NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Flag Bracket II (Congratulations to Albali!)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 am

Kycci Province (by Onocarcass) defeats Mondeuta and Lybraesil - Alliance Jack (by Vidinaz) 19-6.
Congratulations again, Onocarcass!
Top 128 Match 26
Khoronzon - GIF vs Drongonia - Alternate
Vote for your favorite flag and, if you want, explain your preference in the thread!

Submissions are now completely closed. Updates to existing flags and descriptions are allowed, so long as your flag has not been voted on yet.

Khoronzon - GIF

Drongonia - Alternate

My opinion: While Khoronzon's GIF is certainly interesting, I do feel like the color red is not used particularly well here. I've also never been a fan of using CRT effects to create a futuristic look, but I'm not sure if that's what Khoronzon was going for. Drongonia's alternate gets my vote, as it remains just as strong a flag as it was last time.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Paradeavenlisian States
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradeavenlisian States » Wed May 27, 2020 5:37 am

I'm voting for Drongonia's Alternate Flag because even if we are excluding the fact that Khoronzon's flag is GIF, the red on the flag seems to be a little off-putting(likely either the use or shade of it or both). Drongonia's alternate flag also has a better executed design in my opinion and I prefer their colour scheme.
Last edited by Paradeavenlisian States on Wed May 27, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradiraneami Taihou | ParadeavenlisianStates | ᚚᚐᚏᚐᚇᚔᚏᚐᚅᚓᚐᚋᚔ ᚈᚐᚔᚆᚑᚒ
MAJOR OVERHAUL ONGOING

Vaspelia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspelia » Wed May 27, 2020 10:56 am

Picking Khoro's gif here. The colors of Drongonia's are nice, but the right side feels empty and while i know the usage of the Southern Cross, my point stands.
La Unión de Vaspelia
hispanic savannan directorate with sino-japanese-inspired cultural and philosophical elements. That's the plan.
this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet
but i appreciate TGs, no matter asking about my ideas for vaspelia or just to hang out
no ns stats here brah
The F7-Supremacist Zoomer that the Globalists and Reds warned you about
You may win all debates, but you shall never win happiness
add 1685 posts
you can call me eru baby
in NS since 01/10/2016
listen to this song

Aurevbush
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aurevbush » Wed May 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Drogonia, for the sake of simplicity.
Located on the planet Aramnah as a technological powerhouse in a diverse multispecies sci-fantasy universe (PMT/FT/whatev), Yankeew@nk
Young American male, awkward, metalhead and history buff
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AUREVBUSH
Own Stats, Own Schedule

ACBC: BREAKING: President Len Zorra addresses the nation on the Kali Crisis.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Wed May 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Now I realize why Australia and NZ's flags look pretty. The Southern Cross is a large part of it.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Thu May 28, 2020 5:48 am

Drongonia - Alternate defeats Khoronzon - GIF 19-9.
Drongonia secures yet another place. Khoronzon still has one more chance at the top 64 - Ialvarith will be at vote in match 38.
Top 128 Match 27
The Perpetual Death (by The Perpetual Peace) vs Ensholm (by New Spiedska)
Vote for your favorite flag and, if you want, explain your preference in the thread!

Submissions are now completely closed. Updates to existing flags and descriptions are allowed, so long as your flag has not been voted on yet.

The Perpetual Death

Ensholm

My opinion: Ensholm's flag is simply excellent - good symbolism, colors, and I continue to really like diagonals in flags. Perpetual Death's flag does stand out, but doesn't strike me as particularly strong in design.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Paradeavenlisian States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradeavenlisian States » Thu May 28, 2020 5:57 am

Ensholm's flag has my vote as I prefer their colour scheme and use of symbolism, not to mention their flag has more realism in my opinion. While TDP does have a suitable colour scheme(for the concept seemingly presented) and stands out, the colour scheme does seem to be a little cliche for the theme it seems to be going for and, besides from the centre symbol, doesn't have that much going for it design-wise.
MAJOR OVERHAUL ONGOING

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019

Postby Drongonia » Thu May 28, 2020 6:08 am

I quite like Ensholm's colour scheme so it gets my vote here.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 29, 2020 6:22 am

Ensholm (by New Spiedska) defeats The Perpetual Death (by The Perpetual Peace) 16-7.
Congrats, New Spiedska! Perpetual Peace has three more flags that have yet to be voted on.
Top 128 Match 28
The Ludwigan Empire (by Haruhi Japan) vs Duolin - Honor and Legacy (by Diarcesia)

The Ludwigan Empire

Duolin - Honor and Legacy
Green: The forests and the farmlands
Pale yellow/gold: Milk, honey, and bounties of the land
Dark purple: The people as stewards of nature and keepers of its harmony; honor
Logo: Stylized death mask of its founder. This is a Chinese-themed nation, so this symbol is adopted as a special Chinese character representing it.

My opinion: The adaptation of Super Mario Bros. elements for Ludwigan Empire's flag is somewhat interesting, but definitely needs work in some areas, not to mention the JPEG compression. I really like Duolin's flag. The colors are great and the Chinese character in the center brings it together.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Paradeavenlisian States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradeavenlisian States » Fri May 29, 2020 6:36 am

Well, for the Ludwigan Empire flag, I'm not a huge fan of the JPEG compression and while they do have some unique aspects on their design, the crossbone skull feels a bit unnecessary and a bit off even though its based off the same theme. In addition, the flag has a mediocre colour scheme.

On the other hand, I quite like Duolin's HL flag since the design feels quite crisp in comparison to the alternative and it has a colour scheme that is relatively realistic yet unique and intriguing. Not to mention, the Chinese character at the centre simply tops the design all up and brings it together.

Overall, my vote is on the Duolin's HL flag as the design has a better quality, it has more realism and I have a preference towards the colour scheme and centre symbol.
MAJOR OVERHAUL ONGOING

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 am

Duolin; without prejudice.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019

Postby Drongonia » Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 am

Duolin here. Can't say I'm a fan of either skulls on flags or compression.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri May 29, 2020 7:36 am

I like Duolin better. Everyone likes Duolin better.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Tharlocchia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tharlocchia » Fri May 29, 2020 9:12 am

Can we get an F in chat for Ludwig?

Seriously, though, I don't object to the ideäs here. I think the skull & crossbones could work if they were in a black canton instead of floating haphazardly in the corner, for example; the jpg makes it look pretty bad, but IMO that has nothing to do with whether it's a good flag design or not (although it is very funny).

Just...the placement of those stars is triggering my OCD. They're all ever so slightly misaligned. :blink:
W.I.P, need to finish;
Let ÞK's purple-green diminish
Through anciënt reddit, langs exchanged,
Frequented fora, all blown away.
In-universe, noöne knows what's brewin',
And there's no conworld I can't ruïn
So they call me crazy...psycho....deranged,
But I said sorry, so it's all okay.

Glurponia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Glurponia » Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am

Tharlocchia wrote:placement of those stars is triggering my OCD. They're all ever so slightly misaligned. :blink:

I can't un-see that now, lol

The Tri-Planetary Coalition. A medium power on the galactic stage, with the internal squabbles you might expect from three different species with no shared history at all. It seems to work, however, as our many exports and intellectual wealth fund the highest quality of living this side of Central.
Glurponia uses NS stats and more or less represents my political views. Alternatively, here's my Political Compass

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm

I think my flag is going to lose :(
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Fri May 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Haruhi Japan flag ez dubs
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ Das Neue Haudegen Reich ✠ | Haudegenwave 3: finale d'trilogy
The Vanguards of Terror; a forgotten Wehrmacht unit turned Arctic Redoubt thirsts for a vengeance and the birthright of a homeland. Since 1945, their honour was loyalty.
"Für Führer und Reich, Rückkehr!" | "For Führer and Reich, Return to the Homeland!"
 = Associated Press - August: [...] Four more Westerners flee to Haudegen, this time from Neo-Nazi Circles in the United States. Experts worried as number of defectors to Haudegen increase  [...] 

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Awesomeland012345 wrote:I think my flag is going to lose :(

You never know. Sometimes a round produces very surprising results.

You can withdraw your flag still, if you wish.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:43 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:You can withdraw your flag still, if you wish.

meh, I'll keep it in, because why not.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 pm

I admit that I'm not the best at making flags but I submitted them because I have fun making them. At least my flags are unique though.
"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderful, horrid things."

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Fri May 29, 2020 11:53 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:At least my flags are unique though.

...err, and many others aren't?

Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

mit zuckerguß

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat May 30, 2020 5:58 am

Top 128 Match 28: Duolin - Honor and Legacy (by Diarcesia) defeats The Ludwigan Empire (by Haruhi Japan) 28-2.
Congrats again, Diarcesia!
Top 128 Match 29
True New England Commonwealth (by Dukin Donuts) vs Azorheim (by New Solaurora)

True New England Commonwealth

Azorheim
A fantasy version of Azorztka, a totalitarian state I made a while back. The kingdom of Adelheim was once a pleasant kingdom before being taken over by the Azor Cult. Now the kingdom has become a bleak and blood-thirsty empire ruled by a dark sorcerer.

My opinion: I actually kind of like the stitching effect on Dukin Donuts' flag. Azorheim's flag also has a lot of appeal to its unique design as well. This decision is difficult, but for now I will go with True New England Commonwealth, due to its being simpler and more colorful.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Sat May 30, 2020 6:08 am

TNEC; the symbol in the centre of the other one is a bit too grainy.

Jul 21, 2020

mit zuckerguß

Paradeavenlisian States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradeavenlisian States » Sat May 30, 2020 6:18 am

For Azorheim's flag, I do like the way you have incorporated the chains in your design although I'd say the eye is a bit too detailed and grainy. The flag definitely suits the concept that they are going for as a blood thirsty authoritarian empire.

As for TNEC's flag, I'm not exactly a fan of the stitching effect that you've used. Not entirely sure if its intended to be part of the actual flag design, but, assuming that its not, while I do find the red cross a little generic as its the same as England's, I do, for the most part, enjoy the design as a whole. In addition, while words are usually a big no-no in flags, I will say that the words are used in a very clever way and are in bold which, more or less, suits the nation's concept.

Overall, this is quite hard for me to decide over Azorheim's slight edge of realism or TNEC's colours. However, for the time being, TNEC has my vote since their design is more appealing and has more simplicity to it as well.
MAJOR OVERHAUL ONGOING

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sat May 30, 2020 6:37 am

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Top 128 Match 28: Duolin - Honor and Legacy (by Diarcesia) defeats The Ludwigan Empire (by Haruhi Japan) 28-2.
Congrats again, Diarcesia!

Thanks everyone, and milk for the Khorne flakes!

Azorheim imo has a simpler flag. Overall, TNEC's design is better between two good designs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives