NATION

PASSWORD

[NS Parliament RP] Social Democratic Party

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

[NS Parliament RP] Social Democratic Party

Postby East Meranopirus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:21 am

Image
Social Democratic Party

Part of the Liberal-Green Alliance

Party Abbreviation: SDP
Party Colors: Orange, purple, green


Full Party Platform:
The Social Democratic Party seeks to implement a social democracy in the nation similar to that of the Scandinavian countries, including Sweden. Its key policy is the implementation of a universal basic income for all adult citizens in the place of most welfare programs. The party also supports a wealth tax on the richest citizens. In social issues, the party is liberal, supporting LGBT rights, feminism movements and decriminalization of drug possession. In terms of economics, the SDP seeks to keep tariffs low and increase international trade, and recognize the right of workers to unionize, though do not support any union movements. The party welcomes immigration as a way to strengthen the nation's economy and culture, as well as refugees and asylum seekers. In environmental issues, the party advocates for action on climate change, especially in seeking renewable energy sources, and supports the use of nuclear energy. In government issues, the SDP supports e-democracy and more direct involvement of citizens in government, but also some ideas of technocracy in technical fields of the government. The party also has strong beliefs in scientific research, and supports more government funding on all types of research, but especially on energy and automation.

Party Constitution: Writing process underway


Leadership:
Chairman:East Meranopirus (Albin Lundberg)
Leaders:East Meranopirus (Albin Lundberg); Kowani (Dorgival R. Seč)

Ideology Summary:
Social democracy
Social liberalism
Economic liberalism
E-democracy
Environmentalism
Globalism

Last edited by East Meranopirus on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13259
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:00 am

Oh, here it is!
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:37 am

The Social Democratic Party has joined the Liberal-Green Alliance, now the largest party alliance in Parliament.

The Party also stands behind the Universal Basic Education Act, authored by its honourable member, Dorgival R. Seč (Kowani).
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Our party is now four-member strong!

Party members and other MPs, please feel free to discuss and ask questions about our party's agenda here.
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
Democratic Republic of Eiria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 158
Founded: May 07, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic Republic of Eiria » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:19 am

Hello Everyone! I'm the New member of the party, and I hope I get to know all of you great people better! Also, I did post my Representative in the Database. What did you guys use for pics there?
Last edited by Democratic Republic of Eiria on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We unite under one banner, a banner of Justice, a banner of Truth. Long Live Democracy, Long Live Eiria, and, Most of all, Long Live The People!"
- Chancellor William Lancaster's Inauguration Speech

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:32 am

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:Hello Everyone! I'm the New member of the party, and I hope I get to know all of you great people better! Also, I did post my Representative in the Database. What did you guys use for pics there?

Generic pictures, I guess. I got mine from a website called https://thispersondoesnotexist.com, which uses AI to generate pictures of people.
Last edited by East Meranopirus on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
Democratic Republic of Eiria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 158
Founded: May 07, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic Republic of Eiria » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:18 am

What do you guys think of Dormil and Stitura's Constitution?
"We unite under one banner, a banner of Justice, a banner of Truth. Long Live Democracy, Long Live Eiria, and, Most of all, Long Live The People!"
- Chancellor William Lancaster's Inauguration Speech

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51896
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Hey just wondering can I be the party whip?
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Democratic Republic of Eiria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 158
Founded: May 07, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic Republic of Eiria » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Also, I'm working on a Customs and Immigration bill, and would like your input before it goes to the office.
"We unite under one banner, a banner of Justice, a banner of Truth. Long Live Democracy, Long Live Eiria, and, Most of all, Long Live The People!"
- Chancellor William Lancaster's Inauguration Speech

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13259
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:14 pm

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:Also, I'm working on a Customs and Immigration bill, and would like your input before it goes to the office.

Yeah, sure. Just post the bill here, and I’l take a look at it.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:40 pm

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:What do you guys think of Dormil and Stitura's Constitution?

The Constitution seems good, some other people are examining it more closely, and I'm happy to let them do the work.
Thermodolia wrote:Hey just wondering can I be the party whip?

I'm not really even sure about party positions yet. I made Kowani joint leader because he was first to join, but other than that I'm not sure how many and what leadership positions we need.
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
Democratic Republic of Eiria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 158
Founded: May 07, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic Republic of Eiria » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Customs And Immigration Act
Author: John De Clairmont


An Act on International Travel, Immigration, and Asylum.

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:



§1 -On Customs
  1. "Customs" shall be defined as any added security at legal points of entry for people who are internationally traveling
  2. Forms the Customs and Immigration Commission, a subdepartment of the Ministry of State, that determines if a potential immigrant would serve as a good citizen, distribute Visas, Naturalize immigrants, determine what additional papers are needed to pass customs, and helps immigrants find jobs and be good, working citizens.
  3. A person must have at minimum, a valid passport to pass through customs. The Customs and Immigration Commission may require additional papers at their discretion, such as an entry permit or work pass, as long as it is not unfairly discriminating against people of a certain demographic.
  4. Customs inspectors must be legally trained by the Customs and Immigration Commission to be able to work.
  5. All legal points of entry Customs must have available papers to apply for asylum and Immigration.

§2 - On Immigration and Asylum
  1. Immigration inspectors will be hired.as employees of The Customs and Immigration Commission, and will determine if potential immigrants receive Citizen status. Immigration Inspectors will receive training by their employees, and may not discriminate against people of any demographic.
  2. Potential Immigrants must fill out a form, titled J-459, which requires the applicants Full name, Date of Birth, Dates of marriage and Divorce, any Family members already in Saint Hilda, any family members or friends joining them as immigrants, previous employment, and Education. Inspectors will perform a background check to see criminal record as well. People applying for dual citizenship will have to go under further inspections from both nations.
  3. People may apply for Asylum if they are in danger in their home country. While someone's application is processing, they enter a state fittingly known as "Limbo" as Asylum councils in the Customs and Immigration Commission discuss their fate. While in Limbo, a person is temporarily exempt from foreign investigations, however the Asylum councils withhold the right to undo that immunity. If granted asylum, that person retains the foreign criminal immunity and receives housing from the government.

§3 - The Customs and Immigration Commission
  1. As stated in sections one and two, the Customs and Immigration Commission presides over foreign entry, immigration, and asylum. As such, the Commission has three branches: Customs, Immigration, and Asylum.
  2. The Customs Branch consists of Customs Inspectors, Inspector Trainers, and Overseers. The inspectors manage the flow of international transit, the Trainers train the inspectors, and the Overseers oversee both the inspectors and the trainers. They also have a council of Overseers, which decides what papers are necessary for entry.
  3. The Immigration branch is similar to the Customs Branch, having Inspectors, Trainers, and Overseers. The inspectors judge whether or not a potential Immigrant would make a good citizen, and the other two are self-explanatory. There is also a council of Overseers, which regulates what makes it on the J-459 form and how in-depth inspections go.
  4. The Asylum Branch is different, however, only being made up of 5 councils of 9 individuals each, who do in-depth investigations of people up for asylum, and judge whether to grant immunity in limbo. Each council has a Chief councillor, who serves as the overseer of the council, and also all 5 Chief Councillors meet in another council, which heads the Asylum branch.
  5. All decisions are subject to override by the overseer, who can be overridden by the head council of the branch, which is subject to the Minister of State's overrule, and then the Prime Minister may overrule the Minister of State.
  6. This Act may only majorly be edited by the Prime Minister or Parliament. The Minister of State may make small edits, but the rest is up to the Parliament. If a future piece of Legislation comes into combat with this, a vote will be held in Parliament.
"We unite under one banner, a banner of Justice, a banner of Truth. Long Live Democracy, Long Live Eiria, and, Most of all, Long Live The People!"
- Chancellor William Lancaster's Inauguration Speech

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:
Customs And Immigration Act
Author: John De Clairmont


An Act on International Travel, Immigration, and Asylum.

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:



§1 -On Customs
  1. "Customs" shall be defined as any added security at legal points of entry for people who are internationally traveling
  2. Forms the Customs and Immigration Commission, a subdepartment of the Ministry of State, that determines if a potential immigrant would serve as a good citizen, distribute Visas, Naturalize immigrants, determine what additional papers are needed to pass customs, and helps immigrants find jobs and be good, working citizens.
  3. A person must have at minimum, a valid passport to pass through customs. The Customs and Immigration Commission may require additional papers at their discretion, such as an entry permit or work pass, as long as it is not unfairly discriminating against people of a certain demographic.
  4. Customs inspectors must be legally trained by the Customs and Immigration Commission to be able to work.
  5. All legal points of entry Customs must have available papers to apply for asylum and Immigration.

§2 - On Immigration and Asylum
  1. Immigration inspectors will be hired.as employees of The Customs and Immigration Commission, and will determine if potential immigrants receive Citizen status. Immigration Inspectors will receive training by their employees, and may not discriminate against people of any demographic.
  2. Potential Immigrants must fill out a form, titled J-459, which requires the applicants Full name, Date of Birth, Dates of marriage and Divorce, any Family members already in Saint Hilda, any family members or friends joining them as immigrants, previous employment, and Education. Inspectors will perform a background check to see criminal record as well. People applying for dual citizenship will have to go under further inspections from both nations.
  3. People may apply for Asylum if they are in danger in their home country. While someone's application is processing, they enter a state fittingly known as "Limbo" as Asylum councils in the Customs and Immigration Commission discuss their fate. While in Limbo, a person is temporarily exempt from foreign investigations, however the Asylum councils withhold the right to undo that immunity. If granted asylum, that person retains the foreign criminal immunity and receives housing from the government.

§3 - The Customs and Immigration Commission
  1. As stated in sections one and two, the Customs and Immigration Commission presides over foreign entry, immigration, and asylum. As such, the Commission has three branches: Customs, Immigration, and Asylum.
  2. The Customs Branch consists of Customs Inspectors, Inspector Trainers, and Overseers. The inspectors manage the flow of international transit, the Trainers train the inspectors, and the Overseers oversee both the inspectors and the trainers. They also have a council of Overseers, which decides what papers are necessary for entry.
  3. The Immigration branch is similar to the Customs Branch, having Inspectors, Trainers, and Overseers. The inspectors judge whether or not a potential Immigrant would make a good citizen, and the other two are self-explanatory. There is also a council of Overseers, which regulates what makes it on the J-459 form and how in-depth inspections go.
  4. The Asylum Branch is different, however, only being made up of 5 councils of 9 individuals each, who do in-depth investigations of people up for asylum, and judge whether to grant immunity in limbo. Each council has a Chief councillor, who serves as the overseer of the council, and also all 5 Chief Councillors meet in another council, which heads the Asylum branch.
  5. All decisions are subject to override by the overseer, who can be overridden by the head council of the branch, which is subject to the Minister of State's overrule, and then the Prime Minister may overrule the Minister of State.
  6. This Act may only majorly be edited by the Prime Minister or Parliament. The Minister of State may make small edits, but the rest is up to the Parliament. If a future piece of Legislation comes into combat with this, a vote will be held in Parliament.

Overall, pretty good, but I think there's a few places where you went into too much detail for a law, and a few places where it isn't quite written as a law.

Also, you seem to imply that most people apply for citizenship at a port of entry, which certainly isn't how it works. People usually have to reside in the country for several years before applying for citizenship

Some examples of wording to be fixed up,
  1. "Immigration inspectors will be hired.as employees of The Customs and Immigration Commission, and will determine if potential immigrants receive Citizen status. Immigration Inspectors will receive training by their employees, and may not discriminate against people of any demographic."
    This can be worded better this way:
    "Immigration inspectors, employed and trained by the Customs and Immigration Commission, shall determine the granting of citizenship to foreign immigrants. They shall not discriminate against immigrants based on any demographic."
  2. "The Customs Branch consists of Customs Inspectors, Inspector Trainers, and Overseers. The inspectors manage the flow of international transit, the Trainers train the inspectors, and the Overseers oversee both the inspectors and the trainers. They also have a council of Overseers, which decides what papers are necessary for entry."
    Can be worded like this:
    "The Customs Branch shall consist of Customers Inspectors, which manage the flow of international transit; Trainers,which manage the training of Inspectors; Overseers, which oversee the operations and determine the documentation necessary for entry."

The last clause of the act authorises the PM and Minister of State to edit the Act, which is illegal, as only Parliament is able to legislate.
Last edited by East Meranopirus on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13259
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:[*]A person must have at minimum, a valid passport

Who decides what is a valid passport?
Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:to pass through customs.
And if they can’t, what happens?
Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:The Customs and Immigration Commission may require additional papers at their discretion, such as an entry permit or work pass, as long as it is not unfairly discriminating against people of a certain demographic.
So, what’s the difference between a Visa and an Entry Permit? Also, doesn’t this just allow Customs to invent papers whenever they want?

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:[*] All legal points of entry Customs must have available papers to apply for asylum and Immigration.
This reads oddly. Perhaps: All legal points of Entry with a Customs office or Branch must have copies of all forms required to apply for asylum available to any who apply.
Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:[*] Potential Immigrants must fill out a form, titled J-459,
So, what happened to Forms A-I and 1-458?
Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:which requires the applicants Full name, Date of Birth, Dates of marriage and Divorce, any Family members already in Saint Hilda, any family members or friends joining them as immigrants, previous employment, and Education.

Or divorce, not and divorce.
Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:[*] People may apply for Asylum if they are in danger in their home country.
This should probably be more strict. As it reads, victims of bullying are eligible for asylum.
Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:While someone's application is processing,
being processed.

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:[*] This Act may only majorly be edited by the Prime Minister or Parliament. The Minister of State may make small edits, but the rest is up to the Parliament. If a future piece of Legislation comes into combat with this, a vote will be held in Parliament.
Yeah, this is illegal.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Democratic Republic of Eiria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 158
Founded: May 07, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic Republic of Eiria » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:18 am

Thank you guys for the advice, I applied the edits (and Spoilers, so you don't have to scroll). I think it's ready for the office!

Customs And Immigration Act
Author: John De Clairmont


An Act on International Travel, Immigration, and Asylum.

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:


§1 -On Customs
  1. "Customs" shall be defined as any added security at legal points of entry for people who are internationally traveling
  2. Forms the Customs and Immigration Commission, a subdepartment of the Ministry of State, that determines if a potential immigrant would serve as a good citizen, distribute Visas, Naturalize immigrants, determine what additional papers are needed to pass customs, and helps immigrants find jobs and be good, working citizens.
  3. A person must have at minimum, a valid passport to pass through customs. A valid passport is defined as an international passport that hasn't expired, has correct data that matched the person trying to pass through customs, and correct official seals. The Customs and Immigration Commission may require additional papers at their discretion, if necessary, such as an entry permit or work pass, as long as it is not unfairly discriminating against people of a certain demographic.
  4. Customs inspectors must be legally trained by the Customs and Immigration Commission to be able to work.
  5. All legal points of entry Customs must have available papers to apply for asylum, while government buildings must have the J-459 form(Section 2, Paragraph 2).

§2 - On Immigration and Asylum
  1. Immigration inspectors, employed and trained by the Customs and Immigration Commission, shall determine the granting of citizenship to foreign immigrants. They shall not discriminate against immigrants based on any demographic."
  2. Potential Immigrants must fill out a form, titled J-459, which requires the applicants Full name, Date of Birth, Dates of marriage and/or Divorce, any Family members already in Saint Hilda, any family members or friends joining them as immigrants, previous employment, and Education. Inspectors will perform a background check to see criminal record as well. People applying for dual citizenship will have to go under further inspections from both nations.
  3. People may apply for Asylum if they are in danger in their home country. While someone's application being processed, they enter a state fittingly known as "Limbo" as Asylum councils in the Customs and Immigration Commission discuss their fate. While in Limbo, a person is temporarily exempt from foreign investigations, however the Asylum councils withhold the right to undo that immunity. If granted asylum, that person retains the foreign criminal immunity and receives housing from the government.

§3 - The Customs and Immigration Commission
  1. As stated in sections one and two, the Customs and Immigration Commission presides over foreign entry, immigration, and asylum. As such, the Commission has three branches: Customs, Immigration, and Asylum.
  2. "The Customs Branch shall consist of Customers Inspectors, which manage the flow of international transit; Trainers,which manage the training of Inspectors; Overseers, which oversee the operations and determine the documentation necessary for entry."
  3. The Immigration branch is similar to the Customs Branch, having Inspectors, Trainers, and Overseers. The inspectors judge whether or not a potential Immigrant would make a good citizen, and the other two are self-explanatory. There is also a council of Overseers, which regulates what makes it on the J-459 form and how in-depth inspections go.
  4. The Asylum Branch is different, however, only being made up of 5 councils of 9 individuals each, who do in-depth investigations of people up for asylum, and judge whether to grant immunity in limbo. Each council has a Chief councillor, who serves as the overseer of the council, and also all 5 Chief Councillors meet in another council, which heads the Asylum branch.
  5. All decisions are subject to override by the overseer, who can be overridden by the head council of the branch, which is subject to the Minister of State's overrule, and then the Prime Minister may overrule the Minister of State.
"We unite under one banner, a banner of Justice, a banner of Truth. Long Live Democracy, Long Live Eiria, and, Most of all, Long Live The People!"
- Chancellor William Lancaster's Inauguration Speech

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:40 am

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:Thank you guys for the advice, I applied the edits (and Spoilers, so you don't have to scroll). I think it's ready for the office!

Customs And Immigration Act
Author: John De Clairmont


An Act on International Travel, Immigration, and Asylum.

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:


§1 -On Customs
  1. "Customs" shall be defined as any added security at legal points of entry for people who are internationally traveling
  2. Forms the Customs and Immigration Commission, a subdepartment of the Ministry of State, that determines if a potential immigrant would serve as a good citizen, distribute Visas, Naturalize immigrants, determine what additional papers are needed to pass customs, and helps immigrants find jobs and be good, working citizens.
  3. A person must have at minimum, a valid passport to pass through customs. A valid passport is defined as an international passport that hasn't expired, has correct data that matched the person trying to pass through customs, and correct official seals. The Customs and Immigration Commission may require additional papers at their discretion, if necessary, such as an entry permit or work pass, as long as it is not unfairly discriminating against people of a certain demographic.
  4. Customs inspectors must be legally trained by the Customs and Immigration Commission to be able to work.
  5. All legal points of entry Customs must have available papers to apply for asylum, while government buildings must have the J-459 form(Section 2, Paragraph 2).

§2 - On Immigration and Asylum
  1. Immigration inspectors, employed and trained by the Customs and Immigration Commission, shall determine the granting of citizenship to foreign immigrants. They shall not discriminate against immigrants based on any demographic."
  2. Potential Immigrants must fill out a form, titled J-459, which requires the applicants Full name, Date of Birth, Dates of marriage and/or Divorce, any Family members already in Saint Hilda, any family members or friends joining them as immigrants, previous employment, and Education. Inspectors will perform a background check to see criminal record as well. People applying for dual citizenship will have to go under further inspections from both nations.
  3. People may apply for Asylum if they are in danger in their home country. While someone's application being processed, they enter a state fittingly known as "Limbo" as Asylum councils in the Customs and Immigration Commission discuss their fate. While in Limbo, a person is temporarily exempt from foreign investigations, however the Asylum councils withhold the right to undo that immunity. If granted asylum, that person retains the foreign criminal immunity and receives housing from the government.

§3 - The Customs and Immigration Commission
  1. As stated in sections one and two, the Customs and Immigration Commission presides over foreign entry, immigration, and asylum. As such, the Commission has three branches: Customs, Immigration, and Asylum.
  2. "The Customs Branch shall consist of Customers Inspectors, which manage the flow of international transit; Trainers,which manage the training of Inspectors; Overseers, which oversee the operations and determine the documentation necessary for entry."
  3. The Immigration branch is similar to the Customs Branch, having Inspectors, Trainers, and Overseers. The inspectors judge whether or not a potential Immigrant would make a good citizen, and the other two are self-explanatory. There is also a council of Overseers, which regulates what makes it on the J-459 form and how in-depth inspections go.
  4. The Asylum Branch is different, however, only being made up of 5 councils of 9 individuals each, who do in-depth investigations of people up for asylum, and judge whether to grant immunity in limbo. Each council has a Chief councillor, who serves as the overseer of the council, and also all 5 Chief Councillors meet in another council, which heads the Asylum branch.
  5. All decisions are subject to override by the overseer, who can be overridden by the head council of the branch, which is subject to the Minister of State's overrule, and then the Prime Minister may overrule the Minister of State.

It's still not perfectly clear to me the distinction between immigrants and those applying for citizenship, and there's no mention of visas or anything like such.

Also, if you could read my wording suggestions again, I think there's a few more clauses you can fix up.
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
Borovan entered the region as he
Diplomat
 
Posts: 807
Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:44 pm

Bump
FPP - Politician Alastar Macdanieus
A conservative through and through.

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 374
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Thanks for the bump, Borovan.

Anyway, I was just about to post to announce that Eternal Lotharia has agreed to join our party! Please welcome him.
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads