NATION

PASSWORD

Quotes of People in Your Nation MK VII

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Western Fardelshufflestein
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Sat May 02, 2020 7:45 pm

"I value political freedom as much as the next person, but is it really necessary for people to--"

"Fie on the royals! Death to the enemy! WERF THE FLAMMEN!"

"Well, we tried! Western Fardelshufflestein! Well, we tried! Western Fardelshufflestein!"

--Words overheard by journalists on the streets of New Hamletberg, where riots both for and against Western Fardelshufflestein have been ongoing since April 27. Translated into English from Fardelshufflesteinian.
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Sat May 02, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS
Always Has Been.

--Tiny Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of New Zealand settled by HRE emigrants who thought they had landed in the West Indies--
--F7 Stuff Largely Not Canon-- --Ignore WMD and Into Space policies-- --RP year is 2020 in real time-- --Ignore Stats-- --Still not Kenneth Branagh--

The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel  | 22 September 2020 |King Still in Serious Condition | WF Man Tries to Invade Poland| WF MP Slaps Another With Fish

A Very Important PSA | National March | King Alastair IV | Things King Alastair is Not Allowed to Do | TEARS AND CRYING (Latest Alastair Update)

Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Estainia » Sun May 03, 2020 7:50 am

"Well, there was that time we lost a dreadnought to a torpedo boat because the captain went retarded. No, it wasn't a wargame, either." - Lord High Admiral Vladimir Serafim Lagounov, speaking on the conceits of the Imperial Navy in relation to their rivals. No, they never quite lived it down.
ἡ μείζων ἀρχὴ τῆς Ἐσταινίας καὶ τῆς Ἀλισονίας
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Sildorian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sildorian Empire » Sun May 03, 2020 12:23 pm

"Observing primitive worlds is the most amusing when they're at the Atomic Age. Every time some idiot shoots down the wrong ship or says the wrong thing, you sit at the edge of your seat, going 'oh dear, is this when the nukes start flying?'. Gentlemen, I must admit I'm somewhat attached to Malachor IVb, I do hope these tensions will resolve themselves before it becomes necessary that we give everyone down there a timeout."
Galdrig cur'Vathrag, Chief Science Observer on the Malachor IVb Observation Post in a private conversation with H'rall of Naff'Digo and Yulili of Naff'Gevace, Leaders of two primitive nationstates on the aforementioned World circa 83 UE
Last edited by Sildorian Empire on Sun May 03, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sildorian Empire
Space-faring, quasi-xenophobic fanatic materialist humanoids and associates
Overview || Archon | Military | Species
Daily News: IVC Lothal enters battle with new Xadian Flagship the Dreadnought Ronthawa in Galataea. Lothal had destroyed the 3 previous Xadian flagships in battle. | Mugeya fails to crack Wrothgar Prime, forced to retreat to unknown location in Sildorian Space by the Wrothgar Fleet. IVC Pride II to be rerouted to aid in finding and potentially capturing the hostile World Cracker. | New strain of the Frontline Pox breaks out in Nodex Prime, particularly affects the Xuni thralls. Planetary government passes edict to cull Xuni population to fight the disease before it can affect Silda population.

Amiero
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Amiero » Sun May 03, 2020 12:45 pm

"Yes, we do offer a confirmed kill bonus, and I could go on at length about the details, but you've already decided to hate it, so why bother?"

- Colonel Rodrigo Bärfuss, 1er Bataillon, 1er Régiment de Cavalerie Légère, F.S.A.
“The heaviest penalty for refusing to be involved in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”

- Plato, The Republic

I play this nation across multiple tech levels and with multiple species. I am very willing to adjust on a case-by-case basis for each RP, unless you just pull me into something without having checked with me beforehand, in which case I will blast you with any madness that strikes my fancy.

Barboneia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Barboneia » Sun May 03, 2020 11:40 pm

"In the North Lands, there is no such thing as a civilian if they're not a human. Assume every North Lander you see is an enemy combatant. Sure, that woman carrying a bundle of clothing could be holding her child, or she could be concealing a rifle, or worse, a bomb. Why take the chance? If you want to be all official about them, refer to them as 'momentarily inactive insurgents'. Command prefers to keep the after action reports sanitized like that." - A Greater Barboneian Army staff sergeant speaking to a group of counter-insurgency operators under his command, 2019.

Adiya
Secretary

Founded: Sep 15, 2014

Postby Adiya » Mon May 04, 2020 9:20 pm

"Soldiers say civilians are entitled, but the moment you start asking them questions about how they do their jobs, they suddenly become dismissive kings and emperors. How dare you inquire, how dare you question, how dare you offer anything but loyalty to I, your noble guardian, you know nothing on the matter compared to me; the feudal knight and the citizen soldier are not as far apart in terms of attitude towards the men who spin the wool of their uniforms, provide the food in their rations, forge the bullets in their guns, and anyone else who is not one of them."

- Swana Horwalddotr, Sun Caste, Local Council Priest.

"In our defense, the Sun Caste give us so many fucking rules that you cannot blame us for getting i-rate. In a battle, the easier thing to do contributes a lot more to your survival than what would be 'right' in 'civilized society.' Guess which course of action we're often told to take?"

- Thorfri Iaslastson, Moon Caste.
Theocratic Republic with a religion-based caste system. Religion in question worships celestial objects.

From Magic to Post-Modernism, we have it all; consider signing up for Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Polish Underground
Civil Servant

Founded: May 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polish Underground » Mon May 04, 2020 9:28 pm

"Poland was not lost in 1795. Poland was not lost in 1922. Poland has not been lost since 1939. We are the spirit of Poland - the young, the willing, the able. God bless Poland."

- An unidentified Polish Holocaust victim's diary; discovered in 1981 in the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp
Puppet of Atheris
POLAND IS NOT YET LOST!
Year: 1961

In the mid 20th century, Hitler's armies stormed across Europe. As the last beacons against tyranny fell, those who still believed in Poland would never forget the land and history from which they came from, no matter how hard the Nazis try to erase it. What the foreign power has seized from us, we shall recapture with a sabre.
News: THE BASTARD IS DEAD! Adolf Hitler, age 72, dead
A rank 40 civilization, according to this index.
IC Name: Polish Republic/Polish Underground State

Tohorin
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 14, 2019

Postby Tohorin » Mon May 04, 2020 9:38 pm

"Thank heavens the nekojin exist, otherwise the worst-off of the kitkin would find nobody to look down on themselves."
-Governor Thoma Tamayo, supposedly
The Great Kingdom of Tohorin
"Welcome to the land of the Sun Goddess: Please be mindful of prickly plants and rattlesnakes when stepping. Now with music to set the mood."

Conceptually, more or less what I wanted Las Palmeras to be if it weren't so influenced by Modernist thought.

"Lol. Analogical thought is so primitive and savage XD"

Sildorian Empire
Envoy

Postby Sildorian Empire » Wed May 06, 2020 9:36 am

"Attention unidentified voidcraft. This is Valerin cur'Mogath, Commander of the Halcyon Starbase. You are in Halcyon, a sovereign territory of the Sildorian Empire. Be aware that a Primed Ion Cannon has been locked on you. Identify yourself and state your purpose."

"Halcyon? What happened to Alpha Centauri- What the hell is-"

"Unidentified Voidcraft, please identify yourself and state your purpose. I will not repeat myself."

"Right- this is- alright, alright. This is Captain Jonathon Welles, pilot and commanding officer of UDAS-005 The Hope, from planet Earth. The Hope is not a military craft, we are not armed. I repeat, The Hope is not armed and we are not hostiles. There is nothing but half a million frozen humans on this ship, please calm down."

"What is a... 'human'?"

Conversation between Commander Valerin cur'Mogath of the Halcyon System and Captain Jonathon Welles of UDAS-005 The Hope, also known as the First Contact between Humans and the Silda
Last edited by Sildorian Empire on Mon May 11, 2020 10:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sildorian Empire
Daily News: IVC Lothal enters battle with new Xadian Flagship the Dreadnought Ronthawa in Galataea. Lothal had destroyed the 3 previous Xadian flagships in battle. | Mugeya fails to crack Wrothgar Prime, forced to retreat to unknown location in Sildorian Space by the Wrothgar Fleet. IVC Pride II to be rerouted to aid in finding and potentially capturing the hostile World Cracker. | New strain of the Frontline Pox breaks out in Nodex Prime, particularly affects the Xuni thralls. Planetary government passes edict to cull Xuni population to fight the disease before it can affect Silda population.

Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Estainia » Wed May 06, 2020 10:01 am

"What do you mean it didn't work? It's magic, it always works."

"I mean they diluted the mixture, or swapped it out for a fake with food coloring. It didn't work because it wasn't there."

"... Fuck. Right, recall everything not made by a handmade apothecary."
- HDH Cornelius Andius, OGS, in conversation, 1980s.
ἡ μείζων ἀρχὴ τῆς Ἐσταινίας καὶ τῆς Ἀλισονίας
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fatatatutti » Wed May 06, 2020 3:30 pm

"We experienced what they call a significant loss of cabin pressure. I expect we were pinged by a micrometeor."

"Were there any injuries?"

"'Significant' only means it was detectable by instruments. There was never any danger to the crew."

"How long will Va'a Two be grounded?"

"It isn't for me to say. I'm only in charge when she's flying. The earthlings will be checking the hull for leaks...."

-- Lieutenant Joey Hunter, Flight Engineer of orbiter Va'a Two, discussing an incident with reporters

Sildorian Empire
Envoy

Postby Sildorian Empire » Fri May 08, 2020 8:15 am

"Navigator, plot a course. Communicator, contact the rest of the Star Order. We're getting out of this Kriffing bloodbath now."

"Sir, if we breach out, the battle will be lost! We qualify for none of the criteria for a sanctioned retreat. "

"Do you see what we're fighting with and against in this kriffing shithole of a System? We're fighting alongside the bloody Aruz to protect a bunch of other Aruz on their posh Gaia Worlds down there. We're fighting a literal devouring swarm. Do you want to be eaten alive, alongside everyone else on this fuckzone, just so a bunch of Aruz who called you literal beast not even a Rotation ago can live to continue calling you that? Fuck this, I don't. Plot the course."

Conversation between Vireok Rubyclaw, High Admiral of the 3rd Star Order to Meli Manokk, Navigator of IVC Crystalwing, Flagship of the aforementioned. The 3rd Star Order, mostly manned by the Avarians, abandoned the Bol'gann System and retreated to the Hermonz System, resulting in the death of 14.3 billion Aruz on the 3 worlds populated by the Aruz in Bol'gann. The Swarm was defeated in Hermonz 19 local rotations later by the Star Order. Circa 60 UE
Last edited by Sildorian Empire on Sun May 24, 2020 3:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sildorian Empire

White Sun
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby White Sun » Tue May 12, 2020 7:58 am

"Yes, my great-great-grandfather did indeed lose. Which is why after the Summer Rebellion he simply had the Seobjeong and his entire family executed. So that We would not lose again. After all, might makes right, no?" - Akiko, regaling a courtier with her view on the Sunese Civil War.
Last edited by White Sun on Tue May 12, 2020 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The White Sun Empire
"智徳俊英"
Kiyonai Chronicler
First Fleet Week since before the Proteus Event to take place on schedule | The Week in Pictures

Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Auzkhia » Tue May 12, 2020 8:25 am

"Magic and technology certainly make the army march, right after the grub."
-Colonel Feuerbach, Common Army, infantry regiment.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Las Palmeras » Tue May 12, 2020 10:04 pm

"Young lady, why are only wearing a tank top and short shorts in the Holy Land?

It's hot.

Pardon?

It's meant for hot weather."

Walter Fox, CBS reporter and Alva Núñez-Nari, of the 6th IL during the Lebanon and Transjordanian Emergency (May, 21 of 1976)

"[CONFIDENTIAL]The Indigenous Light Infantry Spotters wear very minimal uniforms, the heaviest portion actually being the Individual Carrying Equipment pack. Like their ancestors, they cross many rivers so pants are a liability. They use clay and soot, whenever possible, like sunscreen in their home. Psychologically tormenting Arab Muslims with short shorts wasn't an intended goal in the wider defense of Lebanon, a key Union partner. Even if, apparently, it has had several positive results in situations related to crowd control.

[PUBLIC]The Mediterranean Union's expeditionary force is aware of the unique demographics of the Palmeran Isle and the necessity for women to fulfill roles in their society. As a founding member of the Union, the Palmeran Isle had to show its resolve. So compromise was reached: non-front line occupational and rear-echelon roles."

-Memorandum from Mediterranean Union's Military Command PR Office
El Estado de Las Palmeras
Hello human visitors! Look at the pretty kitties and forget all about our horrifying past as imperialist enforcers!
Overview
/World Overview/IC Flag/Armed Forces/Meet the local populace!/WE ARE A PEACEKEEPING FORCE
French 3rd Republic x Plan E

Eclius
Minister

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eclius » Tue May 12, 2020 10:31 pm

"the first law of political lobbying: always appeal to someone's personal interest instead of "national interest" or how it benefits their political party. Frankly, politicians fight for seats in the senate, not for the future of Eclius and its citizens, but rather...for their own gain." -Aurelia Flavina, also known as the "Iron Blooded Lobbyist", is a top-tier Eclisian political lobbyist famous for her efforts which prevented the passing of Digital Security Act.
We do NOT use NS stats since it's not the most accurate reflection
Eclisian Herald News Network
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Auzkhia » Wed May 13, 2020 8:05 am

"You seem a lot happier, if I may ask, was it spell 63?"
-Jana Mária Erdély, talking to an old friend she hasn't seen in ages.
Last edited by Auzkhia on Wed May 13, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Solarampa
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Solarampa » Wed May 13, 2020 8:09 am

"Cheese-Baskets for all! Tourism is the best thing to happen to all of Solarampa!"
- Minister of Tourism and Cheesemongering David Copendaden

Republica Federal de Catalunya
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Thu May 14, 2020 4:43 pm

"The aim of the war effort is to gain the legitimacy. Our most target important. Is that civilian authorities maintain it's legitimacy, then goes gain the support of the population, followed by the control of territory, rather than the destruction of the rebel forces, is the ultimate goal. Not, the first priority.

Most of the population will be neutral in the conflict; unless they are forced to choose side. The support of the people can be obtained with the help of an active friendly minority.
We must provide the people benefits that keep them supporting us. Giving benefits such infraestructure recontruction, improved schoolarship, healthcare, private property protection, like, land property will deprive support for rebelion.
We must support the Government in reducing the grievances that feed the rebellion.

On the other hand people tend to indentifty themselves with "David" fighting "Goliath".

The 80% of the war will be won outside the battlefield.
Also the use of information has to help us in the goal to victory. Like issue ID cards, border control, people movement control, road controls, use of informants and double agents, propaganda, leaflets, etc.

Support of the population may be lost.. The population must be efficiently protected to allow it to cooperate without fear of retribution by the opposite party. Reprisals and indiscriminate brutality and punishment against suspected rebels ought to be avoided. As it would alienate locals. The same applies to the use of indiscriminate firepower inside civilian inhabited areas.

Order enforcement should be done progressively by removing by force and driving away armed opponents, the goal will be gaining support of the population, while surgically cleaning rebel support left behind, and eventually strengthening positions by building infrastructure and setting long-term relationships with the population. This must be done area by area, using a pacified territory as a basis of operation to expand the Government control to a neighboring area."

"So, A Victory is not simply the destruction in a given area of the insurgent's forces and his political organization. ... A victory is that plus the permanent isolation of the insurgents from the population, isolation cannot be enforced upon the population, but maintained by and with the population. ... In conventional warfare, strength is assessed according to military or other tangible criteria, such as the number of divisions, casualties inflicted and own casualties, the position they hold, the industrial resources, etc. In revolutionary warfare, strength must be assessed by the extent of support from the population as measured in terms restauration of the legitimate political organization at the grass roots. The counterinsurgent reaches a position of strength when his power is embedded in a political organization issuing from, and firmly supported by, the population."

"So, forget what said before. Our forces have to be proactive. You must keep them constantly under pressure, hidden or running for cover to avoiding them going into the offensive. Disrupting their support infrastructure is as important that defeating them on the ground.
0. Recce is vital. Inteligence work, force defections, recce units able of act like the insurgence does, moving inside rebel controlled territory. To track and locate rebels counting in air drops and aerial infiltration in exfiltration or light vehicles.
1. first identify and strafe any insurgent force or camp found in the open without mercy.
2. Using mobile forces with enough firepower and speed Concentrate and destroy local insurgent forces in an area. Move the necessary mobile forces to the area to expel or encircle the main body of armed insurgents. Move enough troops to make a courdon to encircle the insurgents.
3. Detach to the area sufficient troops and police to oppose an insurgent's comeback in strength, install these troops in the hamlets, villages, and towns where the population lives. Stablish self-defense units to protect population.
4. Stablish fire support bases to provide fire support for friendly forces. Those bases will be also used offensively when moving to clean another area.
5. Protect the restauration of basic infraestructure. Like roads, schools, healthcare, telephone lines, etc.
Establish contact with the population, control it"s movements in order to cut off its links with the guerrillas.
6. Destroy the local insurgent political and support organization, logistics, communications, cut the arrivals new recruits, money, supplies, etc.
7. Set up, new provisional local authorities.
8. Test those authorities by assigning them various concrete tasks. Check loyalties. Replace the softs and the incompetents, give full support to the active, competent and loyal leaders.
9. Group and educate the leaders in a national political movement.
10. Winning. Suppress the last insurgent organised remnants."

General Josep Guarner in a conference to French officers in Argelia during the Algerian war.
Last edited by Republica Federal de Catalunya on Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sildorian Empire
Envoy

Postby Sildorian Empire » Sat May 16, 2020 9:56 am

"You are diplomats like us. You know better than anyone else that if we allow the soldiers to batter each other down until someone croaks, both our nations will be drenched in civilian blood before talks of peace can even begin. The longer this war drags out and the more your World-Cracker fires its beams, the more brutal the final ending of this war will be, and you know, deep in your heart, that its fall is inevitable. It doesn't matter how many planets it blows up. Eventually, it will be captured or destroyed. Isn't it wise to put and end to this war now, before that inevitability arrives? Our terms are simple. Leave what we currently to us, and we'll evacuate all else. You know this is the best offer you are going to get. Isn't it smarter to accept it now that its on the holotable?"
Sagu cur'Tibb, High-ranking member of the Negotiators' Guild to Gulphar Bass'k, High-ranking Xadian Diplomat circa 87 UE. The Xadians did not accept the offered terms
Last edited by Sildorian Empire on Sat May 16, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sildorian Empire

The Imperial Parliament
Lobbyist

Founded: May 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Parliament » Sat May 16, 2020 10:42 am

"I am not keen on ruling this country. All great things come to an end, and I will not rule over it's tombstone."

~King Charles III before his abdication in 2008.
NationStates Stats Are Illegal
~Imperial-Federation-of-Nations~

What if the Technocracy movement succeeded?

Social Democrat
Economic Axis: Centrist
47.4% Equality vs. 52.6% Markets
Diplomatic Axis: Internationalist
11.8% Nation vs. 82.2% World
Civil Axis: Liberal
68.3% Liberty vs. 31.7% Authority
Societal Axis: Very Progressive
11.7% Tradition vs. 82.3% Progress

It is not a parody/representation of any real world government, just something I made up for fun.

Eclius
Minister

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eclius » Sat May 16, 2020 12:35 pm

"...as the Chief Minister of Eclius and the leader of Nationalists Party, it is, and always has been our top priority to make Eclius a better and safer place for all Eclisians, and this is why we proposed Bill R-30. Our goal was to protect Eclisians from malignant foreign hackers and content owners from digital pirates alike. It is utmostly unfortunate that many do not share our values, which lead to the defeat of our proposal. It is NOT, and never will be our intention to infringe the fundamental rights and liberties guaranteed to Eclisians, and we wish to offer sincere apologies to those who misunderstood our intent. Though, we have heard the voices of the people, it is against the people's will to let this bill pass, and we are here to respect people's wishes. Last night, I have decided to step down as the chief minister of Eclius and the leader of nationalists party, it was my utmost honor and a privilege to serve the senate and people of Eclius. Thank you"

-Lucius Livius Catianus, former Chief Minister of Eclius; two weeks after his resignation, the old nationalist party divided into the current nationalist party of Eclius and Conservative Front as two separate political parties.
We do NOT use NS stats since it's not the most accurate reflection
Eclisian Herald News Network
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Barboneia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Barboneia » Mon May 18, 2020 2:58 pm

"I often hear people state that one Barboneian soldier is worth at least ten North Lander militiamen. I agree. But the question, I propose, is what do you do when the eleventh one comes?" - Benjamin Penttilä, musing.

Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Auzkhia » Tue May 19, 2020 9:35 pm

"That's a sharp outfit, Carl. Careful, you could puncture the hull of a Kaiser-class aircraft carrier, leaving thousands to drown at sea. Because... it's so sharp."
-Andreas Elisabeth Archduchess von Habsburg
Last edited by Auzkhia on Tue May 19, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mobius and the Biscay
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 07, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Mobius and the Biscay » Wed May 20, 2020 11:46 am

"Today we hail the introduction of true democracy in our nation after two decades of authoritarianism."
- The Most Honourable Geoffrey St. John in 1997
"The Knothole Accords was the legal birth of Mobius, the Lavender Revolution was the spiritual birth of Mobius." - Angela Berngau, PDP MC from Valio

Ignore NS Stats, this nation uses factbooks.

K thanks bai! - Brandon

Crowned republic, or semi-constitutional monarchy? You decide.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7