NATION

PASSWORD

What question do you want to ask AU?

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Thu May 06, 2021 9:51 pm

Louisiana and Arkansas wrote:Where did you get the idea of a tricaramel Czecho-German country from?
/skipme

Countryballs, the original source is countryballs
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Khwarazmshahiyan
Civil Servant

Founded: May 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Khwarazmshahiyan » Thu May 06, 2021 9:52 pm

Have you been around a long time?
He who puts the stars in their place. He speaks to them, Demons Cease they obey

Born Again Believer, Non-Religious, Left Auth. Conservative, Male, Straight

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Considering you don't have very much writing for you nation yet, do you have any plans for your nation you want to share ahead of time?
Last edited by Catsfern on Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Thu May 06, 2021 10:42 pm

Khwarazmshahiyan wrote:Have you been around a long time?

Don’t know if you were asking me, but I forgot when I first found this place, but it was before Drew Durnil (Youtuber) found out about here. I first had a nation called The Island Nation of Vulpec, which is now gone, reduced to code.

/skipme
Last edited by Free Ravensburg on Thu May 06, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Soviet Progonya
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Progonya » Fri May 07, 2021 4:24 am

Catsfern wrote:Considering you don't have very much writing for you nation yet, do you have any plans for your nation you want to share ahead of time?

How did you come up with your flag, and is there symbolism behind it?
Erik | Male | Russian | Christian | Mixed Race
I'm into TF2, Madness Combat, art, animating,
Hotline Miami, competitive rifle shooting.
My art account My animations My fan project
Trans rights and racial equality are based
Current affairs:
In love with Splatoon, it's an amazing game,
Watching Better Call Saul and in love,
Testosterone enjoyer ever since 24/03,
Learning blender and 3D modelling
A post-apocalyptic nation located entirely within a megastructure amidst a burning Earth, in a world where reality barely holds together and magic arises from the cracks.

Innatist with a side of virtue epistemology, slightly utilitarian with hedonist characteristics, not smart enough to understand economics

Khwarazmshahiyan
Civil Servant

Founded: May 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Khwarazmshahiyan » Fri May 07, 2021 6:21 am

Catsfern wrote:Considering you don't have very much writing for you nation yet, do you have any plans for your nation you want to share ahead of time?

I planned on working on the military and geography in the next few months

/stillme
Last edited by Khwarazmshahiyan on Fri May 07, 2021 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
He who puts the stars in their place. He speaks to them, Demons Cease they obey

Born Again Believer, Non-Religious, Left Auth. Conservative, Male, Straight

Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aikoland » Fri May 07, 2021 6:55 am

Khwarazmshahiyan wrote:

I planned on working on the military and geography in the next few months

/stillme

How exactly do you pronounce your nation name?
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
The middle character in my flag is a boy
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

Zeloria
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zeloria » Fri May 07, 2021 8:14 am

Your OOC flags (or can I better say profile pictures) all look pretty cool. What's the source of them? Who are these weird alien creatures from your previous flags?
Last edited by Zeloria on Fri May 07, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
____
500 years ago, the universe saw an apocalypse that destroyed most spacefaring lifeforms caused by self-replicating machines, the universe went into a dark age until species that weren't advanced enough for the machine-swarm to detect started travelling into space. It is now the 23rd century, the universe is currently at 'peace'. Will this 'peace' last, or will this new universe end up like the last one?

Progress report: yes... maybe... probably

____

Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aikoland » Fri May 07, 2021 8:32 am

Zeloria wrote:Your OOC flags (or can I better say profile pictures) all look pretty cool. What's the source of them? Who are these weird alien creatures from your previous flags?

They're all uniformly either screenshots of TV shows I like, art and shit I like that I've saved, or (in the case of Gandoor) almost uniformly pics/screenshots from live shows for a children's anime I may be too into (except in rare cases where Gandoor's OOC flags are from shit like Super Sentai [AKA the Japanese show Power Rangers is based on, which is what the most recent alien flag on Gandoor was from).

/skip
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
The middle character in my flag is a boy
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri May 07, 2021 8:20 pm

United Communal Burrow Republics wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:- How many drafts did the Constitution went through, especially on how long can a Khan rule?

- The err... symbolisms of it all of the flag? I see that there are quite an interesting array of symbols.

So, Val, sorry if this is a simple question, but I've got a two parter. So, what got you into photography? I've always thought about getting into it myself, and I like hearing what other people like about it. And on that note, what's your favorite parts about photography. Any favorite things to do, favorite parts, or is a sort of equal enjoyment across the whole process?

I swear, I not neglecting you, I am so sorry! ^^;

So, oh man, this is going to be long, but in a good way. I picked it up as early as 2010, I suppose. Back in that day, the camera, my Nikon D5100, is more of a family property (still is), but back then, everyone would use it, everyone in my family would take pictures with it. I didn't really pay much attention to it back then, this is just a starter on how I got the camera. Anyway, fast forward to end of 2013, the Nokia Lumia 1020 came out. It was possibly the best camera on a phone at that time, and despite the slow processing speed (4 seconds per shot, holy shit), it is actually pretty damn neat and I love it! It also has a slew of manual controls - white balance, focus, shutter speed, ISO, exposure. Only thing it was lacking was aperture, which is understandable because camera phones even today don't have variable aperture mechanisms.

So I got more and more into photography, and after finishing my basic military training as part of National Service in Dec 2015, I started using my free time to go around and start taking photos. This was the magical pre-COVID days whereby you don't need to wear a mask, worry about catching a virus, that sort of thing. It was amazing! ♥

And from there, it eventually develops into what you guys have been seeing right now. As of the time of this post and writing, I have taken an estimated 23,000 - 24,000 photos since 2016. The file explorer says 28,000+, but I took out a few thousand from the photos my family took because that was not from my hobby - they were family photos. Sure, not all of them are usable shots, but man, I do know how to fill up a SD card.

And thus was the story of Valentine and his Nikon D5100. It was bought in Singapore, it followed me to Yangon, it followed me to Bagan, it followed me to Hong Kong, and I will surely use it until the day it fizzes out, for I have many memories with it. ♥

-----

@ Zeloria:

- What sort of video games inspired your nation overall? Was it from shooters, RTSes, 4X games, or something else?
- Is this your first time with nations, or were there nations beforehand? Do you ever have to do a retcon before, and if so, how was the experience?
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Fri May 07, 2021 9:20 pm

What inspired you to start writing issues?
My Storefronts | THE Barn | Set up an Embassy to Cavirfi

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Louisiana and Arkansas
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisiana and Arkansas » Fri May 07, 2021 9:22 pm

What inspired THE Barn?
I'm a Libertarian and a Southern Nationalist.
Also a proud Catholic.
That's all you need to know.
(Random RightValues link because why not)

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Fri May 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Several questions but they're all related:
What's the main source of carbohydrates, that is, the stock grain in your nation? What's the most popular livestock? And lastly, the most consumed vegetable?
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Fri May 07, 2021 9:23 pm

Louisiana and Arkansas wrote:What inspired THE Barn?

THE Giver by Lois Lowry

/skipme

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby 503 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:11 pm

Ciao, Las Palmeras!

Is there a particular class or classes on history you took that shaped or influenced your ideology or approach to analysing history the most? Also, you sent me a message about how much you hate Fukuyama (a commonality among us), but do you actually believe that someday there will be "an end of history?"
The brilliance of that day never fades from our memory.
503 imagines a world without pain and suffering, without limits and boundaries, without despair and destruction.

The Champions League
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Champions League » Fri May 07, 2021 10:16 pm

I'm very curious on how the name of the nation came to be about, is there any reason behind naming it 503?

Novia Xeneia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Novia Xeneia » Fri May 07, 2021 11:23 pm

The Champions League wrote:I'm very curious on how the name of the nation came to be about, is there any reason behind naming it 503?

Why is your nation called Champions league?do many sports championship matches happen there?
A democratic nation recovering from communist past.We are a democratic Republic with equal rights for everyone.
June 6, 2023|Headlines: Student Demonstrations Erupt in Glatin Amidst Escalating Fees of Private Technology Colleges, Urging Regulatory Intervention| Student Protests Spark Parliamentary Discourse on Regulatory Measures for Private Colleges and Potential Establishment of Government Institutions.

Toreador Loyalists
Civilian

Founded: Apr 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Toreador Loyalists » Fri May 07, 2021 11:26 pm

I apologize and it seems that I had not recalled correctly, it seems that Ludistan was the one who said it, not Novia Xenia. I shall now revise my question.

Q) You were probably already asked this before, but did you base your constitution on a pre-existing constitution?

- Out of all the nations, which would you consider to have the most difficulty in writing?

- I would say that each of them has its own unique challenges, but I do admit I was most frustrated by The Northern WInd Marauders simply because everything was so...different back in the 800s and I have to research it all.

- Where does most of your inspiration lie in? In other words, which anime/manga/video game/movie/TV series got you into writing stuff?

- Good question, I think what got me into writing various nations differed with each piece of media. For FenexOrg it was Gundam and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. For Shin-Makai it was surprisingly enough Demon Slayer and in fact I had a dilemma between having it set during the Sengoku period or the Bakumatsu period. Meanwhile for Shin-Sonno Joi it was after I saw TNO and I realized that the most based route would be a secret rebellion route.
Last edited by Toreador Loyalists on Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
⚜ It is the year C.C. 4060 and a Leviathan Must Shield their Galaxy ⚜
The Holy Empire of Toreador is a nation that has recently been destabilized due to the assassination of its monarch by the Fenex Hegemony. Now a new leader is chosen to lead the country from the flames of war through whatever means necessary. Those still loyal under the purple banner fight for a world free of madness and to put an end to the ambitions of the Pale Crow.
The Toreador Tribune
We are currently having technical difficulties, please stand by...

The Champions League
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Champions League » Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 pm

Novia Xeneia wrote:
The Champions League wrote:I'm very curious on how the name of the nation came to be about, is there any reason behind naming it 503?

Why is your nation called Champions league?do many sports championship matches happen there?

To be completely honest, I had no other names when I first went into NS. Turned out that actual names were not available and the first thing that came to mind was "The Champions League" so it came to be this. And yes, there's many sport championship matches of all kinds.

/skip
Last edited by The Champions League on Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri May 07, 2021 11:32 pm

Cavirfi wrote:What inspired you to start writing issues?

Ohh, a couple of things! I love NS Issues, the stats, and basically just about everything that the world of Got Issues have. I tried my hand as early as a few years ago. My first issue was first written around... 2018? 2019? It went through for a while, then the Issue Editor I got attached to took a retirement, so I revived it, improved it, and then was that.

@ Toreador Loyalists:

- Out of all the nations, which would you consider to have the most difficulty in writing?
- Where does most of your inspiration lie in? In other words, which anime/manga/video game/movie/TV series got you into writing stuff?

Ahh, Titanfall. That is an excellent game, I am thinking of using a few weapons from them. Alongside Halo. :P But of course, need to make it lore-friendly, or at least I have to try not to go too much into details!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat May 08, 2021 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Zeloria
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zeloria » Sat May 08, 2021 2:03 am

Valentine Z wrote:@ Zeloria:

- What sort of video games inspired your nation overall? Was it from shooters, RTSes, 4X games, or something else?
- Is this your first time with nations, or were there nations beforehand? Do you ever have to do a retcon before, and if so, how was the experience?

A lot of videogames inspired my nation. One thing where I got a lot of my inspiration from is Stellaris, with the mega-structures and all. Some of the other factions in the universe were also things that I made with some inspiration. The CCC was inspired by Blade Runner, Titanfall, and cyberpunk overall, the Andromedan Galactic Council was inspired by the Galactic Council from a pretty obscure indie game called Deathwar 3030, and the aesthetic of the Followers of the Black Stars' technology is kinda based on how the technology of the Covenant looks like.

Zeloria is my first nation, and I had retconned it multiple times. The first iteration of Zeloria was just on Antarctica, mostly because I want it to take place in the real world without plopping a new landmass down in one of the oceans. It was still a technological advanced nation, but I had no idea what I had to do with the rest of the world. The second iteration was an united Earth government, but I still didn't had a clue what I wanted to do. The current iteration of Zeloria was the result of me trying to flesh out the setting more. Talking about stuff that happens outside of the borders.

/SKIP
____
500 years ago, the universe saw an apocalypse that destroyed most spacefaring lifeforms caused by self-replicating machines, the universe went into a dark age until species that weren't advanced enough for the machine-swarm to detect started travelling into space. It is now the 23rd century, the universe is currently at 'peace'. Will this 'peace' last, or will this new universe end up like the last one?

Progress report: yes... maybe... probably

____

Novia Xeneia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Novia Xeneia » Sat May 08, 2021 3:13 am

Toreador Loyalists wrote:Q) Considering that if I recall correctly you considered Miroslavsky to be a “boring character” why is this the case? If that is so then what would you consider to be an interesting character?

Sorry but I don't remember who miroslavsky is and I don't remember calling someone a boring person but maybe I am wrong.
/Skip
A democratic nation recovering from communist past.We are a democratic Republic with equal rights for everyone.
June 6, 2023|Headlines: Student Demonstrations Erupt in Glatin Amidst Escalating Fees of Private Technology Colleges, Urging Regulatory Intervention| Student Protests Spark Parliamentary Discourse on Regulatory Measures for Private Colleges and Potential Establishment of Government Institutions.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Sat May 08, 2021 3:21 am

Novia Xeneia wrote:
Toreador Loyalists wrote:Q) Considering that if I recall correctly you considered Miroslavsky to be a “boring character” why is this the case? If that is so then what would you consider to be an interesting character?

Sorry but I don't remember who miroslavsky is and I don't remember calling someone a boring person but maybe I am wrong.
/Skip

You called my character boring twice and then act oblivious about it lmao. Okay, seems like I was mistaken.
/skip
Last edited by Zitravgrad on Sat May 08, 2021 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sat May 08, 2021 3:24 am

Why did you run for WA GenSec?

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat May 08, 2021 3:39 am

Cavirfi wrote:Why did you run for WA GenSec?

To be honest, I did it for the fun of it. I think I got 3-4 supporters at first. Then keeping it as humble as possible, I actually didn't think that I would go THAT far. It was a great welcome, of course, if a little stressful. ♥

/ SKIP ME! ^^
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7