NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Flag Bracket II (Congratulations to Albali!)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hiems
Civilian

Founded: Apr 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiems » Sat May 02, 2020 2:31 pm

Valentine Z wrote:If you have issues with me submitting and taking part in this competition again just because I won the previous one, then I honestly don't know what to say. Seems very petty coming from you, all things considered.

I have to be honest - I don't expect to win for this competition, mainly because I have looked at and seen a lot of really good flags - ones that have nice colors, follow the traditional vexillology, and many more. I am going more for participation because I myself know that after winning the previous contest, it wouldn't be fair for me if my flag(s) (somehow) curb-stomped someone's; I am not coming here to win again. I just have more flags I want to use. Good luck to those that have posted their flags! They are really, really amazing stuff and I love them! ♥

If you have personal issues with me because I blocked you from sending TGs to me, that's on you for having someone who blackmailed me.

@ Cosmic: 6 hours from now, I would like to rethink my involvement in this competition. If I didn't say anything by then, it will move on as follows. I might be thinking about withdrawing from this competition altogether because of that one person who clearly has a personal vendetta against me.

Have a nice day.

Don't you dare to leave, you have won the previous competition and it is your job to maintain that level in this one, we the rest of applicants must be at your level, so feel free to use whatever flag you have.

Vaspelia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspelia » Sat May 02, 2020 2:34 pm

Cosmic, i still have time to submit my entry on the contest?. I want to join up because why not lol
Last edited by Vaspelia on Sat May 02, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Unión de Vaspelia
hispanic savannan directorate with sino-japanese-inspired cultural and philosophical elements. That's the plan.
this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet
but i appreciate TGs, no matter asking about my ideas for vaspelia or just to hang out
no ns stats here brah
The F7-Supremacist Zoomer that the Globalists and Reds warned you about
You may win all debates, but you shall never win happiness
add 1685 posts
you can call me eru baby
in NS since 01/10/2016
listen to this song

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat May 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Valentine Z wrote:If you have issues with me submitting and taking part in this competition again just because I won the previous one, then I honestly don't know what to say. Seems very petty coming from you, all things considered.

I have to be honest - I don't expect to win for this competition, mainly because I have looked at and seen a lot of really good flags - ones that have nice colors, follow the traditional vexillology, and many more. I am going more for participation because I myself know that after winning the previous contest, it wouldn't be fair for me if my flag(s) (somehow) curb-stomped someone's; I am not coming here to win again. I just have more flags I want to use. Good luck to those that have posted their flags! They are really, really amazing stuff and I love them! ♥

If you have personal issues with me because I blocked you from sending TGs to me, that's on you for having someone who blackmailed me.

@ Cosmic: 6 hours from now, I would like to rethink my involvement in this competition. If I didn't say anything by then, it will move on as follows. I might be thinking about withdrawing from this competition altogether because of that one person who clearly has a personal vendetta against me.

Have a nice day.

(Nappon and Vaspelia, I'll get your flags in a sec, but I felt like I should get this dealt with right away.)

Your flags should win or lose on their own merits. I hope that if you do win - which is entirely possible - you win because people actually like your new flags.

You may withdraw if you want. If you do, all flags planned to compete against your flags will be given a Bye and additional spots will open for late submissions. This goes for anyone else who wants to withdraw one or more submissions.

This bracket is supposed to be a fun competition based on the merits of flags, and NOT a battleground for drama from other parts of the site. If it becomes that, I may start disqualifying people. I'm trying to be as inclusive as possible, and if one player doesn't feel welcome because of the actions and comments of another, there is an issue.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat May 02, 2020 2:50 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Your flags should win or lose on their own merits. I hope that if you do win - which is entirely possible - you win because people actually like your new flags.

You may withdraw if you want. If you do, all flags planned to compete against your flags will be given a Bye and additional spots will open for late submissions. This goes for anyone else who wants to withdraw one or more submissions.

This bracket is supposed to be a fun competition based on the merits of flags, and NOT a battleground for drama from other parts of the site. If it becomes that, I may start disqualifying people. I'm trying to be as inclusive as possible, and if one player doesn't feel welcome because of the actions and comments of another, there is an issue.

I suppose I will participate. But I don't like the idea / insinuation that someone thinks I should not be inside just because I won the previous one, or the one who thought it was the same flag without even looking at it properly. It's certainly not high art and not the best, but it's an insult to my effort. But I digress, of course! >< Moving on from this, because I don't think this should overshadow the fun and lighthearted contest...

Thank you for dealing with it, and I am sorry for the problems it caused. I am taking the liberty of ignoring their comments in the meantime; they are clearly someone I unfortunately don't want to associate further with.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat May 02, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat May 02, 2020 2:54 pm

Nappon of Threefold Riches: Accepted, including the meaning! You've been matched against South Reinkalistan's main flag.
Vaspelia: Yes, you may! For now I've added your main flag to the OP - please tell me if that wasn't what you intended to submit, or if you wanted to include a description. You've been matched against Paradeavenlistan States' main flag.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Sat May 02, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Vaspelia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspelia » Sat May 02, 2020 3:14 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Vaspelia: Yes, you may! For now I've added your main flag to the OP - please tell me if that wasn't what you intended to submit, or if you wanted to include a description. You've been matched against Paradeavenlistan States' main flag.

Excellent, i'm not going to participate with Vaspelia's flag, but with -United Republic of Freedonia's.
ImageUp the Snake! (thank you almonaster to make the snake's eye red when i didn't even asked you to do that, it's fucking metal)
La Unión de Vaspelia
hispanic savannan directorate with sino-japanese-inspired cultural and philosophical elements. That's the plan.
this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet
but i appreciate TGs, no matter asking about my ideas for vaspelia or just to hang out
no ns stats here brah
The F7-Supremacist Zoomer that the Globalists and Reds warned you about
You may win all debates, but you shall never win happiness
add 1685 posts
you can call me eru baby
in NS since 01/10/2016
listen to this song

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat May 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Vaspelia wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Vaspelia: Yes, you may! For now I've added your main flag to the OP - please tell me if that wasn't what you intended to submit, or if you wanted to include a description. You've been matched against Paradeavenlistan States' main flag.

Excellent, i'm not going to participate with Vaspelia's flag, but with -United Republic of Freedonia's.
ImageUp the Snake! (thank you almonaster to make the snake's eye red when i didn't even asked you to do that, it's fucking metal)

Great, accepted!
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Tharlocchia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tharlocchia » Sat May 02, 2020 3:27 pm

I apologize if this is already written somewhere and/or obvious to most people, but how long is the voting period for each matchup?
W.I.P, need to finish;
Let ÞK's purple-green diminish
Through anciënt reddit, langs exchanged,
Frequented fora, all blown away.
In-universe, noöne knows what's brewin',
And there's no conworld I can't ruïn
So they call me crazy...psycho....deranged,
But I said sorry, so it's all okay.

Greenwichian Arcadia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greenwichian Arcadia » Sat May 02, 2020 3:47 pm

I've heard it's 24 hours, but it's better to wait for the info first-hand.
US, Canada, obscure sci-fi plus weird sports = this.
NS stats are used (for now). Population is 231M.
Refer to canon NS policies when in doubt.
Set 50 years ago with 2020 tech.
A 6/0/5/16 nation.
Intgaming
ÆEEAADS!
[free space]
What I wish is totally irrelevant, what people wish really matters.
—Nicole Greenwich, the first PotC.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat May 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Tharlocchia wrote:I apologize if this is already written somewhere and/or obvious to most people, but how long is the voting period for each matchup?

24 hours, give or take four hours depending on any personal things of mine.

Also, update for everyone: the mods have thankfully archived the previous bracket!
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Sat May 02, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Sat May 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:
Greater Cosmicium wrote:Oh god, we haven't even finished the first match yet and the drama is already stirring...

This is nothing new. Valentine Z always accuses me of plotting against her when I am clearly just trying to keep the contest interesting.

honestly I don't know why you're even worried, this flag of yours seems like a clear winner to me
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ Das Neue Haudegen Reich ✠ | Haudegenwave 3: finale d'trilogy
The Vanguards of Terror; a forgotten Wehrmacht unit turned Arctic Redoubt thirsts for a vengeance and the birthright of a homeland. Since 1945, their honour was loyalty.
"Für Führer und Reich, Rückkehr!" | "For Führer and Reich, Return to the Homeland!"
 = Associated Press - August: [...] Four more Westerners flee to Haudegen, this time from Neo-Nazi Circles in the United States. Experts worried as number of defectors to Haudegen increase  [...] 

New Spiedska
Attaché

Founded: Mar 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Spiedska » Sat May 02, 2020 4:16 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:
Greater Cosmicium wrote:Oh god, we haven't even finished the first match yet and the drama is already stirring...

This is nothing new. Valentine Z always accuses me of plotting against her when I am clearly just trying to keep the contest interesting.

No, dude. You don't keep the contest "interesting" by shaming people just for winning in a fucking fictional flag contest in an online browser game. You don't keep the contest "competitive" by trying to guilt people into leaving. This is not how this works. You are getting mad because someone decided to re-apply to, I reiterate, a fictional flag contest in an online browser game. If this is the kind of shit you get mad about, I ask you that you spend your time somewhere else, because you aren't being civil and this contest doesn't need your drama and negativity.

To Cosmic: I'm sorry, but this was something I had to get out of my chest
★ Storyline and Characters ★
President Amanda K. Miller
My AO3 profile
| <コ:彡 The Federal Republic of New Spiedska <コ:彡 |
Many years ago, atom bombs flew across the Earth like metallic, deadly birds that would bring plague and destruction all over the globe. A nation that has historically stood in the face of adversity, New Spiedska finds herself re-born; However, to her dismay, her longlife sister-in-arms, the United States of America, suffered a much worse fate under the tides of anarchy and balkanization. Despite the loss of her ally, she will not falter; for she will ensure Liberty for All.

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Sat May 02, 2020 4:29 pm

New Spiedska wrote:
Haruhi Japan wrote:This is nothing new. Valentine Z always accuses me of plotting against her when I am clearly just trying to keep the contest interesting.

No, dude. You don't keep the contest "interesting" by shaming people just for winning in a fucking fictional flag contest in an online browser game. You don't keep the contest "competitive" by trying to guilt people into leaving. This is not how this works. You are getting mad because someone decided to re-apply to, I reiterate, a fictional flag contest in an online browser game. If this is the kind of shit you get mad about, I ask you that you spend your time somewhere else, because you aren't being civil and this contest doesn't need your drama and negativity.

chill bro its not that serious
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
The Vanguards of Terror; a forgotten Wehrmacht unit turned Arctic Redoubt thirsts for a vengeance and the birthright of a homeland. Since 1945, their honour was loyalty.
"Für Führer und Reich, Rückkehr!" | "For Führer and Reich, Return to the Homeland!"
 = Associated Press - August: [...] Four more Westerners flee to Haudegen, this time from Neo-Nazi Circles in the United States. Experts worried as number of defectors to Haudegen increase  [...] 

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Sat May 02, 2020 4:33 pm

New Spiedska wrote:
Haruhi Japan wrote:This is nothing new. Valentine Z always accuses me of plotting against her when I am clearly just trying to keep the contest interesting.

Look, I don't have a problem with Valentine Z running. I HAD a problem with her animated flag because it is essentially the same except for some more colors at the end. This flag already won last time so I thought it would be fair if she had to submit a different flag or any other flag really besides the one that won last contest. I am trying to keep the contest original and unique with new submissions, that's why all of mine are different but I won't hold it against someone if they want to submit the same flag again. The only reason I had a problem with Val's flag as like I said, the flag that she used already won which in my opinion should exclude it from the contest but if Cosmic is okay with it then so be it. I'm done talking about this.
Last edited by Haruhi Japan on Sat May 02, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderful, horrid things."

New Spiedska
Attaché

Founded: Mar 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Spiedska » Sat May 02, 2020 4:33 pm

Haudegen Reich wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:No, dude. You don't keep the contest "interesting" by shaming people just for winning in a fucking fictional flag contest in an online browser game. You don't keep the contest "competitive" by trying to guilt people into leaving. This is not how this works. You are getting mad because someone decided to re-apply to, I reiterate, a fictional flag contest in an online browser game. If this is the kind of shit you get mad about, I ask you that you spend your time somewhere else, because you aren't being civil and this contest doesn't need your drama and negativity.

chill bro its not that serious

I won't argue further, just know that attacking someone for participating isn't something that flies well with me. If you want to comment about me further, do so in TGs or don't at all. Have a good day! :)
★ Storyline and Characters ★
President Amanda K. Miller
My AO3 profile
| <コ:彡 The Federal Republic of New Spiedska <コ:彡 |
Many years ago, atom bombs flew across the Earth like metallic, deadly birds that would bring plague and destruction all over the globe. A nation that has historically stood in the face of adversity, New Spiedska finds herself re-born; However, to her dismay, her longlife sister-in-arms, the United States of America, suffered a much worse fate under the tides of anarchy and balkanization. Despite the loss of her ally, she will not falter; for she will ensure Liberty for All.

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Sat May 02, 2020 4:36 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:No, dude. You don't keep the contest "interesting" by shaming people just for winning in a fucking fictional flag contest in an online browser game. You don't keep the contest "competitive" by trying to guilt people into leaving. This is not how this works. You are getting mad because someone decided to re-apply to, I reiterate, a fictional flag contest in an online browser game. If this is the kind of shit you get mad about, I ask you that you spend your time somewhere else, because you aren't being civil and this contest doesn't need your drama and negativity.

Look, I don't have a problem with Valentine Z running. I HAD a problem with her animated flag because it is essentially the same except for some more colors at the end. This flag already won last time so I thought it would be fair if she had to submit a different flag or any other flag really besides the one that won last contest. I am trying to keep the contest original and unique with new submissions, that's why all of mine are different but I won't hold it against someone if they want to submit the same flag again. The only reason I had a problem with Val's flag as like I said, the flag that she used already won which in my opinion should exclude it from the contest but if Cosmic is okay with it then so be it. I'm done talking about this.

im not even joking im voting for your flag, i would've made it mine if i didnt have this catgirl thing eating it atm
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Sat May 02, 2020 4:37 pm

Haudegen Reich wrote:
Haruhi Japan wrote:Look, I don't have a problem with Valentine Z running. I HAD a problem with her animated flag because it is essentially the same except for some more colors at the end. This flag already won last time so I thought it would be fair if she had to submit a different flag or any other flag really besides the one that won last contest. I am trying to keep the contest original and unique with new submissions, that's why all of mine are different but I won't hold it against someone if they want to submit the same flag again. The only reason I had a problem with Val's flag as like I said, the flag that she used already won which in my opinion should exclude it from the contest but if Cosmic is okay with it then so be it. I'm done talking about this.

im not even joking im voting for your flag, i would've made it mine if i didnt have this catgirl thing eating it atm

Happy to hear! :)
"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderful, horrid things."

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat May 02, 2020 4:43 pm

Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat May 02, 2020 4:44 pm

Yes, I noticed that! It's great to know that it will not be lost to time.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Aurevbush
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aurevbush » Sat May 02, 2020 4:44 pm

Drama is heretical. Let's keep it a clean competition, bois.

Also, nice color scheme, Paradeavenlisian!
Located on the planet Aramnah as a technological powerhouse in a diverse multispecies sci-fantasy universe (PMT/FT/whatev), Yankeew@nk
Young American male, awkward, metalhead and history buff
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AUREVBUSH
Own Stats, Own Schedule

ACBC: No Signal

The Perpetual Peace
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Perpetual Peace » Sat May 02, 2020 4:58 pm

Let’s keep it clean guys and enjoy the contest!
Kingdom of The Perpetual Peace

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sat May 02, 2020 5:29 pm

I'm also submitting TEP's flag for use.
I'll also submit Fedele's flag for this run.
Allthough I never used or made either flag,I'll run em anyways.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat May 02, 2020 5:32 pm

Newark Aristocracy wrote:I'm also submitting TEP's flag for use.
I'll also submit Fedele's flag for this run.
Allthough I never used or made either flag,I'll run em anyways.

I'll put them under a separate section, since the user and creator deserve the rewards at the end and not you for just submitting them.

If Fedele's user (assuming they aren't you) or any TEP official objects to this, I will have to remove them, of course.

Edit: Fedele is matched against Pencil Sharpeners 2, TEP is matched against Greater Cosmicium's Star-Flame Eagle.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Sat May 02, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Sat May 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I suppose I will participate. But I don't like the idea / insinuation that someone thinks I should not be inside just because I won the previous one, or the one who thought it was the same flag without even looking at it properly. It's certainly not high art and not the best, but it's an insult to my effort. But I digress, of course! >< Moving on from this, because I don't think this should overshadow the fun and lighthearted contest...

Val, don't worry about it! I was more than happy to lose to you last time and I'm sure anyone who makes it into the finals will understand that the two flags (whoever they are) deserve to be there since the people voted for them.
Last edited by Drongonia on Sat May 02, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sun May 03, 2020 5:05 am

Paradeavenlistan States - Alternate defeats Tor'bana'ing (by Voxija) 38-6.
A nice and large turnout to start off our new competition! Congratulations to Paradeavenlistan States. Voxija still has two more submissions that can still advance.

Top 128 Match 2
Alanis Star (by Valentine Z) vs Velosia

Vote for your favorite flag and, if you want, explain your preference in the thread!

For those who still want to submit, there is one spot still open (another 2 are reserved for Astoria). Updates to existing flags and descriptions are allowed, so long as your flag has not been voted on yet.

Alanis Star
The current flag of my second oldest puppet, just right after Valentine Z being my first.

Kingdom of Velosia
A simple tricolour, defaced with the lesser arms of the Kingdom of Velosia. From left to right, the individual colours represent the blue sea of the Velosian Isles, the iconic Velosian tidal beaches and the expansive autumnal forests that once covered the archipelago. Atop the shield is the royal crown of Velosia, worn by Velosian monarchs for almost a millennia. Prominent upon the shield itself is the golden lion of Ryburt de Callian, the personal standard of the foreign conqueror who subdued Velosia and founded the current Velosian royal house. The quartered design underneath comprises the green and grey banner of the House of Callian and the burgundy lion of the Kingdom of Sutharic, holding the golden war axe of the Kingdom of Ethalund (both of which were powerful pre-conquest states during the petty kingdoms period). Finally, the sailing ship underneath represents the nation's great seafaring tradition.

My opinion: This one, I actually changed my mind on. Velosia's flag is a tricolor with excellent color choice and an unusually good coat of arms, but Alanis Star has great design. I think Alanis Star deserves the victory here - it's less of a traditional flag than Velosia's, but that only adds to the unique aspects of it.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Sun May 03, 2020 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives