NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v4]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Fish was binge-watching The Fishingtons on his waterproof iPad.

The General muttered, "Nobody sniddles Tweedsmuir J. Fishington."

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Stellar Expedition wrote:
Foxfound wrote:"Very well, actually! My efforts to map the outer part of our solar system are going splendidly. The Trans-Neptunian Expanse has no shortage of interesting worldlets."

It seemed that, perhaps among other things, he was a sort of explorer in his world.

"What brings you here, my friends? I can tell by looking at you that you also travel the skies, but I didn't see any ship other than my own out in the fields."

"I lead a fleet that explores the multiverse. My ship detected this anomaly, so I decided to visit." He looked around. "I already detect a large supernatural presence. Would you happen to know anything about that?"

"The entire multiverse! Quite an achievement. Regrettably, my engine doesn't yet allow me to leave the solar system.

Supernatural, hmm? Well, the bartender on shift right now definitely has some powers of sorts. And given the presence of the Captain of the Sovereign Guard..."

He gestures toward the man in armor.

"... I'd wager there's some kind of dangerous spirit about. Combating them is one of the Guard's main jobs."

Fatatatutti wrote:Fish was binge-watching The Fishingtons on his waterproof iPad.

The General muttered, "Nobody sniddles Tweedsmuir J. Fishington."

"Indeed not! I must say, television is an extraordinary invention. A great way to pass the time while you're traveling between heavenly objects."
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Foxfound wrote:The entire multiverse! Quite an achievement. Regrettably, my engine doesn't yet allow me to leave the solar system.

Supernatural, hmm? Well, the bartender on shift right now definitely has some powers of sorts. And given the presence of the Captain of the Sovereign Guard..."

"... I'd wager there's some kind of dangerous spirit about. Combating them is one of the Guard's main jobs."

"Well, optimism is always great! Keep on that 'yet' part, my friend."

The Captain looked around. "At the moment...I don't see anything supernatural though, so it's probably somewhere outside, or hiding really hard."
An FFT, multiverse-travelling supership-microstate of people looking for a new home alongside their Fleet Captain
Year: Somewhere between the 30th and 90th millennium | NS Stats are not used | Characters

Main Theme | Combat Theme | Ambient Theme 1 | Ambient Theme 2

Explorer's Manual: BREAKING! More scandal! Police Commander Eva admitted to usage of excessive force against Officer Levi. Levi has, without signs shown of intimidation to do so, opted to not press personal charges. Eva sentenced to rehabilitation. |Civilian Tempuella charged with maliced assault and sexual harassment against Elite Officer Levi, who claimed "[his] eyes still hurt a little"

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Two women walked into the Saloon. One of them wore a white naval uniform, with flowing blue hair and similarly coloured eyes. Her prosthetic leg clanked whenever it hit the floor, and her expression seemed to be a perpetual frown. This was Sawagi, head of the navy. Beside her was a figure who seemed to be wearing rather little, and covering it with a jacket that wasn’t even zipped together. Her eyes were a dark purple, her hair a blueish black, and her feline features- ears and tail, specifically- were a dark black like her clothing. Also notable were the scars that lined every portion of her skin and the knife she held in her hand. This was Kurushimi, head of the army.

”Are you sure this is a good idea? We don’t know what we will find here...” said Sawagi. She was reluctant to venture into the Saloon, but she had decided to follow her associate.

”There will be...excitement...I am sure...”
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.
Also, I don't use NS stats. So please ignore them.
Current Status (yes, I'm bad at keeping this updated): Immaterial

TG me for a free cookie. May contain traces of hydrogen cyanide.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Foxfound wrote:The entire multiverse! Quite an achievement. Regrettably, my engine doesn't yet allow me to leave the solar system.

"Well, optimism is always great! Keep on that 'yet' part, my friend."

The Captain looked around. "At the moment...I don't see anything supernatural though, so it's probably somewhere outside, or hiding really hard."

He thought for a moment.

"Well, I've seen a ghost named Kiri here before, but she's actually a nice ghost. Something of an anomaly. The Guard's been ordered to leave her alone, and even if they hadn't been they wouldn't send their Captain after her."

Hearing their conversation, the man of iron turned around in their seat and said...

"p̘̠͈̖͙͒̐̀́̓͘ ḱ̷̘̯͎̭̳͓̲͇͐͌̏̈͆ `̷̡̙̬͕̰̜̲͐͂͂̀͠ /̸̡̫͙̣̳̪̺͔̉̇̈́͒̃͗̄͆̅̕͟͜/̶̡̩̠͖̰̝̬͕̱͔̍̌̃̉̐̒͗̆̎̕r̳̱̳̝͉̜̱̞̼̄̃̓̌͢͡͡ ȗ̧̡͇̳̜̜͂̀͆̒͂͌ͅį͓͖̘̺̖̠̹̜̂̋̀͆̄̃̕͞ 8̴͙̹̮̣̻͕̼̻͉͎̃̓͊̒͗̇̐t͕̤̠̰̤͓͗̑̃̐̂̑̎͟"

... something. It's not clear what. They didn't seem to realize that they were unintelligable, as after uttering this they stood up and marched out of the saloon.

Bill spoke up after he left. "Ah, yes. They sound almost eldritch, don't they? It scares people. Personally, I think that helmet of theirs just muffles their voice."
Last edited by Foxfound on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:Two women walked into the Saloon. One of them wore a white naval uniform, with flowing blue hair and similarly coloured eyes. Her prosthetic leg clanked whenever it hit the floor, and her expression seemed to be a perpetual frown. This was Sawagi, head of the navy. Beside her was a figure who seemed to be wearing rather little, and covering it with a jacket that wasn’t even zipped together. Her eyes were a dark purple, her hair a blueish black, and her feline features- ears and tail, specifically- were a dark black like her clothing. Also notable were the scars that lined every portion of her skin and the knife she held in her hand. This was Kurushimi, head of the army.

”Are you sure this is a good idea? We don’t know what we will find here...” said Sawagi. She was reluctant to venture into the Saloon, but she had decided to follow her associate.

While Eva waited for her master, the powerful psychic Fleet Captain, to stop talking to the train conductor, she noticed the two new arrivals and eyed them with suspicion. Eva was a beautiful, stern girl in a tight catsuit, turtlenecked and covered with glowing blue lines. There were little, wafer-thin plates of armor tightly attached to her armor, which came together at her feet to form high-heels. Her hair was a pastel blue, long pixie-cut. She crossed her arms and found herself unable to stop glaring at them.

Foxfound wrote:He thought for a moment.

"Well, I've seen a ghost named Kiri here before, but she's actually a nice ghost. Something of an anomaly. The Guard's been ordered to leave her alone, and even if they hadn't been they wouldn't send their Captain after her."

Hearing their conversation, the man of iron turned around in their seat and said...

"p̘̠͈̖͙͒̐̀́̓͘ ḱ̷̘̯͎̭̳͓̲͇͐͌̏̈͆ `̷̡̙̬͕̰̜̲͐͂͂̀͠ /̸̡̫͙̣̳̪̺͔̉̇̈́͒̃͗̄͆̅̕͟͜/̶̡̩̠͖̰̝̬͕̱͔̍̌̃̉̐̒͗̆̎̕r̳̱̳̝͉̜̱̞̼̄̃̓̌͢͡͡ ȗ̧̡͇̳̜̜͂̀͆̒͂͌ͅį͓͖̘̺̖̠̹̜̂̋̀͆̄̃̕͞ 8̴͙̹̮̣̻͕̼̻͉͎̃̓͊̒͗̇̐t͕̤̠̰̤͓͗̑̃̐̂̑̎͟"

... something. It's not clear what. They didn't seem to realize that they were unintelligable, as after uttering this they stood up and marched out of the saloon.

Bill spoke up after he left. "Ah, yes. They sound almost eldritch, don't they? It scares people. Personally, I think that helmet of theirs just muffles their voice."

"That's probably it. I'm not detecting anything particularly strange about them." said the Captain, who gave a brief, acknowledging glance to the two new arrivals. "I'm Fleet Captain Hideki, from the Stellar Expedition. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!"
An FFT, multiverse-travelling supership-microstate of people looking for a new home alongside their Fleet Captain
Year: Somewhere between the 30th and 90th millennium | NS Stats are not used | Characters

Explorer's Manual: BREAKING! More scandal! Police Commander Eva admitted to usage of excessive force against Officer Levi. Levi has, without signs shown of intimidation to do so, opted to not press personal charges. Eva sentenced to rehabilitation. |Civilian Tempuella charged with maliced assault and sexual harassment against Elite Officer Levi, who claimed "[his] eyes still hurt a little"

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:Two women walked into the Saloon. One of them wore a white naval uniform, with flowing blue hair and similarly coloured eyes. Her prosthetic leg clanked whenever it hit the floor, and her expression seemed to be a perpetual frown. This was Sawagi, head of the navy. Beside her was a figure who seemed to be wearing rather little, and covering it with a jacket that wasn’t even zipped together. Her eyes were a dark purple, her hair a blueish black, and her feline features- ears and tail, specifically- were a dark black like her clothing. Also notable were the scars that lined every portion of her skin and the knife she held in her hand. This was Kurushimi, head of the army.

While Eva waited for her master, the powerful psychic Fleet Captain, to stop talking to the train conductor, she noticed the two new arrivals and eyed them with suspicion. Eva was a beautiful, stern girl in a tight catsuit, turtlenecked and covered with glowing blue lines. There were little, wafer-thin plates of armor tightly attached to her armor, which came together at her feet to form high-heels. Her hair was a pastel blue, long pixie-cut. She crossed her arms and found herself unable to stop glaring at them.

Foxfound wrote:He thought for a moment.

"That's probably it. I'm not detecting anything particularly strange about them." said the Captain, who gave a brief, acknowledging glance to the two new arrivals. "I'm Fleet Captain Hideki, from the Stellar Expedition. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

Sawagi had retrieved a glass, though it was empty. Somewhat absent-minded, she placed her hand on the top of the glass, and water began to condense inside of it. When it was full, she took a sip. Kurushimi, meanwhile, had drawn her knife, but then noticed the woman glaring at them. Unbothered, she proceeded to to make an incision in her own arm, her smile only widening as blood gently trickled out.

”Someone’s watching us...” Sawagi tried her best not to focus on it, but couldn’t help but turn around to see the woman staring at them. She had some kind of futuristic armour on, which reminded Sawagi far too much of past enemies. She looked down at her prosthetic leg. That limb had been torn apart- no, best not to think about it. It was a Saloon after all. That meant people would sometimes stare at other people out of curiosity, right?

Kurushimi, meanwhile, gave her slice wound a gentle push, before titling her head to face their observer. She smiled. ”We can see you...you know...may I ask...why you watch us?” Unlike Sawagi’s voice, which always held a tone of anxiety or sadness, Kurushimi’s was soft, and filled with deliberate hesitation.
Last edited by Kyoki Chudoku on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.
Also, I don't use NS stats. So please ignore them.
Current Status (yes, I'm bad at keeping this updated): Immaterial

TG me for a free cookie. May contain traces of hydrogen cyanide.

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:-snip-

//Captain was actually talking to Bill. My bad for being a little big vague there.
Last edited by Stellar Expedition on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Stellar Expedition wrote:"That's probably it. I'm not detecting anything particularly strange about them." said the Captain, who gave a brief, acknowledging glance to the two new arrivals. "I'm Fleet Captain Hideki, from the Stellar Expedition. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

"Ah! I forgot to introduce myself properly, my apologies. I am Bill, explorer, researcher, and locomotive engineer. Pleased to meet you."

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:Sawagi had retrieved a glass, though it was empty. Somewhat absent-minded, she placed her hand on the top of the glass, and water began to condense inside of it. When it was full, she took a sip. Kurushimi, meanwhile, had drawn her knife, but then noticed the woman glaring at them. Unbothered, she proceeded to to make an incision in her own arm, her smile only widening as blood gently trickled out.

”Someone’s watching us...” Sawagi tried her best not to focus on it, but couldn’t help but turn around to see the woman staring at them. She had some kind of futuristic armour on, which reminded Sawagi far too much of past enemies. She looked down at her prosthetic leg. That limb had been torn apart- no, best not to think about it. It was a Saloon after all. That meant people would sometimes stare at other people out of curiosity, right?

Kurushimi, meanwhile, gave her slice wound a gentle push, before titling her head to face their observer. She smiled. ”We can see you...you know...may I ask...why you watch us?” Unlike Sawagi’s voice, which always held a tone of anxiety or sadness, Kurushimi’s was soft, and filled with deliberate hesitation.

Eva had a rather stiff, almost traditional role with her master, and often did not speak unless she was asked to. It was advantageous for her, since she wasn't a particularly social person. Of course, this situation did not particularly allow her to be quiet, but she could always just give weak, vague answers, yes?"

"I'm just keeping guard..." mumbled the girl, who had a deep, effeminate voice; a guaranteed contralto singer, if she could even sing. With one of the girls cutting herself for apparently no reason, Eva opted to no longer make eye-contact but visibly struggled to do so.

Foxfound wrote:
Stellar Expedition wrote:"That's probably it. I'm not detecting anything particularly strange about them." said the Captain, who gave a brief, acknowledging glance to the two new arrivals. "I'm Fleet Captain Hideki, from the Stellar Expedition. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

"Ah! I forgot to introduce myself properly, my apologies. I am Bill, explorer, researcher, and locomotive engineer. Pleased to meet you."

Hideki offered a handshake. "Well, as we are in a tavern, there's no use standing around, yes? How does a toast sound?" He smiled.

Hearing that she wouldn't have to stand around, unable to drink all day, Eva lit up, though she quickly forced her face back to a stern one.

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:36 pm

A small old man tumbles out of a chimney nobody noticed. He dusts himself off, then jumps up and down, breaks the floorboards underneath him, and disappears through the newly created hole.

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:46 pm

Bump!

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Foxfound wrote:"Ah! I forgot to introduce myself properly, my apologies. I am Bill, explorer, researcher, and locomotive engineer. Pleased to meet you."

Hideki offered a handshake. "Well, as we are in a tavern, there's no use standing around, yes? How does a toast sound?" He smiled.

Hearing that she wouldn't have to stand around, unable to drink all day, Eva lit up, though she quickly forced her face back to a stern one.

"It sounds simply capital!"

He waved to Mister Mouffan, who seemed to recognize him, bringing him a glass of some obscure vintage that he had presumably ordered before.

"Morelways 1872. They say it is like drinking the falling stars. I've never tried those, but I take their word for it. Old friend! Bring my new friends here some as well, on me."

Karu Nadu wrote:A small old man tumbles out of a chimney nobody noticed. He dusts himself off, then jumps up and down, breaks the floorboards underneath him, and disappears through the newly created hole.

"... Well, that was an occurrence!"

Stellar Expedition wrote:Bump!

(OOC: I don't think you need to bump this thread. Sometimes people just take a break.)
Last edited by Foxfound on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:11 pm

The Fleet Captain took a seat and adjusted his peaked cap. "Ooh, vintage! This place is actually quite a pleasant anomaly!" said the Captain, clapping. He crossed his legs and acquired himself a glass to be filled. Eva took a seat and leaned boredly again the counter. The Captain, sensing her feelings with his powers, gestured with his thumb back to her. "And a glass for the lady, the head of my ship's police, if that is fine?"
Eva blushed a little but shrugged it off quickly.

OOC: Well, duh, but this thread usually isn't inactive for more than a few hours. Really I shouldn't of bumped because it's a pinned thread anyways...

Low bloods
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:53 pm

Vixen leaned back behind the bar counter, filing his horns it wasn't somthing did often but rather grooming that needed to be maintained by hiding them he didn't pay too much attentionto his demonic features. Still a task needed done.

Stellar Expedition wrote:The Fleet Captain took a seat and adjusted his peaked cap. "Ooh, vintage! This place is actually quite a pleasant anomaly!" said the Captain, clapping. He crossed his legs and acquired himself a glass to be filled. Eva took a seat and leaned boredly again the counter. The Captain, sensing her feelings with his powers, gestured with his thumb back to her. "And a glass for the lady, the head of my ship's police, if that is fine?"
Eva blushed a little but shrugged it off quickly.

OOC: Well, duh, but this thread usually isn't inactive for more than a few hours. Really I shouldn't of bumped because it's a pinned thread anyways...

OOC: Pfft, it always makes me chuckle because back in the prior installments, the thread would literally die and I'd have to shock paddle it to life.
I'd be more active, but my hands are full so all I can really do have a little interaction.
(Dead and living)Leader profiles
If you can see us...
Something must surely be wrong.

[Factbook is always rework in progress]
We dont use NS stats here.
Am I too active on some threads, probably, sorrynotsorry!
I made this for newcomers to F7. A post I made
Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 pm

The old man struggles to climb out of the hole int the floor he had just created, but eventually gives up, collapsing with a thump onto the dirt ground, sighing with disappointment. He looks around at his surroundings, and sees stacks of barrels.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Karu Nadu wrote:The old man struggles to climb out of the hole int the floor he had just created, but eventually gives up, collapsing with a thump onto the dirt ground, sighing with disappointment. He looks around at his surroundings, and sees stacks of barrels.

Nearly a more than two dozen sets of eyes blink at the man.
If you can see us...

Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:29 pm

The Fleet Captain turned to Eva, who was resting her head on the counter. The captain passed his drink to his subordinate, who quickly sat back up as if she had did something wrong. "I can't finish it. I'm still not a red-wine person...can you finish this for me?"

Eva nodded. "I suppose I could." replied the girl, matter-of-fact.

The Fleet Captain, sensing the twelve-plus-eyed creature, turned away and looked around. He was perplexed by the presence of not much other than tumbleweeds. "This place emptied out quick! That's the real anomaly here." He chuckled, quite mellow, and turned to the bartender. "You'd think a place like this would be crawling with life, eh? Guess not."

Devernia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Devernia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:43 am

Franz Novell Cunha lived an ordinary life. He was born in a happy upper-class family in a small suburb near Novo Castellos, and graduated high school within there. He would later pursue a degree in philosophy, politics, and economics in the University of Gaerson in Lustan, and much later become a prominent attorney for a slightly-relevant district of Devernia. If you talked to him, you would know he liked golf, swimming, theatre; you know, the usual rich people stuff. Most of his details would bore you to death, but he had a life; not a significant one, in many ways, but a life nonetheless, with at minimum experiences, regrets, and a personality at to share. He had friends, after all.

This is not important. What was important was his sudden disappearance one day, in a presumed car accident. The body, or the car, or any sort of evidence, was never found, except for some broken railings. CCTV solved nothing. In Devernia, he was presumed dead.

From the perspective of Cunha, though, he was driving down the H1 in his Mercedes-Benz-like car, smartphone in hand, talking to who-knows-what. For one second, he dropped his phone and bent down to pick it up, the next he was greeted with a birds-eye view of the ground. He was falling. The airbags went off before he went out a scream. CRASH it went, and Franz passed out.

He would later wake up in Violet knows what hour, with a blinding headache and a bloodied nose, in a completely battered car. It took a while before the gravity of what really happened finally set on him and he was able to shrug just enough to keep going. He undid the seatbelt and grabbed his belongings in a dizzy state. And with that, he slowly opened and crawled out the exit door, then stood up and looked around. Sand, dirt road, a town nearby. No mountains. The scenery definitely looked different.Where the heck in the world am I? he thought. I thought I was in Lustan? He checked his phone, no signal. Shame. The time is 4 PM, but... it doesn't feel right. Shouldn't the sun be over there and not overhead? Wait, did he just- no, it didn't matter. It was probably something with the clock. He needed help.

After a short yet hot trip (thanks, sun), he arrived at the small, dusty town, with dingy wooden buildings on each side, divided by a vast "road", if you could call it that. It honestly looked like some stereotypical Wild West town, down to the... oh would you look at that, a tumbleweed just flew by. He never even saw those through his life in Baan, even with the other typical desert features, like cacti. Whatever, focus, focus. He looked around. Nobody on sight. The buildings look old, very old. No electric poles in sight. Adding to the lack of reception (which is a rare occurrence in Devernia!), it seems that Cunha somehow bizzaro-teleported to some backwater town in the middle of Bigtopia or something. Well, I'll get answers eventually, he thought.

He sights a rather large... bar? Thing? Saloon? Oh yeah, that was the word. He sighted the large, stereotypical-looking saloon, which, to quote verbatim from the OP, is "complete with batwing doors and far too much dust than it has any right to have". "Ram's Head Saloon", the large, rusty, metal-edged signage over the porch said. And he heard people chattering. People! Everyone in town seems to be having their day in the wee ol' bar. He'll find a way out. He's sure.

He went up the stairs in resounding creaks, pushed apart the doors, and stepped inside.

no, not every post is going to be this long
probably
also will update tomorrow with more plot stuff, in the meantime put your responses if any
also what is the general "feel" of the bar? like what are the stools, the rooms, etc. like? is it *ehem* bearable? is it high-class?
Last edited by Devernia on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
Comunidade de Devernha [MT 2019]
???
NS stats may or may not be used.

NOTE: Will nearly retcon everything soon.
RECENT HEADLINES:26 Officials In Parliament Found With NCoV | Devernian Stock Market Collapses In Global Recession | "How Long Will We Last?" Declares Opinion Piece In Gaerson Journal

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 am

Devernia wrote:Franz Novell Cunha lived an ordinary life. He was born in a happy upper-class family in a small suburb near Novo Castellos, and graduated high school within there. He would later pursue a degree in philosophy, politics, and economics in the University of Gaerson in Lustan, and much later become a prominent attorney for a slightly-relevant district of Devernia. If you talked to him, you would know he liked golf, swimming, theatre; you know, the usual rich people stuff. Most of his details would bore you to death, but he had a life; not a significant one, in many ways, but a life nonetheless, with at minimum experiences, regrets, and a personality at to share. He had friends, after all.

This is not important. What was important was his sudden disappearance one day, in a presumed car accident. The body, or the car, or any sort of evidence, was never found, except for some broken railings. CCTV solved nothing. In Devernia, he was presumed dead.

From the perspective of Cunha, though, he was driving down the H1 in his Mercedes-Benz-like car, smartphone in hand, talking to who-knows-what. For one second, he dropped his phone and bent down to pick it up, the next he was greeted with a birds-eye view of the ground. He was falling. The airbags went off before he went out a scream. CRASH it went, and Franz passed out.

He would later wake up in Violet knows what hour, with a blinding headache and a bloodied nose, in a completely battered car. It took a while before the gravity of what really happened finally set on him and he was able to shrug just enough to keep going. He undid the seatbelt and grabbed his belongings in a dizzy state. And with that, he slowly opened and crawled out the exit door, then stood up and looked around. Sand, dirt road, a town nearby. No mountains. The scenery definitely looked different.Where the heck in the world am I? he thought. I thought I was in Lustan? He checked his phone, no signal. Shame. The time is 4 PM, but... it doesn't feel right. Shouldn't the sun be over there and not overhead? Wait, did he just- no, it didn't matter. It was probably something with the clock. He needed help.

After a short yet hot trip (thanks, sun), he arrived at the small, dusty town, with dingy wooden buildings on each side, divided by a vast "road", if you could call it that. It honestly looked like some stereotypical Wild West town, down to the... oh would you look at that, a tumbleweed just flew by. He never even saw those through his life in Baan, even with the other typical desert features, like cacti. Whatever, focus, focus. He looked around. Nobody on sight. The buildings look old, very old. No electric poles in sight. Adding to the lack of reception (which is a rare occurrence in Devernia!), it seems that Cunha somehow bizzaro-teleported to some backwater town in the middle of Bigtopia or something. Well, I'll get answers eventually, he thought.

He sights a rather large... bar? Thing? Saloon? Oh yeah, that was the word. He sighted the large, stereotypical-looking saloon, which, to quote verbatim from the OP, is "complete with batwing doors and far too much dust than it has any right to have". "Ram's Head Saloon", the large, rusty, metal-edged signage over the porch said. And he heard people chattering. People! Everyone in town seems to be having their day in the wee ol' bar. He'll find a way out. He's sure.

He went up the stairs in resounding creaks, pushed apart the doors, and stepped inside.

no, not every post is going to be this long
probably
also will update tomorrow with more plot stuff, in the meantime put your responses if any
also what is the general "feel" of the bar? like what are the stools, the rooms, etc. like? is it *ehem* bearable? is it high-class?

Duncan, a seemingly young man in a depressingly-faded button down shirt and tie, was playing his usual card game with Mr. Humbold and Mr. Wiltshire. He looked up at the man entering and seemed to sense immediately that he felt lost. It was a feeling familiar to him.

Too familiar.

"Another lost soul? What unfortunate circumstances brought you here? I can see it in your eyes that this isn't where you want to be."

Stellar Expedition
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellar Expedition » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:34 am

Franz caught the eye of a pair of strange, hi-tech folk. One was a handsome blond man in some sort of jet-black officer's uniform with some star designs running down it and a cape adorned with crystals, and the other was a curvaceous, beautiful, but stern-looking girl in a form-fitting sort of white suit that looked like something out of Tron with high-heels included.

A silver-haired, boyish-looking young adult with a white officer's uniform and a sheathed blade floating (literally) by his hip entered.
Last edited by Stellar Expedition on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:31 am

Low bloods wrote:
Karu Nadu wrote:The old man struggles to climb out of the hole int the floor he had just created, but eventually gives up, collapsing with a thump onto the dirt ground, sighing with disappointment. He looks around at his surroundings, and sees stacks of barrels.

Nearly a more than two dozen sets of eyes blink at the man.

"Ajjat! Meiuay apet!" The man screams profanely in Karu.
Last edited by Karu Nadu on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Karu Nadu wrote:
Low bloods wrote:Nearly a more than two dozen sets of eyes blink at the man.

"Ajjat! Meiuay apet!" The man screams profanely in Karu.

Out from the shadows Vixen walked out a switch as flipped on shedding light into the room all the eyes were gone besides a few that lie in the bartender's shadow.

He offered a hand to help the man up "You seem to have stumbled outo the bars cellar. Are you alright?" He glanced at the hole in the baseboards that were seemingly being patched up as they spoke.
If you can see us...

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:24 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Karu Nadu wrote:"Ajjat! Meiuay apet!" The man screams profanely in Karu.

Out from the shadows Vixen walked out a switch as flipped on shedding light into the room all the eyes were gone besides a few that lie in the bartender's shadow.

He offered a hand to help the man up "You seem to have stumbled outo the bars cellar. Are you alright?" He glanced at the hole in the baseboards that were seemingly being patched up as they spoke.

"Yes. Thank you." The man stands up dusting himself off.
"I wish I could say that this is an uncommon occurrence with me, but it really isn't. Used to happen when I was growing up in Goa."

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Third Kingdom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:52 pm

Is on the roof in his fox form and howls at the super blood wolf moon, which was joined by dozen of howls. Some would consider the moon as a bad sign and the howls even a worse sign but its not. He howls one last time and just watched the moon become blood red.
Loyal to the fox and dragon.
Battletech is awesome!
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
I am your delusion.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives