NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 am

That’s incredibly strange and slightly disturbing. There’s something... awfully wrong about that.

Versilians originally came from the lower Danube, in SE. Europe, just after the last ice age. Throughout the next centuries, they travelled through Turkey, Mesopotamia, Central Asia, ancient India, the Himalayas, and through ancient China. They stayed for a long while in China, before moving up through what would become Manchuria, eastern Russia and Siberia, then took boats to Versilia.
They arrived around 600 BCE, and have continued to thrive until today.

Due to mixing during the travels, modern Versilians are made of lots of ancient ethnicities. There is a Dacian/Thracian base, with layers of Hellenic, Assyrian, Mesopotamian, Armenian, Turk, Proto-Uyghur, Proto-Tibetan, Ancient Chinese, Jurchen, Korean, Aleut and Ainu.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:43 am

Skyhooked wrote:Just like the famous Omerta code. "An attack on one is an attack on all". What about never "ratting out" fellow citizens, or maybe the death is the only reason to stop being citizen of the country?

There is an omen in Skyhooked, that right wing politicans, especially those, who try to prohibit gambling, alcohol, weed, or free speech, tend to get in accidents much more often.

Don't quite get what you're saying.

/skipp
Doobengert wrote:*hic*
lots of people died
*cough and then hiccup, then drinks more out of his empty bottle*
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
-Asheyin, More drunk than he should be
We don't use NS stats unless they'd fit the nation same w/policies
Our National Anthem
here is a few songs that would give the vibe of our nation: General vibe 1 Genera vibe 2| Morales | Military (just replace America with Lymonia) | Culture

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
-Reagan

#NotAllFlubals. Put this in your sig if you know not all Flubals get into car accidents

Free American Empire-
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free American Empire- » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 am

The Islands of Versilia wrote:That’s incredibly strange and slightly disturbing. There’s something... awfully wrong about that.

Versilians originally came from the lower Danube, in SE. Europe, just after the last ice age. Throughout the next centuries, they travelled through Turkey, Mesopotamia, Central Asia, ancient India, the Himalayas, and through ancient China. They stayed for a long while in China, before moving up through what would become Manchuria, eastern Russia and Siberia, then took boats to Versilia.
They arrived around 600 BCE, and have continued to thrive until today.

Due to mixing during the travels, modern Versilians are made of lots of ancient ethnicities. There is a Dacian/Thracian base, with layers of Hellenic, Assyrian, Mesopotamian, Armenian, Turk, Proto-Uyghur, Proto-Tibetan, Ancient Chinese, Jurchen, Korean, Aleut and Ainu.

So, a real melting pot of ethnicies... interesting.

In first flag designs, eagle was looking at olive branches, which symbolized peace. But as America had always rather been in war with other nations, government changed it to fascist axe- it symbolized unity of American people, and arrow meaning was changed as well- in past, they meant war, but now they symbolized American eagle's (America's) weapons, which are ready to be used against America's enemies.
I have moved this nation to the Silver Commonwealth, just like Frievolk did with Asmundia, as too many people seemed to confuse the old name with new one.

Cradlehurst
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cradlehurst » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 am

Whatever it’s meaning, it must be removed.
It is a symbol of rebellion and republicanism.

The average English family take turns cooking, cleaning, caring for children, etc. The extended family usually live close by, and sometimes even in the same household.
| The Grand Duchy of Cradlehurst |
| “Family, Country, Justice.” |
Overview | Current Year: 2072 ♕
An English, traditionalist Grand Duchy forged from the ruins of Oxford and central England in 2033. The capital is Oxford, led by Grand Duchess Irene and the population follows Deist Christianity. The majority ideology is Social Conservatism and traditionalism mixed with modern ideas.

I’m an Englishman

Stanier
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Stanier » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am

Wow, they really don't like to be apart don't they?

In Stanier if a candidate for a position of power that is elected democratically, like a mayor, has a criminal record, he/she has to pass a written test in order to be apt for the candidacy, the tests have questions that are randomly generated regarding the candidates' records, in order to test if they are really reformed.
Call me Lima
Kako (Yes, she is her own person inside my head) and I are Jeff Lynne's No. 1 fans.
Italic text with mostly lower case letters = I'm joking.
Stanier is set in 2016 and it's stuck there 'till I can finish this lore.
NS stats are used, but policies aren't.
Slowly learning Italian

La Voce di Stanier, NULL NaN: Kako quote of the [INSERT DETERMINATE REFRESH PERIOD] "The floof does not discriminate, be it catto, doggo, birb, or bnnuy. All fluff was created equal"|New plan, minor worldbuilding, focus on the characters, sideline the leader. THE MEAT MUST BE IN THE BACKGROUND CHARACTERS!

Chuukango
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chuukango » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 am

That sounds... interesting. Keeps things fresh if nothing else I suppose.
Not a bad concept, great step towards re-introducing ex-convicts into society.

The mascot for Police Forces throughout the Federation is a German Shepherd referred to affectionately as “Sheriff John Brown”
The dogs real name, however, is Phillip Arnold the Second.
Last edited by Chuukango on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elparia's token gay disaster.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am

Huh. Maybe it's a bit unfair. but idk.

Considering the sheer size of the Pilartic Government (I don't mean that figuratively. Pilarcraft's government is exactly 1200 people), there has been movements to make its smaller. The First Stage of this process was reducing the number of the Ambassadors from 2000 to 1200. It is theorized that the size may be reduced to, in the worst case scenario, 300 people.
Some argue that this might be more oligarchic and authoritarian. Others argue that it takes about 30 minutes for every person to vote, and this is time that could be spent better.
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am

Stanier wrote:Wow, they really don't like to be apart don't they?

In Stanier if a candidate for a position of power that is elected democratically, like a mayor, has a criminal record, he/she has to pass a written test in order to be apt for the candidacy, the tests have questions that are randomly generated regarding the candidates' records, in order to test if they are really reformed.

Our reaction shall be our interesting fact.

If a politician commits any crime in office they're gonna receive treason laws, no one with a criminal record can run nor vote, stuff like that
lots of people died
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
Our National Anthem
here is a few songs that would give the vibe of our nation: General vibe 1 Genera vibe 2| Morales | Military (just replace America with Lymonia) | Culture

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
-Reagan

#NotAllFlubals. Put this in your sig if you know not all Flubals get into car accidents

Netherspace
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Netherspace » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:08 am

Seems legit.

Human archeologists have found texts in the Mediterranean area written about a deity known as ‘The Wanderer’, ‘The Stalker’, or ‘The Nomad’, which was worshipped by some small city-states during the Roman era. Strangely, manuscripts of the same referring to a similar entity have also been found in east Asia.

Cradlehurst
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cradlehurst » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am

Ah, yes, Eldritch brings messing with humanity.
Not really surprising tbh humans are dumb.

A national institution regulates grammar and language, and good handwriting is a compulsory thing to learn in educatiom.
An English, traditionalist Grand Duchy forged from the ruins of Oxford and central England in 2033. The capital is Oxford, led by Grand Duchess Irene and the population follows Deist Christianity. The majority ideology is Social Conservatism and traditionalism mixed with modern ideas.

I’m an Englishman

Free American Empire-
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free American Empire- » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 am

From other side, it might even be a good thing...

Soldiers have been indoctrinated into hate so far, that they are merciless to both side enemy soldiers, and enemy soldiers are merciless to them in that same time. Army has committed many atrocities against enemy soldiers, and war prisoners often experience a painful death in soldier hands, or hanging in nearest city's center. Soldiers aren't really better against people in disputed zone either- abuse, looting, killing- all of them aren't uncommon in disputed zone.
I have moved this nation to the Silver Commonwealth, just like Frievolk did with Asmundia, as too many people seemed to confuse the old name with new one.

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 am

That's rather authoritarian.

LDF soldiers often give joke code names for nations like Burgerland for the USA for example
lots of people died
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
Our National Anthem

-Reagan

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am

any and all of these would be war crime in our nation and end with reimbursement, dishonorable discharge, and possibly even execution.

Up until the Last Reform, legal entities were allowed to vote and elect an Ambassador as well, in fact 800 of the 2000 Ambassadors were chosen by the corporations, factions and guilds in Pilarcraft. seeing this as undemocratic, this policy was finally dropped.
Led by The Triumvirate.
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Toraia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Toraia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 am

Pilarcraft wrote:any and all of these would be war crime in our nation and end with reimbursement, dishonorable discharge, and possibly even execution.

Up until the Last Reform, legal entities were allowed to vote and elect an Ambassador as well, in fact 800 of the 2000 Ambassadors were chosen by the corporations, factions and guilds in Pilarcraft. seeing this as undemocratic, this policy was finally dropped.

That is really undemocratic! Good thing they got rid of it.

Because they are short-statured, lean-muscled, and baby-faced, Toraians tend to look younger than they really are. Whether that's a curse or a blessing depends on who you ask. Most foreigners, though, say that Toraians are very CUTE!
Last edited by Toraia on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
19 years old, Christian, leftist, college student. I'm a man.
No using butchered translations from Google. We make con-langs like men.

Cradlehurst
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cradlehurst » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 am

Noice.

Despite racial mixing, almost every English person is white or fair-skinned. Polish and mainland European traits dominated eastern and other traits, though SE. Asian and E. Asian traits are still found.

I’m an Englishman

Stanier
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Stanier » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 am

Well, it seems like the british race is still prevailing.

On Stanier, a person on a political charge that is democratically elected has a limit of 3 possibilities of reelection (2 years for governors, mayors and presidents, 4 years for congresspeople), after finishing their terms, the politician has to go on a "Cooldown period" of 3 terms before postulating again for that political charge.
Call me Lima
Kako (Yes, she is her own person inside my head) and I are Jeff Lynne's No. 1 fans.
Italic text with mostly lower case letters = I'm joking.
Stanier is set in 2016 and it's stuck there 'till I can finish this lore.
NS stats are used, but policies aren't.
Slowly learning Italian

La Voce di Stanier, NULL NaN: Kako quote of the [INSERT DETERMINATE REFRESH PERIOD] "The floof does not discriminate, be it catto, doggo, birb, or bnnuy. All fluff was created equal"|New plan, minor worldbuilding, focus on the characters, sideline the leader. THE MEAT MUST BE IN THE BACKGROUND CHARACTERS!

The Global Occult Coaltions
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Global Occult Coaltions » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 am

Seem like a effective system

In case of the leaders death Protocol Lazarus it to go into effect which consists of making a deal with the devil to bring him back.
Does not use Nationstates Stats

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:03 am

Have fun W/that

Repeat my post on the joke code names.
lots of people died
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
Our National Anthem

-Reagan

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:19 am

Betcha call us Fallout... since you do call us like that a lot.

Before the new marriage law was passed by the Workers' Party, it was legal to marry at the age of 14 with parental consent. Moreover, a system similar to dowry existed but instead of the bride's family giving dowry to the groom, the groom was the one who needed to give the dowry to the bride's family.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 am

That's messed up. But, here it's legal to smoke weed at age 12.

Choose one fact to report on:
In our nation, 100% of the adults over 37 but below 90 served in the Fallsian Civil War. Even people with serious medical defects, and disabilities served in the war. The army was at a maximum of 800 divisions.

Every man and woman smoked weed in the war, as it calmed and focused the soldiers.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:00 pm

(My fact is a reaction to the second fact)

Recreational marijuana was only recently made legal in Exodia, and is still quite restricted, and is and always has been illegal for use by active military servicemen-despite this, many Exodian sharpshooters and scouts are notorious for their slight addiction to marijuana. Though it did calm them down and apparently “helped their aim” to almost extreme, them being able to accurately hit targets at slightly more than 3 miles away more than twice- it has the opposite effect of focus. Several seem to forget they’re in a war, clog up comm channels with pointless “deep and philosophical” chatter, and even, possibly the most dangerous, lose focus completely and start to take shots at random objects, even lining up shots at friendly soldiers and even civilians because “they thought it was a cool animal”. Thankfully, no one has been ever hit by friendly fire through this situation, most because officers convince them to focus/inject them with a syringe of adrenaline before they make any moronic moves.
Last edited by Democratic Exodian Territories on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Swindenland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Swindenland » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Why hasn't the military opened new programmes to prevent marijuana intake by its soldiers, especially since they pose a threat to public safety?

In Swindenland we don't have a single leader (head of state or government), but a collective executive presidency with 7 members and a rotating "president". This prevents power-hungry people from gaining too much power, seperates the executive and legislative branch, unlike in other parliamentary systems and allows greater flexibility.

Karamiko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Karamiko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Reminds me of Switzerland.

Antarcticans are well-known for wearing their hair long; shoulder-length is about the shortest it ever gets.
Karamiko - the land of lush pine forests, adorable king penguins, cultural diversity, humanistic religion, friendliness, kindness, baseball, unisex looks, kalanta, and more!
IC name is Antarctica ~ The year is 3021 ~ NS Stats are not used!

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Unique and interesting. I like it.

Lymonian CoS Schmidt was a volunteer soldier for the white army in the Russian civil war, the boer wars (only first year of the second, shot in hand, so he ran for CoS), and the mahdist war all of those he was hired by the British.
Last edited by Freed Lymonia on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lots of people died
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
Our National Anthem

-Reagan

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Freed Lymonia wrote:Unique and interesting. I like it.

Lymonian CoS Schmidt was a volunteer soldier for the white army in the Russian civil war, the boer wars (only first year of the second, shot in hand, so he ran for CoS), and the mahdist war.

who's side was he on in the other two, though?

Interesting enough, Pilarcraft has yet to do anything military in Earth. The Majority of Middle East's unstability has been overcome with the establishement of Greater Persian Union, and while there is a good target in North Korea, Pilarcraft's Council of Ambassadors has yet to officially declare a stance on this rogue nation. mostly because there is another threat closer to home.
Folknoren, a State Capitalist Dystopian nation that controls the majority of the Northern Europe, has had a hostile relation with us since the Cataclysm, and we fear that a war may be on our hands soon
Led by The Triumvirate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives