NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:43 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:That is a good step towards 100% renewable energy. It would be better, if the output of green energies would increase. (I heard about geothermal use in Iceland, but I didn't knew, that it could be used in Philippines as well)

SC's hate against monarchy comes from its republican past, combined with ideology such as fascism. (In fact, SC's fascism is more internationalist than IRL fascism) However, even some of the SC's politicians, and soldiers themselves have started to ask ''how far is too far?'', as Tom's plans have become cruel, and deluded - according to Tom's space military doctrine, ''he is ready to wipe out entire planets with toxin clouds or nukes, just because they are inhabited by aliens, or that they are ruled by a monarch, if he doesn't get his way (Transformation to a republic, and integration in Commonwealth)''. So, that makes SC not only extremely hateful against monarchs, but against aliens as well - basically a mix of Revolutionary France, and Imperium of Man.

I do hope that there will be a coup, or something that will bring Logic to him.
He is one of the Most Illogical Computers I've ever known.
-Jaye Bastion

Hystaria is planning to reevaluate its economic threshold, for the business have grown to the point of being Neo colonists, it is thinking of a more semi state ran capitalists system rather than the mess of systems that contradict each other and is covered in corruption and the black market.
It has things from communistic policy in some regions to Laiz fair and more.

Hystaria is still stable but it rather confusing and may cause problems if not solved
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Kyria
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Hmm. It’s rather strange to hear a galactic power be so incompetent and inconsistent in its economic system(s). I personally would recommend a mixed economic system, like those used by modern states. That’s just my two pence.
The Federal Congress, Kyria’s unicameral legislature, has a total of 700 seats - 117 of which are reserved for prefects and district directors. The former are the equivalent to state governors and the latter are akin to mayors or general local government heads (there are 8 districts in a prefecture). The remaining 583 seats are distributed amongst the political parties according to proportional representation.
REPUBLIC OF KYRIA ΔΗΜΟΚΡΑΤΊΑ ΚῩ́ΡΕΙᾹΣ
MT 'modern Byzantium' blending Orwell and Mirror’s Edge with NazCentBol-esque Blue Helmet neoimperialism and tacticool Stormtrooperesque faceless legions.
Capital: Constantinople | President: Ioánnis Bardanes | Religion: Orthodox Christianity | Factbook | Map | News

The Great-German Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great-German Empire » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm

So the legislature relies on a staggered majority where administrators dilute the elected-legislative current? Not a fan. The last thing appointed bureaucrats need is more influence. (EDIT: Well, if they're elected, then I guess that's alright. Straight up bicameralism is still more attractive to me, though.)

While Germany utilizes trains and trams for inner-city transportation and ultra-high-speed rail (including maglev) for high-density inter-state routes, a lot of intra-state and short inter-state transit is actually via speedbus. As the German Autobahn system is much larger, straighter and more advanced than [OTL], it makes possible the use of buses at their maximum speed and in great numbers to achieve an almost train-like cost efficiency. Smaller, rather low-roofed buses (just tall enough to stand inside one, so no more than 2.5 meters' height) can reach even higher speeds - up to 200 kilometers an hour, in fact. By now, several states that utilize this method have even commissioned the development (and received several units) of electric and hydrogen-powered buses.
Last edited by The Great-German Empire on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Name: Empire of Germany
Just your friendly neighborhood Weltmacht. Und Doch Gang | NS Stats are not used. Q&A if you need it!
Pro/Anti, 8Values and other tests: Here
Unapologetic libertarian populist monarchism

Vossische Zeitung: The Chancellor, Baron Hartmann, announced in a rally that he will 'work tirelessly against the formation of a society of control' | Hungary edges out Germany 4-3 in Euro Cup final; Kaiser personally congratulates Hungarians for an 'exceptional' game | According to survey, 73% of Germans oppose an introduction of speed limits on major Autobahns

Kyria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:59 pm

The Great-German Empire wrote:So the legislature relies on a staggered majority where administrators dilute the elected-legislative current? Not a fan. The last thing appointed bureaucrats need is more influence.

While Germany utilizes trains and trams for inner-city transportation and ultra-high-speed rail (including maglev) for high-density inter-state routes, a lot of intra-state and short inter-state transit is actually via speedbus. As the German Autobahn system is much larger, straighter and more advanced than [OTL], it makes possible the use of buses at their maximum speed and in great numbers to achieve an almost train-like cost efficiency. Smaller, rather low-roofed buses (just tall enough to stand inside one, so no more than 2.5 meters' height) can reach even higher speeds - up to 200 kilometers an hour, in fact. By now, several states that utilize this method have even commissioned the development (and received several units) of electric and hydrogen-powered buses.

They aren’t appointed. They’re elected in prefectorial and district elections. The office of prefect and district director are very similar to the position of MP in GB, as the elected individual represent the interests of the prefecture’s or district’s population.
/skip
MT 'modern Byzantium' blending Orwell and Mirror’s Edge with NazCentBol-esque Blue Helmet neoimperialism and tacticool Stormtrooperesque faceless legions.
Capital: Constantinople | President: Ioánnis Bardanes | Religion: Orthodox Christianity | Factbook | Map | News

Grand Celestial Domain
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Celestial Domain » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Good, very good. Efficiency but an approach to a sustainable future so that you do not harm the natural realm where the spirits reside. If your high-speed bus transports work between smaller population hubs as well as you claim, we see no faults.

@North German Realm, if you don't like Soleos' dystopia, try mine. It's an opposite flavor.

After going to space haphazardly because of environmental collapse and a GRB, we were surrounded by high death rates. Our detractors claim it drove us mad, but luckily we stuck on to faith through Taoism -as the Chinese were the global cultural hegemony as they won WW3- but we over-emphasized the complementary dualism and turned it into a fundamental Principle of reality; sort of similar to how the ancient Mesoamericans thought everything was a cyclical cycle where opposite forces of nature were in struggle but that mankind balances them through blood...

So under our ideology, human action is the motor of history and is necessary for keeping cosmic balance through war and/or sacrifice as nature needs human blood to keep going. Thus, spontaneous action and irrational emotionalism is seen as humanity's best quirk, and it is glorified along with a will to overcome despite tragedy, heroic feats, and the mythical. Along with that, it's shown through a veneration for physical youth and vitality which is in itself an implicit offer to die violently and a promise of rebirth. The enemy to defeat is Modernism; as scientific classification and capitalism nearly ruined humanity's link to nature and our ancestors and that led to Earth's demise; and we sacrifice modernist heathens -excluding our "near-soulless STEM tools" working in the Ministry of Science- in ritual wars and induced border conflicts when we raid or capture enemy territory or smite the vassals we goad into rebelling.

TL;DR: Taoism so distorted it turned into something near-Aztec + aesthetic bits of Fascism/Romanticist Nationalism + Anti-Rationalism + Imperial Cults and State Animism= Our official ideology
Little Grey Space "Mesoamericans" who badly LARP as Chinese.
All Factbooks Here
The Imperial Sun:  Gunboat diplomacy! Flotilla flies over U-Ess-Ayy Capitol of Washington./ Barbarian Warlord Truman to discuss return of saucer in Holloman Air Base./ Don't miss it on Holo TV- Cooking with Mùsī: "Top 10 rice-based desserts of the Year"/.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Shall we welcome you to the Stone Age now?

When Palmyrion effectively legalized private industry on 1985, a year after the 4th Civil War ended with the Stalinist regime being overthrown violently, cooperatives, particularly workers' cooperatives, rose as a means for Palmyrians to engage in socioeconomic activity to meet their needs in the face of post-war economic destitution.

These cooperatives ultimately paved the way for the restoration of Palmyrion's industrial and commercial might, and the cooperative is now the predominant corporate model in Palmyrion, with 90-95% of Palmyrian companies being medium and large-sized cooperatives.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Toraia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Toraia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 pm

That's a nice bounce back. Congratulations.

The current prime minister of Toraia, Yascho Jairo, is rather tech savvy and has an Instagram account. He says he prefers it to other social media platforms because it is picture-based rather than word-based. (He doesn't like mentally translating things from English to his native language.) He uses it to post photos of his beloved doggo, Ra-Ra.
Last edited by Toraia on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
19 years old, Christian, leftist, college student. I'm a man.
No using butchered translations from Google. We make con-langs like men.

Earth Circa 2050
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Circa 2050 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Toraia wrote:That's a nice bounce back. Congratulations.

The current prime minister of Toraia, Yascho Jairo, is rather tech savvy and has an Instagram account. He says he prefers it to other social media platforms because it is picture-based rather than word-based. (He doesn't like mentally translating things from English to his native language.) He uses it to post photos of his beloved doggo, Ra-Ra.

That's actually kind of wholesome. Normally, the words "leader" and "social media" together are asking for trouble, but this actually seems nice.

Over 80% of the world's food is cultivated in laboratories and processed in factories, rather than grown using "traditional agriculture". Meat is grown at the cellular level in vats, rather than trying to keep and care for an entire animal, with the meat later textured and processed using 3D printers. Other foods are grown similarly. This takes up far less land, produces far less greenhouse gases, and is able to appease animal rights activists, as none of the meat "feels pain", as it lacks a brain and nervous system. Expensive antibiotics aren't needed for the food either, as it is grown in a sterile environment, and contamination is more readily detectable (so if a particular batch was found to be contaminated, it could be properly disposed of quickly.) Such facilities are usually equipped with on site fission generators. Though these facilities are not cheap to set up, they are overall more cost effective than farming, and as a result, the food mass-produced from this can sell for far cheaper.
NS Stats shamelessly not used.
Say it with me: This is NOT a global Earth government. Our UN isn't even particularly powerful. (Our NATO on the other hand is large and powerful though.)
PMT with very little space presence.
Anyone who believes in magic is labeled a terrorist here. You got that, you terrorist?
Playlist, to give a gist of what we are. Shuffle suggested.

Kyria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyria » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 am

That’s excellent! I’d be totally for that in the real world.
Kyria’s world is multipolar and has multiple “blocs” and alliances. The Russian Federation leads the Moscow Concordat, and it includes much of Central Asia and the Caucasus region, at the least. The United Kingdom of Britannia heads the Commonwealth of Nations, consisting of former Britannian colonies and dominions. The Commonwealth of Kyria is the leader of the League of Democratic States, including most of the Americas and some other countries in other regions. The Republic of China maintains its own bloc, as does the Pan-Europan Union. Some of these blocs cooperate with each other, but others are vilified.

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 am

(Fact is Response)
The Three major global factions (The Brotherhood, The Pact, The Entente), while primarily military-diplomatic alliances, also function as large voting blocs in the World Assembly. Given the WA's importance as an actual body of legislature (with its very own judicial and law-enforcing capabilities), these Voting Blocs matter a lot, especially for the interest of national sovereignty.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Kyria wrote:Hmm. It’s rather strange to hear a galactic power be so incompetent and inconsistent in its economic system(s). I personally would recommend a mixed economic system, like those used by modern states. That’s just my two pence.
The Federal Congress, Kyria’s unicameral legislature, has a total of 700 seats - 117 of which are reserved for prefects and district directors. The former are the equivalent to state governors and the latter are akin to mayors or general local government heads (there are 8 districts in a prefecture). The remaining 583 seats are distributed amongst the political parties according to proportional representation.

....Imagine Venice, with its issues. Its wealth is out of control, and some forms it cannot hold together.
It isnt incompetency, its is the issue of rapid growth and trying to keep such a side connected, with new cultures popping up, and different needs of each planet.
/skip

AN: I dislike blocs. They just feel wrong to me, but it may be my Auturket side showing.
I do help it works in your favor.

Hystaria is an Egalitarin Society at its core, but a very harsh one. It tends to assimilate most cultures rapidly and without trouble.
It is a minor concern for many powers in the area, due the mass immigration into the nation, and the refusal to leave.
Even some spies and military personnel live and be Hystarian from other nations due to military cooperation, etc.
Last edited by Hystaria on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Metamen
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Metamen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:27 pm

"A Rushed Assimilation of a Territories Culture and otherwise does not bode well for the long term. While it might not trouble you now in the short term, mortals hold grudges deeply. The Republic goes to great lengths to ascertain the loyalty of Worlds placed under its dominance which is why even at its weakest points it can rely on the loyalty of its citizens whom in another life were the most bitter of rivals."

"Through a collection of intrigue and public screenings, the Republic gains some insight to how our enemies view us. For the most part the Information we value the most is the insight towards how our enemies view our military. Through a collection of video games, toys, news networks and the like, our enemies and allies alike continuously refer to the Republic as;

"the Army of the Dead".

It is easy to say that this tickled the fancy of many a Republic General. It was also rather easy to see why such views became common. In general, all Republic Soldiers are capable of full body regeneration, the only real limit is a Soldiers own mental and spiritual strength (We added spiritual based regeneration because headshots are a thing). It would not be uncommon on a Republic active conflict zone, a Soldier that you would have expected to be dead, to stand back up and go looking for missing appendages or continue fighting as though nothing had happened.

We're not going to get into Astral Bodies because that would take more time then needed. Anyway, for Propaganda Purposes and for added Psychological Effect, Republic Generals have often tried to play on this Idea of a Republic Undead Army, often affixing symbols that a culture deems related to undeath or the like to their ships and uniforms.

This has the added effect however of our enemies taking no prisoners, and even when doing so treating said prisoners tantamount to Intergalactic Rules of War.

Often Republic Retribution is less than equal."

-Imperator Ordea
Other Worlds: *Exist*
Republic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxPVj0hejg
OOC: "Remember, if you lower your standards just enough to reach the very center of the planet... the Universe still finds away to disappoint you. That's why we should stop having standards."
Please Note that this Nation does NOT use NS stats.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:14 pm

The only way you could up this shit is if you made the scythe the standard-issue weapon of last resort for all soldiers.

Prussia-Poland, like most nations, has it's fair share of weeaboos. In the mainland, at worst, you get laughed at a little, or some guy shows up at a convention and starts breaking katanas with a $20 hammer.

However...this does not apply to it's far-flung Asian colonies, where the memory of Imperial Japan's war crimes are still fresh and raw. Often, anything, anyone, and anything relating to Japan, modern or Imperial, is met with xenophobic bitterness, and this bitterness occasionally explodes into full-out violence, such as during the 2012 anti-Japanese demonstrations in Qingdao, which occurred in conjunction with those in the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China.
While the violent demonstrations in the PRC and RoC were contained rather quickly, those in Prussia-Poland resembled an armed insurrection(thanks to Prussia-Poland's extremely lax gun regulations) and required the intervention of not only the local regiment of naval infantry, but 2 brigades of the paramilitary Schutztruppe, shipped in from Tanzania.
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Czech-Bohemia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Czech-Bohemia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:The only way you could up this shit is if you made the scythe the standard-issue weapon of last resort for all soldiers.

Prussia-Poland, like most nations, has it's fair share of weeaboos. In the mainland, at worst, you get laughed at a little, or some guy shows up at a convention and starts breaking katanas with a $20 hammer.

However...this does not apply to it's far-flung Asian colonies, where the memory of Imperial Japan's war crimes are still fresh and raw. Often, anything, anyone, and anything relating to Japan, modern or Imperial, is met with xenophobic bitterness, and this bitterness occasionally explodes into full-out violence, such as during the 2012 anti-Japanese demonstrations in Qingdao, which occurred in conjunction with those in the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China.
While the violent demonstrations in the PRC and RoC were contained rather quickly, those in Prussia-Poland resembled an armed insurrection(thanks to Prussia-Poland's extremely lax gun regulations) and required the intervention of not only the local regiment of naval infantry, but 2 brigades of the paramilitary Schutztruppe, shipped in from Tanzania.

You might want to see about trying to ease the situation since if they're bitter enough they might have people try to push for a war that you don't want.

Bohemia's sole Fascist party, the Bohemian Edenist Party, follows a form of Fascism that is somewhat unique to the Earth-Victor universe. Edenism is a Clerical Fascist, Catholic Nationalist ideology that believes in creating a one-party state under God and that Catholicism must be put in every aspect of public and private life. The party itself is split between being Anti-Monarchist and Pro-Monarchist simply due to the tendency for Monarchs to be Anti-Fascist as well as Anti-Socialist.

Edenism itself originates from Venezuela in the Earth-Victor universe which ended up taking over French Guiana, Colombia, Ecuador and Panama and creating 'Gran Venezuela.' This is due to multiple alternate history factors, with an isolationist and uncaring America being one of them.
Formerly known as Escocaria.Member of Earth-VictorAnnette II z Třebíč, Queen of BohemiaPolitical Parties of BohemiaThis nation is known as Bohemia, username is Czech-Bohemia due to availability.This nation does not use NS Stats.

Soleos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Soleos » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:29 pm

So, a Religion, not race, based form of Fascism? Interesting.

The military of the Technocracy and its allies are as follows:

Voor Technocracy
Warrior caste. Basically, they genetically engineer their own citizens to fit a particular caste system with only the Leaders/Research based citizens having any semblance of 'free will'.

Xervian Synergetics
Mercenaries trying to profit from interstellar conflict, indebted servitude "volunteers", and an array of 4-legged machines powered by the brain of indebted citizens who fail to make their debt payments on time. In the last case, those who didn't pay their debt on time would have their brains stored in a computing facility, powering their cities and machines until someone bails them out or if said facility gets destroyed. These brains have no sensory activity, but are conscious enough to be aware of pure darkness and lack of feeling. They can be stepped on and the brain dies without knowing it's being stepped on.

United Systems of Sol
Droids - Mass produced machine soldiers whose sole purpose is to fight for the Technocracy.

Clones - Esteemed soldiers cloned en mass, making the bulk of the military. They have no consciousness other than an undying loyalty to the Technocracy.

Volunteers - Citizens who voluntarily enlist, both Human and Taloan. They are given the most care and safety priority.

Xenomorphs - Luddites, or anyone whose ideas threaten the Human Species, are taken into a military lab if deemed fit enough more for combat than research. There, they'll have their psychology and biology warped into that of a bloodthirsty beast, their physiology turned into some hunkish freak of nature, and are docile like dangerously trained dogs to ravage any victim their caretakers point at.
This NS doesn't represent irl views | Factbook (WIP)
An interstellar Technocratic & Progressive, albeit Fascist state ruled by Administrator Nadia Elbaz, elected by the Technocratic Council, a committee of intellectual elites. Only Academic elites can hold political power. Anti-Technocracy advocates are "Recycled" in the name of progress. Citizenry is taken care of so they can focus on innovation or service to the Technocracy.

See Borgevia for RL views.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:12 am

Appalling, but not surprising. It's still appalling though.

The University of Palmyrion is the premier state university system of the Royal Commonwealth, and its top university system as well, ranking among the top 10% of Greater Dienstadi universities, and in the top 20% along with the rest of the world. However, it has a fierce college rivalry with the Ateneo Lu-Bruska university system, a university system managed by Marshite friars; such a college rivalry has permeated into every single aspect of the lives of Palmyrion's educated high society, with the lower socioeconomic strata feeling its effects.
Last edited by Palmyrion on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Severy
Civilian

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Severy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:08 am

That’s rather interesting. I can’t say the rivalry is a very good thing - especially if its effects can be felt on such a scale. It sounds rather detrimental to me, I suppose.
Forced labour is an everyday truth in Servery. There are multiple labour camps operated by the government, two of which under exclusive control by the state’s secret police. Criminals, dissidents and captured tribals/raiders are put to work clearing rubble and opening new areas for the citizenry and government to use, alongside other laborious tasks. Petty criminals are set to public service rather than imprisonment, mainly cleaning public areas, serving citizens, harvesting scrap and other material and serving as an example. Higher tier criminals such as serial killers, serial rapists and so on are set to work clearing or exploring radioactive areas without protection. This fate is shared with certain dissidents and raiders.
Serveryan StateСіэвіараны, да зброі!

The Serveryan State is a despotic dictatorship situated in post-apocalyptic Eastern Europe. It is a totalitarian state under the iron heel of the Serveryan National Party and Voždź Euphrosyne Lyakh.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:27 am

Slavery in itself isn't wrong, but you gotta treat them well. Even though they were criminals.

Again, semantics and associations are integral parts in Amenria's natiombuilding. A prime example is the Heavenly Empress Park Jin Ae. The Ae (爱) in her name means "love" and her birthday is 20 May. If you don't get the reference, 520 is Chinese internet slang for "I love you". Plus, the Jin (辰) means "dragon" and she is a dragonfolk.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Soleos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Soleos » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:57 am

Feels great meeting another Chinese-based civilization in a sea of Wehraboos, Weebs, and Francophiles.

The Technocracy's first victims were East Asians, where the government was founded. They rounded up everyone from India to Japan, from Mongolia to Singapore, who have views that are deemed Defective and used in military and medical research. When the Technocracy became the sole, stable government of humanity surviving an extinction event, it followed this policy on everyone else. In a sense, the East Asians "evolved first" by eliminating everyone that's considered Defective, creating a society of scientifically literate, academically ambitious, socially progressive (in regards to LGBTQ, Women's rights, etc) people. The decay of the United States as a Superpower thanks to Democrats and Republicans being scientifically illiterate and mentally stagnant doesn't help either. Eventually, every other demographic caught up (through sheer brutality).

It's why "Anti-Vaxxer" became associated with the West, since Southeast Asia and Rural China wiped out anti-vaxxers decades ago, and the harsh restriction on anti-scientific view forced the Asians to be academically progressive. Almost every anti-vaxxer were used in medical experiment, as a final insult to their ways of thinking. An unnamed Anti-Vaxxer from Korea is the source of a cure for Cancer, as Defectives are only given numbers and personal data expunged to dehumanize their deaths and experimentation as much as possible. The cure is named after those that found the cure, with the only data of the victim that died for it was "D-1839i" or "Defective ID 1839i". Once Earth fell under our Blue, Black, and White banner, we have a more diverse cast of Defectives to experiment on, leading to many medical discoveries.

"Anti-Vaxxers do have some use, after all" a statement made by a German Biology professor Johann Mauer, who's only spared just for being in Academia. Johann helped find the cure for several STIs using German Defectives as subjects to find a cure. He's also known as the first European to openly support the Technocracy instead of the UN.
Last edited by Soleos on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
This NS doesn't represent irl views | Factbook (WIP)
An interstellar Technocratic & Progressive, albeit Fascist state ruled by Administrator Nadia Elbaz, elected by the Technocratic Council, a committee of intellectual elites. Only Academic elites can hold political power. Anti-Technocracy advocates are "Recycled" in the name of progress. Citizenry is taken care of so they can focus on innovation or service to the Technocracy.

See Borgevia for RL views.

Severy
Civilian

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Severy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:59 am

... I’m quite honestly disgusted by such atrocities. They’re far, far worse than even the Holocaust...
In the timeline of Severy’s world, the Cuban Missile Crisis led to nuclear armageddon and the destruction of modern civilianisation. Very few states survived it, and those that did fell to chaos and anarchy not long after. Earth’s flora and fauna is so damaged by the events of the Third Great War that it can be labelled a "tomb world." The current year is 2052, nearly a century since the TGW. However, the world remains lawless and largely inhospitable.
Serveryan StateСіэвіараны, да зброі!

The Serveryan State is a despotic dictatorship situated in post-apocalyptic Eastern Europe. It is a totalitarian state under the iron heel of the Serveryan National Party and Voždź Euphrosyne Lyakh.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Tee-hee. Our geographical counterparts must have miscalculated something as we also temporarily let the Soviets set up nuclear missiles in our islands because we didn't want the Americans playing grab-ass...politically, economically and literally. In any case, what a shame. Wonder how much of the biosphere was wiped out.

Before the Spanish arrived, the sex-ratio of the islands was 1:6 in male-to-female terms, the nobility held power by claiming lineage and property rights through monogamy and kept their privileges through it as well by arranging influential conyugal unions for the Imperial Court. In contrast, peasants had to settle for polygamy and had limited ways of proving fatherhood. To boot, the Empress theoretically "owned" all the scarce males, and "lended" them to other females through the contract of marriage to further legitimize the nobility's power.

The Spaniard's arrival led to an unforeseen abundance of men and caused the Neko Empire's social system to implode. Even if the small and well trained Imperial Army caused way more of a headache to the Conquistadors than the primitive Inca and untactical Aztecs, it was defeated when the incentive to fight ended. The mere existence of the Spanish ended the nobility's monopoly.

Unsurprisingly a massive population boom in the 16th Century followed. And us.
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:14 am

Ohh, I see. Colonizator arrival often has pretty important consequences.

During the Conference of the World in New Mexico, Commonwealth's leaders drew new borders for the Middle East, which would change its political landscape a lot. That said, SC's Middle East is still unstable, as desert raiders often attack traders, and travelers, and local forces try to keep them away.

Here are some of the border changes:

• Creation of a Kurdistan region from parts of Turkey, Iraq, and Syria
  • Unification of Caucasus into an one region, along with small parts of Northeast Turkey, and Azerbaijani inhabited parts of Iran (Northwest)
  • Giving Eastern Thrace to Greece (Balkan region, European Federation) as a part of smaller Megali idea, along with western Istanbul. (Eastern Istanbul remained in hands of Turkish region, and on a larger scale - Middle East region)
  • Unification of Egypt and Sudan into Military Republic of Egypt-Sudan
  • Merging all of Arabian peninsula into one state - Magna Arabia, along with Kuwait, southern Iraq, and Eastern Jordan.
  • Creation of a new state - Levant, with control over the rest of Jordan, Israel (Including West Bank, and Gaza strip), Lebanon, Cyprus, and most of the Syria (Except the Kurdish parts), along with all of Syria's coastline.
  • Renaming the rest of Iraq to Mesopotamia, and merging Khuzestan with it.

That said, not all of the governors are content with those borders, especially Iranian, and Turkish governors, as they have lost the most land in process - either new states were carved out of their territory, or they had to give them a new territory. Of course, Kurdistan dispute is the most heated one in the Middle Eastern council.
Last edited by Silver Commonwealth on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Hiachijan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiachijan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:07 am

Border changes and renamings are bound to make some political entities unhappy, no matter what. I cannot help but feel it will lead to worse tensions.
The Amoeba, while not actually being amoeba, are an Andromedan race of sentient microorganisms that have managed to retain a small star empire after their uplifting millenia ago.

Larger races, such as those of the YC, often farm them and exploit them for usage in beneficial civilian products, such as the popular "self-aware multi-purpose lubricant." Being Amoeba, they rarely complain about it.
Interstellar state of a blind, music-loving race of aliens. TGs are welcomed.
[floatleft][b]Q&A

The Great-German Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great-German Empire » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:18 am

So basically they’re smart enough to advance technologically but have a very limited counterpart to our “higher brain functions” which makes them exploitable as a result? Neat.

Due to the amount of people in each Reichstag constituency, parties will typically have multiple candidates trying to gain the party’s support for each one. This crowded entrance into national politics is what funnels people into regional parliaments instead. The only reason why Theodor Hartmann got to run unimpeded for his Breslau seat was because the party he then worked for, the NLP, was typically weak there and so none of his colleagues were optimistic enough to challenge him; He then proceeded to take the seat in the 2009 federal election.
IC Name: Empire of Germany
Just your friendly neighborhood Weltmacht. Und Doch Gang | NS Stats are not used. Q&A if you need it!
Pro/Anti, 8Values and other tests: Here
Unapologetic libertarian populist monarchism

Vossische Zeitung: The Chancellor, Baron Hartmann, announced in a rally that he will 'work tirelessly against the formation of a society of control' | Hungary edges out Germany 4-3 in Euro Cup final; Kaiser personally congratulates Hungarians for an 'exceptional' game | According to survey, 73% of Germans oppose an introduction of speed limits on major Autobahns

The Great Intergalactic Empire
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Intergalactic Empire » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:40 am

Well at least everyone has a chance. It certainly can be hard to achieve any political position in many nations.
-----

Vilician people seemingly have less red blood cells than regular humans, this gives Vilician people a paler complexion and makes breathing on certain planets more difficult due to Vilician people needing more oxygen.
It's not uncommon for people to wear breathing apparatus. Vilician children are usually quite weak and tired until 5-8 years old almost akin to chronic fatigue.
Last edited by The Great Intergalactic Empire on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone always uses the black market factbook...
Before ya'll talk about the horses: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1215662
Important Cultural ethics: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... id=1199646
A theme that kinda fits the Empire's aesthetic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmPkpSXZZmM
IC Year: 3A 2
Tech: FTT

"LoL yOuR nS iSn'T pOsSiBlE!" Really? I had no idea!
I'm not the greatest at getting down all relevant information in a factbook so if anything needs clarifying or explaining just ask me in TG's.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives