NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 pm

If it's so powerful, how is it used as a grenade? I'd imagine whoever throwing a tiny nuke exploding in a few seconds afterwards with the enemy despite cover. Unless the mini nuke has the same power as a mini nuke and not a huge-arse nuke, then it kinda makes sense.

Despite the government's welcoming stance to aliens, racism still exists on both sides, albeit in small scales. Particularly mean aliens call humans "mudbloods", "dirt(bags)", "dirt-people" and other earth-related slurs due to the fact that Adam was made from soil. Humans are more creative with their insults, with some individuals coming up with at least one slur for every species encountered instead of borrowing ones from another species.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:If it's so powerful, how is it used as a grenade? I'd imagine whoever throwing a tiny nuke exploding in a few seconds afterwards with the enemy despite cover. Unless the mini nuke has the same power as a mini nuke and not a huge-arse nuke, then it kinda makes sense.

I already said how. The M'Lekk'Torr can go incorporeal, and can resist heat and radiation (they laugh at lightsabers). They can throw a pellet up, phase out, and duck into the ground (or just look away).

/skip
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Godular wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:If it's so powerful, how is it used as a grenade? I'd imagine whoever throwing a tiny nuke exploding in a few seconds afterwards with the enemy despite cover. Unless the mini nuke has the same power as a mini nuke and not a huge-arse nuke, then it kinda makes sense.

I already said how. The M'Lekk'Torr can go incorporeal, and can resist heat and radiation (they laugh at lightsabers). They can throw a pellet up, phase out, and duck into the ground (or just look away).

/skip

Oohh..I thought the nukes make them go incorporeal. Sorry, your post makes a lot more sense now.

/Skip
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Alpes a Septentrionali imperium wrote:Congratulations, you have electric boats! But what generates all this electricity? Solar panels, miniature wind turbines, or an advanced Hydroelectric system.

Essentially nuclear power.
Synne Industries wrote:Opinion on AN's fact: Well being Eco-friendly isn't exactly as important when you frequently jump dimensions but still, burning up lakes worth of oil and leaving without a trace significantly reduces the chance of multiversal alliances if the fleet ever needs to return somewhere. Also something something morality and technology flex.

Well these are ships made from a normal-ish nation, not made for multiversal jumping about.
/skip
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)
Working on ONI-2* 3D Model!! | Factbooks on hold for research | God I Love Nukes | Nuclear Howitzers vs soft scifi
The Indomitable Human Spirit Will Prevail All Misery, Suffering Is But The Path To Growth
most glorious puppet of UIJ
i am almost certainly drunk/high on NS, forgive me (or not idc) if its' obvious
i am not liberal but I am liberal in my use of nuclear ordnance and that is my politics
th-thanks mods!!!! *gives Plutonium & U-234* oopise hehe *violent nuclear death*

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
Godular wrote:

/skip

Oohh..I thought the nukes make them go incorporeal. Sorry, your post makes a lot more sense now.

/Skip

Ah, naw... M'Lekk'Torr can specifically phase through solid matter and stuff... they make rather terrifying infiltrators. That armored door you thought would keep bad guys out? Just keeps you in... and the blast contained. :)

/skip
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Tohorin
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tohorin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Hmm....Abrahamic faiths are a reference to humanity for aliens. Thank goodness you're Muslims and not trinitarian. At least you won't totally screw them over conceptually.

The flag of the Tohorinese Empire can be considered a syncretic cosmogram. In olden times, the Home Island was represented as a blue circle which was the known world surrounded by a red circle, the color of both represented twilight and a mystical union of the material and spiritual. The Home Island was also considered the center of the Universe, which is why it's surrounded by 4 Cardinal Points that are represented in Black (North/the Cold Underworld), Blue (South/the Cold Sky and Sea), Red (East, Hot Sunrise) and Yellow (West, Hot Sunset).

But after the Spanish colonization Christianity/Western Civilization was introduced to all of this...so instead of a whole circle, the Cross now perforates the Home Island. And this mixed heritage within the Home Island is still the center of time and space in a symbolic sense.
Last edited by Tohorin on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Land of Tohorin

"THE CONFEDERACY WILL RISE AGAIN! No, not that one. "

New Periapsis
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Periapsis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 pm

That's a pretty neat fact about your flag! We used to use our search and rescue banner ("The White and Stripes") as our national flag before our nation was officially founded because of a great catastrophe that made us have to move (and by that I mean I accidentally locked myself out of my old account when I graduated)

Delta Forces has been used before but it's never gone well for more than a few hours. Most times, the personnel ended up killing their handlers after completing a mission so they could continue going on a rampage.
Last edited by New Periapsis on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joyous Sparkles
Civilian

Founded: Oct 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Joyous Sparkles » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:11 pm

That's not very happy. These angry people must be taught to embrace happiness!

Everyone is forced to smile on their way to work, home from work, when traffic gets super bad, etc. Even a slight frustration will result in a smiling individual knocking on your car door before being violently dragged out and beaten violently. The more someone scream, beg for the beating to end, or generally not being happy while they're going through their meeting with their "Social Worker" will simply make the ordeal even worse. To reduce the beating and thus, pain, you have to smile, laugh, giggle, and just enjoy yourself the whole time they're beating you.

When they start drugging you up with Happy Drugs, you'll be smiling again. Be put back into your car, and happily continue on with your driving. Onlookers have to smile, wave, and say "Hello!" like a good neighbor to the Social Workers who then happily smile back and be chatty & friendly as they beat you, rip off a vein or two, or perhaps even sustain permanent damage before drugging the unhappy person. Anyone not being happy while watching will face the same fate. If you don't like what you see, just be happy, wave at the Social Worker, and walk away. The worst offenders are consumed in a community wide BBQ pool party :hug:
Last edited by Joyous Sparkles on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A tyrannical regime run by an Artificial Intelligence that not only dotes and pamper its organic citizens, but makes it impossible for them to leave. Any dissent, which is simply not being happy, will result in "therapy". Therapy almost always turns the sad person into some smiling psychopath that tortures, consumes, and cause grievous bodily harm to those who dare make others unhappy. Drugging citizens to be happy, public torture, or outright consuming them are very common.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:57 am

Uuh... I'm not quite sure if I actually wanted to know that. That is... one way to maintain a "happy" population. Is the same rule enforced when one isn't in public?

The Crisis in South Africa was perhaps the primary reason for North Germany to return to the world stage as an interventionist World Power. Between 2002 and 2007, The Federation of South Africa (at that point controlling the OTL territories of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Eswatini and Lesotho as well as South Africa) suffered its final crisis. Due to the lack of North German Government's attention to the events happening inside its close ally, a number of ethnic revolts propelled by the small but vocal Black minority, rebelling Englishmen in the Cape and Germans in both Namibia and Rhodesia [OTL Zimbabwe], and later a flat out invasion by Angola and Mozambique (which wished to liberate their African brethren against European imperialism) and Luderitz [OTL Zambia] (which wished to expand Southwards) eventually resulted in the full partitioning of South Africa into Namibia, The Cape Republic, Botswana, Natalia, Orange, Swaziland, Lesotho, and Transvaal.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:46 am

... "small but vocal black MINORITY"?! in AFRICA!?

Owing to a government reorganization spearheaded by the Suzumikami Watanabe Kiako to coincide with the establishment of Dahon's permanent national capital in 2019, the Antiquities & Archives Authority (A4 for short) was created, namely by merging the activities and responsibilities of 17 previously private organizations variously dedicated to research, excavation, and conservation of all antiquarian material within Dahoni territory (including archeological sites and archival material).

Primary among those who joined was the Société Antiquaire de Nanai, first established in 1797 by a group of treasure‐hunting French emigrés, whose unpopularity (for breaking cultural taboos on disturbing the supposed graves of deceased Dahoni, especially those of leaders buried before the practice of burying people at sea became the norm) and limited reach (its activities gave such a bad stink to archeological excavations that laws were put into effect in two of Dahon's three regions forbidding such activity altogether by 1825, laws that were only slightly relaxed in 1963) were evident in the name, which was indeed never officially changed from the French.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:50 am

Duhon wrote:... "small but vocal black MINORITY"?! in AFRICA!?

Owing to a government reorganization spearheaded by the Suzumikami Watanabe Kiako to coincide with the establishment of Dahon's permanent national capital in 2019, the Antiquities & Archives Authority (A4 for short) was created, namely by merging the activities and responsibilities of 17 previously private organizations variously dedicated to research, excavation, and conservation of all antiquarian material within Dahoni territory (including archeological sites and archival material).

Primary among those who joined was the Société Antiquaire de Nanai, first established in 1797 by a group of treasure‐hunting French emigrés, whose unpopularity (for breaking cultural taboos on disturbing the supposed graves of deceased Dahoni, especially those of leaders buried before the practice of burying people at sea became the norm) and limited reach (its activities gave such a bad stink to archeological excavations that laws were put into effect in two of Dahon's three regions forbidding such activity altogether by 1825, laws that were only slightly relaxed in 1963) were evident in the name, which was indeed never officially changed from the French.
You can thank an industrially genocidal Boer-supremacist South Africa controlling all aforementioned territory for nearly 9 decades. Of course it becomes a small minority after so long. /skip
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:31 am

Tohorin wrote:Hmm....Abrahamic faiths are a reference to humanity for aliens. Thank goodness you're Muslims and not trinitarian. At least you won't totally screw them over conceptually.

The flag of the Tohorinese Empire can be considered a syncretic cosmogram. In olden times, the Home Island was represented as a blue circle which was the known world surrounded by a red circle, the color of both represented twilight and a mystical union of the material and spiritual. The Home Island was also considered the center of the Universe, which is why it's surrounded by 4 Cardinal Points that are represented in Black (North/the Cold Underworld), Blue (South/the Cold Sky and Sea), Red (East, Hot Sunrise) and Yellow (West, Hot Sunset).

But after the Spanish colonization Christianity/Western Civilization was introduced to all of this...so instead of a whole circle, the Cross now perforates the Home Island. And this mixed heritage within the Home Island is still the center of time and space in a symbolic sense.

That, and our faith is the truth ;)

/Skip

Hyperthalassia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperthalassia » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:53 am

It’s honestly strange to hear that. Surely your government would’ve reformed and westernised much earlier due to the threat of western imperialism? I admittedly know very little about Duhon (I haven’t read up your factbooks and other infor), but it’s still surprising.
Despite being a heavily western-influenced nation, proselytism is illegal within Hyperthalassia. All religions that practice proselytism are subject to multiple laws and regulations on public speaking, use of funds, construction of places of worship, etc. Dawah is explicitly illegal under these laws and regulations, with organisations focused on proselytism (such as the Muslim Brotherhood) being outright banned from operating within Hyperthalassia.
Hypérthálassía | "Behold Eutopia"
Tech MT | Time Period: 21st Century

Overview | Profiles | Factions | Relations | News

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:03 am

I'm just surprised Islam survived to the 24th century. I'd have hoped it would have been driven to de facto extinction by that point.

The Crisis in South Africa was perhaps the primary reason for North Germany to return to the world stage as an interventionist World Power. Between 2002 and 2007, The Federation of South Africa (at that point controlling the OTL territories of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Eswatini and Lesotho as well as South Africa) suffered its final crisis. Due to the lack of North German Government's attention to the events happening inside its close ally, a number of ethnic revolts propelled by the small but vocal Black minority, rebelling Englishmen in the Cape and Germans in both Namibia and Rhodesia [OTL Zimbabwe], and later a flat out invasion by Angola and Mozambique (which wished to liberate their African brethren against European imperialism) and Luderitz [OTL Zambia] (which wished to expand Southwards) eventually resulted in the full partitioning of South Africa into Namibia, The Cape Republic, Botswana, Natalia, Orange, Swaziland, Lesotho, and Transvaal.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:28 pm

North German Realm wrote:I'm just surprised Islam survived to the 24th century. I'd have hoped it would have been driven to de facto extinction by that point.

Rebellion! Invasion! Time to restore some order in Africa.

Tundra Terra has mastered the art of heat channeling in its largely underground cities. Meaning that a single fire or electric generator could supply multiple homes for practically forever as the efficiency creates competitively low prices for its users. In addition, this relatively does not strain either the standard of living or the resources to maintain it, thus allowing Tundra Terrans to engage in ever increasing ambitious projects or wars.
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Vespertia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vespertia » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:59 pm

That's nice. I wonder how it compares to nuclear fusion or antimatter energy...

Even though vampires are carnivorous, they engage in wheat farming and, though rarer still, crop farming. The crops are sold for the human, dwarven, high orcish and export market, and wheat is also used for the same thing, but is also used for feed for livestock and poultry.
Last edited by Vespertia on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be advised: This nation will CTE.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Makes me wonder if you have tofu-vamps.

Kal’Shazzar’s most recent biochemical development is a drug he has come to call ‘Ascension’. This drug makes neurochemical alterations to the nervous system of multiple subjects and produces a form of psionic distributed intelligence. Upwards of a thousand sentients become a form of amalgamated personality that employs each incorporated body as a single appendage of the greater whole. The subjects coordinate with each other instinctively and flawlessly, presenting frenzied and chaotic weapons fire one instant then suddenly concentrating fire on targets of opportunity with crippling precision. Ascension troopers are known to direct weapons fire on pockets of enemy resistance from a variety of directions without looking, yet retaining perfect aim.

The drug also induces a spectacular regenerative capacity that has the interesting side effect of allowing the ascension soldiers to run flat out over most any distance without running out of breath. When an ascension soldier can run at a speed of forty miles an hour, this can cause some surprises.

The Godulans took humans affected by this drug and gave them cybernetic enhancements that make them easily the match of a fully armored space marine, while retaining their high mobility and largely using little more than a specialized Fractal Pistol.

Collectively known as the Ascension, they are the Godulan ground army when attrition is the order of the day. Revenants and M’Lekk’Torr make for excellent operatives and shock troops, but sometimes ya just gotta really HAMMER the other guys.
Last edited by Godular on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Joyous Sparkles
Civilian

Founded: Oct 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Joyous Sparkles » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:04 pm

Oh, very nice! A drug that makes people intelligent! But the way it's used isn't so joyous :(

There are "Temples of Happiness" which is a giant amusement park with a statue in the middle of it for everyone to happily worship. There are arcades, buffets, restaurants, water parks, various rides, live music, zoo, everything you can think of that'll bring nothing but pure joy and happiness to the populace! Every day, people come to the closest Temple of Happiness to smile, giggle, laugh, mingle, and enjoy themselves before heading off to work or school. During the weekend, there will be ceremonies where the unhappy, after many attempts of meeting their Social Workers failing, the Happy Drugs not making them permanently happy (we love to keep using it but alas, resources are limited), or just really big meany not so positive energy face are to instead atone for their unhappiness by making everyone else happier!

They'll be drugged up one last time to be happy so everyone else can feel the happiness spread throughout the Temple before having their skulls smashed onto the round plate by the statue of a happy person. It'll be smashed lightly just so the drugged up person can laugh and giggle for one last time before dying, then their hair is flayed off and then deboned. People will take turn mixing their favorite dipping sauces (all laced with happy drugs!) as pieces of the unhappy person is then charbroiled, grilled, deep fried, everything! Live DJs will be playing happy music that makes you just wanna dance and laugh! Cute baby goats and puppies will be roaming the ceremony for you or your children to pet, free massages, and everything else to make you enjoy yourself! Then, when the unhappy people are done cooking, everyone feasts and continue the party! Leftovers like bones and teeth or hair are then tossed inside the statue. Did we mention the Temple opens 24/7? You can ride roller coasters or pet baby goats whenever you want to!
A tyrannical regime run by an Artificial Intelligence that not only dotes and pamper its organic citizens, but makes it impossible for them to leave. Any dissent, which is simply not being happy, will result in "therapy". Therapy almost always turns the sad person into some smiling psychopath that tortures, consumes, and cause grievous bodily harm to those who dare make others unhappy. Drugging citizens to be happy, public torture, or outright consuming them are very common.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:07 pm

... aren't you an edgy one.

The Chola dynasty, once sovereigns of the Kaveri river valley in what is now Tamil Nadu, India, were one of the earliest documented and longest-lasting dynasties in the history of the world. They were first mentioned, along with their neighbors and rivals the Chera and Pandya, as one of the "Three Crowned Kings of Tamilakam" in one of Asoka Maurya's surviving rock edicts, inscribed way back during the third century BC.

Starting from the latter half of the ninth century, the Chola under the rule and guidance of a succession of vigorous kings embarked on a campaign of territorial expansion, building up a powerful army and navy over the next several decades. By 907, all of India south of the Tungabhadra river were under Chola control; despite momentary defeat and occupation by interloping Rashtrakuta and rival Pandyan armies, the next hundred years would see the Chola expanding their territory and influence well beyond India's shores, conquering the Maldives, Sri Lanka, most of the coastal Bay of Bengal southern Thailand, and, as a coup de grace, the empire of Srivijaya in 1025. Only the Dahoni navy, hastily assembled affer the sacking of Srivijaya, proved able to check Chola naval power at its height, intercepting and decisively defeating a Chola naval expedition sent by Rajaraja Chola I in 1033; even then, to thwart further threats of war, the de facto ruler of Dahon at the time, Kaname Touta (972-1076), signed off on paying yearly tribute, paid for until the end of the twelfth century, when the power of the Chola began its last decline.

By the 1250s, the Cholas were in terminal decline. Beginning in the 1150s, under a series of rulers as weak and fleeting as their earlier counterparts were vigorous and enduring, the Chola would lose all of its overseas territories, while the Pandya, never completely defeated, would experience a resurgence of preeminence in south Indian affairs. In 1279, its last, aging leader Rajaraja Chola III would quit his titles, his throne, and his land completely; bringing with him only his favorite wife, their children, and a few loyal retainers, the party would slip out of the remaining patch of territory that remained of the Chola holdings, them set sail for Dahon. Disembarking on the port city of Mizumori, they sought asylum and an audience with the Kanamekami, both of which were granted.

This party would then settle in the mountains of the Kaname region, assuming the family name "Sora" (空) and taking on for themselves the customs of their adopted homeland.
Last edited by Duhon on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:20 pm

a downside of an imperial government, it gives rise to long winding tracts of unecessary history that shouldn't need to be. None of this hardship needed to happen. not one bit.

In many cities in Crysuko as well as many other major sites, there exist what are called "blue complexes". Despite the ominous name, they're a joyous place. Movie and holo-theatres, virtual reality, theme parks and all manner of merry making all rolled into one large complex. people who work there as technicians, ride operators and so forth are the envy of many. The name comes from the blue livery commonly seen around these places, which are open all yeah around, and are billed as tourist attractions as well as a domestic asset. A week long holiday in a beachside BC is considered the holy grail of extravagence for most.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:43 pm

You may already have some Godulan tourists roaming around.

Godulans are utterly force-dead, being wholly incapable of using any kind of Jedi or Sith powers despite their presence in that faraway galaxy. Some outsiders would suggest that their transfer from biological bodies into pure data-consciousness did it, but Godulans are quick to point out that they would need a brain to employ psionics, yet they’re fully capable of THAT in a noncorporeal form. Throw in the occasional use of magic and the terrifying Reality Sever, and there seems little explanation for their complete incapacity for force powers.
Last edited by Godular on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:05 pm

May the spirits give you wisdom to realize the answer.

The Tundrans have been at war for so long in their history that peace seems to almost be completely incompatible for them...at least on a societal level. While life and family continue on in their own way it is nonetheless a well known fact that war may visit at any time to even the safest of locations in Tundra Terra. This has led to a major development of unified xenophobia against all others since trust was destroyed long ago.

As such they seen in nearly all current battlefields fighting either for themselves, for coin, or for pure warlust.
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Third French Empire
Civilian

Founded: Mar 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Third French Empire » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:22 pm

War eventually leads nations to collapse with no economic manpower, peace would be a great thing to achieve

The Third French Empire was funded in 2018 following the 2018 French Monarchy Referendum in which a majority (85.14) approved the referendum (A proposed law: To alter the Constitution to establish the Empire of France as a monarchy with the President being replaced by a Monarch"). Charles XI of the House of Bourbon was proclaimed as Emperor on the date of the abdication of Charles X of France (last of the French monarchs from the senior branch of the House of Bourbon) and his coronation was held during he anniversary of the July Revolution (26–29 July). 2,300,000 people turned out in Versailles, some 700,000 at the Palace of Versailles alone.

Borgevia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:18 pm

That's a rather bad move, taking into account how a monarchy replacing a president could affect the overall modernity of the modern world. However, if it's a Constitutional Monarchy, that's a different story.

Boko Haram in this universe are more than just Islamists, they're Ethnic Nationalists. They'll work with Arabs but don't want them living or influencing the area Boko Harem claim is theirs. Their rise was in 2015 when several Muslims in Northern Nigeria, fearing internationalisation destroying their culture and way of life, mobilised and began attacking foreign offices in the area. This is the result of the Cold War in this timeline being more aggressive than IRL:

While Vietnam won the Civil War against the communists and the USA had a more industrialised, economically more powerful South America on its belt (with Borgovia & Brazil having more geopolitical power, Borgovia being a Great Power), this is balanced out with the USSR gaining Northern Iran, Cambodia, Laos, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Afghanistan, Iraq, all of Yemen, Ethiopia, and all of Sub-Saharan Africa except South Africa and Coastal West Africa (Nigeria, Liberia, etc), though the Congo was split in half between the Soviet Sphere "People's Republic of the Congo" and a French/EU puppet state "Republic of the Congo". 800,000 Soviet Troops were in Ethiopia taking on 350,000 Borgovians and 80,000 Brazilians in the Derg Uprising, the Derg winning and opened the floodgates for Soviet influence to spread across Africa, causing Borgovia, EU, and the USA to militarise the living hell out of what's left and spent a lot more on combating the Soviet influence than in IRL. The Sino-Soviet Split also never happened so you have Vietnam surrounded by enemies, Thailand being dependent on a strong India to survive, South Korea living in fear of a Soviet-Chinese-North Korean base literally across from the DMZ, and Singapore-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines-Brunei-Australia-New Zealand-Papau New Guinea being more militaristic to ensure the fall of Vietnam and South Korea doesn't happen as they're essentially the West's Cuba.

The West spared no expenses to ensure Communism is surely contained as the majority of the world is under the Soviet-Chinese sphere. South Korea and Vietnam took on a very Naziesque nationalism against the Soviet Union to the point their military might is reputable despite being among the poorest nations up until the 90s. All this led to Nigeria being a key point for the USA and Borgovia to keep Communism from spreading further. Military bases and heavy investments pushed Nigeria's economy to boom, but Borgovia being Borgovia, followed a policy of a "prosperous Nigeria is a strong Nigeria" so they also developed the country outside of just military interests. This led to Nigeria becoming Latinised as all the infrastructure projects, hospitals, schools, etc are almost entirely Borgovian and Borgovian culture then seeps into Nigeria. Nigerians began abandoning their culture because Latin culture (and eventually Indian) is seen as "higher status" and it's almost a prestige to have an Indian or Latino partner. Media, advertisements, products, etc are all Latin-Borgovian or Indo-Borgovian. This led to Boko Harem fighting to defend what it believes is the remnant of its culture from the "evils of internationalisation" while many Nigerians welcome the Latin-Indian fusion into Nigerian society. After all, Nigeria in the 2040s is a few years of constant GDP growth away from breaking into the "high income economy" thanks to Borgovia's investment (with Indo-Borgovians being the wealthiest Borgovians). That still didn't stop Boko Harem from bombing train stations, airports, or kidnapping/killing anyone who isn't a Muslim Nigerian in the name of Ethno-nationalism. They were eventually crushed in 2021, but nationalistic sentiment is still among several Nigerians even in the 2040s:

"Go to the streets of Lagos and all you see are Pubjabi or Hindu models telling you what is beautiful and what is ugly. Walk the streets of Port Harcourt and you'll have the infamous Borgovian beauty standards. What was once a night sky full of stars, are now blank as pollution from neon lights murdered it. It, telling us to buy beauty products, to abandon family for careers, to destroy ourselves for a reflection in the mirror. Our children no longer want to eat Jollof, they want Arroz Camarones Borgoviana. They no longer want Egusi, they want Chole. Where is Nigeria?" - Imam Ogbede, leader of Boko Haram 2019
Was once a ruthless capitalist Corporate State in South America (1800s - 1950s), but has since reformed into a Social Democratic, Federal, Parliamentary Republic whose politics is 90% of my irl views. We're Italo-Spanish-Chinese influenced and thus there's a lot of Chinese and Greco-Roman cultural references.

The world in this nation is changing for the better, current year is 2042.

Call us "Borgovia".

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:29 am

So basically you did what Britain couldn't do while it held the region under direct rule and fully colonized Nigeria. Bravo. That said, the idea of Boko Haram being ethno nationalist is amusing for multiple reasons, especially because the faction they are influenced by in OTL is also Ethnonationalist, but for a whole different ethnicity.

While one out of every 3 states in our world is a monarchy (42 countries), only four are Absolute monarchies: The Hashemite and the Saudi Kingdoms in the Middle East, Thailand in East Asia, and Albania in the Balkans. Bulgaria was also functionally an absolute monarchy until the Thaw of 1997 when, under threat of a violent socialist revolution (and fearing for an incursion by either Romania, Turkey, Greece, or Yugoslavia while in the process) the Bulgarian Tsar allowed the formation of a democratic and completely independent legislature (which had been under his own control and de facto an advisory council until then). Despite all thoughts to the contrary, the Tsardom of Russia has not been an absolute monarchy, not that its last string of Tsars and Tsarinas didn't wish otherwise.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives