NATION

PASSWORD

Constructively rate the above nation's flag (8)

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yulemark
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Yulemark » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:33 pm

I don't know that it can be improved.

The winged flower has been set up so delicately, yet every line is clear.
The wings are dynamic: maximum effect with the minimum of lines.
The two stripes emphasise the military tone of the flag.
The two colours are perfectly fitting for the whole theme.
And the whole design is balanced: nothing too big or too small or out of place.

10/10

The Reman Star Cluster
Civilian

Founded: Apr 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reman Star Cluster » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:35 am

Well, initially I wanted to say that the green and red made me think of Christmas, and then I saw AN's name. To be honest, I am not a fan of the flag, primarily because of the choice of colours. The red and green clash too much in my opinion, and while the general design is definitely thought up creatively, it's not enough to make the flag my cup of tea. Nonetheless, the flag is perfect for a christmas-themed nation, so in that regard it is perfect. I'll give the flag a benefit of the doubt, and rate it a 7/10 :)

Libertarian Technocrats
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 29, 2021
Corporate Bordello

Postby Libertarian Technocrats » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:18 am

Colors are good. Has a 17th century European vibe to it. I'd expect it as a city flag in a fantasy novel. Only complaint is the complexity of the star in the middle.

7/10?
Last edited by Libertarian Technocrats on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Code: Select all
PAL 8000: Hello user. You requested "RANDOM FACTS ABOUT THE REPUBLIC OF LIBERTARIAN TECHNOCRATS." Did you know that most nations mistakenly think Libertechan directness is actually rudeness?
I use NS stats for my nation. Without NS Stats, there is no point.
You know you're an engineer when you have no life and you can prove it mathematically.
Trust me, I'm an engineer.

Shadonyafand
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadonyafand » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:21 am

Very simple, and that's probably the way they want it, which is pretty cute.
7/10
Wingfand|Shadonyazal|Shadonyafand|Tilodaw
The Tahlia Countryhumans

Shadonyafand
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadonyafand » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:32 am

/bump i guess
Wingfand|Shadonyazal|Shadonyafand|Tilodaw
The Tahlia Countryhumans

Roegerland
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Roegerland » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:37 am

4/10

I rate flags on here as if they're national flags, as such this one is no good imo. There is certainly potential with the background stripe and stars though.

Something like this maybe?

It's cute though so points for that.
Last edited by Roegerland on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
✸✸✸✸✸

Uylensted
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Uylensted » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:18 am

Roegerland wrote:4/10

I rate flags on here as if they're national flags, as such this one is no good imo. There is certainly potential with the background stripe and stars though.

Something like this maybe?

It's cute though so points for that.

Amazing choice of colours, well-conceived design, fitting and beautiful symbolism, unique as well as memorable. Consider me a big fan of the flag! 9/10!
Last edited by Uylensted on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Free City of Uylensted

Current year: 2022 CE | Leader: Mayor-President Rowena Pelateyn | Capital: Uylensted | Government type: Unitary presidential republic | Technology level: Modern tech
Factbook on Uylensted
Played nations
  • Daarwyrth
  • Great Robertia
  • Uylensted
About me:
  • 26 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:23 am

10/10
If only nations such as NZ and Australia used flags like yours...
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY, ISLAM
FREE PALESTINE
STAND WITH THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:26 am

Its all good, but is the border necessary? I think it would be fine without it.
8/10
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

Alaska Hawaii and the Aleutes
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Alaska Hawaii and the Aleutes » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 am

It is quite unique. The yellow shade you used combines well with the black. I like the flag, but what bothers me is the white star. In my opinion it's a bit too big, has two colours instead of one and the black lining around it really doesn't help. So I'll say 7.6/10, could be 8.8/10 if you fix the star by making it one colour and smaller.

Ninja'd.
I like it, but I would've put the Kazakh lining on the left side and the emblem slightly more central. The colours are basic and I'm not a fan of two-coloured flags (with notable exceptions), so 5.6/10 at its best.
Last edited by Alaska Hawaii and the Aleutes on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC: Please note that all following factbooks are not fitted for dark mode or mobile!

The Federal Technocracy of
Homepage | Overview | ASEA

AFC News : |International| The Japano-Taiwanese Confederation's president and the Alaskan chancellor will meet in Saipan to discuss the disputed territory of the Iwo Islands | Britannican-Alaskan dispute over the Indian Ocean Territory purchase |National| New Law preventing political monopolies in the provinces | Remembrance of the Untriti massacre a year ago | Man in banana costume tried to rob bank in Aleneva

Frokolia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Frokolia » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 am

Symbol definitely looks nice, but that stripe? on the right feels a bit unnecessary. other than that, 7.6/10 for me

ninja'd. AN: not too big a fan of the stripes on the left, but the symbol looks nice and overall, pretty good. 8/10
Last edited by Frokolia on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
please check out my factbooks ion want it to be a performance for one D:
World Maps
Political Parties
Embassy Program

18.11.1933 - Köseroff Times | Int. News: Argentine independence restored following election of Alfredo Palacios to presidency • Sudanese War ends unexpectedly; riots reported in major cities in Sudan • Californian, Mexican and Chilean officials 'greatly disturbed' by descriptions of Arikosil • Australia joins the Pacific Federation | National News: Operation 'Guten Morgen' commences with UDO invasion of western Russia • Auffenberg calls for Vonsyatsky to surrender; Vonsyatsky responds, 'over my cold, rotting corpse'

enby + pan
an OOC thing

East Lodovia
Civilian

Founded: Apr 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby East Lodovia » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:54 am

The flag works for the concept of the nation, the white and red match nicely and the black in the middle creates a solid contrast. I am just wondering whether it wouldn't be better to put the white eagle crest in the circle of the black , because it feels a little odd it's placed where it is now.

The flag looks nice, it just doesn't make me go 'wow'. So, a 7/10 from me.

Frokolia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Frokolia » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:04 pm

East Lodovia wrote:The flag works for the concept of the nation, the white and red match nicely and the black in the middle creates a solid contrast. I am just wondering whether it wouldn't be better to put the white eagle crest in the circle of the black , because it feels a little odd it's placed where it is now.

i would put the coat of arms in the center of the circle, but with the technology i have (not much), i can't exactly move it over. if i could i absolutely would
/skip
Last edited by Frokolia on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please check out my factbooks ion want it to be a performance for one D:
World Maps
Political Parties
Embassy Program

18.11.1933 - Köseroff Times | Int. News: Argentine independence restored following election of Alfredo Palacios to presidency • Sudanese War ends unexpectedly; riots reported in major cities in Sudan • Californian, Mexican and Chilean officials 'greatly disturbed' by descriptions of Arikosil • Australia joins the Pacific Federation | National News: Operation 'Guten Morgen' commences with UDO invasion of western Russia • Auffenberg calls for Vonsyatsky to surrender; Vonsyatsky responds, 'over my cold, rotting corpse'

enby + pan
an OOC thing

Khayamala
Civilian

Founded: Apr 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khayamala » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:39 pm

7/10 a bit basic but not in a bad way. Interesting choice of colors for a communist? nation.
if everyone you around is sane, then become the insane
Bomb corn syrup factories
Always buy the bank
Hate the Antichrist
Don’t take your schizo meds, listen to the voice

Roegerland
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Roegerland » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:22 pm

Frokolia wrote:
East Lodovia wrote:The flag works for the concept of the nation, the white and red match nicely and the black in the middle creates a solid contrast. I am just wondering whether it wouldn't be better to put the white eagle crest in the circle of the black , because it feels a little odd it's placed where it is now.

i would put the coat of arms in the center of the circle, but with the technology i have (not much), i can't exactly move it over. if i could i absolutely would
/skip

My dear fellow, do not suffer in silence! Ask the kind individuals in the bellow linked page and I'm sure someone there will be more than happy to assist you in this endeavour. You will need to be very specific and state clearly exactly what you require.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=442202

/Skip
Last edited by Roegerland on Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✸✸✸✸✸

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:43 pm

Khayamala wrote:7/10 a bit basic but not in a bad way. Interesting choice of colors for a communist? nation.

Love it! The contrast, the dark blue and the polar feeling! The only thing which irks me is the white at the bottom; although I get the snow! Overall a fantastic flag! 8/10
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Fizzopolis
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Fizzopolis » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:42 am

A really cool flag. I love the main purple/red colour especially, it's really beautiful and unique. The only thing is that the symbol in the centre immediately makes me think of video games. That's neither a good nor bad thing though, it's just where my mind immediately goes. Either way it's a great flag 9/10

Maleibidulu-Samberiti
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Maleibidulu-Samberiti » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:44 am

Having 6 different colors is stretching it a little bit - which is the only real criticism. It's unique, straightforward, simplistic (albeit intricate) design and clearly shows a cultural aspect of the nation (I presume).

9/10
Autonomous Region of:

An offshoot of the Yapaniya Jain Bunt ethnicity from Tulu Nadu, settled in Safiloa, creating Pushpambara Jainism, and mixing their Tuluva culture with the Pre-Islamic Mazdakite Persian identity - with some indigenous Pre-Islamic Sakalava Malagasy and Pre-Islamic Insular Sabaki cultural traits.

Foundhome Republic
Attaché

Founded: Dec 09, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Foundhome Republic » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:57 am

Very brave color choices... not ones usually seen together. Including an object of cultural significance is always a plus. I like that the conch and its circle are offset rather than centered, making it closer to the hoist. 9/10, would salute.

Greater Woodland
Civilian

Founded: Apr 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Woodland » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:06 am

The general design appears very original and beautiful, yet there are a few critiques that I have about some of the design elements. The first is the ripple effect, as the ripple effect greatly diminishes the overall look of the flag. The second is the green colour of the symbol/pattern in the middle. The golden one is nicely visible, but the secondary green one underneath it is invisible from a distance, and difficult to see from up close. On a flag pole, the green pattern would never be visible to someone viewing it from a distance. The pattern also appears as text to me (correct me if I am wrong), which generally isn't a great idea for a flag. My advice would be to change the green colour of the secondary pattern, or to choose a different background colour for the flag.

In its current state, I'd rate the flag a 7/10. It has great potential, but there are a few issues in the design at the moment.

Guano
Political Columnist

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Guano » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:06 pm

9/10 — Central symbol is a little complex but otherwise a great, clean, simple flag.
REPÚBLICA (BANANERA) DE GUANO

Swap your beanies for sombreros, and your winter shoes for sandals,
Embrace corruption, greed and graft in a paradise of scandals!

Maleibidulu-Samberiti
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Maleibidulu-Samberiti » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:14 pm

8/10 Decent design, but fails to make a lasting impression
Autonomous Region of:

An offshoot of the Yapaniya Jain Bunt ethnicity from Tulu Nadu, settled in Safiloa, creating Pushpambara Jainism, and mixing their Tuluva culture with the Pre-Islamic Mazdakite Persian identity - with some indigenous Pre-Islamic Sakalava Malagasy and Pre-Islamic Insular Sabaki cultural traits.

Fredun
Civilian

Founded: Mar 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Fredun » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:43 pm

8/10 - really cool design idea, but the squiggle line to what's in the hand makes the hand look 3d and i'm not into that. nice colors
Last edited by Fredun on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Khayamala
Civilian

Founded: Apr 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khayamala » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 pm

6/10 The ripple is bad as always. There is not much to it, just a yellow star on a green background. Though simplicity is not a bad thing.
Last edited by Khayamala on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
if everyone you around is sane, then become the insane
Bomb corn syrup factories
Always buy the bank
Hate the Antichrist
Don’t take your schizo meds, listen to the voice

Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Alaska Hawaii and the Aleutes » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:24 pm

It is clear that AN's flag is one of a very northern country (Polar star and Polar bear), but yet the bear seems to melt into the lower white stripe. Generally it's nice, but not very memorable. 6/10
OOC: Please note that all following factbooks are not fitted for dark mode or mobile!

The Federal Technocracy of
Homepage | Overview | ASEA

AFC News : |International| The Japano-Taiwanese Confederation's president and the Alaskan chancellor will meet in Saipan to discuss the disputed territory of the Iwo Islands | Britannican-Alaskan dispute over the Indian Ocean Territory purchase |National| New Law preventing political monopolies in the provinces | Remembrance of the Untriti massacre a year ago | Man in banana costume tried to rob bank in Aleneva

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7