NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v4]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:05 am

Valentina found a good spot/an area of floor to sit on and adjusting her clothing and the surrounding, she moved a few tables and sat down.

Well, for my size, I'm just glad that I'm able to stand up like that, but I suppose that I should sit down. My back hurts from hunching all the time!
- Valentina “De Sierlijke & Vrij High Valkyrie” Samantha Maxine Ada Jolin Annelijn Caitlin Trijntje Tracie Michelle Constance Thida Myat Yadana
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Aaaaaa
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aaaaaa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 am

Slowly stepping through the batwing doors of the saloon was a confused, somewhat timid young girl, who wasn't sure in the slightest how she got here, nor was she sure how to process even the quickest glances she took at the various sorts of characters around the room. The last thing she could remember was going to bed and... is this a dream? 'It doesn't feel like a dream, it's too vivid.' She thought in her native Aaaaaan. Though, she wasn't exactly sure how she would know if something "feels" like a dream if it is one, but regardless...

While not a place she would typically go, something had been drawing her deeper into the saloon, or more specifically, drawing her out of the streets. Figuring it would be rather odd to just keep standing next to the doors, she awkwardly made her way towards the bar (while trying not to stare at some of the more... eccentric looking guests) and ordered a beer. Luckily she had her ID with her, as the bartender was fairly skeptical if she was even of age or not, though she couldn't remember putting it in her pocket.
"Let thy freedom be a beacon of independence, a conduit of good deeds, and a giving of praise to the Lord."
Click here for the Aaaaaan Conflict Map (Updated January 2024)
=== AAAAAA ===
Progressively ruining NationStates since December 2012™ (Add 4000+ posts)

Aaaaaa (pronounced AH-AY-UH)
Aaaaaan News Ticker (Updated August 8th 2023)
AURNVONS LAUNCH ATTACKS ON SPICUEIL AGAIN • BOMBSHELL REPORT ALLEGES LIEVUE TROOPS DELIBERATELY KILLING CIVILIANS • BEATINNEN SAYS ACTIVE REBELLION STANDS AT "WELL OVER 3000 ARMED MEN & WOMEN" • LIEVUE MEDIA CLAIM CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT IS IN DEVELOPMENT

Low bloods
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Vixen laughs as he watches all the visitors coming through. "So many new faces." He tried his best to catch everyone's orders. And just as it seems he would slip up and miss someone a shadow creature would crawl out of a table to serve some of the bargoes.
(Dead and living)Leader profiles
If you can see us...
Something must surely be wrong.

[Factbook is always rework in progress]
We dont use NS stats here.
Am I too active on some threads, probably, sorrynotsorry!
I made this for newcomers to F7. A post I made
Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

FTLverse
Secretary

Founded: Jan 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby FTLverse » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Kazaraathkik crept his way inside of the Saloon. It was difficult to miss his body- the form of an oversized praying mantis, as large as a man, with bulging eyes and a torn uniform covered in stains of blood, dust and green specks. Kazaraathkik leapt across a pair of empty tables to reach the bar proper, his head twitching as he considered his options. “Blargh! Pathetic meatsack alcohol is worthless! Give me something acidic, strong!” Without a second thought, he turned back around and examined the room. “So many meatsacks in here...yet perhaps some more worthy of consideration...”
A nation known as FTLverse jumps into the thread. What should you do?
1. Attack the nation
2. Leave it be
3. (Online Database Access) Examine their species

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:23 pm

A great roar was heard as a flying locomotive landed outside, not for the first time. The man known only as Bill calmly entered the saloon, hands clasped behind his back.
FTLverse wrote:Kazaraathkik crept his way inside of the Saloon. It was difficult to miss his body- the form of an oversized praying mantis, as large as a man, with bulging eyes and a torn uniform covered in stains of blood, dust and green specks. Kazaraathkik leapt across a pair of empty tables to reach the bar proper, his head twitching as he considered his options. “Blargh! Pathetic meatsack alcohol is worthless! Give me something acidic, strong!” Without a second thought, he turned back around and examined the room. “So many meatsacks in here...yet perhaps some more worthy of consideration...”

He studied the creature he knew to be a Mantis from a distance before approaching in a friendly manner.

"Either I've made a gross misjudgement, or I've found a fellow space traveler. Greetings, my friend."

The strange man didn't look like a space traveler, that much was certain. The strange machine outside didn't look like a starship, either. The man himself didn't seem afraid of the obviously deadly Mantis, though he didn't seem oblivious either, somehow.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

FTLverse
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby FTLverse » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:48 pm

Foxfound wrote:A great roar was heard as a flying locomotive landed outside, not for the first time. The man known only as Bill calmly entered the saloon, hands clasped behind his back.
FTLverse wrote:Kazaraathkik crept his way inside of the Saloon. It was difficult to miss his body- the form of an oversized praying mantis, as large as a man, with bulging eyes and a torn uniform covered in stains of blood, dust and green specks. Kazaraathkik leapt across a pair of empty tables to reach the bar proper, his head twitching as he considered his options. “Blargh! Pathetic meatsack alcohol is worthless! Give me something acidic, strong!” Without a second thought, he turned back around and examined the room. “So many meatsacks in here...yet perhaps some more worthy of consideration...”

He studied the creature he knew to be a Mantis from a distance before approaching in a friendly manner.

"Either I've made a gross misjudgement, or I've found a fellow space traveler. Greetings, my friend."

The strange man didn't look like a space traveler, that much was certain. The strange machine outside didn't look like a starship, either. The man himself didn't seem afraid of the obviously deadly Mantis, though he didn't seem oblivious either, somehow.

Kazaraakthik noticed the man approaching and retracted his claw-hands closer in to his body- mainly so that if he needed to lunge, he could attack quickly. Is this meatsack a fool? He didn’t look like the average human, but this was a strange new sector. Humans are useless. Anything they can do, another can do better. “Surprised to see a space traveller? What universe do you think this is, fleshbag?” The mantis looked him over., mandibles chittering. “What brings you to this place?”
1. Attack the nation
2. Leave it be

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:55 pm

FTLverse wrote:
Foxfound wrote:A great roar was heard as a flying locomotive landed outside, not for the first time. The man known only as Bill calmly entered the saloon, hands clasped behind his back.

Kazaraakthik noticed the man approaching and retracted his claw-hands closer in to his body- mainly so that if he needed to lunge, he could attack quickly. Is this meatsack a fool? He didn’t look like the average human, but this was a strange new sector. Humans are useless. Anything they can do, another can do better. “Surprised to see a space traveller? What universe do you think this is, fleshbag?” The mantis looked him over., mandibles chittering. “What brings you to this place?”

"Hard to say. This building is something of an anomaly. When I step out the door I end up in my own world, but for you I suspect it's different. I know space travel is young in my universe, though. I assume your ships must not run on steam anymore, to say the least.
I suppose I come here to meet new people. Sometimes people want passage to other parts of the solar system. Not easy to travel like that in this part of the worldlet.
Anyway, my name's Bill."

Much of this likely didn't make a lot of sense, but if the Mantis looked around he'd probably notice that the various patrons of the saloon couldn't possibly all be from the same timeline.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:58 pm

"Damn that peyote...." the man now known as Wyatt would say as he turned his attention back to his alcohol
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

FTLverse
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby FTLverse » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Foxfound wrote:
FTLverse wrote:

"Hard to say. This building is something of an anomaly. When I step out the door I end up in my own world, but for you I suspect it's different. I know space travel is young in my universe, though. I assume your ships must not run on steam anymore, to say the least.
I suppose I come here to meet new people. Sometimes people want passage to other parts of the solar system. Not easy to travel like that in this part of the worldlet.
Anyway, my name's Bill."

Much of this likely didn't make a lot of sense, but if the Mantis looked around he'd probably notice that the various patrons of the saloon couldn't possibly all be from the same timeline.

“Universe? You mean...this is...gah! Wait...perhaps this is for the best. I’m sure I can surprise our enemies if we use crew they’ve never even heard of!” He clicked his mandibles together in a manner which vaguely resembled laughter. “What kind of ship runs on steam, anyway? What are you, a green gasbag in disguise? If you were, maybe you’d be useful to us. But I don’t think you are. Correct, human meatsack? This outpost is stranger than I assumed. But maybe I can use that for my benefit.”
1. Attack the nation
2. Leave it be

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 pm

FTLverse wrote:
Foxfound wrote:"Hard to say. This building is something of an anomaly. When I step out the door I end up in my own world, but for you I suspect it's different. I know space travel is young in my universe, though. I assume your ships must not run on steam anymore, to say the least.
Anyway, my name's Bill."

“Universe? You mean...this is...gah! Wait...perhaps this is for the best. I’m sure I can surprise our enemies if we use crew they’ve never even heard of!” He clicked his mandibles together in a manner which vaguely resembled laughter. “What kind of ship runs on steam, anyway? What are you, a green gasbag in disguise? If you were, maybe you’d be useful to us. But I don’t think you are. Correct, human meatsack? This outpost is stranger than I assumed. But maybe I can use that for my benefit.”

"I'm not a Zoltan, if that's what you mean. Either way, I'm not a particular fan of fighting, even if I do have some experience in it.

As for the steam power... I could show you my craft if you wished, but I imagine you'd laugh. It's essentially a direct evolution of the steam locomotive. My world's Earth broke apart in the 1800s, and these were eventually invented to allow transport between the different worldlets that resulted."

Ursingard
Civilian

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ursingard » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:18 pm

The Ursins are casually playing poker.

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:21 pm

'The fifth of everything you may have and no more.' he says to a group of people that were looking at a map with mini armies on it in various location.

The map was a city with various armies well one army around it bisected with a river and another army or armies nearby.
Loyal to the fox and dragon.
Battletech is awesome!
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
I am your delusion.

FTLverse
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby FTLverse » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Foxfound wrote:
FTLverse wrote:

"I'm not a Zoltan, if that's what you mean. Either way, I'm not a particular fan of fighting, even if I do have some experience in it.

As for the steam power... I could show you my craft if you wished, but I imagine you'd laugh. It's essentially a direct evolution of the steam locomotive. My world's Earth broke apart in the 1800s, and these were eventually invented to allow transport between the different worldlets that resulted."

This was starting to confuse the mantis a little. For a moment, he’d assumed this was some kind of other universe he’d stumbled into, but if the locals were familiar with the gasbags, then that wasn’t the case. Unless they’d come in on one of their pitiful scientific expeditions? “Your world sounds strange. Earth, you say...ah, the legendary home planet of you humans? Broken apart? Anyway. I am not surprised you lack the spirit of violence. But it is not a warrior we seek. It is a pilot. One to take care of our vessel while we plunder from our enemies and their shops, left empty through the power of our claws.”
1. Attack the nation
2. Leave it be

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 pm

FTLverse wrote:
Foxfound wrote:"I'm not a Zoltan, if that's what you mean. Either way, I'm not a particular fan of fighting, even if I do have some experience in it.

This was starting to confuse the mantis a little. For a moment, he’d assumed this was some kind of other universe he’d stumbled into, but if the locals were familiar with the gasbags, then that wasn’t the case. Unless they’d come in on one of their pitiful scientific expeditions? “Your world sounds strange. Earth, you say...ah, the legendary home planet of you humans? Broken apart? Anyway. I am not surprised you lack the spirit of violence. But it is not a warrior we seek. It is a pilot. One to take care of our vessel while we plunder from our enemies and their shops, left empty through the power of our claws.”

"Oh, I'm more than capable of violence. It just doesn't appeal to me. Sorry to say, but I have no experience with your world's more modern ships. And if I did, I'm afraid I cannot take part in any sort of theft or murder."

He walked off to the bar, where he got himself a glass of water.

FTLverse
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby FTLverse » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Foxfound wrote:
FTLverse wrote:

"Oh, I'm more than capable of violence. It just doesn't appeal to me. Sorry to say, but I have no experience with your world's more modern ships. And if I did, I'm afraid I cannot take part in any sort of theft or murder."

“I can’t say I’m surprised.” The mantis took a step closer. “I can’t say I’m impressed, either.” Kazaraathkik then skittered over to a nearby table and did his best to try and sit down, though due to his biology, the motion was extremely awkward. “I hope I’ll find someone worth taking here...”
1. Attack the nation
2. Leave it be

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 am

FTLverse wrote:
Foxfound wrote:"Oh, I'm more than capable of violence. It just doesn't appeal to me. Sorry to say, but I have no experience with your world's more modern ships. And if I did, I'm afraid I cannot take part in any sort of theft or murder."

“I can’t say I’m surprised.” The mantis took a step closer. “I can’t say I’m impressed, either.” Kazaraathkik then skittered over to a nearby table and did his best to try and sit down, though due to his biology, the motion was extremely awkward. “I hope I’ll find someone worth taking here...”

'I can only hope that isnt me.' Cain thought to himself as he was slightly grossed out by the creature,
though in he figured it wouldn't be any different the other way around he grunted and eyed him for the while.
If you can see us...

Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 am

General Castro-Stalina sat up and sang in a clear girlish voice:
"Es war einmal ein treuer Husar,
Der liebt' sein Mädchen ein ganzes Jahr,
Ein ganzes Jahr und noch viel mehr,
Die Liebe nahm kein Ende mehr."
Then she dropped her head back onto the bar, hard enough to rattle the glasses.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:General Castro-Stalina sat up and sang in a clear girlish voice:

Vixen couldn't help but to poke her to see if she was still alive.
If you can see us...

FTLverse
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby FTLverse » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:General Castro-Stalina sat up and sang in a clear girlish voice:

Kazaraathkik heard some kind of singing. After a few moments of it, he considered walking over and eliminating the source. Before he could do anything, however, the woman doing it smashed her head into the bar with considerable force. What an unuusal meatsack.
1. Attack the nation
2. Leave it be

Ursingard
Civilian

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ursingard » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Low bloods wrote:

Amused looks and snickers from the Ursins. They begin to bellow out a song of their own.

"What shall we do with the drunken sailor?
What shall we do with the drunken sailor?
What we do with the drunken sailor
Earl-eye in the morning?

Way hay, when up she rises
Earl-eye in the morning

Shave his belly with a rusty razor
Earl-eye in the morning

Earl-eye in the morning.

Put him in the back of paddy wagon
Earl-eye in the morning

Earl-eye in the morning.

Put him in the bed with the captain's daughter
Earl-eye in the morning

Earl-eye in the morning

(Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, heeeey.) twice

Put him in a longboat 'till he's sober
Earl-eye in the morning

Earl-eye in the morning

That's what we do with the drunken sailor
What we do with the the drunken sailor
That's what we do with the drunken sailor
Earl-eye in the morning

Earl-eye in the morning

(Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, heeeey.) x3"

Raucous laughter
Last edited by Ursingard on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:32 pm

"I never was much of a singer. The knight shook his head "As all the victories I prefer to stay silent for the ones we lost, and the souls we slaughtered." He crossed his arms and yawns. "Those times were what seemed to be a millennia away."
If you can see us...

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Kaizer Luka sauntered into the bar in his signature navy blue dictator-esque uniform, with a red and gold sash, and a peaked cap with the emblem of his family's coat of arms. A silver-plated SMG with faux wood grips hung by his waist by a shoulder sling.
Leader Anthem Overview
An alternate universe Letheny - where the monarchy never lost its power.

A 14 civilization, according to this index.
Current Year: 2017
Tech level: MT
We don't use NS stats!
IC Q&A Thread - Koningsplatz Alliance
TG me if you wanna talk, RP, or do whatever!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Third Kingdom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Outside outside as in not in the same place but yet the same. A large battle was taking place the city had fallen and now they moved on. Alas the army that was watching went following them, until the reached ruins of a large city.

'Damn it! Alright this is a minor well major setback. Ok pull back resupply and do two shorties.'

He pointed to the south side of the city and the west.

'Should've know this would happen. The silver dragon better get here quick and dispell the enemies mist.'

The mist was causing havoc on both armies senors but the enemy had developed a senor to view through the mist cause slightly more deaths for his army.

'I'll need five people to come with me and take one of the new weapons without destroying it.'

Thus the action was set in motion.
Loyal to the fox and dragon.
Battletech is awesome!
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
I am your delusion.

FTLverse
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby FTLverse » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Lethen Empire wrote:Kaizer Luka sauntered into the bar in his signature navy blue dictator-esque uniform, with a red and gold sash, and a peaked cap with the emblem of his family's coat of arms. A silver-plated SMG with faux wood grips hung by his waist by a shoulder sling.

Kazaraathkik examined the new entry, taking note of the elanorate uniform and his possession of some kind of weapon. Coated with wooden material? Perhaps it is decorated with the spoils taken from a slaughtered plant race. Wait, no...that is not truly living matter, is it? Irrelevant, he is armed. “Ah, a warrior of humankind. At last, perhaps one worthy of conversation.” The mantis scurried over, though stopped before getting too close. There was a chance, after all, of him being attacked.
1. Attack the nation
2. Leave it be

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:27 am

Low bloods wrote:

"Am I still alive?" General Castro-Stalina asked, her voice still muffled by the bar.

Sergeant Morrison reached out with two fingers almost as big as her neck to check her carotid. "Yes."

"All right then."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives