NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Knessniet
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:51 pm

What? I don't get your reference.

Knessians have a tradition where the father passes an item to the eldest son when the son reaches adulthood. This depends on class, occupation, and other such statistics.

For example, a plantation overseer may give his whip to his son, while a noble would likely give a dress sword or painting of the family arms. In poorer families, it may be implements of the trade in which the father has taught his son, such as a hammer or pitchfork.

The holy united capel empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The holy united capel empire » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:55 pm

their ruler is a grand duke

Planet Illysia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Planet Illysia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Knessiet: That's a sweet little tradition, minus the slavery and all that. What would a soldier pass on?

Skipping AN, since they didn't present a fact

The planet has a warlord problem. There's an entire continent just covered in warlord cliques, the biggest being the Habsburg Clique. As the name suggests, the Habsburg Clique is in fact headed by a branch of the one and only Habsburg family. The warlord clique has a bad reputation, as it's known for its usage of child soldiers. One of these child soldiers, Hungarian-descended Lou Vadas (codename Grenzer), is known for his proficient usage of his plasma machine gun.
An ex-Terran colony made independent then shattered by civil war long ago. A planet of misery and suffering, with unbelievable levels of corruption, warlords and military juntas, exploitation, poverty, and general inhumanity.

general_news: | Culprit of the Sol Sollective massacres discovered!| Beloved former produced Markus Wolf killed in combat by the culprit | His name is Nero Vendean AKA Flying Light; former B-class shinobi, now A-rank
Join my Discord RP!

Knessniet
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Planet Illysia wrote:Knessiet: That's a sweet little tradition, minus the slavery and all that. What would a soldier pass on?

Skipping AN, since they didn't present a fact

The planet has a warlord problem. There's an entire continent just covered in warlord cliques, the biggest being the Habsburg Clique. As the name suggests, the Habsburg Clique is in fact headed by a branch of the one and only Habsburg family. The warlord clique has a bad reputation, as it's known for its usage of child soldiers. One of these child soldiers, Hungarian-descended Lou Vadas (codename Grenzer), is known for his proficient usage of his plasma machine gun.

A weapon, quality varies by rank.
/skip

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The holy united capel empire » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:59 pm

the country is an entire planet! that is awesome.

Planet Illysia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Planet Illysia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:00 pm

The holy united capel empire wrote:the country is an entire planet! that is awesome.

I think you're on the wrong thread.
/skip
An ex-Terran colony made independent then shattered by civil war long ago. A planet of misery and suffering, with unbelievable levels of corruption, warlords and military juntas, exploitation, poverty, and general inhumanity.

general_news: | Culprit of the Sol Sollective massacres discovered!| Beloved former produced Markus Wolf killed in combat by the culprit | His name is Nero Vendean AKA Flying Light; former B-class shinobi, now A-rank
Join my Discord RP!

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The holy united capel empire » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:03 pm

No I am not I gave my opinion on an interrsting fact.

The Unknown Master
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unknown Master » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:09 pm

"Warlords are the scum of this wasteland, they actively hinder our progress to rebuild society. Hearing them have child soldiers, while not a surprise, makes me hate them even more."-Lady Annebelle, leader of "The Resistence" and "Camp Delta"

Jonah St. Claire, the man responsible for the creation of Mercurius A-54 which had brought about a nuclear apocalpse, had created a second AI that he designed to look like his deceased daughter who died of leukemia at age 23. He named it A.L.I.E 2.0, as in the "second generation of ArtificiaL IntelligencE". The main difference between ALIE and Mercurius was that ALIE had better understanding of humanity and compassion as opposed to Mercurius who was simply a computer in a "human body".
Factbook

Note: Information found in dispatches is not canon to this world anymore. Please click the link for the factbook.

The Unknown Master
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unknown Master » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:10 pm

The holy united capel empire wrote:No I am not I gave my opinion on an interrsting fact.

No bud, you're in the wrong place....
Factbook

Note: Information found in dispatches is not canon to this world anymore. Please click the link for the factbook.

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:13 pm

I’m sure you must understand I am very wary about giving AI any sort of power, no matter its morality or programming.

The current Queen isn’t wholly humanoid. She is also partially non-human, owing to her direct creation by the god Kremvh.
Thus, in a way, Her Majesty is a living goddess.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

The Unknown Master
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unknown Master » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:17 pm

The Islands of Versilia wrote:I’m sure you must understand I am very wary about giving AI any sort of power, no matter its morality or programming.

The current Queen isn’t wholly humanoid. She is also partially non-human, owing to her direct creation by the god Kremvh.

"I mean...That's understandable...Last AI I made kind of...well...let's just say...caused a little mess..."-Jonah St.Claire... :unsure: //skip//
Factbook

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:43 pm

The Islands of Versilia wrote:I’m sure you must understand I am very wary about giving AI any sort of power, no matter its morality or programming.

Do I get to say it?
cHeChMaTe AtHeIsTs!!!!!1!!

Robosia is a maritime nation, as its history mainly revolves around fishing, piracy, and maritime trade. In fact, most depictions of modern Robosians in popular culture are merchant sailors.
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Fairly standard practice for marine nations, like England and Portugal. Most likely a powerful navy comes with this as well.

The most recent purge of undesirables targeted pseudoscientific bellievers, homeopaths, flat earthers and the like. The government appeared to extend an olive branch to draw them out and many secret societies and cults tentatively revealed themselves. Over the course of a few months, the intelligence service mapped out over 150 clubs and sects, totalling over 50,000 members, with a similar amount being implicated individually.

Any ranked members, and other influencers were outright executed (12,000 killed) with the rest sent to gulags and reeducation facilities. The process took 8 months in total, but rumour has it that intelligence is slowly piecing a new list of such people together...
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

The Zravvisk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zravvisk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:03 pm

How extreme of you. If you need to have purges, it's good sign it's a failing in your government.

Unlike several other space faring nations, we don't have a prime directive or similar law. That should be quite obvious from how many legends, cults, and religions we accidentally started on primitive planets.
Zravvisk is the name of our species, but other people commonly call us "Space Dragons".
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and tolerable with condiments.
A day in the Armada isn't too different from a Star Trek episode if almost eveyone in the Federation was a dragon and spiritual.
Trying to collect every NS pokemon card. Almost 630 collected.

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:They believe the stars are full of wonder, when they are, in fact, GIANT, BURNING DEMON-SPHERES OF SIGHT-BLINDING, GRAVITY-CREATING, LIFE-ENDING, OVERALL DEADLINESS.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 pm

whoa whoa calm down u're getting op now

The Widowmaker's Lair is a depressing name given to a region comprised of 20 of Palmyrion's northernmost provinces. War has raged on the region since 500BCE, and no lesser than 5-10 conflicts have taken place in the region, killing upwards of 500 million over the last 2,500 years.

Ending the violence in the region and jumpstarting robust economic activity and social development in the area, among others, is perhaps the present Lakán's biggest promise ever since he stepped up to the throne after his father's retirement on 2016, which perhaps partially explains the planned incremental year-by-year increase in the budgets of the Armed Forces of Palmyrion (the Royal Commonwealth's main military force) and the Civil Defense Force (a gendarmerie force that serves as a paramilitary internal security and law enforcement unit; closest Palmyrion has to a police force).
Last edited by Palmyrion on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Normund
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Normund » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:28 am

That is quite strange and morbid. It’s good to see times have changed.

One of the banned and defunct political parties that once existed in Normundic politics was the White Brotherhood. It was made up solely by Caucasions and had a neonazi platform.
The party was banned and its leadership arrested in 1987 after members of the party bombed an Afro-Normundic church organisation, killing dozens and injuring many more.
Democracy ~ Rationalism ~ Integrity
Sometimes I wonder whether I should actually go through the trouble to get a degree when nigh-complete automation will most likely make me redundant anyway.

I’m an autistic, college-aged, white Anglo atheist who’s politically confused and enjoys traveling but is too poor to go overseas. Grr.

Dequarmi
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dequarmi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:47 am

Normund wrote:One of the banned and defunct political parties that once existed in Normundic politics was the White Brotherhood. It was made up solely by Caucasions and had a neonazi platform.
The party was banned and its leadership arrested in 1987 after members of the party bombed an Afro-Normundic church organisation, killing dozens and injuring many more.

"Hmm...I think we can all agree that this kind of ethnic supremacy is an issue everywhere. Well...except for those who espouse it..."
- Chancellor Louis Hermainsch

The first three Dunkleosteus-class quick-deployment missile submarines were constructed in 2016, but it is interesting to note that these submarine's designs are not native to Dequarmi, but instead brought by Maxtopian refugees fleeing from the Maxtopian Revolution.
Last edited by Dequarmi on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look to factbooks for info.
Chancellor: Louis Hermainsch
Factbooks: National Overview | Armed Forces | Dequarmese Language | Demonym is Dequarman.
News

Snofjogur
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snofjogur » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:39 am

Soleos wrote:Isn't it more efficient to select a minimum of 2 as mandatory and leave the third as optional? Don't quote us, we only speak New Terran, few knowing Old Terran and Xenolinguistics.

It might be more efficient in the sense of the children having more free time. However, it would require more rules to ensure two of the three language families are chosen (Icelandic and Faroese are in the same family, while Norwegian, Swedish and Danish are in the same family). The idea is to have people be able to communicate with each other without having to resort to English; since languages in the same family are mutually intelligible, everyone knowing at least one language from two different families ensures that any two people have at least one language they can converse in. It has also been shown that being at least bilingual from a young age greatly facilitates the later acquisition of new languages if that is what a person desires. It would be possible to achieve all of this with only two languages by enforcing stricter rules on language selection (only one from each family), but we believe offering three languages reinforces the language-learning facilitation and reduces the number of necessary language selection rules to one.

Dequarmi wrote:The first three Dunkleosteus-class quick-deployment missile submarines were constructed in 2016, but it is interesting to note that these submarine's designs are not native to Dequarmi, but instead brought by Maxtopian refugees fleeing from the Maxtopian Revolution.

It is sad that nations are still using weapons instead of diplomacy to deal with each other. That said, it is interesting that refugees managed to steal a submarine (or blueprints for it).

Following the VitroGrow Act, all food is now grown in laboratories across Snofjogur as artificial tissue identical to the natural one down to the molecular level, and artificial organs are produced in labs in hospitals when needed. This has voided the need for humans to kill/capture animals or harvest plants for food, organs and experimentation. It is thus illegal to harm or kill any animal in any way in Snofjogur. This has helped protect the species native to Snofjogur and its waters, many of which are endangered due to overhunting or climate change.
FACTBOOK

IC date = today + 11 years

Latest news: Warmest day on record, climate summit to be held

Games:
2057: The darkest hour (OOC | IC)

My nation (the factbook version) fully reflects my views. Running a psychotic dictatorship where people have zero rights can be fun, but at the end of the day I find it much more interesting to try to pull together a nation full of groups with different interests and make sure everyone gets along while balancing things like education, welfare, environment, industry and economic growth and making sure everyone gets what they deserve.

Knessniet
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:22 am

I wonder how that affects the price. While raising livestock is expensive, technology can be even more so.

Knessians are very hospitable people. When traveling, it is common for a traveler to stay at a stranger's home in rural areas, as inns and hotels are often only in cities. This doesn't actually result in crime, as it is considered a social duty to give a traveler rest for a night, and a meal. This should be taken in the context of Knessniet, where social customs are far different from most other places.

Nevv Vegas
Attaché

Founded: Nov 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevv Vegas » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:10 am

"That place had no Great War" -Mr.House

The previous 3 ambssadors all aggressively tried to take over New Vegas. The current one, Dennis Crocker is trying to passively take Vegas.
S: National Syndicalism/Falangism, Estonian Nationalism, Enviromentalism, Protestantism, Strasserism, Azov Brigade and Eco-Fascism.
A: Revision Of Trianon, Huey Long, Italian Fascism.
B: Indian Restoration over America, Hitlerism and Esoteric Hitlerism.
C: China,
D:
E: Communism (Inherently leads to the destruction of ethnicity and language, see USSR and Russification), Russia (Gib Petseri Back).
F: USA, Republicans, Democrats, Israel, Zionism, Palestine, Judaism, LGBT, Feminism, Paganism, Islam.

Elagu Eesti!
Previous entities: Polvamaa, National Estonia.

New Vegas, 2283, Mr. House has taken most of the Mojave after the second battle of Hoover Dam with the NCR nearly destroyed and the Legion in a civil war. And House is going to expand his enterprise.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:10 am

Sounds nice... We never really have that anywhere in my country (both IC and OOC).

AN: *grabs popcorn and diet pepsi* Go ahead.

Diplomatic gifting is important. It gives a strong political implication about your nation's culture, your administration's character, your relationship with the recipient's nation, and lastly your own message to them. My universe, as some may know, is filled with nations of post-modern technology but have their mentality stuck from 1850s to 1950s. Diplomatic gifts define the prestige of the givers and their well-wishes to their recipients, but sometimes becomes an art of subtle intimidation or condescension.

In a blatant and tasteless fashion, the Kozavian Imperial Court and the Zitravgradian Politburo keep giving each other jewelry, swords and other decorations encrusted with below-average-grade diamonds on 12 January (Kozav Rus Day) and 28 December (Zitravgradian Independence Day). But why diamonds? These diamonds are mined from the Ukaral, the mountain range that divides both nations. Basically, they keep exchanging diamonds mined from their own side of the mountain range, knowing too well it is cheaper than market price.

These gifts serve to normalize the relations between both nations in the eyes of the international community. It is meant to be symbolic and sent on yearly basis, so it has to look good but does not break the bank.
Last edited by Zitravgrad on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Normund
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Normund » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:14 am

That’s quite in depth. I applaud such measures.

During international state visits, President Malcom dresses according to the majority culture and attitudes of the regions he visits. However, he also makes sure the attire would be in good taste and whether it is reasonable to wear such a thing.
Sometimes I wonder whether I should actually go through the trouble to get a degree when nigh-complete automation will most likely make me redundant anyway.

I’m an autistic, college-aged, white Anglo atheist who’s politically confused and enjoys traveling but is too poor to go overseas. Grr.

Nevv Vegas
Attaché

Founded: Nov 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevv Vegas » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:24 am

"Sounds like pandering" -Mr.House

Vault 21 was filled (mostly) with concrete and turned into a hotel, most of its residents forced out with Sarah Weinthraub being allowed to take care of the place.
S: National Syndicalism/Falangism, Estonian Nationalism, Enviromentalism, Protestantism, Strasserism, Azov Brigade and Eco-Fascism.
A: Revision Of Trianon, Huey Long, Italian Fascism.
B: Indian Restoration over America, Hitlerism and Esoteric Hitlerism.
C: China,
D:
E: Communism (Inherently leads to the destruction of ethnicity and language, see USSR and Russification), Russia (Gib Petseri Back).
F: USA, Republicans, Democrats, Israel, Zionism, Palestine, Judaism, LGBT, Feminism, Paganism, Islam.

Elagu Eesti!
Previous entities: Polvamaa, National Estonia.

New Vegas, 2283, Mr. House has taken most of the Mojave after the second battle of Hoover Dam with the NCR nearly destroyed and the Legion in a civil war. And House is going to expand his enterprise.

Afghanystan
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Afghanystan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:59 am

Why is this Sarah not wearing a hijab? Perhaps my mujahideen will have to finish the job that Mr. House started with Vault 22.

The Zakat-free zones in Kabul, Lashkar Gah and Ghazni City are growing rapidly, allowing the Afghan economy to recover from decades of war. The leading industry is auto manufacturing. A Zakat-free zone is similar to what is called a "free economic zone" in some foreign nations.
ستره بريا

Normund
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Normund » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:17 am

The last thing a criminal and a terrorist should have is more money and power.

In recent years, the majority of marriages and children born from said marriages are multiracial. More advertisements are displaying interracial/multiracial couples as well, and experts expect that the country will become majority multiracial in the next two decades.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives