NATION

PASSWORD

What question do you want to ask AU?

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Neo Japanese States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Neo Japanese States » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:52 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Is this your first/only nation or a puppet?

Second nation. Main.

/skip
you're just mad
liberal
owned

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:12 am

Cavirfi wrote:

Do you have a number for the destruction (casualties, damages in credit, etc.) caused by the Batallion Wars?

I couldn't even give you that for a real war, let alone for a Wii game war that I am desperately trying to apply some realism to xD

/skip
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

The Saucer Pilots
Attaché

Founded: Aug 15, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Saucer Pilots » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am

Cavirfi wrote:

Do you have a number for the destruction (casualties, damages in credit, etc.) caused by the Batallion Wars?

1)Is there any specific reason why you decided to embody Redditor shenanigans in a nation?
2) Do you have anything specific in store for your nation's cultural background?

Hello Hamatu:
1) Just fine considering that Tepka/Montserrat is a figment in Nova's imagination. Not very well as their personalities are total opposites. Nova is genuinely a confident and straightforward type, they don't like mind-games like Tepka nor do they care too much for overly fancy comforts. Fitting as it's Nova's mental exercise to imagine themselves as a stereotypical and overtly-feminine spy seductress. Nova's a spy too, but they fly over their objectives on aircraft and snap pictures.

2)I did it for expediency's sake as I had a story thought up but didn't have the time to make my own character designs. I admit I feel a little bad not working with my own imagination but the character is so cute and unsettling that I couldn't help but to shrug it off.

3) A lot of it is UFO lore and mythos, it wrote itself as there is little originality by my part. The "time-travelling 'aliens' " solution to the Fermi Paradox, Roswell and the Majestic 12, Eisenhower or Truman meeting the ayys at Holloman AFB, Area 51's creation, etc.

4) It's the easiest to make as the setting is exactly identical to IRL. No alt-history like Las Palmeras, no schizo-tech Fantasy like Tohorin. I admit that sometimes I have to look up little details, like "what's an airman's salary in 195x" or "how much do groceries cost" or "was interracial marriage legal in Nevada in 195X" or "what was popular on the TV in 195X"?
Last edited by The Saucer Pilots on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Air Domain
Not-Fully-Automated So-So Bi Space "Communism", the nation. Also, responsible for the half-truths around 1950s UFO sightings.
Basics / Nova: Earth's Nanny / Nova's VIPs / Military (?) / Weather Balloon: A Story/ The Men in Black/The Majestic 12: America's real govt.
This nation started as a semi-comical attempt as to reason why supposedly advanced aliens do a lot of convoluted, redundant and outright dumb things in Ufology.

The Lordship of Trokondas
Civilian

Founded: Dec 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lordship of Trokondas » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:42 am

The Saucer Pilots wrote:1)Is there any specific reason why you decided to embody Redditor shenanigans in a nation?
2) Do you have anything specific in store for your nation's cultural background?

1. If Nova ever met Monteserrat or even Tepka, how do you think it'd actually go?
2. I notice you haven't really used any of your own art for this one- I suppose the question here is, how do you feel the use of other peoples' art has impacted the feel of the characters and the nation as a whole? As someone who has only ever used other peoples' art, it feels like that's the point where they start to feel more different than I'd originally perceived them, would you say the same is true for you?
3. What would you say inspired the more solidly sci-fi/alien aspects of The Saucer Pilots? I mean, most of your other nations seem to have a but if underlying ufology in their lore, but it seems a bit more prevalent in this one.
4. This might be a bit of a different one, not really sure, but how would you say lore and general background of The Saucer Pilots compares to Tohorin and LP? Like, are they entirely unrelated aside from the in-universe fiction of Las Palmeras in The Saucer Pilots? Or is there possibly a bit more going on as well?
What caused her to miscarry three times was it just bad genetics or did she have some kind of sickness? For my second question, did Lord Trokondas get mad at his wife for miscarrying?

Thanks for the questions about her! :)
1. Age. Simply put, age. Euphrosyne's mother- who, reminder, potentially had more than three miscarriages- was young. Like, so far below the age of consent that it isn't funny, young- 15 years old, when she gave birth to Euphrosyne. In addition, childbirth was a generally dangerous thing for women, all throughout the pre-Industrial period. So, after that first miscarriage, the fact that she lived as long as she did, had at least two more miscarriages, and three more pregnancies... well, miscarriages would definitely not have been unexpected.
2. As shocking and honestly... well, I'll say creepy, as it might be, Lord Trokondas actually did believe he was in love with his wife- whenever she was pregnant, he was by her side, and whenever she had a miscarriage, he actually grieved. I'm obviously not saying anything particularly positive about him in this regard, as even by the standards of the time, getting someone so young pregnant so many times would've been considered odd and generally immoral.
Last edited by The Lordship of Trokondas on Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take 2 on being active, let's see how it goes!
Alt. of Hamatu
Late Medieval (Set 1239 CE). A Byzantine Successor State. Maybe Magical, Maybe Not. Has Some Indigenous Anatolian Influences
Technically Religiously Syncretic (Byzantine Orthodox Saints - Ancient Anatolian Deities). Not Crusaders (Again, Not Crusaders). But Definitely Character-Oriented (Lord Trokondas/Princess Euphrosyne/Lady Bassaine)

Area 6-Z
Attaché

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Area 6-Z » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:49 pm

I just have two questions regarding Euphrosyne's mother and my question is this.

What caused her to miscarry three times was it just bad genetics or did she have some kind of sickness? For my second question, did Lord Trokondas get mad at his wife for miscarrying?

Kiu Ghesik wrote:When making your rework, what made you go for fantasy over anything else? Do you think that dropping the previous form of Aeritai entirely is a change for the better? What do you find appealing about high fantasy?

Sorry this took long to respond, but to answer your question. I chose fantasy because I just think doing modern nations is boring and when I usually do them I always mess up the political system of said modern nations. With a fantasy nation I don't have to worry about all the different political alignments and it gives me a chance to be more creative.

I also think that reworking Aeritai was for the best, since I didn't enjoy roleplaying as the old Aeritai.
Last edited by Area 6-Z on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet account of Aeritai.
She/Her
Area 6-Z Theme
If my replies are too low effort please do correct me! I'm trying to get back into F7.
My flag is not canon to the Area 6-Z Lore, so PLEASE don't ask about my flag.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:32 pm

Area 6-Z wrote:I just have two questions regarding Euphrosyne's mother and my question is this.

Kiu Ghesik wrote:When making your rework, what made you go for fantasy over anything else? Do you think that dropping the previous form of Aeritai entirely is a change for the better? What do you find appealing about high fantasy?

Sorry this took long to respond, but to answer your question. I chose fantasy because I just think doing modern nations is boring and when I usually do them I always mess up the political system of said modern nations. With a fantasy nation I don't have to worry about all the different political alignments and it gives me a chance to be more creative.

I also think that reworking Aeritai was for the best, since I didn't enjoy roleplaying as the old Aeritai.

While I am assuming that a major influence of your nation's concept was The Last of Us (cuz fungal infections and literally using the same stages of infected as that franchise), are there any other works about zombies that influenced it at all?
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Broader Confederate States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:43 pm

should I set up my own wikis for my other nations? and if so, which service should i use? sorry if i've already asked
President: Phillip J. Morris | Location: Southern U.S., plus Puerto Rico and Alaska | Government Type: Confederation | Year: 2066 | Technology: Oil Crisis MT+ | OOC
haha аляска | Rewrite un-canned, expect it before 2021 March September 2030 maybe. | i honestly forgot basically every interaction i've had on these forums from before like july | We're proud to present...
Witty unattributed quote I'm using to pretend I'm more intelligent than I really am.
--proud to be anti-federalist--

The Independent Republic of Mars
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 16, 2021
Capitalizt

Postby The Independent Republic of Mars » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:33 pm

Was the Alaskan referendum manipulated in any way (to get at that sweet sweet oil), or was it all done completely legitimately and fairly? It seems strange to me that they would willingly be annexed by a nation on the other side of the continent with significant cultural differences.
火星民國 • REPUBLIC OF MARS • ΔΗΜΟΚΡΑΤΊΑ ΤΟΥ ΆΡΗ • मंगल गणराज्य • 火星民国 • REPUBLIKKEN MARS • РЕСПУБЛІКА МАРСА • REPÚBLICA DE MARTE
To learn more, please visit the factbook homepage of the Republic of Mars. This nation is still very much a work in progress, so if you have any questions, spot any inconsistencies or translation errors, or just want me to hurry up and get writing, please send me a telegram and let me know!
NS STATS ARE NOT USED

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:34 pm

Looking forward to the evolution of your nation. What's with the flag? Is it meant to parallel the "Flag of Earth"?

BN (Western Fardelshufflestein): I was having a meltdown last night. Don't worry, I'm fine now.
Last edited by Atheris on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:37 pm

Broader Confederate States wrote:
should I set up my own wikis for my other nations? and if so, which service should i use? sorry if i've already asked

Yeah, if you feel like doing it. I've thought about doing it for Aikoland at some point tbh.

As for service? Well, as much as I'd like to recommend ShoutWiki (since that's I use) because it's free, not overloaded with adverts like Wikia/Fandom (or whatever they call themselves this week, ShoutWiki only has one banner ad at the top of articles), and let's you control who can edit your wiki (for example, with my wiki I set it so that only invited users can edit it AKA 'literally just me' to prevent any vandals or spambots from messing shit up), I honestly can't recommend them because the actual wiki creation feature has been down since November with no ETA of when it's going to come back up.

So instead I'll recommend Miraheze, which is totally free, open source, uses HTTPS for all wikis, and has no adverts. The only downsides I can see with Miraheze are that you cannot make your wiki editable only by invited users (there is a private wiki option, but that just means 'only logged-in users will be able to see it', not 'only certain people can edit it') and you have to request for your wiki to be made, as opposed to ShoutWiki where your wiki was automatically created once you went through the wiki creation feature.

/skip
OOC - Call me Viola
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Broader Confederate States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:09 pm

The Independent Republic of Mars wrote:Was the Alaskan referendum manipulated in any way (to get at that sweet sweet oil), or was it all done completely legitimately and fairly? It seems strange to me that they would willingly be annexed by a nation on the other side of the continent with significant cultural differences.

They were offered quasi-independence (total autonomy but without being an independent state), and at that point there was no North American defense treaty, so they would have been on their own in a war if they were to get into one. The idea to hold a referendum was suggested to them, though.
/skip
President: Phillip J. Morris | Location: Southern U.S., plus Puerto Rico and Alaska | Government Type: Confederation | Year: 2066 | Technology: Oil Crisis MT+ | OOC
haha аляска | Rewrite un-canned, expect it before 2021 March September 2030 maybe. | i honestly forgot basically every interaction i've had on these forums from before like july | We're proud to present...
Witty unattributed quote I'm using to pretend I'm more intelligent than I really am.
--proud to be anti-federalist--

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:11 pm

Atheris wrote:Looking forward to the evolution of your nation. What's with the flag? Is it meant to parallel the "Flag of Earth"?

Are you doing alright? Your sig indicates you are in panic mode...
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:35 pm

Gandoor wrote:
Area 6-Z wrote:I just have two questions regarding Euphrosyne's mother and my question is this.

While I am assuming that a major influence of your nation's concept was The Last of Us (cuz fungal infections and literally using the same stages of infected as that franchise), are there any other works about zombies that influenced it at all?

Nope most of my ideas for Area 6-Z comes from the Last Of Us and Ophiocordyceps unilateralis (A fungus parasite that infects insects.)

/skipme
Last edited by Aeritai on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:10 am

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Atheris wrote:Looking forward to the evolution of your nation. What's with the flag? Is it meant to parallel the "Flag of Earth"?

Are you doing alright? Your sig indicates you are in panic mode...

Who the Hell is Kenneth Branagh and why are you seemingly obsessed with them?

(Yes I know I could just google the first part but no)
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Andocara
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Andocara » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:11 am

Hi Gandoor! What is a yon? How is it different from a state or province? Also can you give examples of the post modern level of electronics technology in Gandoor?

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Andocara wrote:Hi Gandoor! What is a yon? How is it different from a state or province? Also can you give examples of the post modern level of electronics technology in Gandoor?

Which party from Andocara would you vote for if you were a citizen of your nation? And which party would you absolutely hate?
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Andocara wrote:Hi Gandoor! What is a yon? How is it different from a state or province? Also can you give examples of the post modern level of electronics technology in Gandoor?

1. There is no difference between a yon and any other administrative division used in other countries, it's just the specific term I use in Gandoor that canonically comes from a native word that just meant 'region'.

2. There are no examples of PMT electronics tech in Gandoor, Gandoor is only five years ahead of the real world, it's not like 20-30 years post-modern, you know? Just look at anything that's still in early stages of adoption now and yeah that's probably just a bit more common in Gandoor.

/skip
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Socialist Macronesia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Macronesia » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Daarwyrth wrote:

Which party from Andocara would you vote for if you were a citizen of your nation? And which party would you absolutely hate?

1. Pardon my asking, but what's got you coming over to F7 recently? I've noticed you've been more active here when you're usually doing issues and stuff.

2. Do you plan to finish the pseudo-conlang factbook you have?

3. What are you working on right now? Anything special in particular?
Currently in the process of revamping all of my lore, including my signature. It's gonna probably take a while, better make yourself comfortable.

Dengist Fardelshufflestein
Civilian

Founded: Mar 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Dengist Fardelshufflestein » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:55 pm

1. So, how did you exactly find this site? Was it just through pure and simple boredom while surfing on the web or a did a friend tell you about its existence?

2. Do you have any other nations in store somewhere or this is just the only one?

⬱ ⬱ The Republic of Dengist Fardelshufflestein ⬱ ⬱
Raise your head, fellow citizen! Regardless of what the dregs and warmongers of humanity fervently hope, the Republic endures whether they like it or not.
A vast constitutional republic located somewhere in the FT world of Aether. Witches and advanced aircraft down below, scroll down and read you bloody gits!

FenexOrg
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby FenexOrg » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Q1) Are you in fact Velvets Realm? Or are you new here?
Q2) So, why did you make a fardelnation?
Q3) Wait, you're the original Fardel, aren't you?
Q4) What's your favorite nation in the website?
Q5) Feudalist Fardelshufflestein when?

Q) How do you effectively manage and write so many different nations? I'm struggling enough with writer's block for one nation as it is, I can't imagine what it must be like with 8.

A) Crack Cocaine

I just bottled up ideas inside for like 3 years and just released them all in nationstates this year.
Last edited by FenexOrg on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
⋈ It is the year C.C. 4060 and a Storm is Brewing in the Afterlife ⋈
The Fenex Hegemony is an insurgent organization/space fleet that seeks to spreads its ideals by force and move towards overthrowing their Creator Deity. Most of the economy and military is made up of robotic workers and warriors, although human insurgents are commonly deployed in areas where robots either cannot be diverted or simply enter. Currently locked in a three-way war with Heaven and Hell as well as the Loyalists of Toreador.
Voice of the Soul
We are currently having technical difficulties, please stand by...

Lobbyist

Capitalizt

Postby The Independent Republic of Mars » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:40 pm

FenexOrg wrote:-snip-

How do you effectively manage and write so many different nations? I'm struggling enough with writer's block for one nation as it is, I can't imagine what it must be like with 8.

I didn't design the flag myself, I'm unfortunately not that creative. Mario Mimoso created the original, but yes it is based on the International Flag of Planet Earth. I can't seem to find much on the original symbolism behind Mimoso's flag, but for the purposes of this nation, the outer rings on the flag represent the original eight 'arks' that brought colonists to Mars, the ring running through these represents the unity forged by the new Martian culture and identity, and the central ring represents the Red Planet itself.
火星民國 • REPUBLIC OF MARS • ΔΗΜΟΚΡΑΤΊΑ ΤΟΥ ΆΡΗ • मंगल गणराज्य • 火星民国 • REPUBLIKKEN MARS • РЕСПУБЛІКА МАРСА • REPÚBLICA DE MARTE
To learn more, please visit the factbook homepage of the Republic of Mars. This nation is still very much a work in progress, so if you have any questions, spot any inconsistencies or translation errors, or just want me to hurry up and get writing, please send me a telegram and let me know!
NS STATS ARE NOT USED

Menschlicher Sternenstaat
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschlicher Sternenstaat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:53 pm

Are you going to follow some permutation of the Mars-Earth trope like how it is done in the Expanse, or are you planning/already executing an idea well beyond that scope and something more ambitious?

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:27 pm

Since Vera is outside of Earth's sphere of influence what is the relationship between Earth and Vera right now and what do your citizens think about Earth?
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Andocara
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Andocara » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:09 am

Daarwyrth wrote:

I would be a progressive leaning independent so sometimes I would vote Progressive, and other times would remain independent. I wouldn't be fond of the Christian Conservative Party, nor the Neo-Democratic Party.
/skip

Lobbyist

Capitalizt

Postby The Independent Republic of Mars » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:29 pm

Menschlicher Sternenstaat wrote:Are you going to follow some permutation of the Mars-Earth trope like how it is done in the Expanse, or are you planning/already executing an idea well beyond that scope and something more ambitious?

The Expanse is definitely a major inspiration for this nation, as I'm sure you can tell, though I'm not too sure I understand the question all that well. The Expanse likes to highlight a Martian ideal of peerless efficiency and an Earth that is suffering from horrendous overpopulation and climate crises, and these are both themes that I have taken onboard, though with my Mars being successfully terraformed (whether realistically or not) that certainly shifts the dynamic a bit. I'm essentially portraying Mars as an artificially created paradise which is then contrasted with a UN that is practically collapsing under its own weight, though in sticking with the trope there is of course a very strong sense of rivalry between the two. As for something more ambitious, I don't think I have anything else beyond that scope in mind, though I am still writing everything so who knows where I'll end up! I hope that answers your question!

/skip
NS STATS ARE NOT USED

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7