NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Flag Bracket II (Congratulations to Albali!)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nathan Holn
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nathan Holn » Fri May 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Awesomeland012345 wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Awesomeland012345 (edit): Accepted, however I recommend uploading your flag elsewhere.

I'm using a school issued computer, so some (a lot) of websites are blocked. This is the best that I can do. But don't worry, I rarely change my flag.
EDIT: if I do submit more flags, I'll just make puppet nations and slap them there

Use imgbb.com for image hosting
“There is only one penalty - DEATH

Third ZSeparatists
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Third ZSeparatists » Fri May 01, 2020 12:13 pm

I'll use a flag for my joint puppet Atheist Democratic Freehold (with The Allied Tribe), and some others.

Image (can be removed)

Edit: I am just doing this to make it go faster.
Last edited by Third ZSeparatists on Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The big (not) gay

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Third ZSeparatists wrote:I'll use a flag for my joint puppet Atheist Democratic Freehold (with The Allied Tribe), and some others.

(Image) (can be removed)

Accepting those, although with regard to Zaiapsol: it's allowed, but probably not likely to win.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Third ZSeparatists
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Third ZSeparatists » Fri May 01, 2020 12:21 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:
Third ZSeparatists wrote:I'll use a flag for my joint puppet Atheist Democratic Freehold (with The Allied Tribe), and some others.

(Image) (can be removed)

Accepting those, although with regard to Zaiapsol: it's allowed, but probably not likely to win.

I know. :(
The big (not) gay

Vidinaz
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vidinaz » Fri May 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Yes! It's that time again! This time, I shall endeavor to not be eliminated so early! I aim for the finals!

For the record, yes, it's me Renascento. I'll be submitting my puppets' flags this time around. Hopefully they'd garner more votes than before.

Link

The Vermillion Sky is colored in the traditional colors of Sahyun, which is red and gold. The four crescent moons and the eight-pointed star in the middle represents the sky and the void beyond, the dominion of Sahyun's god Averro. The landed crested ibis is one of the animals associated with the deity, aside from the fiery phoenix, and represents earned experience and wisdom.

Link

Despite being a province of Sahyun, the distance between the two is vast enough to render Fars a nation-state in all but name. As such, their flag were designed by the Farsians themselves, with references to their masters. The crescents and star reference the god the two shared, and in the center is the Sinaean character for 'East', which points to their role as the gate between the western and eastern nations. White represent the sky, blue represent the sea, and green the fertile plains Farsian civilization was built upon.

Link

Mondeuta and Lybraesil is an isolationist country, so much so that most people outside their borders often conflate the two, which wasn't helped any by the two nations' alliance. They are represented by the two crests in the middle: the Tower and the ermine Tree. The blues and blacks that surround them allude to the mountains that surround them and the rivers that snake through these peaks. The light grey symbolize Mondeuta's worship of the moon, while green is the same for Lybraesil and their forest spirits.

Link

The star and the wheel are important icons within Vidinese/Vidkvndan culture. Astrology is a hallowed occupation much the same as clergy, its importance lying in religion and navigation. Their gods were represented by the stars, both far and near, and the people of yore used the stars to determine their location and important events. The wheel symbolize Vidinese civilization itself and its constant march towards the future. Blue symbolize the sea and the void beyond. White symbolize the firmament that protects earthen life from the cold, endless void. Yellow alludes to gold - which then represent the eternal pursuit of Vidinaz's prosperity, and Red represents the sun and the warmth it brought.

In universe, this is the modernized version of the original flag.
Please remember it's spelt as Wid (as in "width"), not Vid (as in "video").
The factbooks are preparing. Please wait warmly.
I like worldbuilding. Do you?
THECROWNEDREPUBLICOFVIDINAZ
We are born by the waters, made men by the waters, and we die by the waters
Capital/Largest City: Kaelosfeld | Religion: Polytheism | Language: Weyd, Koine | Demonym: Vidkvnde/Vidinese | Currency: Gelt

An archipelagic crowned republic located in a faraway planet named Irdran. Known for its age, dyes, liquor and rivalry with a fellow superpower.
Past Tech, Modern Tech, and Fantasy Tech. Based off of various imperial and island nations, the Greeks, the US, and the PIE.

VDN.gov.en | Themes | Meta stuff | Alt Names | Original sig | Tech level

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 1:15 pm

Vidinaz wrote:Yes! It's that time again! This time, I shall endeavor to not be eliminated so early! I aim for the finals!

For the record, yes, it's me Renascento. I'll be submitting my puppets' flags this time around. Hopefully they'd garner more votes than before.

Link

The Vermillion Sky is colored in the traditional colors of Sahyun, which is red and gold. The four crescent moons and the eight-pointed star in the middle represents the sky and the void beyond, the dominion of Sahyun's god Averro. The landed crested ibis is one of the animals associated with the deity, aside from the fiery phoenix, and represents earned experience and wisdom.

Link

Despite being a province of Sahyun, the distance between the two is vast enough to render Fars a nation-state in all but name. As such, their flag were designed by the Farsians themselves, with references to their masters. The crescents and star reference the god the two shared, and in the center is the Sinaean character for 'East', which points to their role as the gate between the western and eastern nations. White represent the sky, blue represent the sea, and green the fertile plains Farsian civilization was built upon.

Link

Mondeuta and Lybraesil is an isolationist country, so much so that most people outside their borders often conflate the two, which wasn't helped any by the two nations' alliance. They are represented by the two crests in the middle: the Tower and the ermine Tree. The blues and blacks that surround them allude to the mountains that surround them and the rivers that snake through these peaks. The light grey symbolize Mondeuta's worship of the moon, while green is the same for Lybraesil and their forest spirits.

Link

The star and the wheel are important icons within Vidinese/Vidkvndan culture. Astrology is a hallowed occupation much the same as clergy, its importance lying in religion and navigation. Their gods were represented by the stars, both far and near, and the people of yore used the stars to determine their location and important events. The wheel symbolize Vidinese civilization itself and its constant march towards the future. Blue symbolize the sea and the void beyond. White symbolize the firmament that protects earthen life from the cold, endless void. Yellow alludes to gold - which then represent the eternal pursuit of Vidinaz's prosperity, and Red represents the sun and the warmth it brought.

In universe, this is the modernized version of the original flag.

Vidinaz "Star of Discovery" is accepted - for the others, my new rule in this bracket is that they have to be a size that can be embedded (under 1800px squared).

(Also, the inclusion of a token in Vidinaz' URL indicates to me that there may be issues with it in the future - so expect some telegrams about that.)
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Vidinaz
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vidinaz » Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Vidinaz "Star of Discovery" is accepted - for the others, my new rule in this bracket is that they have to be a size that can be embedded (under 1800px squared).

(Also, the inclusion of a token in Vidinaz' URL indicates to me that there may be issues with it in the future - so expect some telegrams about that.)

Ah dammit. Gimme a minute.

And by token, you mean it being somebody else's work, right? Yeah, that's not me. I can't make something that detailed, not on Paint, not on CorelDraw. I'll look out for your TGs anyhow.
Last edited by Vidinaz on Fri May 01, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please remember it's spelt as Wid (as in "width"), not Vid (as in "video").
The factbooks are preparing. Please wait warmly.
I like worldbuilding. Do you?
THECROWNEDREPUBLICOFVIDINAZ
We are born by the waters, made men by the waters, and we die by the waters
Capital/Largest City: Kaelosfeld | Religion: Polytheism | Language: Weyd, Koine | Demonym: Vidkvnde/Vidinese | Currency: Gelt

An archipelagic crowned republic located in a faraway planet named Irdran. Known for its age, dyes, liquor and rivalry with a fellow superpower.
Past Tech, Modern Tech, and Fantasy Tech. Based off of various imperial and island nations, the Greeks, the US, and the PIE.

VDN.gov.en | Themes | Meta stuff | Alt Names | Original sig | Tech level

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 1:40 pm

Vidinaz wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Vidinaz "Star of Discovery" is accepted - for the others, my new rule in this bracket is that they have to be a size that can be embedded (under 1800px squared).

Ah dammit. Gimme a minute.

And by token, you mean it being somebody else's work, right? Yeah, that's not me. I can't make something that detailed, not on Paint, not on CorelDraw. I'll look out for your TGs anyhow.

Actually, by "token" I meant a special part of the URL that is sometimes used to limit access to a file to certain people (meaning, those who have the URL.) Sometimes tokens will "expire" and the URL breaks. Most likely this is just me geeking out and nothing will happen.

I'm fine with it not being yours as long as the original artists don't come after either of us with a cease-and-desist.

Your other flags have been accepted!
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Glurponia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Glurponia » Fri May 01, 2020 2:02 pm

If we're expanding it to 128 flags, I may as well put in a third submission!

https://i.postimg.cc/fR0DGF9z/austro-hungarian-moon-colony.png

Flag of the Six Lunar Duchies. What if Austria-Hungary lasted into the 2200's and had permanent moon colonies- one for each member state?

The Tri-Planetary Coalition. A medium power on the galactic stage, with the internal squabbles you might expect from three different species with no shared history at all. It seems to work, however, as our many exports and intellectual wealth fund the highest quality of living this side of Central.
Glurponia uses NS stats and more or less represents my political views. Alternatively, here's my Political Compass

Greenwichian Arcadia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greenwichian Arcadia » Fri May 01, 2020 2:05 pm

I'll go with my current flag.

Taken from the factbook.

• The white stands for sincerity, defiance, dazzling integrity and determination to uphold these ideals.
  • The green stands for constructive approach, hope, free thought, natural beauty and possibly for eco-friendliness.
  • The compass emblem, possibly designed by Greenwich herself, reminiscent of both the cartographer's rose and Polaris, represents the hope and dedication of Arcadian people to chart and pave the way to the new world of Reason, Progress and Freedom.
Last edited by Greenwichian Arcadia on Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
US, Canada, obscure sci-fi plus weird sports = this.
NS stats are used (for now). Population is 231M.
Refer to canon NS policies when in doubt.
Set 50 years ago with 2020 tech.
A 6/0/5/16 nation.
Intgaming
ÆEEAADS!
[free space]
What I wish is totally irrelevant, what people wish really matters.
—Nicole Greenwich, the first PotC.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Glurponia: Accepted!
Greenwichian Arcadia: Also accepted!

We're getting very close to the 96 flag threshold, after which each submission will make the bracket longer.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:26 pm

Because who doesn't love pandas?

EDIT: And here's a smaller version if needed
Last edited by Pencil Sharpeners 2 on Fri May 01, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:Because who doesn't love pandas?

I seriously wasn't expecting you to post in F7, let alone participate in my competition! Always admired you for your various puppets and their NS stats, and a really cool GenSec campaign.

Size is okay, I can still embed it. I will gladly accept your submission!
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Fri May 01, 2020 2:56 pm

As promised, here are my submissions.
Image - Haruhi Japan New Flag
Image - Flag for a roleplay region I made
Image - The flag for my puppet The Ludwigan Empire
Image - The Regional Triumvirate's flag
Last edited by Haruhi Japan on Fri May 01, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderful, horrid things."

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Fri May 01, 2020 3:03 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:As promised, here are my submissions.
https://i.imgur.com/GiKCsl8.jpg - Haruhi Japan New Flag
https://i.imgur.com/QFk5IKB.jpg - Flag for a roleplay region I made
https://i.imgur.com/9UjOuV5.jpg - The flag for my puppet The Ludwigan Empire
https://i.imgur.com/CBVb5eK.jpg - The Regional Triumvirate's flag

what the fuck is that second "flag"
Last edited by Haudegen Reich on Fri May 01, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ Das Neue Haudegen Reich ✠ | Haudegenwave 3: finale d'trilogy
The Vanguards of Terror; a forgotten Wehrmacht unit turned Arctic Redoubt thirsts for a vengeance and the birthright of a homeland. Since 1945, their honour was loyalty.
"Für Führer und Reich, Rückkehr!" | "For Führer and Reich, Return to the Homeland!"
 = Associated Press - August: [...] Four more Westerners flee to Haudegen, this time from Neo-Nazi Circles in the United States. Experts worried as number of defectors to Haudegen increase  [...] 

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 pm

Three of those are accepted. The roleplay region one is too large (must be less than 1800x1800 due to NS embed rules).

Now this competition is officially at least three months long.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Fri May 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Three of those are accepted. The roleplay region one is too large (must be less than 1800x1800 due to NS embed rules).

Officially, now this competition is at least three months long, btw.

Check again, I resized all of them.
"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderful, horrid things."

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:Because who doesn't love pandas?

I seriously wasn't expecting you to post in F7, let alone participate in my competition! Always admired you for your various puppets and their NS stats, and a really cool GenSec campaign.

Size is okay, I can still embed it. I will gladly accept your submission!

Aww, thank you! <3
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 3:09 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Three of those are accepted. The roleplay region one is too large (must be less than 1800x1800 due to NS embed rules).

Officially, now this competition is at least three months long, btw.

Check again, I resized all of them.

All accepted, then!
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Haudegen Reich wrote:

what the fuck is that second "flag"

It's called being 'unique'.

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:Check again, I resized all of them.

All accepted, then!

Yay!! :lol:

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Fri May 01, 2020 3:14 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:
Haudegen Reich wrote:what the fuck is that second "flag"

It's called being 'unique'.

its called giving me a damn heart attack
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
The Vanguards of Terror; a forgotten Wehrmacht unit turned Arctic Redoubt thirsts for a vengeance and the birthright of a homeland. Since 1945, their honour was loyalty.
"Für Führer und Reich, Rückkehr!" | "For Führer and Reich, Return to the Homeland!"
 = Associated Press - August: [...] Four more Westerners flee to Haudegen, this time from Neo-Nazi Circles in the United States. Experts worried as number of defectors to Haudegen increase  [...] 

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Fri May 01, 2020 3:18 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:(Image) - Flag for a roleplay region I made

ooooohmygod what is thhhhat :blink: :blink: :blink:
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Fri May 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Haudegen Reich wrote:
Haruhi Japan wrote:It's called being 'unique'.

its called giving me a damn heart attack

I take it that you recently got out of the hospital?

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Fri May 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Haruhi Japan wrote:
Haudegen Reich wrote:its called giving me a damn heart attack

I take it that you recently got out of the hospital?

after seeing that flag im gonna be stuck in one
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives