Page 1 of 409

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:57 pm
by Stanier
Since the other thread is at almost 500 pages, I've decided to create a second version, here's the description from the original:

E.G:

Nation A: We actually put carrots in our burgers.
Nation B: You seem to be obsessed with carrots.
In Nation B, blue hats are outlawed.
Nation C: Thanks god green hats are not outlawed! In fact, green hats are mandatory in my nation!


Lets begin:

After a lengthy discussion, Stanier has decided to turn this Song into it's national anthem...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm
by Fogwood Wilderness
Pan-America under the United States wrote:
YugoslavUnion wrote:Interesting

Due to advanced medicine
People in their 90s still look like they are 20 or 30 years old
And most Yugoslavs live to be over 100

Sounds like a future where Southern Slavs no longer want to kill each other and decide to work together. I like it.

Federal Elections? In my America? Hell nah. Autocratic Capitalism with Civil Liberties baby!

That's a hell of an America.

Stanier wrote:Since the other thread is at almost 500 pages, I've decided to create a second version, here's the description from the original:

E.G:

Nation A: We actually put carrots in our burgers.
Nation B: You seem to be obsessed with carrots.
In Nation B, blue hats are outlawed.
Nation C: Thanks god green hats are not outlawed! In fact, green hats are mandatory in my nation!


Lets begin:

After a lengthy discussion, Stanier has decided to turn this Song into it's national anthem...

Eh...eh...
eh....
Yeah you go ahead and do that, more power to you.


Ridock, one of the five immortal Councillors, is often restrained from speaking to other leaders because he has quite the mouth, and enjoys running his lip off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 pm
by Serpenteum
Fogwood Wilderness wrote:
Pan-America under the United States wrote:Sounds like a future where Southern Slavs no longer want to kill each other and decide to work together. I like it.

Federal Elections? In my America? Hell nah. Autocratic Capitalism with Civil Liberties baby!

That's a hell of an America.

Stanier wrote:Since the other thread is at almost 500 pages, I've decided to create a second version, here's the description from the original:

E.G:

Nation A: We actually put carrots in our burgers.
Nation B: You seem to be obsessed with carrots.
In Nation B, blue hats are outlawed.
Nation C: Thanks god green hats are not outlawed! In fact, green hats are mandatory in my nation!


Lets begin:

After a lengthy discussion, Stanier has decided to turn this Song into it's national anthem...

Eh...eh...
eh....
Yeah you go ahead and do that, more power to you.


Ridock, one of the five immortal Councillors, is often restrained from speaking to other leaders because he has quite the mouth, and enjoys running his lip off.

how the hell are they immortal in the first place?


there is a classified military robot project, Proiect 19, that is capable of anything. it can transform into several shapes, is very slim, and has 3 arms and 2 legs. 1 arm has an attached laser that can cut through most substances. another has a counter-projectile gun that can destroy small missiles and even bullets in mid air. the last has an energy blade at the end it can put in and out at will, and this blade can cut through titanium like cheese. it has a booster on its back, also slim, that allows it to boost good distances in mid-air. this is still a prototype but Nepamantesc Technologies expects it to be declassified in 4 months.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:34 pm
by Nantoraka
Serpenteum wrote:
Fogwood Wilderness wrote:That's a hell of an America.


Eh...eh...
eh....
Yeah you go ahead and do that, more power to you.


Ridock, one of the five immortal Councillors, is often restrained from speaking to other leaders because he has quite the mouth, and enjoys running his lip off.

how the hell are they immortal in the first place?


there is a classified military robot project, Proiect 19, that is capable of anything. it can transform into several shapes, is very slim, and has 3 arms and 2 legs. 1 arm has an attached laser that can cut through most substances. another has a counter-projectile gun that can destroy small missiles and even bullets in mid air. the last has an energy blade at the end it can put in and out at will, and this blade can cut through titanium like cheese. it has a booster on its back, also slim, that allows it to boost good distances in mid-air. this is still a prototype but Nepamantesc Technologies expects it to be declassified in 4 months.

And yet, you still don't have enough dakka.
I bet if I spill water on it, it'll malfunction.

Director Phur'an, despite the treatment he gives other leaders, his coldness, and his apathy, really likes cats.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:37 pm
by Centroguay
Well, that's definitely a relief? I'm glad that cats are probably valued in your society.

Centroguay does not have an income tax.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:50 pm
by Dytarma
How in the world do they survive?!

Our current leader, Bulän VI, is married to his sister, Ħälen VI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:04 pm
by Blizzardian Empire
Dytarma wrote:How in the world do they survive?!

Our current leader, Bulän VI, is married to his sister, Ħälen VI

Maybe under Communism, you will not have to deal with that.

We are communist, but we are so authoritarian that some people call us fascists.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:18 pm
by The Cosmic Frankish Empire
They don't understand what fascism is then.

Type 1 diabetes does not exist in the Cosmic Frankish Empire due to universal foetal screening and gene editing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:18 pm
by Las Palmeras
That's neat. It probably also eliminates mental health issues.



Though infrasound and electromagnetism do provide a near-constant source of melancholy, some investigators consider that centuries of generations living in our islands have made the general populace very unlikely to experience major depression. Indeed, suicide rates are extremely low even though lesser depression is very common.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 pm
by Blodrike
Frøya: "See, we never have those kinds of problems with steam engines."



Owners of tower clocks are required to keep the correct time, using the clock of the local railway station as the reference. If the clock strikes more than 5 minutes before/after the hour, or the hands show a time wrong by more than 5 minutes, the owner can be fined 250 kroner. If the clock is stopped for repair, the hands must be removed or covered.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm
by Martian Communities
A bit harsh, but keeping accurate time is of utmost importance.

A group of people once terrified the capital by marching into it with a homemade tripod.

Authorities were not amused.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 pm
by Freed Lymonia
what is the punishment for something like that


the reason for use treason of treason laws is for a number of reasons. this started in the constitutional debates where this idea of the individual being harmed is equivalent to harming the state itself. think of this way. the state is made from the people, so if you harm one of those people in ways including theft or murder then you are doing the same as committing treason since treason is betraying the country.

Your opinion on an interesting fact about the AN? (V2)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:57 am
by The Islands of Versilia
Continuation of the last thread!
Previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=385368

“It's simple: you note an interesting or weird fact about your nation and the next poster writes what he/she thinks about it.

E.g.:

Nation A: We actually put carrots in our burgers.
Nation B: You seem to be obsessed with carrots.
In Nation B, blue hats are outlawed.
Nation C: Thanks god green hats are not outlawed! In fact, green hats are mandatory in my nation!”
- Medwedian Democratic Federation, original thread creator

I’ll start:
The average Versilian female is under or around 5ft tall, whilst most males stand around 6ft tall.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 am
by Fogwood Wilderness
*cough*

Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and guess that everyone is either a dwarf, or more likely, a loli.
Best be checking out the FBI watchlist buddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:01 am
by Byzantii
FIGHT!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:01 am
by The Islands of Versilia
Fogwood Wilderness wrote:*cough*

Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and guess that everyone is either a dwarf, or more likely, a loli.
Best be checking out the FBI watchlist buddy

Bugger.
/SKIP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:03 am
by Pilarcraft
the mental gymnastics required to reach a conclusion as vague as that deserves a medal in olympics.


About that, Pilarcraft does not have prisons. The Majority of crimes can be solved with fines (or public service). The Most Severe Crimes are basic execution.
There is a concept called "Detention Facility", but you can't be detained for any time longer than 5 days.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 am
by Seredina
Seems a noble thought, but a questionable practice.



Following a constitutional referendum earlier in the year, Seredina restored its monarchy on 7 July 1992 — exactly 50 years after the incumbent monarch, Alexander V, came to the throne whilst in exile. As such, not only was it treated as a ‘Restoration Day’ but also as the King’s Golden Jubilee as well as a day of refounding national identity.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 am
by Fogwood Wilderness
Pilarcraft wrote:the mental gymnastics required to reach a conclusion as vague as that deserves a medal in olympics.


About that, Pilarcraft does not have prisons. The Majority of crimes can be solved with fines (or public service). The Most Severe Crimes are basic execution.
There is a concept called "Detention Facility", but you can't be detained for any time longer than 5 days.

I feel like crime is pretty high up there on the scale.

Edit:
holidayception?

The Council is made up if 5 immortal individuals, all granted immortality from the very personification of light magic itself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:06 am
by Pilarcraft
Fogwood Wilderness wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:the mental gymnastics required to reach a conclusion as vague as that deserves a medal in olympics.


About that, Pilarcraft does not have prisons. The Majority of crimes can be solved with fines (or public service). The Most Severe Crimes are basic execution.
There is a concept called "Detention Facility", but you can't be detained for any time longer than 5 days.

I feel like crime is pretty high up there on the scale.

The Council is made up if 5 immortal individuals, all granted immortality from the very personification of light magic itself.

actually, nope. Crime is relatively low. Almost non-existent in the states that don't have a law enforcement. in the states with law enforcement the majority of crimes (still extremely low) are done by the Law Enforcement themselves XD
/skip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:07 am
by The Islands of Versilia
Strange, but okay. Though, hopefully they’re open to reform when needed.


The average Versilian female is under or around 5ft tall, whilst most males stand around 6ft tall.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 am
by Seredina
That’s quite a discrepancy.



The Seredinan language is Slavic but considerably influence by Swedish and German, about as much as English was influenced by French.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 am
by Fogwood Wilderness
Pilarcraft wrote:
Fogwood Wilderness wrote:I feel like crime is pretty high up there on the scale.

The Council is made up if 5 immortal individuals, all granted immortality from the very personification of light magic itself.

actually, nope. Crime is relatively low. Almost non-existent in the states that don't have a law enforcement. in the states with law enforcement the majority of crimes (still extremely low) are done by the Law Enforcement themselves XD
/skip

Bah! Impossible! I refuse to believe it!

The Islands of Versilia wrote:Strange, but okay. Though, hopefully they’re open to reform when needed.


The average Versilian female is under or around 5ft tall, whilst most males stand around 6ft tall.

More or less: each councillor differs in their views and goals. Whenever significant reforms are needed, they would convene and vote on a course of action, and the majority rule would pass. Two of the councillors (Slaormr and Ridock) straight up refuse to be caught up in the rife world of politics, and focus more on what would be best for the people and not themselves.

Image

/skip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:12 am
by Byzantii
~Serendina
---
Interesting. It must be useful for learning new languages.


Speaking of height, the tallest building in all of Byzantii is a large Office building in Constantinople standing at 1,272 feet. It has been graciously named the 'Pillar of Constantine'.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:16 am
by Fogwood Wilderness
Byzantii wrote:~Serendina
---
Interesting. It must be useful for learning new languages.


Speaking of height, the tallest building in all of Byzantii is a large Office building in Constantinople standing at 1,272 feet. It has been graciously named the 'Pillar of Constantine'.

That's actually fairly impressive height.

Ridock once accidentally drank spoiled, curdled milk - mistaking it for a glass of milk he already drank a few minutes before. The Council, even Slaormr, have never stopped giving him shit about it.