NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v3]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wentera
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wentera » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Danceria wrote:
Wentera wrote:
Ferros eyes widened but then he acted calm again.

"Hello there! I am happy to report your metal has confounded me!" he laughs. "You can have it back. I'm at my wire's end!"

Ferro beat against the table in laughter. “It was literally that confusing?”
Wentera is a [1.1] civilization, according to this index.

Generation 44, the first time you see this copy and paste it into your signature and add 1 to the generation.

Wenteran News Relay: [PLEASE WAIT FOR NEWS TO LOAD]

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 pm

Wentera wrote:
Danceria wrote:"Hello there! I am happy to report your metal has confounded me!" he laughs. "You can have it back. I'm at my wire's end!"

"It's as if this damnedable chunk is possessed by a trickster spirit...it doesn't stay consistent!" the red robed man would let out a defeated groan.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Wentera
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wentera » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:27 am

Danceria wrote:
Wentera wrote:

"It's as if this damnedable chunk is possessed by a trickster spirit...it doesn't stay consistent!" the red robed man would let out a defeated groan.

Ferro was grinning at him. “Here, take this ring, it will enhance your mental capabilities to start to understand it!” He then pulled out a silver ring and put it on the table.

Generation 44, the first time you see this copy and paste it into your signature and add 1 to the generation.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

Wentera wrote:
Danceria wrote:"It's as if this damnedable chunk is possessed by a trickster spirit...it doesn't stay consistent!" the red robed man would let out a defeated groan.

Ferro was grinning at him. “Here, take this ring, it will enhance your mental capabilities to start to understand it!” He then pulled out a silver ring and put it on the table.

"It's not my mental capacity that's the issue...it's the damn thing has a mind of it's own!" he picks up the ring and inspects it. "But if this ring lets me hold it still long enough for me to adequately study it, without due side effects, of course."
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Wentera
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wentera » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:56 am

Danceria wrote:
Wentera wrote:

"It's not my mental capacity that's the issue...it's the damn thing has a mind of it's own!" he picks up the ring and inspects it. "But if this ring lets me hold it still long enough for me to adequately study it, without due side effects, of course."

“That’s what it would do! And besides, if you thought that was a challenge then some of the metals I have created would be a nightmare for you.” Ferro said

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:02 am

Wentera wrote:
Danceria wrote:"It's not my mental capacity that's the issue...it's the damn thing has a mind of it's own!" he picks up the ring and inspects it. "But if this ring lets me hold it still long enough for me to adequately study it, without due side effects, of course."

“That’s what it would do! And besides, if you thought that was a challenge then some of the metals I have created would be a nightmare for you.” Ferro said

He slipped on the ring, and hoped for the best.
Obligatory Quotes below

Wentera
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wentera » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:05 am

Danceria wrote:
Wentera wrote:

He slipped on the ring, and hoped for the best.

“It isn’t going to do anything until you start studying metal. You’ll find that your mind will move faster.” Ferro said.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:12 am

Wentera wrote:
Danceria wrote:He slipped on the ring, and hoped for the best.

“It isn’t going to do anything until you start studying metal. You’ll find that your mind will move faster.” Ferro said.

He then picked up the metal object again and studied it.
Obligatory Quotes below

Low bloods
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:00 am

"And another day begins my friends."
(Dead and living)Leader profiles
If you can see us...
Something must surely be wrong.

[Factbook is always rework in progress]
We dont use NS stats here.
Am I too active on some threads, probably, sorrynotsorry!
I made this for newcomers to F7. A post I made
Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Danceria wrote:
Wentera wrote:

Marty: "I didn't do anything, if that's what you're implying."

Low bloods wrote:"And another day begins my friends."

Marty: "How fast they go by."
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Fox Shogunate wrote:"Ohh, an "automaton"? We mostly have called them as robots, and our armies have always consisted from only Evolved animals, no robots, or ferals. Also, why do they made their entire army out of automatons? Are they too lazy to fight themselves?"

Marty: "I guess 'robot' just isn't a word yet where I come from. Language changes. And I'm not really sure why the Empire is automating their entire army, but I don't think it's laziness. I think it's more to do with some idea of ruthless efficiency. They swept into Serbia and through Belgrade with it not that long ago. There hasn't been much reliable news about what happened there, but apparently the entire city is empty and silent now.
Most of these automatons and machines were originally invented by members of the Artificers' Guild. It's an organization of, well, artificers and inventors with a history going back several centuries. They have influence in most of the world, but they consider themselves neutral with regards to the affairs of nations. One of their main rules is that their members must not build machines for war, something that many of their Austro-Hungarian members have been quite blatantly violating with their metal soldiers."
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Fox Shogunate
Secretary

Founded: Mar 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fox Shogunate » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Fox Shogunate wrote:"Ohh, an "automaton"? We mostly have called them as robots, and our armies have always consisted from only Evolved animals, no robots, or ferals. Also, why do they made their entire army out of automatons? Are they too lazy to fight themselves?"

Marty: "I guess 'robot' just isn't a word yet where I come from. Language changes. And I'm not really sure why the Empire is automating their entire army, but I don't think it's laziness. I think it's more to do with some idea of ruthless efficiency. They swept into Serbia and through Belgrade with it not that long ago. There hasn't been much reliable news about what happened there, but apparently the entire city is empty and silent now.
Most of these automatons and machines were originally invented by members of the Artificers' Guild. It's an organization of, well, artificers and inventors with a history going back several centuries. They have influence in most of the world, but they consider themselves neutral with regards to the affairs of nations. One of their main rules is that their members must not build machines for war, something that many of their Austro-Hungarian members have been quite blatantly violating with their metal soldiers."

"Ohh, I see. In our first World War, no side was really advanced to make their entire army from robots, or as you call themselves- "automatons". Blood of millions was still spilled in the battlefield, and battles happened even as far as Antarctica- those were rather skirmishes, though. I mean, at the second phase of war, our ancestors invented tanks, but that's an another story... Anyways, have you noticed any difference between yours, and our universe?"
☎ The News ☎
- Bakufu
Nyūsu
⛩ Kitsune Bakufu Kyōwakoku ⛩
| ☐ Home ☐| ♜ History ♜ | ★ Parties ★ |☀ Overview ☀|⚔ Military ⚔|✾ Anthem ✾|
In a nutshell: A republic, where consoles have been overtaken by PC gaming, and which is a mix of Shōwa, Edo, and Heisei Japan, along with Republic of Ezo, and is ruled by anthro foxes. Social democracy with despotic characteristics

Shoehorning republicanism where it doesn't make sense is my hobby, sorry

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Great job being both radical and moderate at the same time.

Flag credit to Brusseldorf: Here

New OOC

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Fox Shogunate wrote:
S i t k a wrote:Marty: "I guess 'robot' just isn't a word yet where I come from. Language changes. And I'm not really sure why the Empire is automating their entire army, but I don't think it's laziness. I think it's more to do with some idea of ruthless efficiency. They swept into Serbia and through Belgrade with it not that long ago. There hasn't been much reliable news about what happened there, but apparently the entire city is empty and silent now.

"Ohh, I see. In our first World War, no side was really advanced to make their entire army from robots, or as you call themselves- "automatons". Blood of millions was still spilled in the battlefield, and battles happened even as far as Antarctica- those were rather skirmishes, though. I mean, at the second phase of war, our ancestors invented tanks, but that's an another story... Anyways, have you noticed any difference between yours, and our universe?"

Marty nodded. "Quite a few, even when you ignore the obvious species difference. I can't say whether it will be as different when we reach the same year as you, though. Maybe the twentieth century will be similar to yours, maybe it will be a near-opposite.
And I really hope that we aren't getting World War One a few decades early. Paris has only just recovered from the Franco-Prussian War last year..."

Fox Shogunate
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Fox Shogunate » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:31 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Fox Shogunate wrote:"Ohh, I see. In our first World War, no side was really advanced to make their entire army from robots, or as you call themselves- "automatons". Blood of millions was still spilled in the battlefield, and battles happened even as far as Antarctica- those were rather skirmishes, though. I mean, at the second phase of war, our ancestors invented tanks, but that's an another story... Anyways, have you noticed any difference between yours, and our universe?"

Marty nodded. "Quite a few, even when you ignore the obvious species difference. I can't say whether it will be as different when we reach the same year as you, though. Maybe the twentieth century will be similar to yours, maybe it will be a near-opposite.
And I really hope that we aren't getting World War One a few decades early. Paris has only just recovered from the Franco-Prussian War last year..."

"Well, for us, WW1 started at 1914, and ended in 1918, with the victory of Entente. However, only 19 years later, a second world war broke out, and Germany lost it too, just like previously. Our history is quite different from yours. And, talking about species, how do you like foxes, or as we call them- Kitsunes, in our universe?"
☎ The News ☎
- Bakufu
Nyūsu
In a nutshell: A republic, where consoles have been overtaken by PC gaming, and which is a mix of Shōwa, Edo, and Heisei Japan, along with Republic of Ezo, and is ruled by anthro foxes. Social democracy with despotic characteristics

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Great job being both radical and moderate at the same time.

New OOC

Aterria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aterria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:31 pm

"Alsace Lorraine is French land, I've been told", an officer remarks. "Though there are an awful lot of germanics there."
A large mixed tech / retro empire set in an Earth-like world
Currently undergoing heavy civil unrest
**Based on the old game "battlenations" (now dead), Valkyria Chronicles, Code Geass (Holy Britannian Empire), and lots of other things

IMPERIAL BROADCASTING CENTER No real news as of today

Wentera
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wentera » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Danceria wrote:
Wentera wrote:

He then picked up the metal object again and studied it.

He could feel waves of energy coming from the metal.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Fox Shogunate wrote:
S i t k a wrote:Marty nodded. "Quite a few, even when you ignore the obvious species difference. I can't say whether it will be as different when we reach the same year as you, though. Maybe the twentieth century will be similar to yours, maybe it will be a near-opposite.

"Well, for us, WW1 started at 1914, and ended in 1918, with the victory of Entente. However, only 19 years later, a second world war broke out, and Germany lost it too, just like previously. Our history is quite different from yours. And, talking about species, how do you like foxes, or as we call them- Kitsunes, in our universe?"

He shrugged. "I think you guys are pretty neat, but I try not to judge people based on species alone."

Low bloods
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:09 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Danceria wrote:"It's as if this damnedable chunk is possessed by a trickster spirit...it doesn't stay consistent!" the red robed man would let out a defeated groan.

Marty: "I didn't do anything, if that's what you're implying."

Low bloods wrote:"And another day begins my friends."

Marty: "How fast they go by."

"Oh, and fast is the right word, when time isn't being passive aggressive."
(Dead and living)Leader profiles
If you can see us...
Something must surely be wrong.

[Factbook is always rework in progress]
We dont use NS stats here.
Am I too active on some threads, probably, sorrynotsorry!
I made this for newcomers to F7. A post I made
Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Fox Shogunate
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Fox Shogunate » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:12 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Fox Shogunate wrote:"Well, for us, WW1 started at 1914, and ended in 1918, with the victory of Entente. However, only 19 years later, a second world war broke out, and Germany lost it too, just like previously. Our history is quite different from yours. And, talking about species, how do you like foxes, or as we call them- Kitsunes, in our universe?"

He shrugged. "I think you guys are pretty neat, but I try not to judge people based on species alone."

"That's what I think too. Also, penguin nation in Antarctica is quite nice, but it can get quite cold sometimes...

Anyways, I am just a Shogun's cook. Kitagaki wanted to see you too, but he had problems with his movement speed, so he just wanted to give you a warm greeting. Also, Okada is your specie cousin, isn't he? However, I think, that you two don't get along that much..."
Last edited by Fox Shogunate on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☎ The News ☎
- Bakufu
Nyūsu

New OOC

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Fox Shogunate wrote:
S i t k a wrote:He shrugged. "I think you guys are pretty neat, but I try not to judge people based on species alone."

"That's what I think too. Also, penguin nation in Antarctica id wuite nice, but it can get quite cold sometimes...

Anyways, I am just a Shogun's cook. Kitagaki wanted to see you too, but he had problems with his movement speed, so he just wanted to give you a warm greeting. Also, Okada is your specie cousin, isn't he? However, I think, that you two don't get along that much..."

Marty: "I guess you could call him my 'cousin', but if we're from different universes I doubt there's any actual connection. Either way, you're right, I'm not a fan of him. I doubt he's a fan of me, either, but he probably has other things to think about than some random kid in Alaska."

Fox Shogunate
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Fox Shogunate » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Fox Shogunate wrote:
"That's what I think too. Also, penguin nation in Antarctica id wuite nice, but it can get quite cold sometimes...

Marty: "I guess you could call him my 'cousin', but if we're from different universes I doubt there's any actual connection. Either way, you're right, I'm not a fan of him. I doubt he's a fan of me, either, but he probably has other things to think about than some random kid in Alaska."

"Yeah, he currently is on a trip to Hokkaido, and is enjoying the winter there. He also has thrown few snowballs around too, just like in his childhood.

Ikari's Society, on the other hand, has enacted some... Drastical policies. Also, Oshima has been starting to become more and more hostile against criminals. Her brother Kawy is quite okay, though- he's a nice friend to talk with. They seem to be good sibs, right?"
☎ The News ☎
- Bakufu
Nyūsu

New OOC

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Aterria wrote:"Alsace Lorraine is French land, I've been told", an officer remarks. "Though there are an awful lot of germanics there."

"Blame Bismark, and the Franco-Prussian war." a Green eyed man snarled.
Obligatory Quotes below

Aterria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aterria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Danceria wrote:
Aterria wrote:"Alsace Lorraine is French land, I've been told", an officer remarks. "Though there are an awful lot of germanics there."

"Blame Bismark, and the Franco-Prussian war." a Green eyed man snarled.

"As I've heard. Europans always seem keen on fighting over small stretches of land for petty purposes, from what I've seen", the officer grunts.
**Based on the old game "battlenations" (now dead), Valkyria Chronicles, Code Geass (Holy Britannian Empire), and lots of other things

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Aterria wrote:
Danceria wrote:"Blame Bismark, and the Franco-Prussian war." a Green eyed man snarled.

"As I've heard. Europans always seem keen on fighting over small stretches of land for petty purposes, from what I've seen", the officer grunts.

"You call one of the richest deposits of coal and steel on continental Europe a "petty purpose"?" the man would retort "The nationalistic rhetoric was an afterthought at best, a ribbon to tie a casus belli together at worst."
Obligatory Quotes below

Aterria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aterria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Danceria wrote:
Aterria wrote:"As I've heard. Europans always seem keen on fighting over small stretches of land for petty purposes, from what I've seen", the officer grunts.

"You call one of the richest deposits of coal and steel on continental Europe a "petty purpose"?" the man would retort "The nationalistic rhetoric was an afterthought at best, a ribbon to tie a casus belli together at worst."

"I prefer resources on less contested continents", the officer shrugs. "I've never quite been an expert on politics in general, as the whole matter somewhat eludes me."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives