NATION

PASSWORD

Lets Create A Country's History!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hypothetical Jenniferian Civil War: Who would you support? (Choose 2)

RESTORE THE DELEGATES! (delegates of the 18th sun)
10%
VIOLAT WITT USEN! (Radical Purplists)
13%
BORDELLANSSE, LIBRE, SOLIDARILLAT! Also guillotine everything! (Bordeline Nationalist Republicans)
26%
WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK! (Merchants return)
26%
FOR JENNIFERIA! (Gaspoleo Bonne)
6%
Can we just have Alexi I back? No, because I have to make all of these options seem semi-evil to make your decision harder.
19%

Total votes : 151

Caasd
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:07 am

1820: The McMacDonald company, now renamed the Gated Eel company, becomes the largest weapons manufacturer in the region, and continues to make inroads into new areas of business, and starts to be able to influence the government. Their only real competitor is a Helaxic company, SDP limited, who seem to be modelling themselves on the Gated Eel company.

142 AFZ: The trading post is opened, giving the Zoltonlanders a chance to sell their produce and items to the wider world. However, some Zoltanlanders grow suspicious that the empire is keeping something from them.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:42 am

147 AFZ: Hubert Tozar discovers the secret of the "burning ships". With the new steam technology, he begins developing marvelous machines. He keeps it a secret so as not to offend the Nairefinnejians.
151 AFZ: Hubert reveals his discoveries. The Nairefinnejians demand that Zoltonland cease production. Zoltonland refuses.
152 AFZ: A group of Portonians board and sink many of the steam ships. In retaliation, the Nairefinnejians attack Portonia, and war breaks out. Hubert invents various new weapons to aid in the conflict.

OOC: Nairefinnejia may be more technologically advanced, but there are many more Zoltonlandians who are prepared to fight. So this war isn't just "Zoltonland is wiped off the face of the Earth."
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:26 pm

January 1826: Valerian Sarr's Commonwealth Party wins the Frontier Republic elections of 1826. Sarr declares that "The Frontier Republic is over, long live the Frontier Commonwealth!" Two days later, the Frontier military under Alexi Land Notloz declares war on the "sarrist traitors". The delegates of the 18th sun fear that the Gated Eel corporation will be threatened by this ideology and decide to eliminate it as soon as possible.
February 1826: The Frontier military drives rioting workers out of the capital, New Maxville, as well as the most of the coast, including the cities of New Violetia City and Portalexi. Military troops are, however, trapped in the western city of Fort Ralsti, surrounded by pro-Commonwealth militias. Commonwealth forces have taken most of the country's interior including the cities of Arandoval, New Aeri, New Valeria City, and Centran.
March 1826: Jenniferian airships begin dropping reinforcements into Fort Ralsti and the situation in the city soon becomes a stalemate. Most strategists recommend evacuating the city by airship but loyalist high command refuses, believing that the Commonwealth forces are just a disorganized mob.
April 1826: Commonwealth forces attack Portalexi but are pushed back and have to regroup. Notloz decides to take the initiative and marches on Centran.
May 1826: Notloz takes Centran but has to retreat due to running out of supplies (Commonwealth militias had burned and salted their own fields in order to stop them) and Commonwealth guerilla attacks. Meanwhile, the idea among pro-military commanders that the rebels were just a disorganized mob are proven wrong when the rebels begin using anti-air cannons. The cannons can't shoot down airships down at cruise altitude, in fact at this tech level there is nothing that can do that other than other airships at close range, but they can shoot them as they descend for landing.

OOC clarification: Jenniferia is still under the Revolutionary Republic of the New Sun. The RRNS is a democracy on the surface, but in reality there are many dictators or people who try to be dictators, and corruption is rampant.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

D I R E C T R U L E F R O M T I B B L E S

RIP Agentugly/Fred Flea, unjustly deleted
Founder, Defender, Flea

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm

1826, June: Albert Desarl, head of Gated Eel, meets with Renare Remarl, head of SDP. Whilst shaking hands with Remarl, Desarl notices a discreet pattern on his tie - the number 18, surrounded by a circle - the mark of the Saviors of the Delegate Philosophy, the group that broke away from the 18th sun after the schism. The ongoing instability in the region suddenly takes on a whole new light.

152 AFZ, continued: In a major success for the Zoltonlandians, they manage to sink the flagship of the Nairefinnejians, the Alhexia.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:33 pm

153 AFZ: Nairefinnej ships bombard Portonia and the coast of Zoltonland. The Zoltonlanders succeed in sinking several ships using mines, but Nairefinnej soldiers surround Zolton City anyways and prepare to attack the city. They offer Zoltonland an ultimatum first, though:
1. Zoltonland pays a huge amount of money as reparations.
2. Nairefinnej gains 1-3rd of Zoltonland's territory as a colony.
However, this land is mostly useless desert.
3. Nairefinnej rents the city of Pontis as a military base and trading port until NFC 2650, or AFZ 286.
Do the Zoltonlanders accept the ultimatum?

July 1826: SDP Corp. begins sending paramilitary "merchant security" forces to aid Commonwealthist forces in the Frontier. The delegates of the 18th sun respond by using their power inside the government to send even more troops to aid the Frontier Republic. Fort Ralsti weakens due to airships carrying supplies all being shot down.
October 1826: Commonwealthist forces attack Fort Ralsti and Republic forces are killed to the last man, but with very high Commonwealth casualties as well.
November 1826: Commonwealthist forces attack Portalexi. The Republic defenders are attacked from behind by protesters and rioters and are forced to retreat from the city.
December 1826: Jenniferian forces attack Portalexi and retake the city, though with very heavy losses. Public opinion in Jenniferia begins to sqing towards opposing the war, but the next election isn't until June 1828. And if everything goes wrong the delegates can always just rig said elections...
Last edited by Unnamedland on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

Founder, Defender, Flea

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 am

OOC: Zolton City is in the desert. It doesn't have a port. So, I'm assuming they bombed Portonia instead.

While Zoltonland is "considering" accepting, Zoltonlandian soldiers board the Nairefinnejian ships and sink all but one of them. Zoltonland than refuses the ultimatum, and the war continues.

154 AFZ: The last Nairefinnejian ship is sunk. The ocean war is over, and it is now just a land war.
Hi!
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Equestria and Griffon
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Equestria and Griffon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:37 am

June 1827: A large rebellion happens in Jenniferia,causing a great war that involves almost every nation on the planet.
I'm a living shitpost.

PONIES UNITE!!!

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:59 am

Yatzatz wrote:OOC: Zolton City is in the desert. It doesn't have a port. So, I'm assuming they bombed Portonia instead.

While Zoltonland is "considering" accepting, Zoltonlandian soldiers board the Nairefinnejian ships and sink all but one of them. Zoltonland than refuses the ultimatum, and the war continues.

154 AFZ: The last Nairefinnejian ship is sunk. The ocean war is over, and it is now just a land war.

155 AFZ: It turned out that the Nairefinnej ships that Zoltonland defeated were only 1/3rd of the Nairefinnej fleet and the rest is now attacking. Some of the new ships have been covered with iron armor, making them almost impenetrable. They also have new security measures and will shoot any ships that approach them due to the risk of them being Zoltonlanders trying to sabotage the sips. Nairefinnejian troops land and march towards Zolton City...
Last edited by Unnamedland on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:02 am

Equestria and Griffon wrote:June 1827: A large rebellion happens in Jenniferia,causing a great war that involves almost every nation on the planet.

What kind of rebellion? What nations support the rebellion and what nations oppose it? You can't just create a huge world war without explaining the backstory.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 am

Still 155 AFZ: Hubert Tozar reappears, having apparently invented a huge bomb that annhilates many of the Nairefinnejian troops, not leaving enough to take Zoltan City, while a second one sinks 2/3 of the remaining ships. He tells the Nairefinnejians "You will win battles, but never the war."
Last edited by Yatzatz on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi!

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:07 am

Yatzatz wrote:Still155 AFZ: Hubert Tozar reappears, having apparently invented a huge bomb that annhilates most of the Nairefinnejian troops, while a second one sinks 7/8 of the remaining ships. He tells the Nairefinnejians "You will win battles, but never the war."

OOC: that is overpowered.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:10 am

Unnamedland wrote:
Yatzatz wrote:Still155 AFZ: Hubert Tozar reappears, having apparently invented a huge bomb that annhilates most of the Nairefinnejian troops, while a second one sinks 7/8 of the remaining ships. He tells the Nairefinnejians "You will win battles, but never the war."

OOC: that is overpowered.

OOC: Edited.
Hi!

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 am

Yatzatz wrote:Still 155 AFZ: Hubert Tozar reappears, having apparently invented a huge bomb that annhilates many of the Nairefinnejian troops, not leaving enough to take Zoltan City, while a second one sinks 2/3 of the remaining ships. He tells the Nairefinnejians "You will win battles, but never the war."

OOC: I think this Jenniferia timeline and fascinating, and truth be told I'm finding putting in this Zoltonland thing in to be very confusing. Let's just stick with the original country?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unnamedland wrote:
July 1826: SDP Corp. begins sending paramilitary "merchant security" forces to aid Commonwealthist forces in the Frontier. The delegates of the 18th sun respond by using their power inside the government to send even more troops to aid the Frontier Republic. Fort Ralsti weakens due to airships carrying supplies all being shot down.
October 1826: Commonwealthist forces attack Fort Ralsti and Republic forces are killed to the last man, but with very high Commonwealth casualties as well.
November 1826: Commonwealthist forces attack Portalexi. The Republic defenders are attacked from behind by protesters and rioters and are forced to retreat from the city.
December 1826: Jenniferian forces attack Portalexi and retake the city, though with very heavy losses. Public opinion in Jenniferia begins to sqing towards opposing the war, but the next election isn't until June 1828. And if everything goes wrong the delegates can always just rig said elections...

1826- 1828: These years are messy and uncertain. Portalexi swap hands between the sides no less than 8 times. The tiny island of Lampadia, once a territory of the Sigil Coast, is overrun and run as the private fiefdom of a rogue Frontier general, who proclaims Lampadia as "The Everglorious New Frontier Republic of Jennifer", promptly declaring war on both sides.

The war has been claiming many thousands of lives, including the son of the mighty delegate Alexei Claxton, who decides to run on an anti-war platform in the election. With the pro-war delegates not daring to rig the vote against such a personality, Claxton wins the June 1828 election with a 69% landslide.
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:33 am

December 1828: The last Jenniferian troops withdraw from the Frontier Republic.
January 1829: Portalexi falls to Commonwealth forces for the last time.
April 1829: New Violetia City also falls to Commonwealth forces.
May 1829: A rogue delegate of the 18th sun attempts to assassinate Alexei Claxton. He fails but Claxton is seriously injured.
November 1829: New Maxville falls to the Commonwealthists. Alexi Land Notloz flees by ship but is captured by the tiny navy of The Everglorious New Frontier Republic of Jennifer.
July 1830: The Frontier Commonwealth invades the Everglorious Republic. They are defeated within a month. The rogue general decides to have the honor of executing Notloz before the rogue general himself is killed in the last stand of the Everglorious Republic. This was the true end of the Jenniferian Civil War. (The status of Lampadia would later become a contentious issue between the Sigil Coast and the Frontier Commonwealth.)

OOC: I actually prefer the Jenniferia timeline to the Zoltonland timeline but there are too many new posters who post on Zoltonland because they don't want to read through the long and complicated history of Jenniferia. We decided to use both timelines as a compromise.
You might have noticed that Alexi is a very popular name among the Jenniferian upper class,mostly due to not just one, but several popular and benevolent kings being named Alexi back in the days when Jenniferia was a kingdom. They also have a tradition of getting assassinated a lot though. :p
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Oerstland
Secretary

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oerstland » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:54 am

Unnamedland wrote:
May 1829: A rogue delegate of the 18th sun attempts to assassinate Alexei Claxton. He fails but Claxton is seriously injured.
November 1829: New Maxville falls to the Commonwealthists. Alexi Land Notloz flees by ship but is captured by the tiny navy of The Everglorious New Frontier Republic of Jennifer.
July 1830: The Frontier Commonwealth invades the Everglorious Republic. They are defeated within a month. The rogue general decides to have the honor of executing Notloz before the rogue general himself is killed in the last stand of the Everglorious Republic. This was the true end of the Jenniferian Civil War. (The status of Lampadia would later become a contentious issue between the Sigil Coast and the Frontier Commonwealth.)

OOC: I actually prefer the Jenniferia timeline to the Zoltonland timeline but there are too many new posters who post on Zoltonland because they don't want to read through the long and complicated history of Jenniferia. We decided to use both timelines as a compromise.
You might have noticed that Alexi is a very popular name among the Jenniferian upper class,mostly due to not just one, but several popular and benevolent kings being named Alexi back in the days when Jenniferia was a kingdom. They also have a tradition of getting assassinated a lot though. :p

Honestly, the Jenniferia timeline is getting quite convoluted at this point, and I'm confused who is fighting who over what and where or even what government system Jenniferia is using, but I'll do my best to make the post not too out of order. I can correct it later anyway if it's entirely wrong.
And yes, do I ever long for the long past days of Alexi the First and the VM-Icewalker wars. Simpler times then, eh? :p

1854: Alexei Claxton, styling himself as "Alexi IX the Pacifist" to appeal to the traditions of old, continues reigning in relative peace despite multiple attempted assassinations by the 18 Delegates of the Sun. Under his reign, the industrial revolution fully kicks off, and talks of a peasant revolution stir throughout the whole nation as living conditions in the cities takes a steep dive with the massive amounts of carbon dioxide emissions polluting the air. The first engine powered vehicle not going on tracks is also developed during this time, the manufacturer taking up the name "Claxton" after the ruler.
Kingdom of Oerstland (Kungadömet Östland)
Swedish 90's kid, brony, pro-social democracy. Patriotic, if making a nation on NS inspired by Sweden counts as that.
I do not neccessarily agree with everything Oerstland stands for. Just a large part of it.
I really don't engage in the WA alot, other than the joke proposals thread. Still, if you feel the need to call out my WA gal for some reason, his name would be Linus Steinstedt.

DO NOT USE NS STATS - THEY ARE MORE USELESS THAN A PENCIL IN A DESERT
My other currently active nation is Starwind, and links to Oerstland's IIwiki pages will be provided at a later date (soon-ish).
Also, yes, I realize the analogy in red above was a horrible one.

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 am

1858: Claxton's twin brother is assassinated by suspected SDP corp operatives. Claxton vanishes from the public eye for several months, as he mourns.

OOC: Convoluted timelines are the best timelines.
Last edited by Caasd on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:29 am

Oerstland wrote:
Unnamedland wrote:

Honestly, the Jenniferia timeline is getting quite convoluted at this point, and I'm confused who is fighting who over what and where or even what government system Jenniferia is using, but I'll do my best to make the post not too out of order. I can correct it later anyway if it's entirely wrong.
And yes, do I ever long for the long past days of Alexi the First and the VM-Icewalker wars. Simpler times then, eh? :p

1854: Alexei Claxton, styling himself as "Alexi IX the Pacifist" to appeal to the traditions of old, continues reigning in relative peace despite multiple attempted assassinations by the 18 Delegates of the Sun. Under his reign, the industrial revolution fully kicks off, and talks of a peasant revolution stir throughout the whole nation as living conditions in the cities takes a steep dive with the massive amounts of carbon dioxide emissions polluting the air. The first engine powered vehicle not going on tracks is also developed during this time, the manufacturer taking up the name "Claxton" after the ruler.

Oh it's easy. Jenniferia (formerly VM) is a semi-democratic revolutionary republic ruled by delegates of a group called "delegates of the 18th sun". Basically an elective dictatorship. They have been fighting a war against the Frontier Commonwealth (which used to be a colony of VM so its history is often discussed in these things [and also is a sort of proto-socialist republic]). As of right now they are being ruled by the guy who won the 1828 election, Alexei Claxton, who because Alexei was a popular name among the monarchs is now also self-styling himself as one as "Alexei IX the Pacifist"....

Yes, the VM-Icewalker wars are much simpler though XD. Much like, which is what I love about this, real human history

1860: "Alexei IX the Pacifist", now well into his 60s, steps down to pursue his hobbies, including fishing, and focus on his commercial activities. He deeply mourned the loss of his twin brother in 1858 as well, which is rumored to be the real reason why he had grown so tired of leadership. During his final years he had instituted a strict 5 year term for new leaders, with a term limit of 3 from now on. Universal suffrage is introduced as well, with women over the age of 30 with property are allowed to vote. Industry is booming, however the gap between the urban rich and the rural poor is staggering. Political violence such as assassinations for the most part *appears* ;) to just be a distant memory.

The election to replace Claxton looks like a contentious and very close one. On the one side, Marcus Romulus, a protege of the pacifist, promises to continue the long peace and prosperity that has reigned in the land for these 30 years. He overwhelmingly has the support of the industrial city elites. On the other side, Theodore Barry (claiming, maybe implausibly, to be directly descended from the old monarchy) who is championing the 'left-behinds' cause for more peasant and union rights, including controversially a restriction on firing rules. He also proposes imposing tariffs on certain goods from the Sigil Coast, which has also industrialized in this era of peace.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

... Let's just say it was his brother assassinated shall we? I'll put that in my big post here. I rather like the idea of a leader of this country actually getting to retire happily for once XD
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 am

1860, continued: Attempts are made on the life of both candidates. Although no-one is caught, SDP corp is suspected. SDP have grown in influence to the point where Helaxion is essentially another division of the company, a fact that is not known to the wider world. The election continues, unabated.

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 am

Wine-loving Chimps wrote:
Oerstland wrote:Honestly, the Jenniferia timeline is getting quite convoluted at this point, and I'm confused who is fighting who over what and where or even what government system Jenniferia is using, but I'll do my best to make the post not too out of order. I can correct it later anyway if it's entirely wrong.

Oh it's easy. Jenniferia (formerly VM) is a semi-democratic revolutionary republic ruled by delegates of a group called "delegates of the 18th sun". Basically an elective dictatorship. They have been fighting a war against the Frontier Commonwealth (which used to be a colony of VM so its history is often discussed in these things [and also is a sort of proto-socialist republic]). As of right now they are being ruled by the guy who won the 1828 election, Alexei Claxton, who because Alexei was a popular name among the monarchs is now also self-styling himself as one as "Alexei IX the Pacifist"....

Yes, the VM-Icewalker wars are much simpler though XD. Much like, which is what I love about this, real human history

1860: "Alexei IX the Pacifist", now well into his 60s, steps down to pursue his hobbies, including fishing, and focus on his commercial activities. He deeply mourned the loss of his twin brother in 1858 as well, which is rumored to be the real reason why he had grown so tired of leadership. During his final years he had instituted a strict 5 year term for new leaders, with a term limit of 3 from now on. Universal suffrage is introduced as well, with women over the age of 30 with property are allowed to vote. Industry is booming, however the gap between the urban rich and the rural poor is staggering. Political violence such as assassinations for the most part *appears* ;) to just be a distant memory.

The election to replace Claxton looks like a contentious and very close one. On the one side, Marcus Romulus, a protege of the pacifist, promises to continue the long peace and prosperity that has reigned in the land for these 30 years. He overwhelmingly has the support of the industrial city elites. On the other side, Theodore Barry (claiming, maybe implausibly, to be directly descended from the old monarchy) who is championing the 'left-behinds' cause for more peasant and union rights, including controversially a restriction on firing rules. He also proposes imposing tariffs on certain goods from the Sigil Coast, which has also industrialized in this era of peace.

... Let's just say it was his brother assassinated shall we? I'll put that in my big post here. I rather like the idea of a leader of this country actually getting to retire happily for once XD

OOC: I've tweaked mine to match your changes, it should all be in sync now!
Last edited by Caasd on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:17 am

Caasd wrote:
Wine-loving Chimps wrote:

OOC: I've tweaked mine to match your changes, it should all be in sync now!

OOC: Lovely!

Welp, now to add something in here. I can't rightly be going around deciding the outcome of the vote, so here's a little tidbit.

Marcus Romulus, candidate pledging to continue the legacy of retiring leader Claxton, is stung by a bee while giving a speech. The sting didn't kill him, but it did amuse the audience so much that by the very next day, cartoonists had begun to depict Marcus as a flower. While it shocked him at first, by the end of the campaign Marcus had embraced the reputation, carrying a tulip in his coat pocket. Avid supporters soon begun the trend, and thus a photo-rosette was made.
Slava Ukraini

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:02 pm

October 1860: The election approaches. Things seem to be very tight, but Romulus eventually begins to slip behind Barry. Barry is charismatic and manages to convince the working class of Jenniferia that he really is a man of the people, contrary to Romulus. However, just when it seemed like Barry would easily win the January 1861 elections, it is suddenly revealed that he had been receiving money from Gated Eel Corp., contrary to his left-wing ideals. Many Jenniferians feel that he had betrayed them and plan to vote for Romulus instead.
Will someone discover that the scandal was actually just a plot created by the delegates of the 18th sun to give Gated Eel more power before Election Day arrives? Maybe, maybe not...
Meanwhile the Sigil Coast presents an ultimatum to the Frontier Commonwealth, demanding that they withdraw from Lampadia and return the island to its rightful rulers. They refuse. Both sides embargo each other and tensions rise. Barry pledges to support the Commonwealth in any potential conflict, while Romulus advocates for remaining neutral. Meanwhile, the Commonwealth itself is dangerously close to political infighting as Valerian Sarr becomes older and older. What are his plans for choosing his successor once he retires or dies? The next poster can decide...

OOC: Yes, I like writing about the random details, such as how oil was discovered in Telvarsland. :)

Also, I really like the idea of not one, but two, Illuminati-like organizations fighting in the background and messing up history in the process.
:p
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:05 pm

1861, January: Romulus wins the election, with around 51% of the vote. Barry vows to respect the result, but also says he will not stop his campaign for better equality among the population. A journalist, who was preparing a story about a claimed scandal about the election mysteriously goes missing, and is found several days later on the outskirts of Portbarry, claiming he was a salmon. Inside the Gated Eel headquarters, the clinking of champagne glasses can be heard.

Valerian Sarr dies, and his clear instructions about his successor are overridden by his aide, claiming that his deathbed instructions supersede his will. James Levison, a junior official and a complete political novice, is selected. He turns out to be...

1861, October: ... a surprisingly competent leader.

OOC: idk, I'm not sure whether two secret organizations is enough...
Last edited by Caasd on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Caasd wrote:
1861, January: Romulus wins the election, with around 51% of the vote. Barry vows to respect the result, but also says he will not stop his campaign for better equality among the population. A journalist, who was preparing a story about a claimed scandal about the election mysteriously goes missing, and is found several days later on the outskirts of Portbarry, claiming he was a salmon. Inside the Gated Eel headquarters, the clinking of champagne glasses can be heard.

Valerian Sarr dies, and his clear instructions about his successor are overridden by his aide, claiming that his deathbed instructions supersede his will. James Levison, a junior official and a complete political novice, is selected. He turns out to be...

1862: From the 1800 to this year, normal scientific discoveries are created. However, two genius inventors, a couple named Jason and Lisa Kell, invented the first telephone. They then invented more things across the years until their death at age 91 in the year 1917. The couple become popular within the government, even meeting James Levison, with their meeting being taken as a picture by the camera, though an artist also painted their meeting. This popularity with the government win them support and fundings, and Lisa use it to promote the women's rights movement too. The couple also supported science, convincing people to fund schools and universities across the world, with nations receiving funding.

James Levison started to enact many policies that tried to benefit the population as a whole, as well as keep the nation's unity, Meanwhile, the barbarians that were encountered in the continent Sigil Coast was located become civilized. The cannibal barbarians suffered a civilmwar some years ago when a barbarian, Kargaz, leaded a rebellion after realizing on how good the civilized nations are and the horrors of his tribe. He won, and after winning, started the process of civilization.

A new method in making steel was founded when a steel making factory owner, Ben Vanner, found out that the air from the wind breezing into his factory helped the smelting process of the steel, making the quality better and allowing easier and more production of steels. When the secret was discovered to be oxygen, he invested money to remodel parts of his factory in order to allow more oxygen to enter the factory. This process was soon called "Vanner process".

Workers working for the Gated Eel company started to rebel as the 18th Sun delegates running the Gated Eel company treated workers unfairly, exploiting them. The working condition was poor, like Industrial revolution Britain. Even kids were forced to work, and unions were banned. A worker named Justin Erner, who leaded a band of workers as a secret union discovered the secrets of the Gated Eel company, and was promptly executed by the company for it, along with other workers. The management soon treated the workers even harder, making the conditions look like slavery. However, news of the working condition, Gated Eel's secrets, Justin Erner and his worker's execution, and other news related to the company have spreaded outside of the walls of the factory.

156 AFZ: As the winner of the war, Zoltonland take over some parts of the invading nation, taking a single province and it's capital. The effects of the takeover were big. Not just this give some boost Zoltonland's power, territory, economics, etc, but also Zoltonland's knowledge, tech, etc, which are now equivalent to 18th and 19th century stuffs. Zoltonland also gained maps of the invading nation, discovering that they had already explored the whole world. With the new information, they sended expeditions to those undiscovered lands
Last edited by The Federation of Kendor on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:59 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
Caasd wrote:

1862: From the 1800 to this year, normal scientific discoveries are created. However, two genius inventors, a couple named Jason and Lisa Kell, invented the first telephone. They then invented more things across the years until their death at age 91 in the year 1917. The couple become popular within the government, even meeting James Levison, with their meeting being taken as a picture by the camera, though an artist also painted their meeting. This popularity with the government win them support and fundings, and Lisa use it to promote the women's rights movement too. The couple also supported science, convincing people to fund schools and universities across the world, with nations receiving funding.

James Levison started to enact many policies that tried to benefit the population as a whole, as well as keep the nation's unity, Meanwhile, the barbarians that were encountered in the continent Sigil Coast was located become civilized. The cannibal barbarians suffered a civilmwar some years ago when a barbarian, Kargaz, leaded a rebellion after realizing on how good the civilized nations are and the horrors of his tribe. He won, and after winning, started the process of civilization.

A new method in making steel was founded when a steel making factory owner, Ben Vanner, found out that the air from the wind breezing into his factory helped the smelting process of the steel, making the quality better and allowing easier and more production of steels. When the secret was discovered to be oxygen, he invested money to remodel parts of his factory in order to allow more oxygen to enter the factory. This process was soon called "Vanner process".

Workers working for the Gated Eel company started to rebel as the 18th Sun delegates running the Gated Eel company treated workers unfairly, exploiting them. The working condition was poor, like Industrial revolution Britain. Even kids were forced to work, and unions were banned. A worker named Justin Erner, who leaded a band of workers as a secret union discovered the secrets of the Gated Eel company, and was promptly executed by the company for it, along with other workers. The management soon treated the workers even harder, making the conditions look like slavery. However, news of the working condition, Gated Eel's secrets, Justin Erner and his worker's execution, and other news related to the company have spreaded outside of the walls of the factory.

156 AFZ: As the winner of the war, Zoltonland take over the invading nation. The effects of the takeover were huge. Not just this boost Zoltonland's power, territory, economics, etc, but also Zoltonland's knowledge, tech, etc, which are now equivalent to 18th and 19th century stuffs. Zoltonland also gained maps of the invading nation, discovering that they had already explored the whole world. With the new information, they sended expeditions to those undiscovered lands

Wait WHAT? Zoltonland would not have annexed all of Nairefinnejia, although they might have gained the maps and tech.
*points at IRL history*
The closest example was the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Japanese_War
The Japanese curbstomped the Russians but all they got was making the Russians withdraw their influence from Manchuria.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Unnamedland wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:

156 AFZ: As the winner of the war, Zoltonland take over the invading nation. The effects of the takeover were huge. Not just this boost Zoltonland's power, territory, economics, etc, but also Zoltonland's knowledge, tech, etc, which are now equivalent to 18th and 19th century stuffs. Zoltonland also gained maps of the invading nation, discovering that they had already explored the whole world. With the new information, they sended expeditions to those undiscovered lands

Wait WHAT? Zoltonland would not have annexed all of Nairefinnejia, although they might have gained the maps and tech.
*points at IRL history*
The closest example was the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Japanese_War
The Japanese curbstomped the Russians but all they got was making the Russians withdraw their influence from Manchuria.

OOC: Sorry. I edited that part. Also, will you continue both timelines, or just Jenniferia
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction