NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Allied Iran
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Allied Iran » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:08 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Gender is irrelevant in the order of succession in Amenria. If Tianshi dies after Hyesoo reaches the age of 14, then she would be the ruler of the nation, if her younger brother Jeonsa is below 14. If both are above 14, they can decide who would rule among themselves. If neither wants the throne, they could give it to any of their 13 sisters who were born to Tianshi's concubines. If both want it, they could consult the Patriarchs and Matriarchs of other nobles families or fight for it.
/bump
Imperial State of PersiaKešvar-ī Šāhanšāhīh-ī Ērān
The timeline where Islam never made an impression in the Persosphere and Turks never crossed the Red Snake. Associated with Doechland
No'dad:  Ardwahištgān farrox | What is going on in Teheran University? 10,000 students, mainly undergrads, refuse to attend, or let anyone attend, classes! Student leaders give contradicting reasons for ongoing Student Sit-In! — Why has the government withdrawn from Qatar? Nationalists hold protests against 'lack of responsibility and transparency to the Persian people!' — Rockets fired at Seleucia-Ctesiphon from rebel-occupied positions in Transjordan. "Get your house in order, Prince Abd al-Waheed, before we have to get involved" - PM Dadgostar

Protectorate of the United States
Civilian

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Protectorate of the United States » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:32 pm

I mean its great but what most nations do these days kinda the norm

The Protectorate of the United States was founded in 2022 due to the U.S. being unable to repay its massive war debts to North Korea. The large majority of the American people—very desperate and deeply impoverished—turned against their government and welcomed the North Koreans or their promise of providing humanitarian and economic aid to the country. When the United States is occupied by the Greater Korean Republic no member nations of NATO came to the aid of America, possibly due to economic issues at home. The government is currently under the control of military governor Steven Kyle, a puppet ruler for North Korea.

Nya Valhall
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nya Valhall » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:45 pm

I realize that this is a meme nation (I hope) but North Korea (hell, even both Koreas put together) don't have the naval capacity, military capability or diplomatic range to rule over all of the United States. In the event this actually happened, they'd just partition the country and convince another power (China, Cuba, Venezuela, Vietnam maybe?) to take over the other partitions.

The Great War was, in reality, a series of concurrent wars that were ongoing between the Romance Coalition, the Germanic Coalition, Persia, Hibernia, Russia and Poland-Lithuania between 1913 and 1944. The longest -and most blood- of these wars was the European War which began in 1913 and ended upon the nuclear bombardment of the city of Rome. In the Atlantian Continent, the war was nowhere as long, and was in fact divided into the three conflicts known as the Antillean War, the Acadian War and the Louisiana War. New Valhalla, of course, participated in all three of these wars both in a military capacity and as a military supplier. The War ended in what surmounts to a stalemate. While Rome had had one of its two capitals completely destroyed, the Germanic Coalition had no way of enforcing any actual treaty because the Germanic Coalition had only three more nukes and the Romance Coalition was roughly three weeks behind them in terms of producing their own nuke; as such Rome lost nearly half of its African territories and half of the Province of Italy, Francia was forced to pay reparations, and nothing more.
Last edited by Nya Valhall on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commonwealth of New Valhalla | Þjóðveldið Ný Valhall | ᚦᛦᚯᚧᚡᛂᛚᛑᛁᚧ ᚿᛦ ᚡᛆᛚᚼᚯᛚᛚ
Death nor Dishonor, the Viking Commonwealth shall persevere
Nýr Dagblað: New Mercia begins the process of demobilization, delivers former president Moonsbert to be tried and punished by New Valhaller Laws as peace negotiations begin in Boston. | Angland accepts to hold independence plebiscite in its overseas territory of New East Anglia after 12 weeks of protests. | War breaks out in the Latin League as Francia, Western Rome fight against Rome, Italy! Experts question Roman motive, given the recent reignition of the Conflicts in Rome. | CNA ships seize another Antillean civilian ship Imperial Georgia off the coast of New Ossonoba.

Borgevia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:09 pm

The length and utter destruction of that war is just depressing. Was there a global economic catastrophe from all this? With all the great powers knocking each other out, there should be a vacuum that risks another dark age

Parliamentary elections (Legislative) occur every 4 years, however, presidents (Executive Election) are elected every 5 years, leaving 1 year where the President and/or Parliament possibly working with a different card. There's also "Regions" which include Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Fortuna (Falkland Islands), and District Federal (Montevideo). Within the Regions of Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay are smaller states. The "Federal District" of Montevideo as well as the "Region-State" of Fortuna, as it's both a region and a state, have their own State Parliament. Working alongside the State Parliament is a "Senator" who is the elected representative of the State in the Executive House of Borgovia. Above Senators are "Directors" who oversee the region. Below the Senators are County Leads who oversee the counties within the State working alongside Mayors and/or City Councils. While Borgovia historically only had Presidents of the Labour Party, Liberal Party, and Progressive Party, there are states that have been dominated by the Green Party and one instance where the "Party of Angry motherfuckers who just want to squat and not pay rent to shitty landlords and we have no hope of happiness nor living wages Jesus fucking Christ kill us now"* controlled 39% of a state's Parliament. The latter party has since been defunct as of 2014.

*Because of that party's name, Borgovia now has character limits when registering a new party to be on the ballot. The vulgarity didn't bother the bureaucrats so much, just the unnecessary number of characters.
Was once a ruthless capitalist Corporate State in South America (1800s - 1950s), but has since reformed into a Social Democratic, Federal, Parliamentary Republic whose politics is 90% of my irl views. We're Italo-Spanish-Chinese influenced and thus there's a lot of Chinese and Greco-Roman cultural references.

The world in this nation is changing for the better, current year is 2042.

Call us "Borgovia".

Tsuki
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuki » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:14 pm

:eek:
Last edited by Tsuki on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super inactive.....
Like any other nation, this nation does represent my views. Every factbook on NS is (supposed to be) IC.
I'm part of the WA.
https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Tsuki - Learn about me.
https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Category:Tsuki - Learn about the things in Tsuki.
https://dreamfiction.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Tsuki - Ditto, but more about culture i should say.
https://dreamfiction.fandom.com/wiki/Li ... iese_words - Learn Tsukiese!
Conscription isn't and will NEVER be canon to my nation!

Nya Valhall
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Nya Valhall » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 am

Borgevia wrote:The length and utter destruction of that war is just depressing. Was there a global economic catastrophe from all this? With all the great powers knocking each other out, there should be a vacuum that risks another dark age

Depends on the region. there wasn't a vacuum in the end (The Status Quo Ante treaty was made specifically so this wouldn't happen) but the economy -especially along the Rhine river and in Northern Italy in Europe, Mesopotamia in Middle East and Great River1 in North Atlantia2- basically died for the duration of the next decade. /skipme

1 Mississippi
2 America

Also, BN please respond to this

Borgevia wrote:Parliamentary elections (Legislative) occur every 4 years, however, presidents (Executive Election) are elected every 5 years, leaving 1 year where the President and/or Parliament possibly working with a different card. There's also "Regions" which include Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Fortuna (Falkland Islands), and District Federal (Montevideo). Within the Regions of Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay are smaller states. The "Federal District" of Montevideo as well as the "Region-State" of Fortuna, as it's both a region and a state, have their own State Parliament. Working alongside the State Parliament is a "Senator" who is the elected representative of the State in the Executive House of Borgovia. Above Senators are "Directors" who oversee the region. Below the Senators are County Leads who oversee the counties within the State working alongside Mayors and/or City Councils. While Borgovia historically only had Presidents of the Labour Party, Liberal Party, and Progressive Party, there are states that have been dominated by the Green Party and one instance where the "Party of Angry motherfuckers who just want to squat and not pay rent to shitty landlords and we have no hope of happiness nor living wages Jesus fucking Christ kill us now"* controlled 39% of a state's Parliament. The latter party has since been defunct as of 2014.

*Because of that party's name, Borgovia now has character limits when registering a new party to be on the ballot. The vulgarity didn't bother the bureaucrats so much, just the unnecessary number of characters.
Last edited by Nya Valhall on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nýr Dagblað: New Mercia begins the process of demobilization, delivers former president Moonsbert to be tried and punished by New Valhaller Laws as peace negotiations begin in Boston. | Angland accepts to hold independence plebiscite in its overseas territory of New East Anglia after 12 weeks of protests. | War breaks out in the Latin League as Francia, Western Rome fight against Rome, Italy! Experts question Roman motive, given the recent reignition of the Conflicts in Rome. | CNA ships seize another Antillean civilian ship Imperial Georgia off the coast of New Ossonoba.

Tsuki
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuki » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:38 am

[ :hug: :rofl:
Last edited by Tsuki on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super inactive.....
Like any other nation, this nation does represent my views. Every factbook on NS is (supposed to be) IC.
I'm part of the WA.
https://dreamfiction.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Tsuki - Ditto, but more about culture i should say.

Nya Valhall
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Nya Valhall » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:49 am

Tsuki wrote:-snip-
Yeah, "Man....." isn't really a response.

Borgevia wrote:Parliamentary elections (Legislative) occur every 4 years, however, presidents (Executive Election) are elected every 5 years, leaving 1 year where the President and/or Parliament possibly working with a different card. There's also "Regions" which include Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Fortuna (Falkland Islands), and District Federal (Montevideo). Within the Regions of Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay are smaller states. The "Federal District" of Montevideo as well as the "Region-State" of Fortuna, as it's both a region and a state, have their own State Parliament. Working alongside the State Parliament is a "Senator" who is the elected representative of the State in the Executive House of Borgovia. Above Senators are "Directors" who oversee the region. Below the Senators are County Leads who oversee the counties within the State working alongside Mayors and/or City Councils. While Borgovia historically only had Presidents of the Labour Party, Liberal Party, and Progressive Party, there are states that have been dominated by the Green Party and one instance where the "Party of Angry motherfuckers who just want to squat and not pay rent to shitty landlords and we have no hope of happiness nor living wages Jesus fucking Christ kill us now"* controlled 39% of a state's Parliament. The latter party has since been defunct as of 2014.

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:58 am

"I mean, I do see how these obscenely long names can pose a problem, but I suppose it's in the name of freedom of speech to allow these parties to exist, even if the name is obscene"

Nacradian English makes use of "habitual be", unlike most standard forms of English. This is not exactly the same as the AAVE phenomenon, as we use "habitual be" when something is supposed to happen habitually or periodically, but doesn't, which is denoted by a stressed "be". To express habituality, we use an unstressed "be", in which case the event may or may not have happened
Last edited by Nacrad on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Riria
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Riria » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:14 am

We fully embrace the fact that English is a descriptive rather than a prescriptive language and that local variations can exist, not only on a phonetic or spelling level but also a grammar one as well. And yours in particular is not that strange in our subjective estimation anyway.

Our national sport is Texas Hold'em.
https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=35.3&d=64.4&g=75.4&s=76.5
NS stats used, except population is 20 mil.
Freedom is the second greatest value. The first is whatever works best.

"All I know is that I know nothing." - beta Socratic mindset
"I will stay true to my beliefs to the bitter end." - beta Conservative mindset
"I WILL draw conclusions given the data available, but I am willing to update my beliefs when provided new information." - chad Bayesian mindset

The most prevalent cognitive bias of our times is the Golden Mean Fallacy.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can convince me that I deserved it.

Pro-environmentalism is perfectly and even necessarily compatible with libertarianism.

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:29 am

Poker is a bit of a lame national sport if I may be honest but if it works for you then it works for you. Some people find archery boring but that’s our national sport so I guess we can’t say much.
The fledglings of the Versilian nobility are taught sports worthy of their class. Archery, game hunting, magic wielding, chess, equestrian sports and duelling are among these sports. It is considered a very noble pastime to practice one’s skills with the bow, sword and magic, and as a result the majority of nobles are masters of an aforementioned sport. This is but one way of maintaining the nobility of the refined Versilian culture and social classes.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Riria
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Riria » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:40 am

The Islands of Versilia wrote:Poker is a bit of a lame national sport if I may be honest but if it works for you then it works for you. Some people find archery boring but that’s our national sport so I guess we can’t say much.

Haha I feel you man, my favorite sports are archery and fencing #HEMA geek.

/skip
https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=35.3&d=64.4&g=75.4&s=76.5
NS stats used, except population is 20 mil.
Freedom is the second greatest value. The first is whatever works best.

"All I know is that I know nothing." - beta Socratic mindset
"I will stay true to my beliefs to the bitter end." - beta Conservative mindset
"I WILL draw conclusions given the data available, but I am willing to update my beliefs when provided new information." - chad Bayesian mindset

The most prevalent cognitive bias of our times is the Golden Mean Fallacy.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can convince me that I deserved it.

Pro-environmentalism is perfectly and even necessarily compatible with libertarianism.

Tsuki
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuki » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:45 am

The Islands of Versilia wrote:Poker is a bit of a lame national sport if I may be honest but if it works for you then it works for you. Some people find archery boring but that’s our national sport so I guess we can’t say much.
The fledglings of the Versilian nobility are taught sports worthy of their class. Archery, game hunting, magic wielding, chess, equestrian sports and duelling are among these sports. It is considered a very noble pastime to practice one’s skills with the bow, sword and magic, and as a result the majority of nobles are masters of an aforementioned sport. This is but one way of maintaining the nobility of the refined Versilian culture and social classes.

I don't blame them. Practicing a bow and arrow seems fun.
---------------------------------
We sleep at day and wake up at sunset.
Super inactive.....
I'm part of the WA.

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:11 am

Tsuki wrote:

I don't blame them. Practicing a bow and arrow seems fun.
---------------------------------
We sleep at day and wake up at sunset.

Fun doesn’t really come into it. It’s more about maintaining the character of nobility and the social classes. Keeping the commoners common and the nobility refined.
/skip
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Nya Valhall
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Nya Valhall » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:28 am

Tsuki wrote:We sleep at day and wake up at sunset.

Are you vampires, perchance? Or bats?

That's a pretty cool way of being a snob. At least it's a useful way, instead of getting yourself fat and weak-chinned like most aristocracy were wont to.

The Great War was, in reality, a series of concurrent wars that were ongoing between the Romance Coalition, the Germanic Coalition, Persia, Hibernia, Rusland and Polonia-Litauvia between 1913 and 1944. The longest -and most blood- of these wars was the European War which began in 1913 and ended upon the nuclear bombardment of the city of Rome. In the Atlantian Continent, the war was nowhere as long, and was in fact divided into the three conflicts known as the Antillean War, the Acadian War and the Louisiana War. New Valhalla, of course, participated in all three of these wars both in a military capacity and as a military supplier. The War ended in what surmounts to a stalemate. While Rome had had one of its two capitals completely destroyed, the Germanic Coalition had no way of enforcing any actual treaty because the Germanic Coalition had only three more nukes and the Romance Coalition was roughly three weeks behind them in terms of producing their own nuke; as such Rome lost nearly half of its African territories and half of the Province of Italy, Francia was forced to pay reparations, and nothing more.
Last edited by Nya Valhall on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Empire of Occitania
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Occitania » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:58 pm

The destruction of a capital city and the loss of half of Rome's African territories and half of the Province of Italy does not sound much like a stalemate to me.

Within the city with the world's best quality of life, the University of Narbona (Occitan: Universitat de Narbona) is considered to be the best and most prestigious university both within Occitania, and indeed the world. Its teaching facilities, staff, and resources are second to none, although the application process for prospective students is incredibly competitive, and only around 15% of applicants receive even an interview. Those who graduate from the University of Narbona tend to go on to earn significantly more than graduates from other universities, and the University of Narbona counts more Olympic medallists, Nobel Prize winners, and world leaders amongst its alumni than any other university. Azalaïs Cazenave-Maysonet, Narbona native and the current Prime Minister of Occitania, graduated from the University with a masters degree with distinction in Economics and Development. During her time at university, Cazenave-Maysonet joined the somewhat controversial Society of Venus (Occitan: Societat de Vènus), a private dining society exclusively for lesbian women that is also associated with the fine arts and equestrianism. The Society has developed a famously paradoxical reputation for being simultaneously high-class, polite, and civilised, but also rather hedonistic and thrill-seeking. Members of the Society must be able to speak Classical Latin, and indeed this is required when within the Society's headquarters, the Temple of Venus Gynaecerastria. The Temple, which was built in Narbona in the mid 19th century, resembles a classical Roman temple and is situated in the centre of a beautiful formal rose garden. With membership of the Society of Venus being exclusive and expensive, Cazenave-Maysonet's political opponents have often been very quick to use her being a member of the Society as proof that she is an elitist who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, as well occasionally using it to accuse her of being a misandrist.
THE EMPIRE OF OCCITANIAL'EMPÈRI D'OCCITÀNIA
O Freedom, how beautiful you areÒ Libertat, coma siás bela
Factbooks of Occitania
HomeGeneral Information IGeneral Information IIThe EmpressThe Prime MinisterThe Federal GovernmentThe Armed ForcesForeign AffairsVisit OccitaniaOccitan News

I hope you have enjoyed reading the factbooks for Occitania! As you can see, most are still very much works in progress, and so if you run into any errors or inconsistencies, or simply have any questions, please do let me know!
This nation does not use NS stats

Tohorin
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tohorin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:32 pm

24/7 homosexual behavior is not socially productive. Maybe you should raise their taxes and work hours to compensate, that'll teach those lollygaggers.

Cows and pigs are considered repulsive parasitic creatures with no real ecological niche because rumor has it their belching helped destroy and de-green Earth. Hormone addled beef from the United Martian States made us gain weight and our busts got bigger so we banned all hormone-addled meat and only added to our phobias. Some executives and traveling merchants consider red meat a delicacy though...but good 'ol efficient vat-grown crab meat and insect bars are considered the clean way to get non-fattening proteins. And human blood too.
Last edited by Tohorin on Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Great Land of Tohorin

"THE CONFEDERACY WILL RISE AGAIN! No, not that one. "

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017

Postby Catsfern » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:18 am

well you're not exactly wrong about cows and pigs contributing to a poor environment, but insect bars? no thank you.

John Henry Eden the current Catsfernian President has recently taken up the hobby of learning how to play the hurdy gurdy. He's still learning the basic notes, but there has been steady improvement, but whats not exactly clear is why President Eden chose to learn the instrument in the first place. Most believe that he just likes the sound of the hurdy gurdy and wanted to play it himself.

Nya Valhall
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Nya Valhall » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:15 pm

I don't actually know what a hurdy gurdy even is, but I fundamentally support learning how to play music.

Automation as we know it in New Valhalla came as a natural result of the process of making battle-droids. The latest operational models that were not qualified for military-grade deployment were tested, and rejected, around 2004. While most of these droids were discarded and recycled by the companies producing them, one of the corporations working on developing the droids decided to put the discarded droid (after removing its military equipment) to auction. The company that bought it was Valþórsen FmTÁ., a weapons manufacturing company in Hvalurvík, New Viken, which put up an order of 500 droids from the same model to replace its only company's workers. The company's quality of produce and the rate at which it produced its weapons increased dramatically, and the 500 employees took the company to court. The case in question was debated by judges for three years, and it was eventually decided that the company was in the right. Valþórsen FmTÁ. was until late 2014 the only company to be automatized however, because most larger companies were worried that should they take the next step, a popular initiative led by the people made unemployed would just flat-out ban automation in reaction.

Iransahr
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Iransahr » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:14 pm

Yes, it is very understandable and even commendable that other companies hesitated in adopting nigh-complete automation. A policy of adopting automation without putting in place protections and aid for those rendered unemployed or financially unsecure by said adoption is surely a policy that will end up causing far worse problems. Should automation be adopted it should be with the people’s consent and with help for the people guaranteed.
The state religion of Iransahr is not Islam. It is in fact a Judeo-Mazdan religion that has its origins in Mesopotamia, specifically the holy city of Ekhnukh. It combines Zoroastrian and Judaic traditions, rites and beliefs, though it leans more towards Zoroastrianism than Judaism. Qâbil, known in the West as "Caine" is a very important figure who was cursed by Ahuramazda with undeath for the murder of his brother and lying about it, having been deceived by Ahriman. His son, whom was born by the witch Lilit, was the first dhampir and founded the dynasty that rules Iran to this day.

Members of the Ekhnukhid dynasty live unnaturally long lives, require weekly consumption of blood, have a greater proficiency with magic than most and tend to be on average stronger, faster and deadlier than their human counterparts. The current head of the dynasty is Arman II the Pious, who ruled Iran for just over 150 years until he abdicated in favour of his daughter Akeldama, whom is now the de-jure religious and temporal leader of Iran as the Queen of Queens and Priest of Priests.
THE IRANSHAHR Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds
MT Zoroastrian Iranian empire spanning the Near East, governing fairly and justly over a multitude of peoples and nations.

Jalviz:

Swindenland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Swindenland » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Well let me be frank, screw any religion. All religions are equally false and a means to control people. The Ekhnukhid dynasty has long living members only because of better access to resources. All magic is just poor chemistry and it would be the position of our nation to support oppossition towards the religious institutions of Iran, no matter how benevolent they may claim to be.

Swindenland is officially a secular republic with religious freedom, but religion and superstition are frowned upon and aggressively discouraged. Science made life better and continues to do so for all. The republic financially supports secular, humanist and atheist movements abroad.

Borgevia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:07 pm

That's still not secular if it promotes atheism abroad. Secularism is neutrality, Atheism is the opposite of theism which is a bit of a belief in its own. I can understand state enforced secularism, but promoting Atheism is no different than theocracy. Except Atheist "Atheocracy" normally does provide better standard of living.

The Labour Party is historically the Socially Conservative Party, which is something that shocks many Americans when they learn of Borgovia's politics. The Right-wing Liberal Party are Internationalists, they see nations as nothing more than "States" and the United Nations as a "Federal Body", hence their aggressive support of free trade, multi-national unions, signing visa-free pacts, etc. Their Economic Neoliberalism and Humanistic-Internationalist view of politics of course led to them being Socially Progressive. The Centrist Progressives would hamper business as a means of protecting the environment, they focus more on Social Welfare as a means of a healthy Borgovia than the belief a healthy business environment would benefit all. Both Liberals and Progressives, however, can be seen on the streets together fighting for human rights and social equality (anti-sexism, anti-racism, etc). They're both "SJW" by American standards.

Labours are the weird one, and that's where some of their "likability" with Borgovian voters come from. In the eyes of many people, Liberals & Progressives are both the same, one are just SJW CEOs/Wealthy, the other are SJW Employees/Middle Class. Labour on the other hand, view Liberals as putting a bandage on capitalism while Progressives are putting ointment before the bandage on capitalism. While the Labour Party is anti-tankie, they're akin to Alexander Dubcek's "Socialism with a Human face". They're more focused on the Borgovian working people, cooperating with other communist parties, but the Borgovian workers come first. This brought in a few Nationalists and ironically turn them leftists, it also brought in the Social Conservatives who are mostly Working Class and benefit more from a leftist government than a Social Democrat or Neoliberals who aren't the ones saying "You, the working class, deserve more power in the economy!". Right-leaning working class Borgovians also have no where to turn to since Progressives and Liberals are very aggressive about their Social Progressivism; that, and no other party has a viable chance to unseat Progressives or Liberals. With only Labour to turn to to own those Libs and Progs, Borgovia's Social Conservative are radicalised leftists who just hold traditionalist views on gender and such. It's like US Republicans, but socialists. There's infighting in the Labour Party because of this, as there's both Socially Progressive Socialists and Socially Conservative Working Class voters at odds.
Last edited by Borgevia on Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Was once a ruthless capitalist Corporate State in South America (1800s - 1950s), but has since reformed into a Social Democratic, Federal, Parliamentary Republic whose politics is 90% of my irl views. We're Italo-Spanish-Chinese influenced and thus there's a lot of Chinese and Greco-Roman cultural references.

The world in this nation is changing for the better, current year is 2042.

Call us "Borgovia".

Greater Seludong
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Seludong » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:55 pm

I support the idea of social justice, might as well I support the Labour Party. I really liked the detailed description of the Party, making it more comprehensive to a somewhat clueless reader.
In the current proposed amendment of the Saligang Batas (Constitution), the executive branch of the Republikang Federal (Federal Republic) is the Pamunuan (Executive Council, lit. Administration), led by the Pangulo (President) in a primus inter pares system. It is de jure a directorate since the Council is a collegial body. However, in practice, it is a presidential government since the Pangulo is the only member which is democratically elected while the other members called Kagawads (Ministers) are appointed by the President. These Ministers might have a specific portfolio but may interfere with other ministries thru a session of the Executive Council. In removing any member of the Council, the process must only include the joint voting of the rest of the members of the Executive Council, the Pinunos (Leaders) of the Sangguniang Pambansa (National Council, akin to a Senate) and Kapulungang Pambansa (National Assembly.
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________
Republikang Federal ng Filipinas
Maka-Diyos, Makakalikasan, Makatao, Makabansa
ᜋᜃᜇᜒᜌᜓᜐ᜔᜵ ᜋᜃᜆᜂ᜵ ᜋᜃᜃᜎᜒᜃᜐᜈ᜔᜵ ᜀᜆ᜔ ᜋᜃᜊᜈ᜔ᜐ᜶

A MT federal republic in OTL Philippines, Sabah and Micronesia. Formed by the 1823 Revolution, now a progressive regional power.

THE MAYNILA TIMES: COVID-19 Bulletin: Infected 12,891 Recovered 9,823 Deceased 287 | Science ministry: Covid vaccine near completion | 8901 people arrested for violating quarantine since March | 1-year old baby recovers from Covid | Pres. Poe: Sugbo is new COVID epicenter | Filipinas to send support to ASEAN, India | Chinese caught not wearing mask, splashes soya to policeman
 SPECIAL NOTES: a Tier 6, Type 5 civ., according to this index. | This nation does not use NS stats.

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020

Postby Nacrad » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:20 pm

That means your nation is presidential, yes? While I don't think a presidential system is the best way to govern a nation, I suppose it is better than a dictatorship.

Apart from "habitual be", Nacradian English also distinguishes between the British and American spellings of the same word for them to have a different meaning. For example, we use both "Realise" and "Realize", but the former means "to make real" and the latter means "to understand something". So, the sentence "He realized that to realise his dream he has to make a move" makes perfect sense with no ambiguity.

Another example is "Analog" vs. "Analogue", where the former refers to the computer technology and the latter means "comparable to something". So the sentence "Looking at a lamp and using its intensity to determine the message is an analogue to how analog signal works, and only checking if it is on or off is an analogue to how binary works" is unambiguous.

As for "Habitual be", we also have two forms. The stressed "be", sometimes written with e-umlaut "bë" informally, means that something habitually happens, but doesn't, e.g. "He bë working" means, in standard English, "He is usually working at this moment but he isn't". The other form, the unstressed "be", only denotes habituality, but it also implies that the event is happening as per habituality, e.g. "He be working" means "he is usually working at this time" but also implies "He is working at this time, and he is actually at work"
Last edited by Nacrad on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Interesting since Monsone too has it's form of Enhlish where Brittish spelling but American pronunciation is used. Also Realise and Realize, the difference is cool.

Monsone uses 5ft (1,524mm) gauge tracks, and has mountains, but is primarily flat. Due to this, the railways are very similar to Finland's. However, it should be noted that the first railways where standard gauge, but regauged to 1,524mm gauge because at the time it was viewed that more load could be carried with a wider gauge. The year the change occured was 1872.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives