NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v2]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:21 pm

OOC: Also, Kyrusia. I think you must make a new chill thread in different location once this thread was finished, because it will be too bland if we use the same thread over and over
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:19 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:OOC: Also, Kyrusia. I think you must make a new chill thread in different location once this thread was finished, because it will be too bland if we use the same thread over and over

(I see no reason to make a different setting for the Mod-sanctioned C/CLT. Remember, these thread types are restricted.)
Last edited by Kyrusia on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Low bloods
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:22 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:OOC: Also, Kyrusia. I think you must make a new chill thread in different location once this thread was finished, because it will be too bland if we use the same thread over and over

(Ehh it's what has been going down, some dislike it, some don't. I personally don't mind, but I mean looking at the intro it must have certainly took a long while to make.)
(Dead and living)Leader profiles
If you can see us...
Something must surely be wrong.

[Factbook is always rework in progress]
We dont use NS stats here.
Am I too active on some threads, probably, sorrynotsorry!
I made this for newcomers to F7. A post I made
Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:28 pm

Low bloods wrote:

(Ehh it's what has been going down, some dislike it, some don't. I personally don't mind, but I mean looking at the intro it must have certainly took a long while to make.)

(The alternative to the Saloon is a prison. Which would y'all prefer? :p)
[KYRU]

Zane Winchester Scott
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zane Winchester Scott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:56 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
Low bloods wrote:(Ehh it's what has been going down, some dislike it, some don't. I personally don't mind, but I mean looking at the intro it must have certainly took a long while to make.)

The town that either building is in. Or we could just burn down the saloon and enjoy the field of ashes.
-Zane Winchester Scott
Great National Anthem
http://66.90.94.162/ost/pikmin-2/dustehlrij/255-bulblax-kingdom-olimar-.mp3
_[ ']_
(-_Q)

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Zane Winchester Scott wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:(The alternative to the Saloon is a prison. Which would y'all prefer? :p)

The town that either building is in. Or we could just burn down the saloon and enjoy the field of ashes.

(All kidding aside, I am more than willing to work with y'all if y'all want stuff added to the Saloon within reason. Give me something to work with, and periodically I may throw in some new places to play based on those ideas, subject to Modly considerations. At the moment, "canonically" [using that loosely, I suppose], it's just a saloon and some stables sitting at some crossroads.)
[KYRU]

Zane Winchester Scott
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zane Winchester Scott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Kyrusia wrote:(The alternative to the Saloon is a prison. Which would y'all prefer? :p)

Ooh another idea is that we all get high, and dream of a new location.
-Zane Winchester Scott
Great National Anthem
_[ ']_
(-_Q)

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Zane Winchester Scott wrote:The town that either building is in. Or we could just burn down the saloon and enjoy the field of ashes.

Ooh another idea is that we all get high, and dream of a new location.
Euroslavia wrote:Seeking Help with Illegal Activities: Don't start threads describing the best way to get away with murder, rape, child abuse, software piracy, bombing the UN, killing the President, or anything of that nature. We don't find it amusing, and it puts the forums at risk. Egregious posters of such may be banned, deleted, or even have their ISP contacted. For more information on this, and why we've specified as we have, see here.

(Or we could abide by the rules and not encourage things that step toward rule violations.)
Last edited by Kyrusia on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[KYRU]

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:24 pm

The Wild Dancing Donkey Man sat on his dirt throne, meditating and staring at the stars. "The voice, I hear it. I hear the voices. A ram of godly status and someone appearing to be a human of earthly status."
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:The Wild Dancing Donkey Man sat on his dirt throne, meditating and staring at the stars. "The voice, I hear it. I hear the voices. A ram of godly status and someone appearing to be a human of earthly status."

"That's me... maybe, idk, beats me."
Kyrusia wrote:
Low bloods wrote:(Ehh it's what has been going down, some dislike it, some don't. I personally don't mind, but I mean looking at the intro it must have certainly took a long while to make.)

(Tbh a prison sounds interesting, and sort of ironic in a funny way.)
If you can see us...

Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Zane Winchester Scott
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zane Winchester Scott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
Zane Winchester Scott wrote:Ooh another idea is that we all get high, and dream of a new location.
Euroslavia wrote:Seeking Help with Illegal Activities: Don't start threads describing the best way to get away with murder, rape, child abuse, software piracy, bombing the UN, killing the President, or anything of that nature. We don't find it amusing, and it puts the forums at risk. Egregious posters of such may be banned, deleted, or even have their ISP contacted. For more information on this, and why we've specified as we have, see here.

(Or we could abide by the rules and not encourage things that step toward rule violations.)

I live in Colorado. That isn't illegal for me. Also, I meant it as a joke.
-Zane Winchester Scott
Great National Anthem
_[ ']_
(-_Q)

Zane Winchester Scott
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zane Winchester Scott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:The Wild Dancing Donkey Man sat on his dirt throne, meditating and staring at the stars. "The voice, I hear it. I hear the voices. A ram of godly status and someone appearing to be a human of earthly status."

We are both people with earthly status he is just a moderator and I am not. Both are earthly and human.
-Zane Winchester Scott
Great National Anthem
_[ ']_
(-_Q)

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Kyrusia wrote:(Or we could abide by the rules and not encourage things that step toward rule violations.)

I live in Colorado. That isn't illegal for me. Also, I meant it as a joke.
[violet] wrote:So, to cannabis usage in particular. We've consulted various sources, including these two helpful pages, and concluded that it is broadly illegal. In most places, it seems to be considered a very minor crime, even to the point of non-enforcement. On balance, though, the weight of current law is against cannabis, not for it.

As such, we'll adopt a similar policy. That is, posters won't be permitted to encourage or facilitate cannabis usage, according to the guidelines above. This includes posts about people using cannabis personally, except in special circumstances where it's clear the poster is talking about a legal context. Posters who do this will be asked to stop.

With specific reference to game-side, and regions such as Weed, we'll generally assume that people are posting about their nations, not their personal lives. And of course it's fine to control a nation in which cannabis use is legal. We'll only act if the nation is clearly talking about breaking real-life laws.

(For the record, but back on topic.)
Last edited by Kyrusia on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Low bloods wrote:

"That's me... maybe, idk, beats me."

The Wild Dancing Donkey Man turned. "No, it isn't. These telepathic messages appear to have ceased, except from the earthly being informing me that the ram figure is not of godly status, that of which I do not believe"
The Midnight Order guy

Zane Winchester Scott
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zane Winchester Scott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
Zane Winchester Scott wrote:The town that either building is in. Or we could just burn down the saloon and enjoy the field of ashes.

(All kidding aside, I am more than willing to work with y'all if y'all want stuff added to the Saloon within reason. Give me something to work with, and periodically I may throw in some new places to play based on those ideas, subject to Modly considerations. At the moment, "canonically" [using that loosely, I suppose], it's just a saloon and some stables sitting at some crossroads.)

Add a town around it. We need more than two buildings. A port nearby would be great. Maybe a few houses, and a fountain. Also a tall, leering manor on a hill. I really need one.
-Zane Winchester Scott
Great National Anthem
_[ ']_
(-_Q)

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Kyrusia wrote:(All kidding aside, I am more than willing to work with y'all if y'all want stuff added to the Saloon within reason. Give me something to work with, and periodically I may throw in some new places to play based on those ideas, subject to Modly considerations. At the moment, "canonically" [using that loosely, I suppose], it's just a saloon and some stables sitting at some crossroads.)

Add a town around it. We need more than two buildings. A port nearby would be great. Maybe a few houses, and a fountain. Also a tall, leering manor on a hill. I really need one.

(Needs a little more work than that for me to take an interest. Y'all work together for a bit and come-up with some potentially unique additions and send them to me via telegram. If the thread stays on an even keel for a while, I'll consider adding stuff. If I do add stuff, it may be based on suggestions/ideas designed by players, so list who participated/suggested what and I'll give credit if I decide to add it to the OP.)
Last edited by Kyrusia on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[KYRU]

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"That's me... maybe, idk, beats me."

The Wild Dancing Donkey Man turned. "No, it isn't. These telepathic messages appear to have ceased, except from the earthly being informing me that the ram figure is not of godly status, that of which I do not believe"

"Seems legit."
If you can see us...

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
Zane Winchester Scott wrote:Add a town around it. We need more than two buildings. A port nearby would be great. Maybe a few houses, and a fountain. Also a tall, leering manor on a hill. I really need one.

(Needs a little more work than that for me to take an interest. Y'all work together for a bit and come-up with some potentially unique additions and send them to me via telegram. If the thread stays on an even keel for a while, I'll consider adding stuff. If I do add stuff, it may be based on suggestions/ideas designed by players, so list who participated/suggested what and I'll give credit if I decide to add it to the OP.)

(Could we have a suggestion thread, or should it be done my TG alone? I think if theres a thread, people could look at each others ideas and build upon them)
The Midnight Order guy

Zane Winchester Scott
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zane Winchester Scott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Indo-Malaysia wrote:The Wild Dancing Donkey Man turned. "No, it isn't. These telepathic messages appear to have ceased, except from the earthly being informing me that the ram figure is not of godly status, that of which I do not believe"

"Seems legit."

The fourth wall walks by, he has cracks and holes in him. "Oh god man, there is a goat and guy out there, they..." he dies.
-Zane Winchester Scott
Great National Anthem
_[ ']_
(-_Q)

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:(Needs a little more work than that for me to take an interest. Y'all work together for a bit and come-up with some potentially unique additions and send them to me via telegram. If the thread stays on an even keel for a while, I'll consider adding stuff. If I do add stuff, it may be based on suggestions/ideas designed by players, so list who participated/suggested what and I'll give credit if I decide to add it to the OP.)

(Could we have a suggestion thread, or should it be done my TG alone? I think if theres a thread, people could look at each others ideas and build upon them)

(Send it to me via TG. If y'all want to discuss it publicly, I'm fine with it being done here, just start spoilering the OOC about it, please, as to not otherwise disrupt the thread.)
[KYRU]

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:03 pm

Low bloods wrote:"Seems legit."

The fourth wall walks by, he has cracks and holes in him. "Oh god man, there is a goat and guy out there, they..." he dies.

"Ehh I break you all the time, some times to be funny, others to be obnoxious." He nods "most of the time to be both, you know what I mean?" He drinks some milk "oup and you died.... Nice."
If you can see us...

Zane Winchester Scott
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zane Winchester Scott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Zane Winchester Scott wrote:The fourth wall walks by, he has cracks and holes in him. "Oh god man, there is a goat and guy out there, they..." he dies.

"Ehh I break you all the time, some times to be funny, others to be obnoxious." He nods "most of the time to be both, you know what I mean?" He drinks some milk "oup and you died.... Nice."

Blood pools under the large, square corpse of the cartoon character.
-Zane Winchester Scott
Great National Anthem
_[ ']_
(-_Q)

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Low bloods wrote:"Ehh I break you all the time, some times to be funny, others to be obnoxious." He nods "most of the time to be both, you know what I mean?" He drinks some milk "oup and you died.... Nice."

Blood pools under the large, square corpse of the cartoon character.

"Now just to wait for looters." He went back to his drink "Wonder how that crazy dictator is, haven't seen him in awhile, actually haven't been here in awhile myself." He said to himself blankly
If you can see us...

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
Zane Winchester Scott wrote:Add a town around it. We need more than two buildings. A port nearby would be great. Maybe a few houses, and a fountain. Also a tall, leering manor on a hill. I really need one.

