NATION

PASSWORD

What question do you want to ask AU?

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:24 am

Valentine Z wrote:I feel like some of these have been asked before, but I'm giving it a shot again, hope that's fine! ^^

- What is your favorite ancient language? Was it because of the way they are perceived to sound like, or because of their script?
- Which character in this nation (and perhaps Hamatu) is the most difficult for you to write?
- And now this is an ego question: Is there actually someone in Hamatu who likes the Valentians? :lol: I know the Goddess has something against us, that is completely OOCly fine, but it makes me wonder if there are those who likes the tall dudes and dudettes.

This might be a weird question coming from me, but what's the reason for constantly changing your flag between such various aesthetics? Sometimes it's a mostly normal flag, other times it's something made in The Sims, now it's a character from a game I don't recognize, etc. Is it just things you like?
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Gandoor wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I feel like some of these have been asked before, but I'm giving it a shot again, hope that's fine! ^^

- What is your favorite ancient language? Was it because of the way they are perceived to sound like, or because of their script?
- Which character in this nation (and perhaps Hamatu) is the most difficult for you to write?
- And now this is an ego question: Is there actually someone in Hamatu who likes the Valentians? :lol: I know the Goddess has something against us, that is completely OOCly fine, but it makes me wonder if there are those who likes the tall dudes and dudettes.

This might be a weird question coming from me, but what's the reason for constantly changing your flag between such various aesthetics? Sometimes it's a mostly normal flag, other times it's something made in The Sims, now it's a character from a game I don't recognize, etc. Is it just things you like?

Ahh, yeah, more or less! I suppose it's the characters that I like (this one is a hunter from Halo: Reach. I love these guys, but the ones in Reach are the best-looking), and yes, I can get very indecisive! ^^ I am hoping to stick with this for now.

As for my flag colors, I used to do this thing, and will still do, where I change flag colors depending on my mood.

/ Skip me!
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Aerlanica
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Aerlanica » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:07 pm

The Lordship of Trokondas wrote:
Aerlanica wrote:How are the directories coming along?

1. Based on the small amount of roleplay posts you've got in the forums, combined with the goodly amount of information and lore in your factbooks, as well as the general roleplay-y nature your regions seems to invoke, I'll assume you're part of all that. So, what is it like playing in a region like that, and would you say it seems more fun or easily managed than those of the forums?
2. How would you describe your role in the region, assuming you have one?
3. What would you say is Aerlancia's most distinctive feature, when you think of it?
4. What do you think's the Primaeri's opinion of Aerlancia?

1. Well, the you're roleplaying in a Region, it means that it's quite easy to jump from other screens back to the RMB. What the Cape of Good Hope has, however, is a secondary region where RP's take place which is a little wonky to get to deal with but is otherwise perfectly fine and easy as all the RP stuff stays in one region. Likewise, with forums, it seems to take a bit of a while to get to the actual forum, so besides being able to move faster to the role-play, and it's a bit more streamlined and honestly is just easier to look at IMHO.

Honestly, it's really fun RPing in these regions if done the right way. In effect, you are one part of a massive story who's got to be fair to everyone and let every other nation have their time to shine. Granted, if you're a nation with three guys and a rock, you can't go up against an interplanetary empire, but all the RPers have to work together. Like a weird quasi team. In the Cape of Good Hope, there's a general rule that you have to ask another nation to do something to their nation, which has made me designated punching bag. You can also propose an arc you want to do with each other such as summits, crises, pandemics and so on and so forth.

But, then again with all RP's, there's several going on at once, so you can jump in on as many RP's as you please, or keep to one. But sometimes it's a bit slow and you don't have time or don't have anyone else to do RP's. When it's in those situations, you can just make a lore post basically describing a situation, and hope people can jump onto it or react to it.

Seriously? it's pretty fun, and what we got going on in the Cape of Good Hope we generally just have a fun time discussing, talking and generally having a fun time RPing in the Dreams of Good Hope.

2. My role is resident Alcoholic, my phrase? "Bold of you to assume I'm a guy." My mission...make good RP's, joke about my social, financial and medical situation and generally don't be a jerk face.

3. Aerlanica (as in the land) is basically mountainous, like we're talking Swiss level of mountains but with heaps of caves and heaps of bunkers. Basically, it's a guerrilla fighters dream. The Aerlanican people? well, since most, if not all, of them fought in the civil war, it's probably the fact that they're not only numb to death, but they're really good at making people dead, which is juxtaposed by their generally cheery, polite nature.

4. The Primaeri have discovered that they have the Grand Emperor's brother's biocode, which basically gives them access to all Primaeri tech. so, the Aerlanicans have been targeted for Genocide, since they themselves are skeleton keys to the Primaeri technology.

So I'm pretty sure that the Primaeri are a but upset with the Aerlanicans...

/skip
Last edited by Aerlanica on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Aerlanica! the resident punching bag of the entire universe! God forsakes us, Hell hates us, Tech is stolen by us, fascists fear us and NS stats are ignored by us. Come for the democracy! Stay for the Fanaticism!

We don't "Steal Tech"

No no no no no.

We Secretly Transfer Equipment to Alternative Locations, and they just so happen to be your army's equipment...

...which we arbitrarily acquired without acquiring prior consent.

The Saucer Pilots
Attaché

Founded: Aug 15, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Saucer Pilots » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:15 pm

Gandoor wrote:

1) So...uh...what themes or storylines do like the most about magical girl anime? And what do you enjoy the least about the genre?
2) What got you into NationStates?
3) Is there a particular reason why Sentai monsters sometimes occupy a good part of your icons or do you simply find them neat?

Aerlanica wrote:*snip*

1) How did wolves develop human-like sentience?

Also, I don't wanna sound like a nag but it's courteous to write /SKIP if you have no intention of responding to the above user. You can get people skipped over if you don't.

BN:
Yes. I'm gonna enter some Royal Marriage RP. I wanna walk before I can run. I want to test out personifying my characters' personalities before I try to describe the sci-fi things around them...because truth be told...this is a very charater-centric nation, perhaps the only nation I've made that's like this.
Last edited by The Saucer Pilots on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Air Domain
Not-Fully-Automated So-So Bi Space "Communism", the nation. Also, responsible for the half-truths around 1950s UFO sightings.
Basics / Nova: Earth's Nanny / Nova's VIPs / Military (?) / Weather Balloon: A Story/ The Men in Black/The Majestic 12: America's real govt.
This nation started as a semi-comical attempt as to reason why supposedly advanced aliens do a lot of convoluted, redundant and outright dumb things in Ufology.

Aerlanica
Spokesperson

Postby Aerlanica » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:28 pm

The Saucer Pilots wrote:
Gandoor wrote:
1) How did wolves develop human-like sentience?

Also, I don't wanna sound like a nag but it's courteous to write /SKIP if you have no intention of responding to the above user. You can get people skipped over if you don't.

(I'm really sorry I forgot about the skip thing, I forgot, I'm sorry I won't forget again.)

But anyway, wolves develop human-like sentience after they are exposed to mutagenic substances, namely those that came from mutagens in chemical weapons used extensively in a bloody, violent and aggressive civil war, and poor environmental practices in the prelude to said war for quite some time.

and also those not developing such sentience dying from cancers or turning into unspeakable horrors that dwell in the darkest of caves, the blackest of nights and the deepest of shadows.

Anyway, question for you Saucer Pilots, do you intend to RP; your nation seems really interesting in an RP sense.
Welcome to Aerlanica! the resident punching bag of the entire universe! God forsakes us, Hell hates us, Tech is stolen by us, fascists fear us and NS stats are ignored by us. Come for the democracy! Stay for the Fanaticism!

We don't "Steal Tech"

No no no no no.

We Secretly Transfer Equipment to Alternative Locations, and they just so happen to be your army's equipment...

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:43 pm

The Saucer Pilots wrote:
Gandoor wrote:

1) So...uh...what themes or storylines do like the most about magical girl anime? And what do you enjoy the least about the genre?
2) What got you into NationStates?
3) Is there a particular reason why Sentai monsters sometimes occupy a good part of your icons or do you simply find them neat?

1. Cliché as it is, I like the power of friendship themes in my magical girl shows. But not just normal 'Wow we're stronger together because we're friends!!!' but like when a villain tries to do something to cause the bonds between the heroines to break or something but they overcome whatever it is the villain's doing and rejoin together to kick their ass (and sometimes getting the new attack while they're at it). What do I enjoy the least? This is pretty specific but: I can't stand 'dark' and 'mature' takes on the genre like Madoka Magica, especially with dumbass fans who think that the entire genre should become like that or treat the series that are still aimed at children like Pretty Cure (my fave magical girl franchise) as being 'outdated' and 'stuck in the past'. (Of course, it goes without saying but you can do a darker and more mature story even in magical girl anime that's aimed at kids!!)

2. IDK, I was literally 12. I just like writing stories and shit, always have. So I guess I was just drawn here cuz I could write stories about a made-up nation.

3. I'm lesbian, I really like Sentai's hot humanoid monster girls and wish they were me, so it's an obvious fit. (That being said, I think my current flag is my first instance of using a Sentai villain [not technically a monster, she's a full character] as my avatar in some months)

/skip
OOC - Call me Viola
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

The Saucer Pilots
Attaché

Postby The Saucer Pilots » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:48 pm

Gandoor wrote:(Of course, it goes without saying but you can do a darker and more mature story even in magical girl anime that's aimed at kids!!)

The Virgin Edgy Deconstruction Fan vs the Chad Princess Tutu Enthusiast /SKIP ME, DO AERLANICA...I think
Last edited by The Saucer Pilots on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Air Domain
Not-Fully-Automated So-So Bi Space "Communism", the nation. Also, responsible for the half-truths around 1950s UFO sightings.
Basics / Nova: Earth's Nanny / Nova's VIPs / Military (?) / Weather Balloon: A Story/ The Men in Black/The Majestic 12: America's real govt.
This nation started as a semi-comical attempt as to reason why supposedly advanced aliens do a lot of convoluted, redundant and outright dumb things in Ufology.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Aerlanica wrote:-Snip-

- What was your main inspiration behind the Harold Vence journal entries?
- What do you usually see yourself having the most trouble with writing?
- Perhaps a favorite video game, or just something that inspires your nation?
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Aerlanica
Spokesperson

Postby Aerlanica » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:57 pm

Valentine Z wrote:

- My main inspiration behind the Harold Vence Journal Entries. Well, instead of writing something that told the people about what happened in Aerlanica, what about an actual entry from a guy telling people about Aerlanica. Like, a factbook inside a factbook.

- Actually writing and converting ideas to words. Some things are twisted in translation.

- Something that inspired my nation? probably the Hope Punk genre - the belief that good victories are hard won and hard fought.

/skip meh okay? thank!

We don't "Steal Tech"

No no no no no.

The Alkdorian Empire
Secretary

Founded: Oct 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alkdorian Empire » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:59 pm

Valentine Z wrote:

Here's a fun one, what food that you enjoy would you say that best matches your nation?
Join the Forum 7 Discord Today! If you desire to have a wacky experience. |
“Understand this. You may think you're an absolute idiot. But remember, there are folks out there who are a LOT more idiotic than yourself.”
“The world is an angry place, getting madder and madder every waking moment of our pitiful existence. So let’s all just put on our clown shoes and laugh at it.”
-Brap (me)

Sophia in England
Civilian

Founded: Apr 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sophia in England » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:02 pm

Do you actively set out to create your characters on this nation as such dislikeable personalities, or is it something that gradually happened over the course of writing? I'm always curious because genuinely repulsive characters who are well written are a rarity on this site.
"We might not always be the main character in the wonderful play known as Earth, but we can always be the protagonists of our own lives. And that, for me, is more than fulfilling."
-Lady Sophia Anna Cecilia Emma Kensington, Countess of Cheshire, Inheritor of the Great Mission, and Protector of Swans
Sakuraverse Personality Quiz
Scenario: An international student with poetry to rival Shakespeare, a countess with an odd fondness for Victoria sponges, and a maths genius who can't do arithmetic walk into Cambridge University.
Sakura's dreams
IC Year is 32nd Year of the Reign of Queen Victoria (1868)
Sakuraverse Quiz result: Omiya Sakura

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:05 pm

The Alkdorian Empire wrote:-Snip-

Oh good God. There are a few, I have to choose.

- Pizza Hut Singapore's The Four Cheese. As the name suggests, four types of cheese, tomato sauce, all that goodness! Best. Thing. Ever.

- I also like tomato pasta A LOT. I ate 3 servings of it in one go today, so that should be saying something.

- Chicken Biryani, ohhh now that's another thing.

Ultimately, I am planning to write a lot about my culture and there are most likely going to be a few dishes across Valentine Z. After all, it's a very, very diverse place and thus, there are a lot of differing tastes and preferences. Which is also kinda the reason I am dreading the culture factbook because there are going to be quite a lot of ground to cover, and I really don't want to make it sound like Val Z is full of stereotypes.

/ SKIP ME, sorry! I normally would edit, but I figured you need better visibility given the huge posts here and there.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:05 pm

Why is Sophia in England

how are you doing today? I am doing great, although spring sinuses are hitting me hard *fingers crossed for it not to be commie cold*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:48 pm

When are you gonna update the 'Memes' category in your factbook?
My Storefronts | THE Barn | Set up an Embassy to Cavirfi

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Cavirfi wrote:When are you gonna update the 'Memes' category in your factbook?

why do u have a quote from urself in ur sig lol ?
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:53 pm

Gandoor wrote:

Is happiness just chemicals flowing through your brain or something more?

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:23 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Gandoor wrote:why do u have a quote from urself in ur sig lol ?

Well it's either that or the result of years of forced brainwashing and reeducation in some horrific dictatorship that wants all its citizens to be happy and obedient citizens of the state. It's good either way, well the first is, not so much the latter.

/skip
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

The Saucer Pilots
Attaché

Postby The Saucer Pilots » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Gandoor wrote:why do u have a quote from urself in ur sig lol ?

1) Why do you like giving out seemingly random questions?
2) Now that we're being trivial: how many Nirvana songs do you know, if you do?
The Great Air Domain

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:16 pm

Gandoor wrote:

Why not? It's MY sig lol. I will quote someone else for one day, just TG me a quote.

/skipme
My Storefronts | THE Barn | Set up an Embassy to Cavirfi

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:20 pm

When I am more confident in my compiling capabilities.

/skipme
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:02 am

The Saucer Pilots wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:Is happiness just chemicals flowing through your brain or something more?

1) Why do you like giving out seemingly random questions?
2) Now that we're being trivial: how many Nirvana songs do you know, if you do?

What l
What led to the whole concept of being related to what crashed at Roswell, New Mexico?
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

The Saucer Pilots
Attaché

Postby The Saucer Pilots » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:16 pm

Gandoor wrote:What led to the whole concept of being related to what crashed at Roswell, New Mexico?

I simply find the themes interesting...and for entirely aesthetic value of retro-futurism, Doo-Wop architecture and B-Movies I emulate. As I've stated several times, this has got to be my least original nation because the lore pretty much writes itself and are all nods to well-established Ufology or alien-related conspiracy theories.

Although it's my least serious nation, I also really wanted to play around with the clichés and tropes related to alien invasions to conclude that the Anhu really are a few sandwiches short of a picnic, which may explain why they like doing things manually or over-complicate tasks. Even if it's campy, I don't mind if I can make my nation stand out among all the other "evil AI extermination/assimilation" swarms, Lovecraftian horrors that are predictable, 40k Terran rip-offs and human alliances with hideously boring boxy ships and weapons. Oh and I read a book about the 1950s so I thought that it would be a fun setting to make. /SKIP ME
Last edited by The Saucer Pilots on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Air Domain

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:24 pm

I am once again asking you who is on ooc flag
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times

Kynor
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kynor » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:36 pm

Why doesn't your canton align with the first stripe? It's such a weird design choice.
EL IMPERIO NOVOHISPANO UNIVERSAL DE KYNOR | THE UNIVERSAL NOVOHISPANO EMPIRE OF KYNOR
"A solis ortu usque ad occasum"|"From Sunrise to Sunset"⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
An ultra-religious Hispanophilic imperialist irredentist state encompassing the former Viceroyalties of Nueva España and Nueva Granada formed by a clan of Irish-Spanish nobles

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:39 pm

Kynor wrote:Why doesn't your canton align with the first stripe? It's such a weird design choice.

/skip
Last edited by Free Ravensburg on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7