-defense ruling|Anatolian President to meet with Russian Pres. to foster Black Sea Trade

Perikuresu
Minister

Postby Perikuresu » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:26 am

I'm not a big fan of the People's Republic of China but threatening to "'recreate 1937 all over again'" is just yikes
~Bypasser

Another accident has occurred on the road to the Fleur Montage Apiaries, killing Old man Hugo. It appears as though the wagon was capsized either on purpose by something or was capsized in order to to run over something. Since then, it has come to our attention that it appears a reaper had been at the site, mourning the loss, any more information can be appreciated.

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:05 am

"I still have no idea what a wagon, apiary or a reaper is, but if it's a tragedy, you have my most sincere thoughts and prayers. The true question is, what are you planning on ensuring it won't happen again?"
sig
10 Aug 2021

Free Paris
Civilian

Founded: Jul 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Paris » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:53 am

"More workers? Heh... trust me, we have about a million and a half worthless and hungry Frenchmen here who'd be begging for work, even if we'd bookstaffly[1] work them to death for being... well, bloody French, first of all. God, I feel so filthy even being here. Anyway, if you do not mind crossing the framework of roomtime[2] itself, feel free to nab a few. Overcommand[3] wants less greedy mouths to fordeal[4] rations to."
- General Edward Townleigh, Officer in the English Kingly Heere, Limbman of the Rede of Seven

[1] literally
[2] spacetime
[3] High Command
[4] distribute
⚜ ⚜ VILLE LIBRE DE PARIS | ♖ | FREESTEAD OF PARIS | ♖ | FREIE STADT PARIS ⚜ ⚜
A pocket of purgatory in an otherwise peaceful (but tense) 1949. NS stats court-martialed and hanged.
The Past - The Present - The Future
[660 kHz] Allied Radio: 18, mostly burghers, killed in blast in Vaugirard Clothfabric, the only working fabric in Paris; linked to "mishandling rather than terrorism", says General Chapman | Japanish Caserly Marine takes into thenst first sakebuilt drawerborne flytug driven by a strealdrivework, the Matsudaira A49M | Uproar in Turin brought by crashing werthship quelled by Carbineers; 31 killed, 108 wounded | Wilners see rising deaths by creft; wittenshippers say it may root from the atombombing of Wilna by the USSR in 1946
Na ne forgife ic þe, na ne trucige ic þe | :trollge: | Current flag trappu: Astolfo, from Fate/Extella Link

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Guanyu "Abra" Abramovich Jr.
Secretary-General of the People's Federation of Pan-Asiatic States
"Ah, I see the 'Darwin Awards' are in full swing in Paris. And it looks like we have a winner already—that guy who stepped on a marked landmine. Don't be stupid, learn to read signs, kids!"
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:33 pm

"Normally I'd be backing the government here -workers getting uppity and forgetting their place tends to upend the pillars upon which society stands and more importantly, threaten my pocket- but honestly the medical industry is one place you don't cut corners and underpay. If you somehow pissed them so hard they'd burn your effigy, you've got a bigger problem on your hands than just a strike or protest."
Roderijk Snaelhem, CEO of the Snaelhem Corporation
sig
10 Aug 2021

Nacrad
Ambassador

Postby Nacrad » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 pm

"Why is Bidvest AG allowed to do this? Sure, they may be a PMC, but who on the face of Earth allows them to act in this capacity - without contract or collaboration with a national government? Are you guys mad?"
The Rt Hon Lewis Kwong, Minister of Defence
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:47 pm

Nacrad wrote:"Why is Bidvest AG allowed to do this? Sure, they may be a PMC, but who on the face of Earth allows them to act in this capacity - without contract or collaboration with a national government? Are you guys mad?"
The Rt Hon Lewis Kwong, Minister of Defence
(They're contracted with a private company that wants more workers. This world is stupid I know) /skip
10 Aug 2021

Octahedralia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 23, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Octahedralia » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:12 pm

"They found that guy's illegal sugar"
-????, 23 July 2021

OCTAHEDRALIAN NEWS CHANNEL [ONC](CHANNEL 46.3)
INTERNATIONAL: With 2 endorsements, Octahedralia can now do a thing in the WA, if they feel like it.|"Are memes art?" Question stages tension with Cube Island, war soon expected.
DOMESTIC: Guy with 2 monitors not messing around|Sector 108 enters its fifth day of people realizing it exists, tourism industry baffled|Sector 01 representatives finally start caring about the part of the sector outside Octalia.|Sector 43 man accused of terminating 25-year old using 9-volt battery and a lincoln log, case dropped as jury "could not even"|Scientist predicts Memeium-related "end of reality", becomes joke across Octahedralia.

FOR MORE FRESH NEWS tune in to ONC at whenever we feel like it

edit thats should have happened days sooner:
Frisia Magna wrote:/skip

oh fu-
Last edited by Octahedralia on Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
you may now access
THE OCTAHEDRON

NS Stats have been found dead in Miami

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:25 pm

Octahedralia wrote:"They found that guy's illegal sugar"
-????, 23 July 2021

INTERNATIONAL: With 2 endorsements, Octahedralia can now do a thing in the WA, if they feel like it.|"Are memes art?" Question stages tension with Cube Island, war soon expected.
DOMESTIC: Guy with 2 monitors not messing around|Sector 108 enters its fifth day of people realizing it exists, tourism industry baffled|Sector 01 representatives finally start caring about the part of the sector outside Octalia.|Sector 43 man accused of terminating 25-year old using 9-volt battery and a lincoln log, case dropped as jury "could not even"|Scientist predicts Memeium-related "end of reality", becomes joke across Octahedralia.

Hopefully they will not abuse their new position in the WA. Well, it doesn't seem like they will anyway—which is good.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Nacrad
Ambassador

Postby Nacrad » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:00 pm

Octahedralia wrote:"They found that guy's illegal sugar"
-????, 23 July 2021

What?
/stillme and do PAS too, please
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7