(I think we must use a space station as the new location or for an anachronistic setting if you don't want a new location, have a space station in this thread, with a portal to get there.)

For the IC post: It take few hours for the man to read the book, but after reading it, he place it back at the shelve and take another book.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:33 pm

Out-of-Character: Since there seems to be some confusion, the following is an example of a suggested addition I would be inclined to give further consideration (again, assuming the thread stays on an even keel):

Granny O'Wallace's General Store
    Situated across from the Ram's Head Saloon, Granny O'Wallace's General Store (despite what it seems to be known as, the rickety, worn sign above its doors indicate only "General Store") is owned by the eponymous "Granny O'Wallace," a stout, no-nonsense woman with pearly white hair and features speaking of many a day spent toiling - whether it be wrangling her now-grown children or toiling, no one is certain. Matriarch of the O'Wallace clan - the other members being Patrick O'Wallace (eldest son of Granny O'Wallace and Bertrand O'Wallace, now departed), his wife Annabelle, and their son Charles (taking after his kin, he is a stout young fellow in mid-adolescence and serves as the General Store's stock boy); Patrick's brother, Herald, known largely for sitting on the front porch of the General Store, a cigar in hand; and Cousin Andy, loosely related to the O'Wallaces by some marriage no one can seem to recall (they certainly don't seem to recall a familial linking with kin whose flesh was gray, metallic, and had three wheels for legs) - Granny runs the General Store as a tight ship and has little in the way of patience for the ne'er-do-wells who always seem to stumble from the saloon across the way.

The General Store itself is modest in provisions, but can get most by on a good day. It is known primarily for the sweets Granny is known to gift those who are polite and of a gentle demeanor. Even so, most travelers will find what they need in one of the four aisles in the small hovel of a building, be it horse feed and tack, haberdasher's textiles and hats, or even the odd rifle every now and then. What often draws visitors, however, is a rather strange looking thing situated at the back of the General Store. Granny O'Wallace attests she doesn't know when it was installed, but says the thing plays music without a player or any instrument she can see. It's large, about three and a half feet in height, covered in buttons ranging A-Z and a pad containing numbers 1-9, to the addition of 0. It has some flat surface, now cracked and covered in dust, that seems to spark at odd intervals, as if a bullet were ricocheting off its surface. Granny O'Wallace says the thing is "foul witchery" and has asked one of her boys to remove it, but they never have, preferring to play with the buttons until the box screams out a name - "Hank Williams," Granny attests - and starts playing some jaunty tune.

All of the O'Wallace clan, to include Cousin Andy, may be interacted with as a matter of course for the General Store and may be played by other participants at their leisure within the bounds of that role. Granny O'Wallace is usually behind the low counter, fiddling with the mechanical register, and usually willing to parlay over small gossip. Patrick and his son Charles are usually loading and unloading goods and merchandise from sporadic carriages and covered wagons. Annabelle is almost never seen, though when she is, it is only in passing. Herald is always sitting out front of the General Store and is curt; he may trade a match for some bit of news or other bit of information he finds interesting. Cousin Andy rolls on his wheels about the General Store (and to the Saloon) at odd hours, and sometimes can be spotted rolling off toward the distant horizon; he is curt in his words, but almost painfully jovial in attitude - almost as if he were hiding something.
That should provide some ideas. Details are good, as are characters that others can play with (and provide some detail about their behavior if you suggest them, preferably). A sort of overarching theme of "Weird West" is preferred, but as you can see, the O'Wallace clan have a robot cousin. Also, I'm not going to spend much time considering "vanity additions" like your character's personal space shuttle or such; shoot for things other people might enjoy and find a way to play with/in.

And remember:
Kyrusia wrote:(Send it to me via TG. If y'all want to discuss it publicly, I'm fine with it being done here, just start spoilering the OOC about it, please, as to not otherwise disrupt the thread.)
Last edited by Kyrusia on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
[KYRU]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives