NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v4]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:32 pm

Stellar Expedition wrote:
Kyoki Chudoku wrote:
Gikochinai nodded her head rapidly. ”Yep! I’m magical! I’m not very strong with it though! And I don’t use it much! But I’ll show what I can do!” She stretched out her left arm as far as it would go- she was, after all, left-handed- and focused for a moment. She closed her eyes, then made a dramatic motion as ice began to expand from her hand, rapidly forming an extended pole. She twirled around the object as it formed, several icicles projecting from its upper sides and a large, sharp crystal marking the weapon’s end. ”Ta-da!” She gave a thumbs up with her right hand, and winked. ”I’m not very good with it though! But that’s fine!”

The Fleet Captain clapped. "That's an excellent weapon. It's beautiful, too, and I'm sure you're good with that. A manual twirl takes great talent, fairest Lady Gikochinai." The captain sat up. "I don't suppose you would want to see my powers in return, no?"

”Oh! Thank you! I’m glad you like it!” Gikochinai wasn’t used to being complimented like that, certainly not with regards to her magic, weaponry, or dexterity. It was also very odd for people to refer to her as a “Lady”. But she appreciated that. It was nice. ”I’d love to see what you can do! I’m sure it’s amazing!”
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.
Also, I don't use NS stats. So please ignore them.
Current Status (yes, I'm bad at keeping this updated): Immaterial

TG me for a free cookie. May contain traces of hydrogen cyanide.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:
Stellar Expedition wrote:"Ah...reconstruction is difficult, yes?" The captain nodded with sympathy. "Oh, are you magical? I don't suppose you would mind showing me, yes? I am an esper myself." He crossed his arms and smiled at the girl, which he found quite beautiful.

Gikochinai nodded her head rapidly. ”Yep! I’m magical! I’m not very strong with it though! And I don’t use it much! But I’ll show what I can do!” She stretched out her left arm as far as it would go- she was, after all, left-handed- and focused for a moment. She closed her eyes, then made a dramatic motion as ice began to expand from her hand, rapidly forming an extended pole. She twirled around the object as it formed, several icicles projecting from its upper sides and a large, sharp crystal marking the weapon’s end. ”Ta-da!” She gave a thumbs up with her right hand, and winked. ”I’m not very good with it though! But that’s fine!”

Foxfound wrote:The woman raised an eyebrow.

Kiri said: "Oh, yeah! Mom, she wanted to know if you could tell her what kind of soul she had."

"Oh, of course. By the way, my name is Sakura. I probably should have introduced myself. Now just hold still and stay calm."

She raised her hands, and after a few seconds, a sort of ethereal heart emerged from Gikochinai. It was deep blue in color, with parts that were more green or dark purple in color.

Sakura smiled. "Your main soul type is integrity, along with elements of kindness and uniqeness. You may have flaws, perhaps even some major ones, but you always try to cheer people up and be their friend. You'd never harm someone intentionally unless you had to, and try to be accountable for your actions.
Of course, soul type isn't everything. We all have different levels of most or all of the various traits. Everyone is their own person."

She waved her hands gently and Gikochinai's soul returned to its normal position.

”That’s a nice name!” Gikochinai was surprised to see an object emerge from her body. It made her feel strange. Aozora had always warned her about how dangerous glowing magical things were! But she was safe, wasn’t she? She could trust Kiri, right? The object was a deep blue, with some elements of purple and green. As Sakura explained it, it made sense. It felt strange to have her soul literally examined. It felt strange to have a soul at all. It made sense, what Sakura was saying. Impulsive as she was, she did want everyone to be as happy as possible, and she did love everyone. When her soul was returned, she nodded. ”Thank you! I think I understand that now! That was interesting!”

Sakura nodded with a smile.

"It can be good to know about your soul. Though we must not let it discourage us if we find it has negative traits. Not everyone's soul is completely pure, but that doesn't mean they can't be a good person where it counts."
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:39 pm

"Here we go." The Fleet Captain stood up. "For a moment, Eva, would you deactivate your scanners?"

Eva sighed and did as told. "You showoff...yes, sir." She took another sip of his wine.

"Well, my options are rather limited in the indoors, but I suppose a safer taste won't hurt. Hup!" A neon green aura, which flowed upwards slowly like a viscous liquid -- in appearance as well -- emerged from the Fleet Captain. "Alright. I am going to cast an illusion, so do not be alarmed." The Captain swiped his hand through the air. Suddenly, he and Giko were positioned within a beautiful crystalline cavern, in which a mighty pit from above provided a place for sunlight to enter.
An FFT, multiverse-travelling supership-microstate of people looking for a new home alongside their Fleet Captain
Year: Somewhere between the 30th and 90th millennium | NS Stats are not used | Characters

Main Theme | Combat Theme | Ambient Theme 1 | Ambient Theme 2

Explorer's Manual: BREAKING! More scandal! Police Commander Eva admitted to usage of excessive force against Officer Levi. Levi has, without signs shown of intimidation to do so, opted to not press personal charges. Eva sentenced to rehabilitation. |Civilian Tempuella charged with maliced assault and sexual harassment against Elite Officer Levi, who claimed "[his] eyes still hurt a little"

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:51 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Kyoki Chudoku wrote:

”That’s a nice name!” Gikochinai was surprised to see an object emerge from her body. It made her feel strange. Aozora had always warned her about how dangerous glowing magical things were! But she was safe, wasn’t she? She could trust Kiri, right? The object was a deep blue, with some elements of purple and green. As Sakura explained it, it made sense. It felt strange to have her soul literally examined. It felt strange to have a soul at all. It made sense, what Sakura was saying. Impulsive as she was, she did want everyone to be as happy as possible, and she did love everyone. When her soul was returned, she nodded. ”Thank you! I think I understand that now! That was interesting!”

Sakura nodded with a smile.

"It can be good to know about your soul. Though we must not let it discourage us if we find it has negative traits. Not everyone's soul is completely pure, but that doesn't mean they can't be a good person where it counts."

Gikochinai nodded. ”We’re all different people! With good bits and bad bits and bits that can be both! Or bits that different people say are each! It’s complicated! But people are complicated! Of course we are! We have to be to work!”

Stellar Expedition wrote:"Here we go." The Fleet Captain stood up. "For a moment, Eva, would you deactivate your scanners?"

Eva sighed and did as told. "You showoff...yes, sir." She took another sip of his wine.

"Well, my options are rather limited in the indoors, but I suppose a safer taste won't hurt. Hup!" A neon green aura, which flowed upwards slowly like a viscous liquid -- in appearance as well -- emerged from the Fleet Captain. "Alright. I am going to cast an illusion, so do not be alarmed." The Captain swiped his hand through the air. Suddenly, he and Giko were positioned within a beautiful crystalline cavern, in which a mighty pit from above provided a place for sunlight to enter.

Gikochinai was surprised for her surroundings to suddenly change. It was beautiful place, a cavern filled with crystals, the sunlight causing them to sparkle and reflect the light, casting colourful shadows on the walls. It was amazing. She felt a little unsettled though, just because of what she’d been told before. About how this was dangerous, risky. But she was safe, wasn’t she? Gikochinai gave a bout of rapid applause. ”Wow! You really are amazing! I’ve never seen this sort of power before! Oh! I’ve spent so long talking about myself and my country. What about you?”
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:
Stellar Expedition wrote:"Here we go." The Fleet Captain stood up. "For a moment, Eva, would you deactivate your scanners?"

Gikochinai was surprised for her surroundings to suddenly change. It was beautiful place, a cavern filled with crystals, the sunlight causing them to sparkle and reflect the light, casting colourful shadows on the walls. It was amazing. She felt a little unsettled though, just because of what she’d been told before. About how this was dangerous, risky. But she was safe, wasn’t she? Gikochinai gave a bout of rapid applause. ”Wow! You really are amazing! I’ve never seen this sort of power before! Oh! I’ve spent so long talking about myself and my country. What about you?”

The Fleet Captain cast away the illusion. "Ah, there's not much to talk about. My fleet is not so much a fleet as it is a bunch of ships fused together. A little over four thousand people live aboard our little faster-than-light paradise. That's....really...all there is to it, yes. I...I don't personally mind hearing you talk. About your homeland, that is. I'm a very curious man who loves to hear about new places." He seemed to have lost some of his confidence and slickness and was almost a little forlorn. "Ahem! Do you think it would be fine if my ship, the Stellar Expedition, were to make a landing in your nation? It's a little big." Gosh, what a goldmine for those whose heads were in the gutter, that sentence was.
Last edited by Stellar Expedition on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An FFT, multiverse-travelling supership-microstate of people looking for a new home alongside their Fleet Captain
Year: Somewhere between the 30th and 90th millennium | NS Stats are not used | Characters

Explorer's Manual: BREAKING! More scandal! Police Commander Eva admitted to usage of excessive force against Officer Levi. Levi has, without signs shown of intimidation to do so, opted to not press personal charges. Eva sentenced to rehabilitation. |Civilian Tempuella charged with maliced assault and sexual harassment against Elite Officer Levi, who claimed "[his] eyes still hurt a little"

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:15 am

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:

The Fleet Captain cast away the illusion. "Ah, there's not much to talk about. My fleet is not so much a fleet as it is a bunch of ships fused together. A little over four thousand people live aboard our little faster-than-light paradise. That's....really...all there is to it, yes. I...I don't personally mind hearing you talk. About your homeland, that is. I'm a very curious man who loves to hear about new places." He seemed to have lost some of his confidence and slickness and was almost a little forlorn. "Ahem! Do you think it would be fine if my ship, the Stellar Expedition, were to make a landing in your nation? It's a little big." Gosh, what a goldmine for those whose heads were in the gutter, that sentence was.

”Oh! That sounds really interesting! I wonder what that’s like! Living on a ship!” She thought about the offer, but knew what her answer would be the moment it was made. ”Umm, I’d have to ask Aozora about that! Last time futuristic people came it was, uhh, very bad. A lot of people died! It was, really really bad. And she’s kind of paranoid! Because a lot of people want to kill her! So I’d have to ask her! And she’ll probably so no! Sorry! I hope that’s ok! I think it’d be interesting, but it’s a big risk for us! And after hat happened last time...sorry!”

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:22 am

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:
Stellar Expedition wrote:The Fleet Captain cast away the illusion. "Ah, there's not much to talk about. My fleet is not so much a fleet as it is a bunch of ships fused together. A little over four thousand people live aboard our little faster-than-light paradise. That's....really...all there is to it, yes. I...I don't personally mind hearing you talk. About your homeland, that is. I'm a very curious man who loves to hear about new places." He seemed to have lost some of his confidence and slickness and was almost a little forlorn. "Ahem! Do you think it would be fine if my ship, the Stellar Expedition, were to make a landing in your nation? It's a little big." Gosh, what a goldmine for those whose heads were in the gutter, that sentence was.

”Oh! That sounds really interesting! I wonder what that’s like! Living on a ship!” She thought about the offer, but knew what her answer would be the moment it was made. ”Umm, I’d have to ask Aozora about that! Last time futuristic people came it was, uhh, very bad. A lot of people died! It was, really really bad. And she’s kind of paranoid! Because a lot of people want to kill her! So I’d have to ask her! And she’ll probably so no! Sorry! I hope that’s ok! I think it’d be interesting, but it’s a big risk for us! And after hat happened last time...sorry!”

"Ooh, sore spot. I see, I see." The Fleet Captain sat back down. "Well, feel free to visit anytime. Our ship could...certainly use a jovial spirit like yours." That's weird. Didn't he call his ship a paradise, earlier? He telekinetically siphoned some of Eva's drink, just a little. "I suppose it's remnants of the war troubling your leader, yes?"

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:27 am

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:

"Ooh, sore spot. I see, I see." The Fleet Captain sat back down. "Well, feel free to visit anytime. Our ship could...certainly use a jovial spirit like yours." That's weird. Didn't he call his ship a paradise, earlier? He telekinetically siphoned some of Eva's drink, just a little. "I suppose it's remnants of the war troubling your leader, yes?"

”Oh! I’d have to ask about that, too! Sorry!” Gikochinai gave a cheerful laugh, but she did pick on the weirdness of that comment. If a place was a paradise, wasn’t everyone supposed to be happy there? But...no. The enemy in the war, they had all been happy...happy to die smiling while trying to kill every Chudokuren in sight. No, that had been indoctrination, right? The ship was probably different! ”Yeah! Well! She’s always been a bit paranoid! She has a lot of stories! I can’t really explain any of them very well! I could call her over here if you want! Then she can explain it! But I can’t really do it very well! The war troubles everyone a lot. I want everyone to be happy! And I’m still happy! But it’s really hard for everyone to be happy because of all the bad things that happened! That’s ok though! I’ll always be happy no matter what!”

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 am

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:
Stellar Expedition wrote:"Ooh, sore spot. I see, I see." The Fleet Captain sat back down. "Well, feel free to visit anytime. Our ship could...certainly use a jovial spirit like yours." That's weird. Didn't he call his ship a paradise, earlier? He telekinetically siphoned some of Eva's drink, just a little. "I suppose it's remnants of the war troubling your leader, yes?"

”Oh! I’d have to ask about that, too! Sorry!” Gikochinai gave a cheerful laugh, but she did pick on the weirdness of that comment. If a place was a paradise, wasn’t everyone supposed to be happy there? But...no. The enemy in the war, they had all been happy...happy to die smiling while trying to kill every Chudokuren in sight. No, that had been indoctrination, right? The ship was probably different! ”Yeah! Well! She’s always been a bit paranoid! She has a lot of stories! I can’t really explain any of them very well! I could call her over here if you want! Then she can explain it! But I can’t really do it very well! The war troubles everyone a lot. I want everyone to be happy! And I’m still happy! But it’s really hard for everyone to be happy because of all the bad things that happened! That’s ok though! I’ll always be happy no matter what!”

The Fleet Captain sighed. "You're an astounding person, Lady Gikochinai. You're radiantly kind without being naive, and quite beautiful." He slumped himself in his seat against the counter.

Eva elbowed his psychic barrier. "Hideki, sir, we should be returning soon."

The Fleet Captain sat up and sighed again. "It was an utmost pleasure to meet you, Lady Gikochinai. Will I see you here again in the near future?" He and Eva both stood up, and he offered a handshake.

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:38 am

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:

The Fleet Captain sighed. "You're an astounding person, Lady Gikochinai. You're radiantly kind without being naive, and quite beautiful." He slumped himself in his seat against the counter.

The Fleet Captain sat up and sighed again. "It was an utmost pleasure to meet you, Lady Gikochinai. Will I see you here again in the near future?" He and Eva both stood up, and he offered a handshake.

Gikochinai was surprised that someone had called her beautiful. She called lots of people cute, of course, but it rarely seemed to be mutual. ”Sure! I’ll make sure to see you again later! I can come here a lot, so that should be fine! It’ll be fun!” She smiled, then returned the handshake, though her being her, it was rather energetic and with probably a little much excitement put in.

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:41 am

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:
Stellar Expedition wrote:The Fleet Captain sighed. "You're an astounding person, Lady Gikochinai. You're radiantly kind without being naive, and quite beautiful." He slumped himself in his seat against the counter.

Gikochinai was surprised that someone had called her beautiful. She called lots of people cute, of course, but it rarely seemed to be mutual. ”Sure! I’ll make sure to see you again later! I can come here a lot, so that should be fine! It’ll be fun!” She smiled, then returned the handshake, though her being her, it was rather energetic and with probably a little much excitement put in.

"Glad to hear it. Farewell."

With that, the Fleet Captain, led akin to an elder on a crosswalk by Eva, exited the bar.

Devernia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Devernia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:32 am

"Another lost soul? What unfortunate circumstances brought you here? I can see it in your eyes that this isn't where you want to be."

Franz is greeted with the sounds of soothing piano music and the smell of cedar, and the sight of people going out their bar activities. Only, well, you see, they looked more like world leaders from another planet or people out of a fan convention. Don't get him wrong, the colleagues of his age are no better as most of them haven't even gone out of their midlife crises, but... it felt a bit off. One of them looked like a werewolf. A werewolf. Another donned cyan hair and a maid costume, which further reinforced his convention theory. The bar was starting to weird him out, but it's the least of his concerns.

He looked around. For all intents and purposes, this place... looked like your average pub-across-the-street, a far cry from the creaky, neglected, wooden panel mess of the exterior that subverted his expectations. Velvet seats, carpets and walls although with questionable stains and mildew just do the job, and the temperature was actually bearable. It found him memories of the times he still actually liked scotch, the times when he was a fledging suburb kid whose parents paid for his student loans. He would feel like a young adult again, for a moment, if not for the situation at hand ruining the thought. He was an outsider; his position in the government won't be necessary for the lot of these.

It was much, much bigger (or wider) than average, though. In fact, from the distance, he can see doors and stairs leading to what seems to be more rooms. This did not match the brick-and-mortar size of the saloon. So, to recap, my car teleported nearby a spatial-defying bar full of people in cosplay, in the middle of Bum****istan, Bigtopia.

Forget finding for help first, looks like he'll be having a drink early.

He spotted the main bar, grabbed one of the seats (on the corner, distanced from most of the other patrons), and knocked on the wooden counter to alert the bartender. Mid 40s too. Balding. Suit and tie. Looked more like a butler, or, well, a bartender. He cleared his throat and made his request. "Um... red wine."

"What kind, sir?" the bartender muttered with a hint of Fondoit (French) accent.

"...Moritição."

Ah yes, his favorite wine. Like the baby of a curaçao and the well-known cabernet sauvignon. Native to Tasmania, it's his favorite, really, and the only kind of wine he ever bothered learning about. One pour later, and Franz was blowing his steam off with alcohol. Ridiculously good. How much is this stuff? Can my money even be accepted? Is this Devernia? This doesn't look like Devernia anymore.

If that's the case, he'll need to find a way to get out. Soon, at least. There's nothing for miles, and the only vehicle is, well, "dented", to say the least. Nice place, but he's got to go. Would he even want to go back? I mean, he was distracted momentarily by his cell, and such a thing is outlawed in the state, that's for sure. He'd be under fire. Wasn't even hands-free. The impact to his record won't be much. He knew a governor who had 3 DUIs. Well, it was his fault he didn't get a car with self-driving features. Go figure.

As Franz was trailing off, he notices that a pair of strange, hi-tech folk, were leaning and looking at him for some reason. One in some sort of jet-black officer's uniform and a cape and a beautiful girl in a form-fitting sort of white suit that looked like something out of Tron, high-heels included. Do I really look like a stranger here? Oh drat, I'm, uh...

Before he could react, a silver-haired, boyish-looking young adult with a white officer's uniform and a sheathed blade floating (literally) by his hip entered. Looks like something is up.

Wow, I'm taking this awfully seriously. Experienced RPers are probably laughing at the many flaws I innocently made.
(i'll put up duncan's response when the time is right aight)
Last edited by Devernia on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comunidade de Devernha [MT 2019]
???
NS stats may or may not be used.

NOTE: Will nearly retcon everything soon.
RECENT HEADLINES:26 Officials In Parliament Found With NCoV | Devernian Stock Market Collapses In Global Recession | "How Long Will We Last?" Declares Opinion Piece In Gaerson Journal

Knights Mare Nostrum
Attaché

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Knights Mare Nostrum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:29 am

Suddenly, Baldassar, with a claymore sword sheathed in his back as well as a gladius to his belt, walked into the bar, alongside two other knights, one with a flachion and holstered pistol crossbow and the other with a mace and waist-holstered slingshot. An archer would also walk in with a recurve bow in hand.
Last edited by Knights Mare Nostrum on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC: the Order of Mare Nostrum, but are also known as the Knights of Mare Nostrum or simply Mare Nostrum. The year is 2022, with PMT tech.
Anthem: Ave Regina Caelorum

The Knights of Mare Nostrum are an order formed in 1189 centered around islands in the Mediterranean after the Knights Hospitaller and Templar merged, along with the integration of other knightly orders through history, and now serve a role as a militarized wing of the Papacy which utilises what is essentially hyper-militaristic canon law.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:41 am

Knights Mare Nostrum wrote:Suddenly, Baldassar, with a claymore sword sheathed in his back as well as a gladius to his belt, walked into the bar, alongside two other knights, one with a [https://sabersmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/falchion-fantasy.jpg]flachion[/url] and holstered pistol crossbow and the other with a mace and waist-holstered slingshot. An archer would also walk in with a recurve bow in hand.

Near them, at one of the tables, a kitsune lady sat drinking some tea quietly. Two girls were also at the table, perhaps her children.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Knights Mare Nostrum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Knights Mare Nostrum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:59 am

Foxfound wrote:
Knights Mare Nostrum wrote:Suddenly, Baldassar, with a claymore sword sheathed in his back as well as a gladius to his belt, walked into the bar, alongside two other knights, one with a [https://sabersmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/falchion-fantasy.jpg]flachion[/url] and holstered pistol crossbow and the other with a mace and waist-holstered slingshot. An archer would also walk in with a recurve bow in hand.

Near them, at one of the tables, a kitsune lady sat drinking some tea quietly. Two girls were also at the table, perhaps her children.

Baldassar, the archer and the two knights looked to them with looks of intrigue and wonder.

"I never would have thought Easterners would have turned up in a place like this." One knight said quietly to his partner.

"How could you tell?" The other said.

"The clothing, the tea kit, the cat ears... especially the cat ears." The other knight replied.

"Now, now, gentlemen, be humble. I'm sure they are wonderful people, even if their choice of manner seems to be out of place for a saloon in a wasteland." Baldassar said as he and his three other comrades sat down near the group, Baldassar looking towards them.

"Evening, dear lady." The Grandmaster said. "What brings you to a place as rough as here?"
IC: the Order of Mare Nostrum, but are also known as the Knights of Mare Nostrum or simply Mare Nostrum. The year is 2022, with PMT tech.

The Knights of Mare Nostrum are an order formed in 1189 centered around islands in the Mediterranean after the Knights Hospitaller and Templar merged, along with the integration of other knightly orders through history, and now serve a role as a militarized wing of the Papacy which utilises what is essentially hyper-militaristic canon law.

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:16 am

Rubie entered the bar. She was a lightly tanned Lethen girl with brown hair in a bob, and her face was a sultry, beautiful one. She wore a pair of Rhodesian short-shorts, a form-fitting tank top, and her combat boots paired strangely enough with white knee-high socks. She made her way over to the bar with a plain-as-day sway in her hips accompanied by a surprisingly subtle catwalk.
Leader Anthem Overview
An alternate universe Letheny - where the monarchy never lost its power.

A 14 civilization, according to this index.
Current Year: 2017
Tech level: MT
We don't use NS stats!
IC Q&A Thread - Koningsplatz Alliance
TG me if you wanna talk, RP, or do whatever!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

Knights Mare Nostrum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Knights Mare Nostrum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 am

Lethen Empire wrote:Rubie entered the bar. She was a lightly tanned Lethen girl with brown hair in a bob, and her face was a sultry, beautiful one. She wore a pair of Rhodesian short-shorts, a form-fitting tank top, and her combat boots paired strangely enough with white knee-high socks. She made her way over to the bar with a plain-as-day sway in her hips accompanied by a surprisingly subtle catwalk.

The four all turned as they looked towards Rubie. The archer rolled her eyes at the two knights as she looked away, with the two knights still staring and Baldassar giving them a look of disapproval.

"Avert your eyes, gentlemen, before her vile aura of sin burns them off." Baldassar advised, one of the two knights still staring. "Such women who these who dress this way, they make me stick. The only thing that could be worse is a bikini..." Baldassar winced at the thought.
Last edited by Knights Mare Nostrum on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:39 am

Knights Mare Nostrum wrote:
Lethen Empire wrote:Rubie entered the bar. She was a lightly tanned Lethen girl with brown hair in a bob, and her face was a sultry, beautiful one. She wore a pair of Rhodesian short-shorts, a form-fitting tank top, and her combat boots paired strangely enough with white knee-high socks. She made her way over to the bar with a plain-as-day sway in her hips accompanied by a surprisingly subtle catwalk.

The four all turned as they looked towards Rubie. The archer rolled her eyes at the two knights as she looked away, with the two knights still staring and Baldassar giving them a look of disapproval.

"Avert your eyes, gentlemen, before her vile aura of sin burns them off." Baldassar advised, one of the two knights still staring. "Such women who these who dress this way, they make me stick. The only thing that could be worse is a bikini..." Baldassar winced at the thought.

"Vile aura of sin? I just came home from fighting some commies in the Holy Land..." She chuckled and put a finger to her lip. "One would hope that'd give you a purer aura."
Leader Anthem Overview

We don't use NS stats!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

Knights Mare Nostrum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Knights Mare Nostrum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:47 am

"Well, even if you did killed heretics, I'm sure you would've done it in a much more... appropriate attire! And besides, where's the proof? Did you bring captureds, or hath slain them at melee distance? And besides, these commies you speak of may have been fellow Christians of the Orthodoxy!" Baldassar criticised. "Any war in the Holy Land will be one of God, not one of silly ideologies."

"Oh, calm down, Grandmaster. The more you rant like this, the more you'll make us sound as ridiculous as those Warhammer bastards." The archer said in a light Maltese accent.

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:53 am

Knights Mare Nostrum wrote:"Well, even if you did killed heretics, I'm sure you would've done it in a much more... appropriate attire! And besides, where's the proof? Did you bring captureds, or hath slain them at melee distance? And besides, these commies you speak of may have been fellow Christians of the Orthodoxy!" Baldassar criticised. "Any war in the Holy Land will be one of God, not one of silly ideologies."

"Oh, calm down, Grandmaster. The more you rant like this, the more you'll make us sound as ridiculous as those Warhammer bastards." The archer said in a light Maltese accent.

Rubie sighed. "Well, I was in uniform, this is just my casual attire. And commies are always atheists, because, teehee, that's how those godless commies are." She was seemingly half-joking.
Leader Anthem Overview

We don't use NS stats!

Knights Mare Nostrum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Knights Mare Nostrum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:58 am

Lethen Empire wrote:
Knights Mare Nostrum wrote:"Well, even if you did killed heretics, I'm sure you would've done it in a much more... appropriate attire! And besides, where's the proof? Did you bring captureds, or hath slain them at melee distance? And besides, these commies you speak of may have been fellow Christians of the Orthodoxy!" Baldassar criticised. "Any war in the Holy Land will be one of God, not one of silly ideologies."

Rubie sighed. "Well, I was in uniform, this is just my casual attire. And commies are always atheists, because, teehee, that's how those godless commies are." She was seemingly half-joking.

"I would rather prefer you in uniform. That is my only complaint for now." Baldassar said as he turned away, the knight looking at her with an expression of attraction under his helmet.

"Beata Maria... she looks... stunning." The knight said as Baldassar shot him an angry glare.

"Damnation, Sir Thomas! Don't fall for the succubus, for the sake of humility!" Baldassar angrily, quietly said to him.

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:16 am

Knights Mare Nostrum wrote:"I would rather prefer you in uniform. That is my only complaint for now." Baldassar said as he turned away, the knight looking at her with an expression of attraction under his helmet.

"Beata Maria... she looks... stunning." The knight said as Baldassar shot him an angry glare.

"Damnation, Sir Thomas! Don't fall for the succubus, for the sake of humility!" Baldassar angrily, quietly said to him.

Rubie slid a hand into her hair and sighed, letting the light from the nearby entrance hit her dramatically. "That's scathing." She said with a sigh. She turned to the bartender. "Can I get a red wine~?" cooed the Lethen soldier.
Leader Anthem Overview

We don't use NS stats!

Knights Mare Nostrum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Knights Mare Nostrum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am

Lethen Empire wrote:
Knights Mare Nostrum wrote:"I would rather prefer you in uniform. That is my only complaint for now." Baldassar said as he turned away, the knight looking at her with an expression of attraction under his helmet.

Rubie slid a hand into her hair and sighed, letting the light from the nearby entrance hit her dramatically. "That's scathing." She said with a sigh. She turned to the bartender. "Can I get a red wine~?" cooed the Lethen soldier.

"No, fair maiden! Let me fetch you some fresh wine!" The knight called out as he got up and walked towards the bar, Baldassar glaring at him.

"You insolent fool! Come back here! You are a knight, not a sleaze!" Baldassar called out.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:44 am

Foxfound wrote:Near them, at one of the tables, a kitsune lady sat drinking some tea quietly. Two girls were also at the table, perhaps her children.

Baldassar, the archer and the two knights looked to them with looks of intrigue and wonder.

"I never would have thought Easterners would have turned up in a place like this." One knight said quietly to his partner.

"How could you tell?" The other said.

"The clothing, the tea kit, the cat ears... especially the cat ears." The other knight replied.

"Now, now, gentlemen, be humble. I'm sure they are wonderful people, even if their choice of manner seems to be out of place for a saloon in a wasteland." Baldassar said as he and his three other comrades sat down near the group, Baldassar looking towards them.

"Evening, dear lady." The Grandmaster said. "What brings you to a place as rough as here?"

The lady smiled.

"Greetings. I come here sometimes because it's usually quiet - usually. There used to be real crowds in here, and entertainment, but now that's all gone. Occasionally there's still a brawl, but it gets broken up."

She took a sip of tea.

"Anyway. My name's Sakura, and these are my daughters Ren and Kiri. We're from the forests northeast of here. What brings you to this place?"

Ren, who was also a kitsune, seemed indifferent, perhaps a little nervous, about the newcomers. Kiri eyed their weaponry nervously. She was clearly some sort of spirit, with a strange purple aura around her.
Last edited by Foxfound on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:31 am

Lethen Empire wrote:Rubie slid a hand into her hair and sighed, letting the light from the nearby entrance hit her dramatically. "That's scathing." She said with a sigh. She turned to the bartender. "Can I get a red wine~?" cooed the Lethen soldier.

"No, fair maiden! Let me fetch you some fresh wine!" The knight called out as he got up and walked towards the bar, Baldassar glaring at him.

"You insolent fool! Come back here! You are a knight, not a sleaze!" Baldassar called out.

"Well aren't you a dear~." cooed Rubie as she swung one leg over the other to cross them.
Leader Anthem Overview

We don't use NS stats!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives